Saving Scottish Football - Rio Here We Come!

McGeady10

Background

Okay I’ve been a FM addict since the days of Champ Manager 92, Champ Manager Italia. Over the last few years things like work, living life and a variety of other mundane tasks have got in the way of my Football Manager obsession.

I enjoy a long term challenge but by the same token I don’t have the time to invest heavily in a long term game.

With the release of Football Manager 13 I’ve decided for the first time to try out International Management, something I’ve never attempted before.

As a Scot I feel it’s only right I try and end 14 years of hurt for our nation and lead the Tartan Army to Brazil in 2014 to join the biggest party in football at the FIFA World Cup.

I often read the stories on this forum and become a little bit frustrated as more often than not the guy playing the game behind the story is actually good at the game – I’m not. I’m average at best and to lead Scotland through a qualification group that includes Belgium, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro and Wales would be one of my biggest achievements in Football Manager since I led a Paul Kitson inspired Man City to the European Cup in Champ Manager 94.

I hope you all enjoy my story and the inevitable trials and tribulations I suffer along the way and any feedback, positive or negative, would be greatly appreciated.

Set Up

I am playing the FM13 beta with all Scottish leagues and English leagues from League 1 and above. All current internationalists have been added to the database.

Writing Style

Writing style will be a mix of press clippings and a managers diary.

Archived