FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really... he seems to get a pointless yellow, usually for unsportsman like behaviour and then goes and dives. He had 3 reds for this first season and 2 by November 2nd season...

And I tried to do the same Glenn. I only got rid of Doni I believe and loaned out a few players. Other than that it was a few loans in to cover weak positions and one young winger for £2m. I guess we all have different ways of playing.

Feel like ive been robbed, finally got into a save on fmc mode and sorted my tactics out (hate the team talks on normal mode) saved the game this afternoon before i went to work, i still had a shout at 4th with three league games to play and was in the fa cup final v villa.

Loaded up before and i lost 2 league games which has made getting 4th impossible and lost the fa cup to villa, so unrealisitic in my opinion, i was on a great run and had just beat utd 1-0 before i saved

Feel like ive been robbed, finally got into a save on fmc mode and sorted my tactics out (hate the team talks on normal mode) saved the game this afternoon before i went to work, i still had a shout at 4th with three league games to play and was in the fa cup final v villa.

Loaded up before and i lost 2 league games which has made getting 4th impossible and lost the fa cup to villa, so unrealisitic in my opinion, i was on a great run and had just beat utd 1-0 before i saved

I always get my ass man to do my team talks FMC is like old skol lol

Not really... he seems to get a pointless yellow, usually for unsportsman like behaviour and then goes and dives. He had 3 reds for this first season and 2 by November 2nd season...

And I tried to do the same Glenn. I only got rid of Doni I believe and loaned out a few players. Other than that it was a few loans in to cover weak positions and one young winger for £2m. I guess we all have different ways of playing.

Usually in season 2 or Jan windows of season 1 I wheel & deal

I've read a lot of the threads in here and people seem to have spent a lot of cash changing their sides immediately which I seemed unable to do. Has the 48 months deals come back to bite any of you in the back side financially?

Also, has anyone got any screenshots of Kelly, Robinson, Shelvey, Flanagan, Morgan, McLaughlin, Ibe, Suso or Coates a few years into the game?

I'm at work, so no screenshots here at the moment, but I'll comment on the other thing: 48 month deals are you essentially betting that you will be successful. They let you buy players over four years that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get. If you are not able to be successful you'll end up driving the club into the ground, but if you make intelligent purchases in the first two seasons, you can basically survive for the first 5-6 seasons without any more purchases (other than for the academy) which means you will end up with a filthy rich club with a bag full of trophies.

If you build more slowly and conservatively, you've got a lot more time to get things right. Missing CL football in season 1 won't kill you - unless you spend 80 million over four years, then you need that CL revenue (and to not go crazy with transfers every season).

That said, I think it's always better to shoot for the moon with Liverpool. We've got some great players (Gerrard, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Suarez), some incredible youngsters (Sterling, Yesil, Suso, Shelvey) and some players you can cash in on (Enrique - although I keep him, Downing, Reina, to a lesser extent Henderson). You've also got some potentially very useful young players like Allen, Borini and Assaidi that aren't guaranteed world-beaters, but can be fantastic in the right roles.

All this together means you have a young, talented squad that needs only some finishing touches and a bit of luck with injuries (because the squad is small). Adding a quality striker (I like Jovetic) a better/younger keeper (I go for the amazing ter Stegen, Arsenal will pay through the nose for Pepe) and some defensive midfield cover (there's plenty out there) gives you a side that can not only make Top 4, but win the League and give you a real platform for success. You'll get some games into some great youngsters but won't be overly reliant on them having great games because you'll have some genuine match-winners in the side.

Well said Althaz. Personally I've always been a fan of evolution rather than revolution, but obviously we all have our own styles of play.

My own personal rule is to limit 48 month deals whereby no more than 50% of the total fee can be spread over the 48 months. I think this is a fair compromise.

As for my save: I'm plodding along as usual. Just getting to the end of the January window and I'm on the whole happy with my progress, though the tactical side is still causing me grief.

As I mentioned earlier, I sold Glen Johnson to Spurs for £15 million; he wasn't performing as well as Kelly, plus it cleared a fairly large wage and gave me a small transfer budget to play with (Only £6million of the fee was up front).

I've used this to bring in Seamus Coleman (£1.8 million) and, pending a Work Permit appeal, Jadson (total fee £11 million, but only £5 million up front, the rest based on appearances and a small amount spread over 48 months). As long as I get Jadson, I'll be happy with the depth of the squad for the second half of the season.

In the league we sit in 6th place with only 2 points separating the three teams in 4th, 5th and 6th (Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool). Had we won the Arsenal game, we would have gone 2 points clear in 4th.

I'm hopeful that 4th place can be achieved, but our form against the 'big' teams is poor, so I'm prepared for the Europa League again - anything else is a bonus. I'm still convinced I'm doing something wrong tactically. I'm more or less happy with the shape and player roles, but I suspect I'm getting the strategy and/or shouts wrong. I'm trying to remember if T&TF contains explanations of the effects of the Shouts.

Summer 2016

The board started the summer by offering me a new contract until 2020 since mine ends in 2017. The funny thing is despite everything they've done so far Fierro, Sterling and Yesil will only be coming into their prime by the time that contract ends, and that will be the next point I show how they've developed. Hopefully some of the talented younger players I've got will be pushing for starting 11 places by then and even then some of them would only be 19-20.

In terms of formations I'll be using the asymmetrical 4-2-3-1 against bigger teams, it looks a good formation because it's pretty much a player in every spot you need and at the start of the game probably the best one for Liverpool. My 4-4-2 will be my everyday formation.

I'm in 7 competitions this season if you could the Charity Shield, Euro Super Cup and Club World Cup. I don't expect to win all 7, but I want 4 of them and to challenge for the other three.

Pre-season

Liverpool 0:0 Auxerre

Liverpool 2:2 Bastia

Liverpool 2:1 NEC

Liverpool 5:2 Leyton Orient

I'm not too worried about the less than great pre-season this time around, the International tournament/matches during the summer meant most of by best/starting 11 players weren't even back for the Orient game which is annoying, but what can you do?

Transfers

Out

Falcao £35m up front £15m over 2 years - Man City. I wasn't too happy about selling Falcao but he handed in a transfer request after whining about winning everything here and needing a new challenge. Not too sure the AI doesn't really he can only challenge for less at City this season. There was also the annoying fact he was also on £175k a week thanks to my soon to be ex DoF, I don't like paying over £130k a week wages, something Lucas is going to find with his demands of £160k

Kagawa £35m - Porto. Five injuries over the course of one season, and constantly asking for a new contract even though he signed a four year one when he joined pissed me right off. I bought him for £11.5m so I've tripled my cash and he wasn't that great for me.

The usual free transfers of crap and a couple of loans for decent players who probably won't get time to play

In

Cardoso £2.1m the Brazilian regen Keeper I mentioned last summer finally joined

Draxler £25m

Luke Shaw £15m. Going back to a back four I needed someone to rotate Robinson with at leftback

Johnathan Barrado £10m. 19 year old deep lying play maker from Boca, he's got good starting stats and can become a 5 star midfielder

Gregorio Heredia £15m. 21 year old mexican deep lying play maker I bought off Porto who bought him off Chivas, I really need to form a link with that club

James Rodriguez £10m. Barcelona bought him two years ago from Porto for around £25m and then barely played him, he finally handed in a transfer request

Once again I spend around what I make...

gregorioherediaoverview.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Heredia who I bought after getting the knock back from this guy

adammaheroverviewprofil.png

I had a £40m bid accepted from AZ for him, offered him £125k a week which his agent said was fine and made no effort to ask for more, but he ended up going to Roma for £30m and £220k a week :(

So finally got into a save on fmc mode and as i said above i lost out on 4th so finished 6th and lost 2-0 to villa in the fa cup final, villa then pinched my place in the europa.

Transfers in season 1 were Ter Stegen £20M, Nem £3.5M and Callejon on loan(great loan signing). Outs were Reina £22.5M, Downing £10.25M, Doni £1.2M and loaned Cole and lots of young players out like Sterling and Suso.

Transfers season 2, in November season 1 i was given extra money which i never spent till April and with it i bought Butland for £4M and Ben Arfa for £15M. With my budget for season 2 i bought Lewandowski £30M and Marin for £7.25M. Outs wwere Carrol Arsenal £20M, Pacheco £3M and Spearing £3M, am also trying to sell Assaidi. Carragher and Jones left on frees.

All transfers were money upfront

So hopefully with the better players i have hoping to have a good season 2

I always get my ass man to do my team talks FMC is like old skol lol

Prefer it that way mate

I'm at work, so no screenshots here at the moment, but I'll comment on the other thing: 48 month deals are you essentially betting that you will be successful. They let you buy players over four years that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get. If you are not able to be successful you'll end up driving the club into the ground, but if you make intelligent purchases in the first two seasons, you can basically survive for the first 5-6 seasons without any more purchases (other than for the academy) which means you will end up with a filthy rich club with a bag full of trophies.

If you build more slowly and conservatively, you've got a lot more time to get things right. Missing CL football in season 1 won't kill you - unless you spend 80 million over four years, then you need that CL revenue (and to not go crazy with transfers every season).

That said, I think it's always better to shoot for the moon with Liverpool. We've got some great players (Gerrard, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Suarez), some incredible youngsters (Sterling, Yesil, Suso, Shelvey) and some players you can cash in on (Enrique - although I keep him, Downing, Reina, to a lesser extent Henderson). You've also got some potentially very useful young players like Allen, Borini and Assaidi that aren't guaranteed world-beaters, but can be fantastic in the right roles.

All this together means you have a young, talented squad that needs only some finishing touches and a bit of luck with injuries (because the squad is small). Adding a quality striker (I like Jovetic) a better/younger keeper (I go for the amazing ter Stegen, Arsenal will pay through the nose for Pepe) and some defensive midfield cover (there's plenty out there) gives you a side that can not only make Top 4, but win the League and give you a real platform for success. You'll get some games into some great youngsters but won't be overly reliant on them having great games because you'll have some genuine match-winners in the side.

I never use 48 month payments always pay upfront

Summer 2016

The board started the summer by offering me a new contract until 2020 since mine ends in 2017. The funny thing is despite everything they've done so far Fierro, Sterling and Yesil will only be coming into their prime by the time that contract ends, and that will be the next point I show how they've developed. Hopefully some of the talented younger players I've got will be pushing for starting 11 places by then and even then some of them would only be 19-20.

In terms of formations I'll be using the asymmetrical 4-2-3-1 against bigger teams, it looks a good formation because it's pretty much a player in every spot you need and at the start of the game probably the best one for Liverpool. My 4-4-2 will be my everyday formation.

I'm in 7 competitions this season if you could the Charity Shield, Euro Super Cup and Club World Cup. I don't expect to win all 7, but I want 4 of them and to challenge for the other three.

Pre-season

Liverpool 0:0 Auxerre

Liverpool 2:2 Bastia

Liverpool 2:1 NEC

Liverpool 5:2 Leyton Orient

I'm not too worried about the less than great pre-season this time around, the International tournament/matches during the summer meant most of by best/starting 11 players weren't even back for the Orient game which is annoying, but what can you do?

Transfers

Out

Falcao £35m up front £15m over 2 years - Man City. I wasn't too happy about selling Falcao but he handed in a transfer request after whining about winning everything here and needing a new challenge. Not too sure the AI doesn't really he can only challenge for less at City this season. There was also the annoying fact he was also on £175k a week thanks to my soon to be ex DoF, I don't like paying over £130k a week wages, something Lucas is going to find with his demands of £160k

Kagawa £35m - Porto. Five injuries over the course of one season, and constantly asking for a new contract even though he signed a four year one when he joined pissed me right off. I bought him for £11.5m so I've tripled my cash and he wasn't that great for me.

The usual free transfers of crap and a couple of loans for decent players who probably won't get time to play

In

Cardoso £2.1m the Brazilian regen Keeper I mentioned last summer finally joined

Draxler £25m

Luke Shaw £15m. Going back to a back four I needed someone to rotate Robinson with at leftback

Johnathan Barrado £10m. 19 year old deep lying play maker from Boca, he's got good starting stats and can become a 5 star midfielder

Gregorio Heredia £15m. 21 year old mexican deep lying play maker I bought off Porto who bought him off Chivas, I really need to form a link with that club

James Rodriguez £10m. Barcelona bought him two years ago from Porto for around £25m and then barely played him, he finally handed in a transfer request

Once again I spend around what I make...

gregorioherediaoverview.png

Heredia who I bought after getting the knock back from this guy

adammaheroverviewprofil.png

I had a £40m bid accepted from AZ for him, offered him £125k a week which his agent said was fine and made no effort to ask for more, but he ended up going to Roma for £30m and £220k a week :(

Some nice signings there

August

Premier league

Liverpool 4:2 Newcastle; Fierro 10, 37, 50, Sterling 71; Mertens 1, Ba 80

Liverpool 0:0 Watford

European Supercup

Liverpool 3:1 Sevilla; Sterling 11, 64, Fierro 37; Negredo 34

Charity Shield

Liverpool 3:0 Wolves; Yesil 3, Bruninho 54, Enrique og 56

I've started with a 4-4-2 with all the matches this month, but if it wasn't been working or both strikers have needed to be subbed off I've swapped to the asymmetrical 4-2-3-1, the most obvious one is the Sevilla match were Sterling was pushed higher up the pitch

The injury crisis has eased a bit so hopefully can get solid run now in the league... fingers crossed for that. Well. I'am off ... need to see Tottenham vs Liverpool.. hopefully we get an win againts the Spurs.

Has anyone else gotten this message from the assistant during a match: "More players are have difficulties motivating themselves with Steven Gerrard as Captain" ??

Not about Gerrard but I usually see this messages in pre-season when the team is a jumble of players, or when you have a mixed squad for a cup and don't have your captain or vice captain out

Interesting points. I think that was the thing I was interested in - has anyone actually got us into serious financial trouble?

I somehow managed to win the league first season despite my signings being Bolatti (loan), Adryan (too young to play really), Ait Fana (£2.6m and a steal actually) and then a mixture of other loans such as Gudetti, who was my top scorer, Hoorau (who barely played), Jordan Ayew, Verrati, Sanchez Mino, Craig Gordon (free but sold at the start of S2) and Milevsky. Aside from the first 4, the others basically didn't play. Add that to selling Doni and loaning Suso, Sterling, Robinson and Shelvey, and I didn't believe I'd have a squad capable of anything, yet I won the league (unbeaten!) and Europa League. This just seems incredible, even on a simulation...

The second season has started similarly impressively but I've adapted my squad rather dramatically with Bocchetti, Destro, Viviano, Sulejmani all in on frees, Ander Herrera (15m), Douglas Costa (£14m), Van Wolfswinkel and Bollati (both £3.7m), Belfodil (£6m - I don't think he has the same potential as recent versions) and Fagner (£11.25m) being my key signings, all supplemented with youngsters. Yet I really don't feel like I've gone all gungho on the signings in terms of spending big big money; I only spent what I brought in through the sales of Downing, Carrol, Johnson, Spearing etc

Still, I'm excited about Willian and Abel Hernandez joining my side in January.

September

Premier League

Liverpool 2:0 West Ham; Fierro 50, El Shaarawy 73

Liverpool 5:0 Fulham; Draxler 3, Yesil 4, 73, Fierro 24, Anele og 50

Liverpool 3:0 Aston Villa; Fierro 2, Yesil 29, Sterling 63

Champions league group match

Liverpool 2:1 Juventus; Hagele 3, Yesil 52; Matri 24

Liverpool 1:1 Galatasaray; Fierro 13; Gyan 69

Capital one cup

Liverpool 4:3 Stoke; Hagele 8, 81, Edmilson, Rodriguez 91; Austin 1, 18, Pitroipa 90

Im a fan of the club but I have never been able to get much in any of the LFC saves I have done

just started one up hopefully that will change, sacked every scout and staff with the exception of Borrell, hired Crujff as my number two, and hired Bernard Peters the german to head the youth development as I plan on building through the youth ranks (hopefully)

as for transfers I bought Sebastian Rode from Frankfurt, as the side direly needs a back-up ball winning midfielder, and bought Douglas Costa from Shaktar to provide some spark from the flanks...sold downing and doni for around 10 million and asked the board to increase the transfer revenue so I managed to get 75 percent of the transfer income plus the 3 million from the start of the game so had around 10 million to spend, had to use monthly installments but wasnt all tat bad as I paid a big chunk up front...Rode cost me around 9 million, Douglas Costa 12 million

beat some Norwegian side 4-0 on agg. in the EL, beat Fulham in the EPL opener 3-2 ( I was up 3-0) and beat AIK away 4-2 after being down 2-0 in the first 16 minutes

Hi lads loading up in december of season 1 got 12mill to spend in Jan windows will most likey get a striker

Alright mate

I've picked up a whipper snapper AMC/STR on a free. I think he could go on to big things: Jari Litmanen anyone?

SS?

28th November in 1st season now.. still very inconsistent .. - some results..

Lost 1-0 to Academica in Europa League.

Knocked out by Wigan on penalties in the Capital One cup.

Lost 2-0 to Partizan in Europa League.

Beat Man City 4-1 in the Prem (?!??!)

Drew 1-1 with Sparta Prague in Europa League.

Drew 1-1 with Stoke in Prem.

Lost 2-0 to QPR in Prem (they are 2nd..??..)

Beat Academica 2-0 in Europa League.

Lost 2-0 to Fulham.

Currently 12th in the Prem..

Starting again ...going to try the 48month transfer method :) playing FMClassic so..

I play in classic mode although it can get hard if u go on a bad run as you have no team talks etc to get morale up, but I play it as I don't really like team talks so bit more of a challenge

October

Premier league

Liverpool 2:0 Norwich; Hucker 70, 86

Liverpool 0:2 Man City; Dzeko 10, 81

Liverpool 2:1 Arsenal; Heredia pen 20, Draxler 32, Ayew 47

Liverpool 4:1 Stoke; Fierro 2, 23, Sterling 17, Griezmann 69

Liverpool 3:0 Cluj; Yesil 13, Mitrita og 23, Bruninho 71

Capital one cup

Liverpool 2:5 Southampton; Hucker 9, 86 (three first team games and four goals for my 16 year old poacher regen); Diego 60, Carr 62, 92, Ramirez 79 88. I played my reserves so not too worried about this cup really

I've noticed everytime I've swapped to the 4-2-3-1 Sterling has bagged a goal, pity I have too many good young strikers to make that my primary formation just yet

Finished my 1st season. I didn't enjoy it - one bit.

4th in the league, knocked out in the FA cup semi final by Swansea, knocked out of the Europa in the quarter final by Braga on agg and won the Carling cup against United.

My main performer was Borini, who netted 41 times in 53 goals, followed by Suarez with just 12 (he was injured for 3 months).

There is going to be a massive overhaul, looking to get rid of Reina, Johnson, Skrtel/Agger, Enrique, Henderson, Carroll, Spearing.

I play in classic mode although it can get hard if u go on a bad run as you have no team talks etc to get morale up, but I play it as I don't really like team talks so bit more of a challenge

Yep, I love classic mode as I can just wiz through the seasons.. but you're totally right about morale :)

Decided to start again with the tax fix.

Want to keep all signings U21 and build a team to develope.

Made a good few signings with 2 big buys but all players who can come in and help the team out

Out went

Downing, doni, Kelly, Enrique, jones all sold raising 43m and Pacheco and cole on loan deals

In came

Isco 17.25m 48 months

Alaba 18m 48 months

Butland 5m

Ademilson 5.25m

Nem 3.5m

Adryan 875k

And a regen DM that I found for free. Has massive potential so have him learning from Lucas

Playing the 4231 formation and have promoted wisdom and McLaughlin to the first team to see if I can develop them

November

Premier league

Liverpool 2:1 Huddersfield; Fierro 15, Sterling 31; Jelavic 32

Liverpool 4:0 Southampton; Heredia 44, El Shaarawy 67, 78, Hagele 76

Liverpool 2:0 Swansea; Sterling 30, 61

Liverpool 0:0 West Brom

Liverpool 3:3 Juventus; Fierro 32, Heredia 45, Yesil 69; Fabio 32, 72, Matri 74

Liverpool 1:1 Galatasaray; Sterling 40; Melo 54

I qualified from the group in second place with 12 points in the champions league

Interesting points. I think that was the thing I was interested in - has anyone actually got us into serious financial trouble?

I somehow managed to win the league first season despite my signings being Bolatti (loan), Adryan (too young to play really), Ait Fana (£2.6m and a steal actually) and then a mixture of other loans such as Gudetti, who was my top scorer, Hoorau (who barely played), Jordan Ayew, Verrati, Sanchez Mino, Craig Gordon (free but sold at the start of S2) and Milevsky. Aside from the first 4, the others basically didn't play. Add that to selling Doni and loaning Suso, Sterling, Robinson and Shelvey, and I didn't believe I'd have a squad capable of anything, yet I won the league (unbeaten!) and Europa League. This just seems incredible, even on a simulation...

The second season has started similarly impressively but I've adapted my squad rather dramatically with Bocchetti, Destro, Viviano, Sulejmani all in on frees, Ander Herrera (15m), Douglas Costa (£14m), Van Wolfswinkel and Bollati (both £3.7m), Belfodil (£6m - I don't think he has the same potential as recent versions) and Fagner (£11.25m) being my key signings, all supplemented with youngsters. Yet I really don't feel like I've gone all gungho on the signings in terms of spending big big money; I only spent what I brought in through the sales of Downing, Carrol, Johnson, Spearing etc

Still, I'm excited about Willian and Abel Hernandez joining my side in January.

How did Adryan develop for you mate? In jan first season, thinking of purchasing.

Archived