--MC-MC-MC--

WB---------WB

----CB---CB---

------GK------

I have twisted this formation into two more version

1.) the formation unchanged --> for same level teams

2.) 2MC and 1 DMC ---> for stronger teams

3.) 1AMC and 2MC --> for much much weaker teams

so far.... i think the above formation works quite well for me.

i usually start Arteta and Ramsey in the MC position both as deep-lying playmaker

and either Santi or Wilshere as Advanced playmaker

I won the P league with basically the original squad first year,

starting a 4-3-3 all year long.

------FW-----

AML-------AMR

--MC-MC-MC--

WB---------WB

----CB---CB---

------GK------

I have twisted this formation into two more version

1.) the formation unchanged --> for same level teams

2.) 2MC and 1 DMC ---> for stronger teams

3.) 1AMC and 2MC --> for much much weaker teams

so far.... i think the above formation works quite well for me.

i usually start Arteta and Ramsey in the MC position both as deep-lying playmaker

and either Santi or Wilshere as Advanced playmaker

one more thing

Giroud, Arterta, Ramsey and Ex are doing greatly in this formation

However, i found it difficult for Podo to blend in this formation....

Staring a save with Arsenal right now!!!! Later I'll try to post my transfers and my tactic!!! Maybe I'll use a 4-3-3 also!!! Let's see how it works!!!

Does anyone listen to Steve Bould during in game feedback ? I always have him suggesting players arent blending into my squad yet its always Santi who has been doing brilliantly.

Also wondered if anyone can help, On Fm12 my best players were always the Wingers, playing as inside forwards, i would have Walcott on one side and Chamberlain on the other, and they were immense. I can not get them playing at all at the minute, they never seem to shoot on target, never cross the ball

or actually play very well at all.

So in essence, i need a little help in how to bring them into the game more, Ive been playing a 4 flat back four, 2 Dmcs, Santi as a Attacking midfielder and then two players next to him as i play very narrow, with 1 striker.

But they still cant get into the game very well.

Ben_reeson - your inside forwards need space to run into - so if you AM and ST are not dropping or roaming into space this is probably where you are causing yourself problems.

Staring a save with Arsenal right now!!!! Later I'll try to post my transfers and my tactic!!! Maybe I'll use a 4-3-3 also!!! Let's see how it works!!!

good luck dude. Time for arsenal to lift the trophy again (sadly... in game only)

Have people who have sold Walcott transfer listed him? Also how are people using their DofFs?

Ben_reeson - your inside forwards need space to run into - so if you AM and ST are not dropping or roaming into space this is probably where you are causing yourself problems.

I'll have a look tonight and see if i can Drop my striker a little, I might even drop santi back a little to give that extra room for them to run into.

i might even revert to a 4-4-2...

you don't need to change system - just the roles

Does anyone listen to Steve Bould during in game feedback ? I always have him suggesting players arent blending into my squad yet its always Santi who has been doing brilliantly.

Also wondered if anyone can help, On Fm12 my best players were always the Wingers, playing as inside forwards, i would have Walcott on one side and Chamberlain on the other, and they were immense. I can not get them playing at all at the minute, they never seem to shoot on target, never cross the ball

or actually play very well at all.

So in essence, i need a little help in how to bring them into the game more, Ive been playing a 4 flat back four, 2 Dmcs, Santi as a Attacking midfielder and then two players next to him as i play very narrow, with 1 striker.

But they still cant get into the game very well.

I instantly got rid of Steve Bould (:() and got Cruyff as my assistant manager, he's awesome!

I very quickly gave up on inside forwards, and even AML + AMR wingers, in the beta since I couldn't get it to work at all! I haven't tried again in the full game.

Have people who have sold Walcott transfer listed him? Also how are people using their DofFs?

I use my DOF to sell and loan players, he's fairly decent and the prices he gets aren't too bad. I also enjoy the novelty factor of seeing who he tries to sign, they've all been crap so far though and I have ended up canceling all deals that he has put in place.

Will he look for players by himself? Or do I have to set him up that way?

You have to change it yourself, go to the "staff responsibilities" page, but make sure that you​ finalise all deals as the DOF can try to buy players that are either crap or not needed.

Currently at the very end of my first season. One match remaining.

These were the transfers I've made...

2l9o9kj.png

A lot of money spent but so far they've all been fantastic for me.

More money was made available to me in January (shocked they didn't pocket it) and I couldn't resist so I bought an unhappy Leighton Baines.

How the league table looks right now...

qpqvxx.png

One match remaining in the league and it's against Man City, a win or draw will see me win the Premier League title.

I won the Capital One Cup but was knocked out of the Champions League and FA cup.

great results there other llama, how are you playing?

Won the match against Man City 2-1 so won the Premier League.

great results there other llama, how are you playing?

Overall we played really well, using a 4-2-3-1, first half of the season was a blast, keeping clean sheets and scoring tons of goals but the second half kind of went a bit stale. Kept giving games away that we dominated, City even re-took the lead in the title race but luckily they lost to Tottenham and United in the last month or so of the season.

May have to get rid of a couple of players over pre-season, Podolski, Cazorla, Giroud, Ba and Gervinho have been fairly terrible for me. I ended up having to play Walcott as a striker which thankfully worked really well (16 goals and 17 assists. half the season he played on the wing), he also scored and provided the assist against City.

I have Fernando Llorente coming in summer on a free transfer, may also splash some cash on Neymar who is unhappy and transfer listed for £38 million. Anyone have good results with Neymar? I had him in FM 12 but he was fairly disappointing, got a bunch of goals but no where near as many as I expected from his stats.

Well done aLlamaWithARifle :)

May I ask what team instructions you had and what instructions you gave players?

I have always preferred the 4-2-3-1 but I never seem to get any joy from that formation. I am going to look more closely at my team instructions.

Well done aLlamaWithARifle :)

May I ask what team instructions you had and what instructions you gave players?

I have always preferred the 4-2-3-1 but I never seem to get any joy from that formation. I am going to look more closely at my team instructions.

2aikhvq.png

I then change the running with the bal, crossing and through balls of each player to match the players strengths.

Hi all,

So I decided to start a new save with my beloved Gunners. Before I begin, I'm one of those supporters who don't agree with the direction the management is taking the club and feel that many of the players in the current squad are not good enough to be representing our team. However, that's not a discussion for this forum. The point I'm trying to make is that I'm going to have a lot of in's and out's in my team. The first two seasons are probably going to be all about restructuring the core of the team. With Wenger leaving, I feel it's time for the start of the new era.

That said, not all my sales are because I don't feel they're good enough for my team. Many times, its just good business. Also, I have a certain expectation from all my players as far as stats such as determination, work rate/team work etc go. Will try to adhere to it as much as possible.

Well, here goes:

TRANSFERS IN

Yohan Cabaye - 18M

Isco - 17.5M

Steven Taylor - Swap for Mertesacker + 4M (the 4M is money Newcastle gave me)

Erik Lamela - Straight swap for Gervinho

Wilfried Zaha - 4.3M

Mason Bennett - 2.6M

Cristian Molinaro - 2M

Adryan - 875K

Doria - 525K

George Green - 500K

TRANSFERS OUT

Mikel Arteta - 17M (Athletic)

Per Mertesacker - 4M + Steven Taylor

Gervinho - Straight swap for Erik Lamela

Johan Djourou - 7.5M + 50% next sale fee (Anji)

Marouane Chamakh - 7.5M (LOSC)

Andrey Arshavin - 6M (Juventus)

Andre Santos - 4.3M (Benfica)

Sebastien Squillaci - 1.3M (Newcastle)

The future will see players like Koscielny, Rosicky, Fabianski, Mannone also leave. Will probably also sell Sagna at the end of the season as well (don't like over 30 players).

All others like Ramsey, Diaby, Podolski, Giroud, Cazorla etc will get their chance this season to prove their worth. Will evaluate at the end of the season who all I want to hold on to.

I want to bring in a good CB to replace Koscielny. Hummels seems to be the only one who's realistic and better than Koscielny. A striker may be on the list of priorities come Jan or end of summer. Giroud's performances will define who that will be (first choice striker or a backup). For now, I've got Podolski and Walcott to provide cover. Not to mention Zaha. A good young GK is also on the list of priorities. Butland isn't drawing good reviews from my scouts so I reckon he's stuck with a lowish PA on this save.

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 with 2 CM's like Arsenal is doing currently.

Anyway, that's all from me for now. Will update again later in the season.

theincrediblehulk

Thought I had finally cracked the ME, two draws against Newcastle and Everton to start the season, but we had played very well in both games.

Go to QPR, dominate the game only to find myself losing 3-0 at half time. Have a go at my team but they all get confused (team talks clearly not broken). Dominate the start of the second half but concede again. I rage quit at this point. At the time of quitting my side had had 18 shots on goal. Anyone want to guess how many QPR had?

I was off playing as Rangers, but now i've started a new Arsenal game! :)

@incrediblehulk, Hello! are you the same Hulk who used to post(if i remember rightly created) an old FM Arsenal thread a few years back?, and like you i have gutted a lot of the team and in some cases signed the same players, by coincidence!

Transfers!

arsenaltransfers.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Even after all those dealings, many of which i spent money over a period of months, i have £46.59million and 370k wages available, hopefully to help me bring in the players i really want such as Fellaini, Romulo, Danilo, Lars Bender to name a few.

Tactics!

tacticsj.png

Its going to take the team a while to gel, though pre-match training during pre-season was all about team cohesion and fitness for me.

August 2012 - First two games are done with.

(H) Fulham - (Win) 4-2, Ba(2) Giroud(2) / Ruiz, Baines O.G

(A) Swansea - (Draw) 2-2 Ba, Giroud / Dyer, Jenas

So conceding far more than id like but at least my strikers are scoring so that's a plus, the Jenas goal came really late in the game, need to pick the lads up for the next game which is at home versus Southampton!.

Thought I had finally cracked the ME, two draws against Newcastle and Everton to start the season, but we had played very well in both games.

Go to QPR, dominate the game only to find myself losing 3-0 at half time. Have a go at my team but they all get confused (team talks clearly not broken). Dominate the start of the second half but concede again. I rage quit at this point. At the time of quitting my side had had 18 shots on goal. Anyone want to guess how many QPR had?

have you tried a back to basics approach?

unticked everything in the TC?

tbf, I think my tactic is sorted. Just a typical FM screw job that game. Park outjumped Mertesacker for the 2nd goal. Cesar was superkeepering it up. That sort of thing.

Ah another screw job. Re-played the match, dominated, then conceded one of those cross/shot things that cause the keeper to **** themselves.

Am very close to just giving up and un-installing.

Jenkinson given a straight red for handball on the half way line. Amazing game.

Ah another screw job. Re-played the match, dominated, then conceded one of those cross/shot things that cause the keeper to **** themselves.

Am very close to just giving up and un-installing.

Jenkinson given a straight red for handball on the half way line. Amazing game.

i'm starting to get somewhere - have you visited tactics forum much?

I know what you mean, the match engine does need a hell of a lot of work, sometimes it like watching drunk kids running around, it feels very sluggish to me as well as very disconnected, like im yelling shouts but i dont think the game actually alters my players to do what im asking in anyway, large example, i want the team to get the ball forward in last couple of minutes of a game, so i up the tempo, yell shouts to get ball forward and push up, but they then spend the final few minutes passing the ball between the 2 center backs and a central midfielder

I know what you mean, the match engine does need a hell of a lot of work, sometimes it like watching drunk kids running around, it feels very sluggish to me as well as very disconnected, like im yelling shouts but i dont think the game actually alters my players to do what im asking in anyway, large example, i want the team to get the ball forward in last couple of minutes of a game, so i up the tempo, yell shouts to get ball forward and push up, but they then spend the final few minutes passing the ball between the 2 center backs and a central midfielder

attacking tactics have shorter passing on centre-backs to keep possession

i'm starting to get somewhere - have you visited tactics forum much?

I have yeah. Although I was basically doing the same thing anyway.

wel i thought i best throw my game into the hat after my earlier post in this thread, i started a new game once it came out and ditched the beta one, although i have won the league 2 years in a row i started from scratch my formation is a 4-1-2-2-1 which is set out:

szchesney

rb/sagna/jenks

cb - kos/burdisso < from boca, heading/marking/tacking/jumping stats are good and has italian passport, 4.5mill well worth it

cb - vermaelen

lb - gibbs/shaw

dm - arteta/perrotta(on loan, costing 22k a week) and frimpong when hes fit again

bwm - diaby/arteta

adplaymaker - wilshere/cazorla/ramsay

amr - oxlade

aml - podolski/gervinho

poacher - walcott(scores enough goals to not warrant selling him)/jovetic

in the league its down to the last 3 games where mysef, man utd and man city are all on 71 points with man utd top on goal difference and me 2nd and city 3rd, i beat barca in the last 8 of the champs league 5-2 on agg and now got man utd where i lost the 1st leg 2-1.

i played the beta till middle of the 3rd season and i can say that players like wilshere, oxlade, gibbs,walcott,jenkinson and frimpong are the players to keep with szchesney mannone and martinez, u can build an entire team around them and make them into a new barca

Well got to the end of September, mixed bag of feelings about the season so far, firstly still leaking far to many goals, really not happy with my tactic or perhaps cause ive changed so much of the personnel and the formation i need to weather the storm till its all cohesive.

Here is my results and an stat overview for each match

septstats.png

As you can see im edging possession at home, but away is a different matter, was expecting to get thumped by United but after being 1-0 down at half time brought Kweuke on and he got 2 in the last 15mins to secure us a vital win.

I sent out a whole side of reserves versus Wolves, not really interested in winning that trophy but still would of liked to have progressed a bit further to allow me to field reserve players for a few extra games.

Top scorers - Demba Ba(5 in 7), Giroud(3 in 7), Kweuke(3 in 6).

Top Player Overall - Vermaelen (7.76 over 7 apps)

Generally im unhappy with the rate of conceading and the performance of the midfielders, because even though im leaking goals my defenders and goalkeeper are actually performing very well according to their stats, but the came cannot be said for the midfield, Got Fellaini coming in January for 22mil, going to put some bids in for L.Bender and Romulo too i think.

Decided i'm going to start again, a fresh game and a fresh mind going into it.

I've been struggling to get to grips with the newer game and not really had the time to sit down and establish a good tactic, transfers or even the basics of the game. This is where you guys come into it.

I hope to build a tactic that matches our style of play with attractive attacking football, but also a defense that is difficult to penetrate.

I know this isnt the case in real life but i love a clean sheet.

Any help you have to offer would be brilliant..

check this pass from Sagna for a Giroud goal , went on to draw 3-3 away to Fulham with some comical defending from my fullbacks still.

quality of vid is a bit poor but the pass was great.

Santi is such a disappointment with me...constantly getting booked and not performing! Anyone got him playing well? I'm tempted to let him ride the pine until end of season and sell him!

Also, Doria who's been highly rated by other folk on the forums isn't on my game for some reason...not sure why as I've all south american players loaded and a large database! Not best pleased, tempted to re-start

in my beta save i ditched santi, for the wages hes on and the fact wilshere is so much better its better to sell, get the money and save on wages

in my beta save i ditched santi, for the wages hes on and the fact wilshere is so much better its better to sell, get the money and save on wages

How did the fans react though? They got annoyed with me when I sold Arshavin, and I'm contemplating selling Rosicky (who's on £2.2 mil per year in wages) as I've bought Isco from Malaga

159ctk.png

Transfers for my second season, a lot spent once again but I did manage to make £59 million from selling players.

Neymar turned down my offer and decided to join Man United instead, Mario Gotze showed no interest in joining Arsenal and Jesus Navas turned down my contract offer and signed a new deal.

So I ended up signing Isco and Muniain, both are young but already great players.

Santi is such a disappointment with me...constantly getting booked and not performing! Anyone got him playing well? I'm tempted to let him ride the pine until end of season and sell him!

Also, Doria who's been highly rated by other folk on the forums isn't on my game for some reason...not sure why as I've all south american players loaded and a large database! Not best pleased, tempted to re-start

I had the same with pretty much all my midfielders under performing, i logged on today and read this article on steam.

http://kotaku.com/5957983/im-playing-the-bestworst-sports-game-of-the-year-and-its-killing-me

I turned off 3D Match...

Guess who has been my best performer since then :D Cazorla(or any midfielder i place in the CAM hole) could be co-incidence true, but im noticing my teams AI behavior in the 2D Engine is much to how i wanted it when using the settings/tactics that i use, not getting the bugs that the 3D match engine has either, for me at the moment the 3D Engine feels so random and buggy.

I had the same with pretty much all my midfielders under performing, i logged on today and read this article on steam.

http://kotaku.com/5957983/im-playing-the-bestworst-sports-game-of-the-year-and-its-killing-me

I turned off 3D Match...

Guess who has been my best performer since then :D Cazorla(or any midfielder i place in the CAM hole) could be co-incidence true, but im noticing my teams AI behavior in the 2D Engine is much to how i wanted it when using the settings/tactics that i use, not getting the bugs that the 3D match engine has either, for me at the moment the 3D Engine feels so random and buggy.

Cheers, I'll give that a whirl!!!

How did the fans react though? They got annoyed with me when I sold Arshavin, and I'm contemplating selling Rosicky (who's on £2.2 mil per year in wages) as I've bought Isco from Malaga

they didnt react, i dont play my game in 2/3d i just use commentary, ive sold arshavin and santi, mutual termination with rosicky as he said he was sure could find another club in which he left for free! as i couldnt shift him apart from loan deals which only paid 40% of wages, how is isco? i have contemplated buying him but when i got wilshere and ramsay as back-up i dont feel i need him as wel.

Just beat Tottenham 6-3 at the Emirates. Great result, delighted with how we played.

I am really stuggling to crack this version, never usually have this much trouble and i've been playing for years. I tried my usual 4-1-2-1-2 but no luck with that so tried a 4-2-3-1 and still cant crack it, I am thinking about giving up :(

I've read through the tactics section and cant really see anything different to any other version so dont know why I am playing rubbish but i have tried to play around with the tactics more this time round so maybe thats where im going wrong!

Gk Defend

FB Support

CD Defend

CD Defend

FB Support

B2B support

DLP Defend

IF Attack

AP Support

IF Attack

Poacher

Team instruction

Balance Counter

Passing more direct

creative freedom default

closing down press more

tackling more cautious

marking zonal

crossing drill

roaming default

defensive line slider set to 3/4

width two notches below full

tempo two/three notches below full

Santi as my playmaker

all suggestions welcome!

A poacher does not move or drift into space much, and certainly does not contribute much to team moves - so try at least an Advanced Forward role. It is also affecting your inside forwards and their ability to get into central positions, as they are trying to come inside into the space of an AP(S) which does not roam, and a Poacher who tends to stay quite central. You also need proper width - Full Back Support is unlikely to do it - maybe try wing backs, or full backs attack, or automatic.

Now this point I cannot stress enough - UNTICK EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TICKED! - it unbalances the team, and means your shouts are less effective, making you inflexible. This exactly what wwfan says, and it is him that designed that tactics creator - so if he says not to tick other things like that then its worth listening to.

ok, so just to double check - when you say untick everything do you mean passing more direct, pressing more etc and just leave them default? sorry if thats a stupid question!

I have been thinking of doing that with the full backs so will give that a go but the reason I use a poacher is to get the best out of theo. Not sure he is suited to AF. Would you recommend AP (A)

Thanks for the suggestions

sorry, you mean untick the spefic instructions bit? What about tweaking player roles, same rule of not to change?

i mean untick the specific instructions like defensive line, tempo etc

Ok will have a go with all of that and keep my fingers crossed!!

thing is when you tick these - it means it stops you being able to retain possession, change strategy effectively, sit narrower, deeper etc - all vital things to be able to change

I unticked all the boxes to give it a try. Losing to Forest in the league cup, what a woeful football game.

As I've begun with Arsenal (on a couple of occasions to be honest) I thought I'd add to this thread.

On the same save I'm managing Southampton as a matter of habit. I've always managed both and enjoyed the challenge of getting them into the premier league so I've done the same because it's been enjoyable in the past, even though this year they've got themselves there in real life too!

Transfers first...

In:

David Alaba

Kyriakos Papadopolous

Kurt Zoom

Dzagoev <<<signed with the intention of just selling on for a quick profit

Demba Ba <<<same as above

Adryan

Neal Maupay

Mason Bennett

Paul Quaye

Michael Gregoritsch <<<uncertain about this chap but at £700k I can't see that I'll lose money, being just 18. He does have 16 determination though.

Out:

Marouane Chamakh

Sebastian Squillaci

Lukasz Fabianski

Andre Santos on loan for £40k per week with a £6m option to buy, which I'm hopeful will be done.

I've also loaned out virtually everyone outside of my first team, which looks like this:

Wojciech Szczesny

Vito Mannone

Bacary Sagna

Carl Jenkinson

David Alaba

Kieran Gibbs

Johan Djourou <<<had a slightly wild idea to retrain him as an anchor man. If it works I suspect he could be rock solid, if it doesn't he'll probably go in January (but I'm not entirely sure how persistent to be with the training)

Thomas Vermaelan

Laurent Koscielny

Per Mertesacker

Kyriakos Papadopolous

Francis Coquelin

Mikel Arteta

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Abou Diaby <<<not sure he has a place in the team, being so injury prone but no one seems to be interested in buying at a fair price

Aaron Ramsey

Gervinho <<<another guy who may be out of here soon

Tomas Rosicky <<<tried to sell but no takers in august, partly due to the injury he begins with

Santi Cazorla

Jack Wilshere

Andrey Arshavin

Theo Walcott <<<resigned a £70k per week contract, I didn't try and negotiate him down from his starting offer because I'd have paid more.

Lukas Podolski

Olivier Giroud

Demba Ba

My default formation is pretty attacking:

GK - Sweeper - Szczesny

FBR - Support - Sagna

DR - Defend - Koscielny

DL - Defend - Vermaelan

FBL - Support - Alaba

A - Defend - Arteta

DLP - Support - Cazorla

BWM - Support - Ramsey

Poacher - Attack - Podolski

CF - Attack - Giroud

Poacher - Attack - Walcott

I figured why have 3 great strikers only to play two as attacking wingers so they're all up there feeding off each other. In order to maintain some sort of attacking/defensive balance I have been forced to play Cazorla in CM rather than AMC, though this will be less of a problem on Wilshere's return as I intend to give him the game time.

I'm playing a high line, slow tempo, short passing, high pressure game as you'd expect. Almost always use Podolski and Walcott to man mark the opposition FBs, and if there's a key creative man in midfield the Anchor man marks him.

That formation is great against the teams you can dominate, but against the stronger opposition I do one of two things. For the teams ranging 8-4th in the league I'll drop the two Poachers to attacking wingers and have them more involved in midfield pressure.

Against City, United and Chelsea I will do one of two things. One is a kind of wide 4-5-1 that has an Anchor and a DM, a single CM, an AML and AMR and finally a DLF that plays more direct and sits deeper defensively to protect against the faster, more incisive strikers. The alternative is a 4-6-0, which basically packs out the midfield and gives the opposition little opportunity to pass the ball around and build an attack. I've had mixed success with it so far, but I think it could work if I just nail down the individual responsibilities of players.

Pre season saw me undefeated against AS Monaco FC (2-1), AS Cannes (2-0), FC Metz (3-1), Juventus - who played a suicidal 3-5-2 that my FBs destroyed - (5-2) and Girona (2-1).

As I say, I've only just restarted this having become frustrated with my mistakes in the past so I'm two games into the new season having beaten Newcastle away 2-0 (whilst they still had Ba) and beaten Chelsea at home 4-1.Ca$hley Cole picked up a 2 yellows in the 85th and again after 90+2 minutes, clearly having become frustrated at his choice to leave.

Following the sale of Ba, Dzagoev and perhaps Diaby if I can find a buyer, I'm looking at adding one more versatile midfielder to the ranks. Granit Xhaka looks as though he could be just the ticket but with my scout advising a price of £15m I'm not sure if that's too much for the 19 year old. Has anyone experience of him?

Going forward my primary concern is with the satisfactory development of my youth. Oxlade-Chamberlain is cause for particular concern because he's not a natural in any of the positions of my default formation and I can't see him getting much starting time.

thing is when you tick these - it means it stops you being able to retain possession, change strategy effectively, sit narrower, deeper etc - all vital things to be able to change

Right, thats makes sense when you think about it I suppose! Scoring seems to be my trouble most of the time but then saying that I did ship 4 away to stoke! Just never had this much trouble before