FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going mental here lads. Been trying to get this game working since I got it yesterday morning. I can install it just fine, then I click on te icon and it looks like it's loading briefly but then nothing happens... So I click on the game again but it says it's already running, it bloody isn't!!!

Start of January, 4rd in the table on 41 points, 4 behind city+arsenal. Got leeds in the FA cup 4th round, and twente in the euro cup. Just been given another 33m so going bought witsel and de cegile as fullback positions are really low atm, kelly is out for the season and flanagan and robinson out on loan, and because i really like witsel.

Games have been going alright, tactics are based on portugals play, and dont have any world class wingers yet, vadillo and sterling are getting there, downing, assaidi and taarabt are just stop gaps for now, assaidi did really well first season though, feel like a traitor pushing him aside :p

Does anyone have any idea how to make players become favoured personel for other players? Im favoured on most my players but want say the front 3 to love each other. Had a game on 11 or 12 as milan where hulk, pato, ibra and ballotelli were all favoured by each other, they tored **** up even more then you would expect.

Start of January, 4rd in the table on 41 points, 4 behind city+arsenal. Got leeds in the FA cup 4th round, and twente in the euro cup. Just been given another 33m so going bought witsel and de cegile as fullback positions are really low atm, kelly is out for the season and flanagan and robinson out on loan, and because i really like witsel.

Games have been going alright, tactics are based on portugals play, and dont have any world class wingers yet, vadillo and sterling are getting there, downing, assaidi and taarabt are just stop gaps for now, assaidi did really well first season though, feel like a traitor pushing him aside :p

Does anyone have any idea how to make players become favoured personel for other players? Im favoured on most my players but want say the front 3 to love each other. Had a game on 11 or 12 as milan where hulk, pato, ibra and ballotelli were all favoured by each other, they tored **** up even more then you would expect.

I've noticed it usually winning a lot of games together, or setting up assists for each other. But it usually takes awhile for it to happen

December

Premier league

Liverpool 4:1 West Brom; Sterling 6, Suarez 23, Shelvey 65, Borini 75; Brunt 30

Liverpool 4:1 Norwich; Gerrard pen 34, Borini 51, 75, Adryan 88; Lucas og 79

Man Utd 2:0 Liverpool; Van Persie pen 75, Vidic 80

Liverpool 1:0 Fulham; Henderson 28, Gerrard missed pen 59

Liverpool 2:1 Spurs; Sterling 1, Sterling 63; Parker 85

Chelsea 6:1 Liverpool; Borini 13; Torres 36, 59, Hazrard 66, 86, Rmiers 73, Lampard 77

Liverpool 2:0 Everton; Gerrard 1, Suarez 82

Europa league group match

Hannover 4:1 Liverpool; Adryan 19; Huszti 30, Doiuf 53, 56, Stindl 76

Capital one cup quarter final

Liverpool 3:2 Spurs; Coates 1, Borini 69, Gerrard 85; Defoe 74, Lennon 82

Halfway point thoughts

Apart of the destruction at Chelsea the team hasn't had any real humiliations so far this season, they're usually 1:0, 2:0 or 2:1's so it was an anomaly. After 19 games Liverpool are currently sitting 4th in the league, are in the semi finals of the Capital one cup, and qualified top of the Europa group, now they'll face Rubin in the first knock out round and after that either Lille or Atletico if they get through. As far as the team goes, Assaidi, Carragher, Johnson and Kelly have all had long term injuries, with Assaidi and Kelly only just back in the team and Carragher and Johnson still out. It's lead to Suarez often being out in the AML role and Borini up front in my 4-2-3-1. As for how the team has done so far; Borini has got 14 goals, Gerrard 9, Suarez and Sterling are one 8, and Nem is on 3 in all competitions so are. Other players are between 2-0

Also how are people getting funds in January in their first season, when you're in debt?

I forgot, Doni was released after the Hannover match, as he conceded around 16 goals in 7 games. A horrible record since he played 6 Europa league matches and one league cup game

January

Liverpool 3:2 Wigan; Sterling 29, Gerrard 36, Skrtel 83; Cadwell pen 58, Boselli 69

Liverpool 2:1 QPR: Borini 24, Gerrard 40; Guidetti 45

Liverpool 1:0 Aston Villa; Nem 20

Liverpool 6:4 Sunderland; Gerrard 11, 18 pen 21, pen 26, Assaidi 72, 83; Sessogon 27, Bramble 40, Larrson 59, Fletcher 77

FA cup

Liverpool 1:1 Crystal Palace; Assaidi 77; Wilbraham 88

Liverpool 4:3 Crystal Palace; Gerrard 68, 93, 95, 113; Reina og 31, Murray 52, Zairi pen 114

Birmingham 2:1 Liverpool; Gerrard 71; Zigic 21, Elliott 42

Capital one Cup Semi Final

Liverpool 1:0 Cardiff; Sterling 61

Cardiff 3:2 Liverpool; Adryan 4, Borini 95; Mutch 85, Kiss 91, 120. Ended Cardiff 3:3 Liverpool, Cardiff go through on away goals

March

Premier league

Liverpool 1:0 Swansea; Henderson 87

Liverpool 2:0 Man City; Suarez 5, Henderson 85

Liverpool 4:1 Reading; Borini 10, 58, 77, Enrique 92

Liverpool 1:1 West Ham; Yesil 81, Cole 20

Europa league second knock out round

Lille 3:2 Liverpool; Roux og 48, Borini 90; Roux 32, Kalou pen 63, Balmount 66

Liverpool 2:0 Lille; Suarez 22, Skrtel 40. Liverpool win 4:3 on aggregate

Would this be a good way to set up with Liverpool? 433 Balanced/Control

GK : Reina

FBL-S : Enrique

FBR-A- Johnson

CB : Agger

CB : Skrtel

DM-D - Lucas

DLP-S - Allen/Sahin

AP-A - Gerrard

WL-A - Sterling/Downing

IFR - S - Assaidi/Nene

DLF-S - Suarez/Borini

Enrique and Johnson as wingbacks, Lucas Anchor Man, Sterling/Downing as an inside forward as well as Assaidi/Nene and your striker as an Advanced forward. Little changes like that will get more from the team for you. Borini doesn't have the creativity for a DLF at the start of the game, so an Advanced forward role will let him play more as a poacher while still assisting others

April

Premier league

Liverpool 3:1 Norwich; Assaidi 57, Coates 62, Gerrard 86; Bassong 23

Liverpool 4:1 Southampton; Coates 27, Adryan 70, Borini 81, Sterling 85; Lambert 10

Newcastle 2:0 Liverpool; Cabaye pen 9, Cisse 12

West Brom 2:1 Liverpool; Suarez 64; Long 16, Brunt 73

Liverpool 2:1 Stoke; Borini 56, 92; Crouch 44

Europa league quarter finals, and semi final 1st leg

Liverpool 3:0 OM; Mananda og 12, Suarez 26, Gerrard 29

OM 2:1 Liverpool; Wilson 43; Gignac 7, Mendes 37. Liverpool win 4:2 on aggregate

Liverpool 4:0 Napoli; Suso 9, Borini 28, Sterling 32, Yesil 77, (Sahin picked up a three month injury so I cancelled his loan deal)

Funny thing happened at the end of season 2/start of third: Spurs enquired about Hendo (who had played mostly cup games and preformed average at best), I demand 35M Euros, and they put it on the table within a day. Cash.

Like a sir.

2012-2013 season review

Premier league 4th as expected

Europa league Winners

FA cup 4th round

Capital one Cup Semi finals

Overall thoughts

A decent enough first season since my restart, although I was admittedly taken back by how hard it was to start with Liverpool after going to 7 years and dominating. Injuries were frustrating in this game, it seemed that I always had 4 players out for at least 4-6 weeks throughout the season, Johnson being a prime example who missed sixmonths this season through injuries an will be sold due to it. Another annoying aspects for people who start a Liverpool save, Pepe Reina. Gone are the days in this game of him being a world class keeper, and at times it seems like he's programmed to single handily ready to throw the ball into his own net.

There are some good points though, Borini played better than he ever has done on one of my saves, scoring an impressive 28 goals in all competitions. Impressive and he's only 22, and last time I started as Liverpool his best season was 14 I think.

Goal scorers

Borini 28

Gerrard 22

Suarez 15, mostly from the left wing as Assadi was injury a lot :rolleyes:

Sterling 13

Assaidi 7

After which there's the usual list of players who scored 5 and under

Assists

Suarez 15

Sterling 14

Suso 10

Assaidi 10

Nem 9

I didn't want to play Sterling as much as I did, but Nem picked up an injury which put him out for the season, I think in January which meant he was over played

i got 29m for him from arsenal and brought in begovic from stoke as a replacement. what prices did others get for him and who did they buy to replace?

Still in the the pre-season of my second season, sold him to PSG for £25m, bought Butland for £4m who will become first choice in the next season or two, and Benaglio from Wolfsburg for £7.5m for now whilst Butland develops

I tried to get butland but his agent wanted 74k per week after 10 club league games and he wouldn't leave it out so i told him to go do one.

Odd haha, I've got him on 18k a week and there wasn't any add ons like that. But if that happens wipe out the 'after so many games' clause and just throw in a huge minimum release clause for about 100m. It's how I keep players on low wages

2013-2014 season built up

After breaking into the top 4 last season the board offered me a contract until 2017 as I only had a couple of months left on my current one, again it was happily signed with the idea of playing attacking football and using youth players too. Only getting the 4th place on the last game of the season, I felt that it was a realistic target once again and was offered £45m by the board as well as whatever I raised through selling players myself.

Pre-season

I never take pre-season to mean anything other than getting players fit, on my previous save I think I lost the majority of them one summer and then went on to win the league.

Liverpool 4:0 Leeds

Liverpool 3:1 Freiburg

Hertha 4:3 Liverpool

Liverpool 2:1 Stuttgart

Transfers

Out

Johnson £18m - Spurs: I said in my first season review that the guy was injured for about six months of last season and was unfit the the remainder. Never actually rated him as a world class player, and 80k a week for someone who is injury prone meant he had to go.

Reina £25m - PSG: Doesn't need to be explained, a complete liability on goal and most people who play as Liverpool get rid before his value plummets

Carroll £10m - Stoke: When you consider Downing went last Summer, my early transfers are players I just don't rate. On insane wages for what is realistically a bottom of the table/Championship level striker. Even when I got to my 2018-2019 season he'd never scored more than 10 goals a season and for 70-80k a week he's a drain on your resources this early in the game.

Carragher free: Coates and Wilson were my defenders behind Agger and Skrtel so he hardly played. Liverpool legend without question, 5th choice center back on 80k a week? No chance.

Yesil season long loan - Fenerbahce: He needed to gain experience because right now he's not good enough to be my number two striker, even though I know how good he can become later on.

Total: £54m

In

Butland £4m - Will likely become my number 1 goal keeper in the next season or two, 20 year old goal keeper, full or potential and English for the quota

Rodrigo £16m - Bought from Benfica, 22 year old Spanish poacher/advanced forward. I wanted to buy Falcao but this time around Atletico were asking for £35m opposed to the £24m on my previous save

Poli £12.25m - Sahin was sent back to Madrid in April due to a long term injury, so I needed another midfielder who could play as a deep lying play maker with Allen and Shelvey.

Walcott £12.25m - First time I've ever bought him haha. Arsenal offered him to the £12.25m and I needed help out on the wings. Luckily he was put up for sale early so he's still a 4/4.5 star player

Llortene Free - An amazing striker on a free is something I wasn't going to say no to, I jumped on the 1st of January last season and offered him a contract before the other clubs could. He'll also become a great tutor for Yesil

Amrani £2.2m - A french defensive mid regen. Doesn't look too great now but he's only 15 and has 5 star potential. My Head of Youth development picked him up. Lucas is currently tutoring him

Brouwer £4.4m - A dutch right wing regen from Ajax. Looks like he might be something decent in a few years since he's only 16 now

Benaglio £7.5m - I bought Wolfsburg's Keeper while I'm waiting for Butland to develop for the number 1 spot. Looks a decent enough keeper to have as a stand by and is only 29 too, so if Butland takes longer than I think he'll be good enough to keep.

Total £59m.

An important note is that none of my buys pick up over 80k a week, Llorente is the highest earner out of the new comers on 74k a week, Walcott and Benaglio pick up £50k a week now and Rodrigo is on £30k a week. Massive release clauses helped with it.

Strength in depth

Keepers - Benaglio, Butland, Gulacsi

Fullbacks - Kelly, McLaughlin, Enrique, Robinson, Flannagan, Agger

Center backs - Agger, Skrtel, Coates, Wilson, Kelly

Defensive mind/Anchor man - Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Amrani

Center mid/Deep lying playmaker Allen, Poli, Henderson, Gerrard, Shelvey, Suso, Nem, Adryan

Wingers/Inside forwards - Nem, Walcott, Sterling, Assaidi, Suarez, Suso, Pacheco, Borini, Rodrigo

Attacking mid - Gerrard, Suarez, Nem, Suso, Adryan, Pacheco, Shelvey

Strikers - Llorente, Borini, Suarez, Rodrigo, Yesil, Pacheco

August

Premier league

Liverpool 3:1 Sheffield Utd; Poli 47, Suarez 71, 91; Soderlund 45

Liverpool 0:0 Chelsea

Champions league qualifer

Stuttgart 4:2 Liverpool; Wilson 11, Assiadi 70; Cacau 13, 32, Maza 50, 76 :eek::o

Stuttgart 5:2 Liverpool; Coates 8, Wilson 67; Harnik 37, 44, Cacau 56, 77, Kuzmanovic 88 :(:o:mad::eek:

Knocked out of the champions league in the qualifers.......rather ****ing embarrassed over two matches

Super cup

Liverpool 3:1 Bayern; Assaidi 2, Gerrard pen 7, Suarez 89; Robben 45

lol took me 3 weeks to get into it now ive been on this save over a month hope i dont have the same problem when i start again hahaha

Stuttgart 4:2 Liverpool; Wilson 11, Assiadi 70; Cacau 13, 32, Maza 50, 76

Stuttgart 5:2 Liverpool; Coates 8, Wilson 67; Harnik 37, 44, Cacau 56, 77, Kuzmanovic 88

That was in the CL qualifier rounds of my second season aha, looks like I'm tweaking my formation

September

After being humbled in the CL qualifier matches I decided my formation needed some work doing to it. My midfield two are now both sitting in the DM positions and mostly turn over possesion, no longer does one of them break forward to join in, my attacking mid has become a trequartista, and my inside forwards are wingers who cut in. So far it seems to have worked, especially the first game with it

Premier league

Liverpool 4:2 Man City; Gerrard 22, Suarez 46. 72, 81; Aguero 16, 33, Tevez missed pen 51

Liverpool 3:1 West Brom; Agger 7, Skrtel 23, Nem 92; Long pen 31

Europa league group match

Liverpool 2:1 Club Brugge; Assaidi 25, Rodrigo 71; Bjorn 15

Capital one cup

Liverpool 2:2 QPR; Sterling 53, Borini 61; Cisses 29, 63. QPR won 4:2 on penalties. Liverpool scorers; Nem, Enrique,. Liverpool missed; Borini, Coates. QPR scorers; Cisse, Park, Boswinga, Whelan. QPR missed; O'Shea

I'm not too worried about not keeping a clean sheet just yet. Butland played all of these matches with my senior keeper out injured from the end of August, and the team aren't that great with the formation as I've swapped it too a rigid one too as opposed to fluid

I've had to have an absolute clear out to get in who I need for this squad. Season could really go either way. Had to sell Reina, Johnson, Agger, Cole, Downing, Pacheco and a host of young lads to get some money togther. The board are tight too, only giving me about 70% of what I earn!!!

I've had to have an absolute clear out to get in who I need for this squad. Season could really go either way. Had to sell Reina, Johnson, Agger, Cole, Downing, Pacheco and a host of young lads to get some money togther. The board are tight too, only giving me about 70% of what I earn!!!

When you have a massive balance you'll probably get 100% of it, 70% is nowhere near being tight

How good is he at that age?

@DKB well it depends what you mean by world class, not all of his stats are going to be in the realms of some like Gerrard, but you can get them high enough so he's a 4.5 star player at the age of 22

Could someone who are 5 years or so into the game and have developed Sterling's attributes (mostly mental) post a screenie of him?

Could someone who are 5 years or so into the game and have developed Sterling's attributes (mostly mental) post a screenie of him?

On my previous save this was what he was like at 21

raheemsterlingoverviewp.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

He mostly had problems with some technical stats as I left him on winger training for the most part, but here he was a 4.5 star player with 5 star potential. On my new save I've got him on inside forward training.

Even though his technical stats aren't amazing, the following season he scored 15 and set up 18 in a 4-4-2. His speed and flair are amazing which help him out a lot

Archived