FM13: Should I buy or sell thread

Purefun

Struggling to make up your mind about a particular deal? Or maybe just wondering who the better option would be? This is the thread to help make up your mind. Post away and please stick to the below format:

Buying/Selling:

Player Name:

Your Team:

Buyer/Seller:

Player's Value:

Offer:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:

Season:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Javi Garcia

Your Team: Newcastle

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Player's Value: £10.5 mill

Offer: £8mill

Transfer/Wage Budget: £10.25 mill left of £19 mill budget

Patch:

Season: 2013/14 (2nd season)

Transfer deadline day and we've been offered Javi Garcia and negotiated an £8 million fee. I still have Tiote and Anita in the team, anyone think he'd be a useful addition to them?

WHO IS BETTER, HUTH, VORSAH, OR MANGANE?

Throw Pogatetz in there as well although I've already decided in terms of the DC's that have 13 for pace, Huth and Mangane have better attributes mostly because Pogatetz has such awful acceleration at 8, compared to a 4 point edge and 6 point edge in that category respectively for Huth and Mangane.

So my question is more, Huth and Mangane have better DC attributes overall than Vorsah, except in one area: pace. Vorsah has 18 pace to 13 for the other two. His tackling is only 14 compared to 16 for the other two, his heading is 11 vs 17 or 18 for the other two, his marking is 17 compared to Mangane's 18, first touch is 7 to 11, concentration Vorsah has 12 to 14 for Mangane, Decisions 12 for Mangane 9 for Vorsah.

Vorsah's two areas where it makes me wonder if he might be better anyway is that he has 18 jumping compared to Mangane's 15 (or Huth's 17), and obviously 18 pace to 13 for the other two.

So in the FM12 match engine, how important are the mental attributes and everything else compared to the fact that the guy has 18 pace, 5 more than the Huth and Mangane? Also Mangane is 23 years old, if that matters. Not sure he'll improve, not like he's 20 or anything, but still technically within the improvement range of <24.

What do you guys think?

PS. I'm sure there's wonderkid DC with PA 10 who is better than all three of these guys, but maybe don't mention him. I found these three all in-game, through using the player search filters, and I haven't looked online for player recommendations like i did the in the past just because I figured I would try to keep the mystery this time of having unfound players out there for future games or whenever I discover them. So maybe just stick to the four players mentioned here please.

To a large extent how important pace is for a central defender depends on how you set up the team, if you play with the defensive line pushed up and lack pace in defence then you're vulnerable if the opposition have fast strikers and play balls over the top, if you play with a deeper defensive line then pace in central defence is less important, but you're giving the opposition more space to play with. Another option is to use one pacy central defender and one slower one who might be stronger in other areas.

Personally I'd see the 11 heading for Vorsah as more of an issue, imo that's too low for a top class central defender so would rule him out on that basis.

Huth would be the one i'd discount straight away. Coen is right IMO, it also depends what role you're playing, and who you're playing him with. If you're buying a Stopper or standard defender, then Mangane would be for me. However if you have a world class Stopper already, and are buying a Cover DC, then the pace of Vorsah is important.

Thanks for the responses, very helpful.

Macca72, why would you discount Huth? Have you had him on your team in FM12 before? I ask because after doing the comparisons between the three players, his attributes were the best overall, the 13 pace aside (but Mangane's pace is the same).

Coen, it is my understanding of the attributes that heading has more to do with heading accuracy, like when you're looking to score off headers. Maybe Im wrong. I thought it was more the jumping and the strength, with a dash of positioning, that determined who was going to get the highest and win the header, with the heading attribute having more to do with what the player is able to do with that header, important for scoring off corners, for example, but not so much clearing the ball from defensive box, as I don't really care where exactly he sprays it up the field as long as he sprays it up the field.

Have either of you played with all three of them in FM12? Im curious to know how they performed in the match engine. Also how concerned should I be with Pogatetz's 7 or 8 in acceleration, I forget what it is. 13 pace, 7 or 8 acceleration.

Here are Huth's attributes. Fingers crossed I'm posting this screenshot correctly.

So the pace is 13, not great but not terrible, and the acceleration is at least 12, plus you have an 18 for balance, probably not the most common for DC's. But besides that weakness, you have 17 jumping, 18 strength, 18 heading, 15 marking, 17 tackling, 20 aggression, 18 bravery... he's going to win every header, anticipation and composure aren't great, but if you want to find a DC with better composure and anticipation, then he won't have as good in the tackling/heading categories, because at least the players that are in my filter, no one has great attributes across the board. The fact that Huth has jumping, strength, heading, marking, tackling, concentration, and positioning all about 15 except positioning which is 14, and many of them high like 17-18, and to go along with it pace that isn't awful, it's not like it's 9 or 10, it's 13... I thought that made him possibly the best DC I've found. The epic aggression and bravery can't hurt, either, decisions are 13 which a lot of DCs have lower there, too, and 18 determination...

Am I missing something? What do you think? It's basically the pace, anticipation, and composure that are his only average areas, or worry areas, and marking is 15... but again, you find someone with 17 or 18 marking, the heading and tackling will be down. There just isn't anyone i've found that has better across the board. Demichelis, maybe, but he won't come to my team anyway and he's weaker in the air too.

Don't get me wrong, Huth is a good player, but in general I prefer to buy younger players. It all depends what role you are planning to deploy him in, for me Huth would be a very good limited defender, but if you're asking more from your defenders, he's maybe not your man.

I also in general like to look for pace, it's an important attribute. It's just my opinion mate, I would have a preference for slightly more rounded player, but Huth is a good old fashioned centre back, if that's what you need, and you can afford him, go for it.

Don't get me wrong, Huth is a good player, but in general I prefer to buy younger players. It all depends what role you are planning to deploy him in, for me Huth would be a very good limited defender, but if you're asking more from your defenders, he's maybe not your man.

I also in general like to look for pace, it's an important attribute. It's just my opinion mate, I would have a preference for slightly more rounded player, but Huth is a good old fashioned centre back, if that's what you need, and you can afford him, go for it.

Well Ive never seen him play in real life or if I have I dont remember. I havent seen most the players. I just look at attributes. His attributes look to me like he has every key DC attribute as much as exists in FM. Dominant in the air, near-elite tackling + positioning + marking. He's basically a couple more points in marking, positioning, and pace away from being perfect, also anticipation and composure a bit. But if you're saying the attributes lie, in real life he's not that good, he probably won't be as good in the match engine as he looks in the attributes, like maybe the lack of anticipation and composure is a bigger deal than I realize, then I'll listen.

Also, as for roles, in FM10 I had one DC with a bit more mentality than the other, but besides that, I had Cristian Zapata and I forget the other one, at one point Mexes in one game, but most games I couldnt get him, I had a lot of guys. Maybe it was just because Zapata was so dominant (and he was more like Vorsah in that hehad a ton of pace in FM10... by the way I feel really bad for him that he got so much slower since then lol), but I could forget which one i had where, I could swap them constantly, it didnt matter which DC played up or back. It always worked no matter what. Again, I had a stacked team, and for FM10 I downloaded a tactic off the forums that was amazing, so maybe it was just that, but I havent thought much about limited defender vs stopper. The way I always play is to buy the best players I can, period, and then find a tactic or find roles and slot them in, as opposed to trying to find players for roles.

By the way anyone ever play with these players in FM12?

• Juan Arango (14 pace, 14 agility, 12 acceleration, 12 stamina, 19 flair, 18 decisions, 17 creativity, 16 teamwork, 15 anticipation, 18 technique, 18 passing, 16 long shots, 19 first touch, 19 crossing, 13 finishing)

• Alex from Fenerbahce (has the Riquelme type skillset, godly technical and mental, like 9 pace, really bad physical, he's 33)

• Alex from Corinthians

• Andre D'Alessandro

• Guti

• Rivaldo (the old #10)

• Joaquin

• Liedson

•*Havard Nordtveit

Any impressions?

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Robin van Persie

Your Team: Man Utd

Buyer/Seller: None yet

Player's Value:

Offer:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch: fm13

Season: 2

To sell or not after second season, due to declining stats, high wage and still can get some cash for

Player Name: Robin van Persie

Buyer/Seller: None yet

Player's Value:

Offer:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch: fm13

To sell or not after second season, due to declining stats, high wage and still can get some cash for

If he is anything like he was on my save he will be awful in the third season and not even reach double figures.

By the way anyone ever play with these players in FM12?

• Juan Arango (14 pace, 14 agility, 12 acceleration, 12 stamina, 19 flair, 18 decisions, 17 creativity, 16 teamwork, 15 anticipation, 18 technique, 18 passing, 16 long shots, 19 first touch, 19 crossing, 13 finishing)

• Alex from Fenerbahce (has the Riquelme type skillset, godly technical and mental, like 9 pace, really bad physical, he's 33)

• Alex from Corinthians

• Andre D'Alessandro

• Guti

• Rivaldo (the old #10)

• Joaquin

• Liedson

•*Havard Nordtveit

Any impressions?

Alex from Fenerbahce was one of my first signings a few FM's back. Andre D'alessandro never settles in Europe so i dont bother. Havard Nordtveit is a great role player. I've avoided the rest as i have better youngsters in my team that can contribute more than those listed.

Player Name: Luis Suarez

Your Team: Liverpool

Buyer/Seller: I'm selling

Player's Value: I think about 15mil (at work atm so can't say for sure)

Offer: Haven't had one yet

Transfer/Wage Budget: £1.25mil transer left/175k free wages

Patch: Up to date

Season: 3rd (December 2014)

I love Suarez, one of my favourite players but he just doesnt score enough from striker or the wing for me. I play a 4-3-3 (2 wingers, not strikers)...with Ba up front, Neymar and Gabriel Torje on the wings. They don't bang them in but they do a good enough job to have dropped Luis to the bench. I have Borini as a backup who can play all positions. Sterling and Thomas Ince are bright young wingers (although Ince has so far failed to live up to the dazzling first season he had)...and a couple of 17 year old regen strikers who have already started scoring at senior level when given the chance. Do I keep him as a world class bench option or trust more in the youth and ship Suarez off?

Deadline day in January and ive agreed a £35m deal for Falcao, happy days! Torres is *****, Sturridge is much better so ive agreed a £12m deal with Porto to send him their way. Only problem being hes asking for me to pay him £130k a month untill the end of his contract which runs out in 2016!

What do you guys think? I doubt ill be able to fetch £12m for him at a later date or find a team willing to take on all his wages, £130k for someone who wont be playing for me seems a bit much tho...

hi people i have a dilemma. should i keep giovinco as my AMC. or should i buy. and who do i go for out of ganso, christan erickson,

Get Adryan.

Player Name: Luis Suarez

Buyer/Seller: I'm selling

Player's Value: I think about 15mil (at work atm so can't say for sure)

Offer: Haven't had one yet

Transfer/Wage Budget: £1.25mil transer left/175k free wages

Patch: Up to date

Season: 3rd (December 2014)

I love Suarez, one of my favourite players but he just doesnt score enough from striker or the wing for me. I play a 4-3-3 (2 wingers, not strikers)...with Ba up front, Neymar and Gabriel Torje on the wings. They don't bang them in but they do a good enough job to have dropped Luis to the bench. I have Borini as a backup who can play all positions. Sterling and Thomas Ince are bright young wingers (although Ince has so far failed to live up to the dazzling first season he had)...and a couple of 17 year old regen strikers who have already started scoring at senior level when given the chance. Do I keep him as a world class bench option or trust more in the youth and ship Suarez off?

Sell mate.

Deadline day in January and ive agreed a £35m deal for Falcao, happy days! Torres is *****, Sturridge is much better so ive agreed a £12m deal with Porto to send him their way. Only problem being hes asking for me to pay him £130k a month untill the end of his contract which runs out in 2016!

What do you guys think? I doubt ill be able to fetch £12m for him at a later date or find a team willing to take on all his wages, £130k for someone who wont be playing for me seems a bit much tho...

Sell him for less? Or fine him? Should work.

Player Name: Antoine Greizzmann

Your Team: Sunderland

Buyer/Seller: Real Sociedad

Player's Value: 13m

Offer: 19m

or

Player Name: Georginho Wijnaldum

Your Team: Sunderland

Buyer/Seller: PSV

Player's Value: 8m

Offer:15m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 40m

Patch: Latest

Season: 3rd

(My question pertains to FM12, the last patch, not FM13. More specifically, it asks about Falcao in FM12.)

Since CPU teams keep paying me loan fees of 10 million pounds to loan my awful backup players who are only valued at like 2 million each, I already have basically unlimited transfer funds in my second season as Newcastle (can anyone explain why this is happening? Is it a glitch? Why are teams offering me huge up front loan fees (with no future option to buy the player, even) just to loan my terrible players for one year? And then doing it the next year, too, for player after player? Im making like 50 million pounds a year just loaning out the same crap backup players. Anyway, because of this (glitch?), I have enough transfer funds to potentially buy Falcao. But my question is, is he any good in FM12? Im sure he is in FM13, but in 12, pace is only 13, heading is 20 but jumping is only 11, strength is 12, so I dont see him winning many headers. Finishing and first touch at 17 are obviously good, but its not like his technical attributes are so godly as to make up for his poor pace. This isn't Trezeguet in his prime or Van NistelRooy in terms of attributes. Only 13 for technique, 11 flair, 13 dribbling, 12 passing, 16 composure, 12 creativity, 16 off the ball, 11 team work 14 work rate.. it's all rather ordinary except he does have "either" footed, although when you click on "positions," it's one foot very strong, the other "strong." I think the true gems is when they have both "very strong." So I don't know how much I should care about the two-footed-ness here.

Anyway, is Falcao worth 40 mil pounds in FM12? Is he a 5-star striker in FM12? My scout says only 3.5 stars.

Do you see What the first part is of this thread?

Anyway go in the links thread, in there is a link to the fm12 thread where you can find the appropriate thread.

And no don't buy him for 40 mil.

What do you mean the first part of this thread? When I was asking about Mangane and other players, you told me to post those kinds of questions in the Should I Buy Or Sell Thread. This question about Falcao is actually just about should i buy him, how good is he, etc, it's not even as nuanced as the questions I had about Mangane and the other DC's, so I thought it was even more straightforward that it would go here. Are you saying it's the wrong thread?

As for 40 mil, yeah I know its a lot, but I have a ton of $ because the game is so unrealistic and teams keep giving me 8 million pound loan fees for players who are only valued at half that (and then I can do it again at the start of every new season, for each player)... why is that, anyway? Why am I getting these crazy loan fees?

Anyway I have a lot of $ to spend, but players like Neymar still won't come to Newcastle at the start of the second season, so I don't have a huge amount of options for top strikers. I thought maybe since Falcao is considered one of the elite in real life, he might be my only option right now for a top striker that will actually come to my team. But I guess he's not as good in FM12 as he is in real life?

Need advice quick please! Can't find any info on how this guy develops in the future and with money being so tight I can't afford a flop :(

Player Name: Andreas Cornelius

Your Team: Derby County

Buyer/Seller: FC Copenhagen

Player's Value: £750k

Offer: £2.2m

Transfer/Wage Budget: Only have £2.5m left in the kitty having gone on a spending spree to strengthen the team following promotion to the Prem

Player Name: Fernando Llorente

Buyer/Seller: Athletic Bilbao

Player's Value: £12.75m

Offer: Free transfer but £9m on fees and £100k wages.

Transfer/Wage Budget: 400k free

Patch: latest

Season: 1

I have Bornini, Yesil and Fierro but Llorente is obviously far better than them. I figure that I can make a huge profit if he isn't suitable or doesn't perform.

Need advice quick please! Can't find any info on how this guy develops in the future and with money being so tight I can't afford a flop :(

Transfer/Wage Budget: Only have £2.5m left in the kitty having gone on a spending spree to strengthen the team following promotion to the Prem

Buy him.

Buy.

Player Name: Fernando Llorente

Buyer/Seller: Athletic Bilbao

Player's Value: £12.75m

Offer: Free transfer but £9m on fees and £100k wages.

Transfer/Wage Budget: 400k free

Season: 1

I have Bornini, Yesil and Fierro but Llorente is obviously far better than them. I figure that I can make a huge profit if he isn't suitable or doesn't perform.

Buy.

Player Name: Wilfred zaha

Your Team: Swansea

Buyer/Seller: Crystal Palace

Player's Value: 3.9m

Offer: 5.75m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 8m

Season: start of 2nd

Could use him on wings or upfront, but wondering whether he comes good, doesn't look all that great at the moment.

Buying/Selling: Buying.

Player Name: Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

Your Team: West Ham.

Buyer/Seller: Gladbach.

Player's Value: £5,250,000.

Offer: £18,000,000.

Transfer/Wage Budget: I'll have enough in the next transfer window.

Patch: Latest.

Season: Just ended my first season in fifth place.

I need a young and talented goalkeeper desperately as Jaaskelainen is no longer reliable, and Henderson won't help me push forward. I'm thinking ter Stegen will have a decent sell on value once I am done with him (if I ever am, £18,000,000 is the biggest investment I have ever made in a player). More or less swaying towards yes because he is only 20, and has Champions League experience. Also I want lose him to International squads, so he won't get injured away on duty.

Player Name: Wilfred zaha

Your Team: Swansea

Buyer/Seller: Crystal Palace

Player's Value: 3.9m

Offer: 5.75m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 8m

Season: start of 2nd

Could use him on wings or upfront, but wondering whether he comes good, doesn't look all that great at the moment.

No.

I need a young and talented goalkeeper desperately as Jaaskelainen is no longer reliable, and Henderson won't help me push forward. I'm thinking ter Stegen will have a decent sell on value once I am done with him (if I ever am, £18,000,000 is the biggest investment I have ever made in a player). More or less swaying towards yes because he is only 20, and has Champions League experience. Also I want lose him to International squads, so he won't get injured away on duty.

No cheaper alternatives?

In a few seasons he will be the best keeper on the game so I would say buy.

Never actually used him, but if you want a cheaper option Kevin Trapp might be transfer listed.

Frankfurt want more for Kevin Trapp than Gladbach want for ter Stegen. I put in a bid of £6,000,000, and they came back with £19,000,000. Safe to say they're not interested in negotiating.

Buying/Selling: buying

Player Name:neymar

Your Team: man city

Buyer/Seller:santos

Player's Value:£30 odd million

Offer:£80 million over four years

Transfer/Wage Budget: £55 mill / £3.2 mill per week £800k under budget

Patch:latest

Season:first season

Just want to know is he worth it ? I have never managed him before so I don't know how he performs . I play a 4 3 3 with two wingers as inside forwards , neymar will play from the left . I have sold balotelli to make room in the squad

Buying/Selling: buying

Player Name:neymar

Your Team: man city

Buyer/Seller:santos

Player's Value:£30 odd million

Offer:£80 million over four years

Transfer/Wage Budget: £55 mill / £3.2 mill per week £800k under budget

Patch:latest

Season:first season

Just want to know is he worth it ? I have never managed him before so I don't know how he performs . I play a 4 3 3 with two wingers as inside forwards , neymar will play from the left . I have sold balotelli to make room in the squad

I wouldn't pay £80,000,000 for him. Can you get him any cheaper?

​I'm looking for an attacking right wing back, any ideas?

Position: WBR

Player Name:

Buyer/Seller:

Player's Value:

Offer:

Transfer/Wage Budget: £20m

Season: Start of 2nd

Moneys no object , he'll be around for at least 10 years... Does he perform in England in the position I'm going to play ... I couldn't get him cheaper

Neymar has been amazing for me at Man Utd. Playing him up front and he has got more than a goal a game, scores a lot from the left wing aswell. Worth every penny.

Archived