FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of first season

Won the league, was a nervy finish though. Had get a draw or win against City at the Etihad Stadium. Got a one nil win thanks to a Gareth Bale goal.

English_Premier_Division_Overview_Stages.jpg

FA Cup was a nightmare in the end. Beat Fulham, Reading and Man City before losing in the 6th round to Championship side Hull. What made it worse was that I deserved to lose. I played a weakened team, but a team that I still expected to win.

Hull_v_Man_Utd_Pitch_Split.jpg

Won the Capitol One Cup. Had a tough run, beating Fulham, Notts County, Chelsea, Liverpool and then Arsenal in the final.

Man_Utd_v_Arsenal_Pitch_Split.jpg

This was the best of all. I won the Champions League. Came 2nd in the group, before beating Dortmund, Real Madrid and Juventus on the way to a final with Barcelona. All I can say is thank you Alex Song.

Man_Utd_v_Barcelona_Pitch_Split.jpg

So all in all, one hell of a season. Dissappointed with the FA Cup, but you can't win 'em all eh.. well, not this season anyway. Gareth finished as my top Scorer from AML as an inside forward.

Season 2013/14

I took the decision at the start of this season to make drastic changes to the United team. Firstly, yet another change in formation. I'm now playing a 4-1-3(wide)-2. I also made quite a few noteable sales.

Man_Utd_Transfers_History.jpg

Allow me to explain..

Van Persie - Didn't do all that well for me, and at 29, I figured I may not get another chance to get good money for him.

Vidic - Was probably my best defender last season and wanted to give a new contract, but stats had started to drop and wanted 120k(more than he was originally on) so I took the cash for him rather than letting him go on a bosman. Also getting on a bit.

Nani - A year left on his contract and only a rotation player, was happy with how much I got for him.

Kagawa - Never really featured in my plans, would only ever have been back up.

De Ceglie - Signed in the first season as back up to Evra. Happily took a 6m profit now that Fabio is back.

So here's the gameplan..

-Win everything(League, FA cup, Capitol One cup, Champions League, Chairty Sheild, Euro Super Cup, Club World Championship)

-Finish on 100+ points in the league

-Get 30+ goals out of Rooney

Here's the formation and squad..

GK - Goalkeeper(defend): De Gea, Lindegard

RB - Fullback(support): Rafael, Smalling

CB - Central defender(defend): Jones, Papadopoulos

CB - Central defender(defend): Evans, Ferdinand

LB - Fullback(support): Evra, Fabio,

DM - Anchorman(defend): Fellaini, Fletcher

RM - Winger(attack): Neymar(retrained), Valencia

CM - Advanced playmaker(support): Gotze, Cleverly, Scholes

LM - Winger(attack): Bale, Young, Giggs

ST - Deep Lying Forward(support): Rooney, Llorente,

ST - Poacher(attack): Hernandez, Welbeck

Prospects: Rugani, Armendariz(newgen), Thompson(newgen), Maher, Powell, Shaw, Henriquez, Peruzzi, Stearman(newgen).

I'm now on August 30th 2013. I've won the Charity Shield(vs Newcastle) and Euro Super Cup(vs Inter) already. My group in the CL is Dortmund, BATE, Sporting CP. Also won my first two league games. I only got a percentage of my transfer sales to spend, but still have around 20m. Can anyone recommend a young DM suitable for the Anchorman position to shadow Fellaini so that I can sell an ageing Fletcher?

so sad... didn't win Manager of the month

despite winning

7-0

7-0

9-1

1-0

first 7-0 you already seen (Sunderland)

2nd is....

Wait, if you didn't win Manager of the Month with those results, who the hell did? They're a mighty impressive run of results, especially the City win!

Prospects: Rugani, Armendariz(newgen), Thompson(newgen), Maher, Powell, Shaw, Henriquez, Peruzzi, Stearman(newgen).

I'm now on August 30th 2013. I've won the Charity Shield(vs Newcastle) and Euro Super Cup(vs Inter) already. My group in the CL is Dortmund, BATE, Sporting CP. Also won my first two league games. I only got a percentage of my transfer sales to spend, but still have around 20m. Can anyone recommend a young DM suitable for the Anchorman position to shadow Fellaini so that I can sell an ageing Fletcher?

How did you manage to get a work permit for Peruzzi so early in the game? I assume gino peruzzi.

I recommend lorenzo crisetig for anchorman. His stats will increase by leaps and bounds after tutoring and playing time.

How did you manage to get a work permit for Peruzzi so early in the game? I assume gino peruzzi.

I recommend lorenzo crisetig for anchorman. His stats will increase by leaps and bounds after tutoring and playing time.

I signed him thinking I had got a permit, but it turns out he still needed one so I loaned him to Twente for a season then offered a new contract.

Keeping an eye on Crisetig.. he's out of contract at the end of the season. I've got Sami Khedira coming in on 1st of January so he can compete with Fellaini for a few years in that role while I develop a youngster like Crisetig. Just need to sell Fletcher now.

On another note, would you boys sign Douglas Costa for 7.5m or Theo Walcott for 12m for RM(winger attack)?

Rooney is so frustrating. Refused to sign a £300k per week contract throughout his last season, he wanted £600k a week!! Then he announces he is leaving on a free and promptly signs for Newcastle on £155k a week!! What's that all about?!?!

Thats got to be a bug surely ???? (A) to want 600k per week is shocking and (B) take a paycut to join another team ?

Very bizarre

How does everyone deal with the debt. I'm being crippled financially by it and my funds decrease almost daily. I've tried negotiating all outgoing transfer so I'm paid monthly so the money gets replaced but I still can't make a profit. My wages are only £1.7mill per week with quite a lot being bonus based.

Anyone got tips for preserving money.

How does everyone deal with the debt. I'm being crippled financially by it and my funds decrease almost daily. I've tried negotiating all outgoing transfer so I'm paid monthly so the money gets replaced but I still can't make a profit. My wages are only £1.7mill per week with quite a lot being bonus based.

aah dont worry about losses, juz make sure spend all money you have and generate huge losses so that after a year or two GLAZERS quit and you can have some good owner. After that all your financial problems will be solved.

aah dont worry about losses, juz make sure spend all money you have and generate huge losses so that after a year or two GLAZERS quit and you can have some good owner. After that all your financial problems will be solved.

I am spending all money I have. I've signed Falcao and have Pique, Bale, Zouma, Baines and Varane all coming in the summer. Also won all competitions and am about to play champions league final.

I am spending all money I have. I've signed Falcao and have Pique, Bale, Zouma, Baines and Varane all coming in the summer. Also won all competitions and am about to play champions league final.

falcao, rooney and persie

vidic and pique

o my god u crazy manager :p

CENTRE MIDFIELDERS

I play with an advanced playmaker and ball-winning midfielder as my two centre Midfielders. At the moment I have Kagawa as the AP and De Rossi as the BWM, with Fletcher cover for the BWM.

My main problem is that I've just sold Carrick to spurs and have left a gap in my squad. Should I trust Nick Powell in the position(he got an average of 7.30 in the first season over 26 games) or should I buy someone? My transfer budget is £55m and wages I have £700k left.

crazy?

I got Llorente and Neymar on top of the strikers already there :p

I got Carrick and Fellaini as my main BWM's

so, yea, played through a whole month. Kagawa got a hat trick..... from centre mid :/

some newgens are also "wonderkids" now

4513240D3C5540DD785B5D22FFB196151A37E641

18C1766880521677DDD491A9F70102F9D5DFA16B

AD8C8E8ADCE01E1A793D3ECAB6209402263E0C6A

his insane development

4E8139BFE11DC2E3D558E0CF6C45E493ADCC03BC

34071974ED9555DE5ACB9EA75DA8CA3FA4B124B2

and another

2C7CEACA74A084847BB4A177D00C7CDDE394B66A

80398A3616E998D4CF7DC1E189368F31DD372E12

couple of results i perhaps didn't deserve

AC0EAE8E015552DA3155437B1B96A564ECB9565D

450A87E3F9CD88B47A0E765661FE389BA16E1CD0

second one, I was like Arsenal in their recent RL match with chelsea pinned in and being battered, till Tony V dribbled from his own half twice to score 2 goals before half time. then it was all me since the sending off, Chelsea match was an even contest.

AND.... Youth intake

4A2CF2B7A48DC9934D744E6826674019BB134A30

hopefully will develop a bit betetr then his star rating, best position target man

3423A82FEF0C1CD74F364319799F6AA38BABC457

best potential of all youth intakes this season

01760915967D818339C71561F16F8BB83B63EC1E

CENTRE MIDFIELDERS

I play with an advanced playmaker and ball-winning midfielder as my two centre Midfielders. At the moment I have Kagawa as the AP and De Rossi as the BWM, with Fletcher cover for the BWM.

My main problem is that I've just sold Carrick to spurs and have left a gap in my squad. Should I trust Nick Powell in the position(he got an average of 7.30 in the first season over 26 games) or should I buy someone? My transfer budget is £55m and wages I have £700k left.

powell is good for fa and league cup matches, as well as subs in few matches. give him 20-25 appearances in a season. What about cleverly, he is a fantastic advanced playmaker. After six month training and game time, he becomes very very good

End of 3rd season. I'm Spurs(& England) boss and have won 3 titles in a row. Fergie retires. United (who had a tycoon takeover at beginning of the season and who have now won nothing for 4 years) offer me the job and a £650m(!!!!) transfer budget. I said yes, obviously. They already have Neymar so I've signed Messi for £139m. Happy days. Will update when I have more.

Thats got to be a bug surely ???? (A) to want 600k per week is shocking and (B) take a paycut to join another team ?

Very bizarre

has anyone seen him take a paycut to stay. let him go to Real for 19mil wanted 350k+ a week (Jan 2017) 3rd choice striker.

Season 4 Update

League

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-3_zps05afc8ff.png

Again was pretty straight forward this year.

League Cup

got further this year but went out in the 1/4 finals 2-1

FA Cup

Major disappointment this one, I lost 3-1 at home to Southampton (Really flying in my game)

Champions League

Went out in the semi-final to Barcelona on away goals. Lost home league 3-2 and won 2-1 away so went out on away goals.

Really seem to struggle against them.

Club championship

Lost in the final 2-1 but had all my promising reserve players in the squad and they did put up a good fight though.

Squad

ManchesterUnited_SquadPlayers-5_zps460ea116.png

Quite pleased with them overall with some promising youngsters in the wings. Subotic cost £20m but looks an excellant replacement for Vidic who is 34 now in my game.

Transfers

ManUtd_TransfersHistory_zpsbd996d59.png

Again alot went out on loan. Johnny Evans wanted a new challange and went to Bayern but I have enough to cover. Valencia end of 4th season as well wanted a new challange to be honest was very poor for me so was happy to sell.

As you can see already bought a couple of youngsters and have also bagged Fellani to strengthen my midfield. Trying to sign Eriksen but Ajax want £40m+ so will see if it drops when asks for a transfer (is unhappy and wants to move to a bigger club).

Other than that quite happy and my loan finishes in Jan of 5th season so hopefully my sort the finance out abit.

I sold Rooney for £40m to Real Madrid at the end of 2012/2013. A risky gamble but he seems injury prone on my game and he does not justify his wage, and I wanted to bring through Henriquez, Powell and Cleverley. My strikers are RVP, Hernandez, Wellbeck and Henriquez. RVP is my only player on more than 100k.

De Gea

Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Armero

Carrick, Cleverley

Nani, Kagawa, Wellbeck

RVP

I could do with a midfield powerhouse but so far my efforts to sign Sandro are not coming off. Not entirely sure what sort of player I need to buy. The fans hate me for selling Rooney but I did win the title :lol: The season starts in two weeks.

I sold Rooney for £40m to Real Madrid at the end of 2012/2013. A risky gamble but he seems injury prone on my game and he does not justify his wage, and I wanted to bring through Henriquez, Powell and Cleverley. My strikers are RVP, Hernandez, Wellbeck and Henriquez. RVP is my only player on more than 100k.

De Gea

Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Armero

Carrick, Cleverley

Nani, Kagawa, Wellbeck

RVP

I could do with a midfield powerhouse but so far my efforts to sign Sandro are not coming off. Not entirely sure what sort of player I need to buy. The fans hate me for selling Rooney but I did win the title :lol: The season starts in two weeks.

When you say powerhouse, are you looking for a play breaker, an all round playmaker, or another Roy Keane?

I was Villa for two seasons; took them to 7th then 6th in the league, including a good Uefa Cup run in the second season. Then at the end of the second season SAF retired. I applied for the job. Somehow, I got the job! So now I'm in charge of my beloved United, and will hopefully take them back to being the superpower in English football. They've finished second in both seasons so far, having been pipped by Man City then Spurs.

Before I signed the contract Gill informed me that the club expect me to play attacking football and develop players through United's youth academy, which is good because it fits in with my managerial philosophies.

Currently, we boast a terrific front line - RVP, Rooney, Kagawa (who I'm looking to build my team around) and Neymar! We have Nani, Young and Valencia on the right wing, although hopefully Nani and Young will be sold. The midfield is solid, with the likes of Khedeira, Fletcher, Carrick, Huddlestone, Garmash and Willian - but none of them are especially brilliant, so I'll be revamping that. In defence we still have Vidic, Smalling, Evans and Jones, and they signed NKoulou; I'm thinking of selling Vidic as he's the wrong side of 30 and we're sorted in defence without him. We have Baines, Fabio and Buttner for LB; no first-choice RB, though, as they sold Rafael for £20million to PSG last season. In GK, surprisingly, De Gea and Lindegaard are still there. Lindegaard is about to be sold to Notts Forrest, so I'll promote Amos to number 2 and continue with De Gea as my number one.

INS: Hopefully a CM, possibly Moutinho; a RB, someone like Clyne as he was brilliant for me at Villa; possibly a RW, but I don't know who yet.

Btw, how has De Gea been for you guys?

I have just started my second season with United. I brought in G. Bale and M. Fellaini prior to the first season and those deals ate my budget in full. The plan for the season was to win the league and trying to figure out how to shape the future. I won the league comfortably with Bale the highest scorer with 20 goals. I did also win the capital one-cup. Got to the final in CL where my team decided not to show up against FC Bayern. Got hammered but escaped with a flattering 1-2 defeat after extra time. Sour! Got knocked out of the FA cup by Fulham pretty early.

Biggest positives was the development of Cleverly and Wellbeck. Both had rotation roles but managed to contribute with alot of important goals and assist. Lost Nani to a 8-9 months injury at the later stages so he will be sidelined for a good proportion of the second season to.

Prior to the second season I cleared out a couple of players. Sold Anderson, Kagawa and Young and loaned Hernandez to Dortmund with the intention of selling him later on. I have bought a couple of regens that I have high hopes for and the youth intake offered me a couple of decent prospects, probably no world beaters though.

Generally my team lines up with a 4-5-1.

GK: De Gea/Lindegaard

DR: Rafael/Valencia

DC: Vidic/Smalling

DC: Jones/Ferdinand

DL: Evra/Fabio

DM: Fletcher/Fellaini

MC: Rooney/Cleverly/Powell

MC: Carrick/Giggs/Scholes

AML: Bale/Welbeck/Nani

AMR: Valencia/Welbeck/Nani

ST: Van Persie/Welbeck/Rooney

The squad may seem a little thin at some parts, but it is intentional since I want all the players to play as many games as possible. There is a couple of youngsters that could fill in if a major injury crisis would hit me.

The second season have started in a good manner, beating Man City in the CS 4-0 and won the four first games in the league. Not scoring enough, but as long as we win I'm happy. I'm extremley excited to see where things goes from here!

I was Villa for two seasons; took them to 7th then 6th in the league, including a good Uefa Cup run in the second season. Then at the end of the second season SAF retired. I applied for the job. Somehow, I got the job! So now I'm in charge of my beloved United, and will hopefully take them back to being the superpower in English football. They've finished second in both seasons so far, having been pipped by Man City then Spurs.

Before I signed the contract Gill informed me that the club expect me to play attacking football and develop players through United's youth academy, which is good because it fits in with my managerial philosophies.

Currently, we boast a terrific front line - RVP, Rooney, Kagawa (who I'm looking to build my team around) and Neymar! We have Nani, Young and Valencia on the right wing, although hopefully Nani and Young will be sold. The midfield is solid, with the likes of Khedeira, Fletcher, Carrick, Huddlestone, Garmash and Willian - but none of them are especially brilliant, so I'll be revamping that. In defence we still have Vidic, Smalling, Evans and Jones, and they signed NKoulou; I'm thinking of selling Vidic as he's the wrong side of 30 and we're sorted in defence without him. We have Baines, Fabio and Buttner for LB; no first-choice RB, though, as they sold Rafael for £20million to PSG last season. In GK, surprisingly, De Gea and Lindegaard are still there. Lindegaard is about to be sold to Notts Forrest, so I'll promote Amos to number 2 and continue with De Gea as my number one.

INS: Hopefully a CM, possibly Moutinho; a RB, someone like Clyne as he was brilliant for me at Villa; possibly a RW, but I don't know who yet.

Btw, how has De Gea been for you guys?

Usually ive found Zouma to consistantly be my best CB, followed by Varane, well worth buying...

Generally, i find ter Stegen alot more reliable than de Gea

Quick question, everytime i go united i start off using a wqide tactic, but always find myself using a narrow tactic within a few years (usually a 4312 - midfield diamond, but with DMC pushed upto CM position)

Is anyone else using narrow formations, and how are you doing? mines very inconsistant, and im wondering if anyone can offer some tips?

due to inconsistencies with tactics especially away from home i decided to create a "score more than you tactic" which you can see below. along with tactic report to enable to see how many/conceded goals using this specific tactic(its the 2224 tactic). as you can see i do concede plenty but i out score the opposition 90% of the time. i use mainly at home but i do use it away too. at home i can be 4/5-0 up with only 20 mins played!!! very exciting football but not as effective away from home. just beat swansea 6-1 at home in the cup but played WBA at there ground and won 6-5. i think i was 4-0 at half time. im only experimenting with tactics untill the final patch is released then will play it properly.

SDrClwl.jpgPB4raom.jpg

if i can somehow make the tactic more stable i would defo consider using it in my serious save!! until then its just a bit of fun :)

EA1102579FBBF7D9219CBD59839057CD6BB1953E

a thriller and a defeat away from home left this poised. hit the post twice in the first leg as well.

completly smashed them in the second, ref blew just as Hernandez was about to bury a shot as well :(

86BCA73A51248F514F4C170C262B32F8DA6108D5

I found out what the problem was away from home by accident. turns out creating from the defence was the problem. got the players to clear ball to flanks and this happens, reserves played these final games too.

final table. lost out on Manager of the year to Moyes (Aston Villa >.>) and the Newcastle boss :(

F1628767E3A73F12339D59C69F9E6511211936BF

038037B5FAF7500C876CCC3A29EE23C1861DA2D5

tony V arverage rating for Premier league

also last few games of the season were a bit drab.

beat City on pens in the ECC final

Records:

Highest League Attendance -

Highest Average Attendance -

Most games won in a row -

Most games without conceding a goal -

Biggest Defeat -

BB8sovK.jpg

Most League Goals for Club -

Highest average rating over 1 season (30 games+ needed) -

5YDm4Wu.jpg

I raise that,

- Highest Average Attendance, Most Games Won in Row and Biggest defeat (I shouldn't be proud of this one :lol:)

vlLPihd.png

- Highest Average Rating over 1 season (30 games+ needed)

kLrJCtN.png

And add,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

- Top Goalscorer, Top League Goalscorer, Most Team Goals, Most Team Points

cnYsEy4.png

Archived