FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after some help guys. I have just started my career save on the full version. Transfer budget is £0m though. is this the same for everyone else as i seen people on here spend a lot of money.

also has anyone bought santon? if so how much. i would not mind looking at him to replace evra.

Fabio, good luck with ur save , what system are u going to play ? I'm strugling with mine.. because my old system that worked really good on fm11 and 12 isn't working anymore.. (4-3-3 with 3 central strikers)..

i'm out of the CL (shame . lost twice against Dortmund and away against shaktar..) and my home wins against Man City and Chelsea and away win against Liverpool isn't helping my league position, currently :

1. Man city 59 points (26 games)

2. Chelsea 55 points (27 games)

3. Arsenal 52 points (26 games)

4. Man Utd 49 points (25 games )

Ok, I've not been on here since FM11 really, but decided to come back with the release of FM13. Am still waiting for the thing to update before i start properly but I'm looking at this as a potential lineup

De Gea

Rafa (auto) Rio (cover) Vidic (stopper) Evra (auto)

Carrick (B2B) Scholes (DLP)

Valencia (winger) Rooney (treq) Kagawa (IF)

Van Persie (cf)

But am looking at a top quality box to box mid, anyone found any decent ideas? Was thinking Fellaini, Naingollan (who was a beast in FM12) or maybe Strootman.

Ok, I've not been on here since FM11 really, but decided to come back with the release of FM13. Am still waiting for the thing to update before i start properly but I'm looking at this as a potential lineup

De Gea

Van Persie (cf)

But am looking at a top quality box to box mid, anyone found any decent ideas? Was thinking Fellaini, Naingollan (who was a beast in FM12) or maybe Strootman.

The best box to box player on the game is Fellaini, u can get him for 10milj + anderson :)

after some help guys. I have just started my career save on the full version. Transfer budget is £0m though. is this the same for everyone else as i seen people on here spend a lot of money.

also has anyone bought santon? if so how much. i would not mind looking at him to replace evra.

You must have started the game without the first transfer window.

Fabio, good luck with ur save , what system are u going to play ? I'm strugling with mine.. because my old system that worked really good on fm11 and 12 isn't working anymore.. (4-3-3 with 3 central strikers)..

i'm out of the CL (shame . lost twice against Dortmund and away against shaktar..) and my home wins against Man City and Chelsea and away win against Liverpool isn't helping my league position, currently :

You should try a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 variation. Also I believe in the past 3 central strikers was an exploit which has been fixed apparently. But with your tactic you're using what positions, style and strategy are you using?

Hi Gareth, 30m is the starting tranfer budget, although it can go ugp to 36m if you st your seasoon target as winner istead of title contender. Also, a lot of people manage to increase their budget by selling off some players. Nani a d Hernandez are llllllllllsome of the most commo sales I've seen, and together will net you aroung 50m. I sold Nani in my beta save, but I lkdon't know if I'll do that in the full version.

De Gea

Van Persie (cf)

I have a similar formation. My preferred lineup is:

De Gea

Kyle Walker (support) Jones (defend)Vidic (stopper) Evkra / Aogo (support)

Fletcher (BWM) Cleverley (B2B)

Valencia (winger) Rooney (treq) Kagawa / Young (IF)

Van Persia (AF)

I also swith Kagawa and Valencia during he game, and swap Ro[[oney and RvP.

Fletcher and Carrick have done well for me as BWM, but Lars Bender is worht looking at.

I have to admit, though, I'm crap at this game. Take any advice here with a generous helping of salt :)

De Gea

Van Persie (cf)

I'd use Jones over Rio.

just checked and yes i was a silly t**t and unticked it by mistake. thanks

Aha, it seems to have caught quite a few people out this year.

You should try a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 variation. Also I believe in the past 3 central strikers was an exploit which has been fixed apparently. But with your tactic you're using what positions, style and strategy are you using?

i had good results with 4-2-3-1 (fluid - control ) - box to box, ball winning mid / ap -tr- ap and complete foward

but it stop working..

looking for something else

For the first time on FM I'm using 2 Tactics, a 4-2-2-2 for Home games and a 4-1-2-2-1 for Away games, working quite well so far in the 2nd season.

In the first season I finished 2nd to Man City (Finished on 96 points I got 90), Lost the Champions League Final to Galatasaray, a shock I know and Won the FA and Carling cup.

yea i noticed that, I was also using 4-2-3-1 fluid + control. it stopped working last night, passes went sloppy etc.

you would still be bonkers to sell Hernandez though.

swapping ando for Fellaini is the way to save some cash. 10m+ando? nope you can get him for almost a swap deal I offered 100k+ando and got Fellaini, you have to do this right at that start before city throw the cash.

Started my BETA save with Man Utd (mid way through my third season) and it's been going so well that I've decided to stick with it as my save for the Full Version. Currently had a lot of domestic success winning back to back League Titles, one FA Cup, League Cup and two Community Shield. Reached the semi-final of the Champions League twice just can't seem to make the Final!!

Anyone else had Glazer decided or at least look to sell up? At the start of my third season he sold the club to a Chilean Billionaire!! I was having a lot of success with a basic 4-4-2 but in the third season it just doesn't seem to be working so I'm trying to find a new formation. 4-2-3-1 is giving me limited success can beat my Title Rivals but really struggling against the smaller sides.

Started my BETA save with Man Utd (mid way through my third season) and it's been going so well that I've decided to stick with it as my save for the Full Version. Currently had a lot of domestic success winning back to back League Titles, one FA Cup, League Cup and two Community Shield. Reached the semi-final of the Champions League twice just can't seem to make the Final!!

Anyone else had Glazer decided or at least look to sell up? At the start of my third season he sold the club to a Chilean Billionaire!! I was having a lot of success with a basic 4-4-2 but in the third season it just doesn't seem to be working so I'm trying to find a new formation. 4-2-3-1 is giving me limited success can beat my Title Rivals but really struggling against the smaller sides.

David Gill bought the club in mine.

Thank you. :) Good luck to you too with your save game. :thup: I have three tactics. Standard 4-4-2 with AMR and AML, attacking 4-4-2 with AMR and AML and defensive 4-4-2.

Played a little over 1 season so far myself. Pulling what little is left of my hair out at times. Hammering Real Madrid 5-0 at home in the quarter final of the CL, going 6 games without conceding, let alone giving the opposition a single clear cut chance, only to lose 3 games in a row to Aston Villa, Everton and West Ham with 5 goals conceded from corner kicks. Then hammering Arsenal 4-1 at home after that. Infuriating.

Rooney has been sent off 3 times so far with 2 yellow cards. Every time the 2nd one has been for diving. :o After the 2nd time I fined him 2 weeks wages and he responded by requesting a transfer, so I listed him, and showed him down in the reserves for a couple of months until he calmed down.

Never had a chance of beating Man City in the league, they ended at 93 points. Still not managed to beat them in 4 matches either (including the FA Cup final). But we won the Champions League easy, beating Celtic and Shaktar (who knows how they managed to get that far) after knocking Real out in the quarters.

2nd season and Man City are still unbeaten with the exception of a very unlucky 1-0 loss against us. We're already 8 points behind them though after 14 games played. I didn't spend any money the first season and only brought in Criscito for the 2nd. Will likely just put this save on hold now, maybe start it over some time later once I figure out how to actually play this new version.

unusual scorers, but complete dominance of midfield, 2 goals from outside the box from Fletcher and a couple of corners.

4-2-3-1 control, fluid working very well, with interchanging passes right up to thier box. and Rafael dubbling up as a winger as he had little to defend, he made A LOT of crosses.

E7DC06FC1F812B93CD599948D7172A7C6EBB0412

also beat Huddersfield with a similar display but only 1-0 and Olsson sent off for 2 yellows (2nd one other player dived according to commantry), which is a chame was looking froward to seeing if he could be a Rafael on the left side.

ZLuN6.png

almost half way through the season. a few losses and draws. but no goal galore.. the highest win is 4-0.

why all the attached image is so small. is there a limitation ?

formation

4-3-2-1

LB

RB

CB

CB

DMC

LMC

RMC

RIF

LIF

ST

I've Just seen Fabios screenshot of the database size. I thought large was the largest you could go! Didn't realise custom could expand it more.

My question is; is large database sufficient? There are 22,000 players in my db, is that enough?

I don't want to have to go through pre-season again, however i don't want a long term save with a load of players missing!

I've Just seen Fabios screenshot of the database size. I thought large was the largest you could go! Didn't realise custom could expand it more.

My question is; is large database sufficient? There are 22,000 players in my db, is that enough?

I don't want to have to go through pre-season again, however i don't want a long term save with a load of players missing!

i normally load 100,000+

Thank you. :) Good luck to you too with your save game. :thup: I have three tactics. Standard 4-4-2 with AMR and AML, attacking 4-4-2 with AMR and AML and defensive 4-4-2.

Can i see SS from the formations ? U change the system depending the way the opposition is playing ? I never use more then one system but i use a lot of different shouts(and strategy's).

I choose Large DB and then load all players of English, Brazilian, Portuguese and Dutch nationality as I find the best players to come from those countries. That plus only English Premier League Loaded goves me about 50000 players which is more then enough in my opinion.

I will play with only one club, so I don't need other leagues loaded. That way my save game is faster and I put all details on maximum, so that results in un-loaded competitions aren't based on reputation, but on thing that matter.

Can i see SS from the formations ? U change the system depending the way the opposition is playing ? I never use more then one system but i use a lot of different shouts(and strategy's).

I always start with the Standard one and then change to the Attacking one or to the Defending one if needed. I also have two sets of touchline shouts (Attacking set and Defending set) that I combine with my three tactics. I don't use OI.

VYKcC.jpg

0El0F.jpg

BlYJl.jpg

x1qwc.png

bIjY3.png

So, come September here are my transfers and this is how the pre-season went. In the first two competitive matches I was still experimenting with my tactics just like in pre-season matches and now that I have finalized them it is time for the real deal. :brock:

isY30.png

After couple of candidates for back-up for Rafael I went in on for Clyne in the end.

45ArT.png

I've been drawn home against Bolton in Capital One Cup. Juventus, Zenit and Red Bull Salzburg in the CL. Not the easiest one I'd say.

If anyone wants to see any SS from the so far matches just let me know. :thup:

Started new save but will be using same tactics. On d save was top of league into cl final, won league cup. Lost fa cup tho.

Anyway been playing fm since 97.

My tactics generall get tweaked every game but a few things never change:

Formation

Rb cb cb lb

Dm

Cm cm

Rw. Lw

Cf

All man mark, except fb's and front 3 on zonal, this is tweaked according to opposition formation. Example if they play 442 then my dm is free and changed to zonal high.

Both cm's are holding ball roamers with no runs only through balls, passing down flanks only unless at home.

Generally the formation is superior to most other formations. I struggle against spurs coz they play the same formation tho. Ive not lost to city. I managed to park the bus and countr beat barca over 2 legs as well.

If its against weak teams ill change the dm to amc position

The January transfer window has just closed so I thought it would be a good opportunity to do an update. My only purchase was Lars Bender as I have dropped both MC's back to DMC and he was listed by request so got him for £17.5m. Currently top of the league after 25 games on 58 points, 2 ahead of City and 6 ahead of Chelsea. Got knocked out of the C.O.C by City in the 4th round but still in the FA cup and champions league where we will face Zenit in the last 16.

I choose Large DB and then load all players of English, Brazilian, Portuguese and Dutch nationality as I find the best players to come from those countries. That plus only English Premier League Loaded goves me about 50000 players which is more then enough in my opinion.

I will play with only one club, so I don't need other leagues loaded. That way my save game is faster and I put all details on maximum, so that results in un-loaded competitions aren't based on reputation, but on thing that matter.

I do something similar and have about 55000 players. I only load the english league from championship and above and then load all players from top division clubs in south america, central europe, eastern europe and scandinavia.

U are forgetting the Belgian players, most of them playing in the EPL now :) :)

If anyone wants to see any SS from the so far matches just let me know. :thup:

Yes i want to see, what is the role of the MCL in ur first two formations because the ss is unclear ?

I'm playing almost the same formation now with this starting line up :

-----------De Gea-----------

Rafael - Vidic - Jones - Evra

--------Fellaini - Isco

Valencia-------------Kagawa

--------RVP - Rooney-------

Yes i want to see, what is the role of the MCL in ur first two formations because the ss is unclear ?

I'm playing almost the same formation now with this starting line up :

-----------De Gea-----------

Rafael - Vidic - Jones - Evra

--------Fellaini - Isco

Valencia-------------Kagawa

--------RVP - Rooney-------

Drag the SS in the new tab and you will see it in full size or right click on SS and then click on View Image.

Archived