FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

arsenal-1_zps7db11a7f.jpg

2018/19 Season March Update

Prem; 02/03/19; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Burnley:Papadopoulos 18 , Ox 29 , Mohamed 58

Pem; 06/03/19; Madejski; Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Nangis 23 , Papadopoulos 67

F.A(Rd 6); 09/03/19; Liberty; Arsenal 1-1 Swansea:Tadic 37 , Cavani (Pen) 61

Prem; 13/03/19; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Aston Villa: Wilshere 23 , Fierro 64

Prem; 16./03/19; St James' Park; Arsenal 2-1 Newcastle: Wilshere 17 , Cavani (Pen) 81 , Boymans 83

C.L(1st K/O Rd Leg 2); 20/03/19; Emirates; Arsenal 4-1 Inter(Agg 7-3): Cavani 28 , Fierro 36 & 67 & 81 , Insigne 85

After failing to settle in a variety of different saves I thought I'd try my hand at Arsenal - a team I've never managed in FM before, despite having played since the year dot. I thought I'd try and beat Wenger at his own game and run a successful, winning team based around youth brought through the ranks and with as low a wage bill as possible.

I've used pr0's data update and removed transfer budgets for the first window so I won't be making any changes to the squad immediately.

I'm only a month in but I have to say I'm really, pleasantly surprised. It appears that either through luck, judgement or just being blessed with the right players, but I've finally got a tactic and shout strategy that seems to work in FM13. After four games we lie top of the Premiership with 4 wins in four. The results being:

- Fulham (H) 3-2 : Monreal, Arshavin(2)

- Aston Villa (A) 0 - 3 : Giroud(3)

- Man Utd (H) 1 - 0 : Vermaelen

- Chelsea (A) 0 - 2 : Giroud, Ramsey

What is more impressive is that due to a massive injury list in the midfield, my midfield 3 has been Coquelin, Ramsey and Oxlade-Chamberlain.

The tactic I've used is the following:

GK

DL (FB-Auto)

DC (Def-D)

DC (Def-D)

DR (FB-Att)

DMC (DLP-S) *Switch this to a DM-D for away games.

MCl (CM-D) *Switch to DLP-S for away games.

MCr (AP-A)

AML (IF-A)

AMR (IF-S)

STR (TM-A)

I use Balanced / Control for most games with Balanced / Standard for away games. The only shouts I've really used are Pass to Feet, Play Out of Defence & Work Ball into Box. (Though I've used Retain Possession to defend a lead and a combo of Play Narrow/Exploit the Flanks against teams with a packed midfield).

The Champion's League draw has been pretty tricky, though could have been worse: Valencia, Copenhagen and Borussia Dortmund.

I'm trying to scout as much as possible with a view to getting in a midfield hardman (Fellaini and Bender are currently transfer listed) and a Giroud-a-like in January.

Really enjoying this save so far.

2018/19 Season April Update

F.A(Rd 6 Replay); 03/04/19; Emirates; Arsenal 1-0 Swansea: Dede 3

Prem; 07/04/19; Goodson Park; Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Fierro 9 , Dede 24 & 50 & 67 , Lekic 69

C.L(Q/F Leg 1); 10/04/19; Mancini Park; Arsenal 2-3 Man City: Aguero 12 , Fierro 28 , Biggs 46 , Dzeko 53 , Goretzka Inj 59 , Chuck Inj 75 , Dede 87

F.A (S/F); 13/04/19; Wembley; Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Tomkins 18 , Shaqiri 35 , Cavani 45+2 , Brush S/O 69

C.L(Q/F Leg 2);16/04/19; Emirates; Arsenal(a) 1(3)-(3)0 Man City: Cavani 34

Prem; 20/11/19; Reebok; Arsenal 1-1 Bolton: Murray 27 , Fierro 53

Prem; 24/04/19; Emirates; Arsenal 1-0 Tottenham: Cavani 34 , Moi Gomez Inj 65

Prem; 27/04/19; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea: Wilshere 8 & 30 , Wilshere Inj 67 , Ox Inj 71

2018/19 Season End of Season Update

C.L(S/F Leg 1); 01/05/19; Old Trafford; Arsenal 3-3 Man Utd:Rooney 3 , Fierro 22 & 29 , Jones 38 , Munian 40 , Fierro 43 , Moi Gomez Inj 51

Prem; 04/05/19; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Swansea: Dede 17, Fierro 75

C.L(S/F Leg 2); 07/05/19; Emirates; Arsenal 4(7)-(4)1: Romulo 8 , Cavani 11 , Wilshere 18 , Moi Gomez 34 , Cavani 73

F.A (F); 11/05/19; Wembley; Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea: Ox 23 & 61 , Kovavic 76

Prem; 15/05/19; Old Trafford; Arsenal 1-1 Man Utd: Rodrigo 3 , Fierro 47

Prem; 19/05/19; Boleyn Ground; Arsenal 3-2 West Ham: Wilshere 5, Marshall 23 , Wilshere 51 , Jantscher 52 , Fierro 76

C.L(F); 01/06/19; OAKA Spyros Louis; Arsenal 1-0 Real Madrid: Tomkins 57

fmpic2-1_zpsd0045fba.jpg

fmpic3-5_zps88f0b58c.jpg

Any way you could make your screenshots bigger? I have a tough time reading them and am enjoying your updates.

Not that I know of however there should be an option on the right hand side(when facing the screen. to 'zoom in' you can have the page at 75% 100% 150% 175% 200% . I try to find a way to make it bigger but using that method should be ok(just remember to take note of what its set at before changeing it so you can put it back to normal after)

p.s I'm also planning on doing a little experiment, I'll create a seperate save and sell Moi Gomez & Leon Goretzka who My HoYD brough for a combined fee of 5.8million they are now worth a combined 38million(well done Mr Brady)I hope to get a Combined Total of 60 million for them

Well have first my Season as Arsenal.

What a Season i had Won the League, Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup.

I have been playing with Tactic 4-3-3 Kun v1.3. But i have tweak it slightly by changing front man to Trequartista. Full Backs to support. Then dm with AP attacking and DLP support.

In the pre season i signed Mason Bennett from Derby for £3.1m, Natxo Monreal from Malaga for £10.5m, Jack Butland from Birmingham for £7.5m, Victor Wanyama from Celtic for £9.5m and Demba ba from Newcastle for £7m

Players out where Marounane Chamakh to Newcastle for £6.5m, Sebastien Squillaci to Malaga for £650k . PLus loads of Reserve and Yougnster on loan.

First Team that started the Season was Szczesny GK, Monreal LB, CB Vermaelen, CB Koscielny, RB Jenkinson, DM Wanyama, DLP Arteta, AP Diaby, LM Podolski, RM Chamberlain, ST Walcott

First Game was away to Tottenham and we had big result winning 3-0 Walcott Twice and Koscielny Once

We carried this form on till 3/11/2012 when losing away to Man Utd 1-0. So we had Won Twice game plus to draws before that. We sat Second to Man City most of the Season till we managed to sneak 4-3 away victory over them in December.

Jannuary Transfer window made some changes and big signing

Will Hughes form Derby for £5m, Thomas Ince from Blackpool for £9m and Falcao from At. Madrid for £40m this was about 15m up front and 25 over 48 months.

Out went Demba Ba for £12.25m and Andrey Arshavin for £4m Gervinho for £12m

We not on brilliant run with losing till 10.04.2013 to Fenerbahce 2-0 away. First lose in league since untied game was away to Chelsea 4-3 and then the next lost was last game of Season to Newcastle away 1-0 after we wrapped title up.

All our loses were away from Home. So Emirates was our fortress and was one reason we Won the Champions League. We beat Bayern in Final for 2-1 win with Falcao scoring both goals the Second in Extra Time.

We beat Reading in the FA Cup Final by 1-0 with Podolski

Carling cup was Derby against Tottenham which we sneaked out 3-2 winners after Extra Time. Goal Scorers were Rosicky, Cazorla, Falcao

Best Players at club

Top Scorer was Theo With 24 in 35(9) with Falcao getting 20 in 19(5), Giroud 16 in 17(22), Podolski 16 in 46,

Mikel Arteta was the Highest Average Rating with Per MErtescaker wining the most man of matches 7

We had few players impress with Chamberlain, Butland, Bennett, Butland, Gibbs, Jenkinson developing well and challenging for First Team Places.

I Won Manager of the Year and Theo Walcott got English Players Young Player of Year award.

Mikel Arteta won the Champions League Best Player award.

I also signed Dennis Bergkamp as a coach and Paul Winsper as Fitness Coach. Only staff to leave was Marcus Svensson fitness coach.

Now need to assess Squad of which players to Keep and who to get rid of and Sign.

Any question or what to know about what other teams have done just ask.

Right i have had enough i am going back to fm12, tried so many tactics with so many different teams and not one has worked!!!!!

You're doing something wrong then. Post up some details of your formation, roles, individual instructions, shouts etc. and we'll get you on the right track :)

You're doing something wrong then. Post up some details of your formation, roles, individual instructions, shouts etc. and we'll get you on the right track :)

Thanks for your reply but i have now deleted 13 and gone back to 12, and enjoying it. Heard there is an official patch coming in march so might try again then :-(

i don't believe this about 10 mins after writing this message fm12 crashes and keeps crashing at the same point, think someone is trying to tell me something!

Thanks for your reply but i have now deleted 13 and gone back to 12, and enjoying it. Heard there is an official patch coming in march so might try again then :-(

i don't believe this about 10 mins after writing this message fm12 crashes and keeps crashing at the same point, think someone is trying to tell me something!

I think FM13 is trying to get you to go back to it by sabotaging FM 12:lol:

1zlqf4p.jpg

So after a good start to the season, it has got to that point where games are a struggle to win and the form has declined to the point where points are dropped in the wrong games.

Obviously some results there are good such as the away game to Manchester United and home to Juventus.

I've found since the Aston Villa game and the Newcastle game. The team is struggling to score, and in some of the other games, have a lions share of possession. I've figured that somehow short passing might be the cause of this lack of goals.

Here's the tactic and line-up at the moment just after the Southampton game.

2nsg8y.jpg

I start on control mentality against smaller sides, and standard against the similar size sides. I have a different counter attacking tactic for the games against the biggest teams such as Manchester United.

Normally I'd of started Jenkinson at right back and Le Coq as the anchor man.

I have goalkeeper distribution as 'defender collect' to Vermaelen.

I've also noticed that there is a lack of Clear Cut Chances created in the games. Often i'm getting no CCC per game and at most 2 a game. I know I cannot guarantee these will be scored, but it does provide an indicator at how creative the team is being.

Furthermore, when Wilshere comes back, where best it it to slot him in?

Any tips how to beat those pesky smaller teams and score more goals?

So I've had a little while off FM, but came back to it a week or so ago and with my return came an update. Since this update my players are passing the ball out of play all the time. They tap it really gently as though they're trying to play it off the opposition to get a throw/corner for us, except that never happens and it just gifts possession away. I'm guessing there's not a lot I can do to prevent them from trying such an unsuccessful tactic when their options have been limited?

1zlqf4p.jpg

So after a good start to the season, it has got to that point where games are a struggle to win and the form has declined to the point where points are dropped in the wrong games.

Obviously some results there are good such as the away game to Manchester United and home to Juventus.

I've found since the Aston Villa game and the Newcastle game. The team is struggling to score, and in some of the other games, have a lions share of possession. I've figured that somehow short passing might be the cause of this lack of goals.

Here's the tactic and line-up at the moment just after the Southampton game.

2nsg8y.jpg

I start on control mentality against smaller sides, and standard against the similar size sides. I have a different counter attacking tactic for the games against the biggest teams such as Manchester United.

Normally I'd of started Jenkinson at right back and Le Coq as the anchor man.

I have goalkeeper distribution as 'defender collect' to Vermaelen.

I've also noticed that there is a lack of Clear Cut Chances created in the games. Often i'm getting no CCC per game and at most 2 a game. I know I cannot guarantee these will be scored, but it does provide an indicator at how creative the team is being.

Furthermore, when Wilshere comes back, where best it it to slot him in?

Any tips how to beat those pesky smaller teams and score more goals?

how did you get yor teams scorers &time they scored to appear like that?

I think your defensive line is a bit high, and maybe you could make Frimpong a mentality a little less defensive or push him up to cm and play his as a BWM-D maybe put him a bit nore defensive then then his preset mentaility

So I've had a little while off FM, but came back to it a week or so ago and with my return came an update. Since this update my players are passing the ball out of play all the time. They tap it really gently as though they're trying to play it off the opposition to get a throw/corner for us, except that never happens and it just gifts possession away. I'm guessing there's not a lot I can do to prevent them from trying such an unsuccessful tactic when their options have been limited?

I have the same issue, the players can now spot a pass better but loses their ability to knock the ball out off the opponent lol

I have the same issue, the players can now spot a pass better but loses their ability to knock the ball out off the opponent lol

Little things like this are what stopped me playing previously. My 3 previous big gripes were the wild, unnecessary headers out for a corner, absolutely no pursuing of the ball by your forwards when you clear a corner, and the woeful positioning of fullbacks. I'd hoped a little time off would allow updates to rectify these problems but clearly they still persist. Of course none of them are game breaking because the opposition are bound by the same mechanics, but it's deeply frustrating to watch such illogical mistakes. Now I can add a 4th to that list with these silly attempts to win throws and corners.

Swill, you might be seeing a lack of clear cut chances because of Girouds role. As an advanced forward he will be too far away from your CM's and if your IF's are marked up then the only options your CM's have is either to each other before they get tackled or backwards.

Advanced forward up front on his own wouldn't be so bad if you had a CAM behind him because he would be the link up but because you have no link player (AMC) then he will be very isolated. Giroud would work really well as a deep lying forward support as it highlights his strength or at the very least a target man.

Also both your full backs are on support and both your wingers are on attack which essentially means as soon as your FB's get the ball both Lukas and Theo will run off as they are on attack duty and they have runs from deep set to often. Maybe switching it up so you have one full back on support and one on attack and a winger on support and one on attack.

2019/20 Season Preview/ August Update

This season saw no major signins for the club , Vincius joined for a fee of 825k From Gremio, Jason Steele arrived for £7m from Fulham , Cayetano Arrived for £1.2m from Valencia , Julian Lange was signed for £2.7m from Stugart and our last Transfer Was Mostafa Mohamed arrived for £1.2m from Zamalek for a total of 13million for Players brought

A few major players did leave however Mattia De Sciglio Joined At Mardrid for £27m Chuck Left for SLB for a fee of 13 million up front plus 20million over 48 months, Leicester paid £5m for Javier, Nicolo Iodic join Empoli for £1.6m , Theo Jegge left for Reding for £2.7m , Mark Von Loon , Fran and Facundo Di Falco Joined Brighton for a combined fee of 14.2m Meaning a total of 86 million from player sales and a Transfer profit of 73 million

Nicolas Hanandez , Colin Mckenzie , Robbie Beesly , James Alexander , Jaquin Artes , David Nunes , Lee Brittain , Jose Antonio , Dario Magnolo , Raphael Sazzarzin , Tobias Schaffer , Corey Matthews , Gioele Troiano , Daniel Zabala , Sebastian Jimenez , Ivan Poljak , Garry Pettigrew , Hakan Unal , Riccardo D'Onofrio , Ahamada Mze Mbaba , Gerard Lambert , Thimo Fumiento , Terrell Wettner , Antony Moran , Juan Jose Velasco , Vincius , Cayetano , Julian Lange and Mostafa Mohamed where all loaned out with us reciving a fee of 1million/month in loan fees

Fabrizio Brandoni , Petar Dowling , Jose Antonio and Jack Shay where all promoted to the Senior Squad

We Won all five of our friendlies scoring 17 goals and conceeding 3

Community Shield(F); 11/08/19; Wembley; Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd: Cavani 44 , Mensah 67 , Ben Khalifa 90

Prem; 17/08/19; Brittania; Arsenal 2-1 Stoke: Bennett 54 , Ben Khalifa 67 , Machis 86

Prem; 24/08/19; Emirates; Arsenal 8-0 Brighton: Dede 8 , Bender 15 , Cavani 20 & 24 & 26 , Moi Gomez 30 , Wilshere 43 , Bennett 90+3

ESC(F); 30/08/19; Ramo De Carranza; Arsenal 3-1 Swansea: Fierro 63, Murray 68 , Nangis 83 , Dede 90

http://s1286.beta.photobucket.com/user/jameschudson/media/Arsenal_TacticsTeam-2_zpsa85c3335.png.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/jameschudson/media/Arsenal_TacticsTeam-2_zpsa85c3335.png.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=1361989760211016804003085886848

http://s1286.beta.photobucket.com/user/jameschudson/media/Arsenal_TacticsOverview_zpsfae2fbc4.png.html?sort=3&o=1#/user/jameschudson/media/Arsenal_TacticsOverview_zpsfae2fbc4.png.html?sort=3&o=1&_suid=136198991926609683276315263303

http://s1286.beta.photobucket.com/user/jameschudson/media/Arsenal_FixturesSchedule_zpsa803b3d6.png.html?sort=3&o=2

Right hopefully the screenies will work!

All comments and advice are welcome please, I dont think anything major is needed here but I am just struggling to get this fm right. I have won the champs lge twice, FA cup 3 times and lge cup twice but always fall short in the Prem. Any tweaks or where Im going worng.

oh shouts I use are Retain Poss, play through defence and work ball into box.

http://s1286.beta.photobucket.com/user/jameschudson/media/Arsenal_TacticsTeam-2_zpsa85c3335.png.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/jameschudson/media/Arsenal_TacticsTeam-2_zpsa85c3335.png.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=1361989760211016804003085886848

http://s1286.beta.photobucket.com/user/jameschudson/media/Arsenal_TacticsOverview_zpsfae2fbc4.png.html?sort=3&o=1#/user/jameschudson/media/Arsenal_TacticsOverview_zpsfae2fbc4.png.html?sort=3&o=1&_suid=136198991926609683276315263303

http://s1286.beta.photobucket.com/user/jameschudson/media/Arsenal_FixturesSchedule_zpsa803b3d6.png.html?sort=3&o=2

Right hopefully the screenies will work!

All comments and advice are welcome please, I dont think anything major is needed here but I am just struggling to get this fm right. I have won the champs lge twice, FA cup 3 times and lge cup twice but always fall short in the Prem. Any tweaks or where Im going worng.

oh shouts I use are Retain Poss, play through defence and work ball into box.

Nothing jumps out at me from the screenies, and if you've won the champs league twice you're obviously doing something right. How much do you adapt your game plan in advance of and during a match? You can't rely on the same tactic to undo every opposition, and nor can you expect every player to perform at their best level every game. Watch your assistant's comments during the game to see what you're doing well and poorly in. Short/long passes doing well/poorly is particularly important, as is shots from distance, high foul count and any comments on individual performances. One of my recent games saw Cazorla get a 5.6 rating at half time in a home PL game against United. His pass accuracy was way down at 55% and he was taking wild shots from distance that weren't even close to being on target. I've no idea what caused this from him, but I substituted him at half time and we turned 0-1 around to 2-1 in the 2nd half. I also talked to the player and aggressively told him his passing wasn't good enough. Since then his form has picked up. Watching for these sorts of performance factors are what makes you able to have the consistency across 38 games. I always watch comprehensive highlights, and if things aren't going my way I'll have a good look at the analysis and stats panel early on to see who's struggling and why so that I can make changes mid-game and before it's too late.

How have your results been against the other top 4 sides? I'm guessing you have a less offensive tactic for when you face them in away games at least?

To be honest I never know what to do when he says about short/long connecting well/poorly. Or shots from distance!

Against top teams its very up and down, I dont usually change to much just maybe change to standard. I dont have different formations for different teams

I thought I would try something a little different for myself and do an Arsenal save until the new patch comes out. I figure I'd get a new LB (I always go for Alaba), and a defensive-minded midfielder. Are the CB's good enough, or should I look for an upgrade there? I plan on playing 4-2-3-1. How do you guys play Cazorla and Wilshere together? I would like to play Wilshere directly behind the lone striker, but I'm not sure where to put Cazorla then. Is Wilshere as effective as a CM as he is an AMC? If you put Wilshere in CM, who would you play next to him?

Thanks for any input

To be honest I never know what to do when he says about short/long connecting well/poorly. Or shots from distance!

Against top teams its very up and down, I dont usually change to much just maybe change to standard. I dont have different formations for different teams

You want to make adjustments that play into the hands of how you're playing in that match. If your long passes are connecting well or your short passes aren't then consider a more direct play, if the reverse is true then short passing is the way forwards. If your crosses are connecting well then play wide and get your players firing more crosses in. If you're shooting from too far out to be threatening the goal then the work ball into box shout can help.

I'm not surprised you concede a lot with so many players forwards. I'm a huge fan of the anchor man on this game, and I use him in almost every tactic i create. Certainly, in away games against strong teams I would always want a defensive midfielder or anchor man in that hole to break things up a bit more.

2019/20 Season September Update

Prem; 14/09/19; Emirates; Arsnal 4-2 Southampton: Goretzka 17 , Fierro 20 , Hughes 33 , Moi Gomez 74 , Hughes 78 , Cavani 89

C.L(Grp Stage); 17/09/19; Emirates; Arsenal 3-2 Sporting: Van Wolfswinkel 2 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 17 , Van Wofswinkel 35 , Fierro 89 , Cavani 90

Prem; 22/09/19; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Man City: Moi Gomez 1 , Levia Inj 23 , Cavani 31 & 59

C1C(Rd 3); 24/09/19; Broadfield Stadium; Arsenal 5-0 Crawley: Bennett 17 , Nangis 44 & 46 , Jose Antonio 74 , Tomkins 89

Prem; 29/09/19; Anfield Arsenal 4-3 Liverpool: Damiao 13 & 29 , Jonsson 34 , Fierro 44, Wilshere 67 , Fierro 90 + 2 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 90+3

You want to make adjustments that play into the hands of how you're playing in that match. If your long passes are connecting well or your short passes aren't then consider a more direct play, if the reverse is true then short passing is the way forwards. If your crosses are connecting well then play wide and get your players firing more crosses in. If you're shooting from too far out to be threatening the goal then the work ball into box shout can help.

I'm not surprised you concede a lot with so many players forwards. I'm a huge fan of the anchor man on this game, and I use him in almost every tactic i create. Certainly, in away games against strong teams I would always want a defensive midfielder or anchor man in that hole to break things up a bit more.

Ok thanks for the input and explaining about the ass manager bit. I always like playing with two strikers, maybe I will try dropping the AML and AMR to ML and MR to see if that makes a difference. Last night I had two tough games home to Chelsea and away to Sunderland (good start to the season and above me) so I went more defensive and dropped a striker for a def mid. Mixed results really, the Chelsea game went really and I won 1-0 with them not really getting a look in all game. The Sunderland game however ended 3-3! Not a bad result I suppose considering how they are doing but was disappointing letting in three.

If the opposing team plays with AML and AMR does having a ML and MR help to counter them?

I've set myself the challenge of taking one of Europe's top sides, selling all the overpaid prima donna's and building a team with players that are paid £40k a week or below. The challenge was going to be £30k a week, but the number of players at top sides on < 30k a week was staggering, not anywhere near enough to use as a base to build a squad, so I upped it to £40k. When it came to picking a squad, it wasn't easy, but Arsenal seemed a decent option as soon as I looked at their squad. Good base of reasonably paid younger players, and quite a few big names that could be sold on for decent money, so, I picked Arsenal and got started.

My first job was offering out the stars. Out went the bulk of the first team, and my initial targets had bids placed on them. Going into the first Premier League game of the season against Norwich, my transfers are as follows:

In:

Fede Vico - £4.2m - £16.5k a week

Wellington Nem - £3.5m - £18k a week

Mateo Musacchio - £9m - £37.5k a week

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen - £1.8m - £17.5k a week

Kyriakos Papadopoulos - £18.25m - £38k a week

Andreas Cornelius - £1.8m - £10.25k a week

Nicklas Helenius - £2.3m - £12.75k a week

Jores Okore - £1.3m - £6.5k a week

Ademilson - £5.25m - £4.4k a week

Ezequiel Carigliano - £11m - £21k a week

Kurt Zouma - £15m - £38.5k a week

James Rodriguez - £17.5m - £40k a week

Total: £91m

Pretty nice group of players there, with the maximum wage bang on my maximum target wage at £40k a week, with only Papadopolous, Musacchio and Zouma making over £30k a week (damn expensive defenders!).

Then my outgoings:

Sebastian Squillaci - £825k

Gervinho - £12.5m

Thomas Vermaelen - £18m

Lukas Podolski - Loan (Future Fee of £14.75m)

Abou Diaby - Loan

Per Mertesacker - £15m

Mikel Arteta - £15m

Andrei Arshavin - £3m

Theo Walcott - £12.5m

Laurent Koscielny - £13.5m

Aaron Ramsey - £10m

Olivier Giroud - Loan (Future Fee of £6.25m)

Total: £101m

These transfers have resulted in me dropping the wage budget to £865k a week, with £117m left in the bank and a transfer budget remaining of £37m, leaving me a little bit of room to manoeuvre either at the end of August, or in January if I need a bit of a boost. The only player I strangely couldn't get rid of, who I was expecting to fly off the shelves was Santi Cazorla. Offered him out 3 times for reasonable amounts of money, but no-one was interested, so I'll keep him for my first season, and hope that some good performances will raise his value, and put him in the shop window. I also did a bit of shrewd contract negotiation and managed to get Wilshere and Monreal to agree to wage decreases, getting them down to £40k a piece. It involved offering them reasonably high appearance fees, but that doesn't bother me too much, still looks good on the wage budget!

My projected strongest XI currently stands as:

--------------------------Szczesny-------------------------------

---Sagna----------Zouma---------Musacchio--------Monreal-----

-------------------------Papadopolous-----------------------------

-------------Yttergard Jenssen----Wilshere-----------------------

---Cazorla--------------------------------------------Rodriguez------

--------------------------Ademilson---------------------------------

A very young side, but also a very strong side, with solid back-ups in pretty much all areas. For a squad where only 1 player (Cazorla) is being paid over £40k a week, I'd say it's looking pretty awesome. If Wilshere can stay fit, and Zouma defend like someone 5 years his elder, we could have ourselves a very successful campaign. I'm not expecting to run away with the league title in my first season, but as long as we're consistent, and finish in the top 3 I'll be happy. Then, hopefully going into the second season I can get rid of Monreal and Cazorla, replace them with Luke Shaw and find myself a young, talented right winger and we'll be sorted! Or, you know, it could go tits up, and we'll end up struggling all season and end up mid-table. Soon find out!

Ok thanks for the input and explaining about the ass manager bit. I always like playing with two strikers, maybe I will try dropping the AML and AMR to ML and MR to see if that makes a difference. Last night I had two tough games home to Chelsea and away to Sunderland (good start to the season and above me) so I went more defensive and dropped a striker for a def mid. Mixed results really, the Chelsea game went really and I won 1-0 with them not really getting a look in all game. The Sunderland game however ended 3-3! Not a bad result I suppose considering how they are doing but was disappointing letting in three.

If the opposing team plays with AML and AMR does having a ML and MR help to counter them?

Have a look at the highlights of you Sunderland and see what happened in the build up to their goals. What gaps/weaknesses did they exploit to get their goals?

As for the ML/MR question; I'm not sure because they're not positions I use much. My guess is they'll offer a slightly greater contribution than AML/AMR. One thing I often do against teams that play wide and have decent wingers is set my AML/AMR to man mark the opposing full back. This then frees up your own full backs to concentrate on their wingers without being so threatened by an overlapping full back that can slip away unmarked.

Have a look at the highlights of you Sunderland and see what happened in the build up to their goals. What gaps/weaknesses did they exploit to get their goals?

As for the ML/MR question; I'm not sure because they're not positions I use much. My guess is they'll offer a slightly greater contribution than AML/AMR. One thing I often do against teams that play wide and have decent wingers is set my AML/AMR to man mark the opposing full back. This then frees up your own full backs to concentrate on their wingers without being so threatened by an overlapping full back that can slip away unmarked.

I actually watched both games, I normally just watch commentary, and I was playing well and 1-0 up until the 43rd minute when they scored two quick goals. They got at my lb badly and he lost his man and they scored two angled goals. Adam Johnson is a bit of a thorn in my side. I subbed him and changed to the more attacking 2 striker formation for the 2nd half and played fairly similar.

Good advice for the AML/AMR, thanks

I actually watched both games, I normally just watch commentary, and I was playing well and 1-0 up until the 43rd minute when they scored two quick goals. They got at my lb badly and he lost his man and they scored two angled goals. Adam Johnson is a bit of a thorn in my side. I subbed him and changed to the more attacking 2 striker formation for the 2nd half and played fairly similar.

Good advice for the AML/AMR, thanks

I've no idea how people manage to get consistent results without watching the game and adapting their tactic. It's so rare that I won't touch a thing during the match. Of course, changes aren't guaranteed to work but it's better to try something than persist with a tactic that's failing in a game.

I've no idea how people manage to get consistent results without watching the game and adapting their tactic. It's so rare that I won't touch a thing during the match. Of course, changes aren't guaranteed to work but it's better to try something than persist with a tactic that's failing in a game.

Every other FM/Champ I have played I have never watched games and just have one tactic, has always worked before! I will try changing tactics depending on the team etc

Every other FM/Champ I have played I have never watched games and just have one tactic, has always worked before! I will try changing tactics depending on the team etc

Fair enough, can't fault it if it works! I imagine it doesn't leave you much to do between transfer seasons though, besides selecting a team for each match and clicking play?

my starting 11 for the current season (2019/20) is

GK: Szczesny/Vorm GK-D

RB: Dowling/Brandoni FB-D

RCB: Dede BPD-D

LCB: Papadopoulos CD-D

LB: Hollender FB-D

RCM: Wilshere AP-S

LCM: Goretzka CM-D

AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain W-A

AML: Moi Gomez IF-S

STCR: Fierro P-A

STCL: Cavani AF-A

tell to Arsene Wenger persists with same tactis despite the fact that it clearly isn't working

2019/20 Season October Update

C.L(Grp Stage); 02/10/19; Stadion Mesta Plzne; Arsenal 4-1 Viktoria Plzen: Bures 4 , Fierro 14 , Cavani 34 & 37 , Goretzka 58

Prem; 05/10/19; Emirates; Arsenal 4-1 QPR: Cavani 4 , Fierro 18 , Cavani 43 , Macheda 53 , Moi Gomez 86

Prem; 20/10/19; Madejski; Arsenal 6-2 Reading: Dowling 7 , Fierro 8 , Cavani 34 , Powell 54 , , Papadopoulos 47 , Cavani (Pen) 56 & 67

CL(Grp Stage); 23/10/19; Veltins-Arena; Arsenal 2-2 Schalke: Altidore 42 , Papadopoulos 63 , Altidore 83 , Moi Gomez 88

Prem; 26/10/19; Bloomfield Rd; Arsenal 2-0 Blackpool: Cavani 23 , Bender 64

C1C(Rd 4); 29/10/19; Stamford Bridge; Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea: Vadillo 19 , Kovacic 35 , Fierro 47 , Dowling S/O 48

Haha, just beaten Juventus away 3-0. Was reminiscent of Chelsea against Barcelona last season. It was an excellent rear guard display. All three goals came from set pieces with a Mertersacker brace and Giroud. 3-0 to the rugby club!

Archived