FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished second season and romped the league, won it with 2 games to spear 9 points clear of Chelsea in the end. Didn't do well in domestic cups, Man u knocked us out of both.

European wise was good, won our group beat R. Madrid in first knockout and Man City in the quaters. in the semis we played bayern, lost the first leg at home 1 -2, drew away 2 -2. Bayern eventual winners beat CELTIC 3 - 1.

arsenalstationlogo2_zpsb8baf251.jpg

Season 2012/13

March Update

Premier League

Arsenal 3 - Wilshire (pen,3), Walcott (24), Vermaelen (63)

Chelsea 0

UEFA Champions League 1st KO - 2nd leg

AC.Milan 0(2)

Arsenal 1(4) - Ayew (43)

FA.Cup 6th Rnd

Arsenal 2 - Cazorla (19), Giroud (78)

Newcastle 1 - Anita (4)

Premier League

Arsenal 2 - Vermaelen (33, 83)

Tottenham 0

WBA 1 - Lukaku (44)

Arsenal 2 - Dede (55), Ayew (70)

March Table

Table_March_zps1edbf536.jpg

Up & Coming Fixtures

3rd April - Man Utd - h - 1st leg UEFA CL

6th April - Newcastle - a - PL

9th April - Man Utd - a - 2nd leg UEFA CL

14th April - Man City - N - FA.Cup Semi Final

17th April - Man Utd - a - PL

839d217a-dedb-4a88-8434-53b52fdf98f2_zpscd34ab3c.jpg

April Update

02/04/16 | Barclays Premiership | Craven Cottage

Arsenal 0

Fulham 0

06/04/16 | UEFA Champions League (Qtr Final Leg 2) | Estadio Da Luz

Arsenal 0(3)

SLB 0(0)

10/04/16 | Barclays Premiership | Emirates

Arsenal 3 ( Eduardo 17 & 36 & 59)

Tottenham 3 (Bernard 5 , Adebayor 79 & 82)

16/04/16 | Barclays Premiership | St James' Park

Arsenal 3 ( Sturridge 8 , Oxlade-Chamberlain Inj 32 , Sturridge 35 , Wilshere 48)

Newcastle 2 ( Costa 75 , Chamakh 87)

20/04/16 | UEFA Champions League (Semi-Final 1st Leg) | Emirates

Arsenal 2 ( Dede 37 , Sturridge 45+2)

Inter 1 (Heung-Min 15)

23/04/16 | Barclays Premiership | Emirates

Arsenal 1 ( Sturridge 15)

Man City 0

26/04/16 | UEFA Champions League (Semi-Final 2nd Leg) | Giuseppe Meazza

Arsenal 3 (5) ( Moi Gomez 47 , Giroud 82 , Fierro 89)

Inter 1 (2) ( Obi 16)

30/04/16 | Barclays Premiership | Emirates

Arsenal 4 ( Moi Gomez 17 , Marshall O/G 35 , Dede 64 , Li Yumimg 79)

Cardiff 1 ( Milner 56)

Season 2012/13

April Update

UEFA Champions League Q/F 1st Leg

Arsenal 2 - Cazorla (46), Vermaelen (54)

Man Utd 1 - Nani (10)

Premier League

Newcastle 3 - Sissoko (40), Cisse (64), Ben Arfa (87), Sissoko S/O (68)

Arsenal 0

UEFA Champions League Q/F 2nd Leg

Man Utd 1 (2) - Hernandez (81)

Arsenal 1 (3) - Walcott (14)

FA.Cup Semi-Final

Arsenal 2 - Wilshire (21), Giroud (90+3), Ayew S/O (41)

Man City 1 - Guidetti (13)

Premier League

Man Utd 1 - Rooney (13)

Arsenal 2 - Koscielny (3), Arteta (54)

**Arsenal Premier League Champions 2013**

Arsenal 2 - Isco (35), Wilshire (43)

Liverpool 0

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg

Arsenal 1 - Giroud (79)

Barcelona 2 - Messi (18), Xavi (90+2)

Premier League

Arsenal 0

Stoke 0

SAF didn't rate me or my team, so we showed SAF exactly how to play entertaining attacking football by beating United 2-1 at OT and becoming Premier League Champions for 2013. Up yours Ferguson.

We also showed the blue half of Manchester what football is all about by beating them 2-1 at Wembley in the FA.Cup semi-final to set up a meeting with Man Utd in the final.

We were so unlucky to lose the first leg against Barcelona. Their winner was a joke, Szczesny came out to clear a loose ball and was challenged by Messi and the ball squirmed out to Xavi who was 30 yards out and shot straight into an unguarded net.

Still the Premier League and Capital One Cup have been secured and we are still in the FA.Cup, so the double is on and there is also the Champions League to play for, fingers crossed.

Season 2012/13

May Update

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg

Barcelona 2 (4) - Fabregas (26), Villa (79)

Arsenal 2 (3) - Walcott (60), Giroud (84)

Premier League

Arsenal 0

Wigan 0

WHU 0

Arsenal 2 - Cazorla (11), Koscielny (73)

FA.Cup Final

Man Utd 0

Arsenal 2 - Akpom (16), Vermaelen (30)

Premier League

Swansea 2 - de Guzman (33, pen 43)

Arsenal 1 - Cazorla (24)

2012/13 Final League Table

2013-table_zpsee1a9345.jpg

What's the best role for Ramsey? (Pr0 update)

Trying to work on a good tactic to start with. 4231

TM(a)

??? - AP(A) - W(A)

DLP(D) -???

Flat, standard back four

Which would work out as:

TM(A)

??? - Wilshere - Walcott

Arteta - Ramsey

Maybe make Wilshere an AM(A) with Cazorla out wide as AP(A) or maybe IF(A)

Aizo4576

Would recommend dropping the two CM's back to DM and setting them up as DLP (Defend) and DM (Support). Central Midfielder's don't operate properly in the ME regards defensive play, and with no wide players in midfield area, (as in they are at AMR/L and not MR/L), your back four will be left over exposed to the counter attack.

I'd also have one of your FB's on the Attack duty. As I said before, it's good to have players moving between the lines.

Regarding the three men behind your Striker, I'd suggest having the IF on the Support duty as you need to get mre players into goalscoring areas. At the minute, I'd imagine you'd rely too heavily on the striker.

Great first season as Arsenal

Spent 80% of it catching up with the top 4, reaching fourth with three games left and slipping from 2nd back to 4th on the last day.

No domestic cups but won the CL! 1-0 against Madrid. Beat Dortmund 8-0 in the semi's too!

Also beat city 8-2 in the league!

Tello has been amazing. Scored a 7 of the goals in those 2 games above.

I'm starting a new save on the latest lfcmarshall update that came out today!

£55m warchest, i'm not going to change the whole squad like i normally do with Arsenal, i'm going to improve it gradually. Probably looking at Bendtner and Park the only outgoings.

Going to adopt a 5-3-2 controlled formation, looking to keep the ball but at the same time being more solid defensively. I also have an attacking 4-2-3-1 for games against teams i'm more than confident of beating.

Aim is for top 4, although that might be tricky considering how well Spurs always seem to do on this game!

I've just finished pre-season on my first season with Arsenal on patch 13.3 and have switched between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1/4-3-3. Santi Carzola hasn't been great for me in pre-season and was wondering where people play him and in what role to get the best out of him? Cheers

I've just finished pre-season on my first season with Arsenal on patch 13.3 and have switched between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1/4-3-3. Santi Carzola hasn't been great for me in pre-season and was wondering where people play him and in what role to get the best out of him? Cheers

In a 4-2-3-1 I used at AMC as AP (Support) or at AML as AP (Attack). In a 4-4-2 he was at CM as AP (Attack). Did very well before I sold him to tycoon backed Everton.

In a 4-2-3-1 I used at AMC as AP (Support) or at AML as AP (Attack). In a 4-4-2 he was at CM as AP (Attack). Did very well before I sold him to tycoon backed Everton.
Thanks tomtuck, will give that a go and hopefully he'll perform

Signings complete nice and early by the 22nd of july.

Sakho - £12m

Papadopolous - £15m

Schneiderlin - £8.5m

Damiao - £18.5m

out:

Park - £5m

Bendtner - £5.5m

Diaby - on loan

As you can see i've massively strengthened my defense with 2 young big defensive units, schniederlin adds great depth to the centre of midfield (after being outpriced for cabaye) and Damiao i finally landed who adds quality upfront!

hopefully these signings will be enough to help me secure top 4 this season. what do you think?

Start of the season and my fixtures are already building up with 4 games in 8 days! Premier League game at Anfield on the Saturday, first Champions league group stage game away at Slovan Liberec on the Tuesday, home to Stoke in the Capital Cup 3rd Round on the Thursday before finally hosting Man Utd at the Emirates on the Saturday! Will probably play a rotated team in the Champions League game and a mixture of youth and experience in the cup vs Stoke to make sure my main team are fresh for the big one at the Emirates.

Resting players for the Man Utd game didn't work. The week started well with a 3-0 win at Anfield and in the Champions League, but then lost to Stoke 1-0 in the cup with a very weakened team (5 debutants from youth) and then lost 1-0 to Utd at the Emirates with Santi getting injured to add to the list already including Wilshere, Sagna, Rosicky, Vermaelen and Arteta. Next up, Chelsea at home in the league (re-arranged game due to their participation in the Super Cup)

looking for a strong, tall striker, who can challenge for a place with giroud, who can hold the ball up and is good in the air! anyone have any suggestions?

I'm trying to get Damiao but it's proving a tough task!

Christian Benteke?

Since I haven't managed in one of the top 4 leagues yet on FM13 I decided to take charge of Arsenal.

This has so far been, without a doubt, THE most frustrating save to date. No matter what I try, we keep conceding while we create very little ourselves. The first few matches went fine, but now we have lost to the likes of Bristol City and Molde and are currently on a 7 match losing streak! Especially Mertesacker and Szczesny have been so ridiculously incompetent that I am seriously considering to play Fabianski and Jenkinson instead.

Well, rant over.. How can I move forward? Has anyone else had these defensive problems, and how did you manage to fix them?

Big hard to offer advice without any knowledge of what you're doing tactically.

Was expecting that answer :p I'll upload a couple screenshots.

Edit:

Below are the formation and team instructions.

The idea is that we would play a Bayern-esque style, but with a more involved #9 to link up play. However, so far I have only managed to create 1 opportunity which would do the team justice (A threatening Cazorla feeding towards Lewandowski who drops down and flicks it on for Arteta who comes forward). First things first, though - Getting defense back in shape.

Formation

pcu8.png

Instructions

fic9.png

I am struggling to get my front three tk score enough goals. My set up is Cazorla - AML as AP (Attack) Giroud DLF (Support) and Walcott AMR as a Inside Forward (Attack). I also play Ramsey/Wilshere as box to box midfielders. Now i seem to struggle with creating chances and scoring goals. I am playing Balance with Standard Attack strategy at the moment. Passing Shorter and More Creative Freedom.Every other team instructions is on default. I also use Zonal Marking.

Can you let me know what I should be doing to create more chances and score more goals. Thank you in advance

I am struggling to get my front three tk score enough goals. My set up is Cazorla - AML as AP (Attack) Giroud DLF (Support) and Walcott AMR as a Inside Forward (Attack). I also play Ramsey/Wilshere as box to box midfielders. Now i seem to struggle with creating chances and scoring goals. I am playing Balance with Standard Attack strategy at the moment. Passing Shorter and More Creative Freedom.Every other team instructions is on default. I also use Zonal Marking.

Can you let me know what I should be doing to create more chances and score more goals. Thank you in advance

While I bet others can give you much more detailed advice than me, the first thing I noticed is that you have Walcott on the right side as an inside forward. First of all, his Long Shot attribute is way too low for him to perform this role. Secondly, when you think about a player cutting inside from the right, his left foot becomes the obvious foot to shoot with - unfortunately Walcott is right footed. I have had some success (after my post above you) with playing Podolski in that role, since his long shot is great and he is a lefty. Only downsides with him so far is that he is not so familiar with the AMR position, nor does he curl shots. He has scored 8 in 16 for me so far.

Unfortunately Cazorla has been injured for me for 6 months and I only play Giroud as a super sub, but I think you got both their roles right. Do they get any support from other players? e.g. wingbacks or midfielders who rush forward?

While I bet others can give you much more detailed advice than me, the first thing I noticed is that you have Walcott on the right side as an inside forward. First of all, his Long Shot attribute is way too low for him to perform this role. Secondly, when you think about a player cutting inside from the right, his left foot becomes the obvious foot to shoot with - unfortunately Walcott is right footed. I have had some success (after my post above you) with playing Podolski in that role, since his long shot is great and he is a lefty. Only downsides with him so far is that he is not so familiar with the AMR position, nor does he curl shots. He has scored 8 in 16 for me so far.

Unfortunately Cazorla has been injured for me for 6 months and I only play Giroud as a super sub, but I think you got both their roles right. Do they get any support from other players? e.g. wingbacks or midfielders who rush forward?

I appreciate your help. With regards to Walcott would you recommend playing him as a winger with a support duty. My on concern now is with Giroud as a DLF (Support) and Cazorla has a AP (Attack) none of my front three ar set up to score goals because Giroud will be drolping deep looking to drag out the defenders and make space for players running from deep. Cazorla playing as AP (Attack) he is more of a creator than goal scorer. Walcott will also be looking to create from the right wing than score goals. I only have Ramsey as the only player running from central midfield he is set to central midfielder attack . Also one of my full backs is set to attack. This is the left full back

I appreciate your help. With regards to Walcott would you recommend playing him as a winger with a support duty. My on concern now is with Giroud as a DLF (Support) and Cazorla has a AP (Attack) none of my front three ar set up to score goals because Giroud will be drolping deep looking to drag out the defenders and make space for players running from deep. Cazorla playing as AP (Attack) he is more of a creator than goal scorer. Walcott will also be looking to create from the right wing than score goals. I only have Ramsey as the only player running from central midfield he is set to central midfielder attack . Also one of my full backs is set to attack. This is the left full back

You could switch Cazorla to the right, still utilizing him as an AP - then Walcott could be your IF on the other side. It also makes sense that if you want one of your fullbacks to come forward, you use the fullback behind your IF. This is because your IF will cut inside, leaving space down the flank for the FB to run into.

I had the same problem, so I sat down and read right through this thread so I could understand how the new system worked.

This is my team set up.....

team_zps73b16e3c.jpg

Rosso, wouldn't it make more sense to switch Podolski and Walcott?

....Rosso, wouldn't it make more sense to switch Podolski and Walcott?

I take it that you haven't looked at where Podolski plays because if you have you will see that anywhere on the right is a no-no as he gets orange markers at MC MC/R and IF/AMR, also Podolski is down as left foot only.

I take it that you haven't looked at where Podolski plays because if you have you will see that anywhere on the right is a no-no as he gets orange markers at MC MC/R and IF/AMR, also Podolski is down as left foot only.

He would need some training of course, and being left foot only does limit his passing options - but then again, Robben is left footed and that appears to be more of a strength than weakness on the right side (He is more a traditional winger on the left). Anyway, how have their performances been for you?

Firstly, if it works, then don't change it.

Secondly, I do think your logic is slightly floored. You're playing both your wingers as inside forwards, so you're asking them to cut in so Podolski being left footed wouldn't be a hinderance at all. Also, it doesn't necessarily matter if he gets orange markers at AMR, or wherever, if he has the stats to play there, he'll do a job.

First Season - 4th Position, CL Winners

Second Season - 3rd Position, FA Cup Winners

About to start my third season, just signed Xavi, Lewandowski and Clasie

Still in profit as far as transfers go since starting the save, even with the big 38m signing of Busquets. Sold Rodrigo to United for 30m

Firstly, if it works, then don't change it.

Secondly, I do think your logic is slightly floored. You're playing both your wingers as inside forwards, so you're asking them to cut in so Podolski being left footed wouldn't be a hinderance at all. Also, it doesn't necessarily matter if he gets orange markers at AMR, or wherever, if he has the stats to play there, he'll do a job.

In the earlier versions people used to play right footed players on the left and vice versa because they used to say, like you did, that if they are cutting inside then it would work better, then the developers said that it didn't matter as both a natural sided player playing on the opposite wing would make no difference.

The orange markers will make a difference as playing a player out of position will alter their effectiveness. By playing any player in their natural position will give you 98 - 100% effectiveness whereas playing someone like Podolski on the right will make him say 75% effective.

So yes you can play someone out of position, which I have done in an emergency, but I wouldn't expect them to have a really good game.

can anyone suggest a good poacher , I have Walcott , Podolski and Giroud as my strikers and use 2 poachers , I think Podolski and Walcott will make good poachers but not sure about Giroud so maybe would like to bring in someone else and maybe offload Giroud or Podolski next season depending how well they do.

my budget is £25m?

start of season 1

Two poachers? Blimey! 4-3-3 I pressume?

more a 5-3-2 , its actually a tactic from the tactic forum on here , it uses 2 wingbacks and 3 central defenders plus 3 box to box midfielders and 2 poachers.

working well so far.

As it does not use wide players , I have moved Walcott up top and Im trying oxlaide out as box to box to see how he does as he can play central.

Archived