FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Untrain it then

llama3, you might be able to help me here, I have been trying to do exactly that, but with no success. Do you know what factors influence this? I wonder if there is anything I have control over?

arsenal11_zps451bb880.jpg

2013/14 Season - End Of Season Update[

arsenal6_zpsb32ab8cc.jpg

4d0c9460-70d8-41cc-a95e-559c397d03bb_zps15880375.jpg

Top win in the ECL there mate :thup:

How did the league end up? I am assuming you won.

You have a mighty big squad there, although I notice a few 16 year olds who I imagine feature in the youth team a lot? And the ancients I assume are for tutoring?

llama3, you might be able to help me here, I have been trying to do exactly that, but with no success. Do you know what factors influence this? I wonder if there is anything I have control over?

Go to Cazorla, training screen and go to preferred moves option and you can ask to unlearn it there.

Top win in the ECL there mate :thup:

How did the league end up? I am assuming you won.

You have a mighty big squad there, although I notice a few 16 year olds who I imagine feature in the youth team a lot? And the ancients I assume are for tutoring?

yes I did

I knew there was something I forgot should of trusted myself

Go to Cazorla, training screen and go to preferred moves option and you can ask to unlearn it there.

Sorry should have been more specific, i have done this, but he won't unlearn it.... If I try again, is there any chance he will unlearn it?

Sorry should have been more specific, i have done this, but he won't unlearn it.... If I try again, is there any chance he will unlearn it?

Maybe, not sure if the coach you speak to has any effect - i.e. if you speak to Bould or Primorac I do not know if that makes a difference.

Season update October/November 13/14

Europa League

Feyenoord 0:

Arsenal 4: Chamberlain 12' Suarez 18' 33' 73'

League

Arsenal 1: Rosicky 39'

Swansea 0:

Arsenal 2: M'Villa 46' Suarez 61'

Stoke 0:

Europa League

Rubin 1: Szczeny o/g 50'

Arsenal 1: Campbell 73'

League

Southampton 1: Ramirez 82'

Arsenal 2: Ozil 55' Wilshere 61'

League Cup 4th Round

Chelsea 0:

Arsenal 1: Bertrand o/g 63'

League

Spurs 1: Soldado 90'

Arsenal 0:

Europa League

Arsenal 2: El Shaarway 36' 53' Koscielny s/o 62'

Rubin 1: Rondon 47'

League

Arsenal 0:

Everton 0:

Arsenal 2: Ozil 49' Koscielny 89'

Newcastle 0:

Ipswich 0:

Arsenal 2: Ramsey 35' Campbell 45'

League Cup Q/F

Spurs 0:

Arsenal 3: Ramsey 50' Chamberlain 74' Koscielny 89'

Currently 3rd in the league 6 points behind Man Utd but with a game in hand.

I very much doubt your shouts have any effect whatsoever given the fact every tickbox is ticked.

Firstly they're not my settings, they were set by the person who set the players instructions for his Barcelona 'Tiki Taka' tactic.

Completely sums up the issue with ticking sliders.

Secondly I do not touch sliders and I refer my honourable friend to the answer I gave a few moments ago. :lol:

Thirdly I did say that I was experimenting with the tactic using my 'TEAM' tactics and somebody's 'PLAYER' tactics.

Arsenalthebest

Some good work in the transfer window there.

llama3

Thanks, I will try get the PPM removed by a different coach. As an alternative I have managed to reduce his longshots simply by getting him in a role where the chances to do so are limited, to be fair though, I would rather not have to tailor a role just for that purpose.

RossoneriGunner

Email received thanks. I will take a look next time I play FM. To be honest I will be sticking with my tactics I have been developing, but am keen to have a look at your settings (mainly the team ones) to see if there is anything I can take on board.

A little preview to an update I intend to do in the near future.

Have sold Mertesacker (bracing for the backlash :p) which saw him move there along with £10m in exchange for Rafael Varane.

Podolski was sold for £15m to PSG.

Also a number of the returning loanees (Bendtner, Denilson etc) were moved on for roughly their value.

The exodus for now will probably end there. I have already begun to move towards my quota requirements. Only other possible sale will be Monreal, but that would have to be after I renegotiate his contact to remove the absurd £10m release clause.

Looking for some recommendations on how to use my South American slot. This can't be Argentinian. I am looking at perhaps a reasonably big signing or even going all out on say a Neymar or something. Bernard is also a possibility.

Season 13/14 update Dec/Jan

Europa League

Ludogorets 2: Marcelinho 28' Moti (Pen 60)'

Arsenal 4: Campbell 13' 31' Jenkinson 20' Vermaelen 61'

League

West Ham 1: Collison 71'

Arsenal 2: Chamberlain 55' Ramsey 66'

Europa League

Arsenal 3: Campbell 13' 75' Hughes 88'

Feyeenord 1: Dvalishvili 84'

League

West Brom 1: Long 28'

Arsenal 0:M'Villa s/o 63'

Arsenal 2: Ramsey 84' Caulker 88'

Hull 0:

Arsenal 2: Wilshere 38' Chamberlain 86'

Blackburn 0:

Q.P.R 1: Zamora 24'

Arsenal 1: Ozil 66'

FA Cup 3rd

Arsenal 4: Gnabry 31' Rosicky 43' Eisfeld 45' Akpom 87'

Millwall 0:

League

Arsenal 4: Suarez 4' 18' 84' Chamberlain 44'

Chelsea 2: Oscar 71' Eto 89' Ivanovic s/o 62'

League Cup Semi 1st leg

Palace 1: Williams 31'

Arsenal 2: Gnarby 64' Suarez 86'

League

Arsenal 1: Caulker 2'

Liverpool 0:

Man City 0:

Arsenal 0:

League Cup Semi 2nd leg

Arsenal 2: Akpom 15' Gnarby 56'

FA Cup 4th

Mansfield 0:

Arsenal 4: Walcott 3' 49' 79' Gnarby 27'

League

Arsenal 3: Koscielny21' Ramsey 23' Campbell 89'

Sunderland 3: Giaccherini 20' Fletcher 31' Putsila 87'

Still In 3rd place in the league

Most of the new thread is prepared now. Got individual player summaries for each player. Hopefully will help you with player strengths and weaknesses etc. Its called "One-One at St James' Park..."

Most of the new thread is prepared now. Got individual player summaries for each player. Hopefully will help you with player strengths and weaknesses etc. Its called "One-One at St James' Park..."

Great, looking forward to it :thup:

When it hits, for those of us continuing our FM13 careers for a bit, should we post in here or there?

Here for FM13, but I won't ignore you. I look after my little cherubs in the Arsenal gardens. I like hearing how people are doing. Likewise still want you guys keeping your heads in the FM14 thread, can help keep you up to date with stuff. Of course if nobody is posting in here though then don't be posting to yourself all day long, come post in FM14.

Here for FM13, but I won't ignore you. I look after my little cherubs in the Arsenal gardens. I like hearing how people are doing. Likewise still want you guys keeping your heads in the FM14 thread, can help keep you up to date with stuff. Of course if nobody is posting in here though then don't be posting to yourself all day long, come post in FM14.

Haha good to hear! Yeah I figured that would be the plan.

Hmmmm start of second season, PSG have come in with £17.5m for Sagna, I have been unable to get him to extend his contract past the end of the season so could be worth it....

Thoughts? Jenks is coming along nicely for me.

EDIT: Thought I should add, I rejected an offer of £10m and he kicked up a fuss, so I promised him we would win the league (we already did that last season) think I should maybe reject and push for more money, he is only 30 after all.

£17.5m is great money for a 30 year old. Key is who to replace him with. Corchia could be a great addition.

Yeah he wants a £40k to £68k pw wage raise..... probably not worth it. Yeah I was thinking Corchia, or I do have a South American spot available so could go for a Brazilian right back.

Season Update 13/14 Feb/March

League

Arsenal 3: Walcott 19' Koscielny 25' Wilshere 30'

Fulham 0:

Man Utd 1: Rooney 46'

Arsenal 1: Ramsey 18' Sanga s/o 90'

Swansea 3: Bony 30' Chamakh 42' 83'

Arsenal 2: Vermaelen 33' Streete 71'

FA Cup 5th Round

Arsenal 1: Vermaelen 58'

Everton 0:

Europa League First Round K/O 1st Leg

Hannover 3: Marcelo 75' Sobiech 82' Stindl 91'

Arsenal 2: Wilshere 5' Chamberlain 34'

League Cup Final

Arsenal 2: Chamberlain 28' Walcott 76'

Liverpool 0:

Europa League First Round K/O 2nd Leg

Arsenal 1: Ramsey 67' Koscielny s/o 36'

Hannover 0:

**3-3 though on away goals

League

Arsenal 1: El shaarawy 78'

Spurs 0:

Europa League Second Round K/O 1st Leg

Levante 1: Ivanschitz 47'

Arsenal 0

League

Stoke 1: Crouch 47'

Arsenal 0:

Europa League Second Round K/O 2nd Leg

Arsenal 2: Baines 13' Akpom 30'

Levante 0:

**Won 2-1 on Agg

FA Cup 6th Round

Arsenal 4: El Shaarawy 9' Hughes 11' Suarez 16' Caulker 91'

Newcastle 0:

League

Arsenal 2: Jenkinson 12' Ozil 28'

Southampton 0:

Arsenal 1: Gnarby 34'

Ipswich 0:

Season Update 13/14 Feb/March

League

Arsenal 3: Walcott 19' Koscielny 25' Wilshere 30'

Fulham 0:

Man Utd 1: Rooney 46'

Arsenal 1: Ramsey 18' Sanga s/o 90'

Swansea 3: Bony 30' Chamakh 42' 83'

Arsenal 2: Vermaelen 33' Streete 71'

FA Cup 5th Round

Arsenal 1: Vermaelen 58'

Everton 0:

Europa League First Round K/O 1st Leg

Hannover 3: Marcelo 75' Sobiech 82' Stindl 91'

Arsenal 2: Wilshere 5' Chamberlain 34'

League Cup Final

Arsenal 2: Chamberlain 28' Walcott 76'

Liverpool 0:

Europa League First Round K/O 2nd Leg

Arsenal 1: Ramsey 67' Koscielny s/o 36'

Hannover 0:

**3-3 though on away goals

League

Arsenal 1: El shaarawy 78'

Spurs 0:

Europa League Second Round K/O 1st Leg

Levante 1: Ivanschitz 47'

Arsenal 0

League

Stoke 1: Crouch 47'

Arsenal 0:

Europa League Second Round K/O 2nd Leg

Arsenal 2: Baines 13' Akpom 30'

Levante 0:

**Won 2-1 on Agg

FA Cup 6th Round

Arsenal 4: El Shaarawy 9' Hughes 11' Suarez 16' Caulker 91'

Newcastle 0:

League

Arsenal 2: Jenkinson 12' Ozil 28'

Southampton 0:

Arsenal 1: Gnarby 34'

Ipswich 0:

Congrats on the League Cup win. Few tough loses spread throughout though. How are you faring in the league?

Sometimes this game goes out of its way to screw you if you are doing too well. Having just spanked Barca in the ECL, away at Sunderland in the league 2nd season.

Bit of rotation to ensure everyone is 100% fit. 1-0 up after 2 mins. Monreal. Sweet

3rd minute Oxlade-Chamberlain given a straight red for deliberate handball. From the kick-off. On the half-way line. Ummm.......ref?

From the resultant free-kick, I then immediately concede a penalty and have TV5 sent off for what is apparently a dive according to in match and post match reports. So I park the bus and play on the break. then the injuries kick in. I manage to get 1 stretchered off and 2 down to 45% ish fitness after fouls, so having had my enforced subs, I think get three more injuries in the second half, one of which is another bad on...so down to 8 men with another couple of walking wounded, but desperately hanging on. 93rd minute Sunderland score with an offside goal. With their second shot on target....

I break the golden rule.

I re-load the game.

I know I am doing well on this save, but there's a challenge and then there is a combination of broken match engine, dubious officiating and the injury bug all in one game. hmmm...no methinks.

I replay the match and win 1-0 in game with 2 shots on target (both from me).....then I feel guilty and try again to engineer a draw. But keep winning 1-0 with late goals.

Moral dilemma?

Also starting to increasingly notice one frustration on this iteration of the match engine. I have lightning quick inside forwards and everyone else on 'play through balls often' as well as half of them with that PPM. My tactic opens miles of space between opposition full-back and centre-half. Am lucky if they play more than one through ball a match, despite Walcott basically always having a shed load of space to run into. It doesn't stop the team from being effective, but no matter what variation I play on different saves, its one I can't crack, and haven't been able to since the last patch. Its frustrating because the rest of the tactics basically work exactly as they should and I'm generating the perfect positions....

I hope this improves for FM14 (unless its just my tactics!)

lomekian

I too certainly feel that my players don't pick the obvious pass that would send someone in on goal. I assume your passers will all be of top quality so it won't be that.

I am sure the more tactically enlightened could shed some light on it for you though.

Mark-Arsenal-Banner_zps3a3e92a2.png

2013-2014 Preseason now done. Transfer window is still open so may have another small update coming.

Transfers_zpscfaec975.png

TransfersOut_zps3d548268.png

Not really anything drastic in terms of outs. As I have stated a few times in the thread, while being a big fan of the BFG IRL he was just not quite working out in this save for me. Perhaps I was asking too much of him, but its done now anyway. Swapped him plus cash for Varane. Also decided to let Podolski go as a move towards meeting my quota I have set (this also influenced the sale of Per). Other usual suspects were shipped out and deadwood was released.

TransfersIn_zpsafb0a389.png

On the transfers in, brought in a bunch of youth players which I actually didn't consider when balancing the books in my head, and am since still spending more on transfers in.

Replaced Podolski with Ayew who I am always a fan of in this version, plus he fills a quota need.

Will Hughes happened to get transfer listed, and seeing as I am keen on building a strong English theme to the side I brought him in. Decided I would try reshaping him a little so he is training as a WBL and DL as I attempt to move him to rotate with Gibbs on the left. While Monreal is still around however he will just be squad utility.

The future of Sagna is up in the air, he either wants a move to PSG or an improved contract. I am not that keen on either (at the price he is asking for the later anyway) but don't want to lose him for nothing. Either way I have started looking into replacements. Corchia (as recommended by llama) is the obvious option.

CurrentSquad_zps559f5ceb.png

FirstTeam_zpsc4cce936.png

The current first team squad. (A look at the youth team later). Not too many drastic changes from last season. Was wanting to bring in a big name but after pursuing Oscar, Neymar and Bernard, all the prices were too steep for me. So I decided to save coin and stick with what I have.

Tactics_zps89f72c54.png

Tactic_zpsd8d8e3c9.png

Haven't made too many changes to my tactic. Decided to change one winger to a support role and I am still fiddling with having the other as a winger or inside forward. This will probably switch around a little as the season goes on. Likewise the AP is still being tinkered with.

Pre Season

(sorry at work so no banner for this one)

Preseason_zps977f2c5b.png

Lined up the usual cannon fodder to build squad morale. This season I also lined up friendlies for the U18s so they should all hopefully be in a strong position fitness wise too.

Also had the community shield as a good warmup for the season, facing the difficult Man City. I used my same striker less 4-2-2-2 Box formation and once again stopped them scoring. Wasn't as fluid going forward as I had hoped, buy Ayew came on and scored a great winner with his first touch as an Arsenal player. Win is a win over them in my opinion!

Well that is it for now. Will have an end of transfer window update to track how I am going with my self imposed quotas at some stage soon.

How do you guys deal with red cards?. Every player who gets sent off I fine a weeks wages whether it's 2 yellows or a straight red.

Some of the players moan that they felt the fine was unfair but after I tell them they are professional and concentrate on their job and show respect they usually back down and say sorry. End of story.

Another question regarding condition/match fitness. I left Özil out as he was coming back from an injury. His condition was 96 and his match fitness was 72 so I waited a while to see his match fitness to get a bit higher. He then comes to me and says he wants first team football and may have to go elsewhere. I played him in the next match and as expected he got an injury and is now out for 4-6 weeks.

I can't bloody win, I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

My FM13 use is coming to an end with the emergence of FIFA14 and the fast approaching date of FM14 so i'm going to give it one last save and i've decided to go with Arsenal on the recent update! £42m in the transfer kitty and the aim is top 4. Here goes!

Congrats on the League Cup win. Few tough loses spread throughout though. How are you faring in the league?

Nice to know it gets read thanks mark. i will do an end of season review at some point tonight.

Ayew is a great signing inside forward on the left he is almost unplayable in my last afc save.

2vxowg7.jpg

A great start to the season, the free signing of Benzema on the back of a broken leg has been a revelation. His hattrick in the destruction of Manchester United being a personal highlight. Wilshere has also upped his goal scoring tally with 6 already, similar to a present day Aaron Ramsey.

Currently 4th on 20 points with 9 games played with Manchester United leading the pack with 23 points, with Liverpool and Manchester City a close 3rd. Tottenham are a point behind in 5th, with Chelsea languishing in 9th after a slow start.

Was drawn in a ECL group with Dortmund, Zenit and Galatasaray. A tough group which we should either win or come second. Currently joint top on 9 points with Dortmund who have a goal more, with Zenit and Galatasaray on 4 points each after 4 games played.

Season Review 13/14 April May

Europa League Q/F 1st leg

Arsenal 2: Chamberlain 23' Ramsey 60'

Sevilla 0:

League

Newcastle 1: Gutierrez 49' Gouffran s/o 7'

Arsenal 0:

Europa League Q/F 2nd leg

Sevilla 1: Iborra 4'

Arsenal 3: Caulker 20' Chamberlain 60' Suarez 62'

**Won 5-1 on Agg

League

Chelsea 0:

Arsenal 4: Caulker 15' Koscielny 29' Walcott 35' El Shaarawy 48'

Everton 0:

Arsenal 0:

Fa Cup Semi Final

Arsenal 1: Streete 60'

Spurs 2: Soldado 24' 56'

Europa League Semi Final 1st leg

Liverpool 1: Griezmann 49'

Arsenal 0:

League

Arsenal 2: Suarez 21' Ozil 42'

West Ham 0:

Europa League S/F 2nd leg

Arsenal 3: Suarez 47' Ramsey 68' Chamberlain 72'

Liverpool 0:

**Won 3-1 on Agg

League

Arsenal 4: Suarez 10' Arteta 24' 41' El Shaarawy 88'

West Brom 0:

Arsenal 0:

Man City 0:

Hull 1: Jerome 90'

Arsenal 2: Gnarby 37' Campbell 85'

Europa League Final

Benfica 1: Aguilar 43'

Arsenal 0:

League

Blackburn 1: Rhodes 23'

Arsenal 3: Ramsey 26' Vermaelen 41' El Shaarawy 79'

Final League Table

asma.jpg

Koscielny was awarded with Players Player of the Year

Caulker was handed Players Young Player of the Year

4 players where in the team of the year including Baines, Caulker, Koscielny & Ozil

No it doesn't.

Jesus....I know you are sort of an official figure on here...but if you really think that this was an entirely serious statement, rather than an intro to a vaguely amusing story pointing out bits of the ME that still don't quite work on odd occasions (straight reds for handballs in possession on the halfway line, games where over half your player get seriously or significantly injured despite being 100% fit).....then your sense of humour needs serious adjustment!

Jesus....I know you are sort of an official figure on here...but if you really think that this was an entirely serious statement, rather than an intro to a vaguely amusing story pointing out bits of the ME that still don't quite work on odd occasions (straight reds for handballs in possession on the halfway line, games where over half your player get seriously or significantly injured despite being 100% fit).....then your sense of humour needs serious adjustment!

The straight red for deliberate handball is a known ME issue. The fitness issues you are having are probably down to training, both preseason and during the course of the campaign.

And in fairness it's not exactly easy to detect tone in a simple forum post, unfortunately. :)

The straight red for deliberate handball is a known ME issue. The fitness issues you are having are probably down to training, both preseason and during the course of the campaign.

And in fairness it's not exactly easy to detect tone in a simple forum post, unfortunately. :)

Actually all the players in the match in question were between 98-100% for all values...just a quirk of game...

Ah yes tone on the internet...we're all guilty....myself as much as anyone else sometimes....

Just starting an Arsenal save following LFC marshall summer update - want to try Ozil with you guys.

A couple of questions.... has anyone managed to sign Caulker? Any good?

Also, Benteke and Baines are on the transfer list and being offered to me - I'm going to buy both of them....but Baines is 20 mill - and 27 mill for Benteke - would appreciate any views on any experience of these two as well.

I don't get much time to play - so can't afford to make too many mistakes ;)

How do you guys deal with red cards?. Every player who gets sent off I fine a weeks wages whether it's 2 yellows or a straight red.

Usually warnings, and I am warier of less professional characters (i.e. Podolski) who kick off when fined etc. No benefit to upsetting them to apply a principle. Players don't give a toss who you fined teammates for on FM, so i treat them on an individual basis.

Archived