Sports Interactive Community
llama3

FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

arsenal-1_zps7db11a7f.jpg

2017/18 Season November Update

Prem; 04/11/17; Emirates; Arsenal 5-2 Newcastle: Ox 3 & 18 , Moi Gomez 24 , Hoilet 27 , Fierro 34 , Ox 48 , Ramirez 60 MoM: OX 9.6

C.L(Grp Stage); 07/11/17; Celtic Park; Arsenal 3-0 Celtic: Cavani (Pen) 2 & (Pen) 20 , Damiao 80MoM: Cavani 9.1

Prem; 11/11/17; Craven Cottage; Arsenal 4-2 Fulham: Cavani 1 , Bony 17 , Kasami 27 , Cavani 45 & 50 & 72 MoM: Cavani 9.8

Prem 14/11/17; Emirates; Arsenal 4-1 Man City: Papiss Cisse 17 , Nangis 31 , Cavani 45+2 , Fierro 48 , Tomkins 54 , MoM: Bale 9

Prem; 26/11/17; Emirates;Arsenal 1-0 Bolton: Bale 37 Bale 8.3

C.L(Grp Stage); 29/11/17; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 CSKA Moscow: Papadopoulos 7 , Bale 37 , OX 69 MoM: Dede 9

I think it may be due to the fact that you give out wages too liberally, I looked at your more established players and Wilshere is on 190k a week, Ox 125k, Ramsey 150k wow!

I think when you offer player contracts they look at the other players on the team who are in the same role (key player, first team, rotation etc) and price themselves using that as one of the indicators.

Wilshere is only making 100k on mine at 28, Ramsey 75k, Neymar 120k so even the best players usually never start off asking for than 100k a week when I renew their contract.

Could be, Bale wanted 125k to sign for us so I gave in and gave him that at the start of my save. He is now on 200k I believe. I really don't think I am going to be keeping up with this save though for much longer as their is not a huge challenge anymore.

For those asking I use Wilshere as an AM - A. All of my AMC's have had the same role and duty.

arsenal-1_zps7db11a7f.jpg]

2017/18 Season December Update

Prem; 02/12/17; Anfield; Arsenl 2-2 Liverpool: Kucka S/O 23 , Jonnson 27 , Bale 55 , Cavani 59 , Ben Afra 90 +2MoM: Bale 8.4

C.L(G.S); 06/12/17; St Jakobspark; Arsenal 3-0 Basel: Cavani 36 , Hutar O/G 56 , Damiao 90

Prem; 09/12/17; Loftus Rd; Arsenal 1-0 QPR: Nangis 55

C1C(Q/F); 13/12/17; St Marys; Arsenal 3-5 Southamtom: Dost 4 & 14 , Fierro 27 , Dost (Pen) 30 & 37 , Giroud 64 , Mariga 76 , Giroud 83

CWC(S/F); 16/12/17; Estadio Olimpico Universitario; Arsenal 3-1 America(MEX): Santillan 5 , Bennett 33 & 35 , Fierro 90

Prem; 20/12/17; Goodison Park; Arsenal 1-0 Everton: Fierro 27

Prem; 23/12/17; Emirates; Arsenal 4-1 Reading: Wilshere 3 , Tomkins 25 , Fierro 38 , Rudnevs 53 , Wilshere 70

C1C(F); 27/12/17; Estadio Olimpico Universitario; Arsenal 7-2 River: Nangis 4 , Goretzka (Pen) 27 , Chuck 30 , Nangis 43 , Rojas 47 , Bennett 51 , Bale 60 , Izquierdo 76 , Dede 79

Prem; 30/12/17; Emirates; Arsenal 4 -1 Sunderland: Bennett 3 , Dede 69 , Bennett 78 , Wilshere 81 , Wickham 88

i'm gonna start a new arsenal career when the update hits with all the signings etc

how much does cavani cost people in the first window? i really want him as i failed in my last game and ended up with an inconsistent falcao!

i'm gonna start a new arsenal career when the update hits with all the signings etc

how much does cavani cost people in the first window? i really want him as i failed in my last game and ended up with an inconsistent falcao!

25 million plus 25 million more over 48 months(by my DoF) a lot but he been well worth it he's scored an average of 46.7 gls/season over 5 seasons (in all comps) this season he's got 24 gls in 28 apps(all comps)

Uade looks pretty good, my main problem is his positioning is a bit low for me. I usually try and get my left backs to have 15+ marking and positioning. Chuck looks great, depending how you use him you could probably get his crossing up a bit more if you use him as a wing back. Goretzka and Gomez look very good can't find much wrong with them!

Also seems like you figured out how to get the image in the center. :)

this guy(from another save) has got to be the best regen I ever had on any fm ever!! he came through my youth acdemy in season 1!!!!!!

untitled_zpsc3e6cde1.png

how is damiao? in my game i couldn't sign him or cavani and forked out 50 million for falcao!

in real life i would love cavani at arsenal, i think when the new patch is out i will start a game and try and sign cavani and mulumbu first and foremost!

who have been peoples top signings this game? jovetic has been amazing as my aml inside forward, falcao is great and suprisingly, destro on a free as a complete forward support has banged goals in when falcao is hurt. demba ba was alright but injury prone, santon has been a really good and consistent player, as has m'vila with adryan and will hughes as quality younguns!

next game i wouldn't mind different players, any recomendations? i know there is a young aml inside forward in spain for sociadad i think? griezman?

Cavani costed me 55mm pounds in the 2nd season. Bought Neymar for 45mm the 3rd season. Cavani has been okay, in the first season I had him (pre super dribbling patch) he scored many fantastic goals, 2nd season (super dribble patch) not so much, so I bought Neymar to basically do some dribbling terror and Cavani became 2nd highest scorer after a regen target man striker.

The new patch looks promising, but Cavani is turning 35 soon, so he wont be any good this season other than the cup games.

I'm on my third season with Arsenal, and I bought only two young players this season and I'm using them on a regular basis, one DR and Zouma as DC. Now the board told me they are disappointed because i bought young players to the first team!!!! I gotta use my players!!!!!

Started a new save just before the latest patch, but have since got the 13.2.3 so the match engines up to date, but without the January transfers. I've also done a few minor tweaks to certain players within the database, mostly boosts and reductions of players CA and PA. Including a few of our players.

Went through pre-season with no transfer budgets enabled, so just a few players went out on loan. After completing an indifferent series of friendlies - with plenty of goals scored I started the competetive matches.

5 games later with 1 win, which was against Southampton, loses to Liverpool, Stoke and Manchester City and a poor draw with Sunderland have led me to question my tactic. All 3 goals I've scored are from dead ball situations (2 Arteta penalties and a Vermaelen header) so I'm struggling for goals and leaking them in at the back. As you can probably guess I'm using this season's real fixtures, so at the moment I don't measure up to Mr. Wenger's record at 5 games played. :(

I'm attempting to match the same tactic and selection used in real life.

2pt8a9y.png

2pzw555.png

I've also tweak individual player instructions. Such as:

• GK has a distribute pass to DLP
  • All players have Long Shots as Rarely.

Also noticed the players are really non respondent to team-talks and if they do respond its always negative, although my guess is that this is a reputation thing we my reputation as automatic.

So any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Swills, here's some tips:

• GK distribute to defense, not to midfielder
  • Use normal for creative freedom, the only creative player on that line up is Arteta and Carzola, unfortunately to say Walcott, Giroud, and Diaby aren't very creative for you to let them be creative like Barcelona
  • Put Walcott or Poldi on support
  • If Poldi is on attack, put Gibbs on attack as well, or WB on support. Then Put Jenks on support, both left and right defender bombing forward will get you killed when your defense collapse into the box to defend crosses as there wont be a 3rd defender to mark the far post. Vice versa if you choose to put Walcott on attack.
  • If Poldi is on attack, swap Diaby's place with Arteta and have Arteta to play DLP on defend on the left hand side, when Gibbs is caught out of possession Arteta can slot temporarily into the left defender position. Vice versa if Walcott and Jens are on attack.

Lastly your formation is very narrow with both side playing as inside forward. Teams like Liverpool (433) and Man City (4231 narrow) are narrow formations, narrow against narrow is not going to work. I would have Walcott as a winger to be wider, that will give more room for Giroud or Carzola to run into channel.

2017/18 Season January Update

Prem; 01/01/18; Emirates; Arsenal 4-0 Chelsea: Bale 2 , Nangis 27 , Fierro 56 & 79

Prem; 06.01/18; Emirates; Arsenal 6-1 Blackpool: Bale 51 , Fierro 57 , Cavani 72 , Damiao 78 & 81 & 83 , McGeouch 88

Prem; 10/01/18; Villa Park; Arsenal 3-1 Aston Villa: Cavani 39 , Bale 63 , Ferguson 70 , Wilshere 72

F.A(Rd 3); 13/01/18; Priestfield; Arsenal 4-0 Gillingham: Papadopoulos 12 , Fierro 23 & 45 , Camara 67

Prem; 16/01/18; Emirates; Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Oxlade-Chamberlain 45 , Bale 56 , Wilshere 58 & 82 , Chico 87

Prem; 21/01/18; Old Trafford; Arsenal 2-2 Man Ud: Bale 3 , Smalling 17 , Kagawa 65, Goretzka 90

F.A(Rd 4; 31/01/18; Emirates; Arsenal 4-2 Sunderland: Fierro 21 , Bennett 27 , Fierro 40 , Cavani 50 , Bale 66 , Elmohamady 86

• Use normal for creative freedom, the only creative player on that line up is Arteta and Carzola, unfortunately to say Walcott, Giroud, and Diaby aren't very creative for you to let them be creative like Barcelona
  • If Poldi is on attack, put Gibbs on attack as well, or WB on support. Then Put Jenks on support, both left and right defender bombing forward will get you killed when your defense collapse into the box to defend crosses as there wont be a 3rd defender to mark the far post. Vice versa if you choose to put Walcott on attack.
  • If Poldi is on attack, swap Diaby's place with Arteta and have Arteta to play DLP on defend on the left hand side, when Gibbs is caught out of possession Arteta can slot temporarily into the left defender position. Vice versa if Walcott and Jens are on attack.

Lastly your formation is very narrow with both side playing as inside forward. Teams like Liverpool (433) and Man City (4231 narrow) are narrow formations, narrow against narrow is not going to work. I would have Walcott as a winger to be wider, that will give more room for Giroud or Carzola to run into channel.

I do like this feedback! I'll give it a whirl and report back with results. Have Fulham next in the League Cup, so should be an easier game. I had a look back at the goals I conceded and noticed that a large amount of them had come from crosses from wide areas and corners, perhaps you've spotted the problem with the Walcott, Podolski, Gibbs and Jenkinson all bombing forward. Although it does show that the 3 man midfield seems to be doing it's job defensively - (hence the 7.1's of Diaby and Coq and the 7.3 of Ramsey against Manchester City) but not offensively.

EDIT:

Just been put to the sword by the mighty Rodallega who bagged a hat-trick in a 3-1 win. Decided to start Bellerin as it was league cup - big mistake. He had a shocker. Fulham out shot us and out passed us. Only positive being a goal from open play FINALLY, which Oxlade-Chamberlain headed in.

Right, so this team can't create, can't pass and can't defend. This is disgusting. :mad: Can't even give the hairdryer treatment because it will kill morale. Despite this, I will persevere and find the winning formula for this team.

Chelsea next.

I turn to Chamakh.

Agony. A game of heroes and villains. Chelsea 4 - 3 Arsenal.

On stats, we should of lost. 5 shots to their 12, 39% possession. We looked terrible.

It started horrendously, Chamakh, the man who was destined to turn this rut around fouled Terry and gave away the penalty which Lampard dispatched. Against the run of play we won a corner which of all people, Chamakh, was on the end of a move that resulted in the equalizer. The wind was in our sailed. However, Chamakh was dispossessed on the half way line and Mata found Oscar who had ghosted in behind Gibbs to supply the deadly finish. As half time approached, Chamakh who was out muscled by Terry received a second yellow for unsportsmanlike conduct.

The second half kicked off, with our backs against the wall, it was all Chelsea. Until after a long punt by Jenkinson, which David Luiz struggled to deal with, we had a corner. Cazorla curled in the perfect corner which our captain had met with his head. We had equalized again! Following this, I shut up shop. I was happy with the point, we we're living dangerously though until Mikel misplaced his pass straight to Ramsey, who fed Carzorla who was free on the right, he whipped it to the opposite flank where Oxlade-Chamberlain was free, who kept his composure and slid the ball into the 6 yard box where it was met by Cazorla who bundled it home. This was a lead we hardly deserved, I decided to really shut up shop. Contain. All roles to defensive or support. Arshavin and Gervinho replaced the tired Cazorla and Oxlade-Chamberlain. This sub proved to be the critical error which gifted Chelsea the game.

With Chelsea raining down the long ball, Gervinho jumped to intercept, completely mistimed and put Malouda through, who had the composure to round Szczesny and calmy finish. I would of taken the point. Until the 4th minute of the 3 minutes added time. Mata whipped in a corner, who found David Luiz, who nodded it into Malouda who crashed his header onto the underside of the bar and over the line. We were heartbroken.

It was at this point of time I decided Chamakh and Gervinho will never kick a ball for the club again

I don't know what would be harder to take, taking the lead with 10 men and still losing, or the fact Malouda scored a brace to make you lose :D

Also just want to add that Gervinho and Walcott gave me a lot of headaches in the first season, as soon as it appears we are going to lose / have a tough time they get super nervous and preform like crap. As soon as we score they decide to get complacent lol

First season is always going to be tough, but the board only expects to qualify for Europa league which is very possible: just use your best starting line up and win the Capital One cup :p

The more you win silverware the more mentally strong the team becomes, but the catch is to win silverware :p I won the CL in the first season by complete luck, now 9 seasons into the save and having won the EPL 7x, CL 5x, my team gets fired up when they I tell at them at half time for only winning 2-0.

Playing as Arsenal for a couple of weeks now but haven't actually posted in this thread before. I'm into Season 3 now, but I'll give a quick summary of what's happened with my save over the previous two years. :)

Season 2012/2013

I finished 2nd in the league to Manchester City. It looked like I was going to finish third behind Spurs, but a last day choke from them and a strong home showing from us helped us snatch it by 1 point. We finished 4 behind City. Two defeats in my last 4 games meant that I missed out on a great chance to win the league.

I went out of the Capital One Cup early. I'm not even sure when/where. Conversely, I made the final of the FA Cup, only to lose 1-0 to Man Utd who scored in Fergie Time :thdn: 90+4th minute Vidic made it 1-0, even though only 2 minutes were added on. Typical. They did deserve to win though, they dominated me for the majority of the game.

In the Champions League I finished 2nd in my group (Dortmund topped it) and it set up a tie with Juventus in the first knockout round. I lost 1-2 in London but with a 2-3 lead in Turin I thought I was going to get through... Demba Ba hit the post twice (he actually hit the post then with the rebound, and an open goal, hit the same post) and on the counter from that very attack Juve made it 3-3 to go through on agg.

Transfer-wise, I spent quite a bit, but I also sold quite a sizeable chunk of players too "(J)" means they were a January signing/sale.

In: Demba Ba (£7M), Davide Santon (£13M+Squillaci), Sebastian Jung (£3.9M), Jonny Howson (£4.2M), Mason Bennett (£2.9M), Adryan (£875k), (J) Toby Alderweireld (£6M), (J) Falcao (£40M), German regen (since turned out rubbish) (£2.3M)

Total: £80M

Out: Gervinho (£15M), Andre Santos (£4.5M), Marouane Chamakh (£7M), Andrey Arshavin (£6.5M), (J) Johan Djourou (£8M)

Total:£41.5M

Season 2013/2014

Premier League Champions :cool: I won the title on the second last day of the season, fending off Man City. However final-day results meant I won the title by a pretty fantastic 8 points. My average squad age was a remarkable 20 :cool::D

Nothing worth talking about in the Capital One Cup or FA Cup. Pretty dismal showing in both, I think.

I made the semi-final of the Champions League. I drew Porto and thought I was in with a great shout of getting into the final to face defending champions Juventus, but 0-0 in Portugal and then an injury-stricken home side couldn't cope with Porto's late-game counters and I lost 0-1 (only my third ever home defeat). Porto went on to win the CL, beating Juventus 5-1 rather amazingly.

Transfer-wise, I spent little compared to what I sold...

In: Moussa Sissoko (£17.5M), Salvatore Bocchetti (Free), Mattia Destro (Free), (J) Bojan (£7.75M) plus 4 regens totalling £8.5M

Total: £34M

Out: Mikel Arteta (£8M), Thomas Rosicky (Free), Nicklas Bendtner (£7.5M), Denilson (£5M), Park Chu-Young (£4M), Vito Mannone (£1M), Demba Ba (£15.75M), Per Mertesacker (£10.5M), Theo Walcott (Free), Santi Cazorla (£18.75M), (J) Salvatore Bocchetti (£10M), (J) Falcao (£45M)

Total: £126M

Season 2014/2015

I'm currently top of the PL by 9 points, but second-place Man Utd have a game in hand. I'm confident of retaining my crown.

I'm into the final of the Capital One Cup - I'll take on Tottenham who beat Reading 7-1 on aggregate whilst I beat Man City 5-2 on aggregate to get here. I'm still in the FA Cup - only the 4th round. I've got a replay v West Ham coming up.

I'm also into the knockout stages of the CL - I'm set to take on Real Madrid who finished second in their group.

Transfers have been uninteresting. A few incomings and out-goings...

In: Ross Barkley (£2.5M + Carl Jenkinson), Johann Carrasso (£1M), Daniel Agger (£2.6M), Micah Richards (£5.5M), two regens for a total of £5.5M.

Total: £17M

Out: Abou Diaby (£2.5M), Lukas Podolski (£10M), truckload of frees, including Fabianski and Bacary Sagna and finally (J) Joel Campbell (£1M)

Total: £13M

There's also a lot of loan deals I haven't included here (or any of the other transfers).

This is the formation and tactic (home) that I've used for my entire Arsenal career.

341F1C286EF04D99E35B2AED87AC3FC9D4D2019A

And my star player has to be this man...

9B4CD16839F7DCF4B1F1B4D055500EAD83892556

:cool:

So yeah...I'll update as the season goes on no doubt.

hi

need some advice on who should be my vice captain?

Arteta is the current vice captain but I don't think he will get many games , as my central midfield consists of fellaini,lars bender and Corzorla or Wilshere.

Wilshere seems a good choice but he is still rotated with Corzorla and would prefer the vice captain to be someone who is a regular starter.

thinking Fellaini? and once vermalean retires Wilshere will take the captaincy.

what do you think .

*start of 2nd season by the way*

cheers

use walcott as a winger attack and he is amazing on the right, or as a poacher!

has he got enough metal skills to be an inside forward?

k9t4k4.png

Has anyone had a start as bad as this before? Its just disgusting those results. With Cluj, Chelsea and Sunderland taking points of me in the last minutes of games. This injury crisis doesn't help either. Lost Mertersacker and Arteta (x2) for extended periods this season. The time has come for Jack Wilshere to save this club for the relegation scrap it has fallen into.

You should not be losing to CFR Cluj, not sure what is going on there.... you should drop by the tactics forum and post your tactics, along with one of your game's analysis such as the shots and passing analysis to get some insight on whats going on.

Also momentum counts a lot in this game, once you are on a winning stream it really takes a big team to stop you, or conversely if you are on a losing streak its a delicate balance to turn it around.

I was sitting 9 points clear with 8 games to go.

I then lost 3-0 to United to see my lead chopped to 6. And then lost to Newcastle, 3-0, to see my lead decrease to 3. Only 6 games to go. What is happening to my team!?

Also out of Europe after losing 2-1 in Madrid and then drawing 1-1 in London.

I did win the Capital One Cup though, and I'm into the semi-finals of the FA Cup against Tottenham with a meeting against either Man City or some rubbish team who won't beat City.

Ok have to disagree with a big chunk of this:

1 - distribute to a defender, the DLP will be under too much pressure, or have to win it in the air. Not a sensible move. Defender collect is what you want.

2 - normal creative freedom makes his short passing much less effective.

3 - why? both are clearly better as goalscorers, and with giroud dropping deep they help push into space and open up gaps too.

4 - your selection of full backs on attack is perfect - none of the 4 full backs are designed to put in clever reverse passes or through balls, with your 2 inside forwards cutting into the space giroud has vacated, you need good width like that.

5 - his formation is not narrow - he has giroud drifting outside, diaby can too. He also has excellent overlapping down the flanks too.

Not bad tips overall, but in the case of Arsenal, not quite as simple as wwfan's formation building guide.

Individual changes to role or duty can make a huge difference in any individual game - e.g. like walcott being a winger in 1 game, and an inside forward in another.

Your team looks well built, very similar to mine which is doing very well. So have you made any other individual ticks? Opposition Instructions? What shouts? Are you badly motivating your team? What kind of media interaction are you doing?

Ok have to disagree with a big chunk of this:

1 - distribute to a defender, the DLP will be under too much pressure, or have to win it in the air. Not a sensible move. Defender collect is what you want.

2 - normal creative freedom makes his short passing much less effective.

3 - why? both are clearly better as goalscorers, and with giroud dropping deep they help push into space and open up gaps too.

4 - your selection of full backs on attack is perfect - none of the 4 full backs are designed to put in clever reverse passes or through balls, with your 2 inside forwards cutting into the space giroud has vacated, you need good width like that.

5 - his formation is not narrow - he has giroud drifting outside, diaby can too. He also has excellent overlapping down the flanks too.

Not bad tips overall, but in the case of Arsenal, not quite as simple as wwfan's formation building guide.

Individual changes to role or duty can make a huge difference in any individual game - e.g. like walcott being a winger in 1 game, and an inside forward in another.

Your team looks well built, very similar to mine which is doing very well. So have you made any other individual ticks? Opposition Instructions? What shouts? Are you badly motivating your team? What kind of media interaction are you doing?

I play with DLF, he doesnt drift out as much as an AF nor drop as deep as a winger on support. his attack once near the box gets extremely narrow with no wing play--with both AMR and AML on attack the ball goes through the middle because they dont drop as deep to carry the passing forward.

I play with exactly the same formation but tweaked differently and have won the CL with pretty much the same team back when I started.

Both full backs on attack is also a bad idea, just like how Arsenal is playing in real life. That only works if you are killing it with possession and are attacking nonstop. Against teams like Chelsea, Man Utd, and Man City, they dont drop back and defend, you commit that many bodies forward you get killed on the exposed flank (in this case both flanks) with fast dribblers like Aguero, Hazard, Kagawa, Valencia etc.

Not to mention he isn't playing with an offside trap with committing so many bodies forward.

With Full backs on attack the defense line looks like this:

FB---------------------FB

-------CB-----CB--------

The --- in red is the "channel" Any attacking player with the instruction to "run into channel" will exploit that to no end.

Lastly the reason I said to use normal creative freedom because I tried to manage the Spanish national team and for fun, used a very fluid formation that use a lot of CM with just one roaming AMC and an AF. All the original Spanish players have amazing mental stats, much better than Arsenal, and so I got a chance to see what creative freedom can do and I don't think Arsenal's team is cut out for it.

Arsenalthebest (Or anyone else who's had success),

Do you have a screenshot of your tactic? Just want to compare it to mine.

arsenal2_zps5b92e252.jpg

you can also switch the CM(D) to BWM(D)

I Rotate Chuck and De Sciglio and Goretzka and Bender, 1s backups are Moi Gomez to Wilshere, Taylor to Uade , Tomkins to Dede/Papadopoulos , Nangis to Bale Chamberlain, Bennett to Cavani, Damiao to Fierro

2017/18 Season Febuary Update

Prem; 03/0218; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Swansea: Fierro 20 & 45 , Cavani 51,

Prem; 06/02/18; Emirates; Arsenal 3-2 Stoke: Fierro 21 , Carrol 35 , Cavani 57 , Shawcross 67 , Cavani 90+5

Prem; 11/02/18; Turf Moor; Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Wilshere 51 , Velikonja 65 , Bennett 90

Prem; 14/02/18, Molineux; Arsenal 3-0 Wolves: Tomkins 19 , Fierro 59 , Wilshere 60

F.A(Rd 5); 17/02/18; Emirates; Arsenal 5-0 Leeds: Cavani 2 , Fierro 14 , 19 , 43 , 65

C.L(1st K/O Rd Leg 1);27/02/18; Parc De Princes; Arsenal 3-1 PSG: Fierro 10 , Cavani 39 , Schiber 59 , Fierro 90

fml-6_zps7a188018.jpg

Decided to start a new save with Arsenal as I was pretty bored with my previous one, I also was upset at my wages for some of my players so I hope to keep a tighter wage budget with this save. Also I have set a rule in which I will only buy young players <21 (<18 in the future). I also will sell any player who hits 30. I am using an updated database so Natxo Monreal is at Arsenal and I also edited the database to have the ability to expand The Emirates. It can possibly hold up to 100k people but so far the board will not expand it.

7QAZV6r.png

2012/2013 Pre-Season Transfers

Transfers

I pretty much decided to get rid of the deadwood that was left at the club and the players who were over the age of 30 which included Squillaci, Arshavin and Arteta. I also sold Gervinho as I didn't need him after buying Wellington Nem for 3.5m. Jores Okore was brought in as a replacement for Squillaci and Djourou who is out on loan. Ademilson will be back up to Olivier Giroud and will be used often from the beginning as he is already quite good. Bakkali was bought by my HoYD and I don't plan on using him much this season unless we get an easy draw in the FA Cup. As the season is under way I was unable to buy Kurt Zouma who I was hoping to get and I also wanted to sign a new right back as I will be selling Sagna either in January or the summer since he is already 29.

Goals for this save include developing some good youth, expand the stadium to 100k seats, buy players under the age of 18 and build a successful squad, reserves squad and youth squad. I also wish it was possible to have the New York Red Bulls as a feeder club but I am pretty sure that is impossible.

Decided to start a new save with Arsenal as I was pretty bored with my previous one, I also was upset at my wages for some of my players so I hope to keep a tighter wage budget with this save. Also I have set a rule in which I will only buy young players <21 (<18 in the future). I also will sell any player who hits 30. I am using an updated database so Natxo Monreal is at Arsenal and I also edited the database to have the ability to expand The Emirates. It can possibly hold up to 100k people but so far the board will not expand it.

7QAZV6r.png

2012/2013 Pre-Season Transfers

Transfers

I pretty much decided to get rid of the deadwood that was left at the club and the players who were over the age of 30 which included Squillaci, Arshavin and Arteta. I also sold Gervinho as I didn't need him after buying Wellington Nem for 3.5m. Jores Okore was brought in as a replacement for Squillaci and Djourou who is out on loan. Ademilson will be back up to Olivier Giroud and will be used often from the beginning as he is already quite good. Bakkali was bought by my HoYD and I don't plan on using him much this season unless we get an easy draw in the FA Cup. As the season is under way I was unable to buy Kurt Zouma who I was hoping to get and I also wanted to sign a new right back as I will be selling Sagna either in January or the summer since he is already 29.

Goals for this save include developing some good youth, expand the stadium to 100k seats, buy players under the age of 18 and build a successful squad, reserves squad and youth squad. I also wish it was possible to have the New York Red Bulls as a feeder club but I am pretty sure that is impossible.

I ve done the same thing got the board to expand by 10k in Season 5

BTW IT Nacho Monreal

I play with DLF, he doesnt drift out as much as an AF nor drop as deep as a winger on support. his attack once near the box gets extremely narrow with no wing play--with both AMR and AML on attack the ball goes through the middle because they dont drop as deep to carry the passing forward.

I play with exactly the same formation but tweaked differently and have won the CL with pretty much the same team back when I started.

Both full backs on attack is also a bad idea, just like how Arsenal is playing in real life. That only works if you are killing it with possession and are attacking nonstop. Against teams like Chelsea, Man Utd, and Man City, they dont drop back and defend, you commit that many bodies forward you get killed on the exposed flank (in this case both flanks) with fast dribblers like Aguero, Hazard, Kagawa, Valencia etc.

Not to mention he isn't playing with an offside trap with committing so many bodies forward.

With Full backs on attack the defense line looks like this:

FB---------------------FB

-------CB-----CB--------

The --- in red is the "channel" Any attacking player with the instruction to "run into channel" will exploit that to no end.

Lastly the reason I said to use normal creative freedom because I tried to manage the Spanish national team and for fun, used a very fluid formation that use a lot of CM with just one roaming AMC and an AF. All the original Spanish players have amazing mental stats, much better than Arsenal, and so I got a chance to see what creative freedom can do and I don't think Arsenal's team is cut out for it.

The mentality of the DLP will drop him into that space in front of the centre backs. 2 full backs on attack is the right thing to do with the 2 inside forwards. He could use a better shape for it like 4-1-2-2-1, but he will suffer in attack from it.

w83hxu.png

I've been a busy lad.

Transfers:

2hwjlmd.png

Some big moves in the transfer window. Managed to get £25M for Gervinho from Chelsea, who clearly have more money than sense. Got £47M in total for all of the players I sold, and almost all of this went back into the squad. The marquee signing of the summer would prove to be Stevan Jovetić, who joined for a club record fee of £17.5M. The sale of Santos left me a bit short in the LB spot, and I've decided Gibbs isn't good/fit enough to be relied upon week-in, week-out, so Nacho Monreal joined from Málaga for £10.5M. just as he has done in real life. Andrea Poli arrived from Sampdoria for £8.25M to provide long-term competition for Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey in the engine room. My head-of-youth-development also secured the signatures of Koray Günter, the German-born Turkish centre-half and Zakaria Bakkali, a young Belgian striker.

Results:

2r3zbyp.png

7 games, 7 wins, 7 clean sheets.

Yes, we're only 7 games in, but things literally couldn't have gone any better in those 7 games. 7 straight clean sheets in 7 straight victories, including a hard-fought 1-0 win over he who shall not be named's new team Manchester United, is certainly a good way to start a career. Newly appointed captain Thomas Vermaelen has been absolutely immense, scoring two goals and winning 5 MoTM awards in the 7 games! Hopefully, this'll continue!

:thup:

arsenalthebest, how good has Goretzka been for you? I just agreed a fee for him to come in January.
Good I rotate with Bender(60-40 in benders favour) his amr (Goretzka)is 7.44

anxiietyyy that is a superb run! Do you set up a compact shape or prefer a pressing game?

anxiietyyy that is a superb run! Do you set up a compact shape or prefer a pressing game?

I play a relatively high-pressure, forward thinking game. I usually have Coquelin patrolling just in front of the back-four, with a CM > S and an AP > A making up the other two in midfield. I was surprised at being able to do it! On the 8th game of the season, however, we conceded our first goal in a 2-1 victory over Newcastle. Not much to complain about considering we got the three points!

Keep wanting to start a save with Arsenal as they are who I support but I don't want to get bored too quick so I am Southampton at the moment, might get one started soon.

Hi all,

So, I gave up with FM13 in a bit of a huff a while ago. I just couldn't get a handle on the tactics and match engine...

Anyways, I noticed on Twitter the other day that another patch has been added in the last week or so...

So, has anyone noticed any differences with the new patch? Mainly, I am hoping the ME is MARGINALLY more forgiving...

I might, maybe, have got together the courage to try again...

Hi all,

So, I gave up with FM13 in a bit of a huff a while ago. I just couldn't get a handle on the tactics and match engine...

Anyways, I noticed on Twitter the other day that another patch has been added in the last week or so...

So, has anyone noticed any differences with the new patch? Mainly, I am hoping the ME is MARGINALLY more forgiving...

I might, maybe, have got together the courage to try again...

It's a lot, lot better from what I have played up to now. Less super dribblers, more build up play and through balls with the right settings and instructions.

The patch is an improvement but I've gone back to FM12, not that bothered since the ME was a new build so i am excited to see how FM14 turns out. Far too many injuries and mistakes leading to goals in the current ME for me to continue playing

2017/18 Season March Update

Prem; 03/03/18; St Marys; Arsenal 1-0 Southampton: Cavani 43

Prem;10/03/18; Emirates; Arsenal 2-1 West Brom: Turner 45 , Damiao 79 , Dede 90

Prem; 18/03/18; Emirates; Arsenal 7-0 Fulham: Bennett 2 , Fierro 11 , Bennett 23 , Damiao 52 , Wilshere 64 , Damiao 78 , Wilshere 88

CL(1st K/O Rd Leg 2); 21/03/18; Arsenal 1-1 PSG(AGG 4-2): Fellaini 20 , Fierro 21

F.A(Q/F); 24/03/18; Vicarage Rd; Arsenal 1-0 Watford: Damiao 32

Prem; 28/0/18; St James' Park; Arsenal 6-2 Newcastle: Fierro 5 , Zaha 21 , Fierro 44 , Bale 49 , Boymans 62 , Damiao 64 & 79 , Fierro 88

I won the Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup in my third season - making up for my first season FA Cup disappointment (losing to United in the final). It's my second PL in a row. :cool:

Olivier Giroud is GOD. 38 Premier League goals in 38 Premier League games.

Mason Bennett wins the UEFA Champions League Golden Boot Finished equal with Lionel Messi but took the award on the basis of less games played (8 appearances compared to Messi's 10). P8, S8, A4, Avg 8.04. Not bad for an 18 year old, eh?

Also here's players sorted by value across the world. Wilshere at No.2

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...3722E2E45DD72/

I also have new Chinese owners. http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577855333432822031/A3E039E91B0D43281612487B7DB2E13116FACE38/ :eek: those wage and transfer budgets.

tried bringing Fabregas back to the club after he fell out of sorts at Barca (behind Xavi, Iniesta and Thiago, so he rarely plays - only 12 league appearances last season). I had a £27M offer accepted but he wanted £185K so I decided not to bother with him. I'm not even sure if he'd feature for me anyway, he'd be stuck behind Ramsey as my first choice and I don't think I'd be happy to drop Ox for an ageing (albeit quality) CM.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577855333432960182/21BAAA5B91AD4C2ADEBF97BE57889FF9D37CA908/ - Only 5* club in the world :cool:

I've also gone from 2nd richest club in the world (United were first) to the richest - http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577855333432958854/919C1B506D64327D46685EB8DA51C75A7D49DC55/ - which is satisfying.

Are your Chinese owners tycoons? I had a similar wage budget towards the end of my first save but I was in 2018/2019. Both of my files crashed so I might be taking a break from Arsenal for awhile. I might try a save with Southampton as I had a very nice one going with them in FM 12.

Are your Chinese owners tycoons? I had a similar wage budget towards the end of my first save but I was in 2018/2019. Both of my files crashed so I might be taking a break from Arsenal for awhile. I might try a save with Southampton as I had a very nice one going with them in FM 12.

They are indeed :D

Soton looks like a good save. Some quality youngsters, next-to-no expectations upon them, Ramirez and Schneiderlin :thup:

Since I last posted the poor form has continued. After making the aforementioned changed in this thread, the team performance's have improved slightly. Despite results not being u to scratch.

We were poor against Manchester United and Benfica (the first game) but we really should of won the home game against Benfica, Fulham and Tottenham. :(

10y1ch4.png

These are the tactics, formations and line-ups I use now.

awssnd.png29ylf95.png

This I use for games which I should be winning, my main tactic. It has caused a notable improvement in possession with Cazorla cutting inside. I have ramsey as the default playmaker, would It be better to have Wilshere ticked for this role?

vpue6b.png

This is the away tactic or the one I use against the bigger teams. I've had mixed results with this. Against Manchester United it was dreadful and we were steamrolled. However, against Tottenham, we dominated the game and really should of won. For the team instructions it remains the same, except a change in strategy to counter.

Obviously attack and defensive is the issue. Having Vermaelen as your top goal scorer is not ideal. Nor is a -9 goal difference. I do find that a lot of players get nervous in the final 20 minutes and this usual leads to an individual mistake which occasionally leads to a goal. Any ideas how to cut this out? What shouts could I use to help close out games.

I've also realised that opposition instructions could also be an issue. In the main I leave this to Steve Bould. Also inspiring players before a match is near impossible, as they always seem to switch off. Its only after games where I either criticize or empathize with them.

Swills417 - the tactic seems to have moved away from what Arsenal are good at, and has become LESS logical as you have become desperate for results - start by deciding what you want to achieve; possession, counter-attacking, pressing, etc - and build up again from there. Certain formations work well with certain styles too, 4-2-3-1 is decent for possession, but great for pressing and counter-attacking. 4-1-2-2-1 is excellent for possession - i am more than happy to help you decide what you want to achieve.