FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

An exciting end to the first season, winning both the euro cup and premier league (only 78 points were needed to win it) to add to the league cup win earlier in the season. To make it even better, the league was won on the last day of the season with a 1-0 win away to... everton haha

Time now to prepare for the second season and sign a new left winger (thanks to those who made some suggestions earlier in the thread, i'll take a look at those).

You should check whether Mario Götze is available.. young and immense player!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So i just started my second season won first 2 prem games and beat Man utd in the super cup.

Big outgoings this summer managed to get rid of all the top earners bar gerrard. So my first team is very young atm hope i can just get by this season and develop my youngsters alot.

screenshot00002jy.png

Do you have any players left?!?! Wow, thats huge, look forward to seeing your new team.

Dissapointing 3rd season. Finished 4th in the league (thanks to a last day win against champions Man City)...first half of the season I was on for a title challange but couldn't pull it off. Made it to the champions league final however! Beat Celtic in the semi's!!! Then lost 2-1 to Barca in the final after extra time! :(

4th season has started very well though. Top of the table in December and qualified top of my champions league group (ironically with both Celtic and Barca in my group!!) so it's looking good! I spent big in the summer to make the push, bringing in El Shaawary, Inigo Martinez, Marc Andre Ter-Stagen, Gabbiandani (sp?) and a CM who has completey escaped my memory!!

Lineup looks like this;

------------------Ter Stagen---------------

-Walker------Agger--------Skrtel---Robinson-

--------------------Bender------------------

-------------???-----------Arouca-----------

-El Shaawary------------------------Neymar-

------------------Huntelaar------------------

Subs:

Kameni

Martinez

Enrique

Allen

Torje

Tweed (regen)

Gabbiandani (or Ba)

Do you have any players left?!?! Wow, thats huge, look forward to seeing your new team.

Here this is my current starting 11

screenshot00003vd.png

Still a long way from ultimate potential but apart from a couple of errors from Butland we've been pretty good so far this season.

I won the Euro Cup. Beat Newcastle on penalties in the final after dominating in absolutely every way possible but they still grab a completely undeserved goal. Summed up just how flawed the match engine is right now. Getting a bit sick of it at this point. I can't seem to keep a clean sheet or get the team closing down like the AI can despite instruction being set.

You should check whether Mario Götze is available.. young and immense player!

Unfortunately he has got 'no intention' of joining the english champions... oh well, his loss. i've added him to my shortlist though as he looks immense, will check back with him at end of summer and see if he has changed his mind.

Well.. lost the Community Shield to Chelsea. They outplayed us and we were handed 1-0 loss.

Also handed tough CL group with AS Roma, Real Madrid and Trnava. We visited Santiago Bernabeu and managed to lose only 1-0 there with reserves.

Thus far have played 8 games in the league. We have won 6, 1 draw (away to Fulham) and 1 loss (away to Mancheter City). The goal diffrence is +18... and we are 2nd 3 points behind Manchester Utd.

Only big team we have faced has been Tottenham and we 3-2 at home. Despite being 1-2 down on the halftime. I gave very harsh teamtalk and Mario Götze made two assits late in the game.

Raheem Sterling has been on fire for me. The kid has scored 10 goals in 8 games. Luis Suarez is continuing his on/off runs but have done 7 goals in 8 games.

Mario Götze is leading the assits in the league with 5 and Stevan Jovetic also has made 4.

Anfield road has recieved 9500 new seats and that is welcome news since we are making loss of 5M per month.

I'am continuing to give younsters playing minutes.. and only new face to that bunch is Jordan Ibe. He is not ready yet but has promising stats which can turn good. My coaching staff rate 4,5 stars.

Unfortunately he has got 'no intention' of joining the english champions... oh well, his loss. i've added him to my shortlist though as he looks immense, will check back with him at end of summer and see if he has changed his mind.

Oh.. my DOF signed him so maybe he did some of his magics. He is top class and I got him for +30M in the second season.

Review season 1

League:4th

Fa cup:5th round

Capital one cup:Q/F

Europa League:1st round knockout

Disappointed could have done better in the cups least i got 4th place Jovetic was my star signing for season 2 ill post my transfers later on

November

Premier League

Liverpool 0:1 Stoke; Graham 49

Liverpool 3:0 Watford; Agger 12, Falcao 12, pen 66

Liverpool 3:1 Everton; Gerrard 5, Falcao 22, Kelly 26; Pienaar 39

Liverpool 5:0 Man Utd; Falcao 15, 20, 45, Suarez 52, Borini 85

Champions League Group Match

Liverpool 2:4 Olympiakos; Borini 19, Coates 33; Fuster 3, 39, Bjebbour 16, Tanase 46

Liverpool 2:0 Parma; Borini 1, Suso 14

Loaned player stats

Laskowski; 4 matches, 0 goals, 4 assists, 1 yellow, 0 reds, player rating 7.55

Flannagnan; 15 matches, 0 goals, 1 assist, 7 yellows, 0 reds, player rating 7.61

Wilson; 13 matches, 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 yellows, 0 reds, player rating 6.98

Cooper; 9 matches, 2 goals, 5 assists, 0 yellows, 0 reds, player rating 6.96

Ibe; 1 match, 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 yellows, 0 reds, player rating 7.50

Fierro; 20 matches, 12 goals, 0 assists, 0 yellows, 0 reds, player rating 7.15

Yesil; 18 games, 8 goals, 3 assists, 0 yellows, 0 reds, player rating 7.30

Thoughts

I thought it was going to be a bad month since the Stoke and Olympiakos games were the first two of the month, after that the players mood that plummeted and all the arrows were in that downward red one. Lucky we picked up 4 wins out of the next 4 games scoring 13 goals and Falcao getting 5 of them, best £24m spent in the game, if only he was younger in it aha. He's topping the scoring charts for the league since all 12 of his have come in it, next season both he and Suarez will be tutoring Yesil and Fierro. If he keeps this up once the season has ended I'll post how many minutes between goals for him, oddly though he scored 3 against Utd and I think it was 3 against City too

Hey lads, just started a new save!

Unlike a lot of people i'm actually not making many changes in or out.

Doni has gone for £1.2m, but so far that's it. I dont like downing or cole but i'm not selling them at the moment as theres no replacements out there i want. I did agree a contract with Hatem Ben Arfa but the money-grabber decided to go to chelsea for £20k a week more, so if he had signed downing or cole would have been on the list.

As are most of you, loooking to play controlling/attacking football. Wish me luck

Just started my Liverpool save :D

Had a look at the wages and they are ridiculous (I don't like high wages on FM) so I'm trying to get rid of high earners without getting rid of first team players :D

I'm gunna try and play a possession based game and use the youngsters, trying to sign Hyam from Ipswich as he looks like he could take over from Lucas in the future. But Ipswich are being stubborn :|

Something may have just clicked in my save. We just played two games on the trot; away to Levante (4-0 )and then away to Newcastle (2-1) and the team played beautifully. Good possession, lots of movement and incisive passing when needed. I've got Borini playing in the AMR position as an IF-A and set to run through channels and he is on fire (2 goals, 1 assist, 9.40 rating against Levante). I also need to make a special mention for Suso - he's given me a selection headache as the team plays so much better with him in the AMC role than Gerrard.

Hoi Hoi chaps. Picked up the game about a week ago, but have only just found some time to have a look at it. What I have learned so far is that I don't have a clue what is going on :D

I set the MD to handle loans and before I knew what was going on Robinson, Flanagan, Suso, Flanagan, Yesil and just about every other promising youngster was loaned out leaving a pretty small squad even smaller! On the plus side I'm getting a very good idea of who in the first team is likely to be worth hanging onto.

I simply loaded my FM12 4-2-3-1 tactic while I have a look at what is going on, figure out what works and what doesn't and considering how much the game hammers you on familiarity with a new tactic its too early to figure out what needs tweaking at the moment, but 4 games in I'm 3rd in the premiership and could go top if I can win my games in hand. We seem to be shipping a lot of goals and it's the usual story of dominating games, having 10-20 times as many shots and being pegged back by teams that should be being beaten comfortably. But that's the purpose of the first game, sort out the tactics, get an idea of how FM squad compares to your own opinion (Henderson appears not to be the opposition's 12th Man in my FM!!) and figure out where the bargains are to be had.

Not sold anyone other than Doni, not because I didn't want to but I had no takers for Cole and Downing especially but for me, Downing is actually doing ok at the moment, he's the second highest scorer in the PL so far and adds some much needed depth to the squad. Cole is just a waste of wages though.

wowzers!

I've not played FM properly for a good 7 years or so, so be gentle.

I downloaded the demo coz i was bored and had a couple of saves with lfc on the quick play mode, got sacked in December and not going to let it beat me i have ordered the full game which should be here tomorrow. And in true FM style i have booked Friday off work to get cracking with it.

Jesus this game has changed so much, loads to get my head round.... 1st season is like most here trying to cut the wages and develop some youngsters whilst picking up some frees to stop me getting the boot.

Watch out for my stupid questions............

Just started the first season with liverpool and into september:

Main Transfer Points:

Ins: Wellington Nem (3.5m), Demba Ba (7m), Isco (17.5m), Montoya (loan), Craig Gordon (Free)

Outs: Johnson (19.5m), Cole (loan - norwich), Downing (18m to fulham over 30months), Doni (2.5m), Jones (1m)

I have been playing a 4-2-2-2

---------Reina------------

Kelly--Agger-Srktel--Montoya

----Allen--Gerrard/Sahin-------

Isco---------------------Nem

------Suarez------BA---------

I've played around 5/6 games so far and so far undefeated but finding it really difficult scoring goals and breaking teams down. Also, i have got really good youngsters and want them to develop nicely such as Suso/Kelly/Sterling/Isco/Nem etc does anybody have any training that they have used to get the best out of them?

NB - thinking of seling Reina in Jan and bringing in Ter Stegen because he has let in too many soft goals and dont feel assured by him.

Ok, stupid question time. I normally put all my senior players that I'm not trying to sell into the senior team and make them available for the reserves. How do I stop making them available for the reserves? The only way I've found thus far is to drop them totally into the reserves and then promote them back into the seniors again. Just done this with Agger who I had "available until match fit" and it's made him unhappy. Fortunately an apology seems to have sorted it out but I don't want to upset my entire team over the course of the season.

Played 10, Won 1, Lost 2, drawn 7

Any advice?

Used a 5-5-0 tactic seeing as Suarez has done his cruciate - and turned my season around. Gerrard, Shelvey and Borini / Ademilson upfront. Trouble is - I have trouble beating the bigger teams. Only beaten Arsenal once after they got a man sent off. The others seem impossible to beat. I'm now 5th / 6th with 5 games to go.

I also use the Hydra tactic sometimes, this enabled me to go all the way to the FA Cup Final. But I'll play Man City there so I doubt I'll win.

So doing better but not great. I hardly play Sterling or Downing at all as I just can't seem to find a good tactic with wingers.

My exploratory game might end up being my first career save :D

My Wingers are doing very nicely thank you :D from trying to cash in on Downing I'm thinking I should keep hold of him. Granted it's early days, the first season is still only 7 games old (though we're currently top after 5!). I've done a little tweaking of the 4-2-3-1 from FM12 but only minor tweaks and Suarez, Downing and Sterling from wide positions are my top league scorers. In the interests of getting the wage bill down I might still try and shift on Downing at the end of the season, he's still not good enough to justify those wages :)

I got Lucas to tutor him. I also played him a lot last season. I only really played the younger players in the Euro Cup too. He's even better now, his tackling is at 16.

Ah cheers, can't get Lucas to tutor for some reason, it's "greyed" out, which is weird since Sahin is a year younger and he can tutor lol.

wowzers!

I've not played FM properly for a good 7 years or so, so be gentle.

I downloaded the demo coz i was bored and had a couple of saves with lfc on the quick play mode, got sacked in December and not going to let it beat me i have ordered the full game which should be here tomorrow. And in true FM style i have booked Friday off work to get cracking with it.

Jesus this game has changed so much, loads to get my head round.... 1st season is like most here trying to cut the wages and develop some youngsters whilst picking up some frees to stop me getting the boot.

Watch out for my stupid questions............

Good luck! We're all here to help and answer questions and help each other out.

Yes ive done it won the 2nd leg 3-0 to win 3-2 on agg against Fenerbahce now im in the group stage :p

Nice one mate :thup:

December

Premier league

Liverpool 0:2 Spurs; Sosa 21, Dempsey 89

Liverpool 2:1 Norwich; Assaidi 19, Borini 45; Butterfield 92

Liverpool 0:2 Fulham; Berbatov pen 13, petric 52

Liverpool 3:2 Newcastle; Allen 1, Isco 42, 91; Cisse 7, Lavovic 22

Liverpool 3:0 Westham; Borini 13, Agger 57, Shelvey 92

Liverpool 3:0 Wolves; Falcao 21, Griezmann 70, Coates 90

Champions League group match

Liverpool 3:3 Lyon; Falcao 21, 90, Assaidi 79; Gomis 18, Lopez 34, 59

Again the month started with a defeat, 2 in 3 league matches which was annoying but again things turned around with the Newcastle game. The draw against Lyon let me finish top of the group, and I'll be facing Leverkusen in the first knockout round. I played them in the Europa league last season going through 4-2 over the two matches, hopefully things will go the same way this time around.

I had lost my first europa group match 2-0, after admittedly putting a weakened team and then went on the win all the remaining games with ease and qualified top with a game to spare and even still I used my second string for that and they will won. The two goals conceded in the first loss were the only goals conceded...proud!

That aside, Coates is a BEAST.

Gerrard has been injured twice in my save and I'm in December right now.

I've made a good start to season 2. Winning 4-0 away at Norwich who aren't bad and beating Wigan 2-0 at home. The Wigan game was frustrating as we dominated completely but found it difficult to get past their keeper as Borini missed a hatful of chances. I like Borini but his composure really lets him down in one-on-ones so he can sometimes have a terrible game. Has anyone managed to increase his composure much?

Jovetic has settled immediately and looks a brilliant player. Ademilison scored on his league debut and looks a fantastic buy for £5.2m. Those are the only two first team additions made in the summer so the squad is really settled and harmonious.

Team is:

GK: Adler/Butland

RB: Kelly/McLaughlin

CBr: Skrtel/Coates

CBl :Agger/Doria

LB: Wilson/Robinson

MCr: Lucas/Jadson

MCl: Allen/Shelvey

AML: Jovetic/Sterling

AMC: Dzagoev/Gerrard

AMR: Wellington Nem/Redmond

ST: Borini/Ademilison

I now also have all 4 and 1/2 star coaches and my youth and training facilities will both be upgraded next month. I also managed to get the board to expand the stadium to 51,000. I have about £55m in the bank. I really hope it doesn't get turned down for planning permission.

I've made a good start to season 2. Winning 4-0 away at Norwich who aren't bad and beating Wigan 2-0 at home. The Wigan game was frustrating as we dominated completely but found it difficult to get past their keeper as Borini missed a hatful of chances. I like Borini but his composure really lets him down in one-on-ones so he can sometimes have a terrible game. Has anyone managed to increase his composure much?

Tell him to focus his individual training on composure whilst at the same time tell him to learn to "place shots" as a ppm

Just drew 2 league games in a row in a fixture congested December. Need to win! Great another draw...seems like what happened in the last save is happening again! What ********. The ME is ****...players can't tackle for ****. Borini comes back from injury and gets two in 4-0 win over S'hampton. finally a win after ages!

Only 3 points separates 3rd to 7th (with 8th and 9th placed teams having a game in hand and are both only 6 points behind 3rd place)

Got CSKA Moscow for 1st k/o for Europa.

Tell him to focus his individual training on composure whilst at the same time tell him to learn to "place shots" as a ppm

Just drew 2 league games in a row in a fixture congested December. Need to win! Great another draw...seems like what happened in the last save is happening again! What ********. The ME is ****...players can't tackle for ****. Borini comes back from injury and gets two in 4-0 win over S'hampton. finally a win after ages!

Only 3 points separates 3rd to 7th (with 8th and 9th placed teams having a game in hand and are both only 6 points behind 3rd place)

Got CSKA Moscow for 1st k/o for Europa.

If thats in the first season that December is insane, I had 10 games in it

Ok, stupid question time. I normally put all my senior players that I'm not trying to sell into the senior team and make them available for the reserves. How do I stop making them available for the reserves? The only way I've found thus far is to drop them totally into the reserves and then promote them back into the seniors again. Just done this with Agger who I had "available until match fit" and it's made him unhappy. Fortunately an apology seems to have sorted it out but I don't want to upset my entire team over the course of the season.

You just need to go through the menu to the option you picked and click again to remove availability for reserves. It should be highlighted or checked but for whatever reason is not this year, had me stumped at first too.

How are people training Sterling? My coaches tell me I should be training his strength but let's face it he's never going to be strong. Ever. Should I just focus on his pace and acceleration (his strengths) or strength (his weakness)? I feel like getting Sterling to realise his potential is going to be very difficult given how poor his technical attributes are.

Archived