FM:13 From topdogs to underdogs, Rangers Football Club

lovenkrands01

Is there a main thread about Rangers? This came out first in a search.

It irritates me the attendances we and them are getting in this game. Their's are too high and ours are too low.

6 Seasons in now, and two in a row, and signed a shirt sponsorship deal for £160K per year. Aye right - like Rangers are only going to get 160K per year from the likes of Tennents!!

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the thread for updating on your Rangers save. If you have an issue you should lodge it in the bugs forum, might be a Rangers specific thread in there. I am sure somebody else mentioned the attendances earlier in here, not sure if he lodged it or got any info regarding it though.

Are they yet to arrive? The board will take these into account in their wage restrictions. Wait till pre-contract transfers arrive and it should be settled.

That my theory from previous FMs, not reached SPL yet.

Yeah when they arrived i was over the wage budget. I got rid of Shiels (just never performed for me and was 30), Litte & Sandazza to free up wages and can manouver in the market now.

Anyone ever had a tycoon takeover with Rangers? Is it even possible?

Theoretically it is possible. But as far as I'm aware of it hasn't happened to anyone on this thread yet. I was taken over by a consortium at the end of season 2, but there has been no cash injection.... in fact they're tighter with the pennies than the previous regime. But that's just my save, everyone's is different.

If you want to read a cool tycoon story head over to the Portsmouth thread where Tyoldinho was taken over by a tycoon whilst he was in League 1. His save is ridiculously cool. And as far as I'm aware of, he's the only one who's been taken over by a tycoon at Portsmouth too.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/328372-FM13-Portsmouth-FC-Still-No-Money-Still-No-Players!

I seem to have went a bit crazy in my 1st SPL transfer window. Got rid of Black, Shiels, Sandazza and Cole. I did manage to get some good free tranfers in though. Currently 9k under my wage budget and haver 2 wins and a draw in 1st 3 SPL games.

In January in my first season in the SPL. First OF game at home was a sickener,, got beat 2 - 0 ,, but I had 14 shots to their 6, a goal disallowed that looked as onside as their first,, hit the post on an open goal (player tried to smash it rather than just put it in).. a penalty declined,, probably one of the most one sided OF games yet still lost. In the return at th eirs tho beat them 3-1.

Celtic are away in front at the mo by about 10 points,, but Im 2nd place and just as far ahead of the team in 3rd. 2nd was more a realistic outcome first season back anyway and I have hit a run of poor form at the moment too :(. Not giving up totally tho wae still 2 OF games to go,, still time for them to bottle it.

Got 3 mil in Nov / Dec as well to spend. Brought in Simone Verdi as a utility winger ,, he's 2 footed and can play both wings which will come in handy as both templeton and ramsey are out injured. Also on loan shane ferguson from newcastle,, his contract up too and he's only after about 2k a week,, so treating his loan as a trial. Also brought in some italian CB my scouts highly recommended called Natalino

Highlight of my season so far tho has been the wee dutch lad I bought as a 17yr old during the embargo , tristan Berghuis,, he has scored 7 goals in 11 starts and has 6 asst's ,, his stats keep shooting up too :)

Has anyone actually sold Argyiou ? lol been trying for ages to offload him even for free,, got rid of sandaza tho and have shiels on the list too

Comming up to the embargo and the end of the window. Purely because I've decided to stick to some guidelines of developing players coming through the academy to help add a challenge early on I've signed nobody, and sold nobody despite strong interest from Hearts for Perry.

I've spoken to a number of players about getting wage cuts and increasing contract lengths already, however only McCulloch has agreed so far, to a £1k cut and a year extension. Spoke to a few of the young lads too but they want a 25% wage rise for the promotion and 15% a year wage rise and a daft wage rise after 20 games. All which I'm not ever going to agree too. I guess over the coarse of the year I may have to make sacrifices, especially as Alexander only has a year left.

Kane Hemmings is an interesting one curious as to what others have done with him. Due to his injury from the start I've set him for release. Not sure he can recover from it.

Decided to go for this system.

teamd.png

I feel this allows us to use all our key players at once (Templeton, Shiels, McCulloch and Black) while developing young lads like Aird and McKay. Urquart filling as back up centre back and left back unless both need covered. I really am not convinced wih Cribari. Aird took a 2 month injury just before the first game of the season but Naismith took that role and has played well enough. I prefer to have Little on the bench to cover both striker and AMR roles. Jamie Burrows also played well of the bench after injury to Sandaza and i can see the Spaniard having a tough time getting back into the team.

Only a few games in and my 100% record stands despite 2 cup games to division one sides, and having 10 men for 80 mins against Livi. Although we're playing much like Man Utd in real life. Constantly falling behind and clawing back to win.

Thats what I did wardog,, bar a 17yr old during the embargo in div2 I never bought or sold anyone until I got to Div1. Try McCulloch up front some times wae McKay as TM,,, scored shed loads for me in the 3rd and seemed to help McKay ,,,,,Burrows also fairly decent

Just won the div 2 in Feb.

25 games played, 80 scored, 5 against.

Now to give more youth a chance in the remaining games.

Also, got a shirt sponsorship deal. As mentioned before it must be a bug. You start off with two £1.3mil deals, I got one £472k deal till 2019. Pretty poor, o I'm hoping they go up when I reach the SPL, as opposed to what I've heard they go down.

Just beat Celtic 3-1 at away, in the Scottish Cup, (2nd season). Outplayed in the first 30mins, but then made the most of counters. Wee McKay put his 22nd and 23rd goals away like a champ. Currently he's got 23 goals in 20(5) all comps. Only started using him due to injuries, and he's developed so well.

Thats what I did wardog,, bar a 17yr old during the embargo in div2 I never bought or sold anyone until I got to Div1. Try McCulloch up front some times wae McKay as TM,,, scored shed loads for me in the 3rd and seemed to help McKay ,,,,,Burrows also fairly decent

I was in a huge debate with myself on where to play the big man. Playing him upfront would allow Hutton/McLeod a chance. But would stop McKay or Burrows really getting a go. Given my system anyways. The reason I went for the midfield role as a BWM was purely based on my strong dislike of the target man role.

I'm not 100% convinced of some of the young lads yet if I'm honest. Maybe need to get Lee tutoring them.

Won the Scottish cup, 2nd season. Beating Hearts 4-0 in the final. destroyed them, and with 10 men.

Next season, div1. Just want to get to the SPL already!

Edit: Come June 2014, looked at contracts. Wallace wants 24,000 and Temps wants 12,000. I don't need to renew but wanted to see their demands. Wallace is valued at £2.5mil so will move him on I think.

Best part was Alexander wanted £600pw down from £6000!! Legend.

Comming up to the embargo and the end of the window. Purely because I've decided to stick to some guidelines of developing players coming through the academy to help add a challenge early on I've signed nobody, and sold nobody despite strong interest from Hearts for Perry.

I've spoken to a number of players about getting wage cuts and increasing contract lengths already, however only McCulloch has agreed so far, to a £1k cut and a year extension. Spoke to a few of the young lads too but they want a 25% wage rise for the promotion and 15% a year wage rise and a daft wage rise after 20 games. All which I'm not ever going to agree too. I guess over the coarse of the year I may have to make sacrifices, especially as Alexander only has a year left.

Kane Hemmings is an interesting one curious as to what others have done with him. Due to his injury from the start I've set him for release. Not sure he can recover from it.

Decided to go for this system.

teamd.png

I feel this allows us to use all our key players at once (Templeton, Shiels, McCulloch and Black) while developing young lads like Aird and McKay. Urquart filling as back up centre back and left back unless both need covered. I really am not convinced wih Cribari. Aird took a 2 month injury just before the first game of the season but Naismith took that role and has played well enough. I prefer to have Little on the bench to cover both striker and AMR roles. Jamie Burrows also played well of the bench after injury to Sandaza and i can see the Spaniard having a tough time getting back into the team.

Only a few games in and my 100% record stands despite 2 cup games to division one sides, and having 10 men for 80 mins against Livi. Although we're playing much like Man Utd in real life. Constantly falling behind and clawing back to win.

What did you do with Faure and Gasparotto?

I was in a huge debate with myself on where to play the big man. Playing him upfront would allow Hutton/McLeod a chance. But would stop McKay or Burrows really getting a go. Given my system anyways. The reason I went for the midfield role as a BWM was purely based on my strong dislike of the target man role.

I'm not 100% convinced of some of the young lads yet if I'm honest. Maybe need to get Lee tutoring them.

Would depend I guess on the tactic you want to go with. I normally just played a 4-4-2 and put Jig with either McKay or Burrows as a TM and used them as either a poacher or advanced forward,, by the time I got half way through the 2nd Div,, Burrows and McKay where a partnership on their own.

The young players that did really well for me where,, Burrows, McKay, Gasporroto, Hegarty, Ramsey and MacLeod (although Macloud I sent out on loan when I got to the spl),,,, the rest all doing well in SPL now too.

Faure has played a couple of games with Hegarty being injured, however he got sent off in his first outing inside 10 mins so will need to impress me now. Gasparotto has been put on training to improve positioning. I don't trust defenders with 8 positioning.

Would depend I guess on the tactic you want to go with. I normally just played a 4-4-2 and put Jig with either McKay or Burrows as a TM and used them as either a poacher or advanced forward,, by the time I got half way through the 2nd Div,, Burrows and McKay where a partnership on their own.

The young players that did really well for me where,, Burrows, McKay, Gasporroto, Hegarty, Ramsey and MacLeod (although Macloud I sent out on loan when I got to the spl),,,, the rest all doing well in SPL now too.

Ramsey does look good although i haven't played him yet. May try loan him and MacLeod out. Burrows definately looks like he has goals in him so hoping him and MacKay both develop well. Using a lone striker clearly only one is going to get game time so heres hoping they can compete well enough.

Well my first season back in the SPL finished with me 2nd by 9 points. Not too bad as by end of Jan I was 15 points at one point,, then celtic seemed to bottle it (freakishly realistic lol),, I hit form and by the time of the last OF it was a 6 point gap,,unfortunately lost 1-0 more or less giving them the title with only 3 games left and a better GD,,,, honestly believe had we won that game would have gone on to win lg.

Won the Scot Cup tho beating St Mirren 6 - 1 in the final,, and got to the semi of the lg cup,,so not too bad a season back in the top flight.

McKay got 24 goals

Berghuis finished 2nd top scorer with 11 goals in 19 starts and 10 assts,, even got call up to Holland U21's.

The wee lad Ramsey did ok too for the SPL wae 7 goals

Some rebuilding needed now for next season with a few moving on now,,,shiels, Argyiou, black, hutton

But optimistic as not far off already with a team made up of mainly the youngsters

I think Faure is magnificent! One of my most consistent defenders, every season he has averaged a very solid 7.something. Gasparotto I didn't have much time for and sold him in the first season as he wasn't going to break into my first team.

Faure is probably our best player in FM2013. He's doing so well for me the media are calling for him to be called up to the French NT. After my third season Gasparotto is in my first team and is going to be a good player for me.

Been reading this thread for a while so thought I'd do a quick post. I've offloaded most of the senior players during the first season as I felt youth was the way forward. Be able to play any kids and give them solid game time in the lowest leagues. Into season two and all players coming on leaps and bounds. Average age on any given game day is about 19 at most. Watching the potential stars change constantly and going up and down. Will post more detail later.

I'm into my fifth or six season now, won back-to-back SPL titles with a squad the average age of 21. Done a 'Helicopter Sunday' in my second season in the SPL :D

Also in the CL I reached the quarter finals, having dumped Bayern Munich in the last 16 I genuinely thought I had a chance to at least make the final. I got a decent draw in Leverkusen. However, they drew 2-2 at Ibrox and we lost 2-1 in Leverkusen.

My team is virtually unrecognisable:

Butland

Rudolph ®

Hamill ®

Faure

Wallace

Mathiesen ®

Carswell

Miki ®

Reiman ®

Sinclair ®

Cano ®

® = Regen. Two of those regens came out of Murray Park in Hamill (Rated 5 star PA) and Sinclair (Top scorer in the CL that season).

Half thinking about dropping out in third this season so I can do what Walter didn't and lift the UEFA Cup.

How's everyone's sponsorship deals going? Eg.kit sponsorships

No matter what season your in, could you post the figures.

I got a news item, end of 2nd season, that Hearts top the sponsorship deals. An issue with the Old Firm?

Does it sort itself out later?

Theoretically it is possible. But as far as I'm aware of it hasn't happened to anyone on this thread yet. I was taken over by a consortium at the end of season 2, but there has been no cash injection.... in fact they're tighter with the pennies than the previous regime. But that's just my save, everyone's is different.

If you want to read a cool tycoon story head over to the Portsmouth thread where Tyoldinho was taken over by a tycoon whilst he was in League 1. His save is ridiculously cool. And as far as I'm aware of, he's the only one who's been taken over by a tycoon at Portsmouth too.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/328372-FM13-Portsmouth-FC-Still-No-Money-Still-No-Players!

Yeah, it was kind of the Portsmouth thread that inspired me to ask the question :) Would be so cool (no offense to Portsmouth) if it happened with Rangers.

So, in Div1 and Templetons contract runs out at the end of the season. He wants £18,000pw and the agent wants a huge fee. He's currently on £10,000 due to stupid clauses but I can only offer him £11,000. Really want to keep him, but no way in hell am I going to give him anything over £12,000.

My next highest earner is on £6,000pw, so I want to keep wages down. My total wages pw is the lowest at £67k pw. Don't want to spend much more and don't need too. Coasted the 2nd Div, all wins, besides 2 draws and feel it will be the same for Div 1.

Scouting was expanded for Europe, but most of the Europeans want £2-4k pw to move, basically showing hey really don't want to move yet. At a big club that's fine, but I won't pay those wages. My group of Scottish newgens are developing nicely and are only in the hundreds of pounds pw.

I hope they adjust fullback newgens. Very rare to find one with good crossing/dribbling.

So, in Div1 and Templetons contract runs out at the end of the season. He wants £18,000pw and the agent wants a huge fee. He's currently on £10,000 due to stupid clauses but I can only offer him £11,000. Really want to keep him, but no way in hell am I going to give him anything over £12,000.

My next highest earner is on £6,000pw, so I want to keep wages down. My total wages pw is the lowest at £67k pw. Don't want to spend much more and don't need too. Coasted the 2nd Div, all wins, besides 2 draws and feel it will be the same for Div 1.

Scouting was expanded for Europe, but most of the Europeans want £2-4k pw to move, basically showing hey really don't want to move yet. At a big club that's fine, but I won't pay those wages. My group of Scottish newgens are developing nicely and are only in the hundreds of pounds pw.

I hope they adjust fullback newgens. Very rare to find one with good crossing/dribbling.

£18k :O the disappointment with players with agents again. Really annoying that.

To be honest I'd look into selling him quickly if you could. Not sure if thats even possible. Really don't want to be bloating the wage budget yet as you said. Until CL football wages are hard to manage.

In terms of signing players from the continent unless their really good i just wouldn't be doing it. Although i like to develop with homegrown talent.

Yeah same, I'm finding quite a lot of Scottish/Northern Ireland talent. And to top it off both my intakes (only had 2) have been really good. I want to maintain a high level of HG players and 'true academy' HG players.

EDIT:

Brought Chris Burke back, free season long loan. First game 1 goal, 4 assists!

Some additional financial information:

Div 2 2013-14

Price per ticket: £15

Price per season ticket: £319

Season tickets sold: 37657

Therefore, 37657x£319 = £12mil

Div 1 2014-15

Price per ticket: £25

Price per season ticket: £505

Season tickets sold: 39265

Therefore, 39265x£505 =£19.8mil

Good to see a change in pricing and income. Just broke gate receipt record first game of season, first round Challenge Cup - £1.3mil

Should tell you in club information.

Think it's 2 September 2013.

You can get loans and free transfers after the window closes.

Thanks mate, you were right.

Only player I've signed so far is Mark Schwarzer on a free.

Currently top of the league, winning all 3 games - scoring 9 conceeding 0. Happy days! Also still in the cups, got Celtic away in the League Cup though.

Just "had" to delete my otherwise good Arsenal save and thinking of starting a long-term Rangers one up. Just one question: anyone got any feedback on how the finances etc develop once you're back in the SPL? What I'm really asking is how long does it take - barring any sick regen signings - to compete with and beat Celtic? :)

2nd season in SPL and just missed out on title on the last day of the season,, so getting closer lol. Had a big exodus of players this year tho with Shields, Black, Hutton, little and Argyouri all going for free with exception of Little where I only got 120K which I used to bring in Gary Fisher from Dundee Unt. So basically a whole new midfield this yr.

The Board are really starting to **** me off tho. For my 2nd SPL season even tho I had euro footie again they gave me nothing to spend in the summer other than what was left over from the 2mil November cash,,,which was about 400k lol.

Now as I go into the summer before what will be my 3rd season in SPL they again give me nothing ,, and only just put up the wage budget to cover the increase due to contract renewals. I just got a new kit sponsor deal that increased the revenue from 400k a season to 1.3mil a season,, and yet no extra cash ??,, I again have euro footie ,, I have cut wages as much as possible,, I think only templeton and McKay are on 12k (wallace left for free so gave the extra to McKay to keep him) all the rest are on below 10k with an average around the 5k mark. I have a small squad too made up with youngsters making up the numbers in areas needed or the odd free loan player,,, and to make matters worse every summer they drop the % from sales right down to about 10 or 20% and refuse to budge on it,, so cant even really sell to generate funds either! :(

McKay now worth 5mil

Templeton - 3mil

Russell - 2.2mil

Hegarty - 1.6mil

Faure - 2.6mil

*** Tristan Berghaus 3mil ,,, cant recommend him enough. Got for 40k age 17 from PSV,,just had another great season 11 goals and 11 asst's 4 MOM's ****

Oh well on to another boring transfer window of watching old popcorn teeth at celtic spending like crazy again while I sit on my hands ,, probably get another wee token input in Nov again but I'd rather have the summer to rebuild in and not lose half a season :(

Growing tired of my save with Rangers. As KingCarlsen, I've had 3 back to back promotions, but the board is so stingy with the transfer and wage budget. Kills the game for me, like. Sold Wallace for £6 millions (well actually my DoF gave the final nod) only to discover that the board had adjusted the %-transfer rev. to 10%.

Yeah, but what's your other finances? Your wage bill may be too high.

Tbh, you can't afford to buy players with Rangers till a few seasons in the SPL. I mean big purchases.

Get pre-contracts and free transfers. Sometimes waiting for a player to be released will mean you can get him on the cheap.

I'm enjoying this save as I'm developing youth, mainly Scottish as they don't ask for much. Probably the best intakes I've seen from Scottish clubs in this years FM. Snap them up for under £80k on £300-500pw.

Then your first team gets additions through free transfers, cheap transfer or a promotion of youth.

After the back to back promotions, finally in the SPL.

Div3 - P:36 - W:32 - D:2 - L:2

Div2 - P:36 - W:34 - D:2 - L:0

Div1 - P:36 - W:29 - D:6 - L:1

Div1: Signings

Kenny McLean: £975k Compensation

Has great attributes in key areas but only got 6 assists in 28 games, not good enough rating, so loaned out to Bolton in SPL season.

Paul McGowen: Free

Sold end of season £200k, played poorly, didn't get many opportunities.

Darren McGregor : Free

Sold end of season £325k, got better DC/DM cover. Played well when needed but more rotation.

Ryan Gauld : £500k

Been on loan since the start, now officially own him. Gets more sub appearances than starts. 4.5 star PA

Kevin Thomson : Free

Didn't need him, only played a bit and was used as a tutor to my newgens. Only had a year long contract so was let go.

Yassine Jebbour : Free

Brought in to be used at RB as didn't have many options. Only played 12 games, as my Scottish newgen surpassed him. Got sold for £100k

Then a tonne of Scottish and Northern Irish newgens. All together now in the first season of the SPL I have 2 5 star newgens, 13 4.5 star, and heaps of 4 star.

GarethDallas_OverviewAttributes-2_zps561c6a2d.png

HG through academy. Loaned out as a key member for Sheff Utd. 4.5 star PA

DarrenSmith_OverviewAttributes-4_zps626b257c.png

HG through academy. The main man, scores for fun but will be used as rotation to Russell and McKay.

AllanCuthbert_OverviewAttributes-3_zps816627f8.png

My favourite newgen currently. Got plenty of time in the lower divs surpassing Alexander.

NeilHewitt_OverviewAttributes-2_zps29900138.png

My favourite outfield newgen atm. Stole the RB position and doesn't buckle under pressure. Mature for his age.

1st Season SPL signings.

Jermaine Jones : Free

A destroyer of a DM. Still amazing attributes and I'm only paying him £2500pw as he wanted a U19 Manager/Player combo. Still has 14 pace, 18 marking, tackling and high mental attributes. Will be a good tutor.

Johnny Russell : Free

We all know about him.

Jamie Ness : Free

Waited till he was released so his demands were much lower.

Gael Kakuta : Free

Waited till he got released so his demands were lower. Replacement for Templeton whose agent hated me. Will probably be sold after a season or two.

Plus more talented newgens for cheap.

It's not all doom and gloom I suppose. I am managing to sign some players but it's like I'm not signing players I want anymore, I'm signing anyone I can. During pre-season I had strikers ingoal and a squad of about 13.

Had some decent free signings though like you say. Arturo Lupoli was fantastic for me last year scoring 27 in 25. Signed Kakuta who's been good so far, and Rasmus Lindgren who's also done well. Just finalised a deal for Lorenzo Ebecilio who looks very good.

Recommendation for the first season all the way up to the SPL; Damien Boudjemaa. Bought for 80k in the first season he's won my player of the year in each season. Bargain.

Archived