The Sammarinese Challenge

TWFL

Leonavich I have spent the past hour or so reading your story :p what settings did you use for your manager at the start of the game? Int experience? Did you start straight into managing both the club and national team?

Thanks for reading! I'm glad people are still reading as it seems the number of people participating have dropped.

I'm pretty sure I had International Experience as I have I think 25 or so caps with 3 goals for the national team. I started as both Manager of the Club and International team as I think it gives you the best chance to steal as many Italian/Sammarinese players as you can (to date that has been only a handful) and a keep using players that are deemed "over the hill" even though they are still far better than anyone else (Andy Selva for example early on).

I am not huge on team talks after a while so I started out doing them and eventually palmed these off to my assistant most of the time.

I would also recommend a 1 month rolling save as I have had a few crashes, which almost made me give up. Other than that, not much else to my start.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Astrix! I would hope I can at least win the Serie A by the time I conclude this challenge, as the World Cup seems a bit out of reach at this stage. But I hope that someone is able to finally complete this challenge in its entirety.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing your updates to this challenge.

Club Mid Season Review 2030-31

Key Transfers in

The Team was starting to Gel towards the end of last year and I wanted to give the younger youth products from the club a chance to get a run in the first team, so I made no major transfers in this window and none until January where I picked up a free agent.

Stephane Mangan (Free Transfer) DL - Free

As a free agent he had no string attacked and was decent enough to work as a rotational backup for the left of defence. His real purpose was due to injuries though as Marini, Girolamo and Formiga where all out at one stage and we needed someone in fast for a few games. Has so far stepped up to the plate and may take Girolamo's spot as the usually loyal defender starts to get restless as a reserve.

Key Transfers Out

Ademir (Napoli) ST - £3.5m

With 5 strikers vying for a position alongside Ademir, he was always going to struggle for first team opportunities and Napoli Co-Owning with him last year gave him the chance for that. They bought out the rest for £3.5m to make a total transfer value of £5.1m which is not a true reflection of his worth but a nice tidy sum nonetheless.

Calogero Ferrante (Varese) AMRC/ST - £2.6m

A youth player at the club who had an ego problem and was on his way out anyway. Ferrante's contract was expiring at the end of the year and wanted a big money contract to stay, so he was always leaving by the end of the season anyway, however Varese who loaned him last year felt he could be the man to earn them promotion and laid out a whopping £2.6m for a player who had never proven himself at the highest level but wanted to be paid as if he had. To put some perspective, Grille our start striker earns £5.75k per week and has a ratio of more than a goal a game at 14 from 20 in the league. Ferrante is now on £24.5k in the Serie B and has 11 from 37 at 6.67, aiding Varese very little.

Hernan Ale (Free Transfer) ST - Free

Brought in to be the replacement for Olivari when he was sold but failed to fit the bill. With so much competition up front now, he was left until his contract expired and then given permission to leave the club.

Mauricio Ciminari (Free Transfer) DM/MC - Free

Was just starting to really be given the opportunity as a solid rotation player and was the likely replacement for Borges when he decides to retire. However, he was not willing to wait or fight with Mularoni and Stahl for a role he thought he should already have now and decided to leave on a Bosman for guaranteed first team time.

Miguel Paez (Free Transfer) GK - Free

First team keeper replacing Ospina, and the long term replacement for Grill, we expected a good 5-8 seasons out of Paez, all the while, while he moulds Seguin in to our next keeper. However the pupil out mastered the tutor faster than anyone thought and Seguin became the starting shot stopper within his first season as Paez fell out of favour in just a few seasons. Unhappy ant moving from first choice to second, he decided to leave on a free.

Manuel Below (Co-Ownership Juventus) MC - £850k

Below was he next batch of midfielders to control the engine room and played decently in his time when given the chance, however Juventus put in a bid for half the contract and it was taken as we still had he quality in midfield. Zumbi then stepped up his game and made one of the future spots his this season, leaving Below under a lot of pressure to step up. He stays at the club during the Co-Ownership but will need to prove himself if I am to bid on getting that 50% of his contract back.

Current Season Highlights

- Juventus once again beat us in the Italian Super Cup for the second year running.

- We made it through the group stages by the skin of our teeth as we beat Genk in our last game and Lyon lost to a rampant Barcelona to allow us second spot with 6 points in 6 games.

groupvf.jpg

- Bovu Received the African Broadcaster of the Year award for the second year in a row, but came runner up in the Midfielder of the Year award this time around. He managed to also make the African XI again to give him 2 awards and a runners up place.

- The Italian Cup was not to be ours this year as Fiorentina eliminated us in extra time in the First Round.

- We Currently sit in 4th in a tightly contested league and have to keep pace with Juventus, Fiorentina, Roma and Genoa while AC Milan is also lurking in the background.

@leonavich – Priore for now doesn't play very well for national team, but he geets better and better, I have a lot of problems with full backs both in club and national team, i must see to improve that in my tactics.

Season 2015/16

Transfers In:This season i decided to buy more players, i want to loan in a few more players but clubs want their wages to be paid in full, but with so bad finances as we have, this was impossible.

I buied a few extremly good young players.

Central defenders Simone Peccorini and Simone Pettriccioulo, both of them were fantastic all over the season. I also bring in Kwame N'Dah, and Yago Del Piero, midfielders who had solid season, but i expect more from them in next season. Michele Genuario, striker from Cesena, didn' t play games, so i will sold him out if somebody offer me some money. All of that players played for me in c1. One year older and a lot better. Then i bring in two big names. Slovenian midfielder Valter Birsa, who had very good season, and with his experience contribute a lot in final position in Serie B. Mancini, 35 years old famous Brazilian winger, who played for Roma before, at beginning of the season he playxed solid in forward, but he couldn' t contribute a lot.

I loaned In few players, all of them was not good. Full backs Nunzio Lasagni, and Luigi Negrello was terrible, but played a lot of matches, becaouse other full backs except Ochieng, was even more terrible. If I said, that the best full back had average rating 6.81 at the season, you can see that i have a lot of problems with full backs.

I also loaned in midfielder Edoardo Rulli, who was solid substitute and Lorenzo Musto, striker, who scored only 2 goals, but played very solid. I bring in another striker zoran Josipovic, who hadn' good season, i expected more from this U21 Switzerland player. At the middle of the season I bring In a few players, who were with exception of Moussa Sanogo, just a episodist, and didn't meet expectations.

Transfers Out: I sold out Ibrahima camara, for 160k, he didn't play well for me and this was a lot of money for San Marino, so this was good decision. I loaned In few young players, and Tomaso Romito to Lecce, so i free some founds in salary. In January I decided to accept 250k from Napoli for co-ownership for Simone Peccorini, mainly because he will stay next two season in my team.

Club:

Very very good season, over the expectaisons. We finished at 3rd place, at the end of season, played very consistent thorough the season, with amazing scorer Federico Laurito. He was top scorer of the league with amazing 36 goals. We have some crisis in the midddle of the season, but at the end i'm very satisfied with the season. I have a lot of poblems with full backs, and I must solve this problem if I want more progress. In most matches, one or both Full backs have rating not more than 6.00. Only at the end of the season ochieng find good form, and played some decent games.

In Italian Cup we lost in first round against Virtus Entrella 3-4, played terrible especcialy in defence.

In Playoff we face Ternana, First game in Ternana we played very well, we were better side, but at the end result was 1-1. I was pretty optimistic after that maatch, but then first goalkeeper Dossena, injured for 7 months, and Penessi didn't played so good, and we lost 0-2.

I was not to downharted, I hope next year will be even more better, becaouse financial situation are way better then this season. We were not more in red numbers, but still there is not money for upgrading facilities. Faccilities are in very bad condition, but dn't have money for upgrading. Maybe next year.

Transfers: http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s577/nishki/2013-03-26_00001_zps55a03e65.jpg

Serie B Team of the year : http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s577/nishki/2013-03-25_00008_zpsdafc1ce0.jpg

League table : http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/nishki/media/2013-03-25_00001_zps4ef27184.jpg.html#/user/nishki/media/2013-03-25_00005_zpsc6447926.jpg.html?&_suid=136432856844807632930587375477

team stats : http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s577/nishki/2013-03-25_00004_zps6c413941.jpg

National Team 2015:

Incredible year for National Team. Year started with the win against faroe Islands 2-1,then three looses in WCQ against Albania, Germany and Slovakia, then very good game against Niger, we lead 3-1 with two goals of Mattia Steffanelli, but at the end only 3-3. I was satisfied because we scored 3 goals. Then again looses in WCQ and at the end another win against Hong Kong, this was biggest win in history – 2-0.

Till now Steffanelli scored 6 times, and he is on the way to become all time top goalscorer.

I hope with the upgrading faccilities, we can achieve even more. Maybe some win in European wualifications.

San Marino best eleven : http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s577/nishki/2013-03-25_00001_zps4ef27184.jpg

Fixtures : http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s577/nishki/2013-03-25_00003_zps61736515.jpg

Ranking graph : http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s577/nishki/2013-03-25_00002_zps6fd9f263.jpg

Club 2030-31

Season Review

It was not a good start to the season as we lost the Italian Super Cup to Juventus for the second time running, before then lost the first game of the season to Inter. We got our season under way with a 5-1 win over Parma followed by an awesome 5-2 win over fellow title challengers Napoli. Barcelona put us in our place with 1-0 win in the Champions League before Roma gave us our second league loss. We then put together 4 wins before Udinese and Catania beat us and made our season fall off the rails with 6 wins and 4 losses in the league. A win and loss in CL saw us sit in third before we beat Lyon in the return leg to go level on points. A 0-0 draw with Barca saw us 2 points behind 2nd with Lyon to Play Barca and us, Genk. Prior to this match we had 2 more draws and a loss in the league before a narrow win over Alto Adige and a few other stock standard results. We one of CL game over Genk as Lyon lost, for us to go through, one point more earned from the Barca draw. The Italian Cup saw us lose in the first round as then first place Fiorentina beat us in extra time to thwart our defence of the trophy, while our league form continued to be erratic with a 5-1 win over Ascoli followed by a 2-1 loss to Milan to round out the year.

The second half started better than the first as we beat Inter at home to start a massive 12 game streak which included some huge results such as Modena (4-1), Cesena (4-0), Palermo (4-1), Atalanta (4-1) and Udinese (5-0). This run put us in first by a long way and signalled a complete turn around for the season as we had struggled so far in the season. The fact that we were in 4th at new year signalled a very tight league though, so such a run allowed us to reach a mammoth 12 point gap after having played an extra game at one point. One such game was a 0-0 draw with Napoli, which was more memorable as being my 1000th game in management.

Our first loss was a complete reverse of our current form as Chelsea beat us in the second leg of the first knock out round 5-0, which was a disappointment after we wont the first leg 3-2 (7-3 aggregate). We hit our stride again with a 4-0 win over Fiorentina, before Juventus beat us for the 3rd time of the season 1-0, but went on to win the next 4 games to take out a commanding lead of 7 points after the gap was brought down. Juventus could not win on match day 36 though and the result left the gap at 7, and gave me my first, and the club's first, ever title win! I rotated the squad ad we lost the last two games over Ascoli and Milan, but it did not matter. The lead looked smaller than it was as we won by a solitary point, 79 to Juventus' 78, but we had sealed it two games earlier which made it all the more memorable that it looked like a one day, last matchday win.

A fantastic campaign as we finally win a league trophy, and the Serie A after twice coming in second place. Grille once again top scored with 29 for the season, a massive double Nieuwenhuis who was second with 14, to show the level of difference he has made since joining the club. Ross Hemmings had 7 as a rotation striker. Schneider and Bochini both had 6 each from midfield, while Macagno made a good full season debut from the youth side notching 5 from defence to top score from the defenders, as well as averaging 7.94 from 21 Serie A games to shine. This however was not enough to get the Fans Player of the Year award, as Grille picked it up for his contribution to the cause and his 7 Player of the Match awards, to top the team in that category also.

Assists saw Bovu dominate with 12 despite two lengthy injury stints, but surprising was Borges with 11 right behind him. Not known for his assisting ability, he has certainly thrived in a more stationary position and is doing better than ever at 34. Bochini rounded out the double figures with 10, while Gustavo did well from his limited appearances to notch 7 as the best of the strikers.

Schneider also claimed the Fair Play Player of the year Award for the first time in the club's history while Gill and Seguin made the Serie A Team of the Year

The sheer volume and spread of the scorers and assists is what helped us take the title this year after we pushed so hard last season. It is a sad day though as Bertolini has decided to hang up his boots. He could not of done it in a better season, winning the Serie A in his final year, and even better was the fact he topped off the season as the highest ever capped Sammarinese and highest ever appearance maker for the club side. He also captained the club side in his last games over AC Milan, and Estonia at both club and international level. It's not all bad though as he remains on in our back staff and will go down as our first official youth, Sammarinese product and legend who also remained a one club player. [/url]. Petrucci also called it quits and hung up his boots as he battled Bertolini for the title of most appearances for the club, as two stalwarts retire and show that these next few seasons will be the next changing of the guard.

League Table

Squad

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                | Apps    | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   | Hol  | Philippe Seguin     | 47      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 86%  | 0.02 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.07   |  
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   | Hol  | Tomaso Surano       | 44 (1)  | 4    | 3    | 1    | 77%  | 4.68 | 0.50 | 54%  | 3    | 0    | 7.44   | 
| DCR  | Hol  | Franco Macagno      | 23 (1)  | 5    | 2    | 5    | 72%  | 2.39 | 0.55 | 38%  | 3    | 1    | 7.79   | 
| DCL  | Hol  | Mussa ****          | 38 (1)  | 3    | 1    | 1    | 81%  | 2.33 | 0.34 | 80%  | 5    | 0    | 7.35   | 
| DL   | Hol  | Simongiorgio Marini | 37 (2)  | 0    | 3    | 1    | 67%  | 5.46 | 0.79 | 64%  | 7    | 0    | 7.37   | 
| DMC  | Hol  | José Borges         | 39 (1)  | 1    | 11   | 1    | 83%  | 8.28 | 0.30 | 34%  | 19   | 1    | 7.62   | 
| MCR  | Hol  | Zumbi               | 22 (6)  | 4    | 4    | 0    | 81%  | 6.35 | 0.53 | 43%  | 4    | 0    | 7.21   | 
| MC   | Hol  | Marlon Bovu         | 30 (2)  | 4    | 12   | 2    | 74%  | 6.97 | 1.60 | 37%  | 12   | 1    | 7.50   | 
| MCL  | Hol  | Tino Schneider      | 42 (2)  | 6    | 5    | 4    | 79%  | 5.86 | 1.22 | 38%  | 1    | 0    | 7.29   | 
| STCR | Hol  | Guillermo Grille    | 42 (3)  | 29   | 7    | 7    | 70%  | 2.45 | 0.95 | 44%  | 5    | 1    | 7.59   | 
| STCL | Hol  | Ruud Nieuwenhuis    | 25 (3)  | 14   | 5    | 4    | 73%  | 2.35 | 1.55 | 49%  | 2    | 0    | 7.17   | 
| S1   | Hol  | Aldo Angelini       | 1       | 0    | 0    | 0    | 89%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.00   |
| S2   | Hol  | Luís Gustavo        | 11 (12) | 5    | 7    | 1    | 67%  | 2.04 | 0.68 | 38%  | 1    | 0    | 7.05   | 
| S3   | Hol  | Nicola Girolamo     | 5 (4)   | 0    | 1    | 0    | 75%  | 3.02 | -    | -    | 1    | 0    | 6.75   | 
| S4   | Hol  | Luigi Bertolini     | 8 (8)   | 3    | 0    | 1    | 81%  | 1.80 | 0.21 | 75%  | 1    | 0    | 7.25   | 
| S6   | Hol  | Dirk Stahl          | 15 (7)  | 1    | 2    | 0    | 77%  | 5.31 | 0.38 | 50%  | 2    | 0    | 6.97   | 
| S7   | Hol  | Nico Bochini        | 31 (2)  | 6    | 10   | 1    | 75%  | 4.89 | 0.80 | 44%  | 12   | 1    | 7.19   | 
| S8   | Hol  | Alex Benvenuti      | 1 (6)   | 0    | 1    | 0    | 65%  | 1.15 | -    | 50%  | 0    | 0    | 6.56   | 
| S9   | Hol  | Denis Bellotto      | 0 (6)   | 2    | 0    | 0    | 73%  | 5.00 | -    | 50%  | 1    | 0    | 6.86   | 
| S10  | Hol  | Veysel Kocas        | 5 (7)   | 2    | 0    | 0    | 67%  | 9.45 | 0.86 | 100% | 1    | 0    | 7.19   | 
| S11  | Hol  | Manuel Below        | 8 (6)   | 2    | 0    | 0    | 77%  | 5.95 | 0.95 | 67%  | 0    | 0    | 6.94   | 
| -    | Hol  | Stéphane Mangan     | 0 (2)   | 0    | 1    | 0    | 100% | 0.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.10   | 
| -    | Hol  | Formiga             | 30 (2)  | 1    | 4    | 0    | 75%  | 6.05 | 0.97 | 29%  | 6    | 0    | 7.16   | 
| -    | Hol  | Ross Hemmings       | 17 (9)  | 7    | 7    | 0    | 73%  | 2.92 | 0.63 | 62%  | 2    | 0    | 7.23   | 
| -    | Inj  | Nicola Mularoni     | 1 (17)  | 1    | 0    | 0    | 80%  | 5.06 | 0.25 | 50%  | 2    | 0    | 6.95   | 
|      |      |                     |         |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 

Club Honours

[b][u]Under 20's[/b][/u]
[i]Under 20's Cup Runners Up[/i]    - 2026-27

[b][u]Serie C1/A[/b][/u]
[i]Serie C1/A Third Place[/i]       - 2015-16

[b][u]Serie B[/b][/u]
[i]Serie B Runners Up[/i]           - 2021-22 

[b][u]Serie A[/b][/u]
[i]Serie A Runners Up[/i]           - 2026-27, 2029-30
[i]Serie A Champions[/i]            - 2030-31

[b][u]Italian Cups[/b][/u]
[i]Italian Cup Champions[/i]        - 2028-29, 2029-30
[i]Italian Super Cup Runners Up[/i] - 2029-30, 2030-31

[b][u]European Leagues[/b][/u]
[i]Europa League Champions[/i]      - 2028-29
[i]European Super Cup Champions[/i] - 2029-30

Player Awards

[b][u]Wins[/u][/b]

Serie C1/A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i] 	          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/5/topgoalscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
[i]Player of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]	          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/819/playeroftheseason.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/7/playeroftheyearm.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2015-16)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]               - Davide Poletti  (2012-13)            
                                         - Francesco Di Tacchio ([b]2013-14[/b], [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2014-15[/url][/b], [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/685/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2015-16[/url][/b])
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]

Serie B

[i]Capocannoniere Serie B[/i]                    - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/255/topscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie B[/i]                  - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/707/teamoftheyearh.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2019-20)[/url]
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/713/teamoftheyearn.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2020-21)[/url]
[i]Serie B Goal of the Year[/i]                  - Givestin N'Suki (2021-22)  

Serie A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie A[/i]                    - [url="http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/833/topscorerx.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis (2025-26)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie A[/i]                  - Marlon Bovu [url="http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7969/teamoftheyeard.jpg"][b](2025-26)[/b][/url], [b][url="http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2026-27)[/url][/b], [b][url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2028-29)[/url][/b]
                                         - Simongiorgio Marini [b][url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2028-29)[/url][/b], [url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2029-30)[/url]
                                         - Guillermo Grille [url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2029-30)[/url], [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
                                         - Philippe Seguin [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9201/foreignplayeroftheyear.jpg"]Marlon Bovu (2025-26)[/url]
                                         - Guillermo Grille [url="http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7887/foreign.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - [url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5606/youngplayeroftheyear.jpg"]Macelo Olivari (2027-28)[/url]
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - [url="http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5555/manageroftheyear.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge (2027-28)[/url]
[i]Serie A Fair Play Player of the Year[/i]      - [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/673/schneiderh.jpg"]Tino Schneider (2027-28)[/url]

Club International

[i]European Golden Boy Award[/i]                 - [url="http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4666/europeangoldenboyaward.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis (2023-24)[/url]
[i]European Golden Shoe Award[/i]                - [url="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7239/goldenshow.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis (2025-26)[/url]

International

[i]African Player of the Year Award[/i]          - [url="http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4771/africanfootballerofthey.jpg"]Marlon Bovu (2025-26)[/url], (2029-30)
[i]African All XI Team of the Year[/i]           - Marlon Bovu [url="http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9766/africaxi.jpg"][b](2026-27)[/b][/url], [url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8910/africanteamoftheyear.jpg"][b](2027-28)[/b][/url], (2029-30), (2030-31)
[i]Broadcaster's African Footballer the Year[/i] - Marlon Bovu (2029-30), (2030-31)
[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu (2029-30)

[b][u]Runner Up[/u][/b]

Serie C1/A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i]	          - Frederico Laurito (2014-15)
[i]Serie C1/A Manager of the Year Award[/i]      - Leon Breakenridge [b][url="http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7072/manju.jpg"](2013-14)[/b][/url], [b](2015-16)[/b]

Serie A

[i]Serie A Player of the Year Award[/i]          - [url="http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3581/runnerup.jpg"]Marlon Bovu (2025-26)[/url]
[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9707/borgesbovuforeignplayer.jpg"]Jose Borges (2026-27)[/url]
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3581/runnerup.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge (2026-27)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Marcelo Olivari (2026-27)
[i]Capocannoniere Serie A[/i]                    - Guillermo Grille (2030-31)

International

[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5673/africa2nd.jpg"][b](2026-27)[/b][/url], [url="http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/482/africanmidfielderrunenr.jpg"][b](2027-28)[/b][/url], (2030-31)

[b][u]Third Place[/u][/b]

Serie A

[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9707/borgesbovuforeignplayer.jpg"]Marlon Bovu (2026-27)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Ruud Nieuwemhuis (2025-26)
[i]Serie A Defender of the Year Award[/i]        - [url="http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8396/defender3rdplaceseriea.jpg"][b]Tomaso Surano (2027-28)[/b][/url]
[i]Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year Award[/i]      - Philippe Seguin [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3313/goalkeeeroftheyear3rd.jpg"](2029-30)[/url]

Club Achievements

[i]Highest League Placing[/i]         - [url="http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6105/tableyg.jpg"]1st Serie A (2030-31)[/url]
[i]Most Club Appearances[/i]          - Luigi Bertolini 486 (2030-31)
[i]Most League Appearances[/i]        - Luigi Bertolini 435 (2030-31)
[i]Most Club Goals[/i]                - Frederico Laurito 238 (2023-24)
[i]Most League Goals[/i]              - Frederico Laurito 223 (2023-24)
[i]Highest Transfer Fee Paid[/i]      - Marcelo Olivari, Velez, £7,750,000 (2026-27)
[i]Highest Sammarinese Transfer[/i]   - Nicolo Zanotti, Napoli Co-Ownership, £500,000 (2025)
[i]Highest Club Transfer[/i]          - Marcelo Olivari, Real Madrid, £15,500,000 (2027-28)
[i]Highest Attendance[/i] 	       - 21,760 v Barcelona (2027-28)
[i]Highest Average Attendance[/i]     - 21,151 (2030-31)
[i]Highest Gate Receipts[/i] 	       - £974, 000 v Genk (2030-31)
[i]Fastest goal[/i] 	               - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/10/quickestgoal.jpg/"]14 seconds, Frederico Laurito v Empoli Serie B (2016-17)[/url]
[i]Biggest Win[/i] 	               - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/201/biggestwin65.jpg/"]6-5 v Alto Adige (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Consecutive Wins[/i]               - 8 (2028-29)
[i]Games Without Losing[/i]           - 17 (2029-30)
[i]Most Goals in Serie B Record[/i]   - 107 (2020-21)
[i]Youngest Player in Serie A[/i]     - [url="http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4677/youngestseriea.jpg"]Andrea Giacobbi[/url] (2020-21)

100+ Appearances for San Marino Since 2012

| Name                 | Pos  | Apps |
|----------------------|------|------|
| Luigi Bertolini*     | DC   | 486  |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 477  |
| Luca Petrucci*       | MC   | 474  |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 362  |
| Alessandro Grilli    | GK   | 353  |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 340  |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 338  |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 324  |
| Nico Bochini*        | AMC  | 314  |
| Edoardo Pozzi        | MCL  | 314  |
| Alessio Luciani      | DCLR | 303  |
| Dejan Danza          | MC   | 288  |
| Nicola Girolamo*     | LCB  | 287  |
| Marco Bianchi        | DRLC | 286  |
| Erik Cabalceta       | CB   | 259  |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 258  |
| Givestin N'Suki      | ST   | 236  |
| Dirk Stahl*          | D/DMC| 196  |
| Giacomo Tedesco      | DRC  | 155  |
| Denis Bellotto*     | MCR   | 151  |
| Vittorio Micolucci   | DLC  | 145  |
| Emanuele Allegra     | RB   | 144  |
| Philippe Seguin+     | GK   | 143  |
| Giovanni Caruso      | MC   | 142  |
| Mussa M'ong*         | DC   | 141  |
| Ademir               | ST   | 140  |
| Formiga*             | DR   | 140  |
| Matteo Paro          | DMC  | 134  |
| Pol Garcia           | DC   | 133  |
| Gabriele Pacciardi   | DMC  | 130  |
| Leandro              | ST   | 129  |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  |
| Carlo Pelagatti      | DRC  | 123  |
| Mauricio Ciminari   | DMC  | 120  |
| Francesco Lunardini  | DMC  | 118  |
| Francesco Signori    | DCM  | 117  |
| Mattia Minesso       | AMC  | 112  |
| Mattia Maggio        | ST   | 105  |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 100+

20+ Club Goals since 2012

| Name                 | Pos  | Apps | League | Club | 
|----------------------|------|------|--------|------|
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  | 223    | 238  |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 338  | 166    | 192  |
| Givestin N'Suki      | ST   | 236  | 70     | 73   |
| Luca Petrucci*       | MC   | 474  | 65     | 69   |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 258  | 47     | 68   |
| Guillermo Gille*     | ST   | 96   | 51     | 66   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  | 55     | 56   |
| Dejan Danza          | MC   | 288  | 37     | 38   |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  | 37     | 37   |
| Leandro              | ST   | 129  | 35     | 36   |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 340  | 34     | 38   |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 362  | 29     | 36   |
| Ademir               | ST   | 140  | 20     | 32   |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  | 23     | 29   |
| Edoardo Pozzi        | MCL  | 314  | 26     | 28   |
| Nico Bochini+        | AMC  | 314  | 20     | 25   |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 477  | 21     | 24   |
| Marcelo Olivari      | ST   | 54   | 20     | 24   |
| Luis Gustavo+        | ST   | 95   | 17     | 23   |
| Ross Hemmings+       | ST   | 67   | 13     | 21   |
| Mattia Maggio        | ST   | 105  | 20     | 20   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

20+ Club Assists since 2012

| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  | 109    | 114  |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 258  | 73     | 87   |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  | 82     | 85   |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 338  | 51     | 71   |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 477  | 55     | 61   |
| Luca Petrucci*       | MC   | 474  | 52     | 61   |
| Nico Bochini*        | AMC  | 314  | 46     | 59   |
| Givestin N'Suki      | ST   | 236  | 43     | 44   |
| Dejan Danza          | MC   | 288  | 40     | 41   |
| Nicola Girolamo*     | LCB  | 287  | 37     | 37   |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 324  | 31     | 37   |
| Marco Bianchi        | DRLC | 286  | 35     | 36   |
| Edoardo Pozzi        | MCL  | 314  | 32     | 35   |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  | 32     | 32   |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 340  | 32     | 36   |
| Formiga*             | DR   | 108  | 20     | 28   |
| Leandro              | ST   | 129  | 24     | 24   |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  | 22     | 22   |
| Giacomo Tedesco      | DRC  | 155  | 20     | 20   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

20+ Club PoM since 2012

| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  | 50     | 52   |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 338  | 41     | 46   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  | 37     | 37   |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 258  | 28     | 37   |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 362  | 23     | 30   |
| Jose Borges*         | DMC  | 477  | 19     | 25   |
| Luca Petrucci*       | MC   | 474  | 20     | 23   |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 324  | 15     | 22   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

Fans Player of the Year awards

Name                   Year                Total
|----------------------|-------------------|------|
| Francesco Di Tacchio | 2015-18, 2019/20  | 4    |
| Jose Borges          | 2021-25           | 4    |
| Marlon Bovu          | 2025/26, 2027-29  | 3    |
| Eric Cabalceta       | 2018/19           | 1    |
| Dejan Danza          | 2020/21           | 1    |
| Vittorio Ferrero     | 2013/14           | 1    |
| Guillermo Grille     | 2030/31           | 1    |
| Federico Laurito     | 2014/15           | 1    |
| Simongiorgio Marini  | 2029/30           | 1    |
| Davide Poletti       | 2012/13           | 1    |
| Tomaso Surano        | 2026/27           | 1    |

No additions this season

Every Season, I will nominate 1-3 players to be inducted in to the Hall of Fame. You may only be inducted in to the Hall of Fame once a player has retired or they have passed their peak. In very few circumstances will active/current national team players be added. There is no minimum requirement as it is based on ability, performance, relevance and significance of appearances, not the appearance number or goals scored. Each inductee will be given a brief description of their role and purpose of induction.

Statistics provided in Alphabetical order whilst brief is in induction order.

Class of 2025-26

1. Frederico Laurito (Player 2012-2025, Staff 2025-Present)

The most prolific scorer the club has seen and a one time leader in all time appearances. Vice captain for many years, he was loyal and with the club through its growth from Serie C1/A though to Serie A, picking up awards such as Top Goal scorer along the way. Is now a part of the backroom staff and looking to continue on with the club for many more years to come.

2. Francesco Di Tacchio (Player 2013-2026, Staff 2026-Present)

Captain from Serie C1/A to Serie A, the all time leading caps for the club, Di Tacchio was a loyal member of the team and family. Well respected and picking up awards throughout his career, there are none more greater than the 4 Fans Player of the Year awards he has received by the fans of the club. One of the All time greats continues on as a backroom staff member.

Class of 2026-27

3. Davide Poletti (Player 2009-2014, Staff 2014-Present)

Though he was only working with me for a short time as a player, he was our inaugural captain under my management and was our best player, making the Serie C1/A team of the year, Winning Serie C1/A Player of the Year and taking the Fans Player of the Year award. He then went on to become the u20's manager, keeping him at the club and has been involved in raising such players as Bertolini who is a future Hall of Fame candidate himself. His contribution to the team has been both on and off the field and as such, will be inducted as both a player and staff member in to the Hall of Fame.

Class of 2027-28

4. Alessio Luciani (Player 2013-2019, Player/Coach 2022-2028, Staff 2028-Present)

Spent two long spells a the club, becoming one of the most capped and well respected payers the club has seen. With us from the Serie C1/A all the way through to the Serie A, he was able to command a place in the first team up until his last few years, when he became a bench and backup player. Was able to carry on until he was 37, sharing his playing career with a Reserve's Manager role for 6 seasons, now continuing this role at San Marino into his retirement. Able to play all across the backline, he became the bench mark of the ultimate defender at the club and was often revered as one of the clubs best ever, most solid defenders.

5. Dejan Danza (Player 2014-2026)

One of our most prolific midfielders, Danza was amazing through the early stage of San Marino, up until the Serie A. He was always able to find the right pass and ended his career with 41 assists for San Marino. Better still, he was also very good from the edge of the area and managed 38 goals for the club, some of which proved vital throughout his career. One of the best all round players to pull on a San Marino Jersey and rightly added to the Hall of Fame.

Class of 2028-29

6. Marco Villanova (Player 2010-2019)

Villanova was one of the first fan favourites at San Marino, spending a couple of years at the club before and after I took charge. Was absolutely amazing in his opening 2 seasons as he dominated the charts for both assists and goals and controlled the Serie C1/A side along with Di Tacchio as one of the key contributors. As San Marino improved to the Serie B, Villanova lost his footing in the side and as our shape changed from one utilising wingers to one more focused down the middle, his role went from limited to none and he was loaned out for his last 2 years of his contract. Upon its expiring, he decided not to renew his contract and instead left to retire from the game at just 27 years of age. Despite his swift fall from grace, in 4 to 5 years of the 9 he spent at San Marino, he was truly one of the sides most gifted and best players

7. Matteo Paro (Player 2012-2018)

With us for only 6 years, Paro was the heart and sole of the team and really shone when utilised in his favoured Defensive Midfield role. In fact, Paro's ability to supply and control the tempo of the match from this position is what led us to change the structure of the team and head in the direction of an anchor in midfield. To say the team was structured around him is an understatement as he was the leader before Di Tacchio took over, and is one of the main reasons the club rose from Serie C1/A to the Serie B so quickly. He retired and continues in the sport today as a Director of Football for Juve Stabia. He may one day come back to the club in the back room, but until then, will go down as a legend and pioneer of the San Marino midfield and the style of play we utilise today.

8. Carlo Pelagatti (Player 2010-2019)

Was at the club before I arrived and was one of the first players to lead from the back line. He helped create a solid defence in the early seasons and was one of our most solid defenders in our push for Serie B football. He struggled with the step up though and become a reserve in his final seasons, making only one Serie B appearance, but remained loyal to the club and fulfilled his contract obligations with no complaints. He decided to retire at just 30 once his contract was not renewed as he was now struggling to keep up with players around him, but his role in the Serie C1/A side will not be forgotten.

Class of 2029-30

9. Gabriele Pacciardi (Player 2012-2017)

Had a stay of 5 years, but in that time proved to be a great distributor of the ball and a very consistent performer. 3 of those seasons where successful first team positions as a key player, whilst one was as a provider and rotational distributor. Gained no great accolades but managed 14 assists in his 4 seasons as one of our defensive holding players, including one season alongside Paro as our defence helped us with Promotion. A key ingredient and one of the star players during our mediocre seasons, his only fault was being part of the side in the twilight years of his career. Had he been hear during his younger years and peak, he could of become an icon, if not a legend. Retired from all facets of the game at 33 but still supports us through the media from time to time.

10. Vittorio Ferrero (Player 2011-2015)

A fantastic defensive unit in our backline who did a lot in his short stint at the club. Though his tenure was only 4 seasons, 3 under me, he was inspirational and even took home the the Fans Player of the Year Award. Our goals and ambitions differed and he left for Pro Patria before successful stints at Andria and Catanzaro. Though his career remained at Serie C football, he was one of our key players, especially over his last 2 seasons and his love from the fans for such solid performances was undeniable. He has gone on to be a manager, currently at Venezia.

Class of 2030-31

11. Erik Cabalceta (Player 2016-2027, Staff 2027-Present)

Was at one time our first choice defender, proving a capable and solid Serie B and A player. In his stay at the club, he had 11 years total at Titani wih 7 great seasons, however towards the latter pat of his career, as the side started to push for higher positions as well, he became out of favour and players deemed stronger in the central defence where brought in to tighten the back line. His worthiness was evident in his 259 appearances, as well as his Fans Player of the Year Award, which he got in 2018-19 and is only the second defender to do so. Would not be out of place at his peak in the team of today and enters the hall of fame only just being ousted from the starting overall XI as of last season by a fuure hall of famer in Surano.

| Name                  | Pos  | Apps | Goals(C)  | Assists(CS) | PoM | Rating |
|-----------------------|------|------|-----------|-------------|-----|--------|
| Erick Cabalceta       | DC   | 259  | 11        | 4           | 14  | 6.93   |
|-----------------------|------|------|-----------|-------------|-----|--------|
| Dejan Danza           | MC   | 288  | 38        | 41          | 8   | 6.96   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio  | MC   | 419  | 56        | 114         | 37  | 7.22   |
| Vittorio Ferrero      | DC   | 73   | 3         | 0           | 4   | 7.12   |
| Frederico Laurito     | ST   | 403  | 238       | 85          | 52  | 7.21   |
| Alessio Luciani       | DLRC | 303  | 12        | 13          | 6   | 6.81   |
| Gabriele Pacciardi    | DMC  | 130  | 8         | 14          | 0   | 7.01   |
| Matteo Paro           | DMC  | 134  | 5         | 15          | 2   | 6.92   |
| Carlo Pelagatti       | DRC  | 123  | 0         | 9           | 3   | 6.97   |
| Davide Poletti        | MCL  | 50   | 11        | 15          | 7   | 6.97   |
| Marco Villanova       | AMRL | 126  | 29        | 22          | 3   | 6.98   |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

Matrith - The ability to loan players in Serie C1 is fantastic, especially as you can get some really good players for free as well with no wages or monthly fees to pay. Serie B gets tougher though as clubs start wanting a return and the Serie B becomes a huge step up if you don't get these players to bridge the quality gap.

Nishki - Well done on a 3rd place season in Serie B. I think you have done well, and might find that the defenders will get better as they play together longer. The defence can improve dramatically with a few seasons under their belt together so watch for them to get better next season. Good run though and next year might see you in the Serie A!

2025-26

After seasons 5th place, i hoped for Champions league qualification. And a title challenge within 4 seasons.

League:

This years major transfers was Elvis Kulusic (GK) on a free transfer and Ettore Finotti/ on a record fee of 7,5 euros. Most of the players I have purchased has proven to be flops (Lothar Weiss and Wallace for a combined fee of 8,5 euros), but Finotti proved why i splashed so many cash after him. He made 22 assist and 3 goals in 30 league apperances, breaking the Serie A assist record. perhaps buy of the season.

I started the season decent with a couple wins and draws, and a 4-1 loss against horror opponent Roma (just cant win against them..), saw my team drop to a 9th place. But my 3-5-2 formations worked wonders and i only climbed the table thence.

And then in the 19th round. 1st place Juventus are visiting San Marino Stadium. Central defender Stanko Vulgemic gave San Marino the lead after a long throw to secure a 1-0 win. And Titani took the 1st place.

2 weeks later i beat them once more (this time in the cup), and Juventus were now in crisis with only 1 win in 9 matches. San Marino never looked back smashing every opponent (well a lot of 1-0 victories ^^'), and with 6 rounds still to be played San Marino were champions of italy. 19 points clear of Juventus.

And when the last matches all ended with victories, the gap between San Marino and Palermo was unbelievable 31 points!

League table - Past positions

Millela and Finotti claimed a spot in the Serie A team of the Year.

Millela also won Young player of the year.

And Millela also won Defender of the year, while Belloni took the Goalkeeper of the year.

Belloni had a fantastic season as he kept 19 clean sheets in 31 apps.

The Cup:

I was hoping to win the cup this year, after i lost last years final. But i couldn't help myself playing the reserves. I beat Chievo 2-0 in the 1st round, Juventus 1-0 in the Quarter final before losing to Crotone in the semis. 2-1 away and 1-0 at home with 3 minuts remaing when I had thrown all players forward to get the 1 goal that would see my through..

Europe:

Beat SK Rapid Wien 7-0 on aggregate in the play-off round.

I draw Stuttgart , Reading and Anorthosi from Cypern in the group stage, so a bit harder than last year.

But i still claimed the 1st place with 5 wins and one loss against Stuttgart away.

The first knock-out round was against Valencia. the winner was decided after penalties 1-0 win away, and a 1-0 loss at home.

and unfortunately Valencia withdrew victorious..

Team of the year:.

Two 20-year old scandinavians found their way into the toty. Brinksby had a break-through season as he smashed home 16 goals in the league to become this years top-scorer. He is already considered as a leading star but my coaches believes he can grow a lot more. Most of Ytterboms playing time came in the cup and in europe.

And this is my All time best eleven. 5 of the players are still in the club, but Pelagatti as a scout. Millela earned a spot alongside club legend Spendlhofer in the central defence.

9 players (including subs) were a part of the team that won the second promotion in the Serie C years.

in other news

Reached 600 games in charge.

Alessio Bastone were a part of the the dream team in the u21 championships.

Future goals:

Win champions league someday..

find good sammarinise youngsters. something i have failed so far..

Pre season 2031-32

Expectations

9 Seasons in Serie A it took for us to win the title. The expectations are there now as the board wants us to challenge for the title. After winning last season, teams would be more weary of us, so I would be happy with a top 4 spot this season.

Transfers

Another tight season as I look to get Mularoni, Macagno and Doci more involved. In fact I have a half dozen of our youth products ready for the first team this year so I will hold off on signings as much as I can.

Facilities

Facilities are maxed out as of our last upgrade. Any further upgrades will be to maintain our state of the art standard.

Funding

Networking has been expanded a little while we can also hire more coaches. The sad news is that they rejected the stadium expansion last season but with the massive wage hikes after winning the title, a new stadium seating section could bring in the money needed to keep us earning profits. Will look to get this expanded ASAP.

Previous Season Goals

* Qualify for Champions League ACHIEVED

* Win the League ACHIEVED

* Beat group stages of CL ACHIEVED

Season Goals

* Make CL Quarters

* Improve defence to less than a goal a game

* Finish in top 4

Previous Future Goals

* Fight for title in 1-2 seasons ACHIEVED

* Generate youth that are capable of fighting for a first team place in 1-2 years ACHIEVED

* Expand Stadium Failed - Aiming for next season now

* Reach the top 20 Ranked European teams within 2 seasons. ACHIEVED

Future Goals

* Win CL within 5 seasons

* Increase local youth products in national team to more than one regularly

* Expand Stadium

International 2031

A decent season as we have managed 4 points in Euro qualifiers, all draws against Cyprus and Austria. One of which a 5-5 match that was full of action and was amazing to watch. Managed back to back 2-0 wins over Estonia and Turks and Caicos Islands. Slovakia Croatia and Guinea put us in our place but we managed a nice 2-1 win over Malta to give us 3 wins and 4 draws for the year.

Rounded out at 103rd for part of the year before the end of year loss to Guinea saw us slip to 116th, which is still not too shabby. I am practically begging Benvenuti though he has an under 19's cap and looks likely to be an Italian representative in the future. A huge loss for us.

2031 Best XI

Fixtures

Players with Potential - 23 and Under

Aldo Angelini - 22

He is a star and can get even better, so have risked letting him go out on loan to get some more match experience. Right now my priority is getting the national side in the top 100, so backup club football wont benefit him.

Alex Benvenuti - 18

Represented Italy U19's so I have pretty much lost him :(

Davide Bollini - 22

Was short on any decent defenders for a few squads and decided to ask him for a call up after 2 years. He agreed after years of rejection from Italy and is now our preferred left back.

NEW - Marco Bollini - 16

3 caps 3 goals. Looks the goods at the moment and could improve into our key weapon should things fall in to place for him. Became the youngest ever Euro Qualifiers scorer in his debut match.

Giorgio Fiorini - 22

Bounced back well to make the best XI for this year however did not add any goals to his tally. Will struggle with Marco Bollini now in the squad as the quality up front is getting better and better

Andrea Giacobbi - 21

Played well for the national team last year and one of the key components on the left wing.

Lorenzo Gianni - 22

No longer the prospect we once thought he was. will struggle with better midfielders, especially Mularoni, Zanotti holding the middle 2 spots.

Nicola Mularoni - 23

Now getting game time regularly in the club side as well, Mularoni could become the best midfielder that San Marino have ever had and is well on track to being the next legend.

Roberto Mularoni - 18

After breaking in last season, struggled a little to cement himself. Is still very rough around the edges but in my thoughts.

Massimo Raschi - 21

New strikers emerging on the scene is putting some pressure on Raschi to perform. His appearances are no longer guaranteed.

Davide Rinaldi - 21

The gulf between he and Angelini is massive now. will remain in the shadows for his entire career bar a miracle.

Christian Saracino - 18

Moved ahead of Gianni in the pecking order for midfield but still some ways from shifting Zanotti or Ugolini.

Federico Ugolini - 20

Now splitting the role of midfielder 3 ways with Zanotti and Saracino. Got some starts due to a Mularoni injury.

Nicolo Zanotti - 23

50 caps and 9 goals from midfield at just 23. Will become one of our best players before he reaches his peak.

International Rankings

2012 – 209
2013 – 208
2014 – 209 
2015 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/826/ranking171.jpg/"]171[/url][/b]
2016 – 190
2017 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/855/163rd.jpg/"]163[/url][/b]
2018 – 180
2019 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/15/rank114.jpg/"]114[/url][/b]
2020 – 145
2021 – 175
2022 – 131
2023 – 135
2024 – 131
2025 – 121
2026 – 126
2027 – 149
2028 – 150
2029 – 110
2030 – 121
2031 – 116

Overall Best XI

Overall XI Players who have represented both Club and Country

Cristian Bernardi

Luigi Bertolini

Aldo Angelini

Nicola Mularoni

Massimo Raschi

International Awards & Achievements

[i]Top 10 Most Caps[/i]  - Luigi Bertolini        (117)
                 - Cristian Bernardi      (103)
                 - Andrea Pelliccioni     (78)
                 - Andy Selva             (74)
                 - Dario Treccani         (72)
                 - Damiano Vannucci       (67)
                 - Andrea Casadei         (66)
                 - Alessandro Valentini   (62)
                 - Maicol Berretti        (61)
                 - Alessandro Ceccoli     (59)

[i]Top 10 Most Goals[/i] - Mattia Righi            (12)
                 - Andy Selva              (10)
                 - Andrea Pelliccioni      (9)
                 - Nicolo Zanotti          (9)
                 - Marcello Bianchi        (7)
                 - Massimo Raschi          (6)
                 - Daniele Ceccoli         (5)
                 - Fabio Cesana            (5)
                 - Giorgio Fiorini         (5)
                 - Marco Berardi           (4)

[i]Most Goals in a match[/i]   - Mattia Righi       (3) [3-0 v Andorra 2019]
                       - Marco Bollini      (3) [5-5 v Cyprus 2031]

[i]Most Assists in a match[/i] - Tiziano Colantonio (3) [4-3 v Liberia 2021]

Records

[i]Highest World Ranking[/i] - [url="http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7535/internationalhigh.jpg"][b]103rd[/b][/url] (2023)

[i]Fastest Goal in European Qualifications[/i] - [url="http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3749/fastestevergoalineuros.jpg"]Mattia Righi, 11 seconds v Croatia[/url] (2023)

[i]Highest Attendance[/i] - [url="http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2111/recordhighnational.jpg"]21,760 v Croatia[/url] (2024)

San Marino Hall of Fame

Every Season, I will nominate 1-3 players to be inducted in to the Hall of Fame. You may only be inducted in to the Hall of Fame once a player has retired or they have passed their peak. In very few circumstances will active/current national team players be added. There is no minimum requirement as it is based on ability, performance, relevance and significance of appearances, not the appearance number or goals scored. Each inductee will be given a brief description of their role and purpose of induction.

Statistics provided in Alphabetical order whilst brief is in induction order. Being the first year, there has been 6 inducted players.

Class of 2026

1. Luigi Bertolini (2014-2031) - Current All time cap holder, Bertolini has been the best Sammarinese product in the country's history. Has been inducted during his playing career and is the first inducted players. He has been the most consistent player for the national side and since his debut at the age of 16, he has been a guaranteed stater while fit. There has been none better in the history of Sammarinese football, and is known as a living legend. The only Sammarinese player to be a key component to a professional outfit in the Serie A and to have one silverware including Europa League, Italian Cup and the Serie A. Has since tutored and been involved in the development of Sammarinese players at the club side to boost the national team. The most gifted and greatest Sammarinese player ever and will be tough to beat considering the period of which he played, during their toughest years.

2. Andy Selva (1998-2015) - Was the All time top scorer with 10 goals at one point in time. Was a rock and played for the national team until he was 40. Played in a time before some of the better players arrived and did most of his national service as a one man team. Captain of the side for 2 seasons.

3. Cristian Bernardi (2014-2030) - The second highest capped player and the best keeper in the history of the country. Has had no close competition and has been as solid as possible in a side that struggles to be competitive early in its history. Tutored and mentored Angelini who has taken over between the sticks, and even managed an assist from goals in his time with the National team. Will be missed and has reached Legendary status for his achievements.

4. Mattia Stefanelli (2010-2019) - The heir apparent to Selva. Lived up to the bill as best as possible but struggled with only 3 goals. Was the only striker choice for many seasons when Selva retired and captained the side briefly.

5. Aldo Junior Simoncini (2004-2018) - The first goal keeper and vice captain. Played for 6 years before retiring with 54 caps. His stats are not known, however he was a valuable member of a side struggling to find players to field. Was one of 3 original players to be automatic selections, along side Selva and Stefanelli.

6. Matteo Vitaioli (2013-2021) - Retired with 56 caps and 4 goals, he was a solid midfield player in an era that saw very little come through in they way of midfield talent. Though not the best of players, he was admirable in our engine room.

Class of 2027

7. Michele Cervellini (2006-2020) - His stats may not look all that great but he was the unsung hero for a number of years as he played a role in the middle for over a decade. Was a solid player who was always on the starting sheet until he reached his mid 30's and faded at the start of when the new crop of youngster where coming in.

8. Tiziano Colantonio (2013-2022) - Only had 39 caps for the national team but has a number of achievements that came with his short stint. He was the youngest ever player, breaking in to the starting line up of the national team at just 15 years and 290 days. He is also the record holder for the most assists in a match, standing at 3. His downfall in the national team came when the formation shifted from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-1-3-2 and wide players were removed from the starting line up. He was still given opportunities off the bench and did reasonably well, but his spell will be remembered more as the youngster with much potential who had a good first 5 year with the national team, rather than the squad player off the bench that he obtained for the remainder.

Class of 2028

9. Damiano Vannucci (1992-2013) - Only had one year in the national team under my guidance but has stood the test of time to be one of the highest capped players. Was looked up to by the younger generation and though he played in a difficult era, was still able to make the midfield role his own

10. Alessandro Ceccoli (2014-2026) - His debut year in football came when I entered management and for 13 out his 18 seasons he was a mainstay in the national team backline. He played through the tough years until we started to see some real progress in the national side and will be sorely missed as he was always a key player and valuable member. He managed 4 assists from the left hand side of defence in a team that has always struggled to score, showing he was a main component to anything creative on the left of the field.

Class of 2029

11. Fabio Francini (2016-2028)

Was a handy little midfielder who became a great servant for the national side. His role was primarily to support attacks, and showed good composure in a tough side to manage 3 assists and a decent rating of 6.41. Became a fan favourite and one of our key players during his peak for the national side and will take some beating as one of the better midfielders the country has had.

Class of 2030

12. Mattia Berardi (2015-2028)

Probably the most versatile defender we have had for the national side with the ability to play anywhere in the back line. Not only did he have decent ability technically, he was also one of our fastest defenders for his error, which made him very reliable at the back. In a time where Bertolini and Pellicconi have dominated the central defence, Berardi was on either side with Ceccoli or Riccio, helping to make the most formidable backline the National side has ever seen and the main reason for our sturdier defence and rise up the rankings towards breaking the top 100.

Class of 2031

13. Francesco Riccio (2015-2024)

Defenders have been the strongest component of the national team for a long time, and its no thanks to Riccio on the right helping out with this. A strong player, he was always solid and well deserving of a place in the national team. Currently the right back in the overall XI which shows his contribution was huge and he was one of the reasons that helped make San Marino competitive in the earlier stages of the national side.

| Name                  | Pos  | Apps | Goals(C)  | Assists(CS) | PoM | Rating |
[url="http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8519/96512934.jpg"]| Luigi Bertolini       | DC   | 117  | 1         | 5           | 6   | 6.91   |[/url]
[url="http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9551/24649436.jpg"]| Cristian Bernardi     | GK   | 103  | (201)     | 1(22)       | 1   | 6.68   |[/url]
[url="http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6314/mattiaberardi.jpg"]| Mattia Berardi        | DRLC | 56   | 0         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
[url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4896/ceccoli.jpg"]| Alessandro Ceccoli    | DLC  | 59   | 0         | 4           | 0   | 6.47   |[/url]
| Michele Cervellini    | MC   | 53   | 1         | 1           | 0   | 6.17   |
[url="http://imageshack.us/f/521/tiziano.jpg/"]| Tiziano Colantonio    |AMR   | 39   | 0         | 3           | 1   | 6.38   |[/url]
[url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3751/francini.jpg"]| Fabio Francini        | MC   | 43   | 1         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
| Francesco Riccio      | DR   | 51   | 2         | 0           | 0   | 6.49   |
| Andy Selva            | ST   | 74   | 10        | 1           | 0   | N/A    |
| Aldo Junior Simoncini | GK   | 54   | (?)       | (?)         | 0   | 6.45   |
| Mattia Stefanelli     | ST   | 48   | 3         | 0           | 1   | N/A    |
| Damiano Vannucci      | MC   | 67   | 0         | 0           | 0   | 5.55   |
| Matteo Vitaioli       | MCL  | 56   | 4         | 1           | 1   | N/A    |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

Club Mid Season Review 2031-32

Key Transfers in

No Transfers made in again as I start to try and utilise our youth system more and more.

Key Transfers Out

Manuel Below (Juventus) MC - £1.9m

His Co-Ownership contract was up a bid was required. With a solid midfield and Zumbi coming good, I did not put in a bid, and Juventus won the remaining contract rights as they bid £1.9m. He has yet to feature for them this season.

Current Season Highlights

- Italian Super Cup is finally ours to show hat we are no longer living in Juventus' shadow and are slowly getting on par with them.

- Outed in the group stages, we seem to struggle to be dominant in the CL group stages and it is something to improve on. We now have Europa to look forward to, which we seem to fair much better in.

76322027.jpg

- Seguin picked up keeper of the year after having a fantastic season between the sticks, while Macagno got the defender of the year. M'ong managed a respectable 3rd for the same award. Grille managed a runner up for the Foreign Player of the Year Award while Macagno also received runner up, but for the Italian Player of the Year Award as well as the Serie A Player of the Year Award. Macagno did managed to win an award though, claiming the Young Player of the Year Award.

Internationally Bovu picked up his 3rd Broadcaster's African Football of the year Award in a row whilst once again being runner up for midfielder of the year. He was also nominated for the Ballon d'Or but did not win. Macagno managed to pick up the European Golden Boy Award to round out the awards for the year.

- Sitting in and around the top, being first for part of the year already. We will be there or there abouts bar a major slip up.

Club 2031-32

Season Review

A season of unspeakable intensity. We started our winning the Super Cup Final 4-2 over Juventus which also followed with the first two games in Serie A over Milan and Sampdoria. We lost against Napoli and Shakhtar before 8 wins in a row, only conceding 3 goals. Genoa beat us 3-2 in the league to break our run before a 2-2 draw with Ascoli and a draw with Cluj dented thing sin both the league and CL. Shakhtar then beat us again to put us in trouble of progression and it was confirmed, despite a 4-0 thumping of Chelsea as we only had 10 points, with Chelsea and Shakhtar on 12 each. We also had a bit of a blip in the league as wins over Cagliari and Pro Vercelli where hindered with draws over Udinese and Juventus.

This rounded out our year and we were sitting pretty in 1st place, but out of Europe's major competition. We smashed Palermo in the Italian Cup before Roma beat us 3-0 in the league. Things looked up as we once again got another one over Juventus winning 3-0 in the Italian Cup Quarter's (A much more fitting result was this penalty thriller that went to 15-14, however the save died after this game and I had to replay the last month).

Our form became erratic as we lost to Milan and Modena, with a Draw to Napoli, letting Juventus back in to the title race. We also drew the first leg of the Italian cup Semi Final with Roma, but finally got back to winning ways in the league as we beat Catania to start a 5 game unbeaten run ending and Lazio, which we won 2-0. In the space of this time, we beat Olympiakos 3-1 on aggregate, and then beat Anderlecht 3-0 on aggregate to get the the Europa Quarter Finals. We then drew with Genoa before a loss to inter and a 1-1 draw with Ascoli really brought Juventus back in to it. The poor run of form also hit us in the Italian Cup and Roma beat us 2-1 in he second leg to progress to the Final. We beat Schalke 4-1 in between 3 Serie A wins to keep our hopes alive in Europe and the Serie A, but we then suffered a huge blow as Aston Villa beat us 3-0 in the first leg of the Europa Semi Finals. At the same time Juventus took first place off us in the league and things were starting to become bleak for the squad as moral plummeted.

We beat Udinese 3-1 before the return match against Aston Villa, and I have to say, it was our greatest match since the Palermo come back as we scored in the 35th minute to give our selves a sniff. Nothing happened for the rest of the match, despite our utter domination, and with the score at 3-1 I was sure it was over as stoppage time approached. But young Alex Benvenuti who came off the bench had other Ideas as he scored in the 89th minute, and then just a minute later in stoppage time to level the scores at 3-3 and to somehow send the match to extra time!

We then continued our pressure and had the chance to take the lead through Macagno, but the man who in his last 2 seasons has been the hero virtually every game, spewed it wide. As the match entered the final stages, I started to prepare for penalty shoots but then Bovu, the superstar before our side made it to the dizzy heights of champions, showed why he was so sought after in his prime as he struck a majestic goal right on 120 minutes. Everyone went nuts. The match was still due to have another minute or two bu no one cared as we converged on the pitch. After the jubilation settled, we held out the last few moments to secure an incredible 4-0 to make the Europa Final.

This gave us hope again in the league as we drew with Juventus in a match that saw us without Gille, Nieuwenhuis, Bovu, and a host of other first team starters as the injury toll piled up and we could not even field a full bench. Juventus slipped against Roma 3-0 though and we slipped ourselves as we drew with Bologna, our injuries finally taking their toll as our 1-0 lead slipped in the final moments of the match. But, the results meant we had the lead based on having a goal advantage of just 1. The table looked like this:

1 San Marino..70..38..+32..77

2 Juventus.....64..33..+31..77

We could not have done any better in our match. Against 3rd placed Roma, we dominated the game and had them at 5-1 coming in to the final minutes. Juventus also dominated their game and had it at 5-1 also, which saw the table look like this:

1 San Marino..75..39..+36..80

2 Juventus.....69..34..+35..80

Both game then had one more goal left, both in stoppage time.

Juventus scored in the 91st minute, to level the tables for both points and goal difference. As we drew both games in the season, we still had the upper hand with for and against.

in the 92nd minute, a goal was then scored in our match, to end the game like this.

The goal, as a result, left the table like this:

1 Juventus.....70..34..+36..80

2 San Marino..75..40..+35..80

Absolute heartache and despair from the players as the title was stolen from us in literally the last kick of not just one, but two matches! 2 goals in the space of 1 minute, over 2 games cost us the title and the players where inconsolable. I was not able to help, as I was right there with them, but we did take this blow in the best way possible, as we had the Europa Final just a few days later. We won that game 2-1 to lift our second trophy of the season, but the anger of the players have been channelled now, and after such a devastating way to lose the title, on par with the premier league season of 2011/12 as Man City won it at the death, I am sure we will come out firing and this time, not give Juventus or any other team a chance!

This year was quite different in terms of our overall performance. Niewenhuis was able to notch 29 goals from 44 games this year despite one injury, while Grille who was unstoppable the last 2 seasons only managed 7 from 25 with two lengthy injuries and cold streaks when he did play. Bovu was the next best, scoring 15 from the advanced midfielder role while Gustavo and Barra both had 8, no one else reached double figures. Schneider had 7 and Macagno topped the defenders with 6 while Bochini, Zumbi, Stahl and Hemmings all had 5.

Assists saw Bovu (16), Formiga (12) and Nieuwenhuis (10) hit double figures while Surano just missed out with 9. Gustavo had 8 to round out the top 5 while another 7 had 4 or more which is a very nice spread. This was probably our most spread season to date for goals and assists while still having one stand out, however there was one player who dominated the Player of the Match Awards, Franco Macagno, managed to ack up an incredible 15 from him 54 games at 7.88 average. Bovu was next with 7 while Nieuwenhuis led the rest a respectable 4.

Macagno and Bovu, who have both had exceptional runs in the last 2 years dominated the awards, Macagno recieved the young player award in Italy as well as Europe, while coming runner up for the Player of the Year and the Italian Player of the year. Bovu on the other hand won the African Broadcaster award and was runner up for the African Midfielder of the year. Grille, despite an unfortunate year was dominant enough last year to get runner up for the foreign player of the year award.

Borges also managed an in club record of career games, breaking the 500 barrier and becoming the new club record holder over Bertolini, all this despite having a serious injury that threatened to force him to retire. He is still going strong and will be important to the team plans next year at 36 years of age.

League Table

Squad

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                | Apps    | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| GK   | Hol  | Philippe Seguin     | 58      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 87%  | 0.02 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.03   | 
| DR   | Hol  | Tomaso Surano       | 46 (3)  | 2    | 9    | 2    | 74%  | 4.15 | 0.90 | 50%  | 11   | 0    | 7.21   | 
| DCR  |      | Mussa M'ong         | 37 (3)  | 0    | 1    | 1    | 78%  | 2.92 | 0.60 | 50%  | 10   | 0    | 7.27   | 
| DCL  | Inj  | Franco Macagno      | 54      | 6    | 0    | 15   | 73%  | 2.91 | 0.54 | 54%  | 8    | 0    | 7.88   | 
| DL   | Hol  | Formiga             | 46 (2)  | 0    | 12   | 3    | 74%  | 5.27 | 0.96 | 33%  | 7    | 1    | 7.17   | 
| DMC  | Hol  | José Borges         | 29 (1)  | 0    | 4    | 0    | 85%  | 6.32 | 0.53 | 40%  | 10   | 1    | 7.19   | 
| MCR  | Hol  | Zumbi               | 41 (8)  | 5    | 5    | 2    | 80%  | 6.24 | 1.30 | 38%  | 4    | 0    | 7.14   | 
| MC   | Hol  | Marlon Bovu         | 45 (5)  | 15   | 16   | 7    | 77%  | 6.25 | 1.55 | 50%  | 9    | 1    | 7.61   | 
| MCL  | Hol  | Tino Schneider      | 41      | 7    | 6    | 1    | 82%  | 5.45 | 0.91 | 41%  | 5    | 0    | 7.18   | 
| STCR | Hol  | Guillermo Grille    | 21 (4)  | 7    | 3    | 1    | 73%  | 2.36 | 1.02 | 32%  | 3    | 0    | 7.06   | 
| STCL | Hol  | Ruud Nieuwenhuis    | 43 (1)  | 29   | 10   | 4    | 71%  | 2.87 | 1.13 | 46%  | 5    | 0    | 7.45   | 
| S1   | Yth  | Sergio Fabbri       | -       | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 
| S2   | Hol  | Alex Benvenuti      | 5 (11)  | 4    | 4    | 0    | 74%  | 1.89 | 0.47 | 78%  | 0    | 0    | 7.20   | 
| S3   | Hol  | Tiziano Dolci       | 9 (8)   | 1    | 1    | 0    | 74%  | 4.43 | 1.11 | 50%  | 2    | 1    | 7.13   | 
| S4   | Hol  | Luís Gustavo        | 15 (17) | 8    | 8    | 0    | 74%  | 2.90 | 1.07 | 40%  | 3    | 0    | 7.15   | 
| S5   | Hol  | Nicola Mularoni     | 24 (19) | 1    | 2    | 1    | 78%  | 6.26 | 0.40 | 18%  | 3    | 0    | 7.09   | 
| S6   | Hol  | Alessandro Barra    | 24 (7)  | 8    | 4    | 1    | 73%  | 2.38 | 0.62 | 44%  | 3    | 0    | 7.10   | 
| S7   | Hol  | Nico Bochini        | 25 (15) | 6    | 2    | 0    | 77%  | 4.87 | 0.97 | 37%  | 5    | 0    | 7.08   | 
| S8   | Hol  | Stéphane Mangan     | 4 (2)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 80%  | 1.75 | 1.50 | 0%   | 3    | 1    | 6.55   | 
| S9   | Hol  | Dirk Stahl          | 28 (5)  | 5    | 5    | 2    | 79%  | 4.82 | 0.57 | 68%  | 4    | 0    | 7.26   | 
| S10  | Hol  | Ross Hemmings       | 8 (12)  | 5    | 4    | 0    | 73%  | 2.33 | 0.89 | 62%  | 0    | 0    | 7.11   | 
| S11  | Hol  | Simongiorgio Marini | 19 (7)  | 1    | 2    | 1    | 70%  | 4.86 | 0.91 | 40%  | 3    | 0    | 7.02   | 
| S12  | Hol  | Denis Bellotto      | 4 (4)   | 1    | 2    | 0    | 70%  | 5.35 | 1.53 | 67%  | 0    | 0    | 7.09   | 
| -    | Hol  | Nicola Girolamo     | 0 (3)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 57%  | 0.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.80   | 
| -    | Hol  | Veysel Kocas        | 8 (4)   | 1    | 1    | 0    | 76%  | 4.60 | 0.90 | 33%  | 0    | 0    | 7.08   | 
|      |      |                     |         |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 

Club Honours

[b][u]Under 20's[/b][/u]

[b][u]Serie C1/A[/b][/u]

[b][u]Serie B[/b][/u]

[b][u]Serie A[/b][/u]
[i]Serie A Runners Up[/i]           - 2026-27, 2029-30, 2031-32

[i]Italian Super Cup Champions[/i]  - 2031-32

[i]Europa League Champions[/i]      - 2028-29, 2031-32

Player Awards

[b][u]Wins[/u][/b]

Serie C1/A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i] 	          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/5/topgoalscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]
[i]Player of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]	          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/819/playeroftheseason.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/7/playeroftheyearm.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2015-16)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]               - Davide Poletti       (2012-13)            
                                         - Francesco Di Tacchio ([b]2013-14[/b], [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2014-15[/url][/b], [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/685/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2015-16[/url][/b])
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]

Serie B

[i]Capocannoniere Serie B[/i]                    - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/255/topscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie B[/i]                  - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/707/teamoftheyearh.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2019-20)[/url]
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/713/teamoftheyearn.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2020-21)[/url]
[i]Serie B Goal of the Year[/i]                  - Givestin N'Suki      (2021-22)  

Serie A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie A[/i]                    - [url="http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/833/topscorerx.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2025-26)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie A[/i]                  - Marlon Bovu          [url="http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7969/teamoftheyeard.jpg"][b](2025-26)[/b][/url], [b][url="http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2026-27)[/url][/b], [b][url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2028-29)[/url][/b], [url="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2031-32)[/url]
                                         - Franco Macagno       [url="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2031-32)[/url]
                                         - Simongiorgio Marini  [b][url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2028-29)[/url][/b], [url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2029-30)[/url]
                                         - Guillermo Grille     [url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2029-30)[/url], [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
                                         - Philippe Seguin      [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9201/foreignplayeroftheyear.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url]
                                         - Guillermo Grille     [url="http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7887/foreign.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Franco Macagno       (2031-32)
                                         - [url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5606/youngplayeroftheyear.jpg"]Macelo Olivari       (2027-28)[/url]
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - [url="http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5555/manageroftheyear.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge    (2027-28)[/url], (2031-32)
[i]Serie A Fair Play Player of the Year[/i]      - [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/673/schneiderh.jpg"]Tino Schneider       (2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year[/i]            - Philippe Seguin      (2031-32)

International

Africa
[i]African Player of the Year Award[/i]          - [url="http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4771/africanfootballerofthey.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2029-30)
[i]African All XI Team of the Year[/i]           - Marlon Bovu [url="http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9766/africaxi.jpg"][b]         (2026-27)[/b][/url], [url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8910/africanteamoftheyear.jpg"][b](2027-28)[/b][/url], (2029-30), (2030-31), (2031-32)
[i]Broadcaster's African Footballer the Year[/i] - Marlon Bovu          (2029-30), (2030-31), (2031-32
[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          (2029-30)

Europe
[i]European Golden Boy Award[/i]                 - Franco Macagno       (2031-32)
                                         - [url="http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4666/europeangoldenboyaward.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2023-24)[/url]
[i]European Golden Shoe Award[/i]                - [url="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7239/goldenshow.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2025-26)[/url]

[b][u]Runner Up[/u][/b]

Serie C1/A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i]	          - Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)
[i]Serie C1/A Manager of the Year Award[/i]      - Leon Breakenridge    [b][url="http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7072/manju.jpg"](2013-14)[/b][/url], [b](2015-16)[/b]

Serie A

[i]Serie A Player of the Year Award[/i]          - [url="http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3581/runnerup.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url]
                                         - Franco Macagno       (2031-32)
[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9707/borgesbovuforeignplayer.jpg"]Jose Borges          (2026-27)[/url]
                                         - Guillermo Grille     (2031-32) 
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3581/runnerup.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge    (2026-27)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Marcelo Olivari      (2026-27)
[i]Capocannoniere Serie A[/i]                    - Guillermo Grille     (2030-31)
[i]Serie A Italian Player of the Year Award[/i]  - Franco Macagno       (2031-32)

International

[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5673/africa2nd.jpg"][b](2026-27)[/b][/url], [url="http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/482/africanmidfielderrunenr.jpg"][b](2027-28)[/b][/url], (2030-31), (2031-32)

Serie A

[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9707/borgesbovuforeignplayer.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2026-27)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Ruud Nieuwemhuis     (2025-26)
[i]Serie A Defender of the Year Award[/i]        - [url="http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8396/defender3rdplaceseriea.jpg"][b]Tomaso Surano        (2027-28)[/b][/url]
                                         - Mussa M'ong          (2031-32) 
[i]Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year Award[/i]      - Philippe Seguin      [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3313/goalkeeeroftheyear3rd.jpg"](2029-30)[/url]

Club Achievements

[i]Highest League Placing[/i]         - [url="http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6105/tableyg.jpg"]1st Serie A (2030-31)[/url]
[i]Most Club Appearances[/i]          - Jose Borges 507 (2031-32)
[i]Most League Appearances[/i]        - Luigi Bertolini 435 (2030-31)
[i]Most Club Goals[/i]                - Frederico Laurito 238 (2023-24)
[i]Most League Goals[/i]              - Frederico Laurito 223 (2023-24)
[i]Highest Transfer Fee Paid[/i]      - Marcelo Olivari, Velez, £7,750,000 (2026-27)
[i]Highest Sammarinese Transfer[/i]   - Nicolo Zanotti, Napoli Co-Ownership, £500,000 (2025)
[i]Highest Club Transfer[/i]          - Marcelo Olivari, Real Madrid, £15,500,000 (2027-28)
[i]Highest Attendance[/i] 	       - 21,760 v Barcelona (2027-28)
[i]Highest Average Attendance[/i]     - 21,558 (2031-32)
[i]Highest Gate Receipts[/i] 	       - £974, 000 v Genk (2030-31)
[i]Fastest goal[/i] 	               - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/10/quickestgoal.jpg/"]14 seconds, Frederico Laurito v Empoli Serie B (2016-17)[/url]
[i]Biggest Win[/i] 	               - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/201/biggestwin65.jpg/"]6-5 v Alto Adige (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Consecutive Wins[/i]               - 8 (2028-29)
[i]Games Without Losing[/i]           - 17 (2029-30)
[i]Most Goals in Serie B Record[/i]   - 107 (2020-21)
[i]Youngest Player in Serie A[/i]     - [url="http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4677/youngestseriea.jpg"]Andrea Giacobbi[/url] (2020-21)

| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 507  |
| Luigi Bertolini      | DC   | 486  |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 411  |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 382  |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 381  |
| Nico Bochini*        | AMC  | 354  |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 350  |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 308  |
| Nicola Girolamo*     | LCB  | 290  |
| Dirk Stahl*          | D/DMC| 229  |
| Philippe Seguin*     | GK   | 201  |
| Formiga*             | DR   | 188  |
| Mussa M'ong*         | DC   | 181  |
| Denis Bellotto*     | MCR   | 159  |
| Luis Gustavo+        | ST   | 127  |
| Guillermo Grille+    | ST   | 121  |
| Mauricio Ciminari   | DMC  | 120  |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 100+

| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 382  | 180    | 221  |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 308  | 59     | 83   |
| Guillermo Grille*    | ST   | 121  | 57     | 73   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 65     | 69   |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 381  | 39     | 45   |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 411  | 30     | 38   |
| Nico Bochini*        | AMC  | 354  | 24     | 31   |
| Luis Gustavo*        | ST   | 127  | 24     | 31   |
| Ross Hemmings*       | ST   | 87   | 15     | 26   |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 507  | 21     | 24   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 308  | 84     | 103  |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 382  | 56     | 76   |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 507  | 58     | 65   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 52     | 61   |
| Nico Bochini*        | AMC  | 354  | 48     | 61   |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 381  | 33     | 42   |
| Formiga*             | DR   | 188  | 27     | 40   |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 350  | 33     | 39   |
| Nicola Girolamo*     | LCB  | 290  | 37     | 37   |
| Luis Gustavo+        | ST   | 127  | 22     | 29   |
| Dirk Stahl+          | D/DMC| 229  | 16     | 24   |
| Tomaso Surano+       | DC   | 411  | 14     | 20   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

20+ Club PoM since 2012

| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 382  | 42     | 50   |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 308  | 34     | 44   |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 411  | 24     | 32   |
| Jose Borges*         | DMC  | 507  | 19     | 25   |
| Luca Petrucci       | MC   | 474  | 20     | 23   |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 350  | 16     | 23   |
| Franco Macagno+      | DC   | 82   | 14     | 20   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

| Franco Macagno       | 2031/32           | 1    |

Overall Best XI

No additions this season

San Marino Legends - The Hall of Fame

Class of 2025-26

1. Frederico Laurito (Player 2012-2025, Staff 2025-Present) Stats Career Staff

The most prolific scorer the club has seen and a one time leader in all time appearances. Vice captain for many years, he was loyal and with the club through its growth from Serie C1/A though to Serie A, picking up awards such as Top Goal scorer along the way. Is now a part of the backroom staff and looking to continue on with the club for many more years to come.

2. Francesco Di Tacchio (Player 2013-2026, Staff 2026-Present) Stats Career Staff

Captain from Serie C1/A to Serie A, the all time leading caps for the club, Di Tacchio was a loyal member of the team and family. Well respected and picking up awards throughout his career, there are none more greater than the 4 Fans Player of the Year awards he has received by the fans of the club. One of the All time greats continues on as a backroom staff member.

Class of 2026-27

3. Davide Poletti (Player 2009-2014, Staff 2014-Present) Stats Career Staff

Though he was only working with me for a short time as a player, he was our inaugural captain under my management and was our best player, making the Serie C1/A team of the year, Winning Serie C1/A Player of the Year and taking the Fans Player of the Year award. He then went on to become the u20's manager, keeping him at the club and has been involved in raising such players as Bertolini who is a future Hall of Fame candidate himself. His contribution to the team has been both on and off the field and as such, will be inducted as both a player and staff member in to the Hall of Fame.

Class of 2027-28

4. Alessio Luciani (Player 2013-2019, Player/Coach 2022-2028, Staff 2028-Present) Stats Career Staff

Spent two long spells a the club, becoming one of the most capped and well respected payers the club has seen. With us from the Serie C1/A all the way through to the Serie A, he was able to command a place in the first team up until his last few years, when he became a bench and backup player. Was able to carry on until he was 37, sharing his playing career with a Reserve's Manager role for 6 seasons, now continuing this role at San Marino into his retirement. Able to play all across the backline, he became the bench mark of the ultimate defender at the club and was often revered as one of the clubs best ever, most solid defenders.

5. Dejan Danza (Player 2014-2026) Career

One of our most prolific midfielders, Danza was amazing through the early stage of San Marino, up until the Serie A. He was always able to find the right pass and ended his career with 41 assists for San Marino. Better still, he was also very good from the edge of the area and managed 38 goals for the club, some of which proved vital throughout his career. One of the best all round players to pull on a San Marino Jersey and rightly added to the Hall of Fame.

Class of 2028-29

6. Marco Villanova (Player 2010-2019) Career

Villanova was one of the first fan favourites at San Marino, spending a couple of years at the club before and after I took charge. Was absolutely amazing in his opening 2 seasons as he dominated the charts for both assists and goals and controlled the Serie C1/A side along with Di Tacchio as one of the key contributors. As San Marino improved to the Serie B, Villanova lost his footing in the side and as our shape changed from one utilising wingers to one more focused down the middle, his role went from limited to none and he was loaned out for his last 2 years of his contract. Upon its expiring, he decided not to renew his contract and instead left to retire from the game at just 27 years of age. Despite his swift fall from grace, in 4 to 5 years of the 9 he spent at San Marino, he was truly one of the sides most gifted and best players

7. Matteo Paro (Player 2012-2018) Career Staff

With us for only 6 years, Paro was the heart and sole of the team and really shone when utilised in his favoured Defensive Midfield role. In fact, Paro's ability to supply and control the tempo of the match from this position is what led us to change the structure of the team and head in the direction of an anchor in midfield. To say the team was structured around him is an understatement as he was the leader before Di Tacchio took over, and is one of the main reasons the club rose from Serie C1/A to the Serie B so quickly. He retired and continues in the sport today as a Director of Football for Juve Stabia. He may one day come back to the club in the back room, but until then, will go down as a legend and pioneer of the San Marino midfield and the style of play we utilise today.

8. Carlo Pelagatti (Player 2010-2019) Career

Was at the club before I arrived and was one of the first players to lead from the back line. He helped create a solid defence in the early seasons and was one of our most solid defenders in our push for Serie B football. He struggled with the step up though and become a reserve in his final seasons, making only one Serie B appearance, but remained loyal to the club and fulfilled his contract obligations with no complaints. He decided to retire at just 30 once his contract was not renewed as he was now struggling to keep up with players around him, but his role in the Serie C1/A side will not be forgotten.

Class of 2029-30

9. Gabriele Pacciardi (Player 2012-2017) Career

Had a stay of 5 years, but in that time proved to be a great distributor of the ball and a very consistent performer. 3 of those seasons where successful first team positions as a key player, whilst one was as a provider and rotational distributor. Gained no great accolades but managed 14 assists in his 4 seasons as one of our defensive holding players, including one season alongside Paro as our defence helped us with Promotion. A key ingredient and one of the star players during our mediocre seasons, his only fault was being part of the side in the twilight years of his career. Had he been hear during his younger years and peak, he could of become an icon, if not a legend. Retired from all facets of the game at 33 but still supports us through the media from time to time.

10. Vittorio Ferrero (Player 2011-2015) Career Staff

A fantastic defensive unit in our backline who did a lot in his short stint at the club. Though his tenure was only 4 seasons, 3 under me, he was inspirational and even took home the the Fans Player of the Year Award. Our goals and ambitions differed and he left for Pro Patria before successful stints at Andria and Catanzaro. Though his career remained at Serie C football, he was one of our key players, especially over his last 2 seasons and his love from the fans for such solid performances was undeniable. He has gone on to be a manager, currently at Venezia.

Class of 2030-31

11. Erik Cabalceta (Player 2016-2027, Staff 2027-Present) Career Staff

Was at one time our first choice defender, proving a capable and solid Serie B and A player. In his stay at the club, he had 11 years total at Titani wih 7 great seasons, however towards the latter pat of his career, as the side started to push for higher positions as well, he became out of favour and players deemed stronger in the central defence where brought in to tighten the back line. His worthiness was evident in his 259 appearances, as well as his Fans Player of the Year Award, which he got in 2018-19 and is only the second defender to do so. Would not be out of place at his peak in the team of today and enters the hall of fame only just being ousted from the starting overall XI as of last season by a fuure hall of famer in Surano.

Class of 2031-32

12. Edoardo Pozzi (Player 2017-2030) Stats Career

A very stable player who managed to always do enough to hang around. Was always a threat and a compatible player in the midfield, able to slip back into the defensive midfield role if required. Was a starter for much of his time with us, but became a capable bench player and proved to be handy as an impact player as his career moved on. May be forgotten by many for his head down and behind the scenes attitude, but definitely one of the cogs that ticked in San Marino's rise to the top. A place in the Hall of Fame is that his efforts will not be forgotten.

12. Marco Bianchi (Player 2018-2027, Staff 2027-Present) Stats Career Staff

Was signed when he was entering his peak and showed his skill with his ability to defend all across the back line, but also to get a lot of assists from defence. This was a trend we exploited, and as a result of his great abilities, it is a tactic we still use to this day, 5 years after his retirement. He amassed 36 assists in less than 300 games from the backline and at the time of his retirement, was our most prolific defender in creating opportunities. Was heavily missed but has since stayed on and helps the younger players from time to time as a scout and with the tactics that made him a San Marino Hall o

| Marco Bianchi         | DRLC | 286  | 9         | 36          | 9   | 7.00   |
| Erick Cabalceta       | DC   | 259  | 11        | 4           | 14  | 6.93   |
| Dejan Danza           | MC   | 288  | 38        | 41          | 8   | 6.96   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio  | MC   | 419  | 56        | 114         | 37  | 7.22   |
| Vittorio Ferrero      | DC   | 73   | 3         | 0           | 4   | 7.12   |
| Frederico Laurito     | ST   | 403  | 238       | 85          | 52  | 7.21   |
| Alessio Luciani       | DLRC | 303  | 12        | 13          | 6   | 6.81   |
| Gabriele Pacciardi    | DMC  | 130  | 8         | 14          | 0   | 7.01   |
| Matteo Paro           | DMC  | 134  | 5         | 15          | 2   | 6.92   |
| Carlo Pelagatti       | DRC  | 123  | 0         | 9           | 3   | 6.97   |
| Davide Poletti        | MCL  | 50   | 11        | 15          | 7   | 6.97   |
| Edoardo Pozzi         | MC   | 314  | 28        | 35          | 7   | 6.99   |
| Marco Villanova       | AMRL | 126  | 29        | 22          | 3   | 6.98   |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

damn leonavich that has to be one of the unluckiest season finish i've ever seen :O

I know! Who enters the last game of the season in first... wins the last game 5-2... But then gets overtaken! Damn that 90 +2 goal.. If only... if only!

Keeps the game entertaining through. This has been one of my favourite saves after a slow start. Almost as good as my Harrow save on fm12...

I am in charge for San Marino for 18 years in game time and i had really good results how can I upload this game stats?

What are you looking to upload? You can normally upload screenshots via a photo site such as imageshack. the syntax is as follows, minus the space between the [ and url. the space was left in so that you may see the syntax. [ url=image url from imageshack here]Text that will be displayed[/url]

If you want to upload a save, you would need a site that will allow you to upload files. Not sure if the likes of Rapidshare are still popular for doing this these days?

Could the National team be on their way to their first tournament? It is early days, but after a 1-1 draw with 4th ranked Ireland, we managed to pull off this spectacular effort against 109th ranked Montenegro.

We are currently ranked 125th, but that is sure to change after these results, and we definitely have a decent keeper in Angelini and a striker on the rise in Bollini. I can see the team getting much better over the next 5 years with these guys leading the way at opposite ends of the field. Bollini now has 5 goals in 7 games internationally!

2026-27

So this year i would see how far i could go in our first Champions League campaign.

League:

Key transfers were Central defender Almeida and striker Daniel Aires.

I started the season in same style i finished the previous season. Great! i was undefeated right until the 25th round. added with my undefeated streak from the previous season, I undefeated in 55 rounds in Serie A!

unfortunately Inter was breathed down my neck the whole season, so the biggest lead i had was 6 point.

And then, on matchday 36. Inter away with a 3 point lead, a win will surely win us the title, a draw will be an okay result but i'm facing Juve in the next round. luckely i have a much better goal difference than them. And i lost 1-0 and Inter was nr. 1 in the table.

So I didn't manage to defend the title and have to make to with a 2nd place.

Past positions - I was leading the table for 28 rounds. really felt i deserved to win the league.. but that's football..

Millela, Finotti and Brinksby made it to the Serie A team of the year.

Jesper Brinksby became Topscorer of Serie A with 22 goals.

Brinksby also won Young player of the year.

The Cups:

Lost the super cup final 1-0 against Palermo. Only 2 players performed well and Palermo deserved the win. But hurt as their goal was scored with 10 minutes remaining.

Beat Reggiana 1-0 in the 1st round of the Italian Cup. But i was sent out in the dark by Juventus 1-0 in the quarter-final.

Europe:

For the first time i qualified directly to the group stage. And I got a warm welcome into Champions League as I draw the group of death: Real Madrid (spanish champions), PSG (french champions) and Red Star (serbian champions).

The team performed over all expectations with 4 wins and 2 draws to claim the top spot.

But in the first knock-out round i drew Manchester City. And I lost 1-0 away before losing 3-1 at home. So no trophies to San Marino this season :(

And by the way. English teams are sick = only 2 non english teams have won Champions League in my save. Juventus and Leverkusen. Manchester United or Arsenal have won the rest.

Team of the year

both new signings Almeida and Aires made it to the team of the year. Aires ahead of Captain Ogden who made 6 goals more than Aires in less games.

in other news

I won the serie A Manager of the year award.

Brinksby won European Golden boy, and dedicated the award to me ^^'

Future goals:

Win champions league someday..

Unlucky FGreve, seems you did so well, only to get beaten at the last hurdle, but that is football and what makes it so exciting. I'm sure with the players you have now gelled inlcuding the new signings, you will be able to take top spot again next year!

Pre season 2032-33

Expectations

After losing in the worst of ways last season, I made it our priority to win again. The board now want us to challenge. A first place will be my aim, though anything that guarantees automatic Champions League will suffice. Top 3 is a minimum.

Transfers

No transfers again as they youth players have finally stepped up in to starting spots. Macagno has been especially a standout.

Facilities

Youth facilities dropped due to technology enhancements but were quickly upgraded to keep in touch.

Funding

The stadium had just under an extra 7000 seats added so that we can now hold around 28,000 fans, 4,000 short of our entire population!

Previous Season Goals

* Make CL Quarters knocked out at group stage but won Europa League

* Improve defence to less than a goal a game Did so over all games for the year, but conceded 40 in Serie A

* Finish in top 4 ACHIEVED

Season Goals

* Make CL Quarters

* Improve defence to less than a goal a game

* Win Serie A

Previous Future Goals

* Win CL within 5 seasons knocked out in group stages

* Increase local youth products in national team to more than one regularly ACHIEVED

* Expand Stadium ACHIEVED

Future Goals

* Win CL within 4 seasons

* Increase local youth products in national team

* Expand Youth Network to make better youth players

International 2032

Our best year to date and the break through that helped us break the top 100! We started with a narrow win over Singapore, before Cape Verde gave us a taste of our own medicine with a 1-0 win over us. We then somehow managed a 1-1 draw with Ireland who are ranked 4th in the world, before we destroyed Macedonia 4-0. While they were ranked 109th at the time, that is simply a massive result. Getting 4 points in World Cup Qualification as well as 2 wins out of 4 games was enough to finally see us break into the top 100, and hit a dizzying height of 89th.

We lost to Slovakia 3-1 before we got back on track with a win over Luxenbourg to see us surprisingly have 7 points from 4 games in qualifications and stand a slim chance of progression if we were to keep this good form up, though it was still early days in the race for the greatest stage the game has. The good results also helped us move up the ranks further to a record best of 82nd. Whether we can maintain this or not will be difficult as we still lack superstars, though we do have some decent talent creating or back bone in Angelini in goals, Pelliccioni and Bollini at the back, Mularoni and Zanotti in the middle and the other Bollini up front.

2032 Best XI

Fixtures

Players with Potential - 23 and Under

Aldo Angelini - 23

Is at a level to compete with Seguin in the club form of the game which means that he is of high standard now. Serie A competative, we are on the verge of having a world class keeper. It is just a shame that he is behind Seguin in the club form of the game.

Alex Benvenuti - 19

Represented Italy U21's so I have pretty much lost him :(

Davide Bollini - 23

Although I said I didn't need him, the team has grown from strength to strength since he decided to play for his country of birth. His pace has been the real benefit at left back for us.

Marco Bollini - 17

Playing very well for us and is by far our best striker product, and what we have needed for a number of years. If we can somehow wrangle Benvenuti before he goes professional for Italy, we have a chance to use what would be our best ever front line.

Giorgio Fiorini - 23

Had a few chances, but is not really any much of my future plans, especially as he was dropped from the club and is now looking for a new place to ply his trade.

Andrea Giacobbi - 22

Scored his first goal and is getting better at becoming more consistent.

Lorenzo Gianni - 23

Leaving him on the list as it is his last year, being 23, but no longer considered as the team gets better and better.

Roberto Mularoni - 19

Scored a few times this season and is looking to make enough impact to get more of a role in the setup.

Massimo Raschi - 22

Has seen his opportunities dwindle.

Davide Rinaldi - 22

The gulf between he and Angelini is massive now. will remain in the shadows for his entire career bar a miracle.

Christian Saracino - 19

Nothing more than just a bench warmer these days

Federico Ugolini - 21

Now splitting the role of midfielder with his brother who has just entered the scene.

International Rankings

2012 – 209
2013 – 208
2014 – 209 
2015 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/826/ranking171.jpg/"]171[/url][/b]
2016 – 190
2017 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/855/163rd.jpg/"]163[/url][/b]
2018 – 180
2019 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/15/rank114.jpg/"]114[/url][/b]
2020 – 145
2021 – 175
2022 – 131
2023 – 135
2024 – 131
2025 – 121
2026 – 126
2027 – 149
2028 – 150
2029 – 110
2030 – 121
2031 – 116
2031 – [b][url="http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2363/breaking100.jpg"]82[/b][/url]

Overall Best XI

Overall XI Players who have represented both Club and Country

Cristian Bernardi

Luigi Bertolini

Aldo Angelini

Nicola Mularoni

Massimo Raschi

Nicolo Zanotti

International Awards & Achievements

[i]Top 10 Most Caps[/i]  - Luigi Bertolini        (117)
                 - Cristian Bernardi      (103)
                 - Andrea Pelliccioni     (84)
                 - Andy Selva             (74)
                 - Dario Treccani         (72)
                 - Damiano Vannucci       (67)
                 - Andrea Casadei         (66)
                 - Nicola Mularoni        (63)
                 - Alessandro Valentini   (62)
                 - Maicol Berretti        (61)

[i]Top 10 Most Goals[/i] - Mattia Righi            (12)
                 - Andrea Pelliccioni      (10)
                 - Andy Selva              (10)
                 - Nicolo Zanotti          (10)
                 - Marcello Bianchi        (7)
                 - Massimo Raschi          (6)
                 - Marco Bollini           (5)
                 - Daniele Ceccoli         (5)
                 - Fabio Cesana            (5)
                 - Giorgio Fiorini         (5)

[i]Most Goals in a match[/i]   - Mattia Righi       (3) [3-0 v Andorra 2019]
                       - Marco Bollini      (3) [5-5 v Cyprus 2031]

[i]Most Assists in a match[/i] - Tiziano Colantonio (3) [4-3 v Liberia 2021]

Records

[i]Highest World Ranking[/i] - [url="http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2363/breaking100.jpg"][b]82nd[/b][/url] (2023)

[i]Fastest Goal in European Qualifications[/i] - [url="http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3749/fastestevergoalineuros.jpg"]Mattia Righi, 11 seconds v Croatia[/url] (2023)

[i]Highest Attendance[/i] - [url="http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2111/recordhighnational.jpg"]21,760 v Croatia[/url] (2024)

San Marino Hall of Fame

Statistics provided in Alphabetical order whilst brief is in induction order. Being the first year, there has been 6 inducted players.

Class of 2026

1. Luigi Bertolini (2014-2031) - Current All time cap holder, Bertolini has been the best Sammarinese product in the country's history. Has been inducted during his playing career and is the first inducted players. He has been the most consistent player for the national side and since his debut at the age of 16, he has been a guaranteed stater while fit. There has been none better in the history of Sammarinese football, and is known as a living legend. The only Sammarinese player to be a key component to a professional outfit in the Serie A and to have one silverware including Europa League, Italian Cup and the Serie A. Has since tutored and been involved in the development of Sammarinese players at the club side to boost the national team. The most gifted and greatest Sammarinese player ever and will be tough to beat considering the period of which he played, during their toughest years.

2. Andy Selva (1998-2015) - Was the All time top scorer with 10 goals at one point in time. Was a rock and played for the national team until he was 40. Played in a time before some of the better players arrived and did most of his national service as a one man team. Captain of the side for 2 seasons.

3. Cristian Bernardi (2014-2030) - The second highest capped player and the best keeper in the history of the country. Has had no close competition and has been as solid as possible in a side that struggles to be competitive early in its history. Tutored and mentored Angelini who has taken over between the sticks, and even managed an assist from goals in his time with the National team. Will be missed and has reached Legendary status for his achievements.

4. Mattia Stefanelli (2010-2019) - The heir apparent to Selva. Lived up to the bill as best as possible but struggled with only 3 goals. Was the only striker choice for many seasons when Selva retired and captained the side briefly.

5. Aldo Junior Simoncini (2004-2018) - The first goal keeper and vice captain. Played for 6 years before retiring with 54 caps. His stats are not known, however he was a valuable member of a side struggling to find players to field. Was one of 3 original players to be automatic selections, along side Selva and Stefanelli.

6. Matteo Vitaioli (2013-2021) - Retired with 56 caps and 4 goals, he was a solid midfield player in an era that saw very little come through in they way of midfield talent. Though not the best of players, he was admirable in our engine room.

Class of 2027

7. Michele Cervellini (2006-2020) - His stats may not look all that great but he was the unsung hero for a number of years as he played a role in the middle for over a decade. Was a solid player who was always on the starting sheet until he reached his mid 30's and faded at the start of when the new crop of youngster where coming in.

8. Tiziano Colantonio (2013-2022) - Only had 39 caps for the national team but has a number of achievements that came with his short stint. He was the youngest ever player, breaking in to the starting line up of the national team at just 15 years and 290 days. He is also the record holder for the most assists in a match, standing at 3. His downfall in the national team came when the formation shifted from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-1-3-2 and wide players were removed from the starting line up. He was still given opportunities off the bench and did reasonably well, but his spell will be remembered more as the youngster with much potential who had a good first 5 year with the national team, rather than the squad player off the bench that he obtained for the remainder.

Class of 2028

9. Damiano Vannucci (1992-2013) - Only had one year in the national team under my guidance but has stood the test of time to be one of the highest capped players. Was looked up to by the younger generation and though he played in a difficult era, was still able to make the midfield role his own

10. Alessandro Ceccoli (2014-2026) - His debut year in football came when I entered management and for 13 out his 18 seasons he was a mainstay in the national team backline. He played through the tough years until we started to see some real progress in the national side and will be sorely missed as he was always a key player and valuable member. He managed 4 assists from the left hand side of defence in a team that has always struggled to score, showing he was a main component to anything creative on the left of the field.

Class of 2029

11. Fabio Francini (2016-2028)

Was a handy little midfielder who became a great servant for the national side. His role was primarily to support attacks, and showed good composure in a tough side to manage 3 assists and a decent rating of 6.41. Became a fan favourite and one of our key players during his peak for the national side and will take some beating as one of the better midfielders the country has had.

Class of 2030

12. Mattia Berardi (2015-2028)

Probably the most versatile defender we have had for the national side with the ability to play anywhere in the back line. Not only did he have decent ability technically, he was also one of our fastest defenders for his error, which made him very reliable at the back. In a time where Bertolini and Pellicconi have dominated the central defence, Berardi was on either side with Ceccoli or Riccio, helping to make the most formidable backline the National side has ever seen and the main reason for our sturdier defence and rise up the rankings towards breaking the top 100.

Class of 2031

13. Francesco Riccio (2015-2024)

Defenders have been the strongest component of the national team for a long time, and its no thanks to Riccio on the right helping out with this. A strong player, he was always solid and well deserving of a place in the national team. Currently the right back in the overall XI which shows his contribution was huge and he was one of the reasons that helped make San Marino competitive in the earlier stages of the national side.

Class of 2032

14. Mattia Righi (2019-2031)

Currently the all time top scorer with 12 goals for his country, he could of gone on to become much greater if not for serious injuries hampering him during his younger years. Was also over shadowed towards the latter part of his career with some more talented youngsters, but regardless, still went on to etch his name in history as the first Sammarinese player to hit a hattrick in a match as well as to become the top scorer. He totalled 54 caps by the time he retired at

[url="http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8519/96512934.jpg"]| Luigi Bertolini       | DC   | 117  | 1         | 5           | 6   | 6.91   |[/url]
[url="http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9551/24649436.jpg"]| Cristian Bernardi     | GK   | 103  | (201)     | 1(22)       | 1   | 6.68   |[/url]
[url="http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6314/mattiaberardi.jpg"]| Mattia Berardi        | DRLC | 56   | 0         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
[url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4896/ceccoli.jpg"]| Alessandro Ceccoli    | DLC  | 59   | 0         | 4           | 0   | 6.47   |[/url]
| Michele Cervellini    | MC   | 53   | 1         | 1           | 0   | 6.17   |
[url="http://imageshack.us/f/521/tiziano.jpg/"]| Tiziano Colantonio    | AMR  | 39   | 0         | 3           | 1   | 6.38   |[/url]
[url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3751/francini.jpg"]| Fabio Francini        | MC   | 43   | 1         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
| Francesco Riccio      | DR   | 51   | 2         | 0           | 0   | 6.49   |
[url="http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2765/righi.jpg"]| Mattia Righi          | ST   | 52   | 12        | 5           | 4   | 6.71   |[/url]
| Andy Selva            | ST   | 74   | 10        | 1           | 0   | N/A    |
| Aldo Junior Simoncini | GK   | 54   | (?)       | (?)         | 0   | 6.45   |
| Mattia Stefanelli     | ST   | 48   | 3         | 0           | 1   | N/A    |
| Damiano Vannucci      | MC   | 67   | 0         | 0           | 0   | 5.55   |
| Matteo Vitaioli       | MCL  | 56   | 4         | 1           | 1   | N/A    |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

Decided to give this challenge a go. Read about it before, but never was able to attempt this.

Former Sammarinese international Carlo Abirri has taken over the club team San Marino Calcio and at the same time San Marino National Team.

http://prntscr.com/1003pr

It seems like the 1st choice keeper Vivan is the weakest link in the team. Did you guys sell him or made him your 1st choice for the 1st season?

And what the hell with this massive amount of staff?!

Decided to give this challenge a go. Read about it before, but never was able to attempt this.

Former Sammarinese international Carlo Abirri has taken over the club team San Marino Calcio and at the same time San Marino National Team.

http://prntscr.com/1003pr

It seems like the 1st choice keeper Vivan is the weakest link in the team. Did you guys sell him or made him your 1st choice for the 1st season?

And what the hell with this massive amount of staff?!

Was my first choice for a few seasons. I find that as long as your defence is decent, the keeper will usually perform well too.

just a question, cant you buy couple very good foreign youngesters, and after couple years they will get san marino residents and use them for national games?

I think it takes 30 years to gain Sammarinese nationality so then that's out of the question.

I think it takes 30 years to gain Sammarinese nationality so then that's out of the question.

Its not even an option within the game. Players will gain total days towards Italian nationality out on loan for 3 month but not a single day when at the Sammarinese club for 20 years. Also, most youth's who are decent in talent, even if born in San Marino, will have Italian as a second nationality, or so I have noticed.

It's basically next to impossible to gain Sammarinese citizenship:

"To summarise, nationality is acquired as follows:

- anyone born of a San Marino father, or a San Marino mother if the father is

unknown or stateless, is a citizen of San Marino, whether or not born on San

Marino soil;

- any child adopted by a citizen of San Marino is a citizen of San Marino;

- anyone born on San Marino soil of unknown parents is a citizen of San Marino.

On the other hand, birth and residence, even for centuries and over several generations on

San Marino soil, do not entitle anyone born of a "foreign" father to San Marino nationality.

However, exceptionally and provisionally, aliens or stateless persons may acquire

nationality by naturalisation, granted by the Great and General Council (Consiglio Grande e

Generale, the San Marino Parliament) on the basis of criteria defined by the relevant statutes

(Acts of 12 August 1907; of 7 March 1914; of 15 May 1945 and Act No. 32 of 27 March 1984).

Once acquired, San Marino nationality can only be lost by renunciation, which must be

explicit and also be noted by the Great and General Council.

Acquisition of foreign nationality does not result in the loss of San Marino nationality

unless it is expressly renounced.

A foreign woman marrying a San Marino citizen may at any time acquire her husband's

nationality on request.

She is then requested to renounce her own original nationality unless this is contrary to

legislation in that state."

http://www.coe.int/t/dghl/standardsetting/nationality/Bulletin_en_files/San Marino E.pdf

So yeah, naturalising players isn't really an option - as far as I know, it's not possible in FM any more. IRL it typically takes 20-30 years I think.

I started with San Marino last night, but I'm trying to do it the long hard way - Sammarinese players only + the starting squad.

(I also signed a couple of young foreign players, having forgotten all about the unusual nationality business)

I think the first couple of seasons will be reasonable, if unspectacular - but once I lose the starting loanees and Italians, I figure it's going to get much, much harder. Definitely prepared to have to drop a division or so...

Did sign Andy Selva on the other hand though :D

Club 2032-33

Season Review

A bit of a rough season, and a flop considering how close we were to winning it last season. Still, we won the final game of the season 4-0 to retain our Champions League qualifications and take 4th place. We started off shaky losing the European Super Cup on penalties after 1-1 in 120 minutes, and then failed to win our opening game of the league. We then lost our opening Champions League match to make it a sweep and our worst start in a few seasons. We managed to beat Catania and Varese, although both were shaky results until a 2-0 loss to Roma kicked us in to gear. We went 11 games undefeated with only 1 draw, including a thumping of Udinese 4-1 and Ascoli 5-1. The best result though was a 2-0 win over Barcelona which put us through to the next round in the Champions League.

Our first lost came to Pr Vercelli against the run of our recent form, but we then went 8 in a row to make it through to the New Year in 2nd, and through in all competitions.

Fiorentina where our next stumbling block as they came from behind to win 3-2 which led to our second purple patch with a 2-2 draw to Napoli and a 1-0 loss to Parma. We went on another long run incuding beating Roma in our rematch, as well as beating Manchester City in the CL on a 3-2 aggregate. Our injury toll mounted with key layers Bovu, Grille, Nieuwenhuis and Macagno all out, with a host of others out on their feet or recovering from injury. As a result, our form dipped again as we lost 3 out of 4 Serie A games including a 4-0 hiding at the hands of Ascoli. We made it 4 no results out of 5 though as we also failed to beat Lyon in the quarters, and any chance of fighting for the title where dashed as we sat more than 10 points behind Juventus in first place. We had a good run in the CL up until this point and progressed to the Semi Finals to verse Manchester United. Though we did well, we ultimately lost out as we failed to capitalise on our domination in the second leg and lost 3-2 on aggregate.

Our league form picked up a bit and we ended the season strong, bar a 4-1 slip up to Milan. But our final day route of Torino saved face as we qualified in 4th place and still in the Champions League next season. We managed to make it to the Italian Cup final though, despite our poor form of late and I was fairly confident that we could pull off a win and win some silverware. We faced Milan, who just recently put a beating on us, so we tried to focus on keeping a tight backline. It seemed to work at first, however Milan slowly broke us down, and after striking once, we needed to try and fight back. We pushed up and they countered easily to make it 2, and they sat back on the lead to ride out a 2-0 win and lift the trophy.

Our forwards struggled this season, with Nieuwenhuis topping the charts with 25 in 42. Bovu was second from midfield with 14, and after missing 2 months towards the end of the season and our bad run. Grille managed 11 with Gustavo rounding out those with double figures, on 10.

Nieuwenhuis did well with his assists though as he topped with 9, while Zumbi and Marini did well with 8 each. Formiga and Bochini both got 7 to round out a fairly good season for our defenders and midfield. Macagno, despite an injury ruling him out for over a month managed a huge 6 goals from defence and 15 player of the match awards, averaging a massive 8.05 for the season. Bovu di well to pick up 5 whilst **** showed that defence was our strongest point this year, managing 4 himself.

We really struggled in front of goals, but with our defence at its strongest we were unbeatable at the back, Macagno, M'ong, Surano, Marini and Formiga made a formidable backline this season and lacked a lot of support up front.

League Table

Squad

| GK   | Hol  | Philippe Seguin     | 56      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 83%  | 0.02 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.99   | 
| DR   | Hol  | Tomaso Surano       | 36 (2)  | 0    | 3    | 0    | 75%  | 3.40 | 0.74 | 40%  | 10   | 0    | 7.19   | 
| DCR  | Hol  | Mussa M'ong         | 54      | 1    | 0    | 4    | 80%  | 2.27 | 0.30 | 45%  | 4    | 0    | 7.18   | 
| DCL  | Inj  | Franco Macagno      | 40      | 6    | 0    | 15   | 72%  | 2.38 | 0.43 | 37%  | 4    | 0    | 8.05   | 
| DL   | Hol  | Simongiorgio Marini | 45 (5)  | 2    | 8    | 2    | 69%  | 5.81 | 0.98 | 50%  | 10   | 0    | 7.32   | 
| DMC  | Hol  | José Borges         | 41 (4)  | 0    | 5    | 0    | 86%  | 6.04 | 0.42 | 29%  | 17   | 0    | 7.15   | 
| MCR  | Hol  | Zumbi               | 45 (2)  | 7    | 8    | 0    | 82%  | 5.86 | 1.11 | 44%  | 4    | 0    | 7.20   | 
| MC   | Hol  | Marlon Bovu         | 34 (2)  | 14   | 4    | 5    | 76%  | 5.37 | 1.50 | 40%  | 7    | 0    | 7.49   | 
| MCL  | Hol  | Tino Schneider      | 39 (2)  | 3    | 2    | 1    | 82%  | 5.29 | 0.87 | 43%  | 5    | 0    | 7.03   | 
| STCR | Hol  | Guillermo Grille    | 27 (3)  | 11   | 4    | 2    | 75%  | 2.37 | 0.74 | 45%  | 7    | 0    | 7.26   | 
| STCL | Hol  | Ruud Nieuwenhuis    | 41 (1)  | 25   | 9    | 2    | 75%  | 2.28 | 0.82 | 50%  | 9    | 0    | 7.32   | 
| S1   | Hol  | Pierpaolo Troiola   | -       | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 
| S2   | Hol  | Ross Hemmings       | 18 (9)  | 4    | 5    | 0    | 74%  | 2.09 | 0.77 | 56%  | 1    | 0    | 6.94   | 
| S3   | Hol  | Nicola Mularoni     | 15 (20) | 1    | 0    | 0    | 83%  | 5.22 | 0.58 | 29%  | 4    | 0    | 6.97   | 
| S4   | Hol  | Dirk Stahl          | 18 (13) | 0    | 2    | 0    | 77%  | 6.69 | 0.80 | 32%  | 2    | 0    | 7.03   | 
| S5   | Hol  | Tiziano Dolci       | 3 (9)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 76%  | 3.45 | 0.86 | 100% | 2    | 1    | 6.77   | 
| S6   | Hol  | Nicola Girolamo     | 0 (1)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 83%  | 0.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.60   | 
| S7   | Hol  | Nico Bochini        | 26 (4)  | 1    | 7    | 0    | 80%  | 5.04 | 0.91 | 30%  | 7    | 0    | 7.13   | 
| S8   | Hol  | Stéphane Mangan     | 4 (5)   | 0    | 1    | 0    | 77%  | 7.07 | 1.86 | 33%  | 0    | 0    | 6.73   | 
| S9   | Hol  | Denis Bellotto      | 3 (8)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 83%  | 6.13 | 0.71 | 0%   | 0    | 0    | 6.89   | 
| S10  | Hol  | Luís Gustavo        | 23 (10) | 10   | 6    | 1    | 73%  | 2.11 | 0.73 | 53%  | 0    | 0    | 7.12   | 
| S11  | Inj  | Formiga             | 40 (6)  | 2    | 7    | 3    | 75%  | 5.83 | 1.25 | 71%  | 3    | 1    | 7.11   | 
| -    |      | Alex Benvenuti      | 12      | 1    | 2    | 1    | 71%  | 2.98 | 1.58 | 29%  | 0    | 0    | 6.91   | 

Club Honours

[b][u]Under 20's[/b][/u]

[b][u]Serie C1/A[/b][/u]

[b][u]Serie B[/b][/u]

[b][u]Serie A[/b][/u]
[i]Serie A Runners Up[/i]           - 2026-27, 2029-30, 2031-32

[i]Italian Cup Runners Up[/i]       - 2032-33
[i]Italian Super Cup Champions[/i]  - 2031-32

[i]Europa League Champions[/i]      - 2028-29, 2031-32
[i]European Super Cup Runners Up[/i]- 2032-33

Player Awards

[b][u]Wins[/u][/b]

Serie C1/A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i] 	          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/5/topgoalscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]
[i]Player of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]	          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/819/playeroftheseason.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]               - Davide Poletti       (2012-13)            
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]

Serie B

[i]Capocannoniere Serie B[/i]                    - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/255/topscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie B[/i]                  - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/707/teamoftheyearh.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Serie B Goal of the Year[/i]                  - Givestin N'Suki      (2021-22)  

Serie A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie A[/i]                    - [url="http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/833/topscorerx.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2025-26)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie A[/i]                  - Marlon Bovu          [url="http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7969/teamoftheyeard.jpg"][b](2025-26)[/b][/url], [b][url="http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2026-27)[/url][/b], [b][url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2028-29)[/url][/b], [url="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2031-32)[/url]
                                         - Franco Macagno       [url="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2031-32)[/url]
                                         - Simongiorgio Marini  [b][url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2028-29)[/url][/b], [url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2029-30)[/url], (2032-33)
                                         - Guillermo Grille     [url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2029-30)[/url], [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
                                         - Philippe Seguin      [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9201/foreignplayeroftheyear.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2032-33)
                                         - Guillermo Grille     [url="http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7887/foreign.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2032-33)
                                         - [url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5606/youngplayeroftheyear.jpg"]Macelo Olivari       (2027-28)[/url]
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - [url="http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5555/manageroftheyear.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge    (2027-28)[/url], (2031-32)
[i]Serie A Fair Play Player of the Year[/i]      - [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/673/schneiderh.jpg"]Tino Schneider       (2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year[/i]            - Philippe Seguin      (2031-32)
[i]Serie A Defender of the Year Award[/i]        - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2032-33)

International

Africa
[i]African Player of the Year Award[/i]          - [url="http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4771/africanfootballerofthey.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2029-30), (2032-33)
[i]African All XI Team of the Year[/i]           - Marlon Bovu [url="http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9766/africaxi.jpg"][b]         (2026-27)[/b][/url], [url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8910/africanteamoftheyear.jpg"][b](2027-28)[/b][/url], (2029-30), (2030-31), (2031-32), (2032-33)
[i]Broadcaster's African Footballer the Year[/i] - Marlon Bovu          (2029-30), (2030-31), (2031-32), (2032-33)
[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          (2029-30), (2032-33)

Europe
[i]European Golden Boy Award[/i]                 - Franco Macagno       (2031-32)
                                         - [url="http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4666/europeangoldenboyaward.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2023-24)[/url]
[i]European Golden Shoe Award[/i]                - [url="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7239/goldenshow.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2025-26)[/url]

[b][u]Runner Up[/u][/b]

Serie C1/A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i]	          - Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)
[i]Serie C1/A Manager of the Year Award[/i]      - Leon Breakenridge    [b][url="http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7072/manju.jpg"](2013-14)[/b][/url], [b](2015-16)[/b]

Serie A

[i]Serie A Player of the Year Award[/i]          - [url="http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3581/runnerup.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2032-33)
                                         - Franco Macagno       (2031-32)
[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9707/borgesbovuforeignplayer.jpg"]Jose Borges          (2026-27)[/url]
                                         - Guillermo Grille     (2031-32) 
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3581/runnerup.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge    (2026-27)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Marcelo Olivari      (2026-27)
[i]Capocannoniere Serie A[/i]                    - Guillermo Grille     (2030-31)
[i]Serie A Italian Player of the Year Award[/i]  - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2032-33)

International

[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5673/africa2nd.jpg"][b](2026-27)[/b][/url], [url="http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/482/africanmidfielderrunenr.jpg"][b](2027-28)[/b][/url], (2030-31), (2031-32)

Serie A

[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9707/borgesbovuforeignplayer.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2026-27)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Ruud Nieuwemhuis     (2025-26)
[i]Serie A Defender of the Year Award[/i]        - [url="http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8396/defender3rdplaceseriea.jpg"][b]Tomaso Surano        (2027-28)[/b][/url]
                                         - Mussa M'ong          (2031-32) 
[i]Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year Award[/i]      - Philippe Seguin      [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3313/goalkeeeroftheyear3rd.jpg"](2029-30)[/url]
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - Leon Breakenridge     (2032-33)

[b][u]World[/b][/u]
[i]Ballon D'or Nomination Shortlist[/i]          - Marlon Bovu          (2031-32), (2032-33)

Club Achievements

Highest League Placing         - 1st Serie A                                    (2030-31)
Most Club Appearances          - Jose Borges 552                                (2032-33)
Most League Appearances        - Jose Borges 459                                (2032-33)
Most Club Goals                - Ruud Nieuwenhuis 246                           (2032-33)
Most League Goals              - Frederico Laurito 223                          (2023-24)
Most Club Assists              - Francesco Di Tacchio 114                       (2025-26)
Most League Assists            - Francesco Di Tacchio 109                       (2025-26)
Highest Transfer Fee Paid      - Marcelo Olivari, Velez, £7,750,000             (2026-27) 
Highest Sammarinese Transfer   - Nicolo Zanotti, Napoli Co-Ownership, £500,000  (2025)
Highest Club Transfer          - Marcelo Olivari, Real Madrid, £15,500,000      (2027-28)
Highest Attendance 	       - 28,298 v Barcelona                             (2032-33)
Highest Average Attendance     - 25,961                                         (2032-33)
Highest Gate Receipts 	       - £1,290,000 v Barcelona                         (2032-33)
Fastest goal 	               - 14 seconds, Frederico Laurito v Empoli Serie B (2016-17)
Biggest Win 	               - 6-5 v Alto Adige                               (2019-20)
Consecutive Wins               - 8                                              (2028-29)
Games Without Losing           - 17                                             (2029-30)
Most Goals in Serie B Record   - 107                                            (2020-21)
Youngest Player in Serie A     - Andrea Giacobbi                                (2020-21)

| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 552  |
| Luigi Bertolini      | DC   | 486  |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 449  |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 424  |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 422  |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 400  |
| Nico Bochini*        | AMC  | 384  |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 344  |
| Nicola Girolamo*     | LCB  | 291  |
| Dirk Stahl*          | D/DMC| 260  |
| Philippe Seguin*     | GK   | 257  |
| Mussa M'ong*         | DC   | 235  |
| Formiga*             | DR   | 234  |
| Denis Bellotto*      | MCR  | 170  |
| Luis Gustavo*        | ST   | 160  |
| Guillermo Grille*    | ST   | 151  |
| Zumbi+               | MC   | 144  |
| Franco Macagno+      | DC   | 122  |
| Mauricio Ciminari    | DMC  | 120  |
| Ross Hemmings+       | ST   | 115  |
| Nicola Mularoni+     | DMC  | 104  |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 100+

| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 424  | 200    | 246  |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 344  | 67     | 97   |
| Guillermo Grille*    | ST   | 151  | 63     | 84   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 65     | 69   |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 422  | 41     | 48   |
| Luis Gustavo*        | ST   | 160  | 29     | 41   |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 449  | 30     | 38   |
| Nico Bochini*        | AMC  | 384  | 25     | 32   |
| Ross Hemmings*       | ST   | 115  | 18     | 30   |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 552  | 21     | 24   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 344  | 87     | 107  |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 424  | 60     | 85   |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 552  | 63     | 70   |
| Nico Bochini*        | AMC  | 384  | 52     | 68   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 52     | 61   |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 400  | 38     | 47   |
| Formiga*             | DR   | 234  | 33     | 47   |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 422  | 34     | 44   |
| Nicola Girolamo*     | LCB  | 291  | 37     | 37   |
| Luis Gustavo*        | ST   | 160  | 26     | 35   |
| Dirk Stahl*          | D/DMC| 260  | 17     | 25   |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 449  | 16     | 23   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

20+ Club PoM since 2012

| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 424  | 44     | 52   |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 344  | 36     | 49   |
| Franco Macagno*      | DC   | 122  | 23     | 35   |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 449  | 24     | 32   |
| Jose Borges*         | DMC  | 552  | 19     | 25   |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 400  | 18     | 25   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 20     | 23   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

| Franco Macagno       | 2031-33           | 2    |

Overall Best XI

No additions this season

San Marino Legends - The Hall of Fame

Class of 2025-26

1. Frederico Laurito (Player 2012-2025, Staff 2025-Present) Stats Career Staff

2. Francesco Di Tacchio (Player 2013-2026, Staff 2026-Present) Stats Career Staff

Class of 2026-27

3. Davide Poletti (Player 2009-2014, Staff 2014-Present) Stats Career Staff

Class of 2027-28

4. Alessio Luciani (Player 2013-2019, Player/Coach 2022-2028, Staff 2028-Present) Stats Career Staff

5. Dejan Danza (Player 2014-2026) Career

Class of 2028-29

6. Marco Villanova (Player 2010-2019) Career

7. Matteo Paro (Player 2012-2018) Career Staff

8. Carlo Pelagatti (Player 2010-2019) Career

Class of 2029-30

9. Gabriele Pacciardi (Player 2012-2017) Career

10. Vittorio Ferrero (Player 2011-2015) Career Staff

Class of 2030-31

11. Erik Cabalceta (Player 2016-2027, Staff 2027-Present) Career Staff

Class of 2031-32

12. Edoardo Pozzi (Player 2017-2030) Stats Career

A very stable player who managed to always do enough to hang around. Was always a threat and a compatible player in the midfield, able to slip back into the defensive midfield role if required. Was a starter for much of his time with us, but became a capable bench player and proved to be handy as an impact player as his career moved on. May be forgotten by many for his head down and behind the scenes attitude, but definitely one of the cogs that ticked in San Marino's rise to the top. A place in the Hall of Fame is that his efforts will not be forgotten.

13. Marco Bianchi (Player 2018-2027, Staff 2027-Present) Stats Career Staff

Was signed when he was entering his peak and showed his skill with his ability to defend all across the back line, but also to get a lot of assists from defence. This was a trend we exploited, and as a result of his great abilities, it is a tactic we still use to this day, 5 years after his retirement. He amassed 36 assists in less than 300 games from the backline and at the time of his retirement, was our most prolific defender in creating opportunities. Was heavily missed but has since stayed on and helps the younger players from time to time as a scout and with the tactics that made him a San Marino Hall of Famer.

Class of 2031-32

14. Luigi Bertolini (Player 2012-2031, Staff 2031-Present) Stats Career Staff

An absolute legend for both club and country, he will definitely go down as one of the best to play for the side ever. He was always solid and a key component for 20 years, even playing 14 Serie A games in his final season for an average rating of 7.23. He was head and shoulders above the rest of Sammarinese products, not just from his generation, but from all players as he is the only player to be a consistent starter in a top league, which was ranked 2nd behind the Premier League during his time.

A youth Product who played with the team from Serie C1/A all the way through to winning the league in the Serie A in his final season, was fiercely loyal and will forever be remembered as the heart and sole of his club and country. He was lucky enough to be named captain sporadically throughout his career, including a few games of, as well as the final game of their first and only Serie A title to day. More than just an Icon, he is a legend and plans are afoot to erect a statue at the stadium, to be unveiled at the opening of the newly to be created grandstand next season.

| Luigi Bertolini       | DC   | 486  | 16        | 8           | 13  | 7.07   |
| Marco Bianchi         | DRLC | 286  | 9         | 36          | 9   | 7.00   |
| Edoardo Pozzi         | MC   | 314  | 28        | 35          | 7   | 6.99   |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

2027-28

The main objective this season was to recover the title stolen by Inter last season..

League:

Diego was the only key transfer this year replacing Dwayne Ogden who was skipped off to Stoke City. Diego was only meant to be my 3rd choice striker behind Brinksby and Aires, but Aires failed to deliver. He only scored 1 goal in 14 apps before he was sold to Barcelona for £30,000,000. Diego scored 12 goals in Serie A.

I cashed in some bad results in the beginning of the season with a couple of draws and 2 losses. A lot of matches this season ended without a winner as i found it difficult to keep a clean sheet. I only kept 10 this season unlike last season were i kept 18.

But in the 18th round i took over the 1st place after beating Juventus 4-0 at home after 2 goals from Captain Millela.

This season proved most exciting with 3 teams competing to be number 1. and the gap between San Marino or Juve/Inter was never really bigger than 4 points. but as i played many draws I sometimes lost the 1st place. Luckely Inter lost pace, but with a 3 point lead or less i feared i would lose the title once more on the final matchday. In the 38th round San Marino was set to play Juventus away. But Juventus couldn't keep up, and lost 3 matches out of 4 before our meeting, which meant i could secure the title at home against 18th placed Chievo. Almeida, Tevez (a free transfer in february after Bastone were injured for the rest of the season) and Diego secured a 3-1 win and San Marino were champions once again!

And i also won the match against Juventus 1-0, which meant that the gap was 8 points. somewhat misleading after a close season.

past positions - league table

Millela won back the serie A Defender of the year award.

he also featured in the serie A Team of the year for the 3rd time.

The Cup:

San marino sent Carpi out 3-0 after extra time.

The quarter final was against Juventus. 8 minutes from time Juventus made the score 2-1 and my 10 men couldn't balance the score.

Europe:

In the group stage i drew Barcelona, Porto and Maribor. I lost 2 away games against Porto and Barcelona, but won the rest. Which secured me a 2nd place behind Barcelona.

In the 1st knock-out round i drew Getafe. Getafe sent me out i the europa league semi final a couple of seasons ago, so I got my revenge by sending them out 4-1 on aggregate. Then San Marino met Benfica who were comfortable defeated 5-2 at home. But a Paplo Goncalves who just have signed with San Marino on a bosman, scored 2 goals and made the away game more exciting than i had imagined. The game was lost 3-1. 1 goal more to Benfica would have sent me out, but San Marino was through 6-5 on aggregate. In the semi-final i was playing Juventus. I lost 1-0 away before playing a 2-2 draw at home. Annoying that it's always Juventus who are putting a stop to my triumphals. And that's also why i feared them in the final round in the league. Juventus went on to win Champions league.

Team of the year

Biggest suprise here was that Sørensen were in goal ahead of Belloni. Sørensen played 8 games more but Belloni was the better man. And he only played the top teams in the league and champions league so it's against better opposition. Bastone also had a great first half of the season, playing way better than the other alternative Pellizzaro. But a injury but a stop to his formidable season.

All-stars

Belloni have taken over Le Bretons place in goal and De Cesare have claimed the Anchor man role next to Mancini. otherwise no changes since last time i won the league.

in other news

Reached 700 games in charge.

was undefeated at home the whole season in all competitions.

Juventus have now only won the serie A once in last 6 seasons :lol:

May play my last season in charge of Titani.

FGreve - Thanks. I have the quality up front with Nieuwenhuis, Grille, Hemmings and Gustavo but Grille really struggled the last 2 seasons after coming back from injury. I have brought in 2 youngsters (my first two transfers in 2 seasons), but I am trying to use home grown players to better enhance the national team. It seems to be paying off as the likes of Mularoni and Angelini are now playing decent football and are putting in some world class performances. I am even in with a chance of making my first major competition thanks to some incredible keeping and brilliant long range goals from the two previously mentioned stars.

You have done really well to take back the title, but it will be sad to see you stopping. Are you still aiming for a Champions League trophy or something with the national team? or are you looking towards a new challenge?

FGreve - Thanks. I have the quality up front with Nieuwenhuis, Grille, Hemmings and Gustavo but Grille really struggled the last 2 seasons after coming back from injury. I have brought in 2 youngsters (my first two transfers in 2 seasons), but I am trying to use home grown players to better enhance the national team. It seems to be paying off as the likes of Mularoni and Angelini are now playing decent football and are putting in some world class performances. I am even in with a chance of making my first major competition thanks to some incredible keeping and brilliant long range goals from the two previously mentioned stars.

You have done really well to take back the title, but it will be sad to see you stopping. Are you still aiming for a Champions League trophy or something with the national team? or are you looking towards a new challenge?

probably the way to go if you are to succeed with the national team.

Sounds like, with a bit more experience under their belt, you will qualify for the european championsships or maybe even the world cup? would be an extreme achievement if you succeed :D

I haven't decided to quit for good, but i have "run out of steam" in this save lately. I usually only play 3 maximum 4 seasons with a save before i'm bored so I have never played so long on a save before.

I'll be giving Champions League a serious shot this season, and if i'm close I think i'll try again. One thing is for sure.. I will not stop without having won anything in my last season.

About the national team. I won't take charge of San Marinos national team. I simply haven't produced proper sammarinese talents for a qualification to the World Cup would be realistic.

but due to my danish nationality (a beginners mistake if I would lead the San Marino NT to glory. It should have been sammarinese..) i've seen some good talents. Brinksby (who have the potential to become the worlds best player) and Sørensen are now established in my squad and I have more danish talents in my squad. So i think i'll be giving the World cup a shot with Denmark instead ^^''

I am not sure what has happened this season, but it seems like the focus on the national team has made them insane! I am up to November so 2 more months for the update, but by then you could be looking at the dark horse of a major competition!

A little tantaliser. I just played a match in which Ukraine were easily dispatched 4-0... Ukraine are ranked 28th in the world. Us? Well, you will find out soon enough :)

Danish could be fun and a bit of a challenge in itself. But the nationality of a manager really can play a big role in the quality and number of nationals that come through in the youth teams.

I am not sure what has happened this season, but it seems like the focus on the national team has made them insane! I am up to November so 2 more months for the update, but by then you could be looking at the dark horse of a major competition!

A little tantaliser. I just played a match in which Ukraine were easily dispatched 4-0... Ukraine are ranked 28th in the world. Us? Well, you will find out soon enough :)

Danish could be fun and a bit of a challenge in itself. But the nationality of a manager really can play a big role in the quality and number of nationals that come through in the youth teams.

Looking forward to hear about this.:thup:

That sound incredible exciting leonavich! looking forward to that update

and Indeed! i didn't think/know it played that big a role :O

Very, very intrigued to hear this...

Archived