FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

Regarding Tomas Rosicky as a tutor - he is probably the best personality in your squad, a great mix of determination, ambition and professionalism. Deals with pressure well, good temperament etc. Really is a top tutor.
Determination is fairly irrelevant.

I'd say Arteta as a Model Professional is bare far and away to best tutor.

Yes, Arteta is the best tutor in the starting squad. But, Rosicky is also a good tutor with his Resolute personality.

Tom, I seen on Twitter you have Benzia and just loaned him out. I have bought him as well, how has he developed/performed for you so far?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just started my AFC save on 2013, now I have read that some people managed to recall loaned players back before the end of the transfer window in August, is this true as I thought you had to wait until the loan expired?.

Also what have you guys done about the guys awaiting WP's have you just sold them?.

Tom, I seen on Twitter you have Benzia and just loaned him out. I have bought him as well, how has he developed/performed for you so far?

He has developed well but hasn't really done much for me so far. He managed only 36 appearances in two seasons due to having/bringing in more experienced players. He scored nine goals for me so far and did put in some impressive performances.

He's really flying at Norwich though and has managed twelve goals in seventeen appearances so far. However, I'm unsure if I'll bring him back or try sell him as I've Chuba Akpom who has been awesome this season after getting a chance during an injury crisis.

I have just started my AFC save on 2013, now I have read that some people managed to recall loaned players back before the end of the transfer window in August, is this true as I thought you had to wait until the loan expired?.

Also what have you guys done about the guys awaiting WP's have you just sold them?.

If you have the option to recall them in the loan agreement then you can recall them at any point with 24 hours notice.

anyone got an ideas on a cheap GK at start of season 1 , need a young with potential or perhaps older keeper as backup to Szczęsny.

Only have him and Martinez

budget £4.5m

cheers

If you have the option to recall them in the loan agreement then you can recall them at any point with 24 hours notice.

There seemed to be a lot of peeps who seemed to be selling the loanee's as soon as the game loads.

Methinks with the help of a Mr Ed. Itor.

anyone got an ideas on a cheap GK at start of season 1 , need a young with potential or perhaps older keeper as backup to Szczęsny.

Only have him and Martinez

budget £4.5m

cheers

I bought Tim Krul from Newcastle in one save, but I can't for the life of me remember how much I payed....I think it was more than £4.5m :(.

Arsenal FC - Pre-Season 2012/13

Fr Barnet (a) w 5-1 Mertesacker 8, Podolski 19, 89, Walcott 27, Giroud 48

Fr Iraklis (a) w 4-0 Giroud 18, 29, 72, Gibbs 67

Fr Huston (a) w 3-0 Ibarra og18, Vermaelen 62, Cazorla 84

Fr Schalke 04 (h) w 3-2 Gervinho 5, Giroud 51, Gibbs 75

Fr Sporting (a) w 4-2 Cazorla 7, 21, Giroud 9, O.Chamberlain 23

We had a really good pre-season scoring 19 with only 5 in reply, which has set us up nicely for the start of the forthcoming season. Go Go Gunners!

Due to injuries to Jenkinson and Sagna which left me short of right backs, we brought in Corchia and to make things worse Koscielny got injured which left us short in central defence, yes you guessed it.....we brought in Kurt Zouma.

Then we got short on the left due to another injury crisis so in came Ayew.

Premier League 2012/13 - August/September 2012

Fulham (h) 3-2 O.Chamberlain (8), Giroud (66), Arshavin (74)

Aston Villa (a) 2-1 Cazorla (32), Mertesacker (71)

QPR (h) 2-0 Ayew (34), Giroud (60)

Sunderland (a) 1-2 Arteta (58)

Everton (h) 0-2

Man City (a) 2-2 Giroud (77), Ramsey (90)

UEFA Champions League - Group Stage

Valencia (a) 1-0 Giroud (78)

Capital One Cup - 3rd Round

Reading (h) 4-2 Gnabry (4), O.Chamberlain (40), Koscielny (45, 72)

I was trying to catch up with myself hence the 2 quick posts.

In the UEFA Champions League we have been drawn with Valencia, Ajax and Romanian unknowns FC Vaslui.

Premier League - October 2012

Reading (h) 3-0 Cazorla (34), Giroud (66), Chamberlain (81)

Southampton (h) 5-4 Walcott (3, 70), Giroud (37), Bentley (og 55), Ramsey (89)

Norwich (a) 1-1 Ayew (83)

FC.Vaslui (h) 5-0 Giroud (1, 10, 45), Ayew (38), Cazorla (65)

Ajax (h) 1-1 Giroud (20)

Capital One Cup - 4th Round

Blackpool(h) 1-0 Gilkes (og 40)

Looks a bit of a mixed bag there!

The defeats by Sunderland and Everton we were very disjointed and seemed to be running around like the proverbial headless chickens.

At Man City we came from 2-0 down to get a draw and we were a completely different team and battled away for each other.

We seemed to have settled down as a team now as you will see when I finally catch up with myself later today.

Premier League 2012/13 - November Update

Premier League

Tottenham 1 - Bale (9)

Arsenal 2 - Giroud (pen 32, 69)

Ajax 1 - Babel (33)

Arsenal 0

Premier League

Arsenal 3 - Giroud (13), Coquelin (45+1, 59)

WBA 0

Arsenal 2 - Giroud (16), Chamberlain (48)

Newcastle 1 - Sissoko (37)

Arsenal 3 - Wilshire (9), Giroud (22), Ramsey (23)

Valencia 0

Premier League

Chelsea 2 - Bertrand (7), Hazard (45+2)

Arsenal 2 - Giroud (2), Cazorla (84)

Capitol One Cup - Qtr/Final

Arsenal 5 - Ayew (8), Arteta (pen 34, 39), Wilshire (51), Giroud (66), Arteta missed penalty 12

Liverpool 2 - Shelvey (6), Suarez (49), Kelly s/o 88

We had a good November starting with a 2-1 away win over our north London neighbours and ending with an outstanding display of attacking football over Liverpool at the Emirates. We could have had double figures against Liverpool after having 3 goals disallowed, hit the post four times and 3 headers against the crossbar.

In between we lost 1-0 to an unlucky goal against Ajax, a shot from Babel came back off of the post and hit Szczesny on the back and rolled over the line.

WBA and Newcastle never gave us any problems in the league and in the Champions League we swept aside Valencia quite easily.

Back to league action and an away fixture at Stamfordski Bridgeski where we came away with a point when we should have all three, but you can't allow for bad refereeing.

Premier League Table

Prem-Table_zpsad51d0c6.jpg

Has anyone managed to make Akpom, Gnabry, Bellerin etc first teamers, seen their stats they really don't look all that

They take some work, but none of my saves have lasted long enough. Having said that making excellent progress with them currently.

Just about to start the 2015/16 season after finishing the season in a disappointing 4th place finish which was complemented by Champions League and FA Cup wins.

Going into the community shield with this lineup.

x3cta9.jpg

Had great success with this tactic at home with a counter philosophy to some big team, particularly Barcelona who we routed 5-1 and a strong Benfica side 6-0.

Going for a title push this season. :cool:

Has anyone managed to make Akpom, Gnabry, Bellerin etc first teamers, seen their stats they really don't look all that

Here's Chuba Akpom;

ChubaAkpom-March2016_zps62658276.png

Still got some improving to do, but I've been delighed with how he has done for me this season. He has really stepped up during an injury crisis. :thup:

I am playing 4-2-3-1, same as I was using in FM12, and things are looking a bit raggedy player wise at the moment as I seem to be getting more than my fair share of injuries.

I am actually having to play players about 80% fit, then at half time bring them off and replace them with another 80% fit player.

Will be selling and spending to strengthen the squad for next season.

team-formation_zpsa8688ac0.jpg

I think its really too many games with too little players.

Apart from the team I'm just about getting 7 players fit enough to sit on the bench, then when I do I get more crocked. Its costing me a bomb in overtime for the physios.:lol:

Will have to evaluate the squad and strengthen the squad where needed.

839d217a-dedb-4a88-8434-53b52fdf98f2_zpscd34ab3c.jpg

November Update

03/11/15 | UEFA Champions League(Grp Stage) | Emirates

Arsenal 2 ( Oxlade-Chamberlain 17 , Giroud 72)

PSG 0

07/11/15 | Barclays Premiership | Emirates

Arsenal 3 ( Dede 53 , Eduardo 67 , Fierro 79)

Norwich 0

22/11/15 | Barclays Premiership | Goodison Park

Arsenal 1 ( Eduardo PEN 87)

Everton 1 (Jelavic 32)

25/11/15 | UEFA Champions League | Estadio do Dragao

Arsenal 1 ( Fierro 79)

FCP 1 ( Hernandez PEN 6)

29/11/15 | Barclays Premiership | White Hart Lane

Arsenal 0

Tottenham 0

injurycross_zpsb6e79f56.jpg

As 30/11/15

Dede | Twisted Knee | 10-14 days

Liu Hailong | Twisted Knee | 2-4 Days

Abou Diaby | Pulled Hamstring | 2-3 Weeks

just started my second season. Finished 2nd in the league behind city in the first, Madrid knocked me out of the quarters, rested players in the domestic cups so went out early in both.

this is my squad for the second season. Made Wilshere Captain.

myf9.jpg

Playing a lone striker on an "Attack" duty? Doomed to failure.

You mean like cleon did with his Tottenham team and was majorly successful?

Everybody looking for advice on the forums don't look at this as its a fact, it isn't. It's one persons opinion which is wrong and proven to have been wrong.

Archived