Sports Interactive Community
laxinthe303

Why are my assistant coaches SOMETIMES greyed out during opposition instructions?

When asking them for opposition instructions prior to a match, sometimes they are all greyed out - sometimes the goaltending coach can give instructions, but mostly they are greyed out.

What causes this?

When asking them for opposition instructions prior to a match, sometimes they are all greyed out - sometimes the goaltending coach can give instructions, but mostly they are greyed out.

What causes this?

I know sometimes they are greyed out if there tactical stat isn't good enough. Not sure why sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't

They'll be greyed out if they have nothing to say. This is more likely the poorer their Tactical Knowledge attribute is.

Why would they have nothing to say some games, and something to say other times? How can I give them something to say? I could never figure this out in FM2012.

As said above, if their tactical knowledge is poor (eg 6 out of 20) then they simply can't give Opposition Instructions because they're not good enough to do so.

Also sometimes if you're playing a team that you simply know nothing about (such as a non league side - lower than Blue Square North & South) then your assistant manager doesn't want to blindly commit to instructions based on no information.

I signed a coach with high Tactical Knowledge purely to give opposition instructions more often than not though he is the one that is greyed out. Why is this? Are other attributes important too?

do you have anyone assigned to scout "next opposition"? On some of my league games, 8-10 of my coaches can give instructions (although what they suggest and the number of players to concentrate on varies wildly), whereas on cups and friendlies maybe 2-3 can give instructions.