Inside forward in fm 2013

Training problem. If i put player to train as inside forward, he will not train shooting. At least there are no " colour" on finishing. In fm 12 i could train my player to be inside forward and to train shooting. I think its really important that inside f. Have good shooting in my formation. Now how to set things right in fm13?

Tnx.

It's an interesting point and as Cleon suggested, everything still gets trained and I, at least, am still working on the assumption that most points in skills are gained from playing and will be attributed to their positional rating.

Working on that assumption. I would suggest that it's not always best to train a player in a role that he is actualy playing.

For instance, I have something very close to your scenario.

I have just signed Willian from Shahktar (who was a legend for me on FM12). Currently he is playing a wingers setup without the crossing and with lots of cutting inside; essentially trying to create an Inside forward role from the ML/R position.

Now, his training has the Poacher role, though he will unlikely play that role for at least a few seasons. The reason is that it picks up most of the skills I want improved and he will still gain other skills that he needs from playing in his (current) natural role.

So, one thing in FM is to not always pick the most obvious thing. Playing the system a little can work wonders.

That said, I agree that the Inside forward role does probably need finishing in it and if you agree, you should report it and see what the response is.

Regards

It's an interesting point and as Cleon suggested, everything still gets trained and I, at least, am still working on the assumption that most points in skills are gained from playing and will be attributed to their positional rating.

Working on that assumption. I would suggest that it's not always best to train a player in a role that he is actualy playing.

I have just signed Willian from Shahktar (who was a legend for me on FM12). Currently he is playing a wingers setup without the crossing and with lots of cutting inside; essentially trying to create an Inside forward role from the ML/R position.

Now, his training has the Poacher role, though he will unlikely play that role for at least a few seasons. The reason is that it picks up most of the skills I want improved and he will still gain other skills that he needs from playing in his (current) natural role.

So, one thing in FM is to not always pick the most obvious thing. Playing the system a little can work wonders.

That said, I agree that the Inside forward role does probably need finishing in it and if you agree, you should report it and see what the response is.

Regards

I train players in different roles just to focus on attributes I think are important for the role he will play in my side. As I feel the preset roles are still to limited in what we can do with a player and how we can focus on areas we know the player will be using.

Regards

i was thinking same as you, to train him as poacher, but sounds weird. i agree with blast126 , shooting is important for inside forward, weird they didnt put shooting as primary into training.

How can you check what is being trained as part of each training focus. I chose inside forward but have no idea what it means as I cant see the breakdown. Ive asked help and that DIDNT

Player profile, training tab, training catergory.

Player profile, training tab, training catergory.

OK ı did that and I got a choice of focus or training a position. What it doesnt do is tell me what (if I choose inside forward) that training entails. People here say it doesnt train finishing. How do they know?

OK ı did that and I got a choice of focus or training a position. What it doesnt do is tell me what (if I choose inside forward) that training entails. People here say it doesnt train finishing. How do they know?

It does tell you, click the tab on the right that says training catergory or whatever and it tells you.

It does tell you, click the tab on the right that says training catergory or whatever and it tells you.

Sorry this isnt working . I open up Matt Sparrow, to the left are three drop downs.... squad, training and talk to player....I click on training and I get request training report, suggest preferred move, change focus to and strat training new position. I click on change focus Now I have three choices....none, individual role and specicifc attribute. I click on specific role and click inside forward... and still I dont know what that means he will be working on.

Sorry this isnt working . I open up Matt Sparrow, to the left are three drop downs.... squad, training and talk to player....I click on training and I get request training report, suggest preferred move, change focus to and strat training new position. I click on change focus Now I have three choices....none, individual role and specicifc attribute. I click on specific role and click inside forward... and still I dont know what that means he will be working on.

Yes it does.

Go to a players profile, click the training tab... then on the right you can view the attributes and what are been trained by whatever position you've set him as via the 'area' tab.

Regards

This is interesting, I might look into this later. As training only focusses CA gain then training someone in different position to what they are actually playing will in theory help with their weaknesses and focus attribute gain in areas you want, as opposed to areas for the role he is playing (as it's likely he is stronger in those attributes for his role already).

The only issue is whether the player role training of say 'Inside forward' just gives focus to the attributes that are needed for the position 'Inside forward' and don't have any tactical element in them?

Archived