FM13: Everton F.C. - Featuring overused toffee puns

swisso

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mirallas started off like that for me but has improved. Ended the first season with 8 goals and 8 assists in 36 games at an average of 7.09, 2/3 of the way through 2nd season and he's on for a similar number of goals + assists, and his average rating is just over 7 again.

Saw how great Swisso's OP was last night so I decided to start with Everton. Starting with my outgoings, Jan Much went to City for £1.5M, Heitinga left for Chelsea for a handsome £7M straight cash, West Brom took Naismith on a season long loan paying me £70K a month, while Connor, Lundstram, Taudul and Bidwell all left on loan.

In came Jores Okore for £1.1M, Nicklas Helenius for £1.5M and our coupe of the window Victor Wanyama (great back up/rotation or maybe even a replacement for Fellaini) of Celtic for £7.5M who Bill Kenwright happily purchased for me when I asked.

Just played our first league game beating Swansea 4-1 to go top of the BPL, the goals came from Mirallas(2), Jagielka (pen), and a debut goal from Okore. But unfortunately after a tackle from clumsy idiot Danny Graham, Jags is out for 5-6 weeks.

EDIT: Bloody hell, Distin is out for 3 days with a cold and will miss Fulham away meaning a CB pairing of Okore and Duffy.

Just getting ready to get my season on :)

Transfers In:

Jonas Svensson - 1.2 million

Andreas Cornelius - 2 million

Stefan Strandberg - 650K

Craig Gordon - free

Owen Hargreaves - free

Alan Dzagoev - free (Jan 2013)

Transfers Out:

Jan Mucha 1.5 million to Man City

John Heitinga 8 million to Chelsea

Hated to ditch Heitinga, but the club needs the money and I was able to add some much needed depth to the squad and at cheaper wages overall.

First few games and not too bad of a start as the manager:

4-2 vs Southampton (H)

3-0 vs West Ham (A)

3-0 vs Sunderland (H)

2-2 vs Chelsea (A)

Jelavic has 4 goals while Baines leads with 4 assists. Satisfied with the start so far and hoping the team's good form continues. Have Arsenal at home next

I played Osman/Barkley AMC until January when I got Dazgoev who obviously became first choice! I got rid of Naismith, didn't rate him. Start of the 3rd season I actually got a transfer budget(I think one of the loans is all paid up then?), £14m so I'm hoping the signings I've made this summer will help me kick on to top 4!

I keep losing money because of all the loans and will likely be in a deficit soon in the first season. Anyone have any ideas? I sold Heitinga and had 11 million at one point, but each month, I'm losing tons. My wage budget is 680K which I thought was good....

I keep losing money because of all the loans and will likely be in a deficit soon in the first season. Anyone have any ideas? I sold Heitinga and had 11 million at one point, but each month, I'm losing tons. My wage budget is 680K which I thought was good....

It's a problem Everton have in real life mate - losing 5million a season currently (although last years might be more as we had a dip in attendances).

New owners who pay off the debt really the only option, as a new stadium is out of the question currently (corporate facilities are non existent at Woodison - SWISSO, If this was raised to 20 for example, would that make any difference to income?)

It's a problem Everton have in real life mate - losing 5million a season currently (although last years might be more as we had a dip in attendances).

New owners who pay off the debt really the only option, as a new stadium is out of the question currently (corporate facilities are non existent at Woodison - SWISSO, If this was raised to 20 for example, would that make any difference to income?)

I would imagine it should make a difference in-game, perhaps in the 'Match day Income' column, but i can't say for certain sorry :)

Tough it out for 2 years, then one of the debts is paid off freeing up £8m a season, finances stabilise then. Kenwright is on the way out on my game too

Just got relegated and sacked at Everton. Just had no luck after Moyes left Everton at the bottom of the table. Just couldn't get them winning. Drew most of the games.

If this was real life, you'd have to go into hiding mate haha. I've seen some of the comments on the Toffeeweb, they get right upset at the slightest thing - the amount of grief Moyes gets is unreal

Starting my 2nd season incharge now, first time i've played without a downloaded tactic and i won the Capital One cup and finished 4th with the only signings being Anderson (On loan) and Craig Gordon (on free) while i sold Mucha for 750k

2nd season and i have a mamoth 2mil and 730k to improve my squad with (i assume it's not taking into account the champ league money since i need to get past Shakhtar first)

in the mean time i've had to settle for bits and bobs, Neville stayed for 15k Distan wouldn't go down so left and got replaced for 3.2 mil by Marco Capuano who looks a good signing tbf.

Also got Weiss on a free aswell as 2 youngsters Julien Fabri from Marseille who could be a decent backup keeper and Diego Rocha from Estoril who has the potential to keep Vellios pushed for the backup striker roll.

Anderson who loved his time at Goodison refused a 2nd loan so he was replaced by Kevin De Bruyne from Chelsea to become the 3rd Belgian in the squad :D

Starting my 2nd season incharge now, first time i've played without a downloaded tactic and i won the Capital One cup and finished 4th with the only signings being Anderson (On loan) and Craig Gordon (on free) while i sold Mucha for 750k

2nd season and i have a mamoth 2mil and 730k to improve my squad with (i assume it's not taking into account the champ league money since i need to get past Shakhtar first)

in the mean time i've had to settle for bits and bobs, Neville stayed for 15k Distan wouldn't go down so left and got replaced for 3.2 mil by Marco Capuano who looks a good signing tbf.

Also got Weiss on a free aswell as 2 youngsters Julien Fabri from Marseille who could be a decent backup keeper and Diego Rocha from Estoril who has the potential to keep Vellios pushed for the backup striker roll.

Anderson who loved his time at Goodison refused a 2nd loan so he was replaced by Kevin De Bruyne from Chelsea to become the 3rd Belgian in the squad :D

nice one mate. So what tactics you playing with? Can't quite decide on my save :(

nice one mate. So what tactics you playing with? Can't quite decide on my save :(

pretty much Swisso's from the op but with coleman as support WB and Gibson as Support rather than defence

just sold Gordon for 600k and signed Barry on loan with a view to sign for 300k

funny enough i tried to loan Rodwell back but city didn't want to loan him to a divisional rival

the next day he was loaned to Newcastle :D

Gibson is annoying the hell out of me with his longshots so he got flogged to Leeds for £3m upfront in July 2013.

Swedish winger Branimr Hrgota from Gladbach comes in for £6.5m, Landon Donovan for £2m and highly rated German midfielder Leon Goretzka from Bundesliga II side Bochum :)

Tied down Distin and Neville for another year on £10k a week each and we've got Champions League football after finishing 2nd behind Man City :D

Got Sacked after season 2 last night! It was obviously going to happen but I was allowed to finish off the season before they gave me the old heave-ho! Last 8 games all draws! Didnt matter who we played. Away to City? draw. Home to already relegated Brighton? Draw!

Start of the season I messed up, going crazy on the freebies, theres some good quality back ups available for nothing so I signed a bunch and let a few others go. Got to squad registration and I had only 4 Home grown players left! so a squad of 21, with too many back up players! I even got Beneyoun and couldnt register him so ended paying him a years salary and he only got 2 LC games for his trouble! Also signed Senderos just to help with the home grown players and forgot to click the confirm button to register him! Then got injuries to Howard and Mucha so had to bring back Richard Wright on a free so I had a keeper with any kind of experience!

I have no idea what I was doing, but I had a shocker and no mistake.

Anyway, immediately restarted........

Just incase anyone's missed him, I'd have a look at Mr. Wellington Nem, young brazilian wonderkid, already a great player, plays all across the front end of midfield, has 4 1/2 stars potential at everton and you can pick him up at the start of the game for 3.5 mill, despite his 7.5 million price-tag, have to pop in your bid at the very start of the campaign, otherwise corinthians snap him up. Going great for me on the beta playing him through the centre although I'll probably play him off the wings once Dzagoev comes in.

Just finished 1st season - ended up 3rd after a shocking middle part of the season (i won all last 9 games though).

Goals were spread around a bit, now i've found a working tactic should see an increase in goals next season.

Players bought 1st season :

Jason Lowe (Blackburn - hardman defender/def mid),

Jonas Svensson (attack mid - been awesome for me, and only 19yrs old - great stats, and has improved lots over the season)

Admelison (18yr old Brazillian striker - 5 star potential)

Stefan Strandberg (young defender/def mid, great defensive stats, with a bonus he has good technical/passing)

James Okore (another young centre back)

Owen Hargreaves/Jari Litemanan (both frees, excellant tutors)

Also got a "best of his generation" regen come through the Everton system in March, a 15yr old striker - Ronnic Corkie.

Literally finished the season, so don't know about transfer funds for next season, but i dont think it will be a lot as i've been losing 2-3m a month.

Great post Swisso.

Just sownloading now through steam then gonna unleash EFC on the prem! :)

COYB!!!

Swisso has done a brilliant job with the stats (im my opinion anyway!).....think we are probably one of the more accurately rated prem teams on FM.

If you want a laugh, go have a look at the newcastle team......their researcher has gone totally overboard on some of the players (Steven taylor for example......one of the worlds top defenders going by his stats....!!!). Yes they had a great season, but the amount of 20's being chucked in is mad ;o)

Im a Man Utd fan, but each and every FM my first save is always Everton, great club and its finances make for an interesting and unpredictable game.

I've been bold this year and some may say ripped away the two best players to begin again.

Season 1 Transfers.

wHa7x.png

Tactics

ZMBRK.png

Season started brightly, with wins against teams like Arsenal,Liverpool,Chelsea a hard game against Man City which we lost 1-0 thanks to a late Tevez strike.

Comfortably in 6th place vying for 5th....then Christmas began.....

Injuries to Coleman,Howard,Pienaar exposed the age old problem for Everton, decent squad depth.

Jan Mucha played 7 games during Howards absence conceded 15.

By the time the above players returned we are on an 8 game streak without a win mostly losses, and morale has sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

Languishing in 11th place at the moment 10 pts off 6th.

I've just finished first season......finished 3rd after winning my last 13 games :)

New season has started, won my first 2 games (i've just broken the premier league record for consecutive wins).

The draw for the champions league.......R Madrid, Sporting and Fiorentina.....!!!!!!

Ar$e

Just downloading now...

Whats the score blues, who do we sell, who should we go after?

You know the club loans, is there an option to settle them yet? Always bugged me that...

I've only seen the Board settle loans once in all my time of playing FM, it can happen but it's quite rare. You won't really have enough cash with Everton to settle the loans, although 1 of them is up in 2014 and the other in 2015 so it's not too bad.

The loan's are pretty dire, certainly the one that lasts until 2014 700k per month to pay that one back.

My transfer business turned a profit of 3 million, and im under my wage budget, but looking at the projected finances for the season we're going to make a substantial loss.

Not quite at the end of the season ( im in march so only 2 months off) the loan repayments are 10 Million for the season the projected loss for the season 9.74 Million

Definitely looking forward the one expiring in 2014...in time for the third season.

Hi guys.

Started a game as Everton a few days back as they have a great squad and I have a strange footballing mancrush on Jelavic!

Sold Mucha for £1.5m to raise some much needed cash, replaced him with Mikkel Andersen for £300k, as I didn't like the idea of having Springthorpe as back-up in case Howard got injured. Brought in David Fox from Norwich on a 6 month loan to add some depth to the midfield, and moved for Dzagoev on a free in Jan.

Started very well, and have been sitting around 4th place for most of the season. Stand out results include: 3-0 v Arsenal at the Emirates and wins against Utd and Chelsea at home.

January came and I shipped Naismith out to West Brom on loan, hoping that he will sign there permanently. Also decided to sell Pienaar to them for £2.5m on deadline day as he just would not perform, and consistently threw hissy fits at my team talks.

Brought in Ryan Gauld from Dundee Utd for £525k to develop him up, Juan Sanchez Mino on loan for 6 months to cover injury and 18 year old Ole Kristian Selnaes from Rosenborg for £1m, who looks very exciting.

Currently in a bit of injury strife, Baines has been out for 2 and a half months with a torn calf muscle, and is still out for 4-7 weeks. Gueye was sidelined for 3 months and I've just lost Dzagoev and Gibson for 3 months and 5 months respectively.

However, I'm sitting 5th in the league after 26 games, with 2 games in hand that if won, could potentially move me up to 3rd. Also, I have just won the Capital One Cup! Had a fairly easy run ending with West Ham the final, which never happens to me!

Some standout players:

Jelavic is a monster, 18 in 29. Goes through some rough patches but when he's flying, he's flying!

Barkley is insane. Putting in some worldly performances for me and he's nowhere near his peak.

Gibson is a true asset once you've trained his long shooting out of him.

Mirallas is frustrating as hell. Does so much with the ball, but his end product, be it crossing or finishing is at times woeful.

And some pictures:

Selnaes:

WkAFk.png]

Gauld:

gMIoo.png]

Barkley:

DvzsU.png]

League Table:

kXA11.png

Great stuff that... Much lie real life I have won a trophy with Everton for years without the help of an editor... Maybe 2002 version (maybe)... You got that league cup monkey off our back there Tug as well!

Are you the same Tug of tactics fame? If so, sir I thank you for being the basis of many a seasons fun for me

Finally had a chance to get a season started.

Sold Mucha and brought in Craig Gordon as backup to Howard. Also shipped out Phil Neville, Anichebe and Hibbert and used the cash plus what little I'd been given to bring in Wellington Nem and bring Landon back home! (along with the seemingly obligatory Dzagoev on a free in January)

City bid £25m for Fellaini, and when I turned it down, he asked for a new contract at... wait for it... £135k p/w!! Obviously I can't offer anywhere close to that, so I'm left in a bit of a dilemma. Waiting to see if City come back with another bid before the deadline.

Just played first game of the season, a comfortable 2-0 win vs Swansea, with Donovan and Pienaar scoring the goals.

TopToffee, how much did you land donovan for?

Think it was £5.75m over 2 years. Probably a bit on the pricey side, but couldn't resist. He's been really good for me in fairness (Played 4, scored 2 and 2 assists).

Season's started pretty brilliantly actually:

207uc94.png

Haven't exactly had the toughest fixture list, but still, mustn't grumble.

Sadly my Solid State Drive died early hours this morning :(, so i've had to raid my friends shop for another (samsung this time no more sandforce!) but that mean's i'll be restarting my save game.

I was fairly happy with the way it had gone, albeit would have liked to finished higher up (if not for those pesky injuries early season).

Im going to try to recreate what i had done (game permitting), transfer wise to keep it similar.

Edit ok, could not sign Benat he wanted 90k pw this time around...no chance, also couldn't sign Bocchetti again, Rubin wanted 27M!.

Business is concluded, disappointed i couldn't get the above two back however, have saved 15M in Transfer Fees this time, maybe..just maybe we'll avoid the red balance sheet.

Schnitzler, is a tasty looking young GK from Leverkusens Youth team, now Howards understudy, has the potential to be better than Howard.

T7d1F.png

Done first season finished 4th which I am made up with

Outs: Mucha, Osman, Duffy

In: Goretzka

In summer of 2013 signed Tello and Muniesa on Free's and Lukaku (Season Loan)

Not tempted in selling any of the big boys yet(Baines, Felli) although having Zero money is tough!!!

Am hoping for a can injection if i can qualify for Champs League group stages

Archived