FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else having issues with team talks? Used the same as I did last year but in this version they are seriously unhappy with me!

On a side note I brought Nathan Redmond and he has played pretty well, made his debut in the CL and got a 7

Is anyone else having issues with team talks? Used the same as I did last year but in this version they are seriously unhappy with me!

On a side note I brought Nathan Redmond and he has played pretty well, made his debut in the CL and got a 7

reputation? context etc?

Thanks. Reputation is professional footballer. I usually use dont get complacent when winning at half time or beaten a smaller team and used to get a good reception. I originally used to pussy foot about but then they would moan about a lack of discipline!

just finished the 1st season, won the league and fa cup double after my disappointing european campaign

1st - arsenal - 78pts

2nd - chelsea - 76

3rd - liverpool - 74

4th - man utd - 70

5th - man city - 66

6th - southampton - 63 << phenomenal 1st season!

norwich, villa and sunderland all relegated.

danny graham of swansea top goal scorer - 20

dzeko - 20 came 2nd

hazard - 20 came 3rd

lambert - 20 - 4th

walcott - 19 - 5th

just been given a £68mill budget and just seen neymar and falcao up for sale! but undecided if i want them as i have walcott, ba, jovetic and podolski all vying for the 1 striker position

Thanks. Reputation is professional footballer. I usually use dont get complacent when winning at half time or beaten a smaller team and used to get a good reception. I originally used to pussy foot about but then they would moan about a lack of discipline!

My first save i put myself as professional footballer and the team talks resulted in 90percent reactions negative, but for 2nd save i put myself as international footballer and i got the complete opposite with 90percent reactions being positive, so like llama and ajw say its down to that.

Liking the looks of an Arsenal save this year. Just started mine last night and about to finish preseason.

My transfers look like this...

OUT:

Walcott 23M

Arshavin 3.5M

Squillaci 1M

Chamakh LOAN

Andre Santos LOAN

IN:

Douglas Costa 9M

Wellington Nem 3.5M

Jetro Willems 11M

Sebastian Jung 3.1M

May bring in another midfielder yet, undecided. Any suggestions for players would be welcome!

play him as a poacher ad he will score, he got 19 goals for me last year, even though he was injured for a bit of it, in fm 12 he would put them with a 1-1 games to goal ratio, on another not come on arsenal tonight :D and il be there saturday against the lowly qpr lol!

Restarted my save and have managed to get a more rounded squad whilst still allowing for the opportunity to give some of the younger players a chance to get games.

Transfers:

arsenalhistory.th.png

Tactic i am using:

arsenaloverview.th.png

Will be doing updates during the season as to how my game is progressing chaps

Hey guys, I love the look of the game this year, except one thing. The match engine is frikkin' horrible! Oh look, I've conceded another goal from a cross, oh look and another. The inconsistency of it is ridiculous. The interface is amazing this year, but I just can't get past the engine. If it stays like this in the full game, I will put it on the shelf until the new year when the updates come out.

Hey guys, I love the look of the game this year, except one thing. The match engine is frikkin' horrible! Oh look, I've conceded another goal from a cross, oh look and another. The inconsistency of it is ridiculous. The interface is amazing this year, but I just can't get past the engine. If it stays like this in the full game, I will put it on the shelf until the new year when the updates come out.

This is a beta, the point of releasing a beta version early is so that users can find bugs which will be fixed in the full version of the game. Don't judge FM13 by what you are seeing now. ;)

Got 2 questions

How do we get to the tactic analysis screen, cant find it anywhere!

Is there a way to analyse the goals conceded over a course of a season, like the one you can do at the end of each game, but for all games over the course of a season

Not sure if I am doing good bad really, so inconsistent, mainly because of ridiculous crosses being conceded. Just smashed Norwich 5-0 though.

Bought

Neymar 60m

Chris Solly 4.5m

Hummels 12.5m (Asked board as id run out of funds by this time)(comes in January)

Doria 500k (botafogo CB)

Sold

Jenkinson

Arshavin

Walcott

Mannone

Santos

Djourou

Just started a save and the players I'm looking to sell are....

Mannone, Fabianski, Koscielny, Rosicky, Arshavin, Andre Santos, Chamakh and Squiliaci.

I'm looking to bring in Butland, Demba Ba, possibly Shawcross, Baines a winger and a few unknowns. Hopefully this will give the squad a revamp for a title challenge. Wish me luck ...

Got 2 questions

How do we get to the tactic analysis screen, cant find it anywhere!

Is there a way to analyse the goals conceded over a course of a season, like the one you can do at the end of each game, but for all games over the course of a season

Not sure if I am doing good bad really, so inconsistent, mainly because of ridiculous crosses being conceded. Just smashed Norwich 5-0 though.

Bought

Neymar 60m

Chris Solly 4.5m

Hummels 12.5m (Asked board as id run out of funds by this time)(comes in January)

Doria 500k (botafogo CB)

Sold

Jenkinson

Arshavin

Walcott

Mannone

Santos

Djourou

How did you sign Neymar? He's not at all interested in coming to play for me!

Just started a save and the players I'm looking to sell are....

Mannone, Fabianski, Koscielny, Rosicky, Arshavin, Andre Santos, Chamakh and Squiliaci.

I'm looking to bring in Butland, Demba Ba, possibly Shawcross, Baines a winger and a few unknowns. Hopefully this will give the squad a revamp for a title challenge. Wish me luck ...

Shawcross! Get out!

How did you sign Neymar? He's not at all interested in coming to play for me!

Also got him... I paid £40m though. He said he wasn't interested all the time, but when I managed to get my bid accepted he was willing to listen to my offer. Praised him, praised Muricy Ramalho and expressed my interest numerous times. Got him in January. Cost me a lot in both transfer value and wages, but definitely worth it.

Shawcross! Get out!

Completely forgot, as a Newcastle fan. It'd be like me signing Nigel de Jong. Good job I decided against it...

Another point - I can't adjust my budget even though I have £400k in wages spare and £8m in tranfer fees spare. It won't even let me adjust budgets to confirm signings???

Play him as a striker. He's surprisingly prolific.

Personally, I'll be using him as a striking option in a 4-3-1-2 formation, which doesn't bode well for Gervinho...

Where does Oxlade fit into this?

I'm thinking i'll go with;

Szcezny

Sagna/Kosielcny/Vermhalen/Gibbs

Coquelin/Diaby/Cazorla

Oxlade/Walcott/Podolski

I thought Wilshere was injured at the start? Otherwise he'll be in the team ahead of Coquelin. I like a ball winner though, but will try and bring Frimpong through instead of buying.

he is and so is frimpong but im in my second season and frimpong is my dm now and wilshere is my playmaker, cazorla or ramsay will be sold soon

Can someone please post screenshots of some of the main first teamers, like Koscielny, Vermaelen, Arteta, Cazorla, Podolski. Also some youngsters like Frimpong, Miquel and the Ox.

Thanks

they are very similar mate, seriously too similar to bother uploading 8 screenshots.

I thought Wilshere was injured at the start? Otherwise he'll be in the team ahead of Coquelin. I like a ball winner though, but will try and bring Frimpong through instead of buying.

Why do you manage Arsenal? I would really struggle to manage Spurs though I do help my brother a lot when he does.

2012/13 Season Review

A very good first Season we won the treble!!!

we won the Prem by 5 points(91pts) United coming 2nd Chelsea 3rd Spurs 4th, Norwich, Reading and Sunderland all go down, Blackburn, Blackpool and Wolves are all promoted. Man United won the Capital One Cup, Spurs win the Europa League

Highest Average rating

W.Szczesny 7.54

R.Lewandowski 7.47

Dede 7.46

Highest Scorers

R.Lewandowski 30

O.Giroud 23

A. Oxlade Chamberlain 13

Most Apps

W.Szczesny 52

C.Jenkinson 51(1)

R.Lewendowski 49(2)

Most Assists

S.Cazorla 24

R.Lewandowski 18

Gervinho/M.Arteta 14

Just started my save after it crashing after the 2nd game and I had to begin all over again!

Formation 4-5-1 with wingers

Transfers in - Luke Shaw - 8 million, Antoine Griezmann - 21 million and then the pre arranged transfer players

Transfers out - Santos - loan, Chamakh - 5 million, Diaby - 6.5 million, Squillaci - 750k, Coquelin - loan

First 2 games against Reading at home and Swansea away, Ox, Giroud and an own goal helped me win my opening game 3-0 and then we pulled off an excellent comeback to go from 2-0 down to 3-2 winners and Podolski came off the bench to net a hattrick! :) Only downside was Ramsey injured and Ox was sent off before our 3rd was scored

Next 4 games are Liverpool, Chelsea, Fulham and Man Utd, so hopefully our good form will carry us through with at least 8 points

Liam Brady just found me someone that looks a real gem - it might be worth other people having a look.

His name is Siebe Schrijvers, he's a young striker from Genk. He's come to me at 16, although already has finishing of 15, composure of 14 and accel of 16. His determination is only 9 on my game though so I will have to try to get that up to get the best out of him.

Suffered a setback before deadline day with Arteta and Ramsey both being taken, arteta for 3 weeks and ramsey for 2 months, so I had to buy myself 2 midfielders who in the end were...

Moriz Leitner from Dortmund for 13 million

and

Christian Ledesma for 8 million as I needed a holding mid, and got offered Defour for 3 million after these were done :mad: could of saved myself some cash! Also lied to the press and said I was inches away from signing Xavi :D

Season's fallen apart now. 1-1 draw at home to Schalke, followed by a 2-1 home defeat to City. Just lost 1-0 to Everton to complete the set. Dominated all 3 games too.

Has anyone managed to get Cazorla to not be completely useless? Is comfortably my worst player atm.

results so far, having glanced at the table it is very different to what it used to be, alot of the big clubs are making their way up after shaky starts :D

Premier League: Liverpool(A) 3-2 Win, Fulham(A) 3-1 Loss, Man Utd(H) 1-1, Sunderland(A) 3-0 Win, West Brom(H) 0-0, Stoke(A) 1-1

Capital One Cup: Cardiff(H) 2-0 Win, Burnley(A) 2-0 Win

Champions League: Galatasaray(H) 2-1 Loss, Zenit(A) 4-1 Win, Gladbach(H) 2-0 Win

Sat in 6th with 15 points in the league after 8 games, with a game in hand. Everton are top with 20 points, West Brom, Spurs, Stoke and West Ham are all currently above me :D Man Utd in 8th, City in 9th, Chelsea 13th and Liverpool 17th

My player stats;

Most Goals - Podolski 6

Most Assists - Cazorla and Wilshere with 4

MOTM - Vermaelen with 4

Pass completion - Ramsey 91%

tackles per game - Ledesma 4.90

shots on target - Gervinho 86%

average rating - Vermaelen 6.63

Cazorla

Got him playing AMC as an advanced playmaker in a 4-2-3-1.

He doesnt run the show, thats for sure, its my widemen, Ox and Neymar who are doing that, but after 22 games Cazorla has still managed 7 goals and 4 assists.

Played 22, scored 7, 4 assists

0.53 dribbes per game, Neymar averages over 6

1350 total pass attempts. Ramsey over 2,400 in same amount of appearances

16 key passes, second only to Neymar (19)

Last stat is encouraging because he only has 4 assists. Suggests he has more impact in the buildup play than I thought..

Archived