FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, happening now and then to me aswell...e.g. just lost to Sunderland 2-0 away even though I've beaten the likes of City etc just before this...

Sorry, I've no idea about this so not able to help. But what I can say is that team settings vary depending on how people want their team to play e.g. I may want a quicker tempo and more wide play than you etc.

A Double K Sorry to be pedantic but this is getting to me. Let me rephrase the question. When you make a new tactic, using the'classic' method, how do you decide where to place the slider for mentality in an attacking tactic? The attacking part of the mentality slider goes from around 14/15 and upwards. Do you set it to 16 or 18 or what and how do you decide this or is it just guesswork? My question goes for the Tactics Creator as well.

You won't believe the amount of paoerwork that I have about making a tactic. The problem with it all is that it is mostly contradictory, therefore, making it impossible to get any sort of direction. Thanks for your time.

@oescus

You should check / study BetterHalfs tactic set. It is no diablo but those do work in FM13. Even tested with holiday sim and you can do a lot better managing yourself.

Also at least current patch the more strict/assertive teamtalks work better than previous versions of FM.

Now.. how the h**l did they miss that tax thing is beyond me. That fix better be save game compatible since not starting all over again after venturing into 4th season.

September

Premier League

Liverpool 3:1 Fulham; Isco 2; Borini 58, El Shaarawy 77; Chamakh 38

Liverpool 2:3 Man City; Isco 28, Suarez 32; Tevez 85, 94, Aguero 87

Liverpool 3:2 Norwich; Yesil 3, 16, 30; Malouda 77, 90

Champions league group match

Liverpool 3:1 Sporting Lisbon; Sureaz 16, Isco pen 42, Yesil 67; Labyad 85

Capital one cup

Liverpool 3:2 Birmingham; Sterling 56, Robinson 78, Fierro 91; Zigic 17, Kerr 59

I'm not too worried about the Birmingham match because that was mostly youth/reserve players out for it, but this month I conceded a lot of late goals annoyingly in the City match were they came back from 2 nil down in the last five minutes. Hopefully that will stop as the team gets more used to the formation.

@oescus

You should check / study BetterHalfs tactic set. It is no diablo but those do work in FM13. Even tested with holiday sim and you can do a lot better managing yourself.

Also at least current patch the more strict/assertive teamtalks work better than previous versions of FM.

Now.. how the h**l did they miss that tax thing is beyond me. That fix better be save game compatible since not starting all over again after venturing into 4th season.

I never even noticed it

I'll take your word on it, unless I start bleeding money I'll keep going. After three seasons of playing as Liverpool, I'm gonna start a new save with another team for a little bit

After the sales I still have +70M in the bank so no imminent problems for me but waiting to get that sorted. I will keep pushing with this career save though since really enjoying the players I have developed in the first few seasons.

Maybe another secondary save / club also for me.. not sure yet. Hard to deciede which team etc... kind of would like to play maybe with Borussia Dortmund, PSG, Ajax... or some of likes.

"As your now in the 4th season you'll be past the point where this issue is experienced." ... well loading the game up than.

No wonder I was losing a lot of money in the past two seasons! Time play few games with the youths again than.

After the sales I still have +70M in the bank so no imminent problems for me but waiting to get that sorted. I will keep pushing with this career save though since really enjoying the players I have developed in the first few seasons.

Maybe another secondary save / club also for me.. not sure yet. Hard to deciede which team etc... kind of would like to play maybe with Borussia Dortmund, PSG, Ajax... or some of likes.

I'm gonna go Dortmund, someone with a good team but hasn't got a ******** of cash to be splashing around

"As your now in the 4th season you'll be past the point where this issue is experienced." ... well loading the game up than.

No wonder I was losing a lot of money in the past two seasons! Time play few games with the youths again than.

Ahh thats good then, one more season and I'll be past it too :)

zeke, I must admit that I like TBH's tactics sets. Especially the ones that are non exploiting but it isn't quite the same as having your own tactics. If I go with any pre set tactics it will be TBH's when he gets them sorted for FM13. I am aware of his 4-5-1 beta. I have just made three 4-4-2 tactics for Liverpool. I seem to have more success with them and I can get both Suarez and Borini in the team. I always seem to struggle doing one striker tactics. I may even revert to my old narrow 4-1-3-2 tactics. Thanks guys.

Hmmmm.. the kids are playing ok in the 3rd season. A bit on and off though but most likely due to experience and age.

However, unless Fabio Borini wohn't start to perform than he will be axed on the january transfer window. He is on 85k wages but actions don't justify that.

@cyborgscouse

Yup! You are almost there! Just be careful with the spending on this year.

I haven't looked on the Dortmund squad but the squad should be young with few exceptional talent. I leaning on starting with them once loading the 2nd save game. Also haven't played Bundesliga for many versions.

@oescus

I know! I have my own 4-5-1 system that I bet some money to work excellent once the ME patch is out.

Also have done some excellent tactics of my own in EHM, CM and FM versions. Nowdays don't post them into boards though. I think last ones were with EHM series with tactic called slapshot.

Now, decieded to play with TBH set with the same system (4-5-1) and it is giving nice results. Good football but no diablo either!

I did not know he/she was working on a new 4-5-1 BETA... as I understand these are pretty much same as with FM12.

A Double K Sorry to be pedantic but this is getting to me. Let me rephrase the question. When you make a new tactic, using the'classic' method, how do you decide where to place the slider for mentality in an attacking tactic? The attacking part of the mentality slider goes from around 14/15 and upwards. Do you set it to 16 or 18 or what and how do you decide this or is it just guesswork? My question goes for the Tactics Creator as well.

You won't believe the amount of paoerwork that I have about making a tactic. The problem with it all is that it is mostly contradictory, therefore, making it impossible to get any sort of direction. Thanks for your time.

Oh erm, in regards to the sliders, I don't really pay much attention, just keep it as high as I feel like but haven't changed the "attacking mentality" in the team tactics since I made the tactic, but it's probably not that high lol. But for the players, I give them individual ones too e.g. Lucas as DM, is the slider just below "normal".

Your welcome, hope this helps?

Re Tax Issue

worth carrying on my save where I've got three game or so left at the end of first season?

Hmmmm.. on september net loss of 16M and now +10M. We surely are screwed if that continues.. despite having still +40M on the bank.

finance7.th.jpg

finance5.th.jpg

finance4.th.jpg

finance3.th.jpg

finance2.th.jpg

finance1.th.jpg

..and board loves me because tight salary control. Despite that we are sinking faster than Titanic!!!

A Double K, no worries, I'm hopeful of my 4-4-2 tactics otherwise I shall have a go with TBH's tactics.

zeke, he/she has a Non Exploiting 4-5-1 with in and out wingbacks available, from these forums and his own. You can pull the wingbacks back into fullbacks without spoiling the tactics. However, as are the rest of his sets at present, it is still a beta set. I'm sure they will all become full bonafide FM13 sets soon, though. It's comforting to know that I am not the only one who sometimes looks to 'pre set' tactics.

I feel a little bit dirty...i've done the unthinkable. I've signed a player from Man Utd :| ...i'm suprised he wanted to join tbh as i've never had a player from an arch-rival want to join. But the man who crosses sides in the war is Phil Jones. Assistant and scout gave him 4.5 CA and 5 PA so a quality addition

@A Double K

No problems and maybe it is wise to hold on for time being if you like save you got ongoing. I will hold fine for few days since really want this to be it.

They cannot hold that patch until january. No way.

@oescus

Ok. I didn't know that about beta sets. Than again as you do mostly use my own sets. Gave those a whirl since knew they are sensible ones.

Allthough, they differ from mine quite a bit in many ways. Nothing wrong on checking other tactics as well tp change things a bit.

I might start working on my 4-4-2 set once the ME is stable enough to handle it. At the moment no point on doing them.

@IWWROCKS

Never sign anyone from Man Utd unless they are under 17 old, lol! As an punishment you should pay those taxes from your save that I'am getting!

@A Double K

No problems and maybe it is wise to hold on for time being if you like save you got ongoing. I will hold fine for few days since really want this to be it.

They cannot hold that patch until january. No way.

Yeah that is true, just praying that its save compatible somehow!

@IWWROCKS

Never sign anyone from Man Utd unless they are under 17 old, lol! As an punishment you should pay those taxes from your save that I'am getting!

Hahaha! That made me laugh.

Hmmmm.. on september net loss of 16M and now +10M. We surely are screwed if that continues.. despite having still +40M on the bank.

finance7.th.jpg

finance5.th.jpg

finance4.th.jpg

finance3.th.jpg

finance2.th.jpg

finance1.th.jpg

..and board loves me because tight salary control. Despite that we are sinking faster than Titanic!!!

It is a known bug mate. Head over to the feedback section under PC discussion and people mention about in much more depth. Should be sorted in the next hotfix

Hey Guys, It 12.39am in New Zealand and thought time for my 1st update for my Liverpool save just started.

Transfers Out

Doni

Jones

Downing

Enrique

Cole - Free

Carragher - Free

Transfer In

D.Ba

W.Nem

J.Steer

L.Shaw

W.Zaha

Z.Bakkali

League

Wigan 0-1

West Ham 1-0 Agger

Norwich 2-0 Ba, Own Goal

Villa 2-0 Ossanidi, Yesil

Newcastle 6-4 Gerrard, Nem 2, Ba 2, Suarez

Fulham 3-1 Johnson, Ba, Yesil

Tottenham 1-1 Ba

Sitting 5th 5 points before leaders Man Utd with game in hand.

Euro Cup

St Johnstone 2-1 Yesil, Borini

St Johnstone 2-0 Nem, Suarez

AC Horsens 2-1 Yesil, Assandi

AC Horsens 4-1 Yesil 3, Own Goal

Group Stage

Tel-Aviv 2-0 Nem, Ba

Academica 2-3 Assandi, Suarez

Trnava 2-1 Zaha, Bakkahi

Capital Cup

Barnsley 2-0 Suarez, Agger

Top Scorers

Yesil 8

Ba 6

Suarez 4

Nem 4

Happy with my start to season 1, have been playing 3-3-4 tactic

August updates

Friendlys

Vs Boca 2-2 Suarez,Pacheco

Vs Fc Nomads 7-1

Europa league

3rd qualifying rd 1st leg Vs AFG 2-0 Borini,Gerrard

3rd qualifying rd 2nd leg Vs AFG 1-3 Sterling

4th qualifying rd 1st leg Vs Mortherwell 1-1 Borini

4th qualifying rd 2nd leg 1-0 Agger

League

Vs Stoke 1-1 Borini

Vs Swansea 0-0

Lucky in the 3rd round of the qualifying round got through on the way goals rule & had a struggle against Motherwell least im in the group stage where ill give my kids a run haven't started well in the league 2 draws from 2 games but early days yet my only signing was Gordon on free transfer on less wages then Doni sold Doni loaned out Downing & Cole hoping i sell both next season hope September is a better month for me

August updates

Friendlys

Vs Boca 2-2 Suarez,Pacheco

Vs Fc Nomads 7-1

Europa league

3rd qualifying rd 1st leg Vs AFG 2-0 Borini,Gerrard

3rd qualifying rd 2nd leg Vs AFG 1-3 Sterling

4th qualifying rd 1st leg Vs Mortherwell 1-1 Borini

4th qualifying rd 2nd leg 1-0 Agger

League

Vs Stoke 1-1 Borini

Vs Swansea 0-0

Lucky in the 3rd round of the qualifying round got through on the way goals rule & had a struggle against Motherwell least im in the group stage where ill give my kids a run haven't started well in the league 2 draws from 2 games but early days yet my only signing was Gordon on free transfer on less wages then Doni sold Doni loaned out Downing & Cole hoping i sell both next season hope September is a better month for me

Didn't know you'd started again, the game is weird because you get next to nothing to spend in season 1 but can have around 50m in the second

I'm waiting until the tax bug is fixed before I continue my Liverpool game. I can't be bothered starting a new game either and I'm really enjoying developing our youngsters. I've only really failed with Suso because I've loaned him out and kept playing Gerrard. I really hate the start of a new game with all the hassle signing new staff. Why are most of the staff in the game so rubbish?

It'll be interesting to see which of our players get CA/PA boosts in the New Year. Wisdom is a definite one and probably Sterling. I expect Kelly, Coates, Wilson, and Robinson will all get reduced.

No new starts for me either.. waiting for that tax fix and it better be save game compatible.

Currently on january 2016 and still have around 10M in the bank. Very young squad and have off loaded Jonjo Shelvey to Norwich for 11M.

Samed Yesil has been banging the goals in his first season. Despite his stats not being tremendous.

Hopefully the tax issue gets fixed very soon so can continue the save!

Currently on january 2016 and still have around 10M in the bank. Very young squad and have off loaded Jonjo Shelvey to Norwich for 11M.

Samed Yesil has been banging the goals in his first season. Despite his stats not being tremendous.

Shelvey is very good but his acceleration is a problem unless you play him as a deep-lying playmaker. And he takes too many long shots. Yesil has the right stats for a poacher. Good finishing and composure. Place shots is a huge bonus too.

Just checked and Yesil has 15(12) appereances and has banged in 16 goals in total. All competitions which 12 has been in the league. This is the 1st season he actually been playing in the 1st squad.

Shelvey definately is not an bad player but have Joe Allen performing and few youngsters coming up thus Shelvey became excess player. Definately good player and as said his pace is the only problem!

Does anyone bother with mind games? My coaches are always advising it but I never do it because I dislike that aspect of the modern game and those managers that engage in it. I never respond to Wenger or similar coaches. I occasionally praise other managers to build relationships like Rafa or Villanova at Barca but I never say anything about those managers I don't like. It doesn't help that the media engine needs a lot more work so it is less repetitive and annoying.

My team morale is generally very good as the squad are really settled and I've been winning a lot. It's funny the morale boost winning a crappy competition like the European Super Cup can bring. The whole squad turned Superb after we won that and I think that's a big part of my 10 game winning streak.

Oh I play mind games. I'm Nellie. I manage Liverpool F'kin football Club and I'm putting my team out against yours next. :D

More seriously I don't play mind games per sé, I find it really hard to determine whether anything I've ever said makes any difference apart from that time when I criticised Patrik Berger, who then scored a hatrick, and the commentary said something along the lines of "Showing his manager what he thinks of that comment".

I don't criticise players, managers or other clubs. If a player did play a blinder then I'll admit as much in the press conference and aside from a few managers that I don't like in RL I'll generally be nice about them if I'm asked. Equally I don't admonish my players in public either. I still feel that I do OK despite my hamfisted attempts at "mind games" whenever I have a go at them, so it's easier to be neutral and let the results do the talking I find.

Still on my initial fact finding game too and just about clinging onto first place come new year. My first team squad is ok, but theres a huge reliance on suarez, Lucas and Gerrard (heh). Surprisingly, Henderson is pretty good in my game as is Shelvey. Allen is pretty poor but I just picked up Cornelius as a cheap striker and for the money he could be an absolute monster.

I know the trend is to get downing off the wage books, but if you play with wingers he is worth hanging on to if you don't have a cheaper replacement. I'm not his mum, honest, but he's playing a blinder for me at the moment. If he played half as good in real life as he is on my save at the moment...

Apparent fix for the tax issue is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327458-club-tax-is-insane!!!-my-juventus-loses-2-3-millions-pounds-each-month?p=8294481&viewfull=1#post8294481

But it's not an SI patch and you do have to start a new game I think, and use the FM13 Editor to do it. But maybe the patch is save compatible? Who knows.

September updates

League

Vs Arsenal 1-0 Enrique

Vs Wigan 3-1 Borini 2,Sterling

Vs QPR 1-0 Sterling

Vs Newcastle 0-0

Europa league

Vs Elfsborg 2-1 Coates,Suso

League cup 3rd round

Vs Man City 4-6 Kelly,Shelvey,Yesil,Morgan

Was a better month used my kids in the Europa league & League cup got knocked out of the league cup the only worry is Suarez hasn't scored at all this season maybe in october he will start lost Gerrard for 2 months using 4-2-3-1 & 5-3-2 against the stronger teams away

Had the game for 3 weeks, not had time to play it other than right now - logged in to the forums to see the finances are ruined by this tax bug, so I'd really, really like to know whether or not the bug fix will be save compatible, else I won't bother...

In regards to the LFC squad this season, I see you're all selling the usual suspects; Downing, Doni, Jones, Cole etc, how much are you realistically selling all of these for? The amount the club starts with is realistic but ridiculous.

Wonderkids, worth signing? I was thinking of implementing a tactic around Suarez in the "inside forward" role cutting in from the left. Anyone else tried this with any luck?

October

The board finished the expansion of Anfield and it now holds 55000 people, hopefully in a few years there will be news about a new stadium aha

Premier League

Liverpool 3:2 Newcastle; Sterling 51, 87, Falcao 67; Ba 15, Cisse 77

Liverpool 3:0 Wigan; Sterling 13, Allen 30, Suarez 47

Liverpool 4:0 Swansea; Suarez 4, 46, Sterling 50, Skrtel 67

Champions league group match

Liverpool 0:3 Real Madrid; Ronaldo 25, 70, Varane 45

Liverpool 3:0 Dinamo; Suarez 26, 89, Borini 77

Capital one cup 4th round

Liverpool 3:2 Leicester; Carrasco 5, Fierro 52, 91; Marino 8, Drinkwater 28. In a match that had Fierro, Yesil, Cooper, Carrasco, Hagele and Laskowski all playing for at least 60 minutes I cant say it was a bad result.

Player of the month

Sterling bagging himself 4 league goals, a lot of his techincal stats still aren't amazing but he's still rated at 5 star potential and is a 3 star player now. Also he's only 19 so.....

Archived