FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised how well jonjo shelvey has played for me. Raheem sterling and daniel pacheco made a good backup and allows you to play with much faster pace. What are your opinions on jack robinson? good enough as jose enrique backup? What about joe cole? he does not really stand out and quite old. Do you guys sell him?

I am surprised how well jonjo shelvey has played for me. Raheem sterling and daniel pacheco made a good backup and allows you to play with much faster pace. What are your opinions on jack robinson? good enough as jose enrique backup? What about joe cole? he does not really stand out and quite old. Do you guys sell him?
Couldn't sell Cole, but Norwich took him on loan. Paid just 10% of his wages though.

So my new formation and signings seem to be showing signs of improvement!

Outplayed Stoke on the first day for a 3-1 victory, only a slow Carragher making a mistake for there goal.

Had 28 shots against a west ham side although the game ended 2-2. I think only 2 of my chances were clear.

Taken the Carling Cup less seriously this year. Gave Cornelius a start and he scored, good to see. Shelvey with the 2nd to round of a 2-nil win over Barnsley

Just got drawn against my beloved Charlton in the next round!

Both Shelvey and Solly will play against there former team for sure!

So I had started a new game....here are my transfers:

Out:

Suarez - £25m to Chelsea (needed the money)

Agger - straight swapped for Ben Arfa

Enrique - straight swap for Oxlade Chamberlain (much better than the Suarez swap for him!)

Johnson - £19.5m to Chelsea

Reina - £22.5m to Arsenal

Wilson - £2m

Doni - £1.5m

Downing, Shelvey, Cole, Hendo and some other players gone on loan.

Total out: £71m

In:

Oxlade

Ben Arfa

Nem - £3.5m

Adam Campbell - tribunal for £650k (or thereabouts)

Benatia - £11.25m

Adryan - £875k

Doria - £475k

Okore - £1.3m

Ademilson - £5.25m

Rodrigo - £15m

Mandanda - £11.25m

Jadson - £11m

Matthew Adams - £4.5m

Bolatti on loan

Total in: £64m

Happy with my transfers, although players have gone to rival teams in the league but nothing can be done about that! Wage budget is still less than before I think, pretty sure it is. It's a younger squad I feel so won't be needed to many transfers in the future I feel.

So I had started a new game....here are my transfers:

Out:

Suarez - £25m to Chelsea (needed the money)

Agger - straight swapped for Ben Arfa

Enrique - straight swap for Oxlade Chamberlain (much better than the Suarez swap for Himalayan!)

Johnson - £19.5m to Chelsea

Reina - £22.5m to Arsenal

Wilson - £2m

Doni - £1.5m

Downing, Shelvey, Cole, Hendo and some other players gone on loan.

Total out: £71m

In:

Oxlade

Ben Arfa

Nem - £3.5m

Adam Campbell - tribunal for £650k (or thereabouts)

Benatia - £11.25m

Adryan - £875k

Doria - £475k

Okore - £1.3m

Ademilson - £5.25m

Rodrigo - £15m

Mandanda - £11.25m

Jadson - £11m

Matthew Adams - £4.5m

Bolatti on loan

Total in: £64m

Happy with my transfers, although players have gone to rival teams in the league but nothing can be done about that! Wage budget is still less than before I think, pretty sure it is.

Made some bold outgoings there but should be a fun game, good luck mate

Could someone tell me how they're getting these kinds of transfer fees for players like Cole, Downing etc? I've got them both first season in my squad but neither are playing and no one seems to be offering anything for them except for loans with 0% wages...yet people are selling Downing for £19.5m?!

On a further note, what does everyone do with Suarez? The guy has been utterly awful for me whatever his position...

And on the point about Suarez, does anyone know how to stop him diving? He's been sent off for diving twice and I'm only on 1st November 2012!!!

hey guys,

just finished my first season! won the premier league by 3 points, followed by the manchester clubs.

knocked out of the league cup on the first round away to leicester (WTF!)

knocked out of the fa cup on the first round away to spurs (oh well)

knocked out the uefa cup on the quarter finals to celtic (!) on away goals (and their dubious penalty)

TRANSFERS OUT:

- Jonhson to Spurs (17,5M GBP)

- J Cole to Norwich (loan + 2M GBP future fee)

- S Downing to Fulham (loan + 19,75M GBP future fee)

- Doni to M City (1,2M GBP)

TRANSFERS IN:

- Wellington Nem (3,5M GBP)

- Demba Ba (7M GBP)

- Dzagoev (Free in January)

Played 4-2-3-1 almost all season, attacking, fluid, attacking full backs and inside forwards, bla bla the usual.

First games were crazy, i'd suffer loads of goals but would score even more! As the season progressed the defence started leaking less but the attack also started to miss more LOL

Nevertheless, finish the league with best attack and defense.

Btw, people talk about Reina. I was frustrated with him so many times, he was a sure sell in the summer. BUT, when looking at the league's stats for the season, nobody had more clean sheets, nobody suffered less goals and he had the highest average rating of all keepers!! Looks like he is staying although I want to get ter Stegen in the summer.

Biggest disappointment was Enrique, fantastic first half of the season then absolutely woeful from february on, never did he have a game with a rating higher than 5! I had to play Agger there and Wilson in the center as Robinson is good but still to young.

Also Coates is horrible with me, 6.1 avg rating! On the other hand, Wilson is a beast! He always performs well!

Main transfer targets this summer will be a LB and a RB as Enrique and Kelly need solid competition because they slack sometimes, especially Enrique as I mentioned!

YNWA!!

Could someone tell me how they're getting these kinds of transfer fees for players like Cole, Downing etc? I've got them both first season in my squad but neither are playing and no one seems to be offering anything for them except for loans with 0% wages...yet people are selling Downing for £19.5m?!

On a further note, what does everyone do with Suarez? The guy has been utterly awful for me whatever his position...

And on the point about Suarez, does anyone know how to stop him diving? He's been sent off for diving twice and I'm only on 1st November 2012!!!

Not really sure about how to get that much for some players, I guess you have to be lucky but apparently some people are offering him with payment being over 48 months and Fulham apparently bite.

In my previous save, Suarez played good with another striker, both as poachers, mainly with Borini though. But on the topic of diving, I've no idea, that's happened for me with Gerrard too.

i really havent gotten into a game yet, really struggled against certain teams. Stoke for instance Crouch is unplayable and fulhams hangeland pretty much scores from every corner. On the plus side Borini is pretty lethal for me just need a tactic to tighten things at the back.

I have Borini as a poacher at the ST position. Suarez as an Inside Forward Support at AMR, Gerrard as a Trequarista on AMC and Wellington Nem on Inside Forward Support at AML. Allen is a Deep-lying player maker on support and Lucas is a Ball-winning midfielder on Defend. Fullbacks are on support.

I play Fluid and Control with Short Passing, Cautious Tackling and Press More.

Yeah, should be fun :D cheers mate. How's your save going?

Not too bad havent had much time to play, I've bought Demba Ba and am trying to sell doni, downing and Cole

I play Suarez as either poacher or DLFA

I have been really REALLY successful with Liverpool. However I am playing a formation I WOULD NEVER NORMALLY PLAY.

Its 3 - 6 - 1.

3 CB's

2 WB's

2 MC

2 AM

1 ST

Won league and euros losing only once in league AWAY TO FULHAM!?!?! Downing scored 2 btw!!!

Haha

Second season just as successful however I have a much better team after selling suarez for 30m and buying a lot of young stars like Santon etc.

I have been really REALLY successful with Liverpool. However I am playing a formation I WOULD NEVER NORMALLY PLAY.

Its 3 - 6 - 1.

3 CB's

2 WB's

2 MC

2 AM

1 ST

Won league and euros losing only once in league AWAY TO FULHAM!?!?! Downing scored 2 btw!!!

Haha

Second season just as successful however I have a much better team after selling suarez for 30m and buying a lot of young stars like Santon etc.

Nice one

Hi lads loading up just in 4th place may still lose it though

Good luck mate

Started my first of probably many liverpool saves over the weekend, first season went well won EURO cup and finished second in the league!

First Season signings:

IN

Steve Mandanda - 11.25m

Martin Montoya - Loan No monthly fee 50% wages bargain!

Juan Sanchez Mino - Loan Eventually signed for 3.5m handy LB for cover.

Raul Albiol - Loan

Victor Wanyama - 9m

Isco - 17.5m This guy is the nuts!!

Adryan - 875k

Zakaria Bakkali - 575k Borrel signed him for the resurves looks pretty decent.

Sreven Jovetic - 22m AMAZING! Finished joint top scorer in the PL with 25 goals first season!

+ Salvatore Bocchetti will sign for free end of the season.

OUT

Pepe Reina - 20m

Brad Jones - 625k

Doni - 1.6m

Martin Kelly - 10m

Joe Cole - Loan

Stewart Downing - 20m

Pacheco - 1m

Luis Suarez - 37m Really didn't want to sell but cant get him to score :(

+ Random loans of youngsters

Was pretty happy with the seasons signings was sad to see Suarez go though!! All together I sold for 90m and bought for 65m slashing the wage bill in the process!

Hey Lads. Finished my first season.

Ended up 6th but only a game out of Champ Lge. Won the Euro cup. Kncoked out early in both the capital one and FA cup. First season signing of Nem and Ademilson both won value signings of the year, Ademilson finsihed with 25 goals, Nem with 12 assists.

Second season in, just bought Andrea Poli for 20m and Butland for 5m. Focus is on youth, bringing through Sterling, Robinson, Mclaughlan, Ibe, Kelly and Shelvey.

Goals:

-Champ Lge Finish

-Back to back Euro Cups

-Expand stadium

-Have 5 players in the England world cup team

4 games in so far, havent lost and just beat Barcelona 2-0 in the Super cup.

About to start an 8 hour shift at work, where i can play my FM save. The dream!

So I've just got to the end of the January transfer window, still in 1st place and undefeated (with A LOT of draws), but out of both cups and just sneaking through in Europe.

My transfers have been nothing like most peoples' on here as I seemed unable to generate any cash whatsoever from selling anyone: -

Transfers out:

Doni £1.5m

Shelvey, Sterling, Suso, Pacheco, Flanagan, Robinson, Cole, Coady and Wisdom all out on loan.

Transfers in:

Jordan Ayew (for 3 months as that is all they'd give him to me for)

Guillhaume Hoarau (loan - although he has barely played)

Marco Verrati (on loan from Jan - May)

Mario Bolatti (loan to provide cover for Lucas)

Juan Sanchez-Mino (loan to provide cover at LB where I've also trained Wilson)

John Guidetti (loan - been my best striker this season incidentally!)

Craig Gordon (3rd choice GK although he's been injured all season!)

Artem Milevsky (loan Jan - May as cover and options up front)

Adryan (£875,000 - as everyone is doing!)

Karim Ait Fana (as cover on both wings as I hoped I'd have sold Downing by now. He's actually been exellent despite his cheap £2.6m fee)

I have already arranged a few free transfer signing for next summer in Bocchetti, Destro, Viviano and Sulejmani to provide options and some slightly older faces. It has been a really interesting game so far and I am waiting for the inevitable drop off in performances, although at the same time, Suarez, Borini etc haven't really been firing up to this stage so I think it could still improve...

Any thoughts on what I should do?

First save on FM13 - I went as Liverpool as I hardly ever manage them. It's been a disaster. I have tried my trusted 4-1-3-2 and I got beat by Maritimo.

I have tried wingers with 2 in centre midfield. Couldn't beat swansea or West Brom.

I resorted to the FM07 Classic tactic of 5-1-2-2 (wing backs, DM, 2CM, 2ST) and I managed to win a game. Suarez has done his cruciate ligaments, Gerrard has torn his hamstring. League stats:

Played 10, Won 1, Lost 2, drawn 7

Any advice?

As anyone who followed the FM12 Lille thread will know, I play FM hilariously slowly due to family commitments and my own OCD when it comes to scouting.

With this in mind, I've now reached September in the first season! :lol:

My final transfer dealings are:

In

Sidney Sam (Season Loan)

Craig Gordon (Free)

Adryan (£875k)

Andreas Cornelius (£2mil)

Out

Doni (£1.2mil)

Cole, Coady, Ngoo, Wisdom, Flanagan (All Season loan)

Four games in and we're sitting in 11th after the following results:

Swansea (H): 1-1 (Sam)

Wigan (A): 0-0

Arsenal (H): 0-1

Aston Villa (H): 2-0 (Suso, Borini)

We also managed to scrape through into the Europa cup group stages thanks to a 4-2 aggregate win over Ventspils. Our group looks (on paper) a relatively easy one: Levante, Tromso and, uhm, someone from Eastern Europe who's name I forget.

While I'm happy with the formation now, I'm struggling to find the best combination of players and am still finding it hard to break down defences mainly due to the STR and AMC being too static. Having said that. we just produced our best display of the season against Villa and the line up was*:

GK: Reina

DL: Robinson

DC: Skrtel

DC: Coates

DR: Kelly

MC: Leiva

MC: Sahin

AML: Downing

AMC: Suso

AMR: Borini

STR: Suarez

*Gordon, Gerrard, Shelvey, Agger & Johnson injured.

First save on FM13 - I went as Liverpool as I hardly ever manage them. It's been a disaster. I have tried my trusted 4-1-3-2 and I got beat by Maritimo.

I have tried wingers with 2 in centre midfield. Couldn't beat swansea or West Brom.

I resorted to the FM07 Classic tactic of 5-1-2-2 (wing backs, DM, 2CM, 2ST) and I managed to win a game. Suarez has done his cruciate ligaments, Gerrard has torn his hamstring. League stats:

Played 10, Won 1, Lost 2, drawn 7

Any advice?

You get backroom advice at the start of the game telling you what formation you should use, it's best to go with one of them because Liverpool don't have the players to many others right at the start. Try setting it as fluid and control with some shouts as well. Also trying out 3 formations in the first ten games is kind of stupid no matter what time you pick, the team won't have the time to get used to them so of course you'll be getting beat a lot.

Pick one formation you'll use for 90% of the time, which is usually a 4-2-3-1 for Liverpool and then another for the bigger games, something like a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-3 to help you out in the midfield

Started playing as Liverpool a few days go.

I am using Zero Sea's tactic.

I mainly wanted to reduce the wage bill and strengthen up front.

Sold Downing for 13m to.. you guessed it Fulham

Cole has gone on loan to Norwich

Doni was on his way to Man City but then got injured

I bought Wellington Nem 3.5

Demba Ba 7m

Wages have decreased slightly but I am now worried about the finances.

I am losing money it seems. Does this balance out if you qualify for CL?

I am currently sitting in 4th 10 points off 1st with a game in hand.

Suarez, Wellington Nem and Borrini are my top performers.

Hoping to sell Johnson, Skrttel/Agger, Doni, Jones in January.

I want to rid myself of Carra's 85k wages. If I get rid will I be hung? I'd happily sell Gerrard too but I know that would result in a mutiny.

To start making money at LFC am I looking at qualifying for CL as my only option without selling my top stars?

So far I have inflicted the 3 defeats that have got managers sacked Fulham(18th), Newcastle (14th) West Brom (20th)

I want to rid myself of Carra's 85k wages. If I get rid will I be hung? I'd happily sell Gerrard too but I know that would result in a mutiny.

I'm trying to get rid of Carragher's wages too. I tried the old trick of asking him to be a player/coach then offering him a new contract, but it didn't work. I'm going to have to wait until the end of the season to get rid of I think and just hope I get £85k per weeks worth of tutoring!

I'm trying to get rid of Carragher's wages too. I tried the old trick of asking him to be a player/coach then offering him a new contract, but it didn't work. I'm going to have to wait until the end of the season to get rid of I think and just hope I get £85k per weeks worth of tutoring!

Haha I tried that also. The best I could get him down to was 56k, I thought for a coach that was a wee too much

Carragher retired for me after seaso one! His wages are bad though as said.

As for the finances. Yes, CL revenue helps but you will still be making significant monthly loss unless you cut your wage bill. Easier said that done...

You get backroom advice at the start of the game telling you what formation you should use, it's best to go with one of them because Liverpool don't have the players to many others right at the start. Try setting it as fluid and control with some shouts as well. Also trying out 3 formations in the first ten games is kind of stupid no matter what time you pick, the team won't have the time to get used to them so of course you'll be getting beat a lot.

Pick one formation you'll use for 90% of the time, which is usually a 4-2-3-1 for Liverpool and then another for the bigger games, something like a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-3 to help you out in the midfield

Cheers. It was the first 17 or so games really, including friendlies, europa league and capital one cup.

So pumped. I'm 5 games into season 2 and things are starting to come together, had some lucky results to be 3-1 coming into a crucial game vs Chelsea at Anfield. In this match, everything clicked. At the 40 minute mark I had 74% possession and a 2-0 lead. I ordered my team to play on the counter after that but was still dominating and up 4-0 after an hour when Joe Allen was struck by a horrific challenge and I was forced to withdraw him. Chelsea started to get back into the match then but only managed one shot from inside the box still, which was a wild first-time strike from Torres which bounced of ter Stegen (he's an amazing keeper, but I don't think he's held on to a save yet) and went in somehow. Jovetic ended up with a hatrick and was probably unlucky not to get a couple more. Game ended 4-1 and was the best performance by my young side so far. Last season we struggled against the top sides, but this season we were unlucky to not beat Man City (2-2 with 65% possession and twice as many shots) and we have now thrashed the pants of Chelsea. It's going to be a good season!

Still you're not giving them any time to get used to the formation, you're always going to have trouble if you're swapping them so often before the team can get accomplished with them

Whilst I agree with you, It was reported in the press that I was 1 game away from the sack, so it's pretty difficult not to try and change something from the previous 6 games without a win when you see that!

So i just started my second season won first 2 prem games and beat Man utd in the super cup.

Big outgoings this summer managed to get rid of all the top earners bar gerrard. So my first team is very young atm hope i can just get by this season and develop my youngsters alot.

screenshot00002jy.png

An exciting end to the first season, winning both the euro cup and premier league (only 78 points were needed to win it) to add to the league cup win earlier in the season. To make it even better, the league was won on the last day of the season with a 1-0 win away to... everton haha

Time now to prepare for the second season and sign a new left winger (thanks to those who made some suggestions earlier in the thread, i'll take a look at those).

Archived