Do agents have too much power?

Just started with Blackpool and have tried to sign Bradley Wright Phillips and Royston Drenthe (free transfer)

I offered BWP around 10k a week with about £100,000 to the agent - I actually thought I had overpaid for this!

I offered Drenthe about 12 a week, although again thought I had overpaid because the agent accepted straight away. Which was a surprise because he was on massive wages at Real/Everton and had Espanyol interested.

Because other clubs were in for them I wasnt massively surprised that I ended up missing out on both my targets, but I was definitely shocked at what they had gone for

Drenthe to Legia - 3.4k a week - couple of hundred a week in appearances and goal bonuses. Nothing else spectacular about the deal. Around 3 times less than my offer!

BWP to Watford - 5.75k - again, nothing noteworthy with the adds ons/clauses - around 2 times less than my offer!

Obviously their agents have screwed up royally, and I wouldnt be happy if I was the player getting shafted out of 9 grand a week! I can only assume the agents got paid off massively and that influenced their decision, which I dont think is that realisitic? Im sure agents do stuff like that if the deals are fairly similar, but surely not if they are robbing their client of that much money!

Is this a bug? Or just an unfortunate coincidence and the growing agent power in football?

Just started with Blackpool and have tried to sign Bradley Wright Phillips and Royston Drenthe (free transfer)

I offered BWP around 10k a week with about £100,000 to the agent - I actually thought I had overpaid for this!

I offered Drenthe about 12 a week, although again thought I had overpaid because the agent accepted straight away. Which was a surprise because he was on massive wages at Real/Everton and had Espanyol interested.

Because other clubs were in for them I wasnt massively surprised that I ended up missing out on both my targets, but I was definitely shocked at what they had gone for

Drenthe to Legia - 3.4k a week - couple of hundred a week in appearances and goal bonuses. Nothing else spectacular about the deal. Around 3 times less than my offer!

BWP to Watford - 5.75k - again, nothing noteworthy with the adds ons/clauses - around 2 times less than my offer!

Obviously their agents have screwed up royally, and I wouldnt be happy if I was the player getting shafted out of 9 grand a week! I can only assume the agents got paid off massively and that influenced their decision, which I dont think is that realisitic? Im sure agents do stuff like that if the deals are fairly similar, but surely not if they are robbing their client of that much money!

Is this a bug? Or just an unfortunate coincidence and the growing agent power in football?

this bug has been a problem since fm11. id offer free players 20k they would reject, after 1 week they sign for a much lower reputation club for 3.5K. post it in bugs forum

Well Im sure I read or heard in the build up to fm13 that this sort of thing would change. That you couldnt pay over the top agent fees to compensate for ridiculously low wages.

Seems like they just havent changed it for other teams then!

Actually, it might not be anything to do with agent fee's. It might just be a bug in my game that the players went for less money, simple. I was just presuming their agents were getting a pay off.

Archived