Sports Interactive Community
Purefun

FM13: Good Full Backs

What it says on the tin, put all the good full backsyou find in here. Use this template when posting please:

Name:

Nationality:

Club:

Position:

Value:

Sale Value:

Work Permit Needed?:

Name: Tsepo Masilela

Nationality: South Africa

Club: Kaiser Chiefs

Position: DL/WBL

Value: £200k maybe. Has just joined Kaiser Chiefs for £80k.

Sale Value: £400k-600k.

Work Permit Needed?: Yes

Not been able to find a left-back anywhere near as well rounded as this guy without having to pay over-the-odds.

Name: Federico Peluso

Nationality: Italian

Club: Atalanta

Position: DL/WBL/CB

Value: £2.9M

Sale Value: £3.6M-£4.7M

Work Permit Needed?: No

Pretty quick, immense in the tackle, decent positioning/marking and pretty good in the air. Essentially hes just a cheaper left sided Branislav Ivanovic but with more pace.

Name: Douglas Santos

Nationality: Brazilian

Club: Nautico

Value: 95k

Sale Value: £4.3M Buyout Clause

Work Permit Needed?: Yes, "Likely to be granted on appeal"

I'm comming close to the end of my 1st season and looking for a replacement for Evra at Man Utd. Scouts give this chap a potential 3 and a half stars and to be a leading premiership left-back in the future. He does need work defensively but looks good going forward.

7OtC5.jpg

Name: Ivan Velez

Nationality: Columbian

Club: junior

Position: RB

Value: £95k

Sale Value: £120k

Work Permit Needed?: yes

ZnJ7c.png

looks decent for low to mid table prem teams.. reminds me of bandalovski of fm12 fame

Name: Jetro Willems

Nationality: Dutch

Club: PSV

Value: £2.7m

Sale Value: ~£13m

Work Permit Needed?: No

Has become first choice left back for me at Man United

Name: tom hateley

Nationality: english

Club: motherwell

Position: rb/wbr

Value: £475k

Sale Value: £525k

Work Permit Needed?: nope

brilliant technical RB.. just lacking in physical stats... train him up and he'll be top notch.. even retrain for a midfield role..

nujrg.png?1

brilliant technical RB.. just lacking in physical stats... train him up and he'll be top notch.. even retrain for a midfield role..

nujrg.png?1

That's a cracking find, may have to have a look at him for my Wolves side.

We do tend to lack in the right back area though, thought Foley should be good enough but wasn't, just signed Hateley, cost me £1.9m, he was transfer listed, still looks good in the 3rd season.

Should definitely be retrained as a CM, no pace or positioning for a RB. You have to have at least one or the other to be a good full back. Concentration would be costly too. Playing him as a supporting CM at a Champ/Low Prem club looks ideal.

Name: Erik Janza

Nationality: Slovenian

Club: Mura

Position: LB/WBL/ML

Value: £110k

Sale Value: £500k or so, only 1 year contract at the start of the season, so you might also be able to pick him up on a Bosman after the first season

Work Permit Needed?: No.

Here's a screenshot of him 3 years in:

qs191d.jpg

ETA: Here's how he looks at the start of the game, I think he can be improved to possibly be even better than in the above screenshot:

otnabr.jpg

All around full back, very good crosser, decent in the tackle.

is it an age thing or something? do kids these days use kg and cm?

For starters not everyone lives, where the imperial units are in use. :p

nice find batty...

as a side note.... am i the only one who uses stone, feet and miles?

As much as I'd like to take credit I didn't find him, it was Bhoy!'s find. I was taught in stone, feet and miles at school, so I use those imperial units too

Janza looks good but not enough pace for the EPL imo.

get back to LLM Cas... you're looking at players with your Manutd glasses on :p

Cant find the looking for thread so here goes.

I'm after a left back for Arsenal

My budget is 15m and would obviously be my first choice with Gibbs as backup, I was looking at Baines but Everton want mega money for him.

cheers

My budget is 15m and would obviously be my first choice with Gibbs as backup, I was looking at Baines but Everton want mega money for him.

cheers

Matthias Ostrzolek from Augsburg. Cheap and very good.

cheers

Obviously didn't look hard enough, found it on the first page!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319726-FM-13-Looking-for-thread

Name: Derrick Tshimanga

Nationality: Belgium

Club: Genk

Position: LB

Value: £650k

Sale Value: £ 700k

UaVLd.png?1

belgian!

Name: Sebastian Jung

Nationality: German

Club: Frankfurt

Position: RB

Value: $2.3M

Sale Value: £ 3.4M

jung.png

Name: Guilherme Siqueira

Nationality: Brazilian

Club: Granada CF

Position: LB/LWB/LM/AML

Value: €14.5m

Sale Value: €25m release clause.

Work Permit Needed?: No. Italian second nationality.

Siqueira.png

I usually have him as a LB, but he can play anywhere down the left flank. Just for kicks, whilst still in the LB position, I sometimes like to change his role to WB "Attack" - Then watch him go! :brock:

Sure... he's not cheap, but damn... it's worth the outlay in entertainment value, watching him in the match engine :)

Name: Serge Aurier

Nationality: Ivory Coast- takes up French Nationality early in the game

Club: Toulouse

Position: Rb/Lb/Lwb/Rwb

Value: ?

Sale Value: ?

serging.png

This is from the summer of 2013.

He's already becoming a great fullback and he's only at 2.5 of his 4 potential stars

Wow he looks fantastic, the price is huge for a full back.

True, but he can play anywhere down the left & has well suited attributes for all the accompanying roles. :)

He's an absolute joy to watch in the FM13 match engine :thup: Now if I could find his mirror image to play on the right... I'd be in FM heaven.

True, but he can play anywhere down the left & has well suited attributes for all the accompanying roles. :)

He's an absolute joy to watch in the FM13 match engine :thup: Now if I could find his mirror image to play on the right... I'd be in FM heaven.

Arsenal bought him in my game at the beginin of the first season for 21,5 million pounds. Played 3 friendlies and scored 2, one from penalty though. Has 1 assist as well.

And now he scored from the penalty in the first league game for Arsenal to win 1-0 away to Newcastle.

Good Find Heath.

Arsenal bought him in my game at the beginin of the first season for 21,5 million pounds. Played 3 friendlies and scored 2, one from penalty though. Has 1 assist as well.

No sooner had I started my save, Arsenal were straight in with a bid. Needless to say, "hands off warning" was clicked without me even blinking. :)

thanks , but it wasn't on the first page when I was looking yesterday if you check the dates of posts on there it was only today it got bumped to first

page and search was not helping me. :-)

if your looking for similar type of player to him stats wise but younger, try Avine of Bahia and Gabriel Silva of Udinese, 24 and 21 years old respectively.

Good Find Heath.
could you really call it that? heath was the one who put those attributes into the db

to me it look like heath went a bit over the top by making Siqueira one of the best wide defenders in the game, but then again I have not watched him play enough to pass a fair judgment myself (and I have not got around watching the recent Athletic vs Granada match just yet, since Roma was playing on roughly the same time and the NFL was runing on the tv in the background)

Name: Derrick Tshimanga

Nationality: Belgium

Club: Genk

Value: £650k

Sale Value: £ 700k

UaVLd.png?1

belgian!

You just had to .. haha.

Wow, has Guilherme Siqueira improved that much irl? I remember watching him a bit back in the day at Udine. Looked a very dodgy/frail player, but was always pretty good going forward
could you really call it that? heath was the one who put those attributes into the db

to me it look like heath went a bit over the top by making Siqueira one of the best wide defenders in the game, but then again I have not watched him play enough to pass a fair judgment myself (and I have not got around watching the recent Athletic vs Granada match just yet, since Roma was playing on roughly the same time and the NFL was runing on the tv in the background)

I genuinely think he has improved that much & his attributes are a fair reflection of where he's at as a player now. He also made the 'Revelations of La Liga' list & understandably attracted considerable interest during the summer. Amongst the clubs monitoring him, were Barcelona, Manchester United, Benfica, Atlético Madrid and Valencia. The last two made formal offers, but Granada CF would only open negotiations on bids over €10m. Subsequently, he signed an improved contract, which included an increased minimum release clause.

Researchers have CA/PA guidelines we work towards. In terms of those guidelines, I was limited previously as to the maximum CA I could assign him. This research cycle & by general consensus of the research team, I've simply been permitted to raise the ceiling more on his CA, to reflect his attributes and their distribution better. His best attributes are indeed his attacking ones, whilst his defensive attributes are above average, which I've also reflected.

This season, his performances so far haven't been as exceptional as last, but that's more to do with being shackled tactically, without the liberty to get forward as much as he'd like. That's starting to change, the manager being more flexible with him and we're beginning to see him be as effective as last season.

nujrg.png?1

That is one weird set of attributes for a full back. No pace, acceleration or positioning.

Did the researchers get this right?

That is one weird set of attributes for a full back. No pace, acceleration or positioning.

Did the researchers get this right?

Hateley is a bit of a jack of all trades for Motherwell. For a large part of last season he played in midfield but towards the end of the season and this season he has been playing at right back. He is well known for his set pieces and having a good engine on him.

Name: Florian Marange

Nationality: French

Club: Bordeaux

Value: <£1M

Sale Value: <£750K.

Work Permit? Nope

He starts off transfer-listed at Bordeaux (did on my save, at least). He's a decent LB and if you're cash-strapped is definitely worth taking a look at (also very low wage demands, I'm paying him £5.25k/wk). I signed him as a back-up to Neil Taylor (Swansea) and he's been pushing for a starting role. He's not quite got there, though. But it might be a different story next season. He's got decent speed and the right attributes to be a decent mid-table PL defensive fullback. not much use above mid-table though unless used on a rotation basis. But for the very cheap asking price, I don't think you can go wrong with this one... good long shots for a LB too, might be worth playing him in a more attacking role.

here's a screenshot.

qmIHO.png

Im at the start of a Chelsea save, looking for a LB...

Anyone help? High crossing is a must!

Cheers x

Siqueira? As mentioned above.

Looks as if he would be good enough for Chelsea thanks to heathxxx :p