Sports Interactive Community
Purefun

FM13: Should I buy or sell thread

He's quite a versatile player, whenever I've had him he's done a job RB/LB/Wings so if you need depth I'd keep him.. but that is a lot of money for him and probably won't get much higher for him. Sell and give minutes to Muniesa.

People in the Villa thread have had mixed results with him, some have got him scoring well but I've struggled. His link up play is brilliant (I play him as a DLF) and he holds up the ball really well if you have attacking wingers running in behind the defence, he just doesn't seem to score many for me, may be due to my tactics though.

Cheers, decided against it had a £12m bid accepted but I think I'll trust Auby and spend the money I have on Fischer.

Chelsea, second season starting - should I get Neymar as he is transfer listed and available for 46M? I don't think I really need him as I have Schurrle, Hazard, Mata, Oscar, de Bruyne, Lukaku and Falcao, but then again, if he is gonna make a big difference, I would get him. Never had him before so I would like to hear some opinions. Thanks.

^I would have sold him..
I accepted the offer, but sadly Genoa who owned the other 50% did not, ended up going to the blind auction where I bought the other 50% for £8m, who knows maybe city comes back with 40m at a later stage

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Branislav Ivanovic

Your Team: Swansea

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value: £5m

Offer: £4m upfront

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch: Latest

Season: Start of 2nd season

I have Williams, Chico and a recently signed Ezequiel Munoz. Just sold Kyle Bartley for 5.25 million and need a fourth CB. I finished 5th in the league last year but I've promised a top 4 finish this year so I'm looking for strong players, otherwise I would have just signed a youngster with potential.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Alen Halilović

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: R. Madrid, Man Utd and Monaco

Player's Value: 9.75 mil

Offer: 23 mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: around 44 mil

Season: 2015-2016

I bought him on first transfer window on my save for 2,3 mil. He came 1.7.2014. , so dude play only one season for me,

league: 22 aps/2 gs/6 as rating 6.98

Cup: 6 aps/0 gs/2 as rating 7.11

Championship League: 8 aps/4 gs/1 as rating 7.60

Player Name: Luis Suarez

Your Team: Swansea

Buyer/Seller: Liverpool

Player's Value: 16.25m

Offer: 21m and 110k wages per week

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: Start of 3rd

I've got Wilfried Bony upfront with the late Christian Benitez as cover. Suarez is listed and I'm looking for a world class forward. Never managed him so looking for any information or opinions either way!

Phenomenon: I personally rate Suarez as a pretty dodgy fella, so from all the world-class strikers out there, perhaps you can do better? :thup:

Player Name: Christian Benteke

Your Team: Newcastle United

Buyer/Seller: Aston Villa

Player's Value: 12.25mil

Offer: 21.5mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: Around 25mil to spend. About 80k/week in wages free.

Season: Start of second.

Need a new powerful striker to play alongside Cisse, and Benteke seems the best option available.

EDIT: Can ignore this, Lukaku was transfer listed by request and I can pick him up for 15mil. Easy decision.

Player Name: Will Hughes

Your Team: Swansea City

Buyer/Seller: No Offers at the moment

Player's Value: £25.5m

Offer:

Transfer/Wage Budget: £42m to spend and £190p/w left of my wage budget

Season: Start of 17/18

His contract runs out at the end of this season and he's asking for £110kp/w in wages which I can't afford by some distance. Do I attempt to sign him up and break my wage structure or sell him? If I sell, what can I realistically get?

Edit: Here's a screenshot of him, Will Hughes

if you can get 40m or more you should probably sell

Yeah, I was hoping for some higher bids than that, but nothing has been forthcoming. Atletico Madrid were interested and they've been taken over by a tycoon, but nothing from them unfortuantely. Near the start of the season now so I won't tout him out, I'll see if I can get an offer during the first half of the season for around £40m.

So I've taken over RC Lens in France and I'm rebuilding them. After my first season in the Champion's League last year and being supremely stingy with money, I've turned the club around and have allowed myself to splurge a bit this season to add some needed quality if I am to progress further than the 1st round of Champion's League.

Player Name: Cesare Magro

Your Team: RC Lens

Buyer/Seller: N/A

Player's Value: -

Offer: Free transfer

Transfer/Wage Budget: £14m + £475k pw remaining free

Season: July 2023

The dilemma is that I already have 3 strikers competing for one position upfront in my 4231 but none are anywhere near the quality of Magro:

1st choice: Juan Modeste (a new signing and has potential)

2nd choice: Jaap Goes (improving very rapidly and I have high hopes for him)

3rd choice: Oscar Owens (provides a different option and is a cheap back up)

At left wing and AM I'm stocked with a quality starter and a promising back up. So I'm struggling to see how I can fit Magro into the team.

The downside is Magro's wages would break my wage structure where no one is paid more than £50k pw but he has accepted £99k pw. I don't want my squad's wages to start to spiral upwards, not at least until I can be sure of being more competitive in Europe.

I'm trying to decide who I should buy for Spurs out of Dzgaoev and Eriksen. Both £18m, both mind if I want. For me Eriksen's pace/acc does it because my midfield lacked that last season, but Dzgaoev simply has more aggression and determination, which is something my Tottenham side lack in midfield ahead of Sandro. Dzgaoev is also braver and has better finishing, but Eriksen is just a great playmaker in potential.

Any ideas? I play a 4-5-1, and i have just bought a creative forward in Sigporsson

Why don't you already have Eriksen? :D

This is still the FM13 thread, he's probably still on that version.

From what I remember from last year, Dzagoev was usually the more physical player if that's what you're after.

I hadn't even noticed the thread title :o

Eriksen still the better option in my eyes, magical little player on the FM13 match engine!

I need an attacking midfielder to elevate my Wigan side out of mid-table mediocrity - I have bids in for two players, which should I go for?

Player Name: Sergio Canales

Your Team: Wigan

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Player's Value: £10m

Offer: £7m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: Start of 3rd season

OR

Player Name: Gabriel Iancu

Your Team: Wigan

Buyer/Seller: Steaua Bucharest

Player's Value: £2.4m

Offer: £3.6m + £5.5m over 36 months

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: Start of 3rd season

Any opinions? I love Canales in real life but his wages are five times what Iancu's would be...but then he's cheaper up front and probably the better player...but is he that much better?

Your Team: Aston Villa

Buyer/Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: £18.5 million

Offer: £30 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £0/£1.2 million

Season: 1st

Just started as Aston Villa and am wondering if I should sell Benteke to help rebuild the team, I find most of the team very lightweight especially in midfield.

I know if I sell him now I can get Barcelona to bid £30 million, but on some saves I have seen he has ended up being worth £60 million plus when he plays well after being sold, the main reason I am up in the air with the whole thing is im not sure who to get in to cover the goals lost from his sale.

Your Team: Aston Villa

Buyer/Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: £18.5 million

Offer: £30 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £0/£1.2 million

Season: 1st

Just started as Aston Villa and am wondering if I should sell Benteke to help rebuild the team, I find most of the team very lightweight especially in midfield.

I know if I sell him now I can get Barcelona to bid £30 million, but on some saves I have seen he has ended up being worth £60 million plus when he plays well after being sold, the main reason I am up in the air with the whole thing is im not sure who to get in to cover the goals lost from his sale.

Mitrovic from Anderlecht would be an able replacement.

Player Name: Lasse Sobiech

Your Team: Hamburger SV

Buyer/Seller: Wolfsburg

Player's Value: £4.1 million

Offer: £10 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £0/£685,996

Season: 2nd (August transfer window)

Backstory: Hey gentlemen, I know this is minor compared to some of the huge offers you all have gotten. But anyway Wolfsburg have come in with a £10m bid for Lasse Sobiech and I'm not quite sure whether to sell him. He is usually partnered in defence with Westermann and they have a formed a reasonably good partnership thus far. My current central defenders are Westermann, Rajkovic, Sobiech, Ferronetti (end of contract from Ternana) and a transfer listed Kacar. I sold Mancienne in my first season who was on silly money. I do have Eric Dier and 19 year old prospects Jonathan Tah, Daniele Rugani and Alessio Romagnoli all out on loan though. However I don't think they are quite ready for the first team yet. I am also about £130k over my wage bill (no idea how I managed that :S). Logical to sell aye but is it wise to break up a good defensive partnership when I'm required to at least qualify for Europe this season? Any input would be welcome!

Player Name: Simon Leemans

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: £16.5 million

Offer: £38 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: more than enough

Season: June 2029

He is my 3rd choice RB behind the ageing Daniel Casimiro and the man to replace him, recently bought Humberto Diaz.

It is important to have 2 good RBs as they are my source of width in my 4312 and have a lot of running to do. Hence I wanted to keep Leemans to become 2nd choice in a couple of seasons but £38m is a lot of money. Having said that I don't know where I'm going to find a RB that good and cheap to happily be a second choice.

Player Name: Simon Leemans

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: £16.5 million

Offer: £38 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: more than enough

Season: June 2029

He is my 3rd choice RB behind the ageing Daniel Casimiro and the man to replace him, recently bought Humberto Diaz.

It is important to have 2 good RBs as they are my source of width in my 4312 and have a lot of running to do. Hence I wanted to keep Leemans to become 2nd choice in a couple of seasons but £38m is a lot of money. Having said that I don't know where I'm going to find a RB that good and cheap to happily be a second choice.

a quick bump up

If you don't need the money, and wont find another RB... don't sell him.

Loan him out for a season (with the option to recall, incase of injuries to your other 2 RB's), that way he will get plenty of first team football and remain yours until you're ready for him.

If you don't need the money, and wont find another RB... don't sell him.

Loan him out for a season (with the option to recall, incase of injuries to your other 2 RB's), that way he will get plenty of first team football and remain yours until you're ready for him.

Thanks, just about ready to get back stuck into FM now my exams are over.