FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

Going to hold off patching despite the disintegration in form in the run upto the end of the season as my inexperienced team look to doing the damnedest to bottle a 9 point lead. We just got thrashed by arsenal at home and have them again plus

Manu twice in the last 5 games of the season.

I did manage to beat Chelsea in the euro cup but they put me out of the FA cup. Probably a bonus as I'm now playing games every two days making it hard to field a team at more than 90% condition right now.

Reading the feedback the ME fixes sound good but I fear if I do blow it ill end up blaming the patch.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you are still in the 1st season and dont mind restarting a save then if you use the editor make the tax screen look like this -

NPvYm.png

this fixes the problem and sets the rates to the new rates from the start.

I'll add this to the front post, so people see it.

P.S. Sorry for lack of updates.

Here's my current setup (click for larger images):

8203413081_6494ddbe04.jpg

Season1_tactic

8204504572_0d7c27a1ea_o.jpg

TeamInstructions

8204529994_5453b96037_c.jpg

Selection Stats.

And current League table:

8203449899_65b2f26420_b.jpg

And transfers in:

8203413287_1e2ceaf862_o.jpg

transfersin

My youth coach bought Gregoritsch, he seems ok but not quite ready for the first team yet. Much of Wolf's fee is based on appearances and goals scored, I think I only shelled out £1.5m up front.

That all seems very offensive. What do you do when you have to visit Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, The Etihad etc?

I'm absolutely fuming with this game. Just loaded up and played 3 games, against Sunderland (A), Swansea (H) and Southampton (H), every single game ended up as a draw - it's ridiculous, no matter the result come the last 10 minutes the 3 times would come back and pull the game back! It's not just those 3, I've drawn too many - anyone witnessing this? I'm not sure if it's just because my defence is **** poor or maybe I just don't know how to play the game?

Just shut down anyway, meh.

I'm absolutely fuming with this game. Just loaded up and played 3 games, against Sunderland (A), Swansea (H) and Southampton (H), every single game ended up as a draw - it's ridiculous, no matter the result come the last 10 minutes the 3 times would come back and pull the game back! It's not just those 3, I've drawn too many - anyone witnessing this? I'm not sure if it's just because my defence is **** poor or maybe I just don't know how to play the game?

Just shut down anyway, meh.

Happened to me too in my first save. Drew pretty much 15 out of 20 of my last games in that save. But hopefully with the new ME it'll all be improved etc.

But also, maybe sub off tired defenders and allow time wasting in the last 10 minutes as well as changing to a more defensive formation and mentality.

Finished the season 4... finished just 3 points behind Manchester Utd. We actually were level on points entering the last week. I lost away 2-1 to Chelsea and they beat Norwich 5-0 away.

Oh well, it would not have made any diffrence though since they had better goal diffrence. I think Neymar was the main man for them.

Thankful that the tax issue was sorted and we will buy couple of more experienced players in the summer transfer window.

The kids are still developing and it is a bit amazing that actually got almost 90 points with them.

season4p.th.jpg

Decided to start again; the new ME will take some getting used to and the money saved from tax will be very helpful. Probably gonna do same swap deal for the Ox, but maybe not Ben Arfa...will have to see.

Gonna use Suso and Assaidi a bit more this time round.

Has anyone been reading the thread about AI not developing young players? Someone in there has made and uploaded a massive database that gets rid of the reserves league and replaces it with a B league that counts all the matches as competitive, so if you had a great young regen you'd throw them into that and they'd progress a lot faster than if you'd left them in the reserve league

Enjoying playing the fmc mode and I just had a crazy game in my 2nd league match against arsenal at anfield. Went 4-0 up and though I must of made some great tactic haha then it went 4-1, 5-1, 5-2, 5-3, 5-4 I then thought oh here we got but I ended up getting a 6th :-) so finished 6-4 to me

That all seems very offensive. What do you do when you have to visit Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, The Etihad etc?

The short answer is score more goals than they do :D

The slightly longer answer is that I prefer a standard formation but to chop and changes players and roles within that formation. That's not to say that I won't ever change a formation when it is clear that things aren't working, but I much prefer other teams to have to react to me than the other way round. I do occasionally get a good thrashing but that's the price in some respects for taking the approach to the game that I do.

From my point of view the results speak for themselves, I've lost a couple more games since I took those screen grabs and perhaps rode my luck in what turned out to be a pretty poor season for the Premier League as a whole. That said this was only supposed to be my first trial run of the new game before I started to consider starting my career game proper so I haven't even started preparing a backup tactic yet and that will have to wait until I've tried out the new patch.

[edit] And just wrapped up the PL with a draw against the Mancs as I was writing. Stuffing them at Anfield would have been nice, but it'll do.

January

Premier league

Liverpool 3:1 Reading; Falcao 18, Cooper 31, Yesil 62; Blake 7

Liverpool 0:4 Arsenal; Wilshere 24, 42, Reina og 30, Giroud 80

Liverpool 4:0 Fulham; Borini 1, 8, 20, 22

Liverpool 2:0 Norwich; Falcao 19, Wilson 49

Liverpool 1:6 Man City; Falcao 37; Silva 9, Toure 24, Skrtel og 29, Kompany 32, Tevez pen 69, Holtby 76

FA Cup

Liverpool 3:1 Millwall; Yesil 50, Fierro 83, Suso 89

Liverpool 3:0 Wallsall; Hagele 35, Cooper 43, Yesil 45

Capital one Cup semi final

Liverpool 4:0 Wolves; Suarez 39, Laskowski 60, Isco 77, Borini 83

Liverpool 1:2 Wolves; Fierro 54; Carroll 19, Reo-Coker 42

Took two hidings this month and shipped 10 goals in them, the Arsenal match wasn't as bad as the scoreline says, but the City one was a disgrace. Reina must have been at fault for 4 of their goals, at one point making the same dumbass run Cech did last night, ****ing twice!

Player of the month

Apparently Carrasco

Season Preview 2016/2017

It was more busy summer in terms of transfers than expected.

The below picture sums things thus far. I have still 60M transfers left in the bank in early august so definately can strenghten the squad if needed.

transferspv.th.jpg

As you can see also Sebastian Coates is injured. Big blow and he is out for 4-5 months.

I would say another season where you do not know what to expect.

squade.th.jpg

Season Preview 2016/2017

It was more busy summer in terms of transfers than expected.

The below picture sums things thus far. I have still 60M transfers left in the bank in early august so definately can strenghten the squad if needed.

transferspv.th.jpg

As you can see also Sebastian Coates is injured. Big blow and he is out for 4-5 months.

I would say another season where you do not know what to expect.

squade.th.jpg

Kurt Zouma was expensive but worth it I'm guessing?

I'm literally getting battered left, right and centre in my first season with the new patch. Can't buy a win. Not long until i get fired i fear.

Try changing things around and tinkering...that's what usually works and talk to the squad but don't do it too often as that can have a detrimental effect.

Kurt Zuoma was my main signing and kind of forced get him since Coates got injured badly. As for money wise.. well never have paid 40M for an defender so he better perform.

I think he will start with the new comer straight from Iran!

The big spending FB from Ukraine looks good too.. he can play both flanks so that was an massive thing when decieded bid for him.

I did play two games into the season.. (A) Newcastle 1-1 ... and battered (H) QPR 5-0 at Anfield. Things got into a good start for sure.. now I'am off.

I'm literally getting battered left, right and centre in my first season with the new patch. Can't buy a win. Not long until i get fired i fear.

I'm disgustingly inconsistent. Just went 5 games unbeaten, all with wins and then up against Wigan - they hammer me with what can only be described as an alien like formation. Probably down to the fact I was outnumbered in midfield I just lack any tactical incompetence to counter it.

It took me a long time to get that unbeaten run btw, constantly chopping and changing things with my tactic. Just keep at it.

Or to put it another way....

8207619858_c8dc51fcb7_b.jpg

:D (ok, I'd already won the thing a couple of games previously, but the mancs had a full strength team out).

we'll see what happens when I apply the patch.

Currently on an eleven match unbeaten run which has taken us to 4th in the Premiership and topped our EL group. Now in the run up to Xmas, I'm hoping that the board will give me a little cash - I'm so close to a deal for a transfer listed Yohan 'Dreamboat' Cabaye.

Cornelius grabbed a first half hat trick against Tromso before getting crocked, joining Borini and Suarez on the treatment table. Yesil, your time is now!

My only annoyance at the moment is our inability to keep a clean sheet. Always one or two silly mistakes that leads to conceding a goal. I'm getting away with it at he moment, but it could be troublesome if the goals dry up.

February

Premier League

Liverpool 2:0 Newcastle; Falcao 45, Sterling 51

Liverpool 1:0 Wigan; Suarez pen 67

Liverpool 1:0 Swansea; Suarez 12

Liverpool 1:2 Aston Villa; Sterling 88; Bent 28, 75

Champions league 1st knock out round 1st leg

Liverpool 2:3 Bayern Munich; Alderweireld og 41; Lucas 72; Ribery 5, 22, Gomez 42

FA Cup

Liverpool 2:2 Cardiff; El Shaarawy 63, Isco 69; Kelly og 42, og 68 :mad:

Capital one cup final

Liverpool 2:0 Newcastle; Fierro 41, 73

Player of the month

Agger

Despite not being an awful month I'm starting to slip away in defence of my league title, I'm currently sitting 3rd five points behind City who are in first and they've got two games in hand. Reina's going back to his worst that he was alike when I first loaded the game up, and chances are he's gone this season, he's let 51 goals in 41 games

That's a hideously unlucky game from Kelly in the FA cup, mate. I actually feel sorry for him.

January deadline day, and gunning for Adryan. Unfortunately, he's signed a new contract with a stupidly high release clause, and now Flamengo want well over £30m for him :mad:

And Bilbao have rejected an offer worth £11m for Etxeberria as well. He's 17 for christ's sake.

That's a hideously unlucky game from Kelly in the FA cup, mate. I actually feel sorry for him.

January deadline day, and gunning for Adryan. Unfortunately, he's signed a new contract with a stupidly high release clause, and now Flamengo want well over £30m for him :mad:

And Bilbao have rejected an offer worth £11m for Etxeberria as well. He's 17 for christ's sake.

I know mate, it's insane though because the new patch made the defenders better yet at times it's still as bad as before it came out. Each month there's a few own goals scored in my games, either by myself or the other teams

Europa group:

Liverpool

FC Kobenhaven

Dinamo

HJK

Seems like a pretty even group provided I win the first 4 games.

Transfers out: worth £89m

Suarez £30m to Chelsea

Agger £12m to Newcastle

Reina £22.5m to Arsenal

Enrique £9m to Spurs

Johnson £13.5m to Man City

Doni £1.5m to Man City

other players on loan etc

Transfer in: worth £80m

Ba for £7m

Ademilson £5.25m

Adryan £875k

Nem £3.5m

Gauld - £525k

Campbell £625k

Luke Shaw £5m

Jetro Willems £11m

Jadson £11m

Willian £17m

Mandanda £11.5m

Okore - £1.3m

Adam Matthews £4.5m

Europa group:

Liverpool

FC Kobenhaven

Dinamo

HJK

Seems like a pretty even group provided I win the first 4 games.

Transfers out: worth £89m

Suarez £30m to Chelsea

Agger £12m to Newcastle

Reina £22.5m to Arsenal

Enrique £9m to Spurs

Johnson £13.5m to Man City

Doni £1.5m to Man City

other players on loan etc

Transfer in: worth £80m

Ba for £7m

Ademilson £5.25m

Adryan £875k

Nem £3.5m

Gauld - £525k

Campbell £625k

Luke Shaw £5m

Jetro Willems £11m

Jadson £11m

Willian £17m

Mandanda £11.5m

Okore - £1.3m

Adam Matthews £4.5m

Its always interesting to see how you do, since you try and revamp the entire squad in season 1

Its always interesting to see how you do, since you try and revamp the entire squad in season 1

:) will keep you updated, cheers.

ffs Agger out for 3 months, 6th injury in 7 months.

Unlucky...that's why I sold him, coz he's too injury prone and Skrtel is better for me most of the time.

Won first league game of the season 1-0 against Swansea away. Willian getting his first goal for the club. Pushes me to 7th after 3 games on 5 points, 4 points behind leaders City. First goal for the club so +1 GD having not conceded yet.

Off to play a bit of Hitman before the match. Will load up during. Good luck in your saves.

Two months to go before I've finished my third season and I've already come up with two of the three formations that I'll be using for next season. I change formation based on the players at my disposal as well as the success of that season, with the likelihood of me retaining the league title, next seasons formations might be a little idiotic but hey :D

Archived