FM13: Everton F.C. - Featuring overused toffee puns

swisso

Loving the thread here swisso, top notch, currently in october in 2013, fairly average first season with not much going on, a solid 7th place finish and not doing well in cups albeit some decent results. In the first season made 2 loan signings in Jose Callejon and Anderson and also Craig Gordan on a free after Mucha went to United. 2nd season started ok but a deadline day bid of 30mil by Dortmund for Felli just had to be accepted, after bringing in Essien and Verrati on loan I was confident that Barkley could step up, bearing in mind I failed to get a replacement on deadline day, although i have agreed to sign Wijnaldum for 15mil who is coming in January, also signed Clyne after Nev's decline in development! Hoping that Black Bill might do one soon and hopefully get a new stadium in!

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 3

Carling Cup Winners

Euro Cup Winners

Premier League: 2nd (Again ffs!)

A solid defence after i switched to the formation pictured further up meant we went on a run in the Euro Cup with my rotation guys as i rested Baines, Fellaini, Hernandez and others. United stormed ahead in the League but faltered but i couldn't keep up.

Stadium expanded again to 50,000 this time by the Board, a LOT of newgens coming in from Arsenal, City, Utd and West Ham which should mean i've the best U18 squad around :D

Far too much movement between Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd and City; Ramsey, Chamberlain, Wilshere have all moved and i didn't have the funds to show interest.

Movers and Shakers:

Hernandez finished with an astonishing 33 in 35 this season and Green is looking decent now (he's 19) so bye bye Jelavic, hopefully someone bites for around £7m. Gary Bocaly comes in on a free transfer and Landon Donovan leaves on a free transfer.

Desperately need a left midfielder and probably a right mid too, should have over £20m to spend :D

Swisso, have you always played Praet as an AMC? I picked him up on Fellaini's recommendation and am wondering about pairing him in the middle as either a deep-lying MC because of his low stamina or as an advanced playmaker MC because of the attributes that have made him a good AMC for you. Do you ever play him as an MC? If so, how and how's he done? Cheers.

finished my first season in 9th, very disappointing as I had been challenging for champs league in Jan.

let heitinger go because he wasn't getting game time, although should have kept him and made Dustin sub. I brought in Ron vlaar anyway so not too worried.

got a bunch of decent kids in for the future and this season will be playing Barclay and Kennedy in the first xi. does anyone have any opinion on how good Kennedy can get? he's currently 4 star potential, but I have noticed the potential rating cab change wildly!

last point of note is I brought Dave Watson home as my assistant at a cost of over a million in compo! worth it!

finished my first season in 9th, very disappointing as I had been challenging for champs league in Jan.

let heitinger go because he wasn't getting game time, although should have kept him and made Dustin sub. I brought in Ron vlaar anyway so not too worried.

got a bunch of decent kids in for the future and this season will be playing Barclay and Kennedy in the first xi. does anyone have any opinion on how good Kennedy can get? he's currently 4 star potential, but I have noticed the potential rating cab change wildly!

last point of note is I brought Dave Watson home as my assistant at a cost of over a million in compo! worth it!

I'm in Jan 2018 and he's become really good. Inside forward (AML), support. Averaging 7.35 this season, his acceleration, pace, agility, flair, technique, first touch and anticipation are all 16+ and his finishing and off the ball and passing are 15. I recommend him!

Swisso, have you always played Praet as an AMC? I picked him up on Fellaini's recommendation and am wondering about pairing him in the middle as either a deep-lying MC because of his low stamina or as an advanced playmaker MC because of the attributes that have made him a good AMC for you. Do you ever play him as an MC? If so, how and how's he done? Cheers.

Because of the iffy defending in this, i've opted to play 2 deep sitting midfielders, generally hard grafters with incredible stamina, work-rate and tackling like Defour and Fellaini who don't fall asleep and are always switched on. I wouldn't be totally comfortable having Praet as a last line of defence if the **** hit the fan, because of his small height, strength and his tackling and bravery.

I've only played him in the AMC slot and he's done well there last season, he was first choice and made over 15 assists. I've lowered his 'Closing Down' all the way down so he doesn't knacker too quick (and i want him to find his own space) i've allowed him to 'Roam From Position' and given him max Creativity. Generally the best playmakers need Passing, Creativity and Flair and obviously good mental attributes and i think this is why i'm having trouble getting Barkley going since his Flair isn't that high (i'll increase this for the January update).

Swisso, what about Draxler for your LM? could take a hefty chunk out of your budget tho?

Signed Draxler for £21m when i played a 4-2-3-1 and he was so disappointing, i think his Concentration or Composure (can't remember which) is incredibly poor and he just didn't fit in, so i sold him to Leverkusen for £15m and took the hit :(

Just had a great end to the season, finished 3rd leapfrogging liverpool after a final game win at Stamford bridge, beat Chelsea 3-1, brought in Victor Wanyama and Raheem Sterling!!! I know caused abit of contraversy!

i think this is why i'm having trouble getting Barkley going since his Flair isn't that high (i'll increase this for the January update).(

you been watching his loan games Swisso?

Scored some cracking goals already. Been reading the sheffield wednesday forums, and at first they weren't that impressed (was trying tricks and dangerous passes), but they really seem to have warmed to him. Most of the comments were "he's gonna be special" and "Everton don't know how good a player they have on their hands".

Fingers crossed he knuckles down and makes a go of it

Really struggling to get into the game this year. All my players get nervous all the time and play like sh*t. Mirallas and pienaar never take men on, they always pass backwards and moves break down, or Felli/Gibson/Rodes/Dzagoev just blast from distance. The players just seem to be very temperamental. I stated I would concentrate on more than Long against WBA and he turn's into effin' messi. I mean he picks up the ball and runs past midfield, two CB's and slots into the corner or hits the crossbar. 3-0 up they went in 20 min! Arrgh!! Least George Green looks pretty good :)

I'm in March, 2nd Season.

I made it through the group of Valencia, Dortmund and PSG to go and get Barca in the 2nd round. After 2 legs, I've just come out victorious!! 4-3 / 3-3! Both down to 10 men in 2nd leg in which i survied a barrage :)

I'm 3rd in the league, but too many points between the two Manc clubs for me to catch them!

I use practically my whole first team as tutors!

I nick name each prospect with their surname plus a T, L, or WP depending on what they need.

then I sort the first team squad into order of highest determination and work my way down from the top getting them to tutor anyone with a T.

its the throw enough mud at the wall approach but it works for me, I have some great kids and I've only just finished season 2. (update tomorrow!)

can anyone from the future give me an idea of how Matthew Kennedy turns out?

I'm considering starting him in season 3 as I can't find a left wide mid that I am happy with. he's got 4.5 star potential according to my assman, but I think.he may be overestimating him!

He's no Gueye i'm afraid

Won the treble in my first season, really happy.

Haven't touched my first team, though Gueye and Duffy come back from loan and onto the bench. Out goes Distin for 400k because of some serious disimprovements that meant I couldn't really trust him at CB. I comes some really fantastic youth players signed on compensation deals from around Europe. Have the makings of a world class first team already. Some go out on loan, along with some of my own youth and some into the first team for rotation.

I've found just throwing youth in at the deep end works a treat. Barkley and Vico are now both 3-stars in their positions and are continuing to rapidly improve. Can see both of them being in their international sides by the end of next season.

Can't imagine we'll emulate our successes again this season but hopefully we'll challenge in everything we take part in.

At the end of season 2 and we missed out on Europe by goal difference to Man U! Gutted. Especially as I thought 6th place wasnt going to get Europe this year so with 10 minutes to go of my last match I pushed forward for a win, conceded on a counter and lost 1-0 when a 0-0 draw would have been enough!

Duffy has been great for me this year, he started on the bench, but Vlaar got injured so he played a lot and had some great games. This season my centre backs will be Duffman and Jags.

Towards the end of the season I needed to use Lorenzo Tassi, a youth player I nicked from Inter, and he is looking very good, this season he will be rotated in my first XI with Gibbo, and probably be ahead of Gibbo by season 4.

Also had a regen who only 16 make a few appearances due to injuries. Djouya is a DC naturally, but also accomplished as a DR so gave him a few games as a fullback on defend (usually my full backs are attacking, but he cant dribble or cross for ****!) he did amazingly for a 16 year old and didnt look out of place, the first team games would have done him a world of good and can see him replacing Jags in a few more years. Although Boyatta might have other ideas!

I'm also finding it really easy to sign good quality youth players, I'm concerned my scouts are rating everyone too highly!

Next season we must qualify for Europe

Hiya, started a save with Everton! Looking forward to the challenge of taking them to the next stage, champions league :)

Going to play 4-2-3-1 formation, just wondering what playing style (ie rigid/fluid) and strategy do you tend to play with??

thanks

I tend to play with a 4-4-2 now, it seems more solid defensively as i was getting exposed down the flanks with a 4-2-3-1.

Mostly Balanced and Standard with timewasting set all the way down, Press More, Aggressive tackling and Direct Passing.

Generally try and play quick football, sometimes long balls :D

I just picked up Lampard on a free aged 36 at the start of the 3rd season. Going to rotate him as a starter with Gibbo, which has allowed me to send Lorenzo Tassi out on loan to my feeder in the championship.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can keep him playing longer as I want to get a couple of year use out of him!

Training? Playing time? Playing role? Currently hes a CM on attack mentality.

First game he set up the Jellyfish for the only goal in a 1-0 win over United at Old Trafford :)

Not had a good start, 4 games in, 2 defeats, 1 win and a draw after conceding a last kick equaliser!

still debating over 451 or 4411!! dont really want to play 442 as i have managed to get wellington nem so wanting to play him as AMC or AML!

the main problem is no matter what i say in team talks, the players have no reaction or seem to loose focus, any advice on how to win them round?

4th Season

So we ended up in 3rd place this time. Man Utd romped home 13 points clear, we lost 3 games in a row, 1-5 Southampton, 1-5 Chelsea and 1-2 Huddersfield, bizarre end to the season. Quarters of the European Cup, 3rd Round FA Cup and 5th Round Carling Cup.

Javier Hernandez broke the Premier League top scorer record, set by Andy Cole (34 goals) and bagged 37 for the season, he's awesome :D

Mirallas wanted £79,000 per week to extend his contract, he ain't getting that so i've released him on a free contract. Jagielka is 33 and wants £37,000 per week to extend his... not so sure i'm happy with that! Tim Howard also released on a free contract.

Brought in Patrick Hermann from Gladbach for £19.5m, planning on trying the 4-5-1 formation this time around as we keep conceding over 50 goals a season. Also sent a scout to England on Youth Intake day and promptly hoovered up all the best talent from 'Boro, Man City and Arsenal :thup:

We've a very young team, with high expectations for the 5th season. Newgen players are pretty much taking up all the key positions now!

Finally started with Everton last night.

Will use 3 different formations, dependant on home or away and opposition. 4-1-2-2W-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2W-2.

As I do on all FM's, I did the majority of my transfers in the first window.

Sold -

Baines - £21.5m

Hibbert - £2.5m

Gibson - £3.5m

Distin - £0.5m

Anichebe - Loan with £4m future fee

Gueye - £3m over installments

Mucha - £1.5m

Vellios - Loan with £1m future fee

Osman - £2.2m

Bought -

Dzagoev - Free Transfer joins in Jan

Wellington Nem - £3.5m

Demba Ba - £7m over 48 months

Kjaer - £3.2m

J Willems - £10m over 48 months

Butland - £4m

Adryan - £875k

Forren - £4.2m

Ademilson - £5.25m over 48 months

Capoue - £13m over 48 months

Struggling to get a right back. Can't get a work permit for Vrsaljko.

Team using 4-2-2W-2 -

Gk - Howard/Butland

Dr - Coleman/?????

Dl - Willems/Oviedo

Dc - Heitinga/Kjaer

Dc - Jagielka/Forren

Mc - Capoue/Heitinga

Mc - Fellaini/Barkley

Amr - W Nem/Pienaar

Aml - Mirallas/Ba

Fc - Jelavic/Ademilson

Fc - Ba/Mirallas

Team is good, squad needs work. Luckily a lot of players can play in different positions. Hope I can have a blinding season and sneak into the top 4.

Just recently started and so far disappointed that yet again it seems impossible to have wide players roaming properly. One of the best things about Pienaar is his ability to go anywhere on the left side of the pitch, but it's still not in the match engine. Would love to be proved wrong?

Got rid of Gueye mainly because he does not impress me in real life, tried to move on Naismith when I saw he was valued at 6 million but he'll be decent back up. Bought Adryan who I hope to get some game time, and planning on giving Barkley a lot of time too.

Only played a few games, some decent football but plenty of work to do. Can't help but try to re-create how we're playing in real life which is pretty much always recipe for disaster in FM...

Season 3 Update

So, a season between patches really hurt. Started off well with a mix of 4-3-1-2 and 4-2-3-1 until the patch broke winger and i stupidly took January to rebuild into a 5-3-1-1 tactic which worked wonders after a bit, but eventually the current patch took over, hurting wingback and bringing back the winger....... the one thing that i lacked

we were in the top half most of the season, and we gave Tottenham a good chase for 4th. but in the end we just couldn't catch them. On the plus, City won the champ league so even 4th wouldn't have got us champions league football. We will be in europe this year though thanks to the fact we have won our 2nd Capital One Trophy in 3 attempts with a victory over Arsenal (not Chelsea this time) though the less said about our FA Cup run the better.

season3res.th.jpg

barclayspremierleagueov.th.jpg

This season saw Ross Barkley really step up to being a first teamer, and After Benitez failed to make the cut and the goals dried up for Jelavic, Leo Bonatini the 20 year old who we signed as the future stepped up and became our top goal scorer netting 19 times in 35 matches.

So a good seasons end, but it became better as Kenwright finally sold out, and to a tycoon giving us a cool 70mil budget, converting our loans into 1 loan of 120k pm and upgrading the youth and training grounds.

Oh and he also decided it was time to move out of Goodison :D

evertonboardroomovervie.th.jpg

As for the kids. This year we got 3 decent prospects.

brianbowlandoverviewpro.th.jpg

frankaljofreeoverviewpr.th.jpg

seanjonesoverviewprofil.th.jpg

Seasons 4 Preview will be done after summer transfer day, but needless to say, mr Tycoon may have given me 70mil, but i need to build a title challenging squad with that so the objectives in the market are.

AML to replace Peinaar

AMR to cover Weiss

and a high profile CM

with possible youth cover for the CB and maybe a striker to replace Benitez

We don't really 'boost' CA's in that sense, I look at his attributes and see what's changed and as a result of that his CA will either go down or up :)

I think we all agree his attacking prowess has become more evident this season, he's become a better finisher and has added a touch of flair to his game.

I'd look to Germany for GKs, they have some good goalkeepers coming up :)

Baumann, Horn, Leno, Ter Stegen for the GK position.

As for RB, i think there is an Argentinian RB at Velez, he develops very well, i'll try and remember his name!

Sacked again! Got a season further this time though. 5 points the difference between 5th place and Europe or 11th and the sack. particularly annoying as I lost 2 of the last 3 easy games!

I think the problems came after changing my CMs roles. playing a 442, attacking at home, defensive away. I used to have one as central midfielder attacking and one as central midfielder defending. changed it to advanced playmaker attacking and central midfielder defending at home and deep laying playmaker defending and central midfielder attacking when away.

I'm going back to my old system as I have restarted already but would welcome any comments on my central midfield pairing. if it makes a difference the wingers are set as wide midfielders.

You might want to have a look at your system. How many teams in the top leagues in Europe play 4-4-2? If your centre-midfielders have such differing roles, there's going to be space in between them. This'll be exploited by the top teams even when they have equal numbers in midfield, and if they're playing with 5 in midfield then they're probably going to rip you apart.

Archived