FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominating the league there mate. I take it your first choice Strike Partnership is Nasa and Cavani? How does Bennet feature in there?
nope Nasa and Fierro , Bennett plays as an Inside forward in AMR slot - Cavani is a sub , I'll probably have to sell the Ox as he wants a new challenge & I was unable to persuade him to change his mind but I'm not letting him go without a fight due to his versatility

first season finished 4th , had a battle just like irl and finished level on points with Liverpool in 5th and spurs in 6th.

I had some bad runs along the way and nearly got the sack but managed to turn it around and had a strong finish to the season , also I have made the final of the Champions league and play Real Madrid.

Vermaelen got injured for a long spell early in the season and since returning to fitness has not had a look in due to the outstanding performances of Per Mertsacker which has also earned him EPL player of the season. If anyone is wondering kos and mert partnership really is a better combination.

Another good performance was from Tom Ince who has performed very well when given a chance, a very promising player for the future.

Now just got to hope I can play well against Real Madrid with Arteta and Jovetic both picking up lengthy injuries ruling them out!

It's been a while since I've played and I've just decided to come back with a new challenge. I want to win the league in 2 seasons only ever using a 3-back formation (No WBs allowed - using them is a 5-back in my opinion).

I've managed to bring in Zouma, Papadopolous, Umtiti and Varane in the summer transfer window, and have let go of Mertesacker (too slow to work, I feared) and Jenkinson. I'm hoping if I can sell Diaby I can bring in Lars Bender before August is over. A few others have gone out on loan.

Early pre-season has gone quite well. Not lost yet and the back 3 look quite solid. The only problem I'm having is preventing the long shots and improving the number of shots on target. Once I've increased the threat in front of goal I think I could be on to a winner.

Wilshere out for 2-3 months. :(

He is pretty much my midfield. Ox just isn't doing it for me in midfield. Not sure why he has all the attributes to at least do better than he is now. I am wondering if the difference is because Wilshere has gets forward whenever possible ppm and Ox doesn't. So to in effect replicate that I should just alter runs from deep to often?

It's been a while since I've played and I've just decided to come back with a new challenge. I want to win the league in 2 seasons only ever using a 3-back formation (No WBs allowed - using them is a 5-back in my opinion).

I've managed to bring in Zouma, Papadopolous, Umtiti and Varane in the summer transfer window, and have let go of Mertesacker (too slow to work, I feared) and Jenkinson. I'm hoping if I can sell Diaby I can bring in Lars Bender before August is over. A few others have gone out on loan.

Early pre-season has gone quite well. Not lost yet and the back 3 look quite solid. The only problem I'm having is preventing the long shots and improving the number of shots on target. Once I've increased the threat in front of goal I think I could be on to a winner.

Right, I'm beginning to wonder if I need to start this again. I began on FM Classic, because I don't really have the time or the patience for the full game anymore, but I've since found that FMC strips the analysis part out of the match screen so it makes it far tougher to resolve tactical failings.

The two problems I'm currently having are terrible pass success in the defensive third (50-60%) and an excess of shots from distance but too few quality chances. I might run a full save until November to see if I can iron out these problems before returning to the faster FMC with a more refined tactic.

Frustrated!

Wilshere out for 2-3 months. :(

He is pretty much my midfield. Ox just isn't doing it for me in midfield. Not sure why he has all the attributes to at least do better than he is now. I am wondering if the difference is because Wilshere has gets forward whenever possible ppm and Ox doesn't. So to in effect replicate that I should just alter runs from deep to often?

you could always try to train him to 'get forward Whenever possible

arsenalintroduction2.png

MONTHLY UPDATE - December

After a decent November, we were thrust into a hectic Christmas period. With a full fuxture schedule, we had to contend with increasingly poor squad morale and fatigue which saw many first-team players perform below expectations. All in all, it wasn't a good December...

FIXTURES & RESULTS

3.12.13 | Capital One Cup - Quarter Final;

Everton - 1 (Baines pen. '104)

Arsenal - 0

A disappointing curtailment to a competition we had a real chance of winning. Albeit a second-string starting eleven, the side, on paper, was good enough to beat an average Everton side. Stevan Jovetić and Per Mertesacker had chances to score in regular time, but failed to do so and it ultimately cost us. On a positive note, Serge Gnabry made a good impression on the game as a whole - as did Leon Goretzka.

8.12.13 | Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 0

Aston Villa - 0

Following our embarrassing Capital One Cup exit earlier on the week, we returned to The Emirates with a win being our priority. Again, though, we didn't take our chances. Mikel Arteta, Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla supplied the front three with some good chances, but Theo Walcott missed two good chances, while Santi Cazorla's 85th minute header was saved well by Brad Guzan. A chance to gain ground on our Premier League rivals missed...

11.12.13 | UEFA Champions League - Group Stage;

Arsenal - 1 (Giroud '40)

Napoli SC - 1 (Pandev '63)

With qualification into the latter stages of the competition already confirmed, this game meant little, giving me a good chance to test my new 4-4-2 formation. All in all, the performance was a good one: we controlled the game, passed the ball well and were on the front-foot for large parts of the game. Olivier Giroud headed us in front after a fine cross from Jack Wilshere. Defensively, we left room for improvement, but it was a makeshift back four - with Per Mertesacker missing through fatigue.

15.12.13 | Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 0

Chelsea - 2 (Mata '11, Torres '46)

With tiredness a growing factor in the squad, this result and performance came as no surprise really, as annoyingly sad that is. Again, we controlled the game, but defensively we were exploited by Chelsewith both Mata and Torres' goals coming from counter-attacking situations. It's not as if we didn't have the chances, though; Theo Walcott missed a clear-cut chance after breezing passed Ashley Cole, while Stevan Jovetić, Olivier Giroud and Santi Cazorla also missed good chances respectively - albeit they were saved by Petr Cech in inspired form. Frustrating.

21.12.13 | Barclays Premier League;

Everton - 1 (Oviedo '72)

Arsenal - 1 (Giroud '82)

We returned to the scene of our disastrous Capital One Cup exit. And we didn't redeem ourselves very well. Again, the essence of the I want to play was achieved: we retained possession well and made chances, albeit relatively low-key ones. Bryan Oviedo gave Moyes' side the lead, but Olivier Giroud spared our blushes with a thumping header from 6-yards. Improvement needed.

26.12.13 | Barclays Premier League;

Sp*rs - 1 (García '62)

Arsenal - 1 (Jovetić '57)

Arguably our most important fixture of the Christmas period, we travelled to Sh*te Hart Lane with little confidence but enough spirit and heart. Sp*rs, to be fair to them, have been doing pretty well this season, but they, in particular Hugo Lloris, couldn't foresee Stevan Jovetić's cracking 25-yard strike 10-minutes after half-time. Our lead and joy was short-lived as Javi García equalised for the small club. Gooner through-and-through, Jack Wilshere, had the chance to make it 2-1 just 5-minutes later but failed to do so.

This fixture also marked the long-awaited return of Laurent Koscielny to the first-team after a broken leg. Welcome back, Laurent!

29.12.13 | Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 1 (Jovetić '90+5)

Manchester United - 1 (Rooney '75)

We were by far the better team, but weren't duly rewarded for our good performance for one reason or another. Going forward, Jack Wilshere missed a clear-cut chance early on. Defensively, with Laurent Koscielny back alongisde Per Mertesacker, we were good until the lanky German's poor touch gave an in-form Wayne Rooney a chance to nip in and score - needless to say he did so with ease. We equalised with just seconds remaining, which was rather unjust in itself considering the chances we had earlier in the game. Aaron Ramsey's dinked pass landed at the feet of Stevan Jovetić who finished well.

A poor result which didn't reflect the impressive, promising performance.

bpltable1stjanuary.png

Barclays Premier League table; as of January 1st - we've drawn far too many games!

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - LAST 16 DRAW

Following our qualification from the group stage along with Jürgen Klopp's Borussia Dortmund, we've learned of our UEFA Champions League future: Arsenal have been drawn against La Liga leaders Real Madrid. The fixtures will take place on February 18th and March 12th, the former being at The Emirates and the latter at the Santiago Bernabéu.

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW PLANS

There's already good news, we've agreed a deal to bring Olympique Lyonnais midfielder Clément Grenier to The Emirates. At around £6.8 million and £22,000-a-week, he 22-year old Frenchman will add depth and creativity to our midfield options. Baring notable similarities to Yoann Gourcuff in terms of style and looks, I'm sure Grenier will adapt well to the Arsenal way of life. I'm quite excited about this signing.

There's also been confirmation of another transfer: Marian Sarr has agreed a pre-contract with Arsenal Football Club. The ball-playing centre-half, who's spent most of the season at VfR Aalen on loan from Borussia Dortmund, will join the club in the Summer. A central defender who can play in midfield, the German youth international may well be the long-term answer in the centre of defence.

I'm also looking into bringing QPR's Loïc Rémy to the club. Discontent with life at the West London club, I believe that Rémy would be a fine signing. A £1.6 million bid has been submitted.

Thank you for reading. I hope you all enjoyed my latest Arsenal update. I'm sure there'll be a few more in the coming days and weeks. Up The Arsenal!

arsenal_zps4798531a.jpg

April Update

02/04/22 ; Barclays Premier League ; Villa Park

Arsenal 2 (Nasa 60 , Mostafa PEN 80)

Aston Villa ( Welbeck 57 , Iturbe 65)

06/04/22 ; UEFA Champions League(Qtr-Final 2nd Leg) ; Emirates

Arsenal 3(0) (Wilshere 34 , Nasa 55 , Fierro 67)

Inter 0(0)

09/06/22 ; Barclays Premier League ; Emirates

Arsenal 4 ( Lambert 12 , Nasa 20 & 34 , Dede S/O 76 , Fierro 90)

Blackpool 0

13/04/22 ; Barclays Premier League ; King Power Stadium

Arsenal 1 ( Nasa 3)

Leicester 0

16/04/22 ; FA Cup (Semi-Final) ; Wembley

Arsenal 3 (Vinicius 31 , Nasa 64 , Shay 66)

Middlesbrough 0

20/04/22 ; UEFA Champions League(Semi-Final 1st Leg) ; Juventus Stadium

Arsenal 4 ( Nasa 5 , Shay 22 , Mostafa 65 & 87)

Juventus 4 (Jacint 2 , Vidal 47 , Gavesi 59 , Benzia 74)

23/04/22 ; Barclays Premier League ; Emirates

Arsenal 3 (Nasa 1 , Fierro 11 , Mostafa 39)

Swansea 2 (Cooper 51 , Friar 63)

27/04/22 ; UEFA Champions League ; Emirates

Arsenal 4(8) ( Nasa 23 & 45 , Vinicius 45+2 , Nasa 67)

Juventus 1(5) (E. Hummels 40)

30/04/22 ; Barclays Premier League ; American Express Community Stadium

Arsenal 4 (Shay 15 , Nasa PEN 41 , Chavez 62, Vinicius 63)

Brighton 1 (Gosling 48)

arsenal2_zps50806943.jpg

injurycross_zpsb6e79f56.jpg

Correct as off 04/05/22

None

Wow, losing Giroud to injury is ridiculous in this game. Lost 3-0 at Old Trafford, Stoke away 3-0, Tottenham 2-0 and Liverpool 2-0 both away. 10 goals shipped and none in reply, all to the big boys. Gone from potential title winner to scrambling for a Champions League place in 4 games. Injuries to Ramsey, Wilshere, Vermaelen and Mertersacker hasn't helped either. Definately need to have a word with this team, literally not offering anything at the moment. Have got Manchester United in the QF of the Champions League so need to shut up shop there. Jesus, maybe selling Cazorla and Walcott in the same window is going to haunt me.

arsenal_zps4798531a.jpg

May/ End of Season Update

04/05/22 ; Barclays Premier League ; St James' Park

Arsenal 1 (Vinicius 15)

Newcastle 0

07/05/22 ; FA Cup (Final) ; Wembley

Arsenal 3(e) ( Nasa 75 , Mostafa 79 , Nasa 120+3)

Man Utd 2 (Rodrigo 8 , Monterosso 27)

14/05/22 ; Barclays Premier League ; Emirates

Arsenal 2 ( Nasa 23 & 47)

Southampton 2 ( Garcia 17 , Rodriguez 90)

21/02/22 ; UEFA Champions League (Final) ; Luzhniki

Arsenal 2 ( Nasa 80 , Shay 85)

FCP 0

Aaron Lennon Retires

arsenal2_zps070188d0.jpg

arsenal5_zps6decba97.jpg

arsenal3_zps52dc0b88.jpg

arsenal7_zps69c62042.jpg

I've had Vermaelen, Walcott, Giroud, Sagna and De Sciglio who I brought in on loan to cover for Sagna all injured and out atleast 2 months so far in my first season. These injuries are a bit rediculous. Mertesacker has been immense for me though.

I'm looking for a striker on a bit if a budget? I'm deploying Walcott on the wing and Podolski has never really done it for me so will be off in January. I've got a couple of decent looking players in my youth but their current ability is too low to be of any real use until they've developed some more. £13m budget and £143k p/w available. Do I buy someone with this before August is up, and if so, who? Or do I persevere until January, when I can offload Podolski and spend a bigger sum? Maybe someone will become unhappy and get transfer listed before then.

I'm looking for a striker on a bit if a budget? I'm deploying Walcott on the wing and Podolski has never really done it for me so will be off in January. I've got a couple of decent looking players in my youth but their current ability is too low to be of any real use until they've developed some more. £13m budget and £143k p/w available. Do I buy someone with this before August is up, and if so, who? Or do I persevere until January, when I can offload Podolski and spend a bigger sum? Maybe someone will become unhappy and get transfer listed before then.

Jovetic can be had for 12-13m I got him at the start after he became unsettled and wanted a move.

first season finished 4th , had a battle just like irl and finished level on points with Liverpool in 5th and spurs in 6th.

I had some bad runs along the way and nearly got the sack but managed to turn it around and had a strong finish to the season , also I have made the final of the Champions league and play Real Madrid.

Vermaelen got injured for a long spell early in the season and since returning to fitness has not had a look in due to the outstanding performances of Per Mertsacker which has also earned him EPL player of the season. If anyone is wondering kos and mert partnership really is a better combination.

Another good performance was from Tom Ince who has performed very well when given a chance, a very promising player for the future.

Now just got to hope I can play well against Real Madrid with Arteta and Jovetic both picking up lengthy injuries ruling them out!

beat Real Madrid in the champions league final 1-0 at wembley. great result , Podolski scored the winner who was only playing because of the injured Jovetic.

Man of the Match was Sagna.

first time I have really enjoyed a Arsenal save in ages and have something to show for it , now need to strengthen areas of the team and ship out a few players such as the on-loan players. Undecided on Vermaelen , think I may sell him.

Could someone let me know how to put up screenshots, I would like to put up my progress so far. Still undefeated in the league after 26 games..damn Bristol City knocked me out of the F.A Cup. I am seriously considering selling Vermaelaen at the end of the season due to Doria's form, he has been immense and has replaced verm in my team..even though Verm still has 7.58 average rating :/

has anyone got jenkinson to improve much?. i have given him plenty of game time and a had him tutored by sagna but he never really improves.

In my current save I gave Jenkinson a PA boost, but in my other saves I found that he doesnt improve that much but he is a very consistent performer due to his mental attributes, he's worth keeping a hold of. try having Koscielny tutor him.

In my current save I gave Jenkinson a PA boost, but in my other saves I found that he doesnt improve that much but he is a very consistent performer due to his mental attributes, he's worth keeping a hold of. try having Koscielny tutor him.

his PA is -8 (i think) so the sky should be the limit for him. i did tweak his professionalism to see if that made a difference but no good. hes 22 on my save and is pretty much the same as he was at the start. Might try getting kos to tutor him to see how that goes.

Has anyone tried buying Samuel Umtiti or Paul Pogba? How much do you think I would have to spend to get either of them after the first season? Those two are definitely going to be my main targets for the summer.

Signed Umtiti in August 2012 for around £16.75m I think it was. £14m of that was over 48 months. They'd have accepted £2m less overall if I paid £3m more upfront but I didn't have it at the time.

Podolski is winding me up so much. He's on 100k a week and whenever I play him, Steve Bould says he hasn't blended in yet (Dec 2012) and he never gets a good rating or contributes anything. Thinking of getting rid in Jan but I want to give him a chance, just those wages.

How has he done for you?

Early stages for me..just about to play the first game of the season.

You may have seen I said earlier that I was going for a 3-back formation for the duration of the season. I've sold Mertesacker and Sagna, and spent almost all of my budget bringing in Zouma, Umtiti, Varane and Papadopolous so that I have the depth at centre back (and the latter two can cover my anchor man role as well).

The tactic itself is taking some ironing out. I had a horrible list of pre-season friendlies against really poor opposition so the first real test will be Fulham on the opening day of the season.

arsenal_zps6d75f797.jpg

Pre Season Report

Transfers

In: Hanus Ondrej - FC Bayern - 850k - 55quid/week till 2026(Yth contract) , Miguel Angel Riera - 10.25m - QPR - 72/k/week till 2026 Total 11m

Out: Maurice Berry 10k( & profit) - Carlisle , Cayetano - 4.3m(3.1m profit) - Malaga , Jose Antonio - 3.5(2,8m profit) - Mallorca , Carlos Fierro -30m(22.5m profit) - Juventus , Thimo Fuemiento - 7.5m(4.8m profit) - West Ham , Gioele Troiano - 15m(2m loss) - Southampton , Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 30m(18m profit) - Barcelona , Wojciech Szczesny - 13m(13m profit?) - Barcelona , Johannes Burmeister -5m(4.3m profit) + 50% next

transfer + buy back = 7.5m , Hugo 1.9m(300k loss) - At Mardrid , Garry Pettigre 7.75m(6.75m profiit)Asona Villa Total 118m Transfer Profit 107m

Loans Andy Matthews (Derby), Luis Miguel Zabalza (Coventry) , Marlon Ahmed (Portsmouth) , Julian Lange (Middlesbrough) , Moha (West Brom) , Jens Shcößler(Birmingham)

arsenal2_zpsdc5a7cf0.jpg

injurycross_zpsb6e79f56.jpg

Correct as of 01/09/22

Riccardo D'Onofrio Torn Hamstring 2-3months

Mohamed Mostafa " " " "

Season 2013/14

Transfer In:

Serbastien Corchia 10m

Gary Medel 9.25m

Luke Shaw 15m

total 34.5m

Transfer Out:

Bacary Sagna 10.25m

Thomas Vermaelen 5.5m

Marouane Chamakh 3m

Park Chu-Young 2.5m

Johan Djourou 4.4m

Denilson 2.8m

(plus a few youngsters loaned out)

total 29m

my team

Gk Szczesny /Fabianski

LB Gibbs/Monreal/Shaw

CB koscielny / Strandberg /Medel

CB Mertesacker

RB Corchia / Jenkinson

LW Corzorla/Ince

CM Medel / Arteta/ Coquelin

CM Wilshere / Ramsey / Praet

RW Walcott/ Chamberlain

ST Jovetic / Podolski

St Giroud / Vossen

Arteta may play fewer games this season with Medel arriving and wanting to give Wilshere more games.

I think I paid to much for Luke Shaw but getting corchia and medel for very good prices I felt it evened itself out anyway. I also think Vermaelen went for to little , I blame that on my director of football because I'm sure I put a 12m minimum fee on him.

Was going to get another defender as I now only have Koscielny ,Mertesacker and Strandberg but I may stick with what I have as Medel can play in central defence.

Now just got to decide on weather to stick with Bould as assistant manager or get someone better if any? , can anyone guide me on this?

cheers

Won the league second and had a clear out with mert, vermaelen, james mccarthy, and podolski leaving, I got 20 million for vermaelen. In came classie on a free transfer, chris smalling joined in a 22 million deal from ac Milan and corchia also arrived in a 15m deal. Very happy with my squad

---------chesney------

Corchia----smalling---koscielny----Ben Davies

--------wanyama------

---Ramsey---wilshire

Griezmann---------el sharaawy

-----------jovetic---------

Boruc, jenkinson, doria, Gibbs, , Martin Kelly, coqelin, arteta, classie, cazorla, Walcott and giroud making up the rest of the squad

arsenalintroduction2.png

MONTHLY UPDATE - January

Following our dismal displays in December, where we didn't win a single game, the month of January was always going to be an important one. Having dropped off the title race pace, I've had to re-evaluate our league objectives. January also gave us a chance to strengthen our squad. We brought in two players with immediate effect - both from France's Ligue 1. Here's how January went...

FIXTURES & RESULTS

1.1.14 | Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 2 (Jovetić '66, Gervinho '90+1)

Nottingham Forest - 1 (Rozenhal '52)

After such a poor December, it was vital we begun our January fixtures with a win - and that's what we did. It may not have been the performance I had desired, but we got a win. It could've, or even should've, been more comfortable, but we got the job done. David Rozenhal grabbed an deserved opener after some abysmal near-post defending. We responded well though, with Stevan Jovetić finishing emphatically just 14-minutes later. The enigmatic Gervinho - who came on as a late substitute - grabbed a late winner through a deflected but goal-bound effort. A win is a win.

5.1.14 | FA Cup - 3rd Round;

Arsenal - 1 (Wilshere '15)

Liverpool - 1 (Gerrard '87)

This was a tough game to say the least, but we came away aggrieved at not sealing a deserved victory and a passage into the 4th round. We set-up with a relatively second string eleven, but defended astutely and got forward well. Jack Wilshere, replacing Santi Cazorla in the side, finished with his right-foot from point-blank range. Gervinho, after timing his run well onto Yaya Sanogo's clevr backheel, had a chance to double our lead just 20-minutes from time but failed to do so and, ultimately, it cost us. Gerrard did what he does well, timing a run from deep to capitalise from a cross. Annoying end to a good performance.

8.1.14 | Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 0

Stoke - 1 (Crouch '40)

There's not much to say other than we should've won this game. Frustratingly, we had the chances to do so, too. Two good chances fell to Aaron Ramsey, while Per Mertesacker also had a good headed opportunity. Their goal came about a few minutes before half-time: Laurent Koscielny charged out to confront Wayne Routledge who found Peter Crouch worryingly easily. Needless to depict what happened from then on. It's hard to blame Koscielny, especially considering the lack of defensive cover from our midfield.

11.1.14 | Barclays Premier League;

Southampton - 1 (Wallace '51)

Arsenal - 2 (Grenier '54, Walcott '59)

We had to pick ourselves up quickly following our annoying midweek performance at The Emirates and we did so, in no better fashion than earning a deserved victory. We were exposed from set-pieces again, as their goal more than showcased, but we showed impressive spirit to get back on top withing 8-minutes. Clément Grenier, making his full debut, scrambled the ball home from close range. Carl Jenkinson's composed cutback found Theo Walcott who, in turn, made no mistake with the finish. I was pleased. Decent performance; good character.

15.1.14 | FA Cup - 3rd Round Replay;

Liverpool - 3 (Gerrard '68, '75, '85)

Arsenal - 0

We shouldn't have even come to a replay, but we were comprehensively beaten by Luciano Spalletti's side; with Steven Gerrard at the heart of Liverpool yet again. His hat-trick not only epitomises his importance to Liverpool, but also our lack of defensive cohesion - especially in midfield. Contrary to the doom and gloom, Jack Wilshere stood out yet again.

18.1.14 | Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 2 (Wilshere '10, Cazorla '41, Podolski missed pen. '38, Cazorla missed pen. '77)

Norwich - 0

The scoreline should've been much more convincing given the quality of the performance, as seen from the two missed penalties, but three points is exactly that. Jack Wilshere broke forward to capitalise on a Tettey mistake to give us the lead. Just two minutes after Lukas Podolski's penalty was saved, Santi Cazorla's defected free-kick found the net. 2-0. Good chances fell to both Theo Walcott and Stevan Jovetić after half-time, but Santi Cazorla's from the penalty spot was the most glaring - but also provided the most frustrating of finishes. Three points, though.

29.1.14 | Barclays Premier League;

West Ham - 2 (Maïga '57, Guidetti '61)

Arsenal - 4 (Vermaelen '1, '29, '86, Cazorla '77)

It was a win marred by defensive mistakes, but also heroism from a central defender. Defensively he may not have performed well, but Thomas Vermaelen spared his own blushes by scoring the most unlikeliest of hat-tricks: his first and second back-post headers, while his third was a thumping half volley. Inbetween his second and third goals, Vermaelen struggled to deal with the home side's direct approach, being at fault for Modibo Maïga's goal. The decisive goal was most certainly Santi Cazorla's, as the stylish Spaniard scored an equally as stylish free-kick, his second in as many outings.

As well as his brilliant free-kick, Santi Cazorla made an impressive seven key passes. Outstanding.

bpltable2ndfebruary.png

Barclays Premier League table; as of February 2nd

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW - The In's and Out's

Arrivals;

CLÉMENT GRENIER 22-YEARS OLD | CENTRAL MIDFIELD | OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS | £6.7 MILLION | The elegant midfielder has been capped 4-times at France's U-21 level

Clément Grenier is a fine acquisition, in my opinion. Tall, elegant, skillful, creative, stylish - the Frenchman can be everything that the injury-ravaged Yoann Gourcuff promised to be. Under Rémi Garde, he struggled for regular game time, but he's adapted well to the not too dissimilar Arsenal way of footballing life. He even managed to get on the scoresheet in his full debut for the club!

If all goes to plan, Clément Grenier can certainly stake a claim to be Santi Cazorla's long-term replacement. At 23-years old, he has time on his side - and his stylish brand of football will only endear himself to fans and myself alike.

YASSINE BENZIA 19-YEARS OLD | FORWARD | OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS | £2 MILLION | Has been likened to French great, Jean-Pierre Papin

I raided the Stade Gerland again, much to Rémi Garde's probable displeasure. This one was something of Olympique Lyonnais' own doing though, as they allowed the supremely-talented forward's contract to run down into it's final year. Having toyed with the idea, I had initially planned to sign him on a pre-contract deal. After enquiring about his immediate services, Lyon came back with a proposal of £3 million. I managed to haggle down the price to a measly £2 million and Yassine Benzia signed on transfer deadline day. He's certainly one for the future.

MARIAN SARR 19-YEARS OLD | CENTRAL DEFENDER | BORUSSIA DORTMUND | FREE TRANSFER | Impressed while on loan at 2.Bundesliga club, VfR Aalen

Yet another youngster who's on Arsenal's ever expanding books, Marian Sarr will link-up with the club this coming Summer. Again, Borussia Dortmund surprisingly allowed the German-Senegalese centre-half to enter his final year of his contract at the club. Having rejected both Bayer Levrkusen and Werder Bremen, Sarr is obviously keen to join The Arsenal, making the signing even more pleasing. Strong and intelligent off the ball, yet composed on it, the German is certainly a future first-team regular, providing all goes well in his development. Willkommen, Marian!

Departures;

There were no permanent outgoings this January. Zilch. Nothing.

Loans;

FRANCIS COQUELIN 22-YEARS OLD | CENTRAL MIDFIELDER | REAL ZARAGOZA S.A.D | 7-MONTH LOAN | Signed for Arsenal, by Arsène Wenger, for just £250,000

Struggling for regular game time, and behind the likes of Leon Goretzka in the pecking order, the most sensible option was to allow Francis Coquelin a temporary escape in order to play regular first-team football. Having rejected the numerous approaches of Everton due to a insufficient squad role, Real Zaragoza came knocking on deadline day and, obviously, got him. At 22-years old, Coquelin has a bright future ahead of him - but needs to be playing regular first-team football, hence the loan.

OPA NGUETTE 19-YEARS OLD | WINGER | STADE RENNES | 7-MONTH LOAN | Signed from Valenciennes last Summer, he's been on loan at Leicester City

Having joined on a bosman transfer from Ligue 1 outfit Valenciennes in the Summer, the plan was always to allow the pacey wideman to adapt and progress at other clubs before returning to Arsenal one day. Having spent 6-months on loan at Leicester City, Nguette returned briefly only to be loaned out again; this time back to France. Stade Rennes, who invest huge amounts of faith and time in youth, seemed like a good club for the 19-year old. Here's hoping he does well.

Other notable loan transfers: There have been plenty this January. Highly-rated youth talents - Kristoffer Olsson, Jon Toral, Thomas Eisfeld and Labros Spertos - have all been shipped out on loan in order to gain invaluable first-team experience. They've joined Sheffield United, Derby County - both of the nPower Championship - MSV Duisburg and Notts County respectively. Hopefully, all will come back better players.

Chuks Aneke, Jack Jebb and Benik Afobe have joined nPower League 1 sides Crawley and Gillingham respecitvely. Argentine 'keeper, Damián Martínez, has been shipped out to Spanish lower division and affiliate club SD Salamanca, joining Wellington Silva and Joel Campbell who have been there since the season's start - the latter could have a future at Arsenal Football Club.

More to follow...

Damn that poor December really has hurt you in the EPL will have to put in some serious good runs to rescue the title, although 2nd is not far out of reach.

hi lads i am currently doing an Arsenal save how do i show my screenshots please. also off topic i know sorry my players attributes have changed to bars instead numbers can you help me out please

You can either press f12 and save the images to your steam profile, or use print screen and use a website to upload like imageshack or something else. Persoannly I use steam, after taking the screen shot, press alt + shift, go to screen shots and upload to steam. Go to the steam site, go to screenshots, click on the image you want to show us, right click and copy image link and paste it in here, with img around it but without the spaces

thanks how do i change my players atrributes i just changed my skin i think that might be why but i am not sure thanks so much sorry for going of topic new the site and football manager

Damn that poor December really has hurt you in the EPL will have to put in some serious good runs to rescue the title, although 2nd is not far out of reach.

Indeed. I knew it would be. Most of our games were against teams in and around us - like Sp*rs and Manchester United - and we failed to do ourselves justice, drawing far too many games. On a positive note, we've only lost twice this season in the Barclays Premier League. That's quite good.

Just finished the 2013/14 season and it was a success with qualification for the Champions league and won the clubs first silverware for 9 years.

2013_14_end7.png

Manchester United secured their champions status on the last day following a shaky finish where they failed to win 6 of their last 10 games. However, they retained their title with Rooney and co. powering their way to the summit which they stayed at from December to the seasons conclusion. Manchester City remained second best in the country and own city as Roberto Macini's men were no match for their far superior neighbors.

Our Premier League campaign was going superbly until mid march where we lost in 4 consecutive games to Manchester United, Tottenham, Liverpool and Stoke. This was largely the result of an injury crisis they ruled out Mertersacker, Vermaelen, Giroud and Arteta which threatened to derail our season. However, we showed grit and pulled ourselves out of this slump as we battled for a 3rd place finish ahead of Liverpool.

In the Champions League we dispatched PSG 5-1 on aggregate with a 4-0 home trouncing securing a place in the last 8 with a tie against rival Manchester United. A Mikel Arteta brace and a late Paloschi winner secured a home 3-2 first leg win. We were hopeful of a result in Manchester due to our defensive strength. We battled against the tide with them having 22 shots compared to our 4 with Sczezsney in inspired form. However, it wasn't enough as pounced during a goal mouth scrambled and scored the only goal to knock us out on away goals. Manchester United ran out eventual winners with a single Van Persie goal enough to triumph over Bayern Munich.

There was a contrast of tales in the domestic cups with an early 4th round exit in the Capital One cup to Chelsea and a victory over Manchester United in the final of the FA cup with goals from Vermaelen and Anita denying Fergie a treble. :)

As far as player performances go, this season has been dominated by the form of Koscielny who started 49 games and averaged 7.82 and scored 7 goals, he was by far our best player (perhaps due to other key team members being injured for prolonged periods of form). Wilshere, Ramsey, Vermalen, Arteta and Giroud also had solid seasons despite not playing enough. As for the new additions in the squad made last summer and in January, central defenders Ogbonna and Dawson were the best with excellent average ratings. Anita and Zabaleta were solid yet unspectacular. Nani, Konoplyanka and Paloschi can be considered as having below par seasons as they performed below expectation. :(

The summer's transfer dealings may be dominated by the departures of Mertersacker, Podolski and Arteta as I look for more youthful and less financially demanding than these players. At the moment I'm eying up relegated Fulham's Swedish winger Alexander Kacaniklic who may be available for £6m or so. Fabianski and many failed youth players I'll be looking to ship out also.

All in all a successful season. :applause:

I just had a second rate youth striker score a debut hat-trick in the FA Cup vs Kidderminster Harriers. He's no way near as good as the others in my reserves, but he's already my 7th top scorer overall :D

I know he won't make it, but seems a bit harsh just to not do anything with him after THAT debut.

a082a61e0d4fea7b35c78bc07a534189.png

Only major signings for the first team from the summer was Yaya Sanogo (10 goals in 15 apps as back up). Just got to January and added Denys Garmash to the squad for £9m as we were lacking an option in midfield to step in when Arteta and Fellaini were knackered.

Fabianski had been unhappy for ages, so I sold him for £3.2m, and replaced him with Brest goalkeeper Alexis Thebaux for £2m as he was demanding cheap wages and is happy to be backup.

Garmash had a great debut in a League Cup semi vs Newcastle, scoring 1 and assisting 2.

Final bit of business is that Jordy Clasie will join on a free transfer at the end of the season to replace Mikel Arteta.

arsenal_zps6d75f797.jpg

END OF SEASON REPORT

Barclays Premier League

We continue to dominate the League winning by five points. our biggest win was a 10-0 mauling of Derby at the Emirates , our best win was came at the Emirate Beating Tottenham 8-0 to confirm ourselves as Champions , we lost away to Chelsea(4-3) , Swansea(3-2) & Newcastle(3-0)

F.A Cup

Victory!!! we won the FA Cup after defeating Swansea in the final 2-1 , our route to the final was Wycombe(away) , Aston Villa(home) , Newcastle(away) ,Tottenham(home) and Chelsea Home, meaning we knocked out the 3 teams who beats us in the league.

Capital One Cup

We lost 2-1 in the Quarters to Southampton

UEFA Champions League

We won the Champions League Beating Porto 2-0 in the final , we won our group with sixteen points

arsenal5_zps5958e00c.jpg

arsenal7_zps6e2fdc34.jpg

arsenal6_zps91029da3.jpg

Archived