FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like im gonna get sacked soon the way im going

Tough start for me too, 2 draws and 2 defeats in the first four and they have all been 'winnable' games.

Started again, have got in the coaches I wanted now to fill all positions. Not going with a DOF.

Trying to decide whether to try and sign butland or ter Stegen now as understudy to pepe

ter Stegen wouldn't be happy as understudy, he is on a par with Reina and my scout reports on him suggest higher potential. I signed Mandanda ro replace Reina, have a soft spot for him, he was my keeper for about 10 seasons in FMLive.

Started again, have got in the coaches I wanted now to fill all positions. Not going with a DOF.

Trying to decide whether to try and sign butland or ter Stegen now as understudy to pepe

I signed Butland he will be pepes replacement in a few years from now in my save

Well I've taken the hit and bought the new football manager, everyone who was on the liverpool thread for the 2012 game knew how much I enjoyed it before it started to constantly crash. Lets see how I do on this one

First thoughts before anything else, I'm not too sure how I feel about the new training system, I'm more used to moving the sliders to the attributes I want worked on, just clicking on the position seems weird right now

How is everyone finding tactics and formations with the Reds squad this year? Can't seem to find a consistent tactic with my 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-2-1

My 4-3-3 got me 9 wins in my first 10 games, some of them were very narrow 1-0 wins. Though it's fallen apart in the last 3-4 games, I lost in Europe to a Norwegian team, and then got hammered 4-0 by Stoke.

Hi lads loading up now Borini is finally scoring just got a hattrick against Everton

Nice one, he is outperforming Jovetic currently for me.

Just had a look at the table and after 12 games sweeping all before them and leading the way are... Fulham :D To make matters worse their marquee signing was Downing.

I'm starting to struggle now, my initial good start has faded, and I've lost about 6 of my last 8, I just can't keep a lead.

Shifted from this

------------Reina-----------

Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique

-----------Lucas------------

-----Gerrard-----Sahin-------

-----------------------------

-Sam--Lewandowski--Suarez-

to this

------------Reina-----------

-----Skrtel-------Agger-----

Johnson-Lucas-Sahin-Enrique

----------------------------

-----------Gerrard----------

Sam----Lewandowski-Suarez

Need to play a few games to see if it's worth it. Hoping that while my wing backs are more attacking, the two players in the deep midfield role can do a job defensively, and Sahin can pick out passes from deep.

Getting quite annoyed with the extremely poor performances I'm getting from a lot of my team. If it stays this way till January, I'm selling:

Johnson, Enrique, Reina(god awful attitude), Suarez. And Doni

The Full backs have been terrible lately, they did nothing defensively and get no assists. Reina has been poor and seems to have a problem with me. Suarez has the worst attitude of all, and his performances are matching that .

So I'm looking for a pair of wing backs, a good young keeper, and a winger/forward. Thinking of ter Stegen in nets, Santon and Montoya as the wing backs, and Ayew/Jovetic as the wing forward

So my team+(backups) will look like this.

----------------------------ter Stegen(Jones)--------------------------------

Montoya(Flanagan)--Skrtel(Coates)-----Agger(Wilson)---------Santon(Robinson)

----------------------------Lucas(Henderson)---------------------------------

-----------------Gerrard(Shelvey)----Sahin(Allen)------------------------------

Sam(Assaidi)---------------------------------------------Ayew/Jovetic(Sterling)

----------------------------Lewandowski(Borini)--------------------------------

With Carragher, Suso, Pacheco, Yesil as other backups.

It won't be the strongest team in the league, but it has youth all over the pitch, and lots of talent, I think it'll be the way forward. Would need to look at replacing Gerrard as a first choice player in the summer, and Sahin will need replacing full stop, but that's next seasons problem. Unless allen steps up his game, and Suso becomes his backup.

Well I have just finished my first season with Liverpool, I did pretty damm good but that was more luck than judgement I think. I ended up finishing 3rd and winning the UEFA Cup whilst also making it to the final of the FA Cup.

2570B6D32576EFC123CCD973FA9EEF715507624E

As you can see, Man City won the league. They are just a beast of a side and I don't see how anyone can compete with them within the first few seasons.

F9FC48A77E70BEF04E1C894492BCBA8C4D0C1457

Here's my formation, which I got from the tactics forum. It works pretty well considering I have a pretty weak side, I did get smashed a few times now and again though.

EBCE46EAA0EA539360722003C89DCFC6F8EB7655

The last month was really touch and go with games happening all the time. I lowered the training to the bare minimum to help with the fitness levels. I also tended to play my 'best' team away from home and hope my reserves like Joe Allan/Shelvey etc could do a job at home. My two strikers, Suarez and Borini have been fantastic, they played SO many games and rarely needed a break.

In terms of transfers, I didn't really get anyone. With only three million to spend I thought I might as well give the youngsters a go. I brought in two wingers on loan for the season but they really didn't do much honestly. I have however made one signing for next season, the guy below is joining on a bosman. He's not amazing, but I figured he will help out and he's only going to be on around 22K a week. I still need to offload Carragher and Henderson though, and possibly Downing. Those three are on huge money and I REALLY need to start building a decent team. I am hoping my success this season will buy me sometime in the longterm.

E1B7F12D6431B90422B3964782383F4AE37EECD7

I've finally got started on my long term (I hope) Liverpool save and have decided to go down the path of youth. I have scouted the hell out of South and Central America and am going to move onto Barca's youth team next.

These are my transfers in and out so far.

Liverpool_TransfersHistory.png

My first team squad

Liverpool_SquadPlayers.png

My tactics

Liverpool_TacticsOverview.png

Future transfers

Liverpool_TransfersTransferCentre.png

and finally the table after 3 games (thought I'd best take a pic now as I don't expect it to stay that way for long!)

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages.png

Will write a bit more after walking the dogs, and marvel at the fact that Suarez has managed to score a few goals. In all my beta games I was really struggling to get him going.

Finally loaded my game up, if you don't follow the team all the time you're shocked at just how thin the attacking options are in the game. Also i was surprised by the lack of coaches in the game, I'm also not too sure what a DoF is meant to be doing.

Transfer out

Downing £20m - Fulham. Like everyone has done I've done this transfer over 48 months

Doni £2.2m Man city

Joe Cole £2m Swansea

I altered the wage budget to give myself £14m to spend but with the lack of money that the club has itself I won't be buying anyone just yet

Europa league

Liverpool 0:0 Servette

Liverpool 3:1 Servette Borini 23, 46, Agger 62; Uebersax 29

Liverpool 3:2 Luzern Pacheco 15, Coates 63, Sterling 86; Bernasconi 44, 57

Liverpool 2:0 Luzern Suarez 44, Shelvey 46

Premier league

Liverpool 2:1 Everton Assaidi 24, Agger 90; Coleman 70

Liverpool 0:0 Stoke

Hey guys, just bought FM13 so looking forward to starting a save and posting just like last time :) if I remember too that is lol.

Going to get rid of Downing and Henderson no matter what lol. Haven't read the thread fully yet or know the budgets but will be a nice surprise when I do see them...probably won't be that much left and should be interesting as most of the players I normally buy have changed clubs this summer!

Will be starting Sterling and Suso often as I know what they are both capable of. Not sure about Wisdom atm, depends on his stats.

Most likely going to go with my normal tactic in FM....4 1 1 3 1 with Suarez at the top of course, Sterling and Assaidi as the wingers and Gerrard being the AMC, Allen as the MC and Lucas as the DMC and will have to see whether I stick with Enrique, Agger, Skrtel and Johnson but may change that.

Started a new game with the full release.

Signed Thomas Riedl for some tutoring, let him go in February.

Defensively I brought in Maksim Bardachow from BATE for 1.4M, a versatile LB / LM who can also play RB. Solid stats.

Marc Muniesa joined from Barcelona, looking for him to be a future LB in tandem with Robinson when Enrique leaves. Had to sign him up as Johnson and Enrique seem terribly injury prone.

The midfield has seen significant investment with Oskar Hiljemark, Fede Vico, Wellington Nem and Alan Dzagoev arriving for a combined total of 8.8M. Hiljemark is cover for Allen / Lucas / Sahin whilst Vico I signed up due to 2-3 month injuries to Suso and Sterling. Dzagoev is of course a must-free-buy in January though took him all of January to get up to fitness. Nem is another must-buy at the price and very flexible having started games at ML, MR, AML, AMC, AMR and Striker so far in the two formations I use.

Up front I've made tow purchase, Leonard Kweuke and Ademilson for less than 10M total. Both producing solidly.

Downing I sold for 11.5 to Fulham (who else :D), Doni and Brad Jones after the only other sales I've made. Cole is out on loan, as is Pacheco and some youngsters.

When selling Downing to Fulham for £20m over 48 months how much does that increase the initial transfer budget up to?

Not that much. If you ask the board they will increase the percentage of transfer income added to your budget from 60% to 75%. So if you do that then it would increase your budget by 3.75m by my maths. If you sell him at 18m over 24 months like me it will increase by 6.75m.

I did load up the game and now the "official career" is started.

I did make some tweaks with editor to Wisdom, Sterling, Suso and Suarez. Nothing major though.

Also brought in a lot new staff and hopefully these guys can deliver.

The formation is 4-2-3-1. I'am dominating most games with around 65-70% possession but we are not converting enough of these chances.

I think I will increase the tempo a bit to see how that plays out.

Transfers:

In: Robert Lewandowski (Dortmund) and Alan Dzagoev (joining january)

Out: Stewart Downing (Fulham), Joe Cole (Norwich), Doni (Manchester City) and couple of other dead weights!

Premier Division:

H Reading 3-1 (Gerrard 2, Lewandowski)

A Manchester United 0-3

H Fulham 2-1 (Gerrard, Allen)

A WBA 1-1 (Sterling)

EURO Cup

A Servette 1-1 (Sterling)

H Servette 2-1 (Lewandowski, Allen)

H Helsingborg 1-0 (Sterling)

A Helsingborg 1-1 (Suso)

...off we go and not totally convinced that you even can produce stable enough tactics in FM2013.

Archived