Sports Interactive Community
llama3

FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

Ach, i never bother to check. My finances are in good shape. It's just OCD and trying to keep things tidy. It's my own fault for bunging him on the unwanted list without checking the box that refuses loans.

*It was Corvino my DoF and not Ayesteran that did it. He's a pain too, ever now and then i'll see on my loading screen that we're bidding £30m+ for someone or other

heavy training in positioning

Why? Positioning is a defensive stat, not an attacking one.

Just finalised my January 2016 signings on JDownie's Tycooon save. Thoughts on my First XI:

ScreenShot2013-03-16at220752_zps996356e9.png

£337m spent in the Transfer window. If this team doesn't get results, then god knows how much I'll need to spend.

How Much have you paid for Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo please?

Why? Positioning is a defensive stat, not an attacking one.
oops just got them wrong way round havey positing training for spanos(cd) heavy dribbling training for mera(st)

any advice for the newest patch? can't seem to get the tactics right, trying a 4 2 3 1 at home

fluid and attacking, short passing, more expressive zonal marking and push up

with

....................cavani (cf/a)

caz (if/s).........suarez (t/a)..........theo (w/a)

.................ramsey (dlp/s)..nain/coq (cm/d)

clichy (fb/a).....verm (cb/d)..kos/mert (cb/c).......sagna (fb/s)

...............................chez (gk/d)

and when i play away, a counter attacking 4 1 2 2 1 with verm as my anchor man, coq as a bwm and ramsey as advanced pm, theo and suarez on the wings

control, with balanced play and short passing, counter attacking and man marking

really struggling and losing the will to play the game

any advice for the newest patch? can't seem to get the tactics right, trying a 4 2 3 1 at home

fluid and attacking, short passing, more expressive zonal marking and push up

with

....................cavani (cf/a)

caz (if/s).........suarez (t/a)..........theo (w/a)

.................ramsey (dlp/s)..nain/coq (cm/d)

clichy (fb/a).....verm (cb/d)..kos/mert (cb/c).......sagna (fb/s)

...............................chez (gk/d)

and when i play away, a counter attacking 4 1 2 2 1 with verm as my anchor man, coq as a bwm and ramsey as advanced pm, theo and suarez on the wings

control, with balanced play and short passing, counter attacking and man marking

really struggling and losing the will to play the game

I this is how I would play

GK-D Szczesny

(RWB)WB-S Jenkinson

CB-D/S-Verm

CB-X-Mertesacker

(L)FB-D-Clichy

(L)DM-D-Nain

(RCM) DLP-S-Wilshere(when back from injury)run with ball often

(RM) W-S-Ox

(STCR) AF-A-Cavani

(STC) DLF-A-Suarez

(STCR) P-A-Theo/Pod

Arsenal-FC11_zps43885b1a.jpg

Season 1 March

Prem; 02/03/13; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Everton: Giroud 17 , Wilshere 43

CL(1st K/O Rd Leg 2); 06/3/13; Emirates; Arsenal 3(3)-(2)2 Olympiakos: Eduardo 31 , Giroud 50 , Carrol O/G 60 , Ibagaza 67 , Holebas 87

F.A(Q/F); 09/03/13; Emirates; Arsenal 2-1 Blackburn: Moi Gomez 17 , Rhodes 43 , Fierro 73

Prem; 16/03/13; White Hart Lane; Arsenal 1-0 Tottenham: Podolski 64

Prem; 30/03/13; Etihad; Arsenal -0-1 Man City: Aguero 63

God i need my fm save to get recovered, so bored! I have a back up save but its 7 months behind :(

Hello all,

I'm looking for some help if possible please. I'm just into December in my first season with the latest patch and I've hit a horrible little run. Below are screenshots of my formation, tactics, results & squad. If anyone could give me some tips that would be wicked thanks guys :thup:

Formation - this is a bit of a favourite of mine and have had great success with it in the past. NB Monteiro is in at LB due to injuries to Monreal (4mths), Gibbs (1mth) & Vermaelen (1mth). Hargreaves has been a surprise hit too so have kept him in purely on form.

Formation_zpsbe7181eb.png

Tactics - maybe a bit too basic?

Tactics_zps0e7250d7.png

Results - as you can see my defensive record is pretty good, I'm just struggling with goals

Results_zps932357fa.png

Squad - I had a bit of a clear out & got rid of what I consider deadwood - Gervinho, Arshavin, Diaby, Squillaci etc - Fernandinho has been a wicked signing & Hargreaves was initially as a back up and on a low salary based on appearance bonuses. I also brought in Cornelius but he's on loan at Swansea, am thinking of calling him back in January as he's playing really well for them.

Squad_zps80940d3c.png

Thanks a lot for any helps or tips guys.

Okay. You are playing a narrow formation without any wingers so your fullbacks need to be attacking. The best way to do this is firstly to put them on attack duties and probably switched to a balanced philosophy which will increase their mentality. I would untick all of those specific instructions. For that formation I would go with: SK (D); WB (A) CD(X), CD ©, WB (A); BBM (S), CM (D), CM (A); AP (A); AF (A), DLF (S). No guarantee it will work but change it around.

You should also consider how you want to play as Attacking can be sometimes a bit too aggressive and not only leads you open to the counter attack but also may hold you back in creating. I play on counter and create plenty. Do you use shouts?

Okay. You are playing a narrow formation without any wingers so your fullbacks need to be attacking. The best way to do this is firstly to put them on attack duties and probably switched to a balanced philosophy which will increase their mentality. I would untick all of those specific instructions. For that formation I would go with: SK (D); WB (A) CD(X), CD ©, WB (A); BBM (S), CM (D), CM (A); AP (A); AF (A), DLF (S). No guarantee it will work but change it around.

You should also consider how you want to play as Attacking can be sometimes a bit too aggressive and not only leads you open to the counter attack but also may hold you back in creating. I play on counter and create plenty. Do you use shouts?

Cool, thanks a lot for your help. I will definitely try your suggestions. I only play attacking at home, away I tend to play counter.

Since posting I have actually changed it slightly so I have an anchor man instead of someone in "the hole" and have had back to back wins. See how it goes, thanks again.

the key bit is width. Your fullbacks have to be attacking when you play like that

Hi SJ234, just thought I would show you how I've got on since taking your advice. 6 games, 6 wins! Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it.

Admittedly not against really tough opposition but still chuffed. Have changed formation slightly too - swapped the behind striker role for an anchor man and it's working a treat.

Changed full backs to attack and from fluid to balanced.

Thanks again man :thup:

ResultSinceChange_zps46abd0fc.png

Season 1 April

CL(Q/F Leg 1); 03/04/13; Signal Iduna Park; Arsenal 2-0 Dortmund: Squallaci 15 , Giroud 83

Prem; 06/04/13; Emirates; Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea: Walcott 17

CL(Q/F Leg 2); 10/04/13; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Dortmund: Eduardo 36 & 39

FA(S/F); 13/04/13; Wembley; Arsenal 2-0 Swansea: Edurado 32 & 67

Prem; 17/04/13; Villa Park; Arsenal 0-0 Aston Villa:

Prem; 20/04/13; Madejski; Arsenal 1-0 Reading: Giroud 7

CL(S/F Leg 1); 24/04/13; Emirates; Arsenal 0-0 Barcelona:

Prem; 27/04/13; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Stoke: Eduardo 26 , Giroud 64 , Dede 78

Season 1 May

C/L(S/F Leg 2); 01/05/13; Nou Camp; Arsenal 1(1)a-(1) Barcelona: Villa 17 , Giroud 31

Prem; 04/55/15; Emirates; Arsenal 3-1 Norwich: Eduardo 12 & 17 & 63 , Hoolahan 87

Prem; 08/05/13; Emirates; Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle: Akpom 5 , Giroud 46 & 52 , Cabaye 66 , Tassi 90

FA(F); 11/05/13; Wembley; Arsenal 1-2 Liverpool: Suarez 10 , Johnson 67 , Vela 69

Prem; 18/05/13; Boleyn Ground; Arsenal 0-1 West Ham: Noble 80

CL(F); 25/05/13; Wembley; Arsenal 2-0 Real Mardid: Koscielny 12 , Podolski 31

League Pos 1 GP 38 W 32 D 4 L 2 Pts 100 GF 84 GA 14 GD +70

Champs League quals; Chesea (2nd) , City (3rd) , Stoke (4th)

Relagated: Southampton (18th), Sunderland (19th) , Wigan (20th)

Top Scorer: Eduardo 28

Top Assts: Giroud 32

Hi Ladies, Gentlemen and fellow Gooners. I have been following this thread for some time as I have been playing as Arsenal for a while now on FM13, but have held back from posting as I have really struggled to get into any save so far, but I'm really enjoying this save so I thought I would introduce myself and my save!

I'm just starting season 4 (2015/16)and have had a mixed bag! I have loaded all of the English divisions plus a host of top divisions from Europe and South America to expand my game world. I turned off the 1st season transfer window so started as the Boss did in real life this season.

Season 1 was mainly about sorting out my tactics and getting training sorted and coaches in. I started using a 4-2-3-1, but I have never been able to get this working and struggled to begin with before switching to a 4-5-1 (1 DM, 2 CM & 2 IF) but this didn't seem to work either! I finally settled on a 4-1-3-1-1 formation with a DM, 3 across the middle and an AM playing behind the main striker which seems to have done the trick.

In January 2013, I took the option of strengthening slightly, I was offered Falcao at £31.5m, so I took the plunge. I also opted for Sven Bender after spending the whole first half of the season scouting numerous DM's, he set me back £24m, but has been worth the outlay. I also brought in a young lad from OB called Bashkrim Kadrii for £1.1m. I'm not sure if he'll really make it at Arsenal but at least I'll make a profit from him. The only player to leave was Chamakh to Leverkusen for £4m.

In terms of competitions, we were solid if unspectacular.

Prem: 4th (won by City), COC: 3rd round, FA Cup: Winners v. Man Utd, ECL: SF v. Barcelona

The game against Barca was heartbreaking as we were seconds from going through until Szczesny passed a goal kick straight to Messi instead of just lumping it up the pitch. Messi promptly scored and we lost on away goals. It was literally the last kick of the game!

Season 2 saw Arsenal miss out on the Champions League for the first time in 17 years as we struggled badly in the league, the cups once again provided the excitement for the supporters!

In terms of transfers, I focussed on the defence as Sebastian Corchia (£13.5m) and Jan Kirchoff (£16.75m) came in. Leaving the club were Park (Atletico Madrid £6.75m), Denilson (Wigan £5m), Bendtner (West Ham £5m) and best deal of all was Djourou to Udinese for £9.75m

Prem: 6th (won by United), CS: Runners Up v. Man City, COC: QF, FA Cup: Winners v. Ipswich, ECL: Runners Up v. Bayern.

Outclassed by Bayern in the ECL final (Sounds familiar) but the FA Cup was a straight forward 6-0 win against relegated to L1 Ipswich.

Season 3 was the culmination of all of our hard work in the league as we finally clicked into gear on the home front. Transfer wise, this was my busiest summer yet. In came Mason Bennett and Will Hughes from Derby for £9m and £8.5m respectively, Jetro Willems from PSV for £15m and Jack Butland from Birmingham for £7.75m plus some young players brought in by Liam Brady.

Out went Diaby (Herta £4m), Andre Santos (Monaco £2m), Gervinho (Stuttgart £7m) and Fabianski (Fulham £4m) I also lost Mannone and Martinez on free transfers, hence Butland coming in and also a couple of younger keepers who aren't good enough to challenge but can fill in if absolutely necessary. Funnily enough, I had more injuries to keepers in this season than I can ever remember.

Prem: WINNERS!, CS: Winners v. Man United, COC: Winners v. Chelsea, FA Cup: 5th round, EL: 1st Knock out.

A fantastic season domestically let down only by our FA Cup defeat at Everton, eventually won the league by 10 points from United. The COC final was eventually won in extra time in a tight game. Napoli saw off my "second" first team in the Europa League. Falcao topped the Prem scoring charts with 36 goals and was the top scorer in Europe too. Rosicky and Arshavin both retired in the summer after failing to play a game for 2 years.

And so to the current season. Ironically after such a busy summer in the previous season, I have spent exactly £0 in this window as I have some pretty good youngsters coming through from my first intake and I've decided to give them some game time. Outbound, Giroud finally had enough of playing second fiddle to Falcao and went to Villa for £12m.

A lot of the original squad are starting to hit 30 and above now so I will be looking to move them on once they start declining, specifically at the back as Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen and Mertesacker are all between 29-31 now but Miquel, Kirchoff and 2 of my young lads are ready to start playing more.

So there it is, sorry if its a bit of a gabble! I'll keep people posted as I go along if people are interested. COYG :thup:

Pre-Season 2013/14

After the disappointing FA Cup Final defeat to Tottenham last season, it was time to get the squad improved for the new campaign ahead.

Senior Transfers In:

David Villa - Barcelona - £18m

Jordy Clasie - Feyenoord - £16m

Senior Transfers Out:

Emmanuel Frimpong - Brighton - £1.5m

Marouane Chamakh - West Ham - £5m

Andrey Arshavin - Milan - free

Vito Mannone - Chievo - £1.8m

Park Chu-Young - Sampdoria - £3m

Johan Djourou - Benfica - £4.7m

Nicklas Bendtner - Napoli - £5.25m

Denilson - Norwich - £5.25m

Opening Fixtures:

H Man City

A Bordeaux (UCL Qualifier)

A West Ham

H Bordeaux (UCL Qualifier)

A Newcastle

H Chelsea

2015/16 is underway

The Champions League gave us a tough group with Roma, Valencia and Steaua joining us in Group G, but I 'm confident we can come through it.

AUGUST 2015

CS: ARSENAL 0-0 Man City(2-4 p)

PL: ARSENAL 1-0 Burnley (Podolski 85)

PL: Huddersfield 0-3 ARSENAL (Ramsey 31, Koscielny 67, Bennett 90)

PL: ARSENAL 3-0 Aston Villa (Chamberlain 19, Wilshere 67, Podolski 90)

SEPTEMBER 2015

PL: Man City 0-1 ARSENAL (Wilshere 19)

ECL: ARSENAL 3-1 Roma (Arteta p8, Osvaldo 50,Ramsey 60, Wilshere 71)

PL: Everton 0-0 ARSENAL

COC: Hartlepool 2-2 ARSENAL (1-3p) (Cazorla 101p, James 104, Bennett 105, James 118)

PL: ARSENAL 1-0 Fulham (Podolski p81)

ECL: Valencia 2-3 ARSENAL (Falcao 42, Podolski p50, Soldado 72, Kirchoff 85, Feghouli 90)

A promising start to the season, Falcao seems to be struggling so far but the rest of the squad are filling in well on the goal scoring front. The COC draw sends us to St Marys to take on Championship Southampton. Lukas Podolski tops the scorers chart with 5 goals so far, not bad considering he was listed and being touted around Europe in the Summer!

Fell out with Podolski. Sold him for 15million to PSG and have replaced him with Carlos Vela for 3.5mill. Even better was that I had a 50% sell on clause so received half of that fee :D

Fell out with Podolski. Sold him for 15million to PSG and have replaced him with Carlos Vela for 3.5mill. Even better was that I had a 50% sell on clause so received half of that fee :D

Haha, I fell out with Podolski too and sold him to PSG on January '13 deadline day. I only managed to get £9.5m though! Replaced him with Jovetic for £18.5m and also snapped up Javier Hernandez from United for £16m as he was transfer listed - I couldn't resist, he scored the winner on his debut against Man City as well. Should be a cracking partnership Jovetic & Hernandez, I really like Giroud but he's got a long term injury and Theo only has 3 in 18.

Haha, I fell out with Podolski too and sold him to PSG on January '13 deadline day. I only managed to get £9.5m though! Replaced him with Jovetic for £18.5m and also snapped up Javier Hernandez from United for £16m as he was transfer listed - I couldn't resist, he scored the winner on his debut against Man City as well. Should be a cracking partnership Jovetic & Hernandez, I really like Giroud but he's got a long term injury and Theo only has 3 in 18.
Podolski did okay for me in my first season 19 goals in 49 apps not really the strike rate I'd expect from him a similar 2nd season and I'll sell him.

Season 2 August

Transfers:

fml-6_zps35722ba4.jpg

fmpic2-1_zps97c1400c.jpg

Loan

fmpic4-1_zps54453847.jpg

Youth Inake 'Sigings'

fmpic3-5_zps0a766764.jpg

Matches

CS(F); 11/08/13; Wembley; Arsenal 0(1)-(4) 0 Liverpool P:

Prem; 17/08/08/13; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 West Ham: Wilshere 37 , Giroud 67 , Eduardo 79

Prem; 24/08/13; Riverside; Arsenal 3-1 Middlesborough: Shawcross 11, Giroud 13 & 14 , Jutkiewicz 73

ESC(F); 30/08/13; Eden; Arsenal P 1(5)-(4) 1 FC Byern: Shaqiri 17 , Eduardo 31

Hello all,

I'm looking for some help if possible please. I'm just into December in my first season with the latest patch and I've hit a horrible little run. Below are screenshots of my formation, tactics, results & squad. If anyone could give me some tips that would be wicked thanks guys :thup:

Formation - this is a bit of a favourite of mine and have had great success with it in the past. NB Monteiro is in at LB due to injuries to Monreal (4mths), Gibbs (1mth) & Vermaelen (1mth). Hargreaves has been a surprise hit too so have kept him in purely on form.

Squad - I had a bit of a clear out & got rid of what I consider deadwood - Gervinho, Arshavin, Diaby, Squillaci etc - Fernandinho has been a wicked signing & Hargreaves was initially as a back up and on a low salary based on appearance bonuses. I also brought in Cornelius but he's on loan at Swansea, am thinking of calling him back in January as he's playing really well for them.

Thanks a lot for any helps or tips guys.

Kehl, Hargreaves, Eduardo and Monteiro. I despair! However, excellent job on Fernandinho. He's a boss! Personally i usually get rid of Sagna, Mertersaker, Podolski and just about half the team actually. But, there is a good team in there. If you're in a window i'd try loaning an LB or going after Shaw from Southampton.

Anyway, i'd suggest you try

Szcezney as gk

Loan in a good LB or use Jenk

Koscielny & Mertersaker at CB

Sagna RB

Fernandinho as a ball winning midfielder (def) next to wilshere as a deep lying playmaker (def) with playmaker responsibility.

Ox on the left, Podolski on the right. Both attacking inside forwards. Cazorla through the middle as an AM or AP (support)

Walcott as a poacher and target man that gets the ball to run onto.

You can also switch the wide men to the other flank, change them to attacking wingers and stick Giroud up top as a target man (mixed supply) if the opposition are playing too deep for Theo to sneak in behind.

I think the best things to do at Arsenal are to sell ALL of your GK's (£30m plus, at least) and bring in Ter Stegen (£20m), Ruddy (£8m) and Schwarzer (£400k). You should make about £5-10m profit doing that. Sell Mertersaker and bring in Alderweireld and you should make a similar profit. Sell Podolski (£9m-£25m, he's a bit random) and bring in Rodrigo or Griezman (both cost about £20m). Chuck out Sagna for about £12m (PSG LOVE HIM) and bring in Peruzzi (usually £5m). After all of this you should have more than enough to pick up LARS Bender for about £23m and get a striker like Abell Hernandez who (after a bit of nagging) will hand in a request and come for a quiet £8m. Also nab Fierro, Ademilson and Batshuayi for a combined £15m (if you have the cash) which will allow you to sell strikers later in the game without having to payout to replace them. All 3 of these lads become monsters and you can even sell one and keep the other 2 which after a few years they'll each go for between £15m and £40m depending on how you've used them.

There's plenty of dead wood to throw away that i've not mentioned and by doing this and setting your expectations for Champs League you should leave yourself with some cash for january (more so if you're doing well and your board let you up your expectations to Winner). Also worth going after some of the kiddies at Southampton and Everton on loan deals because they're good to use in the cups and having them holding you in high regard will help you in the future if you want to pinch them.

I LOVE this club. There's so much potential to give yourself a lovely transfer budget and build a young, dynamic and profitable team.

Sell all goalkeepers? You do realise Szczesny is 1 of the most highly rated Goalkeepers in the game don't you? He improves considerably in no time!

Also I signed Lars Bender for £11 million.

Wow, how did you get him so cheap? I got Diame (back-up) for £3.5m & Baines for £10.75m both coming at the end of the season. Fed up with Monreal & Gibbs, both inconsistent & Gibbs too injury prone.

Sell all goalkeepers? You do realise Szczesny is 1 of the most highly rated Goalkeepers in the game don't you? He improves considerably in no time!

I figured he would given how much of a beast he was last year but, even though it annoys the fans letting him go i still prefer Ter Stegen (also bugs them when i sell Podolski, Sagna, Mertersaker & Diaby. And it REALLY annoys them when i let Arshavin go for £250k).

His GK stats are just as good (if not better) and his middle section stats are far better. Also by selling all of the current keepers and buying those 3 i ended up making a tidy little profit and giving myself a little bit of breathing space in my wage budget. The profit was essential to me getting Fierro, Ademilson and Batshuayi in.

The only downside to what i did (the bigger post) was that it messed up my cohesion at the start and in January (alderweireld & vermealen were pretty much the only saving grace) but, once the team clicked it was unstoppable.

Also, those 3 strikers mean that in season 3 i'll be able to offload Giroud and Hernandez for hopefully £20m - £30m and not spend a penny to replace them meaning i can bulk up elsewhere.

SJ234, i hate you. How'd you get Lars for £11m? I practically stalk the guy into begging for a move and i still have to shell out £20m :(

WillyBroadband, i've not looked at him this year but, Kwadwo Asamoah made a beast of a left back if you trained him up. Same with Vidal at RB.

You could always keep Szczesny as well as buying Ter Stegen - would be the strongest pair of Goalkeepers in the world if you did!

Yeah, but one would get peeved at not getting game time, they both are on 250k plus and it'd mean me being out of pocket. The point of selling is the profit and lower wage. If i just wanted a great keeper i'd have kept Szczesny. Also, MTS is more consistent and less error prone from what i've seen

Yeah, but one would get peeved at not getting game time, they both are on 250k plus and it'd mean me being out of pocket. The point of selling is the profit and lower wage. If i just wanted a great keeper i'd have kept Szczesny. Also, MTS is more consistent and less error prone from what i've seen

I hope that's 250k a month or Gazidis and co. will have coronary heart failures.

Yeah, PM. I prefer to see monthly rather than weekly wages

That's a relief! Was concerned you had no concept of negotiating there!

Too eccentric and error prone for my liking.

I sold him and brought in Ter Stegen. Mainly as there's no obvious long term choice as a captain. He can do the job for 10 years plus.

Wow, how did you get him so cheap? I got Diame (back-up) for £3.5m & Baines for £10.75m both coming at the end of the season. Fed up with Monreal & Gibbs, both inconsistent & Gibbs too injury prone.

transfer listed. Falcao is on for 24.5mill at the moment but I have already splashed out on Jovetic and Giroud is very good as well (despite me downgrading him)

That's a relief! Was concerned you had no concept of negotiating there!

Haha! MtS is actually on £245kpm not £250k. During the last game i had a rule of never having my wage budget go higher than £5m which seems to be a bit of task this year with the wages everyone's asking for! Especially when my DoF keeps trying to throw £30m at various players and keeps offering them half a mill per month.

How is Falcao doing for people? I know his attributes are pretty good but, i'm very wary of his price and wages.

Too eccentric and error prone for my liking.

I sold him and brought in Ter Stegen. Mainly as there's no obvious long term choice as a captain. He can do the job for 10 years plus.

On new patch Jack Wilshere is an excellent prospect as a long term captain.

I figured he would given how much of a beast he was last year but, even though it annoys the fans letting him go i still prefer Ter Stegen (also bugs them when i sell Podolski, Sagna, Mertersaker & Diaby. And it REALLY annoys them when i let Arshavin go for £250k).

His GK stats are just as good (if not better) and his middle section stats are far better. Also by selling all of the current keepers and buying those 3 i ended up making a tidy little profit and giving myself a little bit of breathing space in my wage budget. The profit was essential to me getting Fierro, Ademilson and Batshuayi in.

The only downside to what i did (the bigger post) was that it messed up my cohesion at the start and in January (alderweireld & vermealen were pretty much the only saving grace) but, once the team clicked it was unstoppable.

Also, those 3 strikers mean that in season 3 i'll be able to offload Giroud and Hernandez for hopefully £20m - £30m and not spend a penny to replace them meaning i can bulk up elsewhere.

SJ234, i hate you. How'd you get Lars for £11m? I practically stalk the guy into begging for a move and i still have to shell out £20m :(

WillyBroadband, i've not looked at him this year but, Kwadwo Asamoah made a beast of a left back if you trained him up. Same with Vidal at RB.

You do realise you can comfortably win the league with the team you start with? Just so needless to sell off all the players.

You do realise you can comfortably win the league with the team you start with? Just so needless to sell off all the players.

Quite agree

Yeah but, that's rather dull and not exactly challenging. Like i said, i like building teams that are young, full of potential and with as low a wage budget as possible. I also like my team to be highly profitable (hence the low wage budgets and selling players).

anyone had success with Walcott as a lone forward? I prefer 4-5-1/4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 - but any advice or information is welcome

I use him for England a lot like that and sometimes with arsenal.

Attacking poacher with run on to ball supply. 2 attacking inside forwards with wilshere behind. Then a deep lying playmaker and ball winning mid in the centre. He can get a few goals but teams usually just take a deep defensive line and cut him out. I think he's probably better coming on to that role as a sub when the defense is tired. Also probably be good if you're playing counter attack as his pace can get him onto long balls over the top.

i do not seem to even create long balls over the top - irritating that we don't try them when i actually want them to

I've noticed that too. Even when tempo is set to high and passing is set to direct. It may be that you need to do it on the individual player tactics and have more players set to trying through passes.

arsenal-1_zps7db11a7f.jpg

2019/20 Season April Update

CL(Q/F Leg 1); 01/04/20; Emirates; Arsenal 1-1 FCP: Destro 32 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 39

Prem; 05/04/20; Emirates; Arsenal 2-1 Spurs: Fierro 3 , Cavani 24 , Rhodes

CL( Q/F Leg 2); 08/04/20; Estadio De Dragao; Arsenal 3(4)-(2)1 FCP: Destro 7 , Cavani 21 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 56 & 79

Prem; 12/04/20; Old Trafford; Arsenal 1-1 Man Utd: Rooney 12 , Fierro 67

Prem; 15/04/20; Goodison Park; Arsenal 1-0 Everton: Moi Gomez 13

FA(S/F); 18/04/20; Wembley; Arsenal 4-0 Swindon: Moi Gomez 27 , Cavani 31 , Fierro 64 , Moi Gomez 79

CL(S/F Leg 1); 22/04/20; Old Trafford; Arsenal 1-1 Man Utd: Wide 17 , Dede 29

Prem; 25/04/20; Emirates; Arsenal 2-1 Leicester: Stanislas 32 , Mostafa 64 , Bennett 89

CL; 28/04/20; Emirates; Arsenal(aet) 2(3)-(2)1 Man Utd: Rodrigo 13 , Fierro 73 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 118

Good win over Man Utd there - you must have been sick of playing them!

Really can't decide whether to splash out on Falcao. In January in my first season and he's been offered to me for £26.5m! Got £88m in funds so money isn't a problem, but do I really need him? My current strikers are Jovetic, Giroud, Podolski (although he rarely plays up front, I mainly use him on the left like Wenger does), and young Carlos Fierro (who has yet to score in his first 9 games for me, 8 as a starter). Plus I think his wages will be very steep. He's on £115k a week at Athletico, so surely he'll be wanting at least £170k at Arsenal? Is he worth the megabucks or can I get what he offers through what I have already?

i would say he is unnecessary as you have plenty of quality in depth, although he would be an overall improvement. So depends how tight that gap is to your rivals.