FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posting in here for the 1st time, just starting my 2nd season with Liverpool and would like some advice.

The 1st season went well, finishing 3rd and winning the FA Cup.

5824fe7a2a42e00b34885ed6b0bdb40e.png?1354746935

These are the transfers from my 1st season.

3dde9f76099fb1508ca9300ded113228.png?1354747031

As you can see they're all quite young signings, Lossl was because I sold Doni and Jones so he came in to cover for Reina. Callejon was sent back to Madrid in January as he was awful, Ademilson didn't score a goal for me from January till the end of the season in about 10 games but I'm sure he'll come good. Redmond became my 1st choice RW and the combination of him and Sterling on the wings was devastating at times with Sterling getting 11 goals and 9 assists and Redmond getting 4 goals and 8 assists(in the league alone). Adam Campbell only made a couple of substitute appearances and I'm not expecting him to make an impact for a couple of years yet.

Going into my 2nd season I wanted a massive clear-out seeing as Liverpool have so many average players on really high wages, as you can see from the screenshot below though I haven't managed to sell them all.

676880a065d63b0c863c1b164d818b81.png?1354747343

I wanted to get rid of Carroll, Downing, Spearing, Pacheco and a few others too but nobody has come in for them yet. As you can see from that I have got rid of the majority of the reserves(pulled out of the reserve league also) as they're never going to make it here and were just taking up wages. I signed Isco as all last season I played a 433/451/41221(whatever you wanna call it) but I lost Sahin and decided I needed to start scoring more so I have changed it up this season to a 4231 and I'm going to play Isco in the AMC role. The other signing was made by the head of youth development, he's a 5* potential AMR so it's all good. :)

Finally here is my team for the next season.

db459a2542383b956076023690fdc49f.png?1354747585

So the advice I would like is, I can get Chamberlain for £16.5M which I thought was a massive bargain but should I? Only thing putting me off is he wants 70K-80K in wages. I'm after a young CB who will be happy to cover for 1 or 2 years till I'm ready to let go of Agger/Skrtel and then they can partner Coates, so any names for that spot would be welcome. Also what else do you guys think I should strengthen, I have £26M and £330,000 in wages left but that will obviously be much higher if I sell Downing, Carroll and Spearing.

Mate I wouldn't of gotten rid of the reserves, after season 1 you should be searching for regens to bring in to develope, I allow all my U18's to p,ay for the reserves as well to get them extra games.

I'm bringing some regens in(or trying to) but I didn't see the point in the reserves as none of them players would ever be good enough for my 1st team and they were taking up wages(Probably close to £50,000 between them) and I thought having the U18's play 2 times a week would be too much for them and it'd cause injuries and stuff which would stop their development?

Posting in here for the 1st time, just starting my 2nd season with Liverpool and would like some advice.

The 1st season went well, finishing 3rd and winning the FA Cup.

5824fe7a2a42e00b34885ed6b0bdb40e.png?1354746935

These are the transfers from my 1st season.

3dde9f76099fb1508ca9300ded113228.png?1354747031

As you can see they're all quite young signings, Lossl was because I sold Doni and Jones so he came in to cover for Reina. Callejon was sent back to Madrid in January as he was awful, Ademilson didn't score a goal for me from January till the end of the season in about 10 games but I'm sure he'll come good. Redmond became my 1st choice RW and the combination of him and Sterling on the wings was devastating at times with Sterling getting 11 goals and 9 assists and Redmond getting 4 goals and 8 assists(in the league alone). Adam Campbell only made a couple of substitute appearances and I'm not expecting him to make an impact for a couple of years yet.

Going into my 2nd season I wanted a massive clear-out seeing as Liverpool have so many average players on really high wages, as you can see from the screenshot below though I haven't managed to sell them all.

676880a065d63b0c863c1b164d818b81.png?1354747343

I wanted to get rid of Carroll, Downing, Spearing, Pacheco and a few others too but nobody has come in for them yet. As you can see from that I have got rid of the majority of the reserves(pulled out of the reserve league also) as they're never going to make it here and were just taking up wages. I signed Isco as all last season I played a 433/451/41221(whatever you wanna call it) but I lost Sahin and decided I needed to start scoring more so I have changed it up this season to a 4231 and I'm going to play Isco in the AMC role. The other signing was made by the head of youth development, he's a 5* potential AMR so it's all good. :)

Finally here is my team for the next season.

db459a2542383b956076023690fdc49f.png?1354747585

So the advice I would like is, I can get Chamberlain for £16.5M which I thought was a massive bargain but should I? Only thing putting me off is he wants 70K-80K in wages. I'm after a young CB who will be happy to cover for 1 or 2 years till I'm ready to let go of Agger/Skrtel and then they can partner Coates, so any names for that spot would be welcome. Also what else do you guys think I should strengthen, I have £26M and £330,000 in wages left but that will obviously be much higher if I sell Downing, Carroll and Spearing.

I think you should seriously give Adam Campbell a run,I let him cover Ba and Adebayor in my Spurs save when they went off to AFCON in season 1 and he was brilliant 6 goals in 5 appearances.I have loaned him out for season 2 as I have Llorente,Falcao and Destro now but seriously give him some thought,specially with Redmond/Stirling on the wings,with Suarez in behind he will score boat load as an advanced striker/poacher. I gambled with him,I had to pay £7.5m at start of game cuz he refused my contract offer when he was youth contract,I went for him as on the Newcastle forum they go crazy over him and they are right.Start of season 2 his acc./pace/agility are 19 and his dribbling and finishing are already 14!

Just won 3rd league in 5 years..... Went amc crazy this year (5th season) and bought gotze for 60m in the summer and hazard for 40m in jan. did sell isco to man city for 45m when he only had a year on his contract to justify the 60m for gotze

Bought Gotze for £52m myself

Gee the spending here is Crazy Utd signed 3 players for 93mill & City signed Gozte for 60mill on my team i have 5 regens that have 5 stars or more im buliding a team for the future or try to sell some for a profit

September

Premier league

Liverpool 4:0 West Brom; El Shaarawy 22, Barrado 51, Hagele 57, Yesil 63. MotM: Yesil

Liverpool 2:1 Arsenal; Yesil 24, Rodriguez 93; Lewandowski 91. MotM: Sagna

Liverpool 2:3 Man Utd; Bruninho 6, El Shaarawy 11; Lloris og 35, Neymar 70, 85. MotM: Neymar. Long term injuries: El Shaarawy, Griezmann

Liverpool 4:0 Millwall; Sterling 7, Yesil 22, 48, Isco. Motm: Yesil. I played my 4-2-3-1 here out of no other option due to injuries, Sterling probably scored the best goal too.

Champions league group match

Liverpool 3:2 Red Star: Brunink 7, Halege 21, Fierro 53; Zakula 17, 81. MotM: Olivares. Long term injuries: Henderson, Fierro, Hagele

Capital one Cup

Liverpool 0:1 Sheffield Wednesday; Maguire 15

Season 2, 20-odd games in:

Had my second draw for the season 2-2 at Tottenham (I was 2 down at half-time thanks to Suso who is playing for Spurs on loan, set up both goals the *******), but the game before it I THRASHED Man U (they had 2 shots for the match and less than 40% possession). Won that one 3-0 to go 9 points clear at the top, still undefeated (some luck involved there). Experimenting with a new asymetric formation which is producing amazing football, but not the best results (see: first half at Tottenham). I think I'll persevere as I think once my players get better at it things will go well.

My squad has coped admirably with a month of two games per week, although Adryan (2 assists in the first half vs United) is now out for 3 months with a Hamstring tear. Trying to play strong teams in every competition (also by now my second eleven is quite decent) so I can give players like Borini the games they want. Won my CL group at a canter and a tricky away encounter to Newcastle (whom I beat in a couple of cup finals last season) in the FA cup ended 5-0 to my kids.

Sterling is going very well, although I'm starting to worry about his technical attributes not improving as much as I would like. Suarez and Neymar seem to be taking it in turns to be the best player in the league each month, Coates is being picked ahead of Skrtel most games (his aerial ability is astonishing and he's also a bit quicker), Gerrard is still great, Allen is excellent and Jovetic and Borini are doing great, despite not starting more than half the games.

All in all, things are going well, Adryan has found a place in my side with Suso on loan (although as he's injured for 3 months I guess that's moot), everybody is playing reasonably well and all my players are on track to get 30ish games for the season (more for the likes of Neymar, Suarez, Agger and ter Stegen of course).

Almost made it to the end of the season before 4 days at the in-laws...

Currently lie 4th in the league with two games to go. Unfortunately they are to be played in the space of 4 days and are Spurs (H) and Man Utd (A). A win against Spurs will guarantee 4th place and CL football.

We also won the Europa Cup! Somehow! All my main strikers are injured and been having to rely on Yesil and Morgan. The match winner against Lyon - Jamie Carragher. A fitting end to his Liverpool career as he'll be off at the end of the season.

It's ridiculous I've wrote him off on my game.

Bluddy hell thats alot of injuries.I didnt hardly have any injuries season 1,Ive played 5 games in season 2 and 4 out of my starting 11 have injuries of 1 month or more! Quite frustrating,sometimes 3 injuries per game but that is ridiculous,I havent actually signed Jovetic in any of my saves due to being injury prone!!!

October

Premier league

Liverpool 0:1 Huddersfield; Suarez 56. MotM: Suarez. Long term injury: Kelly

Liverpool 4:2 WestHam; Fierro 8, 60, 62, Isco pen 34; Benitez 24, 42. MotM: Fierro on his return

Liverpool 3:2 Swansea; Draxler 5, Fierro 59, M'Vila 80, Isco missed pen 26; Sturridge 44, McLaughlin og 72. MotM: M'Vila. Injury: Bruninho

Champions league group match

Liverpool 6:0 Kobenhavn; Bruninho 14, 45, Hagele 20, 29 pen 35, 67. MotM: Hagele. Injury: Rodriguez

Yesil was always injured inbetween matches, thats four matches and 3 injuries.......

Season 1 and 2 I was very lucky with injuries and obviously help with back to back Premierships. Season 3 however has been a nightmare, it seams to focus on areas early on it was defenders, through Feb and March lost all my AM's and forwards, which resulted in having to field 6 teenagers against Real Madrid away, they did me proud only losing to a late goal, eventually going out on away goals as they grab 88th minute fluke. Now with 5 games to go top on goal difference, I have all forwards and all players who can fill in as forward out injured for the rest of the season, my injury list is ridiculous. looks like I will have to do it the Spain way with out a striker, luckily it is not a tough run in. At least the board congratulated me on giving the kids a chance, like I had a effing choice!

Hiya guys, I wondered if anyone could help me but taking a quick look at my setup. I've really been struggling with Liverpool since day one, and i'm starting to lose faith :( here's my first XI and tactics (Gerrard is injured, would usually be in place of Florenzi):-

2012120700001.jpg

I think my first XI is pretty strong, but i'm still struggling and not sure where i'm going wrong. I play short and expressive because my passing and creativity is high compared to the rest of the league, as is tackling.

Any hints or tips on tactics or player roles would be much appreciated.

Regards, Robbie...

Might start another save with the reds or a ukrainain team as i always like to have a save in ukraine every fm. Am in season 5 on my current liverpool save but have just lost interest really, won the league and a few cups over the 5 years

argh think i may have to sell reina, im in the second season he just looses focus so often.

also whenever Ryan Mcloughlin plays for NIR he gets injured its annoying lol he is doing well.

**edit**

do any of you have the file that enables Germany and the rest to play internationals?

Hi lads, im going to share my Liverpool with you.

First season was very average having sold the like of Downing, Skrtel, Doni, and loaned out Joe Cole for the season i brought in a couple of "kids" but four to play in and around the first team, Thomas Ince, Sean Murray, Ryan Shawcross and Fernando

2012-12-07_00001.jpg

2012-12-07_00002.jpg

I struggled ALOT in my first season finishing in 9th but won the Europa League (maybe thats how i kept my job)

Second Season doing SO much better...

Im Currenrly on top of the table on goal difference with three games left, also won the Super Cup and the Capital One Cup and as of typing in the semi-final of the Europa League.

This is the incommings and out goings

2012-12-07_00003.jpg

2012-12-07_00004.jpg

League table (wish me luck) :)

2012-12-07_00005.jpg

They could have 95-100% fitness level but their match fitness might be only 65%, check the attributes screen
Yeah about that, he was just coming back from another injury (6 weeks), made him available for reserves until match fit and he's out again for 3 months. He should just retire!

Finally got into the FA cup final (5th season), my opponents are Derby County. It's their third FA cup final in a row (!) and I feel like letting them win because they lost both previous finals :D

did you start a new liverpool save?

i only ever have one save. i never restart ect lol unless its in a diff country

Yes i started again i had a good team and was winning stuff, but dont know just got stale so am gonna start again and buy some different players then have a save in the ukraine

Archived