FM:13 From topdogs to underdogs, Rangers Football Club

lovenkrands01

Yeah, probably take a few champions league group stages to get some decent money. But I prefer building with youth, because you can always sell them for huge profit if needed.

Got two more free transfer at the end of window.

- Ben Foster

- Koray Günter

Smithies was free but already got Foster. Great keeper for first season back.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your wage budget and current wage bill?

First season and Celtic are £22mil pa, where I'm £5mil pa. Just over £100k pw which I'm not happy about. A lot of the youth need new contracts and want £1-2k pw for the best prospects. All adds up, and I'm not loaning players out til they get HG status. Currently have around 8-10 players loaned out. Got heaps of interest for my youth.

Foster truly is amazing for this league, so glad I forked out £14k pw for him. Finding it difficult atm as I think I brought in too many players as the youth really wasn't ready. Fairly inconsistent with some games drawing nil all, and othesr dominating 3-0. Once the team gels I should be fine, also refined my tactics.

Ness and Ross have been poor, I really need a top play maker to play alongside Jones the Destroyer.

So many positions I want to improve, just don't want to blow the wage bill out.

1st season back in the SPL and its not going so well. Currently in mid Feb abd sit 2nd, level on points with Aberdeen. Celtic are way ahead in 1st by 16 points.

Jamie Ness & John Fleck haven't really performed that well. That is probably my fault though for not playing them in thier best role.

EDIT: on the bright side though i just dumped Celtic out of the Scotish cup 1/4 final with a 4-2 victory at Ibrox. The best bit was that we we got a dodgy penalty desicion. Lennon blew his top and the SFA stayed silent. :-)

Haha nice, yeah they are 10 pts ahead of me after 11 games, but I knew I wouldn't be able to win the title first season back.

If I take a step back my squad is incredibly thin, but I want to keep the wage bill low.

Surprisingly though, the board just gave me a £5.5mil transfer budget on November 1st 2015, yet we are losing money each month.....

Am currently in my fifth season now.

Won Divs 3,2,1 and finished 2nd by a long way to Celtic in first season back in SPL.

Second season is even harder than the first - had a second transfer embargo which lasted nearly 2 months whilst a proposed takeover was to go ahead, but low and behold that never came to anything.

Celtic just get stronger each season and its impossible to catch them when the max you can offer is £15k a week and only have a couple of million to spend.

Out of original squad the only ones left playing for me now are - Faure, Gasporotto, Little, McKay and Naismith I think off the top of my head.

Managed to get Suso on a free, along with a fantastic Austrian regen called Ze - possibility could be world class.

It all sounds a familiar story in the SPL then,,, but for the guys who are almost about ready for giving up,, finally I have just been given some cash,,, it does happen. In season 6 and its Nov and the Board just gave me 8.5mil !!! kind of in shock tbh lol,, mind you my wage budget is used up so I will have to use some of it for that unless they get really generous or sell some players off. Wish they had gave me it in the summer,, turned down a 6.5mil up front offer for Berghuis as I had nothing to play with and the % fm sales was at 10%,,what I could have done wae all that lol.

My 3rd SPL season going ok ,, im currently sitting 3rd after 11 games on 25points, celtic 2nd with 26 points and Hearts on top on 27points. Im in the semi of the lg cup (celtic already out ) and euro cup not doing too shabby either.

Got handed a tough group of Arsenal,Athletic Club B, and Maritimo ,, but so far a draw with the gunners in a game at Ibrox where we hit the woodwork 3 times also ,, and wins home and away against the other two,, sitting pretty top of the table :)

Now a rare problem ,, what to do with some cash for a change,, who to sell who to buy,, spend in January or keep to the summer ,, that's the question

First SPL season, mid way through. Seriously infuriating game. I have the best players on paper 2nd to Celtic yet, they either can't defend for a game, or can't score. It's so inconsistent, same players, same formation, and adjusting to the opposition. Kakuta, who started well has turned into taking shots from miles out that end up out of the stadium.

The obscenities I've yelled at him, haha....

Have his settings to adjust this, and trying to train it out of him, but my god, what a moron. If after 40 attempts you don't get any on target, don't keep doing it!!

Well i have just had my youth intake in the 1st season back in SPL. lot of rubbish defenders and midfielders (annoyed about the mids as i could use a few good prospects there). Interestingly though i got about 5 strikers through, 4 of them 4.5 potential and one 5 star potential.

Going to have a look at the strikers in the summer and see who i can offload and give these young lads the best chance i can.

Season 4 – SPL

League

Pl: 38 w: 22 dr: 10 l: 6 – pts 76 (ended up only 1 points off Celtic who only one 2 of their last 10 games)

Pretty good 1st season back in the SPL. If I had known Celtic would fall off so badly at the end I wouldn’t have given so many young lads a run at the end.

Cups

League cup – lost 3-2 to ST Johnstone in the 3rd round

Scottish cup – Won the cup. Beat Hibs 2-1 In the final. Also knocked Celtic out 4-2 in the ¼ finals

Transfers in

Jamie Ness – free (Stoke)

Liam O’Neil – free (West Brom)

John Fleck – free ( Coventry)

Sergio Martins – free

Loic Lamarque - free

Plus a few young lads from the HOYD

Players out

Dean Shiels – Peterborough – 120K

Ian Black – Preston – 130K

Francisco Sandazza – Sabbadell – 55K

Darren Cole - released

Plus lots & lots of young lads on loans

Players of note

Barrie McKay: Pl: 30(4) gls: 22 asst: 6 avg rat: 7.36

Sergio Martins: Pl: 35 gls: 22 asst: 12 avg rat: 7.49

Ross Perry: Pl: 2 gls: 4 asst: 0 avg rat: 7.60

Sebastien Faure: Pl: 36 gls: 1 asst: 2 avg rat: 7.71

David Templeton: Pl: 39 gls: 7 asst: 17 avg rat: 7.26

Next season goals

Hopefully challenge Celtic for the SPL. Improve the squad for my European adventure. Also need to figure out a way to give my 4.5/5 star potential youth strikers games time (would rather it be here than on loan)

Jeez season 2 is going to be the hardest in the SPL. i have a transfer budget of 160K (which will buy me nothing) & a wage budget og 160K p?w (which i am already spending).

After converting all the transfer budget to wages i managed to resign my staff (pretty much all their contracts were up) and thats me over the wage budget. I cant resign Templeton whos contract is up this year. :-(

Hopefully one the season ticket sales are done i can improve the wage and transfer budgets and strengthen the side.

EDIT: for some reason the bookies have just made me favourites for the league. It is pretty unusual seeing as i am selling people left, right & centre in order to balance the wage bill.

Well i have just had my youth intake in the 1st season back in SPL. lot of rubbish defenders and midfielders (annoyed about the mids as i could use a few good prospects there). Interestingly though i got about 5 strikers through, 4 of them 4.5 potential and one 5 star potential.

Going to have a look at the strikers in the summer and see who i can offload and give these young lads the best chance i can.

Seriously, every intake I get a promising striker. I just want some defenders!

I had one intake where I got two very promising midfielders, but still got a striker. I think every intake I've had, I got a 4+ PA star striker. Sucks that I play one up front. Darren Smith (as seen above) has come along leaps and bounds and taken over that spot from Russell though. Will retrain some of the others to inside forwards, AMR/AML

Just promoted to 1st division, talk of financial problems during the summer though they were not taking into account the season ticket money which hadn't arrived yet. Projected balance went from -£6M in summer to £11M in August.

I arranged about 7 friendlies with big clubs and after fee to play them we get at least £350K per game added to the coffers. Man Utd yet to come and they should generate £1M minus fee. Gate receipts previous year £3.5M, end of July this year £4.6M. Might be an idea for some who are struggling. Pain playing so many friendlies though.

Sent 15 youth players out on loan to various clubs, average age of squad is about 21 and starting to really develop some decent players. Playing a fairly standard 4-4-2 and think I'm missing a good tactic to really set things off. Played Dortmund in a friendly and got beat 6 - 0, could have been 10. They played excellent football and I may try to adapt something similar to them.

Just promoted to 1st division, talk of financial problems during the summer though they were not taking into account the season ticket money which hadn't arrived yet. Projected balance went from -£6M in summer to £11M in August.

I arranged about 7 friendlies with big clubs and after fee to play them we get at least £350K per game added to the coffers. Man Utd yet to come and they should generate £1M minus fee. Gate receipts previous year £3.5M, end of July this year £4.6M. Might be an idea for some who are struggling. Pain playing so many friendlies though.

Sent 15 youth players out on loan to various clubs, average age of squad is about 21 and starting to really develop some decent players. Playing a fairly standard 4-4-2 and think I'm missing a good tactic to really set things off. Played Dortmund in a friendly and got beat 6 - 0, could have been 10. They played excellent football and I may try to adapt something similar to them.

I always felt that would damage morale too much, but at the end of the day the money is needed. I guess if you play 1-2 games at the end against minnows, your morale will be boosted.

The projected finance section is really poor. Take no notice of it. You can make more accurate projections yourself when you look into the finances. Over my Div1-3 campaign the lowest I got was £3mil overdraft due to wages, that I reduced the following season. Season tickets increase as does the price per season ticket, and the projected finance section doesn't seem to implement this.

I don't get the wage total projection either, it's pretty bad.

Don't underestimate the SPL, eg. With youth. I presumed I would be comfortable but finding it difficult atm (middle 1st season). I think that's mainly due to so many new faces in the squad though.

Just finished my 5th season (2nd back in SPL).

Couldnt even manage to finish 2nd, losing out to Dundee Utd. Something is clearly wrong when my top valued player is worth £3.2m and Dundee Utd have four players worth more and Celtic have at least 10 worth more than that.

Wondering whether to simply give it up, cant see me ever catching Celtic - not with £3m in the bank and £120 a week wage budget! :-(

Just realised i have really screwed up. due the poor transfer budget and wage budget at start of season 2 i decided to sell some players so i could adjust the wage budget and bring in some free transfers. Unfortunately i am still over the wage budget and can only offer peanuts to players.

Allk this has left me with only 20 players for the season. really hoping i can convince the board to up the wage budget before market closes.

It's actually pretty challenging once in the SPL. I enjoyed the SFLs as it was dead easy and I could develop youth.

Taking on what people have said, the main objective is to keep that wage budget low.

Anyone gone 3-5 season in the SPL?

Things are looking brighter. Just beat FC Twente 4-4 (away goals) to get to the group stages of the Europa cup. This was a great result as i was 4-1 down from the first leg at their place.

Hopefully this form stays in the league.

Just passing mid season and I'm finding form, the strikers are scoring, the midfield creating chances and the defence are defending. Oh, and Ben Foster is doing all the simple things and more.

I think I need to add a few faces but promote the youth more as a lack of team chemistry seems to destroy any kind of form.

I have 4 newgens in the first team, with another arriving on a bosman. Splashed the cash on a 20yr old newgen midfielder that is better than anyone I have.

Hopefully next season, 2nd SPL season, I will ship some of the dead wood out and loan out a huge amount of youth. A tonne of youth obtain HG status in early 2016, so after that they can finally leave.

How is your team, form and finances going?

Well just got through some of the pre-season last night, didnt really manage to make many signings (mainly up and coming regens), not had season ticket monies in full as yet. Only got £3m in bank and £120k a week for wages.

Only original players still in first team are Faure, Little, Naismith and McKay.

Templeton gone to Hudds on a free, wanted £20k a week that couldnt justify. Just sold Hutton and let Argyirou go. Sold Wordsworth (got him from Colchester on a free) for £1m, and sold Owain Fon Williams (free from Tranmere) for £250k.

Will see how this season goes, but might be my last to be honest, as its utterly pointless trying to catch a team that are pretty much not their to be caught!

I think the best bet is to strike it lucky with a newgen/s. Have him develop to an amazing level so your team is better or sell him at that level, therefore making a heap of cash.

I sold one I knew I couldn't develop for £325k plus 50% next profit. He was valued at £33k, and PA 2.5 star. I think I bought him for £22k (Northern Ireland club).

I remember in an old FM I made monthly profits by simply becoming a selling club, and its probably a good road to go down this version. My intakes have been great, Scottish newgens are incredibly easy and cheap to snatch up on/near creation date, and a lot of talent gets released by clubs.

Note: Instead of offering them what they want (eg. £1k pw) offer them a trial, their demands may be reduced but in many cases u18s ask for a youth contract when at the club (£30pw).

Well just got through some of the pre-season last night, didnt really manage to make many signings (mainly up and coming regens), not had season ticket monies in full as yet. Only got £3m in bank and £120k a week for wages.

Only original players still in first team are Faure, Little, Naismith and McKay.

Templeton gone to Hudds on a free, wanted £20k a week that couldnt justify. Just sold Hutton and let Argyirou go. Sold Wordsworth (got him from Colchester on a free) for £1m, and sold Owain Fon Williams (free from Tranmere) for £250k.

Will see how this season goes, but might be my last to be honest, as its utterly pointless trying to catch a team that are pretty much not their to be caught!

Same happened to me with Templeton, but in the Div1 season ending. Wanted a stupid amount I couldn't even offer despite loving the club and me.

Faure develops into an amazing defender, Gasparotto is now a 4star DC for me, McKay was amazing in Div1/2, but hasn't gotten many games due to my newgen, Darren Smith. McKay has been trained to play AMR though, so he gets more chances. Perry is still with me, but will be sold soon as I have Hanlon, Gasparotto, Günter and Faure, plus newgens.

Looks like Ness will be sold too, as he's played poorly and now won't get a chance with new signing for next season, and Kenny McLean returning from loan.

Anyone notice Hendrie is a bad trainer. I swear everytime I check his attributes there are red arrows, yet my assistant says he's developing well.

Well from a Europa group of Rangers Arsenal, Athletic Club B (which still had balenziaga and Muniain ), and Maritimo I just came through it and not only qualified but won the Group too,, beating Arsenal at the Emirates in the last game of the group, a Ramsey goal in the first half getting us a 1-0 win :)

Got AC Milan in the first knockout stage ,, dont fancy my chances there much lol.

Well from a Europa group of Rangers Arsenal, Athletic Club B (which still had balenziaga and Muniain ), and Maritimo I just came through it and not only qualified but won the Group too,, beating Arsenal at the Emirates in the last game of the group, a Ramsey goal in the first half getting us a 1-0 win :)

Got AC Milan in the first knockout stage ,, dont fancy my chances there much lol.

Congrats mate! Bet the Champs money is welcomed. Ramsey still with you? Any of the others?

Jeez i am getting really annoyed by this 3 u21 players in the matchday squad.

I live in Australia so dont get to follow the games and rules as much i would like but werent they going to get rid of that a few years ago?

Not sure, but 77% of my 'Senior Squad' is U19. I remember in a previous version it got annoying as I didn't have good enough youth.

Fellow Aussie here.

Not sure, but 77% of my 'Senior Squad' is U19. I remember in a previous version it got annoying as I didn't have good enough youth.

Fellow Aussie here.

Yeah i should be ok but allowed pretty much my whole youth and reserve team to go on loan.

I am originally from Scotland but live in Brisbane. Where are you form?

Im halfway through the first season. Currently 17 points clear at the top.

For anyone just starting I can recommend getting HOGAN EPHRAIM in on loan from QPR he's ripping it up. Top scorer for me so far with 21 goals. Playing him as an IF. Also highly recommend Mark Yeates from Watford, can sign him for around £80k.

I have just realised after looking through the good player/team forum that the Will Hughes, of Derby, i have in my team may turn out to be a superstar. The best bit is that i got him for free on a bosman.

I am currently playing him in the AMR (and he is doing great) role but think playing him as a CM, Advanced playmaker support, will be better for him.

Just gave a 38 year old Alexander a new 2 year contract. Not something i would do normally but in light of his commitment to the club IRL i could do no less.

Also in the few matches he has played so far he has been pretty solid.

Yeah i should be ok but allowed pretty much my whole youth and reserve team to go on loan.

I am originally from Scotland but live in Brisbane. Where are you form?

Born in Australia, Adelaide. Both parents from Glasgow. The land of the immigrants.

I am a recent immigrant ( moved with my Aussie wife in 2003). I love the sporting culture over here. despite not knowing what cricket was a few years ago i have really got into it.

Hopefullly though the A league can sustain itself for quite a few years yet. Although i am doubtfoul if the clubs are economically viable.

Hi all,

I'm doing a Rangers save now.......but with a Twist. I'm only allowing myself to use/sign Scottish players/staff, challenges seems a bit easy otherwise so this should make it more interesting, also it should start easy and get harder (opposite to most FM saves).

So far played half a season, unbeaten, signed £550k worth of players before the embargo came in, team isn't bad but as others have said the losing of £1m+ a month seems a bit crazy.

Anyway I'll keep you all updated, going to be tricky to win the CL with a pure Scottish team....

Yeah, but I love going this time of year. Nice sunny weather and beer while watching football. All they can do is develop local talent, the money isn't there.

After the patch I went on a run without conceding. Played some great football, still won't catch Celtic though, I think they are still unbeaten.

Bought another Croatian newgen, aged 20, RB. Watson is 3 star, this guy comes in at 4star with more potential to fill haha. I don't have Croatia loaded, and have Large database, so the newgens that come through are normally developed or get two season of first team football. Also, the two I got had release clauses after they signed another contract. Will post them soon.

Definitely worth scouting Croatia.

Hi all,

I'm doing a Rangers save now.......but with a Twist. I'm only allowing myself to use/sign Scottish players/staff, challenges seems a bit easy otherwise so this should make it more interesting, also it should start easy and get harder (opposite to most FM saves).

So far played half a season, unbeaten, signed £550k worth of players before the embargo came in, team isn't bad but as others have said the losing of £1m+ a month seems a bit crazy.

Anyway I'll keep you all updated, going to be tricky to win the CL with a pure Scottish team....

Will be all roses until you hit the SPL. Try and poach as many Scottish newgens as you can. Offer them a trial before signing to get a better deal/and report. I did this and now am reaping the rewards as the Scottish clubs seem to produce some good talent this FM. Can usually get them from £20k-60k.

While in the low divs you can play them fairly often, so they develop fast.

I have just realised after looking through the good player/team forum that the Will Hughes, of Derby, i have in my team may turn out to be a superstar. The best bit is that i got him for free on a bosman.

I am currently playing him in the AMR (and he is doing great) role but think playing him as a CM, Advanced playmaker support, will be better for him.

Good Choice, I have him playing IF on the right wing and has just grabbed 27 goals in 38 games for me in the SPL. Defs my best buy ever!

Congrats mate! Bet the Champs money is welcomed. Ramsey still with you? Any of the others?

Cheers,, and yes mate I still have a lot of the original squad. Im not for spending tight cash on players if they aint any better than what I have.

Still have,,, Faure, Urquart , Hegarty, Perry (although trying to sell),, Gasporotta , Lewis Macloud (just back fm 2yr loan), Ramsey, Templeton, Burrows and McKay :)

How you getting on?

MatejBenic_OverviewAttributes-3_zpsd32a16a3.png

After moving to the SPL, the midfielders I had simply couldn't penetrate defences and lost the ball a fair bit. Benic was kind of a panic buy, but also someone I really needed and know that I can make a large profit off.

He joins already better than my midfielders (by quite some distance) and has room to improve.

MiljenkoStorga_OverviewAttributes-2_zps0a61c9eb.png

This lad signed a new contract with a £1mil foreign club release clause. I was tracking him for a while so jumped at the chance. Comes straight into the first team being 1star CA better than what I have. Watson still gets games though, but may be moved on as Hewitt (newgen posted in this topic) is developing well.

Cheers,, and yes mate I still have a lot of the original squad. Im not for spending tight cash on players if they aint any better than what I have.

Still have,,, Faure, Urquart , Hegarty, Perry (although trying to sell),, Gasporotta , Lewis Macloud (just back fm 2yr loan), Ramsey, Templeton, Burrows and McKay :)

How you getting on?

I'm in first season of the SPL and doing well, but no where near Celtic. I still have Faure, Urquart (out on loan, averaging 7.22 St. Mirren, 3rd in League), Hegarty (out on loan, will be used as backup next season), Perry (on loan, will sell after), Gasporotta, Ramsey (out on loan) and McKay.

I prefer using newgens as I have no idea of their potential, whereas I have a rough idea of real players potential.

Faure will most likely never be sold as he is immense.

Urquart will probably be used next season but I have Hanlon, Gasp, Faure and Günter for DCs, with newgens coming through.

Gasp is Faure's partner in most games. Dominant in the air. Developed very well.

Ramsey was developing well under Burkes tutelage, but since going out on loan he hasn't looked great.

McKay is now backup/rotation due to my HG newgen, Darren Smith.

I only buy youth and if I can really enhance the squad (the Croatians above). I only really buy newgens, and get others through pre-contracts and free transfers. Just going to build slowly with my youth.

Agree youth is definitely the way to go in this one. And I get what your saying about the regens,, I normally try and avoid them as it sometimes feels a little less realistic with made up players,, but in this years game at the kind of level of players we have to look at, it does seem that the regens are better.

Im in the 3rd season now in SPL and only just missed the title last season on the last day,, although celtic are 6 points in front this season and winning everything with players like tom cairney, stewart downing, Thorgan Hazard and Ricky Van Wolfswinkle

I might have caught up quicker with regens,, starting to look at them now tho :)

So, thought I might give you a little update on my save game with Rangers. Trueblue's reply to my "giving-up"-post convinced me to stick around for the summer ahead of my first season back in SPL, and I got to say; boy, was it worth it. I finally managed to do some wheeling and dealing. Below is my ins and out:

Date Person From Fee

21.5.2015 Naismith, Steven Everton Loan

4.6.2015 Ephraim, Hogan Wigan Loan

5.6.2015 Michu Swansea Loan

5.6.2015 Wendt, Oscar Liverpool Loan

6.6.2015 Tate, Alan Swansea Loan

6.6.2015 Smith, Adam Tottenham Loan

8.6.2015 Kolmokov, Peter Zilina £1.5M

8.6.2015 Lewis, Thomas Preston £350K

13.6.2015 Wilson, Danny Liverpool Loan

13.6.2015 Pennant, Jermaine Stoke Loan

21.6.2015 Mattucci, Mario Empoli £800K

24.6.2015 Douglas, Barry Dundee Utd £400K

1.7.2015 Gökmen Kuru Galatasaray Free

7.7.2015 Robinson, Lewis Exeter £1.2M

8.7.2015 Mannone, Vito Free Transfer Free

15.7.2015 Fernando, Jean Carlo SV Ried £160K

15.8.2015 Mucha, Jan Free Transfer Free

16.8.2015 Defoe, Jermain Free Transfer Free

Total £4.4M

Date Person To Fee

31.5.2015 Hillcoat, Iain Free Transfer Free

11.6.2015 Armstrong, Grant Queen of Sth Loan

12.6.2015 McKeown, Gerard Queen of Sth Loan

13.6.2015 Brough, Derek Carlisle Loan

15.6.2015 Hegarty, Chris Blackpool Loan

15.6.2015 Black, Alan Brighton Loan

16.6.2015 Grant, Peter Bolton Loan

17.6.2015 Breheny, Alan Queen of Sth Loan

17.6.2015 Wallace, Lee Fulham £6M

25.6.2015 Ramsay, Darren Hamilton Loan

25.6.2015 Parker, Laurie Kilmarnock Loan

3.7.2015 Gökmen Kuru Zagreb Loan

4.7.2015 Bowles, Nick Zagreb Loan

6.7.2015 MacLeod, Lewis Peterborough Loan

8.7.2015 John, Ross Bristol City Loan

8.7.2015 Jones, Terry Inverness CT Ln Fee £3.5K p/m

9.7.2015 Kelly, Cillian Notts Co Loan

9.7.2015 Makombo-Eboma, Noël St. Mirren Ln Fee £16K p/m

15.7.2015 Lamanna, Eugenio Cittadella £500K

20.7.2015 Wilson, Frankie Shamrock Rovers Ln Fee £18K p/m

25.7.2015 Stoor, Fredrik Zürich £300K

31.7.2015 McKay, Barrie Ipswich Loan

2.8.2015 MacDonald, Peter Livingston Loan

2.8.2015 Lewis, Thomas Bury Loan

13.8.2015 Wheater, David Crystal Palace £375K

16.8.2015 Smith, Lewis Falkirk Loan

17.8.2015 Atkinson, Dan Peterborough Ln Fee £4.5K p/m

21.8.2015 Alexander, Neil Plymouth £8K

26.8.2015 Mattucci, Mario Genoa CFC Loan

27.8.2015 Urquhart, Stuart St. Mirren Ln Fee £18K p/m

28.8.2015 Hendrie, Stephen Bristol City Loan

Total £7.25M

I have played 4 matches in the SPL and I have won them all with a goal difference after 3 matches of 15F0A. Beat Queen of Sth 9-0 in some kind of cup.

Glad yer getting back into it Maze,,, unfortunately for me the new patch has absolutely killed it for me. I was neck and neck with Celtic doing well in europe and looking forward to spending some cash in January. Then Boom,, new patch and I just lost 4 games out of 5. Now 12 points behind celtic and losing consistently.

My players no longer play through balls,,defenders sometimes lob long balls from the back when I have nobody even in the op half,, and as for the dribble runs that seem to happen all the time now,, 40 yard runs to nowhere,, I wouldn't even mind the runs if they occasionally tried to pass to teammate,, but no,, even when there is one in a good position unmarked. Instead they are so ball gready and will run about like a headless chicken until they decide to shoot from outside the box and usually nearly hit the corner flag or hit it high and out the stadium. So frustrating as nothing you can do as its the new patch that has caused it.

I am really at a loss now,, there will no doubt be another patch to fix all the issues sooner or later but its ruined the game for me right now. Dont know if to play another save and wait for the next patch or just play on or quit it all together. I know I wont have the energy to play another whole new save from Div3 again,, so it depends I guess on how long until another match engine patch. Guess this season is over now anyways so,, cheers SI

Thanks mate!

Hey, Christmas is about caring and this thread is about sharing (that rhymes:), so here's hopefully some help turning your run around (cause I've actually found it easier after the new patch).

I currently use this with some tweaks. Bump the D- line up by one notch, tick playmaker and target man, set target mansupply to run onto ball. Dont actually select a target man or playmaker, its ticked as gets the ball up the field faster.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/333554-quot-Walls-of-Eric-quot-FM-13.1.3-%28Hybrid-of-Return-of-the-King-amp-The-Wall%29

then after one season I switch to this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/332555-Croatia-1994-98-National-Team-3-5-2-%285-3-2%29-Won-European-League-with-Hajduk-Split

and then, after that season back to the first one again. Just to avoid SSS.

Best of luck!

Cheers mate,, the first one is fairly similar to my main tactic anyways. I always prefer a main 442,, I usually keep it on standard tho and change it around in game depending on how it going or say to counter if its an away to them or a tougher op in euro games for eg,, I normally just start with a balanced mentality and go fluid in game when switching to attach metality,, was working fine before lol. I also like he says rarely select the player for instruction in key roles,, rather I will have have my creative playmaker like templeton ticked for that position so whoever plays in LM would become my prime playmaker,, but not in the instruction boxs below where you select the target man or playmaker specific. I have played around in the past with target man supply but not so far this save as I havent really had a TM until a very recent regen buy

Never tried the 2nd one tho,,, not normally a formation I go for,, I rarely buy players who are more Wngbk than full back,, kind of risky as your only real width comes from them pushing forward and leaving only two CB's slightly exposed to a counter or ball over the top,,, would imagine better with really fast CB's but faure aint lol

I do have another couple of trained tactics I havent tried yet post patch ,,as my main AM , ,Berghuis is out just now with an injury and they rely on an AM.

On a plus tho I did just win the last one against Aberdeen so here hopin,, think its cost me this season tho. The filth in my current save after 20 games have only drawn 2 and lost 1.

Will play on this season and there will be the new patch coming soon,,,,too many noticing the same on the feedback thread I think for them to ignore.

Merry Christmas mate :)

Archived