FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know how to find past fixtures to see a head to head table? Can't seem to find it and can only see it when i'm about to play the match.

Fixture list > click team you play > bottom corner it should say past meetings (bear in mind I'm using the Steklo skin, and not the default one).

Yeah, I don't doubt the quality of my defenders, but more the tactics/formations. Conceding an average of 1 goal per game is way too much. How many are you conceding?

Have to admit though, I am finding it hard to keep clean sheets, I've kept 9 clean sheets in all comps and am at the end of Jan. Always seem to concede silly goals

Sorry, Didn't know that was possible
Utilize the players you have
I Started a new career with Man Utd, but I'm struggling a lot with them!!!! Do you guys have any tips on tactics or formations??? Thanks in advance!!!!

Perhaps this game is a bit to complex for you then.

---

Back on topic, Record team goals - 151

RsEDh.png

After a slow start to my second season as Man United, finally picked up the pace. Still in all the cups and destroying everyone I play at the moment, a 0-3 win away to Chelsea and 1-2 win away to Arsenal aswell as a 5-1 Home win against West Ham and a 6-1 against Everton.

Playing a 442 with De Gea, Walker, Vidic, Jones, Buttner, Valencia, Fletcher, Fellani, Nani, Neymar and Higuain up front with notable subs such as Welbeck, Cleverly, Kagawa, Evans, RVP, Ferdinand, Hummels and Evra. When i'm away from home I drop the 2 midfielders back into DM positions and have one or both of them man marking.

Got Thaigo from Barca coming end of the season for 16 million. Most notably i've sold a good few first teamers including Rooney (54m + Addons), Rafeal (27 million), Fabio (10m), Anderson (Part exchange for Fellani) and Young (14m), Carrick (7.5m) and Smalling (16m)

With them funds i've bought Fellani (10m + Anderson), Walker (22m), Butland (4m), Hummels (14.5m), Higuain (45m), Thiago (16m) and Neymar (25m)

Sold Rooney as I barely got to play him during the first season due to him constantly getting injured. I love him but I cant have him there if thats whats going on. I still managed to win the League very comftably and won the Champions league aswell and i'm definitly not missing him after Higuain and Neymar were brought in

Notable world transfers in my game would be Cisse going from Newcastle to Barca for 44m and Arsenal getting Lorente.

Welbeck is an absolute machine whenever I play him up front. Scores for fun, such a great super sub. Jones and Vidic are immense partnership at the back for me and Buttner has been a revelation for me on the left wing when nani is injured or needs a rest, swings in the most amazing balls and beats his man so easily.

im into my 2nd season..

i got a whole load of mc, and i feel that 1 or 2 mc should be sold off. can someone advise which mc should i sold ?

currently i have fletcher, carrick, anderson, powell, cleverley, javi martinez ( just bought) and a regen mc/dmc which i bought in the 1st season for free who still has lots of stats to be improved.

regen.png

giggs and scholes, im letting them to run out their contract..

in my january transfer window (third season) is signed wilshre for 25 milj (euro) from Arsenal .

I'm on a 23 without losing in EPL streak . and 10 wins on a row.. i'm on my way to win my third EPL tittle in a row.

I have :

GK: De Gea / Lindegard / Ben Amos (signed Ter Stegen for free and he will replace Lindegard)

DL: Evra / Fabio

DC: Vidic , Hummels, Evans, Smalling, Doran(Regen youth intake)

DR: Rafael / Santon

ML: Bale / Kagawa

MCL: Jones/ Fletcher / Powell

MCR: Wilshere / Cleverley / Cabaye

MR: Valencia / Nani

AMC: Fellaini / Rooney / will Hughes

SC: V Persie / Hernandez / Wellbeck

V Persie is finally on fire ! scoring 14 in 14 and 16 assists !

Right guys, just started my United save. Wanting to give us a bit of bite in midfield, other than that i'm happy with the squad. What's everyone's experience with M'Vila? I'm thinking him or Fellaini?
Fellani has been an absolute rock for me, played him as a Ball Winning Midfielder season 1 and now hes a Box to Box Midfielder for me in season 2 with Fletcher taking up Ball Winning role.

Brilliant, went for Fellaini for £20m up front, scored on his debut! Just wondering though what tactics I should be going for because so far in pre-season we're looking fairly poor, winning against poor opposition but they're having a lot of shots on our goal and we're not looking convincing!

turn down creative freedo to lowest, play it short, getting good results with a generic 4-4-2 left and right set to Wingers 1 DLF and 1 Poacher

passing short

don't listen to assman whines about striker service, he complains about strikers being outnumbered if you play 4-4-1-1 as well :D

yea i know, seems strange to do such a thing, but was getting bored of left backs and wingers dribbling and shooting from central at long range, now it turns into a passing game and your wingers cross more, and trust me, players are better with the ball, you get Rafael going forward, but not dribbling here there and everywhere, just down the line.

especially if you got good passers and players who can get on the end of your chances,the good creative players will still create, just cuts down on the junk people are complaining about.

it won't fix it completly but it makes Nani at least useable ;)

FE9FD46557A52800DE4461FEDDF8AE6DE37ABE22

FD2CA5DDA9F276B66982CC5E0C12C2BCE7D99C08

couple of nice results

evans wants a new challenge. should i sell or "persuade" him to stay.

current dc is still vidic, smalling, jones have developed well. ferdiand is retiring at the end of the season.

im into my 3rd season.

lFF4c.png

is this dude good enough for united ? somehow i feel he is more suited for CB than RB.. if not i have to get 1 more CB.

So won the league with 2 games to spare. Also won the English FA Cup, Capitial One Cup, English Community Shield and the Club World Championship, have a final coming up against Barca in the Champions League. Lost the Euro Super Cup to Tottenham on Penaltys after a 1-1 draw.

voW9o.jpg

REunI.jpg

RCbk7.jpg

Havnt conceded in 11 straight games now, very happy about that especially as its my own tactic i've been using all season which i've tweaked for various games and in that space of time i've played Man City twice, Arsenal once and Liverpool and Juventus. Hopefully that holds up against the mighty Barcelona for the final in a few weeks where Messi and Co have been scoring for fun. Going to try and offload Hernandez at the end of the season as hes just not getting a look in recently with Welbeck, Neymar and RVP scoring for fun recently and I want to start giving game time to a regen striker. I also have Higuain on the sidelines who doesnt dissapoint when he starts for me.

So won the league with 2 games to spare. Also won the English FA Cup, Capitial One Cup, English Community Shield and the Club World Championship, have a final coming up against Barca in the Champions League. Lost the Euro Super Cup to Tottenham on Penaltys after a 1-1 draw.

voW9o.jpg

REunI.jpg

RCbk7.jpg

Havnt conceded in 11 straight games now, very happy about that especially as its my own tactic i've been using all season which i've tweaked for various games. Hopefully that holds up against the mighty Barcelona for the final in a few weeks where Messi and Co have been scoring for fun. Going to try and offload Hernandez at the end of the season as hes just not getting a look in recently with Welbeck, Neymar and RVP scoring for fun recently and I want to start giving game time to a regen striker. I also have Higuain on the sidelines who doesnt dissapoint when he starts for me.

Looking back there I can't see how you say RVP has been scoring for fun? His goal rate for you is horrendous, like one goal every 15 games :lol:

Looking back there I can't see how you say RVP has been scoring for fun? His goal rate for you is horrendous, like one goal every 15 games :lol:
Yeah youre right, hes only played 13 games for me this season due to a awful lot of injurys, but hes scored in the games hes started which is probably why I said that. 13 Games, 9 Goals, 9 Assists not including sub apperances (which are usually limited to an inside forward role on right/left wing). If he could stay injury free and fit for a season I have no doubt i'd have him as my top scorer, shame hes getting on abit now.

Verby, would you mind posting some info on your tactics? Pretty impressive results youv'e got there!

Good luck with Barca!

When I get online later i'll take a few screenshots for you. My run of clean sheets come to an end against City anyway as it was 3-3 but I did rest Jones and Vidic, saving them for Barca. I went to bed after the City game.

To the guy asking bout Henriquez, hes on loan at Atlanta for me in the italian league and although hes not been scoring that many, hes scored some very important and clutch goals for them going off my match reports.

how are you playing him please mate? Really struggling to get the best out of him!

I play him as a DLF attack next to either another DLF attack (Rooney) or a poacher. But i also play him as a Treq sometimes behind two strikers, depending on the fitness of other players and giving other players game time. I also let him take my freekicks, since the update i've noticed a lot more freekicks are being scored.

Wow he looks great on your save kulprit. Need to keep developing him on mine. 4 and half star potential so hopefully will turn out great.

Game time, poacher training heavy, and tutoring.

About to play a Champs League Final against Barca and my squad is down to its bare bones with injuries, Valencia, Nani, RVP, Fellani, Giggs and Vidic all out with Injuries and just got a news feed that Messi just scored 4 goals against Celta in there last Game :(

Absolutly gutted, went 1-0 down against Barca in the Final due to Cisse (From Newcastle), pulled one back in the 39th minute. Stayed that way until full time, managed to grab a second goal in first half of extra time, put it on balanced and control for the last 10 minutes and even with me setting Fletcher (Barely made fitness to play the game) and Cleverly to track back and man mark Messi (They were 10 man at this point with Iniesta getting injured and them having no more subs) Messi still manages to skin the both of them and then evade a tackle from Evans to slot the ball perfectly into the corner on 120 minutes to bring the game to penaltys, where I missed my first 2 penaltys through Hernandez and Welbeck. Such a shame, new contracts now though for Welbeck and De Gea, absolute soldiers. I have no doubt in my mind that if I had Fellani, Vidic and Valencia I might have pulled off a victory.

Last 3 Fixtures of the season. Gave 4 starts to 16 year olds against Newcastle so very happy with that Result.

Y4j2J.jpg

My tactic for home games is a flat 442, playing a balanced attacking strategy, short passing counter attacking setup. I kind of like to invite the team onto me then soon as we get the ball it gets pushed out straight away to valencia or Nani on the wings and its forward from there.

My tactic for away games is a 42211, flat 4 defenders with 2 anchor men sitting in front of them (Who will man mark anyone I think is going to cause serious problems), 2 wingers in the midfield area with a inside forward support in the AMC position then a Poacher/Advanced Forward/Deep flying forward depending on what sort of lone man im going for, Neymar will allways play as the inside forward and i'll usually play RVP up front on his own as his corners and freekicks are invaluable in away games, if hes not available i'll have Higuain or Welbeck up there as a Poacher/Advanced Forward with them set as a target man with supply set as run onto ball.

Season finished now, time to get rid of a few of the older players and bring in a few signings, not too many though.

ok second season over.

Rooneys late surge at the end of the season

7D8FB0E76D399C3F10F92D7EE690B3B74F29D09D

thank god i won the title early, Chelsea away, Stoke and Burnley (who keep beating everyone at home) away, were not nice endings.

and dont think i have ever seen this before

682E02F927BE29112FEEDAEB4044B3E0EA739A9A

I played Leverkusen in the super cup, as you can see

A08CCA1DE0AD4E9E9300349021354A4917FEFC02

EC3619DAD8E2F3A1B612C2E5B7FE432543E098EC

631DAAA7265746F038804EDB76F58564B6BFC6ED

liverpool play like a slightly more attacking version of stoke. back 4 and 2 Defencive mids, you batter them and..... well don't get much

and the 3 games where the super ammount of goals engine was on.. were the 3 before the 6-1... lol

AC88F3045B3E7FAF7502DA72160BE13543810403

scorers

do not ask me how Rooney scored so much, he was DLF

600EDEB8B392BD4D7966E0AE13D7B886AF2B1290

10CEB26FCDC2D21D6E01896F4E4E0A088A862922

oh and I signed another Brazilian Unknown, although how i am going to play him is a little unclear

9577482018935A4A9B21CFAE1FE6D845D564E841

DOF handled the contract I put the bid in, unexpected that was, but worked out well it seems.

You can play Neymar pretty much anywhere and he'll be effective, Brazil play him left wing on my game. I play him as a DLF Support, he'll pick up the ball on the half way line and just skin the whole of the team and score a belter. If hes not doing that hes picking the ball up deep and playing delightful balls through to his strike partner. I got him in January in the middle of season 2 and he slot in fine and got a goal a game with a ton of assists.

Just signed Thiago from Barca for 16m to shore up my midfield for my third season aswell as a couple of promising regens. Managed to offload Hernandez for 40million to Bayern aswell which was pretty good for me as he would be surplus to requirments this season. Still got about 70 million to spend and thats not including the 40m incoming from Bayern if I notice I need anything else.

Archived