FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys how well does cleverley perfrom for you? I'm thinking of him as a backup/rotation for cm but i doubt he'll develop and become world class in the future.

This is Cleverley for me in March of the first season.

cleverly.png

Seems to be doing ok - i use him as a DLP with Support in a 4 2 3 1

Season 6 review

Well this was a mixed season for me.

League

Won they league fairly easily this time around with my only defeat to City :(:mad:

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages_zpsc0520038.png

FA & League Cup

Well this was a disaster this season :( League cup I went out in 3rd round to Middlesbourgh (championship) with quite an experianced team out.

FA cup was even worse, I went out in 4th Round to Charlton (Championship), again had a mixture of a team out but should have been more than enough to see this game off.

Champions League

This was more like it, had tough 1/4 final against Real Madrid but managed to scrape through after a 1st leg win and hold out in 2nd leg.

Final was against Valencia (who won their league as well) and was very confortable even after being reduced to 10 men.

ValenciavManUtd_OverviewOverview_zps928c507d.png

Transfers

Mostly loans out, big movers were Welbeck for £36.5m and Strotman for £14m

ManUtd_TransfersHistory_zpsdbdcc251.png

Incoming though was Ramos for the future and Ademilson

Ademiacutelson_OverviewProfile_zps58d80f49.png

Done well for first season.

Ramos maybe one for now instead of the future.

LucasRamos_OverviewProfile_zps695be412.png

Next Season

I'm looking to offload Hernandez - did'nt play alot as was injured, Kagawa -again another injured and poor performaces, Llorente - as mush as i like him he's now 33 and lost alot of pace, finally Rooney - Again did'nt play alot but did do well when called upon so i've not made my mind up yet.

Incoming will be another CM as i fell short end of the season covering this postion with the new formation i'm playing.

I have just started a new United save on FM13 and here is how the summer transfer window ended:

Transfers

The policy in the 1st season with United is I never buy or sell any first team players from my squad, instead buying youngsters with potential:

manutdsummertransferwin.jpg

Competition Progress

Premier League

The opening month saw just two games played in the league and the players won both games, comfortably defeating Stoke at Old Trafford before narrowly edging out Swansea at the Liberty. Only bitter rivals Man City have bettered our start, topping the table on goal difference. Of the newly promoted sides, only Reading find themselves in the drop zone but it is still only the early stages of the new season so there is a good chance that the following table won't look the same:

englishpremierdivisionsq.jpg

Champions League

The draw for the Champions League group stages sees the players drawn into a fairly progressive group with Ajax, Spartak Moscow and Nordsjaelland the opposition.

Capital One Cup

The draw for the Capital One Cup 3rd Round has thrown up a blockbuster tie for the players as Arsenal will come to Old Trafford in September.

So that is just the start to the 1st season on my United save and I will be back with regular updates throughout my career.

nice players there.

oh and Neville for me now

1823A242BC14F641507DAAA18DDE413B577CC1D7

4C792524A6156116B13B3D95E11DA18372C57589

my first choice left back :D well other then Alaba but he plays mainly LMF

and remember that Techincially gifted striker i signed?

938F80CAA82E551562B537CE0B1040CAE0F59AF5

needless to say, i'm giving his full debut in the COC :p

oh and I bashed spurs

DB3002E0DAA2C0C3DD8116EB87090C6029329B4F

4DCDE7E90A69D325BF5B489E01EA6BDEE65E33E5

most frustrating game ever in terms of how they scored, and how many i scored.

I had TWO disallowed for fouls on the keeper when my cross go almost under the bar (this happens stupidly often at IFK as well) they scored from thier only 2 crosses.

Right, I have a little problem.

Nani's contract runs out in a year, I'm mid-way through August, we have contract discussions to which I laughed at his £120,000 per week wage demands (he's currently on £45,000 per week, and he's not a First Team starter either), and I thought I'd go as high as £70-80,000 per week.

He literally wouldn't budge.

So, I either try and sign him up again after the window shuts, or I go for broke and put him up for sale. I do like him, but not for £120,000 per week. His market value £21m, and there are clubs sniffing, and I think I could possibly get £25-30m for him.

I have Zaha, Valencia, Neymar, Bale who can play those roles. (although Neymar is a striker for me, he could fill in)

Now, Younes Belhanda is transfer listed for £12.5m, and his wage demands are £35,000 per week, he's 3 years younger, his stats are comparable to Nani's, plus Belhanda can play centrally too, allowing me to possibly sell Carrick too.

So, would you try and keep Nani and give in to his demands? Or sell and replace with Younes Belhanda?

I do like him, but not for £120,000 per week.

You answered your own question there: if you don't want to pay the wages and you can get a good replacement in for a little bit of money or with a little net transfer loss, you should do so.

In my opinion, only the key players should be worth the large wages they demand, while you should move on the 'lesser gods' so you can bring some youngesters through. And maybe make a bit of money, given the debt our club has.

You answered your own question there: if you don't want to pay the wages and you can get a good replacement in for a little bit of money or with a little net transfer loss, you should do so.

In my opinion, only the key players should be worth the large wages they demand, while you should move on the 'lesser gods' so you can bring some youngesters through. And maybe make a bit of money, given the debt our club has.

I can sell and bring money back into the club, but that just goes back into your transfer kitty, right? How do you use it to pay off debt?

If your balance grows large enough, the chairman can decide to pay off the debt. On the other hand, if your balance goes very negative, he might have to take out another loan to help with the financing of the running costs.

So, as a manager you are not in the position to decide wether to pay off the debt or not, but you can certainly help getting your club in a financial healthy position so the chairman can recude the debt. Or maybe use this money to increase stadium capacity, or anything else that will ensure larger profits.

Here's my transfer for 2013/14 season with Man United:

rljsiw.png

Further up there, which you cannot see are a few loans and Buttner to West Brom for £7.5m. :D

Only spent £30m really :)

EDIT: Nani was £22.5 plus a 25% sell on fee.

Just started new MU save .

Transfers IN:

Gerard Deulofeu 22.5m

Yan M'vila 35m

Staff:

Pantaleo Corvino as Director Of Football

Giuseppe Irrera as Coach

Paul Winsper as Fitness Coach

Flavio Trevisan as Coach

Friendlies :

prijateljske.jpg

I play 3 league games:

premier.jpg

Good for now , i keep posted results.

So after removing Amderson from the transfer list and popping him back in the first team with status of "rotation", Juventus made a derisory offer of £7million. I rejected and he was annoyed, so much so that he has asked to leave. Not happy with him at all. :(

I got £11m off Juventus for him, as I had a second offer for that same ammount, told them to match it.

I had to sell needed the funds transfer funds are complete junk

look who i found on my coaching staff :D

1024x640.resizedimage

my only 2 signings, unless something comes in for a player I want to sell, then i'm stuck. need a couple of wingers now Valencia has been butchered :(

1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage

he got 20 Determination now

1024x640.resizedimage

good preseason win :D

I got £11m off Juventus for him, as I had a second offer for that same ammount, told them to match it.

I had to sell needed the funds transfer funds are complete junk

Got £18million straight up cash from PSG for him. Was thrilled with that, even though I really didn't want to sell him.

I wouldn't say the transfer funds are "junk". £22million, (as I think it was to start with), is a great starting point.

they are, when everyone costs a fortune, i like to get a couple in + some youth.

Big players cost big money - what are you expecting to pay for the likes of Fellaini? It was infinitely less realistic previously when you could sign him for peanuts plus Anderson. :D

I know, injures are being a pain

I have Rooney AND Ferdinand out with fractured wrist

RVP has a gashed leg (and Hernandez only just got back from his preseason injury...) pain in the backside fielding a team of players above 90% let alone 95%

1024x640.resizedimage

good start

you can get 20m for Nani?

wow... tempting because i want to buy baines.

Just Completed my first with United with the new patch.

1st Season Transfers

1stseasontransfers.jpg

Premier League Fixtures:

1stseasonpremierleaguef.jpg

1stseasonpremierleaguef.jpg

Final League Table can you spot the shock

1stseasonleaguetable.jpg

FA Cup Fixtures

1stseasonfacupfixtures.jpg

Capital One Cup Fixtures

1stseasoncapitalonecupf.jpg

Champions League Fixtures

1stseasonchampionsleagu.jpg

Champions League Final Details

1stseasonchampionsleagu.jpg

So overall it has been an amazing season the squad we have been consistant all season if not always playing at our best but, the champions league win is amazing could not believe we beat madrid and also winning the final after going a man Down.

All the signings have done what i wanted them to do sandro a rock at times. Baines providng competition for evra and giving us a different dimension when attacking. Yarmolenko as the season went on got better and even managed to score 3 goals in the league manchester derbys. And beckham to add more depth and just to make me happy.

Next season is going to be tough but im sure we will be ready players will be leaving but i hope to bring in some top quality players to try and retain what we won this season.

Thank you for reading

20m for Nani?

got 19.5 for Young instead \o/

couldn't get Baines due to funds, dispite me trying to negotiate, he went to city before it was accepted, :(

was frustrating on that deal, because I was left doing everything in the Window, and time ran out on negotation for Tonny Vilhena, at Feyenoord. will try again for him because he is a superb prospect.

my dutch scout found him and this guy from PSV will hopefully grow into a superb winger

EA25306A79F040822E65B65226C6C098D065B666

only had to pay compensation of 600k

94D1323EF7D037A5922937F37C7D740D554687FA

Alaba, got him in as soon as Baines deal fell through, used him in my previous save and found him superb, and got in before Chelsea could put in thier bid

623CFBDE4BD45A9B5BB43277FC6C7117B90B9566

final dealings, a little dissapointing, cant complain though, got 3 first team players in at the expense of 2, making a nice sum off Buttner Everton have an option to buy for £6m at the end of the season as well, so i could make a good £7-8m. total. oh and the club made £2.02m Profit (yet wouldn't give me any more funds :mad:)

massive injury crisis, not really abating, lost papadopoulos for 4-6 weeks, as well as Rooney and Rio for a month+, had to play Chelsea with only 2 fit CB..... Evans, who had just come back from injury, and Papadopoulos, had to play Carrick at CB for 45 minutes due to the latters injury, still won the game 1-0 with no RVP or Rooney.

got a few players i plan to sign when more funds are available, RVP is back Vidic is back, still on the edge but improving.

I start the game before the update so I don't know if the transfer that I made will be available in the new update :

Trade Anderson for Fellaini (player to player no extra cash)

Sell young for 20 mil and buy bale for 24 mil

Brought in Wellington Nem, Adryan and Ademilson as future prospect

Sell Wellbeck for 15 mil and buy Sandro

Sell Butner and buy Alaba

Anyone found that RvP is not performing? Rooney and Hernandez are sensational. So does Kagawa (which already give me 8 goals and 4 assist in 10 games).

I start the game before the update so I don't know if the transfer that I made will be available in the new update :

Trade Anderson for Fellaini (player to player no extra cash)

Sell young for 20 mil and buy bale for 24 mil

Brought in Wellington Nem, Adryan and Ademilson as future prospect

Sell Wellbeck for 15 mil and buy Sandro

Sell Butner and buy Alaba

Anyone found that RvP is not performing? Rooney and Hernandez are sensational. So does Kagawa (which already give me 8 goals and 4 assist in 10 games).

hernandez was poor for me i agree with kagawa fantastic and RVP did score goals for me but was not as good as i hoped he was going to be

Dunno what the complaint is over "only" having £22m to spend. I've just started a game as United and managed to buy both Sandro and Alaba with no sales. Using monthly installments and adjusting the transfer/wage budget you could buy anyone you like - that's in addition to having a huge squad to start with. There's a lot of interest in Anderson, Valencia and Nani too, so if you want to restructure, there are a lot of resources. I turned down £16.5m from PSG for Anderson, which I'm guessing most people wouldn't have done. Really just want to see what he can do.

I'm still in very early days. Came out of a good pre-season to beat Man City 3-0 and collect wins over Swansea and Norwich. Tbh, I'm planning on using the first season to experiment with the squad - I switch between playing 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1 and rotate a lot.

you can get Llorente on a free as well pre-update he is superb

a lot harder in the update, quite a few of the players you want now cost a fair bit more.

Llorente is well worth it especailly on a free. I sold him in 2018/19 season as he was 33 to Stoke, he's scored 17 goals in 25 games and is joint 2nd goalscorer. Plus only defeat i've had this season was to stoke and he scored both !!

when you have to play Carrick at CB with a not quite fit Evans for 45 minutes due to injures.... that is why.

If Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand and Vidic are all out then that's what... £80m worth of injured centre-backs? That you can still field Johnny Evans even after that is just further testament to the strength of the squad. If you're still convinced that 5 Premier-league-leading-star centre-halves just isn't enough cover, Jores Okore costs like £2m and seems to have improved.

Barca so bad at OT, I beat em 5-1 2 seasons in a row

and I also had Papadopoulos out as well as smalling, Jones, Vidic and Ferdinand

hopefully I can keep hold of Fabio this time around, lost him on a free last time due to complaining about first team football as soon as he came back from loan, just as he had started to develop as well :(

my scount found Okore, was tempted, but rather get in players in attacking positions to develop, as defence was never an issue last time.

I turned down £16.5m from PSG for Anderson, which I'm guessing most people wouldn't have done. Really just want to see what he can do.

Well, I didn't want to sell him was quite prepared to reject any offers for him. But when a player decides he wants to leave there's little you can do really. :(

Anderson did ask to leave, so I went into the private chat thing. He wanted to know our ambitions, I told him we'd win the league within 2 seasons, he said that was unrealistic(!) and I told him he was an unprofessional git. He dropped it after that and is now happily playing. I also had Valencia asking to leave after Spurs (of all teams) came in for him. Told him we'd win the league in two seasons as well and he's got the little "manager promise" thing in his profile now. Part of me wishes I'd sold the pair of them on principle, but there you go.

On my Everton save I held on to Fellaini despite him going the whole way - putting in a transfer request, saying I was forcing him to be unprofessional, being generally an irritant little !#£!$" - but I just told him to forget about it and, after a couple of months, he did. If you're willing to make compromises, it can be a lot easier to keep players.

Btw, I'm really starting to hate Nani. He's ridiculously predictable and wasteful. Every time he gets the ball he dribbles a little into the middle and blasts it from 40 yards out. Ever a goal? Christ no. Him I'm very willing to sell, especially with Zaha coming in at the end of the season.

Archived