Transfer Targets/Unwanted Listed

How do these lists work? I started a career and added players to it only to then receive an email saying i had signed the guy at the top? I wasn't involved in any negotiations so who works on these deals?

I have no Director of Football in place and under Staff responsibilities I deal with all transfers - strange!

Your DoF or chairman will try to sign anyone on the transfer targets list regardless of responsibilities. If you have your DoF or chairman set to sign players, they will use your list but also attempt to sign players not on the list.

The opposite is true for the unwanted list. If you hae responsibility for selling unwanted players, but add someone to the unwanted list, then the DoF or chairman will try to find them a club.

Placing a youngster on the development list will make your Head of Youth or Chairman or DoF try to arrange a loan deal.

When I put someone on my unwanted and tell the DoF what the minimum I wan't for him is he always sells for that. I was hoping he would ask for higher but lower the cost as it nears the end of transfer window if needed. Instead it works similar to offer to clubs with that price tag.

Also it seems that staff members are much better at offering new contracts. Player asking for to much so I couldn't offer him a deal but if I let the staff handle it he accepts a new deal. If I just let them handle it can I in any way manage who get's offered and how much I want to hang on to him. Won't sign a new deal with a backup if he asks for to much and don't want them to offer him a First Team deal if I see him as backup.

What are your Director of Footballers stats?

Motivating

Determination

Judging Player Ability

Judging Player Potential

Adaptability

Tactical Knowledge

I think there's one more stat but can't think of it off the top of my head.

Those lists really don't work in my game. I have tried several teams and a lot of DoF's but I NEVER had a succesful result with any player on one of those lists !

It would seem you are in something of a minority. As long as your DoF is semi competent and the prices you allow him to sell players for are reasonable, they tend to get the job done. If you set £20 million as a minimum price for Emile Heskey, he may struggle. If you have a rubbish player on a 6 year contract on £200,000 a week, he will struggle to even get rid of him for nothing. Obviously the same applies for less extreme examples.

I only use mine for selling, but despite not having the best stats, he seems to be pretty darn good at it

There are no extreme examples here. The lists do NOT work at all.

Best example:

Wellington Nem has a clause of 4.1m € --> I put him as transfer target. (I am City)

--> even P.Corvino (very high attributes on everything) says "transfer target failure" --> I say WTF !!! --> I have to do all that work myself and buy him for 4.1m €

Selling also never worked for me. Last I tried it with Galatasaray. I put 5 players on selling list (against transfer value) --> no success

Then I have proposed the same players manually (again for their transfer value) --> And I have sold 3 of the 5.

Archived