FM 13 Looking for thread

arsenalthebest

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Screw Fellaini, go for the cheap option.

Ruben Yteggard Jenssen;

Passing - 16

Anticipation - 15

Creativity - 16

Tackling - 12

Marking - 9

You can obviously improve the marking aspect. He doesn't have a high PA or anything but it doesn't matter since his stats are so perfectly balanced. His mental attributes are brilliant, especially his consistency and composure. perhaps lacking in bravery. Only real drawback is his height for the DLP position, he's only 5'9. ~Also highly professional. He will cost a couple of million at most.

Another youth prospect would be Ezequiel Cirigliano, a 20 y/o Argy at River Plate. He could probably be better than Jenssen but he fits your criteria, creative DLP but a strong tackle. though even shorter than Jenssen.

Expensive options? Etienne Capoue I think is perfect for the role. Has all the attributes you want but also is taller at 6'2. Has a release clause of £13m. Awesome player, and at 24 still has room to grow though maybe pushing it a bit if you wanted to mould him.

Fantastic, completely forgot about Jenssen! Will definitely be looking at him and Cirigliano!

EDIT: Jenssen has gone to Leverkusen :( luckily Cirigliano is still at River, so will look at bringing him in!

Thanks for the help!

Gino Peruzzi can play as MR. other option could be Kamohelo Mokotjo from Feyenoord.

You can also go for Nathan Redmond and develop him as you like.

Thank you I'll check those two out. I already had a bid accepted for Redmond but he wouldn't enter contract negotiations.

Club: QPR

Budget: 16-17m

Looking for: DL/R, AMC, GK

Season: 2 (First Summer Window)

Other: I finished 8th first season and have managed to steady the financial ship so player wages are not too much of a problem within reason.

Club: Arsenal

Budget: 25m

Looking for: Anchorman

With:

Other: I have Fellaini but I play him further up in a ball winning role.

Season: start of 2nd season

Loyalty Bonus:any

Agent Fee:any

cheers

Club: Inter

Budget: 1.5m

Looking for: Goalscorer

Other: I have Milito, Palacio and Cassano, but I used 3 up front which leaves me with no recognised striker backup except Geremy Lombardi who i'm trying to retrain as a striker. All three strikers are also 30 years+

Season: start of first season

I know it's a long shot, especially at such a low budget, but it's desperate times at Inter with so much debt...

Club: Inter

Budget: 1.5m

Looking for: Goalscorer

Other: I have Milito, Palacio and Cassano, but I used 3 up front which leaves me with no recognised striker backup except Geremy Lombardi who i'm trying to retrain as a striker. All three strikers are also 30 years+

Season: start of first season

I know it's a long shot, especially at such a low budget, but it's desperate times at Inter with so much debt...

Try Cornellius (~1.8M) - bit injury prone but scores decent goals when played as poacher.

Also have a look at Teofilo Gutierrez,

Club: Swansea

Budget: €16.1M (but I don't want to spend all my budget on one player)

Looking for: RB for the 1st eleven

Other: british players prefered;

Season: 2nd season winter

Nathaniel Clyne; Kieran Trippier; Adam Smith; Kyle Naughton

Club: Southampton

Budget: £30m (Althought I don't want to pay that much)

Looking for: Striker, similar to Lambert as he is still banging them in for me

With: Good with his head but good with feet too. British players preferred.

Season: January 2nd season (2nd in the league up to now)

Loyalty Bonus:

Agent Fee:

Club: Southampton

Budget: £30m (Althought I don't want to pay that much)

Looking for: Striker, similar to Lambert as he is still banging them in for me

With: Good with his head but good with feet too. British players preferred.

Season: January 2nd season (2nd in the league up to now)

Loyalty Bonus:

Agent Fee:

Not british but Ishak Belfodil or Facundo Ferreyra are great all round striker and you can snap him pretty cheap.

Club: Aston Villa

Budget: 15m

Looking for: first choice GK, AML

Season: start of second

Loyalty Bonus:

Agent Fee:

for my keeper I'd prefer a leader type, considering Ruddy for 5m. Birmingham want 15m for Butland even though they got relegated! Tom Ince was my top target for AML but costs 8.75m and wants 35k per week (after negotiating that down) which is a bit much for him. Wouldn't mind a good tutor to develop Grealish and Will Hughes but would need to be good enough to be in the first team

Club: Aston Villa

Budget: 15m

Looking for: first choice GK, AML

Season: start of second

Loyalty Bonus:

Agent Fee:

for my keeper I'd prefer a leader type, considering Ruddy for 5m. Birmingham want 15m for Butland even though they got relegated! Tom Ince was my top target for AML but costs 8.75m and wants 35k per week (after negotiating that down) which is a bit much for him. Wouldn't mind a good tutor to develop Grealish and Will Hughes but would need to be good enough to be in the first team

Jason Steele is a cheap and under rated keeper. More than good enough at PL level if not a world beater. Jay Emmanuel Thomas for AML?

Club: Everton

Budget: 4-6m

Looking for: Centre Midfielder, replacement for Fellaini

Season: January of First Season

Just sold Fellaini to Man Utd for £35m, so am looking to spend a little of the money received on a replacement. They don't have to necessarily be ready for first team football immediately, but someone who will be a consistently good PL midfielder would be ideal. I've already got Ruben Yttegard Jenssen, so he will probably take up Fellaini's role, so I'm just looking for a cheap, talented midfielder who's not going to ask for ridiculous wages. Thanks guys.

Club: Everton

Budget: 4-6m

Looking for: Centre Midfielder, replacement for Fellaini

Season: January of First Season

Just sold Fellaini to Man Utd for £35m, so am looking to spend a little of the money received on a replacement. They don't have to necessarily be ready for first team football immediately, but someone who will be a consistently good PL midfielder would be ideal. I've already got Ruben Yttegard Jenssen, so he will probably take up Fellaini's role, so I'm just looking for a cheap, talented midfielder who's not going to ask for ridiculous wages. Thanks guys.

try mario bolatti, so long as he has not been signed he is transfer listed, had him for napoil and he ate everything up in mid-field

Club: Newcastle

Budget: £18 million

Looking for: Creative winger, for either flank. AMR or AML position

Season: January 2015

I currently have Hatem Ben Arfa playing at AMR and he is the more creative force of my 2 wide men, provided 14 goals and 23 assists the previous season. However his latest contract demands are more than the club can afford and way more than I'd be comfortable playing even if we could afford them, so I'm considering cashing in on him during the summer unless he lowers the wage demands. I would like to sign up a potential replacement for him during this window though so I'd feel a little more comfortable trying to sell him in the summer.

I'm not just looking for someone who can whip crosses in from out wide (though good crossing would be nice :D) but someone who can really put defenders on the back foot when he runs at them and add a bit of flair, something unexpected.

Fede Vico. Can play either side, destroys defenders, is excellent at cutting inside from the wing in an inside forward role, and he'll likely be fairly cheap. He's probably best on the left as an inside forward, but he should be cheap enough for you to be able to afford 2 players. Failing that, you could try Andriy Yarmolenko. I have him in 2016 and he's a beast. 16 Crossing, 16 dribbling, 18 technique, 17 flair, 18 agility, 15 pace and acceleration and 19 work rate, and he's another that can play both flanks. Could be a little pricier than £18m, but if you can push your budget just a bit, he'll do a fantastic job for you!

I had Yarmolenko on my shortlist unfortunately Man Utd snapped him up while I was under a transfer embargo during a takeover bid :mad:

I'll check Vico out though cheers.:thup:

EDIT: oops, Vico now at Betis and tearing it up. Scouts reckon he'd cost us £17 mill....annoyingly Betis got him for £4.5 mill. However scouts also rate him at 4.5 stars for potential, so I may well go in for him anyway. Cheers

Cheers for the suggestions :thup:

Unfortunately the transfer embargo lasted till the last few days of the window, so wasn't able to bag any of them before it closed. Got close to sealing a deal for Lamela but just ran out of time in the end.

I suppose it gives me a few months to work unsettling one of two of them though :D Definitely planning to go in for Vico during the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Budget: 23m

Looking for: central midfielder

With: ability to play the box to box role

Other: Fellaini is at man city who I was thinking of.

Season: first season

Loyalty Bonus: any

Agent Fee: any

cheers

Budget: 23m

Looking for: central midfielder

With: ability to play the box to box role

Other: Fellaini is at man city who I was thinking of.

Season: first season

cheers

Keisuke Honda. Great player but lacking pace, though Fellaini is slow aswell.

Keisuke-Honda_-Attributes.png

thanks I have since changed the role here and am using a simple central midfielder on defend duty role

I have a few players in mind such as Fernandinho and vukojevic but not really sure , anyone got some better choices?

budget is 15m in first season

cheers

Could go for Fernando of Porto, but I don't think he's technically good enough. Could try Claudio Yacob, he has the stats to perform that role and can pretty uch do anything. Sit deep, tackle, pass. Great mental stats for a DM too.

On second thoughts, Yacob is a new WBA player, so would not be able to sign him until Jan at the earliest.

cheers guys next up is

A striker ?

who can play the advanced forward role , I use 2 strikers so in need of good depth here so it would also be good if I the player could play both the advanced forward and deep lying forward support role well?

first season

budget 15m

Club: Villa

Budget: up to 20m and 200k spare wages.

Looking for: DC

Season: pre season 2

Other: Finished 9th first season - play 3 at the back, need another DC - first team/key player status

edit - I have a policy of not offering more than 35/40k a week (before tax) for players in an attempt to keep wage bill down.

Other: Finished 9th first season - play 3 at the back, need another DC - first team/key player status

edit - I have a policy of not offering more than 35/40k a week (before tax) for players in an attempt to keep wage bill down.

Could be worth dipping your toes into the Dutch transfer market: Stefan de Vrij, Bruno Martins Indi, Virgil van Dijk, Toby Alderweireld and Ricardo van Rhijn are all good, relatively cheap options - the most expensive probably being Alderweireld at, say, £7-8 million.

Other options could be Ashley Williams, Phillip Wollscheid or Tom Lees. Good Luck!

See how much Doria is going for or Papadopoulous (sp?). Maybe Kirchoff? Or Coates if you could get him cheap enough.

Club: Paris SG

Budget: £15 million

Looking for: Central Defensive Midfielder

With: Good passing skills and good "clean-up" skills

Other: Has to be EU-citizen or have an EU passport

Season: First (July 2012)

Club: Paris SG

Looking for: Central Defensive Midfielder

With: Good passing skills and good "clean-up" skills

Other: Has to be EU-citizen or have an EU passport

Season: First (July 2012)

Rio Mavuba - Lille

Felipe Melo - Juve

Miguel Veloso - Dinamo Kyiv

Xavi Torres - Getafe

Ettiene Capoue(£13m release fee) - Toulouse

I would say these are your best choices given your budget. Capoue being no 1 due to his nationality and could still improve, Mavuba no 2 because he's great but at 28 is probably a 4 yr option at most.

Looking for: DLP

With: Decent defensive stats as well; initially as a backup for Arteta.

Other:

Season: July 2012

Looking for: Inside Forward Left

With:

Other:

Season: July 2012

Ben Afra from Newcastle could be the answer to your IFL - maybe Cabaye as well for DLP? Or there is someone from Seville, I can't remember his name but have a look at their team, he is only about 20, CM, Campiano or something comes to mind? Maybe have a look at him mate

Club: Newcastle

Budget: £30m

Looking for: AML , GK (with potential), ST

Season: start of 2nd on 13.3

Got £30m to spend, need 3 or 4 players and the players available haven't even changed. Don't want to buy Kweuke, Wellington Nem, Okore AGAIN. As many recommendations as you could think of would be welcome, thanks.

Archived