FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PzVWEfc.png

2016/2017 Season Review

Well after deciding to continue with my old Arsenal save I had to finish the season. Last season I sold my star midfielder in Marco Verratti and replaced him with Jack Rodwell. We also had a hugely successful season and let's see if we can have another one this season.

League Table

We retain our Premier League title for the 3rd consecutive season in one of the more easy seasons we have had. At one point we trailed Manchester United by 6 points with 5 games in hand. Sunderland, Stoke City and Norwich City were relegated and we see Manchester City not even reach the Champions League spots. Danny Welbeck had his best season with us and it is good to see him scoring. Jack Wilshere was easily our best player this season but our whole squad is amazing. I am thinking about selling Aaron Ramsey and Gareth Bale and replacing them with two English players so my squad is fully English finally.

UEFA Champions League

Unfortunately we had a couple pesky Italian sides who ate us apart. AC Milan beat us in the group stages which sealed our 2nd place finish and then we were knocked out by Juventus in the first knockout round. Shame we couldn't win it for a 3rd consecutive season but oh well we will just have to do better next season!

Capital One Cup & FA Cup

We defeated Manchester City in the Capital One Cup to win another trophy this season. I also entered into the worldwide hall of fame after that victory as well. Fergie is still #1 but I will be moving closer to him I am sure! Unfortunately Tottenham beat us in the FA Cup final and halted our quest for 5 trophies in a season. We completely cruised through to the final of the Capital One Cup especially after beating Chelsea 4-0 over two legs. In the FA Cup we had Manchester City right out of the gate in the 3rd round and overcame them. The next couple of matches were quite easy until we faced United when we came back from 2-1 down to win 3-2.

Cup Finals

I decided to list the other three cup finals in one post. We lost the Community Shield to Chelsea, won the European Super Cup against Schalke and won the Club World Cup after beating Atletico Miniero. I wasn't too worried about the Community Shield although for one season I would love to win every single trophy in a season. It won't happen next season due to us not winning the Champions League but I will be gunning for them that is for sure!

Going into next season I am not sure what I will be doing. I am finding young English regens that are good hard to find. I might sell Ramsey to bring through a young CM who had rave reviews while he was on loan at Wolves this season. He will fit nicely into my squad as a BWM. I am hesitant on selling Gareth Bale as he has been immense for us but I might next season after bringing through an AML who I hope to send out on loan to a Premier League club this season.

arsenal3_zpse3019f7a.jpg

2016/17 Season January Update

Prem; 02/01/17; Anfield; Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool: Cavani 72

F.A(Rd 3); 07/01/17; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Bolton: Wilshere 25 & 70 , Cavani 80

Prem; 10/01/17; Stamford Bridge; Arsenal 4-2 Chelsea: Damiao 12 , Cavani 27 , Ox 32, Dede O/G 44, Rodwell 80 , Damiao 87

Prem; 15/01/17; St James' Park; Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle: Bale 67

F.A(Rd 4); 21/01/17; Emirates; Arsenal 4-0 Middlesborough: Luisao 1 , Nangis 8 , Bennett 18 & 22

Prem; 24/01/17; Emirates; Arsenal 11-1 Fulham: Giroud 2 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 16 & 22 & 30 , Dyer 32 , Cavani 34 & 42 , Williams 45 , Wilshere 50 , Ox 53 , Wilshere 58 , Cavani 67

arsenal-1_zps86a7544c.jpg

hi

Can any of you fellow gooners recommend me a Anchorman , budget is not to important but would like to keep it below 20m if possible. I do have Fellaini already but he plays further up in a bwm role .

thanks

Radja Nainggolan - might not be tall enough for the most ideal anchorman but in every other facet he has been tremendous for me.

Radja Nainggolan - might not be tall enough for the most ideal anchorman but in every other facet he has been tremendous for me.

forgot all about him , do you use him in that role?

cheers

Naingollan , Tiote , de jong , Lassana Diarra , melo .

Out of the above who would you guys suggest as a anchorman , I'm leaning towards Naingollan or Tiote (Tiote looks like anchorman is his best role according to my scouts)

After losing 2-0 to United away I'm level on points, and literally so close to losing the league with over 100 points. I'll keep you all posted. We have them in the CL Final, and I've struggled to over come them in recent saves. Once I beat them 5-1 3 days after a 1-1 put me out on Away goals in the CL.

They're just amazing under Pep, frustrates me.

Naingollan , Tiote , de jong , Lassana Diarra , melo .

Out of the above who would you guys suggest as a anchorman , I'm leaning towards Naingollan or Tiote (Tiote looks like anchorman is his best role according to my scouts)

Be careful about an "Aggressive" Anchorman - the point of an Anchorman is that he holds position, buy guys with a high Aggression are less likely to stay put, they are more likely to jump into a tackle and expose you.

After losing 2-0 to United away I'm level on points, and literally so close to losing the league with over 100 points. I'll keep you all posted. We have them in the CL Final, and I've struggled to over come them in recent saves. Once I beat them 5-1 3 days after a 1-1 put me out on Away goals in the CL.

They're just amazing under Pep, frustrates me.

On FM08 I lost the league with 94 points on GD before. That sucked.

Be careful about an "Aggressive" Anchorman - the point of an Anchorman is that he holds position, buy guys with a high Aggression are less likely to stay put, they are more likely to jump into a tackle and expose you.

Didn't realise that , got any suggestions other than Claude Makélélé then :-)

Didn't realise that , got any suggestions other than Claude Makélélé then :-)

Sven and Lars Bender are excellent choices. They have superbly suited PPM's too. Busquets & Lucas are sound choices. Blaise Matuidi & Simon Rolfes too. The Bender brother's are really excellent choices though.

arsenal3_zpse3019f7a.jpg

2016/17 Season Febuary Update

Prem; 04/02/17; Reebok; Arsenal 4-0 Bolton: Giroud 1 , Ox 7 , Giroud 37 & 56

Prem 08/02/17; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Sunderland: Cavani 17 & 70 , Mosquera O/G 87

F.A(Rd 5); 11/02/17; Emirates; Arsenal 4-0 Man City: Cavani 7 , Wilshere 24 , Cavani (Pen) 52 , Damiao 81

C.L1st K/O Rd Leg 1; 15/02/17; Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleski Turk Telecom Arena; Arsenal 4-2 Galatasary: Wilshere 7 , Darida 10 , Damiao 24 , Cavani 32 , Wilshere 45 , Darida 63

Prem; 21/02/17; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Wigan: Bale 4 , Ox 45 & 67

Prem; 26//02/17; Emirates; Arsenal 1-0 Stoke: Cavani 22

Won the league on GD with 102 points :D

Also finally beat United! and retained the CL after a 4-0 win. My star striker who I signed on deadline day with a hat trick. Going to thin my squad a lot as I went regen crazy last year as I typically do. Wish we had an U-20 instead of U-18 system. I dominated United and now have a new strategy against them it was so simple, just had my markers man mark theirs and their crazy mazy runs were nullified.

They had beat us 2-0 in the CL Final two years before, and knocked us out in the semis the year before that. They also pipped us to the league last year with 99 to 97 points.

arsenal3_zpse3019f7a.jpg

2016/17 Season March& April Update

F.A(Rd 6); 04/03/17; Villa Park; Arsenal 1-0 Aston Villa: Damiao 55

C.L(!sr K//O Rd Leg 2); Emirates; 07/03/17; Arsenal 3-0 Galatasary(Agg 7-2): Damaio 17 , Cavani 42 , Giroud 84

Prem; 11/03/17; Boleyn Ground; Arsenal 3-0 West Ham: Cavani 2 , Bale 23 ,Vossen S/O 78 , Wilshere 86

Prem; 25/03/17; St Marys; Arsenal 1-0 Southampton: Cavani 78

C.L(Q/F Leg 1); 28/03/17; Emirates; Arsenal 1-0 AC Milan:Papadopoulos 44

Prem; 01/04/17; Turf Moor; Arsenal 2-0 Burnley: Ox 11 , Bale 22

C.L(Q/F Leg 2); 05/04/17; San Siro; Arsenal 1-1 AC Milan(Agg 2-1): Wilshere 49 , Pazzini 54

F.A(S/F); 09/04/17; Wembley; Arsenal 3-1 Swansea: Damiao 4 , Cavani 47 , Damiao 7 , Corneilus 89

Prem; 12/04/17; Emirates; Arsenal 2-1 Reading: Papadopoulos 67 , Cavani 76 , Powell 87

Prem; 15/04/17; Emirtes; Arsenal 2-1 Aston Villa: Giroud 64 , Konate 78 , Bennett 89

C.L(S/F Leg 1); 18/04/17; Juventus Stadium; Arsenal 1-1 Juventus: Damiao 54 , Llorente 76

Prem; 22/04/17; Molinuex; Arsenal 3-1 Wolves: Giroud 26 , Bennett 40 , Ramsey 47 , Lansbury 78

C.L (S/F Leg 2); 26/04/17; Emirates; Arsenal 4-1 Juventus(Agg 5-2): Cavani 30 , 32 , Dede 39 , Papadopoulos S/O 50, Diouf 54 , Cavani 60

Prem; 29/04/17; King Power Stadium; Arsenal 0-0 Leicester

arsenal3_zpse3019f7a.jpg

2016/17 Season May Update/ End of Season Review

Prem; 03/06/17; Emirates; Arsenal 5-0 Swansea: Damiao 10 & 23 , Cavani 43 & 67 , Bennett 80

F.A(F); Wembley; Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle: Dede 23 , Damiao 38 , Giroud 66

Prem; 14/05/17; Etihad; Arsenal 3-0 Man City Wilshere 3 & 32 , Dede 78

C.L(F); 20/05/17; Camp Nou; Arsenal 4-2 FCP: Nainggolan , Dede 16 , Rossi (Pen 24) , Dede 34 , Damiao 35 , Mangala 53

fmpic6_zps00d38850.jpg

fmpic2-1_zpsbe4a019b.jpg

fmpic3-5_zps8ed99290.jpg

fmpic4-1_zps57483aae.jpg

fmpic5-1_zps339fa59d.jpg

fml-6_zps531cbeb3.jpg

Hey guys, long time no post for me.

I'm having real trouble with an Arsenal save this year, have had 30+ tries and not had a tactic that works in the slightest, so if any of you could screenshot me your tactics that get the team playing well (with Giroud as a striker), that'd be great.

Hi thought I'd do a quick update so I've decided to sell four rotation/backup 1st team players and replace them with some youngsters I've been developing for the past 5 years!!!! I've sold all four players and promoted thier replacements from the reserves.

Aaron Ramsey(Man City 25m)- Moi Gomez

Kieran Gibbs(Newcastle 11.5m)- Arinse Uade

Francis Coquelin(Southampton 5m+12m/48 months)-Leon Goretzka

Laurent Koscielny(Aston Villa 10m)-Chuck

I'm very pleased that I've managed to get 51.5m up front plus 12m more over 4 years, of course I'd of prefered to have Coquelin's 17m all up front to, but as I'm replacing them all for free(and saving 210k/week in wages) I'm not complainng to much!!!!

forgot all about him , do you use him in that role?

cheers

I don't at the start of the match. I set him to a BWM mf. However many times I will move him back to an anchorman role to be a bit more defensive with a lead if the opponent is playing with an AMC. He is aggressive but I have not noticed him being pulled too far away from his defensive duties.

But I do generally agree with Llama3 that a bit less aggression might be in order if you plan to play someone in that role all the time for 90 minutes.

hi thought I'd do a quick update so I'e decide to sell four rotation/backup 1st team players and replace them with some youngsters I've been developing for the past 5 years!!!! I've sold all four players and promoted thier replacements from the reserves.

I'm very pleased that I've managed to get 51.5m up front plus 12m more over 4 years, of course I'd of prefered to have Coquelin's 17m all up front to, but as I'm replacing them all for free(and saving 210k/week in wages) I'm not complainng to much!!!!

Moi Gomez is brilliant! One of the best for me. Not to sure Goretzka, he never really develops into anything special. He is abit like Cleverly and Barkley, whereby they have a decent spread of attributes but nothing stand out.

hi thought I'd do a quick update so I'e decide to sell four rotation/backup 1st team players and replace them with some youngsters I've been developing for the past 5 years!!!! I've sold all four players and promoted thier replacements from the reserves.

Mr Wenger would be proud!

Hey guys, long time no post for me.

I'm having real trouble with an Arsenal save this year, have had 30+ tries and not had a tactic that works in the slightest, so if any of you could screenshot me your tactics that get the team playing well (with Giroud as a striker), that'd be great.

What are your tactics you use - include team and player instructions, anything you have ticked (i hope the answer is nothing) and what you want to achieve - i.e. possession, midfield dominance etc

Moi Gomez is brilliant! One of the best for me. Not to sure Goretzka, he never really develops into anything special. He is abit like Cleverly and Barkley, whereby they have a decent spread of attributes but nothing stand out.
they all at atts plenty good enough fir a back up/rotation role i'll try and put up some screenshots later today

What are your tactics you use - include team and player instructions, anything you have ticked (i hope the answer is nothing) and what you want to achieve - i.e. possession, midfield dominance etc

My latest attempt:

a943b6e938ba2a39dfcfadc928a6c587.png?1360171842

3f4aaf1d03ded550aebf7edc2e33cae3.png?1360171916

Then in games I have "Pass Into Feet", "Work Ball Into Box" and "Look For Overlap".

Ideally I want Giroud to get onto a lot of crosses, and the wing backs to make decoy runs which allows gaps to open up in the middle.

arsenal3_zpse3019f7a.jpg

2017/18 Season August Update

Transfers: fmpic2-1_zps1cdfb7b0.jpg

fmpic2-1_zps14fb7538.jpg

Jose Antonio Fc Lorient loan

ahamada Mze Mbada - Crawley Loan

fmpic2-1_zps2e29da43.jpg

Friendlies P 5 W 4 D1 L0 GF 16 GA 5

C.S(F); 13/08/17; Wembley; Arsenal 0-1 Man City: Shaqiri 66

Prem; 20/08/17; Stamford Bridge; Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea: Cavani 5 & 59 , Lukaku 60 , Mata 81

Prem; 26/08/17; Emirates; Arsenal 3-1 Man Utd:Kagawa 10 , Dede 31 , Bale 65 , Cavani (Pen) 90+4

My squad is too huge, as i'm a regen maniac but I'm moving a lot of players on. Screwed up on a few loans and some players aren't even HG at my club, so I'll be selling them soon. Ended up getting a bid accepted for my back up LB, whom I bought for 12m, of 48m + 50% next sale from United. AND at the end of the season.

We lost the community shield on PKs, then played Chelsea(again) in the ESC and won. Great start in the league, not because we're about 5-2-0, with a disappointing draw to Aston Villa, but because of some of the shake ups. My other draw is United away and they're always the title contenders with me except this season they've dropped points all over the place and are 8th. Chelsea are second, and I beat them 3-0!

Been blooding in a 3-4-3 flat because I have a surplus of strikers, and Aguero picking up a 3 month injury may put an end to that. Also my DM picking up a2 month injury may make me push for it more tho. Also forgetting to register either of my two back up RBs has hurt me in the CL, but my RB is also a capable CB. 3-0-0 in the group so far.

Can anyone suggest a young central defender , Djourou wants to leave so thinking about replacing him with someone younger as I still have Verm, Kos and Mert.

cheers

Can anyone suggest a young central defender , Djourou wants to leave so thinking about replacing him with someone younger as I still have Verm, Kos and Mert.

cheers

Well first what season you are in and how does you transfer budget look like as I can suggest two that are young and you should be able to bring them to Arsenal .. Raphael Varane, and Phil Jones are two you defenders you can try and get as I am not sure how young you are talking about if you want younger you can look for Doria and Lisandro Lopez.

arsenal3_zpse3019f7a.jpg

2017/18 Season September Update

E.S.C(F); 01/09/17; Huseyin Avni Aker; Arsenal 3-2 Chelsea: Rodwell 42 , Wilshere 67 , Papadopoulos 70 , Hazard 79 , Damiao 87

Prem; 16/09/17; Liberty; Arsenal 3-2 Swansea: Bale 27 & 37 , Dede 41 , Dyer 67

C.L(Grp stage); 19/09/17; CSKA-Peschanoye; Arsenal 1-1 CSKA Moscow: Damiao 67 , Tosic 75

Prem; 23/09/17; Emirates; Arsenal 5-0 Wolves: Bender 7 , Cavani 10 & 23 & 39 , Goretzka 67

C1C(Rd3); 27/09/17; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Reading: Cavani 35 , Dede 45 , Wilshere 88

7tHUkhn.png

2017/2018 Pre-Season

Well it was either get rid of Ramsey and Bale or do absolutely nothing in the transfer market. Which did I choose? Do absolutely nothing. I feel those two are big parts of my team and I have no need to sell them.

Transfers

Nothing big happened at Arsenal for once. No one in to the club and only compensation and loan fees are what made up the 1.6m I made this season. I have decided to start using more of my youth players and breed them into the team. I have a couple young English regens who could be world class in a couple seasons. These are the following youngsters that I will try and breed into the first team this season.

Andy Ashman - This young striker is definitely going to be the future of the club. He already is playing well and needs more game time to become our number 1 striker. He has displaced young Adam Campbell from the squad and I will look to sell Campbell after his loan spell at Swansea.

Freddie Caig - This right back was bought during the first youth intake from Everton and at the time I thought wow this guy can easily be a starter for us in just a couple seasons. He will be behind Clyne for most of the season but cup matches and some easy matches he will get his chance to shine.

Gavin McGinn - This midfielder was the reason I thought about selling Aaron Ramsey. He has such good stats for just 19 years old and he impressed last season when he was on loan at Wolves. The competition in our midfield will certainly be high this season and I have faith in this young ball winner.

Lawrence Brooker - Finally the one who will probably get the least amount of game time due to him being a goalkeeper. I bought him last season from West Ham and he will play all the cup games including the final if we reach it. He has played in a good amount of matches last season already and impressed for us so we will see how he fares this season.

If anyone wants to see any other screenshots I believe I posted two pictures of my squad a couple posts back so if you want to see how any of my players look just let me know I am more than willing to show them!

7tHUkhn.png

2017/2018 Pre-Season

Well it was either get rid of Ramsey and Bale or do absolutely nothing in the transfer market. Which did I choose? Do absolutely nothing. I feel those two are big parts of my team and I have no need to sell them.

Transfers

Nothing big happened at Arsenal for once. No one in to the club and only compensation and loan fees are what made up the 1.6m I made this season. I have decided to start using more of my youth players and breed them into the team. I have a couple young English regens who could be world class in a couple seasons. These are the following youngsters that I will try and breed into the first team this season.

Andy Ashman - This young striker is definitely going to be the future of the club. He already is playing well and needs more game time to become our number 1 striker. He has displaced young Adam Campbell from the squad and I will look to sell Campbell after his loan spell at Swansea.

Freddie Caig - This right back was bought during the first youth intake from Everton and at the time I thought wow this guy can easily be a starter for us in just a couple seasons. He will be behind Clyne for most of the season but cup matches and some easy matches he will get his chance to shine.

Gavin McGinn - This midfielder was the reason I thought about selling Aaron Ramsey. He has such good stats for just 19 years old and he impressed last season when he was on loan at Wolves. The competition in our midfield will certainly be high this season and I have faith in this young ball winner.

Lawrence Brooker - Finally the one who will probably get the least amount of game time due to him being a goalkeeper. I bought him last season from West Ham and he will play all the cup games including the final if we reach it. He has played in a good amount of matches last season already and impressed for us so we will see how he fares this season.

If anyone wants to see any other screenshots I believe I posted two pictures of my squad a couple posts back so if you want to see how any of my players look just let me know I am more than willing to show them!

hey thought i'd do a quick assessment of your players, Ashman decisions & creativity are a bit low for my liking(particualy creativity), caig aggression needs a good amount of work as does his composure , bravercould do with a boost as well , McGin's bravery , decisions and concentrtion need bringing up and natural fitness is very low, brooker needs work on anticipation , kicking and maybe Rushing Out but with some hard work they could be world class-good luck

here are my own(feel free to return the favour)

fmpic3-5_zps89256a77.jpg

fmpic2-1_zps2a960e30.jpg

fmpic5-1_zps2617bfe9.jpg

fmpic4-1_zps499e1e61.jpg

p.s how do you get your picture(of the arsenal badge to stay in the middle mine always go to the side even if i push the img to the centre)

Thanks for the input, I hope that most of their mental stats improve over time because I don't believe I have the right amount of tutors for those stats. I was actually thinking about scrapping the whole English only idea due to it being pretty hard to find the right players for the positions I need (ie a new left back as Gibbs wants to leave).

p.s how do you get your picture(of the arsenal badge to stay in the middle mine always go to the side even if i push the img to the centre)

Use the tag:

then add your text in the middle

then add the same tag with a " / " before the word center - hope that makes sense (because if i actually write it, it will carry out that command)

arsenal-1_zps7db11a7f.jpg

2017/18 Season October Update

C.l(Grp stage); 04/10/17; Emirates ; Arsenal 2-0 Basel: Cavani 16 , Fierro 49 MoM Cavani 8.1

Prem;08/10/17; Brittania; Arsenal 4-2 Stoke: Cavani 14 , Carrol 26 , Fierro 36 , Cavani 42 & 46 , Rochina 48 MoM:Cavani 9.6

Prem; 22/10/17; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Southampton: Cavani 17 , Bennett 45 , Giroud 90 MoM: Bennett 8.4

C.L(Grp Stage); 25/10/17; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Celtic:Papadopulos 27 , Damiao 48 , Giroud 79 MoM: Goretzka 8.7

Prem; 28/10/17; Hawthorns; Arsenal 2-1 West Brom:Larsen 47 , Cavani 59 , Fierro 69 MoM: Fierro 7.9

C1C; 31/10/17; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle: Bennett 2 , Nangis 44 , Leonel S/O 48 MoM: Bennett 8.3

League Postion: First

November Fixtures: Newcastle(H) , Celtic(A) , Fulham (A) , Man City(H) , Bolton (H) , CSKA Moscow (H)

Uade looks pretty good, my main problem is his positioning is a bit low for me. I usually try and get my left backs to have 15+ marking and positioning. Chuck looks great, depending how you use him you could probably get his crossing up a bit more if you use him as a wing back. Goretzka and Gomez look very good can't find much wrong with them!

Also seems like you figured out how to get the image in the center. :)

Uade looks pretty good, my main problem is his positioning is a bit low for me. I usually try and get my left backs to have 15+ marking and positioning. Chuck looks great, depending how you use him you could probably get his crossing up a bit more if you use him as a wing back. Goretzka and Gomez look very good can't find much wrong with them!

Also seems like you figured out how to get the image in the center. :)

thanks personally i'm not too worried about his positioning i dont consider to beso important for a LB/RB

7tHUkhn.png

2017/2018 Pre-Season

Transfers

Man, you pay some pretty heft wages to your youngster. The highest young player I have is on 25k a week just because I had to pry him away from Barcelona a few years back, he had the stats distribution and enough PA to become the next CR7 :D The rest of my homegrown talents don't make more than 10k a week when they around 20.

Yeah it sucks that they want so much, I assume it is because they are English but i'm not sure. That is one of the reasons why I am thinking about abandoning the whole "English only" approach as I am sure I can find cheaper replacements.
. where and how do you play Jack i play him as a CM AP-S this season his ave rating is 7.2 which is below his usual of 7.53. Ii've talked to him and hopfully his performences will improve

I think it may be due to the fact that you give out wages too liberally, I looked at your more established players and Wilshere is on 190k a week, Ox 125k, Ramsey 150k wow!

I think when you offer player contracts they look at the other players on the team who are in the same role (key player, first team, rotation etc) and price themselves using that as one of the indicators.

Wilshere is only making 100k on mine at 28, Ramsey 75k, Neymar 120k so even the best players usually never start off asking for than 100k a week when I renew their contract.

I think it may be due to the fact that you give out wages too liberally, I looked at your more established players and Wilshere is on 190k a week, Ox 125k, Ramsey 150k wow!

I think when you offer player contracts they look at the other players on the team who are in the same role (key player, first team, rotation etc) and price themselves using that as one of the indicators.

Wilshere is only making 100k on mine at 28, Ramsey 75k, Neymar 120k so even the best players usually never start off asking for than 100k a week when I renew their contract.

Top point, I am always really tight on wages I offer.

Archived