FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna start a proper save with Arsenal today. I'll buy Isco and a holding midfielder.

Has anyone used Mert in a relatively high line? I'd like to keep him but I'm afraid he'll be terrible.

Also, has anyone bough Zaha? If so, is he worth getting?

To anyone who bought back Alex Song from Barcelona, what kind of contract was he after.

I've just had a bid accepted for him but his client is looking for £170k a week, I've managed to bring him down to £155k a week, had an offer accepted but I plan on cancelling the transfer. Cabaye is on £80k a week and is performing sensationally, so I don't intend to pay Song £155k considering he's likely to be on the bench.

Anyone think its worth signing Fabio Grosso on a free? Decent experienced left back as backup to Gibbs.

depends how much he wants a week, in my game i got luke shaw from southampton as backup, i have gone with youth over experiece, my starting line up is 50/50 with youth and experience, and my bench is pretty much youth

depends how much he wants a week, in my game i got luke shaw from southampton as backup, i have gone with youth over experiece, my starting line up is 50/50 with youth and experience, and my bench is pretty much youth

He wants £10k a week, and a years contract, he is 34 so I would probably dispense with his services after the 1st year.

Also I am looking at getting in Craig Gordon as backup keeper on a free.

just an update on my game, just hit xmas on my second season, after winning the league last season on the last day i started this season with high hopes, oh how i was so wrong, after 10 games i was sitting in the bottom half of the table, by the 9th game the highest position i had achieved was 14th, then from game 10 i have been working my way up the table, with players saying we are underachieveing and getting pretty much most of the first team coming to me complaining. at game 20 we are sitting in 2nd place behind liverpool and stoke are behind me in 3rd!!

my line up goes like this

-----------szchesney------------

vrsaljko koscielney vermaelen gibbs

------------frimpong------------------

----------vidal wilshere ---------------

oxlade-----------------------podolski

--------------walcott-----------------

Bench

Martinez - gk

jenkinson

burdisso/bartley

gervinho

Sinclair(on loan from man city)

Diaby/Ramsay

will hughes - got him from derby he does turn out good later in the game

jovetic

i have a wage budged of £326k a week spare and a transfer budget of 19.5mill

as its now january im going to sell arteta and denilson and miyachi, wont get much for denilson as hes in last 6 months so if i get a mill its better than nowt but hoping to raise £12mill for them all, gotze is up for sale at the moment but at 30 mill , but debating weather he really is worth it after spending 38 mill on vidal.

He wants £10k a week, and a years contract, he is 34 so I would probably dispense with his services after the 1st year.

Also I am looking at getting in Craig Gordon as backup keeper on a free.

craig gordon is injury prone, mannone and martinez are good players, on my last save martinez was my 2nd choice, keep them 2 and save ya wages, 10k a week on a free as a backup, thats definately worth it if there isnt better options and then sell santos

I've just noticed that Napoli must be having serious issues on my save, with both Cavani and Hamsik up for transfer by request and currently listed as unhappy. Cavani's listed at £31.5m which is probably a bit much for a player I don't feel I need, but Hamsik is an all together more exciting prospect at £21.5m for a fantastically creative midfielder. The issue becomes fitting him regularly into my side with the likes of Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla and Coquelin all competing for 3 midfield positions. I've got some head scratching to do!

I've just noticed that Napoli must be having serious issues on my save, with both Cavani and Hamsik up for transfer by request and currently listed as unhappy. Cavani's listed at £31.5m which is probably a bit much for a player I don't feel I need, but Hamsik is an all together more exciting prospect at £21.5m for a fantastically creative midfielder. The issue becomes fitting him regularly into my side with the likes of Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla and Coquelin all competing for 3 midfield positions. I've got some head scratching to do!

how do you play your midfield ? wilshere, ramsay, cazorla are playmakers anyway so ditch cazorla as hes the oldest, ditch artea as coquelin can play the defensive role

Wilshere is yet to return from his injury so currently playing Arteta in the DM role, Ramsey in CM and Cazorla the playmaker. I'm not sure I want to overhaul the team so much as to remove Arteta and Cazorla from the side, but Ramsey and Wilshere have such great potential perhaps I should make them 2 definite starters.

well arteta is good for 2seasons and thats it, i dont have a general cm in my midfield i play a box to box and i have vidal/diaby for this, and playmaker is wilshere, ramsay is good for backup to wilshere as a playmaker but i would say if your going to sign hamsik, ditch cazorla (i sold him as wages and money i got for him outweighed me keeping him) as you wont need him and you have 2 replacements in the dm for arteta already after a season.

I read through this thread to see what the maximum most people seemed to be getting, which is why i offered pod for 18mil as someone had success with that before with City coming in for him, but i guess cause i put gervinho up they prefer him, Djourou is a pain in the arse to sell, my director of football luckily got some deal for a full 8mil up front, the best i could manage was 7.5mil over 48months or a loan.

Remember guys to keep an eye on whos interested in your players you dont want, as you can do a part exchange if they have any players you want :)

@Matty, yeah ill most likely be in the red haha, will let you all know

you shouldve done djourou to newcastle in the px and got 10 mill for mertersacker

that was a dilemma i had, they was interested in Squillaci, Per and Diaby, but not djourou, so i offered diaby+cash first but then they suddenly lost interest in Diaby and he had a loan offer so i let him go for the loan and offered Per.

To anyone who bought back Alex Song from Barcelona, what kind of contract was he after.

I've just had a bid accepted for him but his client is looking for £170k a week, I've managed to bring him down to £155k a week, had an offer accepted but I plan on cancelling the transfer. Cabaye is on £80k a week and is performing sensationally, so I don't intend to pay Song £155k considering he's likely to be on the bench.

First teamer for me, and I have him on 97k a week

Just offer out the players for cash over 6 months and you're likely to get a good offer:

Djourou - Anything between 7-8 mil + 50% sell on fee

Arshavin - 6 mil

Santos - Anything between 4.4-5 mil

Gervinho - If Man City get interested, then 20-22.5 mil + 50% sell on. If they don't get interested, 15 mil + 50% sell on

Chamakh - Anything between 7-9 mil

I do a lot of player exchanges though. It's a good way to get some good players in a straight swap. I've done Gervinho for Lamela, Cabaye for Mertesacker, Jovetic for 8 mil + Chamakh, Vidal for 15 mil + Gervinho a few times before. This is all in the first transfer window. I usually start by game in Russia or Germany so I get a little more time to set up my team.

You can sell on Arteta for 17 mil over 6 months as well most of the times. I usually do this deal considering his age and the fact that there are just as good, if not better, players around who can be got for the same or lesser value. Cabaye is a prime example.

wait and Cavani transfer fee will drop , he is transfer listed at 20m on my save in November (first season) might drop more by January

well with all those players you got to get them all working together now, what formation you going to play? and starting lineup?

The traditional 451, also got a 4-1-2-1-2 Diamond as a second strategy and a more defensive 451.

Chesney, Jenkinson, Verminator, Kosh, Baines, Nainggollan, Cabaye, Cazorla, Yarmelenko, Walcott, Giroud. Is my starting line up, Sagna probably come in when hes fit depending on how well Jenki's doing (Im not going to do what wenger has done irl, drop the lad when hes played so well just cause of who Sagna is.)

at last 3rd time lucky..done the double in my 3rd season

PL won by 4 points from city

Cl won beating city in the final 3-2 - lead 2-0 after 15 mins they came back to 2-2 and got the winner on 119th minute..Kos header from a corner( they were down to 10though as Kompany got injured and had used up all three subs)

COC- 4th round

FA ccup- 3rd round

major rebuilding of the attack

Out-

Santi Cazorlla - 17 mill

Giroud-15 mill

Gervinho-12 mill

Frimpong 4 mill

In

Jovetic -14 mill

James Ward-prowse 3mill

squad looks like this

GK- Cesney- Ibrahimo Sy- Martinez

RB- Montoya, Jenkinson,

LB- Gibbs,schmelzer

Dm- Mvilla coqualan

DLP- Ramsey James ward-prowsr, Robbie cotton

AM- Jack, Theo, Ox, Gnabry, Dzegov

CF- Damio, Jovetic, Bakeili

playing 4-2-3-1 , might bring in one more attacking mid, depending on how James ward-prose does playing in AM role

20 mill is hte best ive seen for carvani, he was on tranfer by request but but january he was happy as napoli started playing well and he was off the list, if u want him and hes on for 20 take it now while u can

I may just wait and see , not really a purchase I really need.

I have been playing really bad in the Champions League but somehow I am still 2nd in the group with only 2 wins , Ajax, Schalke and Montpelier are in my group but I have shipped

loads of goals against Ajax and Schalke.

Not sure what to do?

does anyone play with a 4-4-2 flat formation anymore? i used to up until this fm.

Its something i have considered, but seeing as so many of the high level teams play a variation of 451, you can lose control of the midfield area due to being outnumbered.

Gonna start a proper save with Arsenal today. I'll buy Isco and a holding midfielder.

Has anyone used Mert in a relatively high line? I'd like to keep him but I'm afraid he'll be terrible.

Also, has anyone bough Zaha? If so, is he worth getting?

Yes I have used him in a high line, and had no problems directly linked to Mertesacker playing there. He reads the game better than anyone else in my team.

just an update on my game, just hit xmas on my second season, after winning the league last season on the last day i started this season with high hopes, oh how i was so wrong, after 10 games i was sitting in the bottom half of the table, by the 9th game the highest position i had achieved was 14th, then from game 10 i have been working my way up the table, with players saying we are underachieveing and getting pretty much most of the first team coming to me complaining. at game 20 we are sitting in 2nd place behind liverpool and stoke are behind me in 3rd!!

Glad to hear of your improvement. On a previous FM I once went from 17th in November to winning the league on the final day. Was probably the best thing I have ever achieved on FM. Made some changes and suddenly just clicked. Didn't lose a league game for the reason of the season.

Its something i have considered, but seeing as so many of the high level teams play a variation of 451, you can lose control of the midfield area due to being outnumbered.

when i did 4-4-2 it used to have wide wingers out automatic, a ball winner and advance playmaker, and up front with poacher and deep lying forward but with arsenal and the players they have atm its hard to get it to work

well arteta is good for 2seasons and thats it, i dont have a general cm in my midfield i play a box to box and i have vidal/diaby for this, and playmaker is wilshere, ramsay is good for backup to wilshere as a playmaker but i would say if your going to sign hamsik, ditch cazorla (i sold him as wages and money i got for him outweighed me keeping him) as you wont need him and you have 2 replacements in the dm for arteta already after a season.

just keep rotating your side, have a good side squad and depth, it will make so much difference at the business end of the season. Don't ditch someone as talented as Cazorla or someone as professional and consistent as Arteta.

Glad to hear of your improvement. On a previous FM I once went from 17th in November to winning the league on the final day. Was probably the best thing I have ever achieved on FM. Made some changes and suddenly just clicked. Didn't lose a league game for the reason of the season.

it didnt help when the 1st day of the transfer window opened again in the summer i had 8 players all arrive on the first day and then vidal came late in the window who is disappointing me now as i had him in my last save in the same formation and postition and he was scoring goals for fun but now hes average :(

whats your formation/strategy and lineup? @gunnermitch

Hi

4-2-3-1 with a control/balanced philosophy

my team is unchanged , my 2 central midfielders are ramsey(dlp/s) and Arteta(cm/d) and Corzorla as ap/a in the amc position, the attacking side is working great and so is the

defence at times its just away games in Europe have been very disappointing.

Not sure about Arteta on cm/d role he's ratings have been low in matches.

**Yeah Oxlade is immense on AMR he is ripping it up down the right he has made 15app (2 as sub) 7 goals and 6 assists and 2 potm performances!!!

maybe change formation for away games then? i use a 4-1-2-2-1 formation which sets out like this

gk

rb cb cb lb

dm - defend

box to box and advance playmaker - both support

amr winger att on both sides

poacher - walcott is fantastic in this position 27 goals in 28 appearances this season and its mid january

Personally i am of the belief that playing ramsey/arteta/cazorla/coq(any combo) as the midfield 3 is a bad idea, when we have the ball they are great dont get me wrong but when we dont have the ball they dont exactly have that stamina and strength to chase the ball down, wrestle for the ball and win the tackle, so with that said, having Ramsey and Arteta sit in front of your back 4 is good for going forward but i think you need some ball winners in that area, you say your not struggling for goals, so i think you can rely on your AM/WINGERS/STRIKER to be the creative force going forward.

Personally i am of the belief that playing ramsey/arteta/cazorla/coq(any combo) as the midfield 3 is a bad idea, when we have the ball they are great dont get me wrong but when we dont have the ball they dont exactly have that stamina and strength to chase the ball down, wrestle for the ball and win the tackle, so with that said, having Ramsey and Arteta sit in front of your back 4 is good for going forward but i think you need some ball winners in that area, you say your not struggling for goals, so i think you can rely on your AM/WINGERS/STRIKER to be the creative force going forward.

I agree , need to invest in someone a quality defensive minded player in January

ramsay, arteta, cazorla are the same type and add wilshere to that mix to, , it frustrates me when wenger plays with all 3, and we get battered every week, thats why diaby has such an impact, he wins the ball and passes it on, no stupid runs or anything, plain simple football, how arsenal are going to get it all to work now with almost everyone is back i dont know, personally i see ramsay getting sold soon, he just isnt arsenal quality

maybe change formation for away games then? i use a 4-1-2-2-1 formation which sets out like this

gk

rb cb cb lb

dm - defend

box to box and advance playmaker - both support

amr winger att on both sides

poacher - walcott is fantastic in this position 27 goals in 28 appearances this season and its mid january

what team Philosophy do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Its a shame, i think the master plan was to have Ramsey/Wilshere/Song as that midfielder 3, would of been a hell of a midfield if we achieved it with Rambo and Wilshere not suffering that huge set back injuries and of course the sale of song, but oh well :(

Nainggolan has been solid for me so far btw, rarely gives the ball away when going forward, immense in defence, young, and like others have said(and the reason i really bought him tbh) is an excellent tutor.

Heading into the last game of the season, 2 points clear of Man City, superior goal difference, and I must play 7th placed Blackburn. City play 8th place Stoke, eeeeek! So tense!

And Song has fallen out with me after I fined him a weeks wage for his 2nd sending off of the season...

Archived