FM13: Andreas Cornelius - The new Danish hope - Touted as the next Ebbe Sand

Herbie2100

Andreas Cornelius

Striker - FC Copenhagen

2kinwk.jpg

Andreas Cornelius is a product of F.C. Copenhagen's youth academy - School of excellence.

In 2011/2012 he was training with the reserves, but given 2 first team games at the end of the season, both as sub, without making an impact.

In the summer of 2012 he was moved permantly to the first team squad, when Dame N'Doye joined FC Lokomotiv Moscow in a 5,5M£ move, the scene was his.

So far this season he has played 15 games in the Danish Superliga scoring 10 goals and 2/1 in the Europa league.

He was also called up to the Danish national team playing 2 games against Czech Republic and Bulgaria, getting 2 yellow cards one in each game and suspended for the game against Italy(lucky for them).

311kgsg.png

2zqhpvt.png

Asking price is 1.2M£ at that price he is a must buy.

He whould rip the Championship apart already and in a few years The Premiership

[video=youtube;qsaY4cfl_80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsaY4cfl_80&t=0m20s

F.C. Copenhagen Team Thread can be found Here

Looks like he'll be playing higher level than the Championship pretty quickly on my save. Snapped up by Roma on the last day of the summer transfer window for £1.3 million after scoring 5 goals in 7 games. He's been capped for Denmark against Greece and scored on his debut too.

Wish I'd got in for him earlier :(

This kid looks great, good post!

Hopefully he'll be available in FMC and will come to Championship sides...

I doubt he will come to a Championship side, from F.C. Copenhagen to a Championship side would be a HUGE step down

I've had my scouts out from the start of the 2nd season on the look out purely for strikers - Currently at the end of December and was going through some of the potential prospects. This wee chap popped up and looks like a good'un. I just tested the waters with the above mentioned value of £1.2m but they wouldn't settle for anything less than £2m - still pretty cheap considering the apparent potential. After my bid, a certain Werder Bremen put a bid in and he looks set to sign for them. I won't end up signing him as I don't have the funds as it's January, but I'll keep an eye on him.

It may just be my bad luck, but he seems to pick up injuries. I started (and re-started) a Copenhagen save and both times he has picked up injuries after just a few games. The few games he has played so far, he has done OK and looks capable of maintaining a decent scoring record. Good luck if you go for him and share your experiences please.

• 1 month later...

Got him for Nott Forest when I gained promotion to the PL and he just picks injury after injury! December now and 4 games, 0 goals, keeps getting injured for 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 2 weeks....

Coach report states this has his weakness. Very dissapointed as I had such high hopes.

Signed the lad in my wolves game, playing him as an advanced forward on his own up top with 2 wingers supporting him and he's on flames!!

he managed to stay fit for a good part of the season but just got injured again at the end.

still ended with 29 games 14 goals in the PL! scored a hat-trick vs arsenal, a game i won 5-1!!

please just stay fit, pleeeeeeease!!!

I signed this guy second season with Everton for £1.9m, had a good start but then broke his leg and torn his hamstring within a month of coming back. Stats have taken a turn for the worst in the 18months I've had him and he can't beat Lacina Traore and Ademilson to a starting spot so looks likely he will be sold.

• 4 weeks later...
signed him for Roma at the start of game but really finding it difficult to keep him fit. Would probably let him go for decent offer.

Ahha.. bought him for 2m at the start of first season and then sold him for 18.5m when second season got over. Undercover Agent. :p

the Danish head researcher has indicated that Cornelius' injury proneness will be decreased in the next update

It's weird that it's apparantly so high to begin with, Physically he's awesome IRL - any idea if he has had a history of injury at youth level that would justify them setting a high injury proneness?

Archived