Sports Interactive Community
matty2323

FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

What an outstanding return! How did Henriquez develop for you?

He went on loan to Udinese last season, he scored 9 goals and made it into the Chilie Squad for the World Cup. He scored a couple goals in the World Cup.

I've decided to let him go back to Udinese for a 3rd season as it seems to be working and he enjoys it.

right... i'm going against my better judgement and starting a save with united, just to test the waters in the game... i'll update with transfers etc soon.

How much have you been selling Anderson for (provided you want him gone, of course)?

I had him move in a part exchange deal with Everton (10M euros and him for Fellaini), but maybe I could've gotten a better deal.

I got Fellaini for £5m plus Anderson.

not wanting to go with the crowd and sign the obvious.... I've done this...

clearly vast amounts of money out on de rossi, but never tried him before :)

manutdhistory.png

2nd season and your first 11 and bench has only 6 original players. Bit unrealistic for United. But i guess people have their ways of playing.

I understand where you are comming from. However remember United have also had Sir Alex at the helm for decades so there would be no need to overhaul the squad as he already has his mark on it.

I enjoy the searching for players part to FM a lot I admit although with United I just wanted to make my mark on the team, so I needed players who could play my style.

wh6vO.jpg

I did spent a lot in the 1st season, however if you check out the following you will see I have actually brought more money into the club in recent seasons, got rid of massive contracts and brought in a lot of youth.

1OagR.jpg

2m4MA.jpg

My squad looks like this for the 3rd season. I've taken a risk and given faith to my youth players while bringing Necid on loan (paying his 20k a week wages no fee) just for some added experiance incase of injurys.

Managed to get 30mil for Llorente from Arsenal which is a great bit of business. Sign him for free, get 20+ goals from him and make 30mil.

I will struggle in the CL this year and my realistic hope is the Quarter Finals or Semi Finals depending on how the draw goes. Hopefully my young team will be able to put up a good fight for the EPL.

wUoN6.jpg

He went on loan to Udinese last season, he scored 9 goals and made it into the Chilie Squad for the World Cup. He scored a couple goals in the World Cup.

I've decided to let him go back to Udinese for a 3rd season as it seems to be working and he enjoys it.

I believe you, but I would like to see how does his attributes look now. :)

he hasn't changed much,

has anyone got 4-2-2-2 working properly, tried old FM12 tactics, defenders are still buggy, and wingers run right along the line and shoot now :/, been using 4-2-3-1, still no increase in goal output, bit more possesion but defender bugs are a nightmare.

Not making drastic changes but have the chance to bring in Strootman & Eriksen while offloading Anderson. Any thoughts on these two gents? Anyone used em before?

Start of 3rd season, just after the transfer window closed.

sizjh.jpg

Will post the outcome.

Not making drastic changes but have the chance to bring in Strootman & Eriksen while offloading Anderson. Any thoughts on these two gents? Anyone used em before?

Liverpool just signed him for 22mil at the start of my 3rd season and he has been on fire at the start of the season.

edit: By "him" I meant to say Eriksen.

Anyone gotten to 2014 yet and seen if the big chevrolet sponsor deal is in the data, or if you just get the standard "slightly" better deal?

Tbh if the latter is the case Im tempted to edit it in myself, because theres a big difference between around 25 mil and around 40 mil.

Strootman is doing ok but when u have Fletcher and Carrick (and i also bough Fellaini) .. he is not a must buy !

Start of 3rd season, just after the transfer window closed.

sizjh.jpg

Will post the outcome.

12U74.jpg

wgLRs.jpg

Wow, this game is absolutely insane. Just had the following happening in my 1 season UCL quarter final, 2nd leg against Barcelona.

97k2fo.png

Edit: will write a full season update when this season has finished. Just had to share this match.

Wow, this game is absolutely insane. Just had the following happening in my 1 season UCL quarter final, 2nd leg against Barcelona.

97k2fo.png

Entertaining to say the least!

I play a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as att mid and RVP as advanced forward

If I played a 4-4-2 which hasnt been my preferred formation in fm13 I play RVP as a AF/Poach and Rooney DLF

Just gave Davide Petrucci his debut (spent most of the season on loan) in a Champions League semi-final tie against Galatasary. He scored. :cool:

I play a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as att mid and RVP as advanced forward

I would do that too but Kagawa has been fantastic at AMC.

If I played a 4-4-2 which hasnt been my preferred formation in fm13 I play RVP as a AF/Poach and Rooney DLF

Thanks. DLF S or A?

DLF with support but if you got RVP and rooney up as the 2 strikers then u can select the option switch position with player and have those 2 swapping all game

Its the same tactics I used when we use to have Tevez. Tears up premier league teams but with all the att midfielders we have in 13 it was time for a change

Brought in Strootman, boys been fantastic, watching the highlights and everything seems to go through him but he's not hitting Hollywood balls 30-40 yards, the smallest simplest passes make the difference.

Also his ability to break the opposing teams attacks down is invaluable.

Started a save with United and all is going okay but I am conceding a massive amount of shots at my goal. If it wasn't for DDG I'd had lost every game As it happens I've won everything but I need to stop this. Any advice? For example, I've just played LOSC in the CL and conceded 25 shots at my goal. It's unrealistic, unless I'm doing something crazy with my tactics.

The update is working and updated the ME !

First season, playing my 4-4-1-1 :

Bought Fellaini , Romario and Isco(20milj euro) (young DR) and a bunch of young players( Bakkali, Schrijvers, Sergi samper, Schnitzler, Spruyt, Henen , Maupay, joel valencia, Goretzka and Dennis praet)

pre-signed Dazgoev on free

Hard to sign Gotze now (like it would be IRL).

Cantona is my Dof now.. signed Praet and Goretzka from my targetlist

off-topic: Do I need to start a new save for fixes (e.g. crosses when it comes) or can i continue old save with new fixes?

off-topic: Do I need to start a new save for fixes (e.g. crosses when it comes) or can i continue old save with new fixes?

U can continue with the old save , all the match engine problems will be solved

Sold Young to Arsenal for 27m (offered to all at 30m).

Got Bale for 25m.

Somehow exchanged Fellani for 100k + Anderson. I'm pretty sure there's a bug with transfers with part exchange.

I usually can only get them to £7m and Anderson so £100k is pretty strange.

anyone interested in a DoF the noticeable one is that if you are club and England manager, Roy Hodgson accepts.

Got him as my DoF, doing a good job. Over ruled some of his transfer dealings - very cautious with regard price - just had to take a risk!

anyone interested in a DoF the noticeable one is that if you are club and England manager, Roy Hodgson accepts.

Got him as my DoF, doing a good job. Over ruled some of his transfer dealings - very cautious with regard price - just had to take a risk!

For me Eric Cantona !! cheap, bought Dennis Praet and Leon Goretzka and loaned everyone out to a good team.

Started a new save and now I'm torn between signing Sandro or Fellani, can get Sandro for £19m and I know how good he can become.

Back into it now the update to the ME has been applied. Must admit im really enjoying it. No DoF for me, i like as much control as possible. Started the season really well playing a variation of an old 4-2-4 formation i used to utilise. Rooney and RvP have both had early injury setbacks, as has Chicharito, but Kagawa, Nani, Young and Welbeck have performed admirably. No transfer in that will affect the first team, with Anderson, Powell and Macheda out on loan.

ManchesterUnited_FixturesSchedule.png

ManchesterUnited_TacticsOverview.png

Rooney got sent off in the Champions League final, rightly fined him two weeks wages and he kicked off. This eventually lead to me selling him to Arsenal for £30m. :D

Will post some screens of my team-to-be for season 2 shortly.

unitedseason2.png

Team will likely look like that a lot this season. Cleverley will generally play at CM, but RvP and Kagawa are both out injured for a couple of months.

transfersseason2.png

Alaba at LB, I like it :cool:

Anyone elses training look like this:

i4dr0.png

I seem to have alot of rest days :thdn:

you got a couple of Benders in your midfield :p

Rooney annoying me currently, he is always angry

oh and i had RVP get whiplash on international duty O.O

going to make a new save this one is ruined by the rep being random and as a result too low, players play like champiosnhip players.

I don't like some of the transfers at all. :(

Rebuilding from top to bottom. :D

Ferdinand declined a lot, shipped him out as he still wanted 80k per week and he isn't that great of a tutor. Evra annoyed me after also getting sent off in the CL final and Alaba would have been first choice ahead of him anyway.

Kept Giggs and Scholes on purely as tutors.

Rooney and RvP have been throwing a "Tevez" all season for me. Always unhappy, always unmotivated and they've both lost their sport to Kagawa and chicharito respectively. If i get good offers, ill offload them at the end of the season, free up the budget and start chopping away at the debts.