FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

Will it be save compatible?

Not really sure yet, some people say that coz its a db error it won't be but others say there's a little possibility...who knows? Hopefully it is! But I really doubt it will be though.

Had the game for 3 weeks, not had time to play it other than right now - logged in to the forums to see the finances are ruined by this tax bug, so I'd really, really like to know whether or not the bug fix will be save compatible, else I won't bother...

In regards to the LFC squad this season, I see you're all selling the usual suspects; Downing, Doni, Jones, Cole etc, how much are you realistically selling all of these for? The amount the club starts with is realistic but ridiculous.

Wonderkids, worth signing? I was thinking of implementing a tactic around Suarez in the "inside forward" role cutting in from the left. Anyone else tried this with any luck?

No one knows yet (see above comment).

People sell Downing for £18m to £20m by offering him out over 48 months, mostly to Fulham or if you want upfront money, about £10 to 13m I guess.

Doni goes for £1.2m to 1.5m

Not sure about Jones

Cole is mostly on loan for first season, so can't really say.

Can't really say about the tactics lol.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, lads. Another year, another save with my beloved Reds. Actually, the January update I'm about to give is my second go, because I was sacked in March the first time around - but we won't talk about that, eh?

So, I started off by re-shuffling my backroom team. Pascoe had to go, and Cruijff was the man I chose to be my right hand man; and after that, another 5 coaches, and a scout or two followed him in to pad out the rather bare backroom team.

Next up was transfers. Downing, Doni and a few of the reserves were all sold for a total of about £19.25m, and in came Douglas Costa and Thorgen Marx for a combined total of £16m. I was pretty happy with my squad at this point - cover for Lucas was a must, and another winger came in to improve my front-line. Obviously, I was still pretty bare up front, but I felt with Borini, Suarez and even Yesil and Morgan, I could last until January.

Cue the start of the season, and this is how I would be lining up:

2012-11-18_00001.jpg

Europa League:

Bar one horror result as I played my U-18s in an attempt to rest my squad (we had already qualified from the group with a game or two to spare) the EL has gone swimmingly, including two good results against Bordeaux, something of a bogey team in previous games. Up next is a knockout round against FC Twente - a good draw that's left me quietly confident.

2012-11-18_00002.jpg

Capital One Cup:

Lost to Leeds 2-1. Played the kids... Uhhh, moving swiftly on!

FA Cup:

My next match is a 3rd round tie against Preston. Should win, but then, I said that about Leeds. :lol:

Premier League:

The biggest surprise. I started poorly. 4 draws in 5, and I quickly assumed that this season would be yet another write off. Scrapping for that EL place. I stopped paying attention to the table. But, we started picking up wins, including a 3-0 demolition of the Champions, City. Draws at United and Chelsea, and the only loss of the season so far at Arsenal, all preceded that. Before I knew it, I'd stumbled into a title challenge, sitting third only two points off the top. I still have no idea when it happened. Borini is on fire. 15 goals in 16 games. Costa and Suarez are making everything happen assist wise. Henderson, Allen and Shelvey have all been magnificent when played in the middle. Assaidi and Sterling have been cracking too. A win at Swansea has left me sitting 1st, admittedly with only a one point lead on United who have a game in hand.

Lads, it's on.

2012-11-18_00003.jpg

Not really sure yet, some people say that coz its a db error it won't be but others say there's a little possibility...who knows? Hopefully it is! But I really doubt it will be though.

I know Zeke was saying that it doesn't affect you from season 4 onwards, I'm about halfway through season 3 so if that's true I'm not too worried. Gonna be pissed if I have to start again for the fix, and then when they do the January transfer update

I know Zeke was saying that it doesn't affect you from season 4 onwards, I'm about halfway through season 3 so if that's true I'm not too worried. Gonna be pissed if I have to start again for the fix, and then when they do the January transfer update

Oh.. trust me it does effect in season 4! I would hold on to that save game unless you have that commercial / unofficial editor!

They closed that TAX thread in the bugs forum. Why? Beyond me but as said it is definately bad as ever in season 4 onwards.

I had +70M in bank and have halted the game indefinately into january... now the bank balance is -6M.

Needless to say I'am quite in a faul mood because of this bug that should have never been in the official release had their testing team done their job properly.

So word of caution.. the finance issue does not stop after season 3.

Oh.. trust me it does effect in season 4! I would hold on to that save game unless you have that commercial / unofficial editor!

They closed that TAX thread in the bugs forum. Why? Beyond me but as said it is definately bad as ever in season 4 onwards.

I had +70M in bank and have halted the game indefinately into january... now the bank balance is -6M.

Needless to say I'am quite in a faul mood because of this bug that should have never been in the official release had their testing team done their job properly.

So word of caution.. the finance issue does not stop after season 3.

**** sake! Thanks for letting me know it's still there.

Is it just English clubs that it affects or every team? I've noticed that they've still got the 'no national German team' bug in it as well :rolleyes: or at least when you start the game it's not there as an international country to manage

Is it just English clubs that it affects or every team? I've noticed that they've still got the 'no national German team' bug in it as well :rolleyes: or at least when you start the game it's not there as an international country to manage

To be honest. I have no idea whether it affects other leagues. Played the game into late january 2016 and now halted.

I don't care whether the thing is getting adjusted at the end of season or next month... since due to the prize money I can break just about even when the season ends. Meaning though that not looking likely that I can sign anyone but can live with that one too.

Btw.. if you want to lower players wage demands a bit include an minium release clause into their contracts. That way you can at least get them adjusted down a bit.

lol.. checked.. if I would be paying 0,00£ wages per week would still be seeing just under 10M losses per month! lol.. oh well at least I have payed nearly 90M taxes thus far in the season so goverment should be happy.

It's a data error though, "apparently", which means it's not just a simple case of editing the coding so the chances are of it being save game compatible is slim. I'm quite OCD when I start careers too, I go in to overload on pretty much everything, spent relentless hours sorting things - it would break my heart having to do it twice because of, as you said, a stupid bug that wasn't picked up. Quite ridiculous if you ask me, especially as a fix has been "found" but will be released "when the next update is out". What? Sound, love losing almost 70m in one year because of tax - absolutely embarrassing. If there's a fix, get it sorted NOW.

Fuming - been looking forward to today for weeks now just so I can finally sit back and enjoy a save game on the game I've loved for years.

The 70M is total loss thus far.. have paid about 90M in taxes of some form. Even if that saves lets say 3M per month it a lot of money wasted for nothing.

You got to remember that those losses are monthly. I'am expecting to lose some money monthly and can compensate those losses with media/prize money but those wohn't cover this though.

The board is still pleased with me... "The board are very pleased with your control of wages".. confidence pretty much maxed out on that one.

As it stands there is no point of continuing until that is fixed though.

Btw, what are non-Football costs??? Seems quite high sum as well. Last season 26M and now +30M!

It's just English clubs because there are new corporation and income taxes rates coming next year.

@zeke: I've got a ******** in the club from selling players for stupid money, and the sponorships aha. It's a stupid bug that they never bothered checking and screams of **** poor testing though.

@ash: I know, I might just wait until the January patch is out before starting my Liverpool game again if this fix comes out before that, annoying because I've had Sterling playing amazing and not sure if he'll develop again if I have to start again, never mind getting the same players/success the next time around.

I'm thinking the only thing that might even offset it is somehow getting a massive stadium built in the game, but even then with the taxes you won't be able to afford that. Looks like a case of selling your best players every season. Non-football costs? No idea what that might be

@cyborgscouse: I made a good profit with last summers transactions so don't move forward just yet until they fix that.

You do not want to give that money to "charity". Yup, well it is odd since only thing you needed to do was play the game few seasons.

Hopefully it will be sorted since personally not going to start this thing again.

I got an good potential squad, good staff and everything is set for years ahead.

The minium release clause thing was positive thing to notice though. Allthough it means that you might lose a player or two. Than again everyone is avalaible if the offer is right.

Oh.. and personally playing with full FM allthough it seems there is an "workaround" for FMC to add the database size.

@cyborgscouse: I made a good profit with last summers transactions so don't move forward just yet until they fix that.

You do not want to give that money to "charity". Yup, well it is odd since only thing you needed to do was play the game few seasons.

Hopefully it will be sorted since personally not going to start this thing again.

I got an good potential squad, good staff and everything is set for years ahead.

The minium release clause thing was positive thing to notice though. Allthough it means that you might lose a player or two. Than again everyone is avalaible if the offer is right.

Oh.. and personally playing with full FM allthough it seems there is an "workaround" for FMC to add the database size.

Yeah I'm not gonna bother with my Liverpool save until the fix comes out for it, annoying because I always load the game up when I need to be on my computer. With the amount of bugs the FM games have I wonder just what kind of testing they do, I remember last years kept crashing on me and one of the moderators said it doesn't run properly on a 32 bit windows or something.....

I suppose you'll be ok if you can keep getting a good youth intake each year and not need to buy players, or steal great regens on the cheap but you shouldn't have to be looking at not buying players this early on.

I usually do the minimum release clause on regens I buy from other clubs, especially the 4-5 star potential ones. The German regen striker I stole has a £65m release clause because he's got 5 star potential and had better stats than any 15 year old I've seen on it

Until this tax issue is fixed ive decided im not gonna continue this save no point if it spoils the game

There is no reason why you can't play to end of the first season assuming that this bug gets fixed (as it should). Just don't go past the first season... or as you said wait for the fix.

There is no reason why you can't play to end of the first season assuming that this bug gets fixed (as it should). Just don't go past the first season... or as you said wait for the fix.
thanks for the info ill do this season then try a save with Juventus hope it's not in Italy as well lol

I'm with glenn22. Was about to load up my save but after hearing of the 71% tax, I'm not going to bother until there's a fix. If the fix they come up with isn't save game compatible I'm afraid my love for all things FM13 could well be out the window, as I can't be bothered starting over from scratch. Can't see how this was missed by their test teams to be honest.

I don't know, on my Liverpool save I've seen some pretty big spending so far, Man Utd, City, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea are usually spending £60m+ each during the summer window

You can edit the rules with the database editor but I wouldn't bother. Seeing some of those clubs go bankrupt would be interesting.

You can edit the rules with the database editor but I wouldn't bother. Seeing some of those clubs go bankrupt would be interesting.

It's gonna be one of those problems that you only care about when it happens to you, on my Liverpool save I never thought about the tax Utd or City would be paying with the AI aha

I just used FMRTE to correct the error... 5 euros isnt much to pay and it allowed me to keep playing my game!!

anyway back to my save.....

Just finished first season, and I just nabbed 4th spot in the league which is amazing for me. Last few months of the season were pretty dire I couldnt score so my title challenge went downhill. A positive of the season was a pretty good europa league run... Lost to tottenham in the final so the league finish of 4th (they came 5th on equal points) was revenge for the loss!!

Heading into my second season now and I just signed about 5 youngsters as well as andre ayew for the midfield / backup winger position. I will need to purchase a new winger as I think I am a bit light in that area as well. Also pretty much swapping glen Johnson for kyle walker selling and buying for the same price.

I just used FMRTE to correct the error... 5 euros isnt much to pay and it allowed me to keep playing my game!!

anyway back to my save.....

Just finished first season, and I just nabbed 4th spot in the league which is amazing for me. Last few months of the season were pretty dire I couldnt score so my title challenge went downhill. A positive of the season was a pretty good europa league run... Lost to tottenham in the final so the league finish of 4th (they came 5th on equal points) was revenge for the loss!!

Heading into my second season now and I just signed about 5 youngsters as well as andre ayew for the midfield / backup winger position. I will need to purchase a new winger as I think I am a bit light in that area as well. Also pretty much swapping glen Johnson for kyle walker selling and buying for the same price.

You should fix all of our saves then :)

Am gonna start a new save soon but am planning on playing fmc as I hate doin the likes of team talks plus I don't get loads of time to play it so will suit me

Check the FMC forum and there is an work around how you can increase the database. Not supported by SI but doable. Actually made an holiday with it and simmed 5 season -> no problems detected.

Started a new save i wont be signing anyone i disabled the transfer budgets in the 1st windows make it realistic will try to sign a striker on Jan depending on how much money i get to spend & i also wont be changing my staff either takes me forever ill be on later playing Black Ops 2 as well as FM

I'm making slow and steady progress in my save.

I'm mid-November (season 1) and am 8th in the league with a record of W: 4 D: 3 L: 3. I'm also unbeaten in the Europa League, but have crashed out of the League Cup on penalties to a full strength Chelsea side.

The best performers so far have been Borini (11 goals in all competitions), Coates and Skrtel in the centre of defence (Agger has been injured) and Suso has been great when I've given him playing time. Disappointments so far are Suarez, though he is improving after I had private chat with him about his form, Johnson (I regret not selling him to Chelsea for £15 million now) and most of the midfield.

It's clear that I need to make some improvements in January, but I'll need to sell first and I'm undecided where to make the chop. Incoming priority needs to be a tough tackling midfielder to complement/provide cover for Lucas, and I think I might have to try and move on Downing to free up transfer/wage budgets even though he hasn't been too bad. It would leave my left side rather underpowered though as neither Assaidi or Suarez have performed in that position and Sterling is a little raw. Plus, I have no idea if the board will make any cash available of course!

finished the transfer window of the 2nd season and made many changes to my squad.

Got in belhanda, gotze and ayew as well as a couple of others and sold a few squad players here and there. I think at the moment I have a very strong midfield and attack (could possibly use a clinical striker and may replace suarez with one in Jan) but defence is a bit underpowered..

Need to find a solid left back backup as robinson never seems to do it for me...

Overall I am pretty happy with the squad.. 3 games into the season and I have won my CL qualifier and have won 2 games in the prem and lost one away to man city. If the form improves even more when my team gels I think I may even have a title challenge on the cards and maybe a good cup run or two!

Great to hear the next update including the tax fix WILL be save compatible. Thats put a few minds to rest

Indeed. That news have tuned down the anger levels quite substantially! Now, only thing to do is wait...

Archived