Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

That's a shame Gilbster it would have been a nice bonus.

Bulgaria is winding me up. I saved it on the 30th June and I go forward to the reset day on the next day (1st July it is Guno, so you may want to put that in the OP) and after a few reloads I noticed it looked like the same 4 teams going up every time, so I took a screenshot so i'd be able to notice any differences straight away and not once in another 10 reloads have a different team from a possible 4 come up :mad: It's not that I have a hope of getting a certain team that's the problem, it's just these 4 that keep coming up don't jump out to me :(

EDIT: I'm going to holiday another year and see what happens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took a lot of reloads to get some different teams up in Wales, it tended to be the biggest rep teams mainly.

My new season has started with 2 of my best players from last season getting injured and are out for 3-4 months so am struggling a bit so far, although up to semi finals of the league cup, so thats good.

Very annoyed!

My Hercules File has been corrupted somehow and can't be loaded. Very frustrating as we were 6th in the league with 4 games remaining :mad:

I have reloaded and holidayed and have taken the reins at Tollnes!

So we start again.............

Aaaah. Tollnes. I completed the challenge with them last year. They have a big place in my FM-heart, so I am glad to see you chose them.

Good luck with the yellow and black. may you bring them lots of success!

Thebaker Good luck with Newington

cookie15 Shame you lost your save :( Good luck at Tollnes

I had a stupid moment and didn't realise that the clubs I wanted in Romania were already playable or an extra division below and nothing stood out so going for Ukraine next and i'm sticking with it as reloading is doing my head in now :D

Hi guys,

Just wondering if this challenge is possible using FMC? I don't really have the time to indulge in a long-term career such as this anymore, however if it works on FMC then that would be fantastic. Are any of you using FMC?

Thanks.

Edit: Just searched through the thread, never mind. Still think I'll do something similar on FMC though, looks fun.

Ton Pentre - 14/15 End of Season Uupdate - Wales

Table

What a difference a season makes, last season end I was full of optimism, forgetting that optimism is a failsafe way of losing badly in FMs. In pre-season the board cut my wage budget for the season to exactly what I was spending, so I couldnt afford to sign anymore players, and had only managed to get a couple in.

The season starts and we lose 2 key players the 3-4 month injuries, during which actually the team did quite well. It was once everyone was back, that we went on an awful run of form, and tbh I think we are lucky to still be in the Welsh Premier division. My players need to learn that getting regular yellow cards is not the way to keep their manager happy.

We got to the quarter finals of the Welsh cup before losing to TNS 3-0.

We also got to the finals of the Welsh Premier League cup, where we lost 4-2 aet, to Aberystwyth, and in a repeat of last seasons final against them, we also got a player sent off.

Overall, all I can think is I need to restructure the team slightly, perhaps take a bit more of a punt on a couple of youth team players, and buy a brand new defense, as I'm sick of us giving away leads.

Keep on plugging away Gilbster seems like your getting close to some silverwear now.

Still in my first season at NK Novalja and sitting in a comfortable 5th position after 15 games.

I don't seem to be getting through the seasons very quickly this year but maybe thats because I'm determined to micro manage the club from top to bottom rather than shoot through the seasons asap.

Is it ok to post a mid season update as an end of season one might be a little way off?

Hi guys,Just wondering if this challenge is possible using FMC? I don't really have the time to indulge in a long-term career such as this anymore, however if it works on FMC then that would be fantastic. Are any of you using FMC?Thanks.Edit: Just searched through the thread, never mind. Still think I'll do something similar on FMC though, looks fun.
Sorry offen94.

Dexter Morgan's Ukrainian Youth Failure (Probably)

th_Zhemchuzhyna_Yalta.jpg

FC Zhemchuzhyna Yalta

Positions

Overview

Facilities

Manager Profile

A few things before I go any further.I set my past experience as Sunday League Footballer in the manager profile but noticed it came up as automatic, I reloaded to just to double check and it did it again, i'm happy to upload the save from the day before to the reset to prove this.

The facilities are better than what Gundo and others started off with for their youth only projects so I'm aware it'll probably be easier for me than some others but Zhemchuzhyna came calling to me for other reasons.

1) I like the club badge and i've never managed a team that wears orange :D

2) In real life they are bottom of their group in the third division having suffered financial difficulties and had 3 points deducted for not paying league fees on time.

3) This is the main reason taken from wiki

Zhemchuzhyna Yalta was founded in 2010 after the withdrawal of FC Feniks-Illichovets Kalinine from the Ukrainian First League. The team declared its readiness to takeover the rest of season in the First league.

However, Zhemchuzhyna was unable to get a license for the right to participate in the first league through licensing regulations of UEFA and FFU. The investors of Zhemchuzhyna guaranteed stable funding only if the club moved to Yalta.

The team did not enter the PFL in the 2011–12 season. Instead the team participated in the championship of the Crimea and the amateur championship of Ukraine. [4]

In 2012-2013 season the club gained professional status and will enter in the Ukrainian Second League championship in Ukraine.

The team has a training base for sports called "Inkomsport" in Kuibyshev, which is approximately 60 miles from Yalta

So I went to FC Feniks-Illichovets wiki page and found out that after they went bust they tried to originally reform as Zhemchuzhyna Yalta

FC Feniks-Illichovets Kalinine (Ukrainian: Фенікс-Іллічовець (also Фенікс-Іллічiвець); Russian: Феникс-Ильичёвец) was a Ukrainian football club based in Kalinine which is located south-west of Dzhankoy (in the Crimea region).

The team was winner of the Crimea championship in 2005, its bronze medallist in 2004 and 2006 and silver medallist of the Ukrainian amateur championship in 2005. In 2006/07 season they played in the Ukrainian Second League (group B), became runners-up and were promoted to the First League.

They participated in the Ukrainian First League until the club folded and withdrew from the competition during the winter break of the 2010–11 Ukrainian First League season.

The club attempted to reform at the end of 2010 as FC Zhemchuzhyna (Perlyna – in Ukrainian), in Yalta, Ukraine but the PFL did not allow for the transfer to occur

So with that being blocked Zhemchuzhyna Yalta are a club in their own right so bringing history to a new club with a story like that is always something that interests me (some may have read in the career forum last season I managed NK Olimpija Ljubljana who were established as a new club under similar circumstances despite their once proud history.

On to the playing side now, straight away I have problems because 2 of my best players are right backs but I have no left back at all in the squad. These 2 right backs are the only ones on the playing staff so realistically it's pointless retraining either because once one is injured/suspended i'm going to have the same problem anyway, so I have decided to play with a right back and have 3 central defenders and see how that goes :D

I was already happy with the squad I inherited to be honest, the players look half decent for this level and the better players are spread out well amongst the positions but Koryagin is by far the standout and has the likes of Shaktar after him, he's signed a contract with me though and i'd be happy even if I just get one season out of him before selling him on for big money.

Gilbster You still had a good season considering the injuries mate, Wales is a tough one to crack at the best times anyway because the top 3-4 clubs seem on a different level to the rest, you don't actually seem that far from winning a cup either so once you get that then things should start to look brighter for you.

Faultless Sounds like a good start, hope it continues for you. As for half way reports I usually prefer to do them unless nothing really interesting has happened because otherwise you're left with a longer write up at the end of the season and more screenshots to mess about with. When i've done season by season reports only in the past I find myself not wanting to bother because it's too much to messing about with :D

Yeah good luck Dexter. The reputation, this switches in some nations I understand to automatic as some don't have 'Sunday league experience' available?? Can't remember why at present.

Koryagin looks awesome! you'll have to keep hold of him, the fact that Shakthar are circling is evidence to his ability/potential.:thup:

Just had the dreaded words drop into my inbox; 'Brodd now in the process of a board takeover'.:eek:

Edit. And it ends with a local businessman taking over, immediately taking out a bank loan for 39k. Could of been worse I suppose.

Drew. Baranovichi. Belarus First League. 2014.

Table - Good season from the team, never in any danger of going down, and not far off from challenging a play-off spot, next season we will try harder.

Squad - Okay squad, only player to really stand out and that was Khlebosolov who incidently is off for £250k, not happy, but we need the money.

Transfers

Finances

Me

Challenging for a play-off spot next season is the aim.

Newington N.Ireland Second Division

Table

Positions

The season started well with strong league showings and good wins. By Jan the team was just behind the top two and in contention for promotion. The team went into freefall at this point with 11 points in 16 games to finish just above the relegation spots, especially as i could not work out why nearly all the players lost form. In the cups i went out to non league Killyleagh in the Qtr-final of the steel and sons cup after beating 1st division Ards in a previous round. I lost to 1st division Loughall in the 1st Rd of the intermediate cup and non league Rosario on penalties in the 2nd Rd of the Northern Irish cup. In the N Irish league cup i beat Premiership Glentoran and Donegal Celtic both away before losing to premiership Portadown. Thanks to having having the largest average crowd in the division of 190, my finances are not to bad as i didn't sign too many players.

Transfers

Squad

The squad has some decent players in it, my most talented Paterson went completely downhill after jan and was on the bench for the last few months, with O'Hanlon its to early to tell. Stannex did well for his modest ability but the best player was Addis, injury kept him out for 6 weeks during which the team lost all there games. The youth gave up a few players who could become decent premiership players in a few years.

Season            League          Position       N.Irish Cup              Other Cups                Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/14       2nd Division         13th           2nd Rd             League Cup - Qtr Final         Not yet               None             
                                                                    S&S - Qtr Final
                                                                    Intermediate - 1st Rd

FC Petržalka, Slovakian 2nd Division - 2013-2014

Fc_petr%C5%BEalka_1898.png

Information

Slovakian 2nd Division

Final Position: 2nd

League Table

Graph

Second Half of the Season

Man, I know I wasn't ready to go up, but being so close made it really quite difficult to accept. A pretty horrible last half of the season condemned us to stay in Division 2, 2 of my 3 strikers not scoring for a somewhat staggering 20 games. A good effort despite this, and something to build on, I just hope it doesn't lead to unrealistic board expectations next season.

Slovakian Cup

Met expectation and lost out in the Quarter Finals.

The Squad

Squad

Kanuk

Hanuscak

Kubala

Flyashko

Klenovsky

Lesko

Schustrik

Novisedlak

Stevko

Kebe

Top Scorers

Stevko: 13

Kebe: 8

Novisedlak: 7

Hecko: 5

Lesko: 4

Assists

Lesko: 11

Schustrik: 9

Stevko: 6

Hanuscak: 5

Riziky: 3

Best XI

Bextxi2014.png

Season | League   | Position  |  Cup    |  Europe                 |      Achievements        |  Top Scorer(lge)       | 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014   | 2.div    |   2nd   |QF          | N/A                     | N/A                      | Stevko (13)                                |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Promising Youth Stars

Fantastic intake, much potential in these three.

Seman

Orsula

Kral

Other News:

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/Transfer2014.png No Cheating!

Good season Mand312 looks like you have a few decent players coming through. Usually i'd say being in Slovenia you need to get up in the first season from previous experiences because it is tough to make any kind of money, but as it's a youth save i'd be pretty be happy I haven't gone up.

I've put my FC Zhemchuzhyna Yalta save on hold at the moment because i'm integrating Foggia in the Big Euro one challenge with a another challenge on another forum. Things are going pretty decent where I left off though, sitting in 5th place just before the winter break, it is a pretty division though so i'm far from safe but not too far off the top. Koryagin has started to come in to his own now after a slow start. I'm not too sure if I want to go up this season if truth be told because i'd like to give the younger players an extra season. I guess i'll see where I am by the time the youth intake comes through before deciding how to approach it.

gundo my board expectations are a respectable league position, which seems to be 2nd to 6th or so. I think imI am going to find this very tough financially, as I am already -500k! Kral's potential has dropped to 2.5* I think he is another one with a bad attitude!

Well finances are the major downside for me also and I can't see us progressing further without upgrading our facilities and we can't do that without money. Our finances aren't as bad as yours granted but still in the red and looking like losing another 80-100k this season.:(

Gilbster - Ton Pentre - Wales - 2015/16 End of Season Update

Table | Squad

It was a weird season, in that I had to rely on my youngsters and young players brought in with high potential, as I just could barely find any other sorts of signings. I think most of the squad are only rated as decent for the league, which is worse than my first two seasons..

.. but yet it was our most successful season to date, ok we had some awful runs of form, mainly against the other sides in the top 6, but the second we were guaranteed to finish in the top half of the table, I was able to relax and try out more players as lets face it, accepting a minimum of 6th place is better than possible relegation in past seasons.

We went out in the first round of the Premier League cup, and finished 5th in the table.

But whats really really made me smile is this Welsh Cup Final

Yes! We won a final, our first ever win the the Welsh Cup, only second time in clubs history that we had ever made the final. This means that somehow we will be playing in the first qualifying round for the Euro Cup next season.

My only aim is to not be completely embarassed, and to somehow finish top 6 in the table again next season.

Actually or an FM save? haha:lol:

FM save! I think I'm done with FM12 and Jadran Dekani. I was getting closer to finishing, but with each session I was playing I was feeling more and more like I should start something with FM13 seeing as it's been sat on my computer for a few weeks now. Maybe I'll go back at some point if this save goes horribly awry.

And so,

Introducing the new manager of FK Fotbal Třinec

default.jpg

Třinec is a small town in east Czech Republic. Its history runs from the 14th century, largely as an agricultural community, although today the main employer in the area is the Třinec

Iron and Steel Works, who sponsor the local football team. The town lies on the Polish border, and indeed has a large minority Polish contigent (over 17% of the population). Indeed the origins of the club lie in both the Czech and the Polish communities. Founded separately in the 1920s as KS Siła Trzyniec (Polish) and SK Třinec (Czech), the two clubs merged in 1952 to form TŽ Třinec, which, after a number of name changes, became FK Fotbal Třinec in 2000.

With average junior coaching and youth recruitment already in place, new manager Jonny Howe has declared a vision where the club develops its own talent, and has vowed to forgo the temptations of the transfer market. [Disclaimer: We'll see how this goes, I might relax it to only allowing Czech and Polish players; currently undecided]

Ok Ton Pentre have Debrecen (Hungary) in the first qualifying round of the Euro cup. Not sure how much I fancy our chances, but we will do our best, making my team have an extended pre-season to account for this match!

edit: 1st Leg Debrecen 5-2 Ton Pentre, somehow got to keep a clean sheet at home and score lots!

2nd Leg Ton Pentre 3 -5 Debrecen

Well lets face it we never really had a chance, but a nice outing for the players, and nice to see how some of them would cope in Europe.

Board wants european qualification for this season as well, so lets see what we can do for them.

logo_lyn.jpg

Taunton - Lyn - Season review - 2014 - Norwegian 1. division

League: 9th

It was an ok season. We were never in danger of relegation, and had made the play-offs if we had won our last game. Unfortunately we drew. Gave away too many leads to really compete, but I am sure it is possible to do well in this division. A big minus is the sub-bug because of me starting the game in the beta. So you are only allowed three substitutes on the bench. That made it difficult when selecting your match-day squad.

Hopefully I can strengthen the squad, and fight for the play-offs next year. I am still struggling to get to grips tactically this FM, but hope I soon manage to find a way to play that I am comfortable with.

Best player and top scorer: Magnus Ask Mikkelsen. Signed permanently this season. Did well, but overall we scored not enough goals.

Youth prospect: Ronny Fagerthun.[/url] Each year a player with great potential has emerged. Hope this one will be a good striker in the future.

Economy: Heavy in the red. We have to find a way to make money soon.

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 150.000 p/w ( 77 071 p/w)

Transfer budget: Nkr 60.000 (196 162)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 2043 (727)

Norwegian players in the first team squad: 80% (100 %)

Next season: Chasing a play-off spot, and stop letting in late equalisers.

Season | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer         |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2013   | 2. div   |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd |    N/A    |  Magnus Ask Mikkelsen (14) 
2014   | 1. div   |    9[size=1]t[size=1]h[/size][/size]    | 2.rnd |    N/A    |  Magnus Ask Mikkelsen (10) 

Drew. Baranovichi. Belarus First League. 2015

Table - Easy, a little too easy, and of course we need a massive influx of players to survive next season.

Squad - good effort from the guys, stand out performer was Yakimov and Rusak

Transfers - Pretty even in terms of players coming in and out, although we lost our best striker for £250k.

Finances decreasing by a lot, we earn bugger all in revenue.

Me

Next season is simple, stay up.

Might have to try, yet again, to complete this in Slovenia.

Am I right in thinking that it still hasn't been done? (just read the FM12 thread and saw how close johnnyquest came - CL semi is better than I have managed in about 6 attempts, well done!)

Imagine it might be made a bit easier by Croats being EU nationals soon.

Gilbster Chuffed you got a cup to show for your work so far mate :thup: Shame your adventure in Europe couldn't have gone on a bit longer but hopefully just being there will give you the ability to attract a few better players. Decent enough showing in the league too considering what you said about your squad.

johnnyquest409 Good luck with Třinec

Taunton Shame you didn't get that little bit of luck to hold out for one of your games but obviously you are close to going up so hopefully next year.

Drew Well done on promotion :thup:

spotg You're right Slovenia hasn't been done yet, if I didn't already have 2 saves on the go i'd be tempted to try and break that duck myself :D I also had a save with Olimpija on FM12 and found that difficult even with my youth facilities providing class kids every year, by the time I even looked like having a chance I left the club because all my hard work was being undone by 18/19 year olds wanting to leave even though they'd not be where they was if it wasn't for me. Very frustrating there though I did make things harder for myself in that by giving myself the challenge of only signing players from the former Yugoslavia :D

Gilbster - Ton Pentre - 2016/17 End of Season Update

Table | European Playoff

What an improved attempt from Ton Pentre this season, towards the end we had an outside chance of winning the league, and although we only got 3rd, I couldnt be happier with the team. We then went on to win the European Places playoff semi and final, so are back in Europe next season.

As detailed in a post above, our first trip into Europe saw us go to Debrecen, and lets face it we were annihilated. I think its partyl luck of the draw at this stage, but the more seasons in a row we can get into some sort of European competition, the better our rep will be, and more chances we have of improving finances and players.

We did manage to upgrade one of our scouts and he did find us some good players, the only slight problem is I was having to pay real amounts for them, and thus we are drastically over wage budget this season, and until I can remove some players that will be the case.

Unforunately the cups werent kind to us this season, as we were knocked out in the first rounds of each.

Think my aims for next season, is perhaps a smaller loss in Europe, followed by trying to consolidate us as a top 3 Welsh side. Always was looking at this as a very long term save, so quite happy with our progress so far. Lets face it we were never gonna rival Dexter in completing in 4 seasons!

Austria Salzburg – First Division 2013/14 – Season 1

---

NOTE: This is my third attempt at Season One as the first two failed badly as I struggled with the tactics (not helped that it takes half a season for your players to learn a formation) - attempt one saw me use my normal 4-4-2 formation which has done me well with a few tweaks since the roles/duties were introduced a few years back - however this time it failed badly, we just couldn't score my players would get 30yards out and shoot regardless which left us rockbottom without a chance.

Attempt two saw me try out an attacking 4-2-3-1 formation - which saw us score goals but conceed even more, and with 10 games left we were again rock bottom and not in the mood to play the next game I went on holiday and left it to my assistant manager who somehow won the game, I then let him go again and he won the second game so as an experiment I let him pick the tactics (he picked a 4-2-2-1-1 that we don't have access to) and I picked the players to go with his tactics and with a 3-0 win over Grodig on the last day he pulled us into 8th place on goals scored ahead of Grodig having won 7 and drawn 2 of the last 10 games. So with my squad having some ability I started again for the third time...

---

So here we go again, after making it to the Champions League in 2012 hopefully I'll get time to play further this time around. (I've also just noticed I never posted up my FM12 Champions League season - I'll finish that off and get it uploaded into last years thread).

With the expectations to avoid relegation the board gave me £400K we didn't have for transfers, the bookies expected us to go down whilst the media reckoned we'd finish 9th.

Transfers - I picked up various freebies and poached a couple of youngsters whilst attempting to get rid of the deadwood.

FA Cup - We made it to the Second Round on pens, before being dumped out by a non-league side (The FA Cup starting in pre-season really is silly).

Table - We somehow finished the season in sixth place thanks to winning 5 of our last 6 games - we spent the whole season fighting Lusteanu for bottom place as we struggled to get going - my initial tactics were based on what I thought my Assistant used in attempt 2 - 4-2(DM)-2(MRL)-1-1 but set on counter attacking - designed to defend solidly and break quickly with my attackers and wingers and it showed promise but we couldn't get a run going and kept on making silly mistakes the worst being my Keepers who would just ball watch instead of making any attempt to save the ball, so going into the second half of the season after a read of the tactics forum I switched over to my preferred 4-4-2 formation and we started to click also helped was the arrival of a couple of loaness in January,and finally going into the final games we found a backbone - in the 33rd game we claimed only our 5th away win against fellow strugglers Hartberg in a 5 goal thriller - we opened the scoring after 8mins, on 20mins Hartberg were reduced to 10 men but equalised on the stroke of half-time as we fell asleep on a free kick, they then took the lead midway through the second half as again we fell asleep on a free kick this time the free kick cross itself ending up in the back of the net, a few mins later we gave away a pen that my Keeper and the post saved and went up the other end and made it 2-2 before grabbing the winner in the 89th minute after Hartberg had been reduced to 9men thanks to an injury. With results elsewhere actually going our way for a change we moved upto 7th place level with Grodig, two points clear of beaten Hartberg and three clear of bottom club Lustenau.

Next up we were home to bottom club Lustenau who we'd beaten, lost and drawn to this season so this game could go anyway, and to make matters worse I was missing my two central midfielders, however young understudy Herzgsell got us off to a flyer scoring after 2mins before he decided to lunge two-footed at a Lustenau player on 8mins leaving us with 10men for the entire game, however Lustenau were dead and buried and we claimed a priceless 3-1 victory to pull us six points clear and make us all but safe. Which we made sure of in our next game beating Vienna 2-1 to leapfrog them into 6th place where we finished.

Somehow we finished with the third best home record in the league even more surprising were Lustenau in 4th.

Squad

In the centre of Defence Peter Pollhuber and Stefan Hager eventually formed a solid partnership and were impressive at the back with them grabbbing the 1st and 3rd highest amount of man of the match awards each.

In midfield I brought in highly rated German Youngster Robert Hartmann who'd been released by Dortmund, covering him was Fabian Herzgsell a highly rated youngster who starts at the club. On the left was Slovenian Vedran Vinko who'd been released by Metz and did well before injury ended his season halfway through the season, covering him was highly rated youngster Timo Janssen who was signed for a club record £1k from Voralberg.

In the centre was another German Gunther Magath who'd been released by Bayern and big things were expected from him after he was named player of the Euro U19 championship and he didn't let me down.

Upfront I brought in Brazilian Striker Pinheiro to provide the goals who'd been playing in the lower leagues of Austria and Croatia, I also picked up Edin Ibrahimovic (no idea if he is any relation to Zlatan?) after he'd been released by SV Reid.

My Academy also gave me two players with potential for next season - Jasmin Basic an Austrian born Bosnian Striker and Florian Enzenberger who can play on either wing.

Best XI - is somewhat messed up as I started the season with a 4-2-2-1-1 formation before switching to 4-4-2, whilst my Left Back Franke appears to have had his appearances for the season not counted, and my backup left back spent more time on the left wing hence him appearing there.

Awards - Hartmann was named Young Star of the Year, whilst Pinheiro was the third top scorer in the league.

Finances - Are not looking good as paying out £20K p/w in player wages sends us badly into the red, the board however then made things worse by spending over £1m expanding our ground (though to be fair it is going from 1,825 to 2,965 and we had 15 sellouts from 18 games last season however it still leaves us with the smallest stadium bar newly promoted Gratkorn) half of which is a one year bank loan, I then had to handover £170K to my players for our league position and another £50K in bonuses for staying up.

Manager Profile - Looks like the old bug about being able to lower your wage demands is back thankfully so I get the board to agree to a 5-year contract on £425p/w rather than the 1-year on £1,250 p/w they were offering - the difference could pay for three players.

So the plan for next season is to hopefully get promoted - we are losing money, we also need a reputation boost to attract players as a disadvantage of of the First Division is you can only register 7 FGN players (not non-EU but non-Austrian) and am I at nine currently so two of my youngsters have had to be left unregistered for the forthcoming season, I am also struggling to find quality Austrian players who are affordable and want to play for me, we also need to improve our facilities and amount of coaches which need money and a reputation boost, it also doesn't help that coaches will now longer train youth players - which leaves Vassell my head of youth development as my only youth coach thankfully the only youth players I have are the two academy players and promoting them to the first team makes them be trained by my normal coaches.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements         Europe   Euro Ranking Austria (UCL/EL)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14        First Division             6th                                                 14 (2/3)

default.jpg

NK Třinec - Season Review - 2013/14 - Czech Second Division

League Table - Past Positions - Finances - Facilities

I've never attempted a save solely relying on the youth academy before, so this should be interesting. I gave my country and team choice a fair bit of thought before settling here. Firstly I figured Czech Republic was the place for me - after all, my FM12 save with Slovenia's Jadran Dekani at least a dozen young Czech players over the years. The choice of Třinec in the end was pretty straightforward. A few reloads showed them to be the best set-up for a youth challenge, so here I am.

It's quite refreshing just diving straight into a game without having to scour the transfer market and scout every nook and cranny you can find for once. It certainly makes the game go quicker. The first impressions of my squad were, wow, these guys are old. My starting line-up for most of this season featured a 38-year-old 'keeper, three defenders aged 33, 34 and 34, and a target man also of 38 years - officially the oldest team in the league.

We were predicted to finish 9th, and started off looking like that was a pretty accurate description. In truth we were never in danger of relegation, but also never really threatening the two promotion places. We enjoyed a decent cup run, beating non-league sides and one top-flight team, before falling to Jablonec in the quarter-final.

We ended up finishing 6th, which I'm perfectly happy with.

Squad stats

Key Players

Two to mention here, both strikers, who finished 2nd and 3rd highest scorers in the league.

Petr Bednar - Young target man, probably the best player at the club. I've had to tell him that we'll be promoted within two years otherwise he'll leave.

But, with this being a youth save, the main feature of the season was inevitably going to be the arrival of the new batch of youngsters. Named in the division Team of the Year.

Tomas Gavlak - Despite being taller than Bednar, he plays as a poacher/advanced forward for me. Finished the season really well.

Youth candidates

Well, what can I say! Four 5-star potentials, plus a couple of other worthy of tags. Looks like my choice of club was a good one :)

YP01a - Vladimir Tesarik - Potential to be a leading First Division GK apparently! With my current number one more than 23 years older than Tesarik, getting a decent GK through is huge news. If he turns out to become as good as my assistant thinks, he could be with the club for years.

YP01b - Jaroslav Pospech - A creative CM, with great technique and first touch. I've given him a few games this season, and he fitted in perfectly. He even crowned his introduction to the side by winning Player of the Month for May. He'll start every game he's fit for next season.

YP01c - Marek Vlcek - The first of two DCs, much needed considering the current age of my defence. Should play quite a lot next season.

YP01d - Michal Dvorak - The other DC, will probably be back-up for next season, liking his high determination and teamwork.

No signings!

Like so many others, we're hemorrhaging money, despite being nowhere near filling our wage budget. I managed to get the board to improved the junior coaching as soon as I took over, but now that we're £400k in debt, I can't see us getting any further improvements anytime soon. BUT, still, a good season, with a great youth intake. Onwards!

Season  |      League     |  Position   |     Cup      |     Europe      |     Achievement     | Top Scorer (Lge)      
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 | Second Division |     6th     |      QF      |        -        |       Inc. JC       | Tomas Gavlak (19)     

Archived