FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally found a good tactic for RvP. Either put him as Poacher with Winger support/attack, DLP with IF, Trequartista behind the striker.

Using my custom shout for play wide/focus on the middle, RvP score 13 + 5 assist (no assist from corner)from 12 matches.

Don't know why but beside Rooney, all my striker didn't perform enough if I put them as CF/AF, but amazing as poacher/DLP.

@Scott MUFC

Does llorente was picked by other team? IIRC his contract is expired and you can sign him for free. But maybe Barca snapped him if you're too late.

Finally found a good tactic for RvP. Either put him as Poacher with Winger support/attack, DLP with IF, Trequartista behind the striker.

Using my custom shout for play wide/focus on the middle, RvP score 13 + 5 assist (no assist from corner)from 12 matches.

Don't know why but beside Rooney, all my striker didn't perform enough if I put them as CF/AF, but amazing as poacher/DLP.

Best way to use RVP is set him as Targetman on the team sheet and supply on feet... works like a treat. Less than half season in and RVP already has 4 hattricks one against his old club ASNL. :D

i tried the target man, with players like bale, Gotze, Giggs, Kagawa, Isco supply him the ball, but no use. He also become very injury prone if I put him as TM. Will probably sell him next season since he is too old + extremely high wage.

He missed the last 3 months of the season for me. Hernandez and Welbeck were quality though.

I'm going to bring Henriquez though next season as my 6th striking option, so that's 2 strikers for each position up front in my 3-4-3 formation.

Board gave me £19.75m budget, and 70% of sales (negotiated up from 55%), I will probably sell Buttner (replaced by Fabio) and Young (replaced by Zaha) and get around £40m to play with.

Not too sure on targets though, as I have a bit of a 'Galactico' policy on this save so far.

I've had a good season with RVP so far. 20 goals in 20 league starts, 2 in 3 in the CL, he's been excellent. I've had El Shawaary and Bale on the wing, with Rooney and RVP up top. Been using Rooney as DLF, with RVP as Poacher, works a charm.

Started a new game on the new update as United, and with Thai nationality to try and complete one of the Challenges from that section of the forum. Didn't make too many changes. Sold Evra, Anderson and Nani in the first window, and replaced with Baines and El Shaarawy, then in January pulled off an awesome little transfer sending Cleverley and Fletcher to Spurs, getting Bale in return. I also boosted the centre of midfield by signing Marco Verratti for £16m from PSG.

The changes have worked too. After 27 league games we're 4 points clear of City, and in the CL knockout round, facing Real Madrid. Annoyingly, I had just beaten Arsenal, drawn with Everton and then beaten Madrid 5-2 at home, but my game crashed and I've had to go back, and to make it even more irritating, I just lost to Everton. Hopefully the Madrid result'll go well, and we'll be back on track. Going well though, just hoping for a Thai star to come through the youth intake this year!

I got £13.75m in the first season, so reckon you could get slightly more than that for him. If not, £8.5m's not too bad.

Victory! Just won the league :D Bale got footballer of the year, RVP top goalscorer, and I got Manager of the Year. Awesome. No sign of Thai's in the first intake though annoyingly.

Would you sell Evra too PSG for £8.5mil, start of second season. Have Buttner and Luke Shaw as replacements?

No way, that's far too cheap, and he's far to good to let go that early.

Just didn't see him on any of your screenshots from that post.

Ahh I see, RVP missed the last 3 months through injury :(

Has anyone managed to successfully unsettle/sign Jack Wilshere from Arsenal?

I'm looking at signing him for my Manchester United team in Summer 2013. I need a world-class midfield general, and I think he fits the bills :D

At the start of the 2nd season I can get Neymar for 43 million & sell RVP for 40 million (all up front) to PSG. RVP had a couple of spells out last season with little injuries that kept him out a couple of weeks here and there. With neymar, rooney, welbeck, maupay, hernandez, henriquez & james wilson (who is rated at 4.5 stars) my forward line would be set for a long time.

How is RVP once he reaches 30 & beyond ?

Has anyone managed to successfully unsettle/sign Jack Wilshere from Arsenal?

I'm looking at signing him for my Manchester United team in Summer 2013. I need a world-class midfield general, and I think he fits the bills :D

I've not unsettled him but Arsenal will sell for 40 million at the start of season 2. Thiago is available at 20 million as well.

`Finally bought myself FM13 so decided to start a game with United. I am using the FM classic system as I'm not massive on being really, really in depth.

Start of game update:

Pre-season:

vs Lyon (H) - 4-3 - (Evra, Vidic, Valencia, Cleverley)

vs Braunschewig (A) - 1-0

vs Bayern Munich (A) - 1-2 - (Cleverley, Neuer(OG))

vs Valencia (H) - 4-0 - (Welbeck(2), Cleverley, Van Persie)

vs Antwerp (A) - 0-4 - (Welbeck, Cleverley(2), Van Persie)

Transfers in:

Yohan Cabaye - Newcastle United - £18m

Transfers Out:

Nani - PSG - £13.5m

Anderson - PSG - £13.5m

Currently have a bid in for AC Milan's Stephan El Shaarawy of £27m

Beyond the signing of Cabaye and finding competition for Valencia on the right, I will probably stick with the current squad unless someone of world class talent becomes available.

early takeover? sweet :D

Welbeck has been superb for me. give him some tutoring to get is determination up, the rest is easy

well got to transfer window, Finanaces are seemingly shot to pieces by that point, was given 20m, had to transfer nearly all that to contracts, and newgen compensation payments. got to seasons expectations 4.66k transfer budget given....... yea thanks thats going to buy me messi.... mope

Falcao got listed, threw 31m at him after selling Nani..... he went to city who have been throwing money at everything. (Dede >.>)

8864F9041703FD3449A633980016FF87570A5E68

final table, surprised at my points total considering the performances and goals scored in some games being rather poor

6F19FFAB28D72918FF517A21EF9F230BD1DCCFF5

thier goals, direct free kick >.> and a stupid corner scramble

59AB441AAFE79B5367952E7E02E16B5B10EBF73D

Welbeck :D, Alaba in the semi final 2nd leg and against Chelsea as immence

now then

signings

66AF17DCB3F41E469CD7FFEB088D38FBEB52A1D9

probably the best one, few extra stats in each of the higher technical stats and he will be a superb player on the wing

F966F405C0FE64BEAF16FAC478540AE53407562F

my scout found this one at Watford, surprised he wasn't signed sooner most teams had signed thier best ones by then.

22AB3EA3DCC10292FEB5BD5FD31B76D4647C3DD4

same as above, scout found him unsigned at crewe

0908D2DA81D3E65990286F43BA280A604B4B389D

took me ages to sign this one, work permits kept failing. got him when they joined the EU. hopefully will be like Rafeal

the guy above from Braintree arrived also, 4 stars+ superb find lol

and a couple of future arrivals

2ED8B875E4FA60AE596D0B58089805B54C61666C

14802A07BE040BA72F1472022A0A4CDA578753B8

not many central defenders around, lots of Limited defenders which I do well with but not many Centrals.

5E6FF6F08FB26C8F61E25C7CAC8D2A10538A711B

:D everyone loves Fellaini

Depends. What did you do since the start of the game regarding transfers? Any daft contracts given out, etc?

Only signed Bale & Falcao. But those wages are off set by selling others anyway, plus I won the quadruple.

Only signed Bale & Falcao. But those wages are off set by selling others anyway, plus I won the quadruple.

So you forked out somewhere in the region of £60million, (at a guess), on two players, pressumably with the money all paid upfront, and are probaby paying a combined total of around £160k p/w in wages to them.

What of the players sold? What kind of fees did you get, were they all upfront, etc?

I ask because at the start of my second season I'm going along very nicely financially. And that's after winning just the league and the league cup in the first season, and getting knocked out at the quarter finals of the Champions League. Aswell as thst I've only sold £57million worth of players thus far, (£18million of which is been paid at million a month), and bought £40million worth all upfront.

So you forked out somewhere in the region of £60million, (at a guess), on two players, pressumably with the money all paid upfront, and are probaby paying a combined total of around £160k p/w in wages to them.

What of the players sold? What kind of fees did you get, were they all upfront, etc?

I ask because at the start of my second season I'm going along very nicely financially. And that's after winning just the league and the league cup in the first season, and getting knocked out at the quarter finals of the Champions League. Aswell as thst I've only sold £57million worth of players thus far, (£18million of which is been paid at million a month), and bought £40million worth all upfront.

Tom knows how to run a club :cool:

I only sell players up front, so I only buy upfront, I'm not a fan of paying for a player over 48 months etc.

Off the top of my head, thus far, I've sold;

Young £20m,

Anderson £11.5m,

Carrick £13m.

Plus a few others, like Macheda, reserve players, amounting to around £10m, and freeing up wages by releasing a number of players (inc. Scholes) and reducing high earners like Vidic, Rio, Evra.

My wages are better off than when I started.

Bale cost £31m, Falcao was £25m. I was given £22m at the start, and £23m in January and £19m in Summer 2013, by the board.

Decided I'm going to take a bit of a gamble going into my second season. I'm going to change tactic, from the 4-2-2-2 that I have been using, with RVP and Rooney up top, and try out the re-trained Gareth Bale in his new real life role at AMC, as an Inside Forward/Trequartista. It's risky, as last season RVP and Rooney were excellent, scoring 47 goals between them. I tested it out in Pre-Season, and had a little bit of success, but I think it's worth giving a go for a few games in the league to see how it works out. It means playing Ashley Young on the left again, and having to rotate RVP and Rooney, but fingers crossed Bale does well, and gets a few goals himself.

I've also started to look towards the future of my defence. Ferdinand has another year remaining on his contract, and with Vidic now 31, almost 32, it could soon be time for the next generation to take over. I already had Phil Jones pencilled in, but have bolstered the defence by signing Raphael Varane for £17m, and to replace Rio when he leaves at the end of the season, I've agreed a transfer for Kurt Zouma, for a fee of £18.5m, with that transfer going through on the 9th of June 2014. So once Ferdinand departs, I'll be left with Vidic (who I'll give 1 more season), Varane, Zouma and Jones.

In the summer window I also signed 15 year old French regen striker Ahmed Rouissi, who I'm pretty sure is going to be the next big star. I've only had him for a matter of months, but his training has already begun to pay off, and some of his stats have already improved by 1 point. The key stats I am really impressed by, is that at 15, he already has finishing of 20, and determination of 18. Add that to impressive stats of dribbling (13), heading (14), passing (15), decisions (13), teamwork (15), agility (15) and stamina (13). One other thing I like, is that in my scouts report, his weakness is down as jumping, which really isn't that vital, and his main strength is consistency. He could probably do a job in the first team already, so god knows how good he'll be at 18, or 21. The kid's gonna be a star. Here's a screenshot:

ScreenShot2013-03-13at111358_zpsd89fd8a1.png

Well there must have been something you've done wrong to knob things up like this. :D

:D

I've done it how I always do to be honest, unless the board have just given me too much money, I'm not the type to waste money either in my games, seems a bit strange, but I'm sure it will work out in the end. A lad on another forum has a United save and he said he was having financial problems too.

Decided I'm going to take a bit of a gamble going into my second season. I'm going to change tactic, from the 4-2-2-2 that I have been using, with RVP and Rooney up top, and try out the re-trained Gareth Bale in his new real life role at AMC, as an Inside Forward/Trequartista. It's risky, as last season RVP and Rooney were excellent, scoring 47 goals between them. I tested it out in Pre-Season, and had a little bit of success, but I think it's worth giving a go for a few games in the league to see how it works out. It means playing Ashley Young on the left again, and having to rotate RVP and Rooney, but fingers crossed Bale does well, and gets a few goals himself.

I've also started to look towards the future of my defence. Ferdinand has another year remaining on his contract, and with Vidic now 31, almost 32, it could soon be time for the next generation to take over. I already had Phil Jones pencilled in, but have bolstered the defence by signing Raphael Varane for £17m, and to replace Rio when he leaves at the end of the season, I've agreed a transfer for Kurt Zouma, for a fee of £18.5m, with that transfer going through on the 9th of June 2014. So once Ferdinand departs, I'll be left with Vidic (who I'll give 1 more season), Varane, Zouma and Jones.

In the summer window I also signed 15 year old French regen striker Ahmed Rouissi, who I'm pretty sure is going to be the next big star. I've only had him for a matter of months, but his training has already begun to pay off, and some of his stats have already improved by 1 point. The key stats I am really impressed by, is that at 15, he already has finishing of 20, and determination of 18. Add that to impressive stats of dribbling (13), heading (14), passing (15), decisions (13), teamwork (15), agility (15) and stamina (13). One other thing I like, is that in my scouts report, his weakness is down as jumping, which really isn't that vital, and his main strength is consistency. He could probably do a job in the first team already, so god knows how good he'll be at 18, or 21. The kid's gonna be a star. Here's a screenshot:

ScreenShot2013-03-13at111358_zpsd89fd8a1.png

What training do you give a talented youngster to get the most from his potential?

Rouissi is currently on Poacher Heavy training, and being tutored by RVP, and it definitely seems to be paying off. If he continues to develop at the rate he is, I might have to start giving him first team opportunities next season. Crazy that a 15 year old is almost good enough for the Premier League champions First XI.

What training do you give a talented youngster to get the most from his potential?

There's a great thread in the Tactics And Training forum about developing youngsters. It's by Cleon and about how he developed young players at Ajax. There's some really good infomation in there. :thup:

missed a couple of newgen signings from last list, and some new signings since.

7144E9117FC3D319410F9A700F35C32E11C4511B

064ABB6BE2CF871C2FE642DBFAC26AF48380C9B0

this is the Braintree Guy

also bought Shaw :D

1AF3FF606E9AA7AF0E40E0ECA225FD3044319972

look who i got on a free

15927FF27188783C6D583C91D2B6211A36C9AF3A

£25m :( worth it though

results from last season and preseaon this, from where i left off

88A1465690B6F683BD1419F7C8E134CEE608DEB2

4505DFC6F607CF63CA53898C6960FCDE267D8931

50AF420FAAE190951AD7D3244E4756D4471D9BE6

8CA86EA269BFF590BEAC9A49535C6CB4A1A43758

ratings for last game :D

how much do you spent for Neymar? And could you give me SS of Smailing and Evans? I have Schalke defender (K. Papa something) on transfer list. Thinking of buying him + Jones + Vidic and either Smailing and Evans as my CB.

Played on with my Man United save last night, and the club finally got bought out :cool: By a local business man though, who isn't loaded, but he's made the club more secure, and started work on upgrading the training facilities, plus helped me sign Kyriakos Papadopoulos on deadline day :D

I lost the charity shield on penalties to Manchester City, but beat them a few days later 3-1 in the opening league game of the season. I'm currently top, in October, having lost just one game (away at Chelsea), and I've won both matches in my Champions League group. Falcao has started the season in mental form. What is the best way to check how much of the debt he has cleared?

I won the Super Cup 2-1 with a 90th minute winner from Wayne Rooney, against Tottenham. But came at a cost as Vidic got injured for 5 months.

And my kids were knocked out of the League Cup away at Liverpool, on penalties after a 2-2 draw.

Mixed start to the season so far...

Season    League                 League Finish   FA Cup     League Cup  Europe        Charity Shield     Super Cup    World Club Cup    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Premier League         1st             Winners    Winners     CL Winners    N/A                N/A          N/A               Manager of Year
2013/14   Premier League         -               -          3rd Round   -             Runners Up         Winners      -                 -

has anyone managed to buy Bale post the the new patch? Spurs looking for £154 million for him. Also Alaba has non interest in signing for United. I am just after winning the league and cup double in the first season but can't buy anyone decent despite having £71 million to spend. Very frustrating.

get Neymar, he has a £61m international clubs buyout clause

Buy Kyriakos Papadopoulos, the guy is superb

Alaba will come, if you cant get him, try and get Shaw.

Why pay £61million for Neymar when more often not he becomes transfer listed? I got him for £29.5million after season one.

Also why buy another first choice centre back? Even when Vidic and Ferdinand are gone there is still Evans, Smalling, and Jones. Dont see why you think you have to chuck money around willy nilly.

because Neymar wasn't getting transfer listed on mine, he was blitzing the brazilian league.

and I said it as it is the maximum you would need to pay.

Papadopoulos and Jones will be your main CB's for many years, you cant play with only 3 available CB due to needing to rotate.

plus he has 20 determination, tutoring :D

on my other United save I have Jones, Papadopoulos and Hummels with developing newgens and Vidic covering.

shame you cant get Hummels easily anymore :(

has anyone managed to buy Bale post the the new patch? Spurs looking for £154 million for him. Also Alaba has non interest in signing for United. I am just after winning the league and cup double in the first season but can't buy anyone decent despite having £71 million to spend. Very frustrating.

Yep, I got him in January of the first season. Got a fantastic deal too, just a straight swap for Tom Cleverley and Darren Fletcher. Send the deal over on a limb, but wasn't expecting it to actually get accepted. Wasn't playing Fletcher or Cleverley, so it worked out perfectly.

Archived