FM13: Everton F.C. - Featuring overused toffee puns

swisso

2013/14 Season - Progress report

My strengthened squad has gelled fairly well and as a team they've shown a lot of resilience so far. Of the summer arrivals Michu, Parker and Pedro Leon settled in the fastest and they've played key parts in our progress so far. Michu got off to a stunning start with 3 goals and 2 assists in his first 3 games and he has continued to impress since, though his scoring rate has understandably dropped slightly.

We actually had the longest unbeaten record in the league and were actually top of the pile through September and October. Unfortunately we were still struggling to score as many as we should in some games and when we lost Jagielka for 7 weeks due to injury we also lost some of defensive solidity. Inability to hold a lead and some defensive gaffes cost us in a few draws and a couple of defeats in November and December and we were overhauled by some of the usual title challengers. We're still in the top 4 though and with Jagielka due to return from injury hopefully we can push on and hold on to Champions League qualification. We also had a very disappointing defeat to Blackburn at the first hurdle in the League Cup, though to be fair I made a lot of changes for the game that cost us momentum from earlier wins.

In Europe we got off to a creditable start with a useful 0-0 draw away to Lyon and managed tostay in the hunt until the last group game. We went out to Juventus needing a win to be sure of qualification for the knockout stages. We managed to grab 2 goals on the counter attack and that combined with a MoM display from Ospina meant we finished top of our group. Unfortunately for us PSG somehow finished second in their group and we've been drawn to face them in the 1st knockout round. We've also been handed a tough draw for the FA Cup with a trip to Man Utd in January.

Champions league football this season definitely making a difference for me, after the overall loss made for August due to transfer dealings, we've actually made a monthly profit on a couple of occasions.

Financial situation improved to the extent that the board made more transfer funds available in November, so I have £9.5 million available during the January window. Might also raise a bit more as 2 or 3 players not getting regular games have asked for a move, Coleman, Anichebe and Vellios all want more 1st team football. I've decided to accept their transfer requests as I didn't see Anichebe and Vellios quite being good enough, I like Coleman but he's struggling to dislodge Stones or Clyne at right back.

Assuming I do sell them rather than just loan them, I've got a couple of targets in mind for January. Gary Cahill has been transfer listed for £6 million and I think at 27 he'd been an ideal defensive signing. With Distin starting to noticeably decline and Duffy not quite there yet, Cahill would provide some decent competition to Jagielka and Bellusci. My other definite target is Spanish left back Jose Angel, transfer listed by Roma for £1.9 million. He's still only 21 and could provide long term back-up/cover to Baines while the 16yo newgen in my youth team matures.

I'm also tempted to make a bid for Lu, Lu,Lu....Lukas Podolski, who has been transfer listed by Arsenal for a relatively low £4.5 million. Assuming I can raise a bit more money by selling those want away players and Podolski's wage demands weren't too crazy that is. (So probably a non starter! :D)

Another long term prospect is Lewis Holtby who signed for Man Utd in the summer after barely playing for Spurs.....but now he's barely playing for Utd and since he's apparently an Everton supporter I might have a stab at unsettling him in the second half of the season.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had no luck with injuries yet again Don :mad:

Only in November and Duffy (7 months, broken leg), Gibson (2 months, hamstring), Jagielka (3 weeks, virus), Neil Taylor (3 months, ankle), Jake Bidwell (1 month, thigh) and Ashley Cole (just recovering after 6 weeks out) are all currently injured. My defence is now just cobbled together, luckily Cole recovered just as Taylor got injured, else of the 4 left backs I have in my squad, I'd have been down to just Oviedo! I have barely any defence, having to play some Wanyama as a makeshift CB (he's actually not that bad!) for the next couple of months, or untiil January.

All the big teams this season seem to have had terrible starts; Spurs (17th), Arsenal (14th) and United (11th), which has led to a slightly odd table after 14 games. Hull and Norwich are in first and second, with Grant Holt single handedly destroying teams (10 goals in his last 5 games).

Doing well in the Europa League though, got a reasonable group with Nancy, Sporting Lisbon and AZ in, and can qualify if I win my fourth game in the group, as I've picked up 2 wins and a draw so far. Everyone else has drawn against each other.

EDIT: As I post this, Coleman picks up a 3 week arm injury! Stones is my only right back now! #PrayforEverton

Yikes, really not having a lot of luck there are you....fingers crossed things are a bit better in second half of the season :thup:

The big teams on my save started slow, but not as god awfully as on yours by sound of it....although Man City were still a long way off recovering, despite more crazy spending. We were 12 points clear of them at one point, last years champions Spurs are having a horrible time of it down in 7th at the moment and 9 points off getting in to a European spot. Arsenal seem to have been the big winners in the transfer market from the big boys with Wenger rediscovering his transfer mojo....they've brought in the likes of Subotic from Dortmund, Coentrao from Real Madrid, Griezmann from Real Sociedad and have somehow persuaded Robert Lewnadowski to sign on in July 2014 for free when his contract is up. At the moment they look most likely to be champions and I imagine they'll be even harder to stop once they get Lewandowski upfront.

We're still plugging away though, comfortably in a Champions League spot now we've reached January. Coleman and Anichebe have moved on once the transfer window reopened. Coleman off to Birmingham for £4.5 million and Anichebe is off to Swansea for £4.75 million to hopefully solve their striker crisis...their squad is looking pretty decimated after their relegation. I've secured the services of Jose Angel and Gary Cahill as mentioned above, but as I suspected Podolski's wage demands were a little too much for my tastes. I may go back in for him if he remains on the transfer list...see if he gets more reasonable after more time on the sidelines.

EDIT: Would you credit it...Gibson stretcheered off in our FA Cup tie against Man Utd just as I wrote all that :( He's been having such a good season as well

Unlucky with Gibson, he's essentially my Carrick, he's so good at just recycling possession. My average attack comes from Wanyama winning the ball deep, finding Gibson who spreads it wide to a winger, who then plays through my striker. No-one else can find the passes that start moves off like Gibson for me.

I usually play him as the slightly more defensive minded central midfielder alongside De Bruyne, but he's been excellent for me in either role this season. I was really surprised how consistent he's been actually.

Unfortunately his injury coincides with a 3-4 month injury for Michu as well :(

One injury does seem to spark a chain reaction, doesn't it :lol:

Sadly sparked off a run of bad form as well, shocking defending in a 2-1 defeat to Stoke, poor performance in a draw with Newcastle only rescued by an 85th minute penalty, then a thumping by PSG in first leg of our Champions League tie followed a league thumping at our own ground by a suddenly resurgent Man City. :(

Oddly we then arrest the slump by going to the Emirates and putting in a fantastic performance to beat league leaders Arsenal 3-2 after being 2-0 down. :D Fingers crossed that is our slump over as we have a run of winnable games now before we have to play Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs as 3 of our last 4 games.

Considering starting an Everton save as even though I'm a Liverpool fan I've always admired Moyes' success on such a small budget and the way in which he has built and maintained a small but tight knit squad that is consistently challenging for European qualification. Just how bad are the finances?

---

Some great progress DandyDon and D0bi, interesting to see that DandyDon bought De Bruyne as I had him on my Chelsea save and his attributes were exceptional, how's he looking on your save?

Considering starting an Everton save as even though I'm a Liverpool fan I've always admired Moyes' success on such a small budget and the way in which he has built and maintained a small but tight knit squad that is consistently challenging for European qualification. Just how bad are the finances?

---

Some great progress DandyDon and D0bi, interesting to see that DandyDon bought De Bruyne as I had him on my Chelsea save and his attributes were exceptional, how's he looking on your save?

Regarding the finances, it's almost exclusively a "sell to buy" kind of deal. Your best bet will be to try to get the board to increase the % of revenue from each transfer you get going back in to your budget.

I finally got a decent budget in the third season (Of £29m) but that was after selling Baines (£20m) and Heitinga (£15M) the season before and only spending around £7m of the proceeds. For your first two season's without sales you're looking at around £2m in transfer budget, at most.

kevindebruyneoverviewpr.png

That's how he looks at the moment in March 2014. I think there's a fair bit to come from him yet, hasn't quite been the creative force I'm hoping for with only 3 assists so far. However it is his first season and he's still a relatively young player, and his form dipped a little in January after he got upset with some of my team talks :p I tend to unleash the hairdryer a bit at half time if we're not up to scratch.

I'm sure he'll be more influential for my team in the years ahead though.

That's how he looks at the moment in March 2014. I think there's a fair bit to come from him yet, hasn't quite been the creative force I'm hoping for with only 3 assists so far. However it is his first season and he's still a relatively young player, and his form dipped a little in January after he got upset with some of my team talks :p I tend to unleash the hairdryer a bit at half time if we're not up to scratch.

I'm sure he'll be more influential for my team in the years ahead though.

Looks good, this is him for me in September 2016 so I'm sure he still has a lot of potential to fill for you:

f30faf66-5666-435a-ba14-e110e214a2cf_zpsf4d0e8c7.jpg

Всем привет!

Играем по сети с другом. В первом сезоне - Эвертон 2й, во втором - за 5 матчей до финиша на 1м. Без переигрываний.

Состав 2014:

Фостер (Селтик 2013)

Юнг (Франкфурт 2013) - Ягелка - Даффи - Бэйнс

Нордтвейт (Менхенгладбах 2013)- Фелаини -Брэдли (Рома 2013)

Милнер (Сити зима 2013) - Миральяс

Кислинг (Байер 2014)

Нордтвейт - мощный опорный полузащитник

Брэдли и Фелаини - мощные центральные полузащитники

Играем за счет короткого паса, контроль мяча, мощный центр полузащиты.

Had to post to be honest, just wanted to start a new game and thought lets see how I can compare going forward to David Moyes.

Firstly I rejected 22 mil bid for Fellani although it would give me the "record bid received achievement" but thought best to play him etc.

Then first game I lost 1-0 to QPR and thought oh dear may not do this for too long but now I'm sitting with 10 games played on 27 points, yes won 9 in row.

I beat arsenal at homeafter qpr so yes thought ok, obviosuly ok at home hence continue but next was man city and newcastle away which I won 4-0 and 3-0 (yes man city 0-4 Everton just threw all my theories out the window).

Not only this I've kept 10 clean sheets in a row (with cup games aswell) hence have got the park the tank acheivement.

Anyhow had to let you know this so hoping now to get "overachievement" award at end of season by getting CL place. Cheers.

Areet boys. Well my journeyman career has brought me to everton , just starting 2015/2016 transfer window. However i took over in december 2014.

My team when I took over :

WAS 18th in the table!!!!!

Stones - Jag - Heitinga - Ziegler

Mirillas - Gibson - Fletcher - Oviedo

Jelavic - Naismith

My team is now:

GK : Forster (5.5M) / Howard

RB : Stones

CB : Jag / Duffy

CB : Heitinga / Isimat-Mirin (Free- End of Contract)

LB : Oviedo

RM : Mirillas / Kembo-Ekoko

DM : Gibson / Matic

DM : Fletcher

LM : Kakuta / Gueye

ST : Jelavic / Leo Bonatini (Loan ---- To buy)

ST : Ideye (10.25M) / Vydra (Free - EOC)

Oviedo is performing unreal at LB for the latter half of season, Anyone about wanting a jelavic replacement - LEO BONATINI from Juve!!!!

Will update with more transfer dealings

Had to post to be honest, just wanted to start a new game and thought lets see how I can compare going forward to David Moyes.

Firstly I rejected 22 mil bid for Fellani although it would give me the "record bid received achievement" but thought best to play him etc.

Then first game I lost 1-0 to QPR and thought oh dear may not do this for too long but now I'm sitting with 10 games played on 27 points, yes won 9 in row.

I beat arsenal at homeafter qpr so yes thought ok, obviosuly ok at home hence continue but next was man city and newcastle away which I won 4-0 and 3-0 (yes man city 0-4 Everton just threw all my theories out the window).

Not only this I've kept 10 clean sheets in a row (with cup games aswell) hence have got the park the tank acheivement.

Anyhow had to let you know this so hoping now to get "overachievement" award at end of season by getting CL place. Cheers.

Well I got the latter for finishing 2nd in premierleague to Man city so pretty chuffed with that.

Just finished season 2 (13/14) and got to CL semi final, FA quarter but fell to 5th as games took their toll.

I mean I had man u 3 times in a row i.e. CL quarter final which I beat them over 2 legs but lost prem game inbetween and yep you guessed it, it was them who got 4th by 2 points.

No signings made (but no one sold either) as it was tough to get a significantly improved player with only 12 mil to spend in Jan 14 but just have to see what money I get to spend for season 14/15.

Cheers

Good to see you doing well @andyh21

I got a budget of 16M but I went for a pretty shrewd transfer dealings

screenshot20130531at194.png

So I brought in sufficent players and have about 30M to spend. Which I'll mull over for a marquee signing in january

My squad:

screenshot20130531at212.png

Improvement Ideas?

sign Barkley back ASAP :D

can't imagine an Everton Save without him.

George Green is looking good for me now, he just needs to be given game time

Barkley just didnt fit into my team, didnt know where to play the lad in my formation. however hes getting 1st team action at cardiff in the EPL so cant complain for the lad. Pressing for a top 4 spot coming into december , Currently 1st.

Caicedo & Vydra have been on fire

@andyh21

Going pretty well there :thup:, with the Champions League revenue and TV money you should clear some of the clubs debt, which should see you get a reasonable transfer budget for the 2014/15 season. I managed to grab second place in the end of my second season and wiped a fair chunk of debt out, ended up with a £31.5 million transfer budget for the season ahead.

@danielaamer

'I am Zlatan' on loan, excellent :applause:Some good deals bringing Asamoah and Vermaelen in on free transfers too

****ing lewandowski will come but wants 180K a week, any ideas how to get him to lower his demands. mind u hes getting 160K at PSG!!!

Good luck with that one....trying to sign players from the mega rich clubs is a nightmare in terms of wages. Even if the player is totally unwanted by their club their wage demands are totally unreasonable.

I had the option to sign Torres permanently for £2.5 million, but he was demanding £190,000 a week despite being sold for peanuts. I've ended up bringing him on loan for a season so I can pay a fraction of his wages and get him to tutor Green in the meantime.

The only one from a mega-rich club I've had luck bringing in was bringing Rodwell back. He had been on over $100k/wk and I managed to get him in at around $85k/wk. I think that maybe since he had never been a big name there and had his reputation go way up he was willing to come down on wages.

@andyh21

Going pretty well there :thup:, with the Champions League revenue and TV money you should clear some of the clubs debt, which should see you get a reasonable transfer budget for the 2014/15 season. I managed to grab second place in the end of my second season and wiped a fair chunk of debt out, ended up with a £31.5 million transfer budget for the season ahead.

Yep season 3 completed and yes I had 42 mil to spend.

Not much in the way of sig improvements though, gary hopper for 9 mil but Mirallies still better. Made so many other offers but they kept coming back with like "will settle for 30-35 mil" sod that.

e.g. Clyne from southampton for 22, just no way.

As for 14/15 itself, well I won the league cup so cant' argue with that hence winning more than Moyes, thought it would go another step further but lost in europa final to Napoli but I only got 7th in the league.

Therefore given all of this the main thing to have happened is hmm sir alex retired in 2015 and yes you've guessed it man u job came up. Therefore it wouldnt be first time an everton manager went for it, the board were not happy so it was "appologise or resign" so I did the latter and I'm now at old trafford with 109 mil to sepnd and no prem title for utd in the game so far!!

Into season 5 with my restarted career that doesn't have me owned by a tycoon. Season 1 i kept Baines and Fellaini but that left me to survive with just Scott Sinclair and Simao as my only signings, did the trick though as i finished 3rd.

Season 2 saw the big Fella leaving for 30 mil to PSG and being replaced by Douglas from FC Twente (who's been a rock in my defence) on a free, James Milner as my replacement playmaker for 7.5 mil and Tagliafico from Banfield for 3.6 mil (not one of my best signings) and a couple of mil on newgens. Jelly was struggling up front and Vic was crippled and the half way point which left me 17th and desperate for goals. In came Jordan Rhodes for 10 mil and the last of the Fellaini cash. He scored 7 goals in the 2nd half of the season, enough to save my job and push us into 9th

The extra money from the champions league last season plus the new prem cash gave me a chance to push on. Splashing out 53 mil on the likes of Salvio, Fabian and Garmash while Naismith and Peanuts took trips to the seaside at Blackpool, Howard was making mistakes and while i had some success with back up keeper Oblak we had no long term solution, in came Courtois for 17.25 mil, a big futrue pospect and things improved again, still only 7th though but enough to get us back into europe.

Season 4 started off with only 11 mil to improve my squad meaning i had to sell to buy, out wemt Jelavic and Mirallas for 9 mil combined in came Tom Ince for 5 mil, Matthius Zimmermann for 3.2mil and 2 young CM's Goretzka and Tachtsidis, both of who tourned out to be daimonds in the rough. A terrible start, with 2 wins in 10 games saw me on the verge of sacking but was saved by the fact that most of my injuries ment i was playing youth with seems to cheer old Kenwright up. Suddenly my team remembered how to play once players came back, leading to a 21 game unbeaten run and the Carling cup to top it off meaning a 3rd place finish and champions league football again.

So there we are, Kenwight has finally sold up our loans are now 700k pm but we have 3 sponsors worth 9.5 mil a year. The wage budget has gone up by 100k but it's sustainable now with 2 high earners Jagielka and Heitenga to go at end of the year, by the end of my transfer dealings i still have 100k wage and 20mil left in the bank. and a number of upcoming and future youth to help take the club on.

Hey guys thought I'd post here, Started an Everton game a few nights back and im 6th at Christmas in the first season. It's going okay at the moment. I'm playing a 442 formation which has seen me become pretty solid defensively while still having enough in attack!

Everton_TacticsOverview_zpsa8b2f4a0.png

Had some good results most notably a 4 - 1 win against Man Utd, but then the next game I rotated the squad because of a fixture pileup and lost 1 - 0 to Sunderland!!

Followed that up with another lose at home to Liverpool of all teams, in a game I dominated Fellaini goes and gets sent off just after half time but I was pretty pleased with the performance as we definitely deserved to get something out of the game.

Everton_FixturesSchedule_zps146ab4de.png

Really enjoying this save so far!

Absolutely Buzzing. Season 2015/2016.

Won the premier league

Won the Capital One Cup

Won the Europa League

Got knocked out of FA cup 3rd Round

Will update with screenshots and full indepth analysis in a bit

screenshot20130605at181.png

Well Loved this season but cant help feeling that I over achieved abit. Next season will tell.

So i decided against making any purchases mainly due to the lack of transfer funds. I sold Heitinga to West Brom for £8 million leaving me with some funds in January if i need reinforcements. My friendly's were a success, winning 4 and drawing 2 of my 6 games, both draws coming against Juventus and Grenada. I've made a decent start to my Premier League career winning 2 (Stoke 2-0, Aston Villa 1-0) and losing 1 (Chelsea 2-1) of my first three games and beating Rotherham 3-1 in the Carling Cup Round 2.

I've gone for a 4-2-3-1 fluid, control formation with my focus being around Ross Barkley as i have high hopes for the lad.

Got sacked early in the 5th season, which I think was pretty harsh! Was 10th and told the board to expect Euro qualification so easily within our grasp considering it was only 10 games into the season!

Still in both cups, and playing loads of youth players as I like to develop my own youth.

Not sure what to do now, either the Dafuge challenge with Chippenham, or continue this save with another team and try to make a return to the Toffees later. I'm leaning towards continuing this save as I want to see how my players develop, but without an interesting team to takeover it could be difficult!

Well, I took over Ipswich who were 12th at the time but expected to get the play offs, I guided them to...... 12th! And got sacked again!

But this update isnt about them is it? Its about the mighty toffees!

After they so cruelly jetisoned me, worth noting it wasnt uncle Bill in charge at that point. I was very concerned to see the new guy go on losing streak, after 16 games they were 15th and struggling, but then things changed. Baring in mind this was still my team, I was quite pleased to see the recovery as it was exactly what I thought I could have been doing.

By the close of the season the mighty Toffees were 8th. I honestly think they would have done better with me in charge as the previous season I had got us a 5th place finish after a poor start, without the poor run following the manager change theres nothing to say I wouldnt have done it again.

So another season without European footie for us coming up.

During the close season something unthinkable happen, something truely truely horrific. Barkey went to Spurs for £27.5mil! Luckily I know my team well enough to know he has a lot of good youth pushing for his spot, but I had planned on having him in the team for a good 15 years, if I get my job back I will be getting him back somehow!

And on that subject, my job, I am now in charge of German team Augsburg, predicted bottom of the German top flight, my aim is to just avoid relegation this season, hopefully start building my rep back up ready for my glory filled return to Everton

Started with a save posted in the Tycoon thread, and am now in January of my first full season, having saved Everton from the brink of relegation on the last day of the season. No Gareth Farrelly wonder goal this time, but a satisfying brace from Velios saving us from the jaws of the Championship.

Started the season okay. We're a bit up and down in form, but sitting okay in 9th (a hell of a lot better than the last 2 seasons, where Everton have come 17th), but the Top 10 are all pretty close at the minute. I'm only 4 points behind 5th for example. I did a few dealings in December, and am going into January with a solid XI. A few of my summer cheap signings haven't performed, so they've been immediately shipped out. Juanfran, Prince-Boateng, Lombaerts, and Jagielka all made way, with future Italian superstar midfielder Marco Verratti, experienced Valencia goalkeeper Diego Alves coming in and the in-form Norwich midfielder Jonny Howson coming in. This gives me a strongest XI of:

------------------------------Alves--------------------------------

-----------------Pepe------Ivanovic-----Dawson-----------------

--Blasczykowski--------------------------------------Baines-----

-----------------------Isco---------Verratti-----------------------

--------------------------Rodriguez-------------------------------

----------------------Benteke------Velios-------------------------

I then have back-up players such as Darren Gibson, Sami Khedira, Sergi Samper, John Stones, Lucas Digne, Ross Barkley and Anders Lindergaard. The only area where i don't have sufficient back-up is up-front. I did have Christian Benitez on loan, but he's just left, as he was unhappy with the lack of playing time, so I'm on the hunt for a cheap striker to last until the end of the season, and am looking at Luis Muriel currently. As far as my first XI goes, I'm most happy with that midfield triangle of Isco, Verratti and James Rodriguez. Isco and Rodriguez were 2 of my first signings at the club, and they've both been immensely impressive, especially Isco, and adding Verratti to the midfield just adds an extra special dimension. Sami Khedira is proving to be an excellent back-up too, chipping in with a few handy goals.

As far as improvements go. I need a new centre back to replace Dawson, definitely need a better RWB, and could do with a world class striker. Benteke and Velios have done well; well, Velios has any way, scoring 14 in 20 in the league, but Benteke is yet to really fire. He's putting in solid performances, with an Av R of 7.24, but 7 goals in 19 starts is not much to write home about. The side are playing a lot better than they were though, and that's all that matters. I'm hoping for a solid first season which can then be built upon in the second!

In 2025/26 with Everton. Won the CL about 3 or 4 times, but only won the EPL perhaps once? Seems so hard to in the EPL in my game, although Im top 6 points clear with 5 games remaining this season. Main problem I've found with Everton is finances. You have to be winning either the EPL or CL every season or go very far to get some serious cash in.

See below pic of my finances and I don't think I've bought a single player, yet I'm still in the red :-(

Just had new stadium built though, the Everton Stadium. Was hoping they would name it after myself but never mind!!!

Trying to concentrate on my own youth but not too many amazing players coming through.

http://s15.postimg.org/vgp9dylqz/finances.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/66uhqvezf/stadium.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/mx5vg7dej/janssen.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/pd7ou1vh7/robson.jpg

Slightly disappointed with the overall result of my first full season in charge of Everton. Ended up finishing 9th in the league, when I really should have been in the top 7. I realised I just didn't have enough quality, the defence were making mistakes, and the depth in quality just wasn't there. So, over the summer I decided I'd be aiming for only world-class signings to really boost the overall standard of the squad. The chairman pumped another £35m in, which left me with £40m starting money to buy players. The first signing I made was Thibaut Courtois. I'd signed Diego Alves in January, as Howard wasn't performing, but he made regular mistakes, and I just couldn't miss out on Courtois, especially for £13m.

From here, I decided I needed to get rid of a few players. Ivanovic and Khedira's loans ended, and I decided not to pursue them as permanent signings, and then decided that I'd sell Blasczykowski, Lindegaard, Muriel and Benteke. Then, my free transfers came in, which were Bressan, Cornelius, Aurier and Miguel Veloso. I then made my first coup of the summer, bringing in Kurt Zouma for £18m to sure up the defence. The spending continued, and alongside a few talented regens, I signed Mattia Destro from Porto for £20m and made the biggest signing of the summer, Etiene Capoue for £38m. This leaves me with a strongest XI of:

-----------------------Courtois------------------------

------------------Pepe------------Zouma-----------------

---Mason---------------Capoue---------------Baines------

----------------Isco-------------Verratti------------------

----------------------Rodriguez-----------------------------

----------------Destro-----------Cornelius-----------------

Pretty happy with that side. Only Baines remains from the Everton originals, but Velios, Barkley and Stones remain in the side. I have been really impressed by Velios. He was integral to keeping me up when I first took over, and last season bagged 18 league goals, far more than either Muriel and Benteke made. I was also very impressed by Michael Dawson. I signed him to play back-up to Pepe and Jagielka, but Dawson ended up being the star of the defence, even bagging fans player of the season. He'll start this season as back-up again, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him end the season as Zouma's primary partner.

Started the season with a tough 3-2 home defeat to City, but we could have won the game. Had a fantastic chance up City's end when the scores were at 2-2, but got caught a little high up the pitch, City countered and scored. Hopefully, the second game against Swansea will end in victory.

2013/14 End of Season report

Not been playing much FM over last couple of weeks, real life peskily getting in the way of my dreams of European glory :lol:

I did manage to complete my second season with Everton though, in fact now well into the third season, so thought I'd just update on the final outcome of my earlier wheeling and dealing. Added to the summer transfers I made a few more deals during the January window. Seamus Coleman left to join Birmingham for £4.5 million, Victor Anichebe was sold to relegated Swansea for £3.8 million as they tried to rebuild their squad that was rather picked apart during the summer. Vellios also headed off to join Anichebe at Swansea on a loan deal. We managed to pick up Gary Cahill for £6 million after he was transfer listed by Chelsea along with Jose Angel from Roma for £1.8 mill8ion. On the last day of the transfer window I also signed up Alberto Gilardino from Genoa for £2.8 million.

Cahill and Gilardino settled in very quickly for us, Cahill grabbing 3 goals and 5 man of the match awards from 16 appearances, while Gilardino managed 11 goals from 12 appearances to help us move up from qualifying for Europe to putting in an actual title challenge in the last couple of months of the season. In the end we came up a little short, but only just as we finished a single point behind eventual champions Chelsea.

We had a reasonable season in Europe, finishing top of a tough group that included Lyon, Atletico Madrid and Juventus. However in the domestic cups we were very disappointing, knocked out at the first hurdle in both competitions.

The Results

rkt.pngujwp.png

Final League Table

qra.png

Second full season in charge is going incredibly well. Was a bit of a slow start, with a record of 1-1-1 in our first 3, but since then we've been on a 11 game unbeaten streak which includes victories over Spurs, United, and most recently Liverpool. The win over Liverpool was the most pleasing, especially when you look at where they are in the table. After 12 games, Liverpool are 19th, with 2 wins, 3 draws and 6 defeats. Their manager Marco Van Basten was immediately sacked after we beat them, and hopefully they'll continue this form, and get relegated. As for my league position, I'm in 2nd place on Goal difference, with only United ahead of us. In the 12 games we've played, we've managed 7 wins, 4 draws and 1 single defeat away to City on the first day of the season. Very pleasing.

My team is going from strength to strength. The tycoon chairman pumped even more money into the club in January, which allowed me to secure the signatures of Gylfi Sigurdsson, 3 amazing regens, and Andre Ayew on deadline day. We're sitting in 2nd, 5 points clear of 3rd, but 6 behind league leaders Manchester United. We've been putting together some really nice results, with wins over Liverpool, City, United and Tottenham. The only blemish this season was a terrible performance against Brentford in the FA Cup 4th round, with them knocking us out 1-0. Half way through the season, and my strongest side is:

-----------------------Courtois----------------------------

------------------Pepe---------Zouma---------------------

---Aurier--------------Capoue---------------Ayew----------

-----------------Verratti-------Isco--------------------------

-------------------------Gylfi---------------------------------

-----------------Sbraglia------Cornelius---------------------

Top Scorers:

Andreas Cornelius - 8

Alessandro Sbraglia - 6

James Rodriguez - 5

Apostolos Velios - 5

Pepe - 5

Assists

James Rodriguez - 9

Serge Aurier - 8

Andreas Cornelius - 5

Isco - 4

Marco Verratti - 4

Average Rating

Pepe - 7.82

Michael Dawson - 7.71

Kurt Zouma - 7.61

Etienne Capoue - 7.52

James Rodriguez - 7.49

The average rating shows a pretty important factor in our success, the defence have been magnificent. Pepe and Zouma have dominated all the top sides' strike forces, and with Capoue sitting in front of them as an Anchorman, we've finally been defending properly. Also, against the top sides, I've been playing 1 up top, and using 3 centre backs, with Dawson slotting in alongside Pepe and Zouma, and it's been very effective, with the team currently on a run of not conceding a premier league goal for 6 games. Also, in our last 11 games, we've conceded just 3 goals. The combination of Courtois, Zouma, Pepe, Aurier, Baines and Capoue has been incredibly impressive. Very happy with how the team are playing. Just wish the strikers (other than Cornelius) would start scoring consistently. Mattia Destro's struggled, only managing 2 goals in 14 appearances, only 1 assist, and an average rating of 6.87. Not really good enough. Luckily, my regen striker Alessandro Sbraglia has done very well, scoring 6 in 11 starts, with Velios chipping in with 5 in 14 starts. Could do with a consistent, world-class goal scorer though. Got my eye on Cavani for a potential big money summer transfer!

I started with new Everton save as I needed a change from my Arsenal team. I have soft heart for the Toffes. After the welcoming messages, I went through the squad to see who fits my formation and tactics. To be honesty, all my years in FM it was the first time that I didn't need many changes to fit what I want. So the 1.2m transfer budget didn't bother me at all.

I have worked on the three tactics I'll be using throughout the season. The first tactic which is obviously the primary is the one shown below. It's designed to put pressure on opponents by closing them down high up the pitch and once the possession is gained to utilize by sweet short passes around before eventually finding a player who has made a good run.

Tactic One - Primary

M3wWLLG.jpg

NOTE: In this tactic, Fellaini (MCL) is actually Box-To-Box rather than DPL. Was testing something before the screenshot.

The only strange thing in my formation I would say is having the two full backs on attack. It doesn't bother me much as I have an anchorman to protect in case of counter-attack. I'll always have three at the back.

Tactic Two (Click Here) This is designed for tougher away matches. I haven't played any tough away match as of yet so might tweak even more. My idea is to draw the opposition and let them come to us then hit them on the counter once the possession is gained. If the tactic works well, I'll use this in second halves when I need to protect lead.

Tactic Three (Click Here): No non-sense tactic. Will be used late in matches to protect lead.

Transfers: Due to the limited funds, there were not many recruits. I didn't want to make many changes anyway. I needed a cover for Lee Osman as he kept getting injured. I bought central midfielder, Server Jeparov (Click Here), for 1.3m. Piener also kept getting injured during pre-season so another back-up was needed. Mark Gonzales (Click Here) was brought for season long loan deal. I only had Neville as the anchorman team so another back-up was signed. Owen Hargreaves (Click Here) from free transfer. Notable on-goings were: Tony Hibert for 1.7m to Stoke City and Vellios to Millwall for 800k. I didn't want to sell Vellios as he looks promising youngster but really needed to cash; I wanted to loan in Mario Saurez so needed to cover the monthly fees.

PRe-Season and Early Matches:

4h1NCcv.jpg

I was really pleased with the pre-season performances. The most significant one was the match against Barcelona. They fielded their starting players bar the CBs. It was hard to contain Messi and the likes but we did. Very close match. The Bari match in pre-season was bit boredfest. I was testing my second tactic and Bari just seemed to have taken every chance they created. It had bit effect on us as we couldn't take our chances against Stoke City. Stoke didn't even have any shot on/off goal; that's how much we dominated. Early signs are great but we haven't had real test yet. The next four matches include Spurs, Chelsea, and Man United so I'll see how we fare against these giants.

I'll post update once the season finishes.

Glory at last for my Everton side! A fantastic run at the end of the season which included 7 wins on the bounce (only conceding 1 goal in those 7 games) resulted in a Premier League title. 4 points was the gap at the end, a fantastic achievement considering how poorly we'd played in large sections of the season before. The big money signings paid off though. Courtois got golden gloves for his 24 clean sheets, Ettiene Capoue was magnificent all season, Ayew fitted in perfectly at WBL and the midfield/attack which included Isco, Verratti, Gylfi and James Rodriguez performed admirably. We didn't have a stand out striker, but all 4 strikers performed decently throughout the season, and got us enough goals to win the league, so I can't really complain.

Here's a screenshot of the final league table:

ScreenShot2013-06-23at130513_zps3d5a0535.png

My summer transfer dealings have been pretty interesting. I decided to have a mini clear out, selling off Velios, Destro, Barkley, Digne, Samper, Veloso and then cashed in on Rodriguez (£40m to Barcelona) and Stones (£16m to United) in order to allow me to strengthen all areas ready for Champions League football. Then, my transfers in included:

Phil Jones - £24.5m - Young partner for Kurt Zouma. Pepe and Dawson getting on a bit, but will be used to tutor Gerard Blanc my regen centre back. Zouma and Jones as centre backs should make my defence even stronger

James McCarthy - £24m - Needed another midfielder, as numbers were a bit thin. McCarthy is not only capable of doing a very good job, but is a much needed HG player. Wanted Rodwell, but a broken leg meant he failed a medical.

Nestor Conti - £21.5m - Regen striker that has been performing very well for Feyenoord after joining from Boca. Finishing of 19, very good technical stats, looks a class player.

Fernando Llorente - Free - Proven goal scorer, will play back-up to Conti and Cornelius, but should chip in with a few goals.

Adem Maher - £46m - Wanted to sign him for a long time. Expensive, but looks a class player, and rated 5* by my scouts. Will share the AMC position with Gylfi. Excited to see how he goes!

I've wanted Jones and Maher for a long time, so it was nice to be able to afford them. Maher comes in and adds another world class midfielder to my team, which meant there really wasn't space for James Rodriguez, so he had to depart to Barca. Hopefully he won't have a really good CL run and make me regret selling him! My Champions League group has been drawn, and I've been put with Valencia, FC Bayern and FC Twente. So not a particularly nice draw, but I'm confident that with my squad, we'll be able to get out of the group and make a good run at winning the thing.

Here's a screenie of my squad, tactic, and strongest XI:

ScreenShot2013-06-23at130622_zps218d3456.png

I started with new Everton save as I needed a change from my Arsenal team. I have soft heart for the Toffes. After the welcoming messages, I went through the squad to see who fits my formation and tactics. To be honesty, all my years in FM it was the first time that I didn't need many changes to fit what I want. So the 1.2m transfer budget didn't bother me at all.

I have worked on the three tactics I'll be using throughout the season. The first tactic which is obviously the primary is the one shown below. It's designed to put pressure on opponents by closing them down high up the pitch and once the possession is gained to utilize by sweet short passes around before eventually finding a player who has made a good run.

Tactic One - Primary

M3wWLLG.jpg

NOTE: In this tactic, Fellaini (MCL) is actually Box-To-Box rather than DPL. Was testing something before the screenshot.

The only strange thing in my formation I would say is having the two full backs on attack. It doesn't bother me much as I have an anchorman to protect in case of counter-attack. I'll always have three at the back.

Tactic Two (Click Here) This is designed for tougher away matches. I haven't played any tough away match as of yet so might tweak even more. My idea is to draw the opposition and let them come to us then hit them on the counter once the possession is gained. If the tactic works well, I'll use this in second halves when I need to protect lead.

Tactic Three (Click Here): No non-sense tactic. Will be used late in matches to protect lead.

Transfers: Due to the limited funds, there were not many recruits. I didn't want to make many changes anyway. I needed a cover for Lee Osman as he kept getting injured. I bought central midfielder, Server Jeparov (Click Here), for 1.3m. Piener also kept getting injured during pre-season so another back-up was needed. Mark Gonzales (Click Here) was brought for season long loan deal. I only had Neville as the anchorman team so another back-up was signed. Owen Hargreaves (Click Here) from free transfer. Notable on-goings were: Tony Hibert for 1.7m to Stoke City and Vellios to Millwall for 800k. I didn't want to sell Vellios as he looks promising youngster but really needed to cash; I wanted to loan in Mario Saurez so needed to cover the monthly fees.

PRe-Season and Early Matches:

4h1NCcv.jpg

I was really pleased with the pre-season performances. The most significant one was the match against Barcelona. They fielded their starting players bar the CBs. It was hard to contain Messi and the likes but we did. Very close match. The Bari match in pre-season was bit boredfest. I was testing my second tactic and Bari just seemed to have taken every chance they created. It had bit effect on us as we couldn't take our chances against Stoke City. Stoke didn't even have any shot on/off goal; that's how much we dominated. Early signs are great but we haven't had real test yet. The next four matches include Spurs, Chelsea, and Man United so I'll see how we fare against these giants.

I'll post update once the season finishes.

Conti... from quoted post.

I am half way through the league and we are doing extremely well.

dW33eFk.png

Chelsea has two games in hand and can widen the gap but I am not bothered with title dog-fight just yet. I can only concentrate on my team and take one match at the time.

The two matches which we have lost are against Spurs (away) and Man United (away. Totally expected losses. However, it had me pulling my hair how on earth Spurs beat us 4-0. We were evenly matched throughout the match but they scored first from direct free-kick, then the next two goals from corner kicks, and finally when everything was dusted Defeo scored from open play. I knew set-pieces would be an area they could benefit from because our centrebacks lack height and not to mention Gareth Bale's freekicks (oddly Vertonghen or however you spell his name took it and scored). The disappointing thing is in match preparation I did 'Defend Set-pieces' but by the looks of things we haven't done much of homework. Against United, well the lesser I say the better. Totally got destroyed by Rooney and RVP. 4-0. So you can see having concede 10 goals, 8 of which came from two matches, our defence is actually fantastic so far. 14 clean sheets are massive bonus.

Offensively, I am very pleased with the contribution of goals from around the players. Mainly my two strikers. Jelavic had the spot for himself and was really playing well. But injury sidelined him 3 weeks or so. Big guy Anichebe stood up to the task.

Having already played Man United (away), Arsenal (Away), Man City (Away), and Spurs (away), second half of the season hopefully won't be as tough.

Well my absense from Everton has gone on for a second season now, my replacement got sacked, but I didnt feel I could get my old job back just yet so stayed out of the race.

After a poor start they got back to an 8th place finish, equaling last years attempt and failing to qualify for Europe again, this is what lead to the sacking. The new manager is Laurent Blanc and hes looking very good from his stats, lets hope he doesnt stay too long though as I want to come back.

What is very worrying is the departure of some of my players, obviously Barkley went last season to Spurs (had a massive injury so poor season!) but this year they let Baines go to Arsenal and Martin Kelly to Blackburn. To be fair the Baines deal was a good one, hes 33 now and I would have been looking to move him into my back room staff at this point anyway. His replacement is coming along nicely, a sweet newgen I found in Brazil. Kelly wasnt as good as I had hoped when I bought him but I didnt last much longer after he arrived, maybe part of the reason I was sacked?

The worrying departures:

James Marshall (newgen) 25mil to United. This guy came though the accademy in 2012/13 and got 10 games the next season, he was always destined for big things and I was hoping I could be playing him and Barkley in the middle of the park for years! He got his first England game at 19 years old and I think was the first newgen to do so. Gutted hes gone, and cant see me getting him back from United any time soon (what with not managing the team and all!)

Allione went to Valencia for 6mil. I got him in season 1 for 2.8mil as a strong back up/future player and he forced his way into the first team right away! I have a soft spot for him and maybe played him more often than I should, but couldnt find a right winger I prefered.

Nevan Subotic went to PSG for 14.25. Along with Andreas Bjelland for 5mil to Sevilla. That was my first choice DC pairing gone in the same season. Stones to Southampton for 3mil as well.

The team is starting to look like someone elses now and I dont like it! At least Abel "The Legend" Hernandez is still there, one of my favourite players. The other 5 strikers in the first team squad are all mine as well which is good to see, but the rest of the team is very different.

One "big" transfer thats worth noting was the sale of Ben McLaughlin who I managed to convince to come and fight relegation with me in the german division 1 following our survival via the relegation play off last season. Hes about championship level, but I always had my eye on him as a future tutor. He now 23 years old, Professional, and has 18 determination. In the Augsberg squad hes 4 stars so going to be a great help to improve my defence in Germany. I will certainly be bringing him back if I get to return, he will be a great influence on the younger players.

Wow, they've had a bit of a clearout then. Should be good news that they got rid of Martin Kelly. Poor signing really mate, I mean signing Liverpool cast-offs is never a good thing ;) Surprise they only got £3m for Stones, I've just sold him for £16m to United on my save, and that was after barely giving him a game. Have they signed anyone decent of note to replace all the guys they sold?

Started my 3rd season in charge recently, and it's going well. Just had a 1-0 win over Arsenal at Goodison, to take my record for the season to 3 wins and a draw from 4 games. The one drawn game was at Old Trafford, and tbh, we should have won. Dominated them, and came very close to scoring, but just couldn't put a chance away. Was looking like it was going to be a similar story against Arsenal. Hit the post twice, Gylfi had a cracker from long range brilliantly saved, and I was beginning to lose hope, but up pops Nestor Conti in the 82nd minute to get us all 3 points. About to start my Champions League campaign too. A bit nervous really, as the group is tough. Gonna have to perform, and probably beat Bayern and Valencia in at least one of the ties, and get 6 points from FC Twente to get through. Not going to be easy, but I'm pretty confident I've got the squad to go far in the competition. We'll see!

Full First Season - 12/13 - Update

Carling Cup

I am just going highlight the important matches:

Semi finale: 1st Leg, we lost at home against West Ham United by 3-1. I wasn't at all impressed with the half time scoreline of 1-1 so showed my anger. That might have contributed to the second half performance. WHU took lead in the 50s then added another after we got down to 10 men due to a player getting injured after I used all the subs. Classic. Second leg, I went little bit attacking and it paid off with half time scoreline of 4-0 to us. WHU did get one goal but it was nothing more than consolation.

Final: We came against Chelsea side playing 4231 (two players in DM positions). I had hard time against them in the league when it came to possession but the final was slightly better for us. With the game 2-1 to us just before the 90 minute, I decided to go full defence using my third formation (5131) and took off most of my good players. And what do you know? They got a penatly in 94th minute! Hazard stood up and scored. 2-2. Extra time. I didn't have the right players to turn back to my first tactic so continued with the defensive formation in the hope it reaches penalties. It did. Heiteng, who my fourth PK taker, missed. John Terry scored their winning PK. What a way to lose a final. I thought we did better than them but they had luck and the referee in their side. Micky mouse cup so didn't really bother me.

FA Cup

The semi final was really tough. Championship side Watford were really determinted. I don't fair well against 352 formations. So it proved. The match ended 2-2 so another penatlies to decide our fortunes. Luckily this time we got the luck and won the penalty kicks. On the final.

Final: Against bitter rivals Liverpool under now Pellergeni (Malaga boss guy lol). I really really really raged at this game. We took a one-nil lead but Liverpool capitalized our defensive mistakes. One in normal time to make it 1-1 and another in extra 30 minutes to win by 2-1. One thing is lose out tactically but defenders making the most stupid mistakes is another. I absolutely hate that. But I guess it's football. Sh*t happens.

Premier League:

We were amazing in the league. So much so we were the favourites to win. However, the defining moments of the league turned against us. We got into real bad form due to players not handling the pressure ("Hoping not to let down the team for title" most of my players had that). I tried every way possible to play mind games with United and say they are the favourites. But so much you can hold on to that thought before it gets to you as a manager. So, I said Everton are gonna win the title. What followed was 1 win in the last 5 matches of the league. Having had 2 points lead, with so little to go, we ended up losing the title in the last day of the league. We needed to win our last match at home against Norwich and hope United fail to win against NUFC at Old Trafford. United easily beat Newcastle by 3-0 and we just barely managed to get a draw in the dying minutes. That meant, United won the league by 3 clear points. At least our draw secured 2nd place.

ryMXyeB.png

That's the table. I reay don't have the mood to put a better update. I feel sick seeing some of my players in the squad. Such let down. Cowards. Some real disappointing performances towards the end. I need first choice anchorman. Another CB and hopefully ship off Distin. He was good when the good was going but just can't handle pressure and cost me the FA cup along the league. I need quality attacking midfielder. If I can get top striker I would be delighted. Jelavic and Anichebe did very well but as soon as we reached the end tale of the title challenge they couldn't handle the pressure. Luckily our midfield was making up for the goals majority of the time. I'll ship one off and keep the other for back-up. It all depends on what we can get for transfer kitty. I don't expect much. May be 2m so we'll have to sell to get players.

To lose all three trophies in such manner is devastating. I didn't rage towards the end. I got that feeling of just crying. lol. Ohh well.

Should be good news that they got rid of Martin Kelly. Poor signing really mate, I mean signing Liverpool cast-offs is never a good thing ;)

Have they signed anyone decent of note to replace all the guys they sold?

!

Clearly Kelly was a bad choice due to his poor history, but i took pity on the lad and wanted to rehabilitate him!

They made 3 signings this season, which i cant check due to crappy steam having a strop with me! Plus there were more signings than sales last season

Archived