The Sammarinese Challenge

TWFL

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also up for this challenge, hopefully not to late though ;)

i don't know what FMRTE or Genie Scout are, so i suppose i don't play with those features?

furthermore i don't play with the NT (yet)

and here is the screenshot of my Manager's profile: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/img0352hp.jpg/

(and yes it's not a regular screenshot but one taken with an ipod .... -.-' (my computer would only take screenshots of my desktop, and FM's screenshot function isn't any good, someone have og had that problem too?))

I'm also up for this challenge, hopefully not to late though ;)

i don't know what FMRTE or Genie Scout are, so i suppose i don't play with those features?

furthermore i don't play with the NT (yet)

and here is the screenshot of my Manager's profile: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/img0352hp.jpg/

(and yes it's not a regular screenshot but one taken with an ipod .... -.-' (my computer would only take screenshots of my desktop, and FM's screenshot function isn't any good, someone have og had that problem too?))

Whats wrong with the FM ss function? Better than taking a photo with a potato :p

Whats wrong with the FM ss function? Better than taking a photo with a potato :p

wuops just me being a noob.. -.-'

found out how to do it proberly now..

2012-13 Season

Brought in Keeper Mirko Pennesi, the experienced central defender Tommasino Romito and experienced left midfielder Esteban Dutra on free transfers to strengthen the starting XI. Pennesi, only 23, proved early on to be a much better alternative to Vivan, and he became better and better as the season progressed. Romito put in some solid performances and but it was on loan Mannini who scored 0.4 in av. rating more than Romito, and thereby the best defender, thanks to one goal and one assist claim to his name.

I opted 2 different formations. A 4-4-2 when I was on the offensive meeting weaker sides, or a 4-1-4-1 when counter-attacking seemed a better option. In the League I had a fairly good start, which saw me bouncing between the 7th and 8th place in the league for most parts of the seasons. But after the 22nd round things didn't work out well for the team which saw a 5 straight losses and a drop to the 14th place of the table. But things started getting back on track and 8 points in 6 matches secured an 11th place.

In both cups i was eliminated in the second round.

One major thing to improve in the next season: The home record. Second worst of the league. auch.

But overall an approved season and already looking forward to 3 free transfers in young prospects as for example Lukas Spendlhofer, 19, who joins from Inter and capable of playing CD, DM and CM.

So hopefully that will help San Marino climb up the table next season.

Started this challenge and I'm into 2nd season, but I've put my manager nationality as English and just read somewhere it should be sammarinese will it affect the international side of things if I carry on ? Had a great 1st season !
Shouldn't too much. It'll probably just mean you may get some English Youth in the Intakes which isn't a bad thing it just means there will be less Sammarinese prospects.

2013-14 Season

Having brought in 3 free transfers in the summer, i was still looking to streghten the starting XI. So right winger La Camera joined from relegated Pavia, 24-year-old left back Toscano and Manninirejoining Titani on a year long loan deal. No new formations were introduced in the pre-season.

The Season started excellent with vicories over Cittadella, Portogruera and Lumezzane and after 5 round my side was placed 5th in the table. But then, just like last season, the team hit a bad run, claiming only one win in November-January...

Rotating the squad more often, to find the winning formula, 16-year-old wonderboy Thomas Lupi started playing regulary, and with 5 goals and 8 assist to his name in 15 apps, he was one of the key players in the spring-season.

And with 6 victories in the final 10 games, San Marinos finest, moved up 5 positions finishing 8th in the league.

19 points from the play-offs though.. Again the efforts in the cup is nothing to write about.

My personal highlight of the season, came in round 31 against Giacomonese. Being behind 3-0 at half time, i subbed 3 players( including topscorer Coda who'd scored 17 goals in 28 appearences), bringing on Farina at right back, Toscano at left back (moving Mannini into the central defence replacing Romito) and deep-lying striker Piccioni, who'd only scored 3 goals in 18 apperances...

It took 8 minutes for Piccioni to score 2, and after 11 minutes into the second half he was giving the chance to equalise from a spot-kick. Unfortunately he missed, seeing his shot hit the post. but 3 minutes from full-time he comleted his hattrick, scoring inside the box after a through ball from Lupi.

And then, 3 minutes into the stoppage time.. Freekick.. Lupi serves the ball into the box, Mannini unmarked.. 4-3!! was very pleased with the second half. ^^

Next season will see 4 youngsters joining from free transfers, but i will still look to improve the starting line-up. Hopefully the financial problems will not affect to bring one or two labor-intensive players in..

Going to give this a go later on and will post a screenshot then. I tried the game out though and noticed my attendances were extremely low... What are yous getting in your first season. I think i played the first month and the club lost about 250k a month and that was with no signings. Are finances a real battle?

Finances are terrible. I am in Serie B, make minimal signings who are all free or loanees anyway and still take a loss. The TV Rights boost me into the black at the start of every season, but I tumble into red come mid season at the latest.

My average season attendances are so far:

12/13 - 1120

13/14 - 939

14/15 - 710

15/16 - 1169

16/17 - 1961

17/18 - 2087

18/19 - 2335

19/20 - 2596

20/21 - 2861

21/22 - 1043*

*Only played 2 cup games and one league game so far

Yeah mine have picked up now in second season but the first season i only had 500 average! Majorly in the red come end of season!!

However end of the second season I have managed to get the team promoted via playoffs and now that I am in Serie B. I thought it would now be a good time to take on the international job as well! I added a manager and then retired him in order to open up the national team job but I applied and constantly are rejected for the job in favour for the guy that was in charge at the start! Anyone know how I can guarantee myself the managers job?

i think i gonna try this challenge also, but with a higher difficulty. only playing with own youth or only buying players of sammarinese nationality. nothing else.

other question: If i use the classic version, would it mean i cant use the NT ? as i cant load the players of sammarinese nationality ? would it affect it ?

i think i gonna try this challenge also, but with a higher difficulty. only playing with own youth or only buying players of sammarinese nationality. nothing else.

other question: If i use the classic version, would it mean i cant use the NT ? as i cant load the players of sammarinese nationality ? would it affect it ?

It will probably mean you can't manage the national team as you won't have enough players to select from. The national team can still do well if you get the club team up high and make good youth players and it shouldn't impact the club side of things either.

Got the national job!

First two games were a home game against Russia and an away game against Lichtenstein. Russia game was 0-0 until around 85mins when they scored due to calamitous defending from a centre back. Finished 1-0. Not bad considering I was expecting to concede 3 or 4. On the other hand the Lichtenstein

game was utter rubbish and got hammered 4-2 and really should have been more! To say I was disappointed was an understatement!

International 2021

Another very poor season on the international front has seen us take a step backwards really and I have decided to start organising friendlies verse lower opposition just to tick over some wins for next season. We started the year the year poorly with heavy losses to Austria (4-0) and Montenegro (6-1), but looked decent against Romania, going down 2-0.

We then fell off the wagon losing 7-0 to Wales, while also losing a narrow game to 193rd ranked Lichtenstein.

Our ranking plummeted with losses to France and Poland, and it was about time to change up the fixtures to give us a chance and I put in a game against Liberia to do just that. Though we struggled, we still got a good 4-3 win to have our first win of the calendar year. I pressed our luck though with a friendly against Barbados which we lost 3-1 to close the year, our ranking dropping to 175 by the years end, a drop of 30 from the previous season.

2021 Best XI

Fixtures

International Rankings

2012 – 209
2013 – 208
2014 – 209 
2015 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/826/ranking171.jpg/"]171[/url][/b]
2016 – 190
2017 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/855/163rd.jpg/"]163[/url][/b]
2018 – 180
2019 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/15/rank114.jpg/"]114[/url][/b]
2020 – 145
2021 – 175

Overall Best XI

There are currently three San Marino Club players in the National team's overall best XI

International Awards & Achievements

[i]Most Caps[/i]  - Andy Selva             (74)
          - Damiano Vannucci       (67)
          - Maicol Berretti        (61)
          - Matteo Vitaioli        (56)
          - Manuel Marani          (55)
          - Aldo Junior Simoncini  (54)
          - Michele Cervellini     (53)
          - Luigi Bertolini        (51)

[i]Most Goals[/i] - Andy Selva             (10)
          - Matteo Vitaioli         (4)
          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/21/mattiarighi.jpg/"]Mattia Righi[/url]            (4)
          - [url="http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2515/25caps3goals.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge[/url]       (3)
          - Mattia Stefanelli       (3)
          - Roberto Angelico        (2)

[i]Most Goals in a match[/i]   - Mattia Righi       (3)

[i]Most Assists in a match[/i] - Tiziano Colantonio (3)

Manager Update

New milestone in my career today as I will be managing in my 500th game against Como. Managing San Marino sides, my records look like this:

[b][u]San Marino (Club)[/u][/b]

[i]Games:[/i]     410
[i]Wins:[/i]      180
[i]Losses:[/i]    134
[i]Draws:[/i]     96
[i]Percent:[/i]   43%
[i]Goals F:[/i]   751
[i]Goals A:[/i]   627
[i]Goal Diff:[/i] +124

Cups:        0
Leagues:     0
Promotions:  1
Relegations: 0

[b][u]San Marino (National)[/u][/b]

[i]Games:[/i]     89
[i]Wins:[/i]      7
[i]Losses:[/i]    75
[i]Draws:[/i]     7
[i]Percent:[/i]   7%
[i]Goals F:[/i]   41
[i]Goals A:[/i]   287
[i]Goal Diff:[/i] -246

Cups:           0
Qualifications: 0 

[b][u]San Marino (Total)[/u][/b]

[i]Games:[/i]     499
[i]Wins:[/i]      187
[i]Losses:[/i]    209
[i]Draws:[/i]     103
[i]Percent:[/i]   37%
[i]Goals F:[/i]   792
[i]Goals A:[/i]   914
[i]Goal Diff:[/i] -122

2014/2015

Had a great 3rd season in charge of San Marino, with a promotion and winning the serie c cup!

As usual a couple free transfers was added to the team, most remarkable Leonardo Mancini/ (CM/DM), Gianmarco Oddo (RB) and Giacomo Biondi (CB).

Early signs was showing that this could be a great season, by beating a serie b side in the Italian cup, before getting our asses kicked by Genoa..

In the Serie C cup, the semi-finals proved to be the toughest challenge by drawing league leaders Varese.. But my defensive tactics worked and in the final i met Pavia from Serie C2A, who was comfortable beaten 5-2 on aggregate..

In the league i was in a comfortable play-off position through out the season, but in the spring season a got a bad run of form, and the persecuters was coming closer and closer. It all ended with a 1 point difference to nr. 6, and a 2 point difference to nr. 7.. Which meant that i finished 4th.

The odds was against me against Albino-Leffe in the first play-off round. Not only because Biondi (whose season average was 7.43) and Mancini had an quarantine in the first match. Not only because Lupi (my 17-year-old wonderboy with 13 goals and 14 assists to his name) was injured.

But mostly because i hadn't beaten them in 7 attempts... But a massive performance from each member in the selected line-up claimed a 3-0 win at home, before defending a 1-1 draw away to seal an aggregate win.

Some top defensive performances was needed if Modena was to be denied a promotion.. Modena was the team in the league with most goals, and not suprinsingly was the league topscorer from their side..

And after a 0-0 which saw the rock-solid centre back and club-captain Spendlhofer and Anchorman Pacciardi injured, the team was bringing home another top-defensive performance in the second match. Then one goal was suddenly enough and Titani-topscorer Coda delivered exactly what was needed, bringing Serie B to Olimpico next season!

Nice work FGreve! Good to see another person in the mix of the Serie B. It is a tough battle, but you have some quality players who will hopefully help you maintain and then push on.

Any luck keeping some of the loanees to permanent deals?

Club 2021-22

After such a good season last year, I came into this season with secretly higher expectations that what I had indicated. I tipped to the board a high mid table position, but personally had ambitions of another play-off run. I was quite happy with the performance of the team last year, so was happy to leave the squad as untouched as possible. 3 new faces came in, 2 defenders in the form of Tomaso Surano and Noicola Girolamo, the later playing a larger role in the team for the first half of the season and an attacking midfield come strikers on loan who made little impact and who's loan was terminated due to being surplus.

The signings where primarily due to a few players leaving, such as Allegra and Signori, whislt some of the younger players where sent out on loan. We also managed, for the first time to remain in the black through the season, mainly due to having some co-ownership deals taking place for Jose Borges (£240k), Edoardo Pozzi (£210k) and a whopping £1.3m for Luca Petrucci. All 3 players stay at San Marino which was even better news, but all three will be difficult to keep should the co-owning teams bid to buyout their contracts.

We kicked off the year with a good start in the cup, winning in both the first and second qualifying rounds, however our league for was not as crash hot as we lost our opening tie 4-2 to Vicenza. We then went on a 6 game unbeaten run and looked to be carrying over last year's form until we were upended by a then top of the table Lazio 2-1. We then hit a bit of inconsistency, losing to Modena 1-0 and Siena 2-0 with two clean sheet wins over Nocerina and Pisa between. This was followed by a tremendous run of going undefeated in 14 of 16 games which took us into the new year and which included a fantastic 1-0 win over Serie A side Catania in the Italian Cup 4th Qualifying round. This also spelled out best run of 7 straight league wins, only broken by a 4-1 loss to AC Milan in the First round of the Italian Cup proper. The best of which, a 4-0 thumping of Ternana to propel us into not only into playoff potential but in the fight for an automatic promotion place.

Through February and March our form got a bit shaky with 3 losses and 3 draws cropping up. 2 losses hit heavily as they were in quick succession, and both heavy 3-1 defeats bringing us back to the pack as moved from 2nd to 4th and allowing Sorrento the chance to move further away. However, we managed to get back on track picking up 6 wins, one of which being a 3-1 win in our third last game of the regular season against Sorrento. The only down side, was a very lacklustre 6-0 demolishing at the hands of Taranto to dent our chances of an automatic place. We came in to the last game of the season with the standings at:

Sorrento.....82 (v Ternana[5] A)

San Marino..80 (v Novara[15] A)

Lazio..........78 (v Juve Stabia[22] A)

With us all having away games, anything could happen so I was determined to win to take fate out of the equation. We started with our now classic overload 4-1-3-2 that presses the opposition really high and it paid dividends with Leandro striking early. Novara pressed and were happy to counter for the time with the lead. By half time, we were in first, as the table was San Marino (83), Sorreno (82), Lazio (81). As the second half draw on, Danza struck from an attacking central midfield role to virtually put the game beyond doubt in the 73rd minute. However, Sorrento managed to strike back in their match and take the lead to put us back in second. Novara had one final comeback in the as hey struck the net late on, but goal was dissallowed, and we shut up show for the final 5 minutes to hold out 2-0 and secure 2nd place and an automatic play-off spot! We were in the Serie A for the 2022-23 season and the team was going crazy with joy for such an achievement.

The best part about the season, other than the resulting league position, was the contribution of all the players. No one player stood out as in previous years, with all 3 key strikers, N'Suki (15), Leandro (15), Laurito (13) netting double digits and the likes of Petrucci (8), Danza (6) and Di Tacchio (6) scoring plenty from the middle. Even Bianchi chipped in with 4 from the back. Assists were much more evenly spread with a players from each position topping the charts. Petrucci (11), Laurito (10) and Tedesco (7) where the stand outs with half dozen others notching close to 5 or more for the season.

With Players like Laurito (31) and Di Tacchio (32) now edging towards the latter part of their careers and taking lesser starring roles, it is important to keep the gel of the current squad, but inject 1 or 2 players to pick up the slack next season. Staying up will be very difficult, and if I am honest with ourselves, I cannot see us keeping a float next year in Serie A, though the experience will be fantastic and if we manage to say up, an incredible feat.

League Table

Squad

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                 | Apps    | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   | Hol  | Alessandro Grilli    | 46      | 0    | 0    | 1    | 76%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.00   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   | Hol  | Giacomo Tedesco      | 33 (1)  | 2    | 7    | 1    | 75%  | 3.74 | 1.26 | 50%  | 5    | 0    | 7.02   | 
| DCR  | Hol  | Luigi Bertolini      | 34      | 1    | 3    | 0    | 77%  | 2.01 | 0.29 | 80%  | 4    | 0    | 6.99   | 
| DCL  | Hol  | Erick Cabalceta      | 42 (1)  | 2    | 1    | 0    | 78%  | 2.55 | 0.24 | 67%  | 3    | 0    | 6.90   | 
| DL   | Hol  | Marco Bianchi        | 34 (3)  | 4    | 5    | 6    | 68%  | 5.00 | 1.61 | 64%  | 4    | 0    | 7.26   | 
| DMC  | Hol  | Francesco Di Tacchio | 30 (2)  | 6    | 5    | 1    | 79%  | 5.15 | 0.90 | 49%  | 2    | 0    | 7.17   | 
| MCR  | Hol  | Edoardo Pozzi        | 31 (2)  | 4    | 3    | 3    | 82%  | 4.20 | 1.02 | 40%  | 6    | 0    | 7.26   | 
| MC   | Hol  | Dejan Danza          | 17 (4)  | 6    | 2    | 3    | 83%  | 4.29 | 1.53 | 43%  | 4    | 0    | 7.28   | 
| MCL  | Inj  | Luca Petrucci        | 37 (4)  | 8    | 11   | 5    | 81%  | 4.65 | 1.11 | 49%  | 8    | 0    | 7.25   | 
| STCR | Hol  | Leandro              | 20 (25) | 15   | 3    | 2    | 81%  | 1.00 | 1.04 | 51%  | 4    | 0    | 7.01   | 
| STCL | Hol  | Federico Laurito     | 30      | 13   | 10   | 2    | 84%  | 1.29 | 1.13 | 52%  | 6    | 0    | 7.20   | 
| S1   | Hol  | Cristian Bernardi    | -       | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 
| S2   | Hol  | Givestin N'Suki      | 37 (1)  | 15   | 6    | 3    | 81%  | 1.31 | 1.84 | 52%  | 1    | 0    | 7.18   | 
| S3   | Hol  | Roberto Gorini       | 3 (14)  | 0    | 1    | 0    | 74%  | 1.69 | 0.19 | 0%   | 0    | 0    | 6.84   | 
| S4   | Hol  | Massimiliano Basile  | 2 (18)  | 1    | 1    | 0    | 84%  | 3.88 | 0.82 | 50%  | 0    | 0    | 6.95   | 
| S5   | Hol  | Denis Bellotto       | 14 (17) | 3    | 2    | 0    | 83%  | 3.57 | 1.15 | 39%  | 5    | 1    | 7.00   | 
| S6   | Hol  | Mattia Censoni       | 1       | 0    | 0    | 0    | 87%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.00   | 
| S7   | Hol  | Giovanni Caruso      | 4 (13)  | 0    | 1    | 0    | 80%  | 3.66 | 0.35 | 38%  | 1    | 1    | 6.84   | 
|      |      |                      |         |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 
|      |      |                      |         |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 
| -    | Hol  | Mattia Minesso       | 6 (1)   | 1    | 1    | 0    | 83%  | 2.78 | 0.74 | 38%  | 3    | 0    | 6.74   | 
| -    | Hol  | Guido Barbetti       | 3 (6)   | 0    | 2    | 0    | 76%  | 1.89 | 0.81 | 20%  | 3    | 0    | 6.84   | 
| -    | Hol  | José Borges          | 43      | 3    | 4    | 2    | 83%  | 6.63 | 0.70 | 43%  | 8    | 0    | 7.41   | 
| -    | Hol  | Nicola Girolamo      | 31 (1)  | 2    | 5    | 3    | 69%  | 5.92 | 1.21 | 44%  | 5    | 0    | 7.30   | 

Player Awards

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i] 	- [url="http://imageshack.us/f/5/topgoalscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
[i]Player of the Season Serie C1/A[/i]	- [url="http://imageshack.us/f/819/playeroftheseason.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
                               - [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/7/playeroftheyearm.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2015-16)[/url][/b]
[i]Team of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]     - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
                               - Francesco Di Tacchio ([b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2014-15[/url][/b], [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/685/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2015-16[/url][/b])
[i]Capocannoniere Serie B[/i]    	- [url="http://imageshack.us/f/255/topscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie B[/i]        - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/707/teamoftheyearh.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2019-20)[/url]
                               - [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/713/teamoftheyearn.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2020-21)[/url][/b]

Club Achievements

[i]Highest League Placing[/i]         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/845/leaguetableq.jpg/"]2nd Serie B (2021-22)[/url]
[i]Most League Apperances[/i]         - Frederico Laurito 340 (2021-22)
[i]Most League Goals[/i]              - Frederico Laurito 217 (2021-22)
[i]Highest Transfer Fee Paid[/i]      - Luca Petrucci, ACF Fiorentina Co-Ownership, £1,300,000 (2021)
[i]Highest Sammarinese Transfer[/i]   - Luigi Bertolini, Pisa Co-Ownership, £90k (2016)
[i]Highest Attendance[/i] 	       - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/338/attendance.jpg/"]5,378 (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Highest Gate Receipts[/i] 	       - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/19/gatesve.jpg/"]£100, 000 (2020-21)[/url]
[i]Fastest goal[/i] 	               - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/10/quickestgoal.jpg/"]14 seconds, Frederico Laurito (2016-17)[/url]
[i]Biggest Win[/i] 	               - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/201/biggestwin65.jpg/"]6-5 v Alto Adige (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Most Goals in Serie B Record[/i]   - 107 (2020-21)

100+ Appearances for San Marino Since 2012

| Name                 | Pos  | Apps |
|----------------------|------|------|
| Frederico Laurito*   | ST   | 365  |
| Francesco Di Tacchio*| MC   | 330  |
| Alessandro Grilli*   | GK   | 250  |
| Dejan Danza*         | MC   | 245  |
| Alessio Luciani      | DCLR | 221  |
| Luigi Bertolini*     | DC   | 229  |
| Erik Cabalceta*      | CB   | 213  |
| Luca Petrucci*       | MC   | 209  |
| Vittorio Micolucci   | DLC  | 145  |
| Emanuele Allegra     | RB   | 144  |
| Edoardo Pozzi*       | MCL  | 176  |
| Marco Bianchi*       | DRLC | 159  |
| Givestin N'Suki*     | ST   | 152  |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 145  |
| Giacomo Tedesco*     | DRC  | 139  |
| Giovanni Caruso*     | MC   | 137  |
| Matteo Paro          | DMC  | 134  |
| Pol Garcia           | DC   | 133  |
| Gabriele Pacciardi   | DMC  | 130  |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  |
| Leandro*             | ST   | 124  |
| Carlo Pelagatti      | DRC  | 123  |
| Francesco Lunardini  | DMC  | 118  |
| Francesco Signori    | DCM  | 117  |
| Mattia Minesso*      | AMC  | 112  |
| Mattia Maggio        | ST   | 105  |

*In the current squad

Fans Player of the Year Awards

|Name                  |Year               |Total
|----------------------|-------------------|------|
| Francesco Di Tacchio | 2015-18, 2019/20  | 4    |
| Jose Borges          | 2021/22           | 1    |
| Eric Cabalceta       | 2018/19           | 1    |
| Dejan Danza          | 2020/21           | 1    |
| Vittorio Ferrero     | 2013/14           | 1    |
| Federico Laurito     | 2014/15           | 1    |
| Davide Poletti       | 2012/13           | 1    |

Overall Best XI

There is currently one Sammarinese player in the Overall Best XI

Some further good news:

Transfers - I have outbid the Co-ownership contracts ending this season and kept the likes of Petrucci and Pozzi. Still have some ending at the end of this season that I will also look to retain

Facilities - The Training Facilities upgrade is going ahead as planned over the next 6 months, and a second upgrade for Youth Facilities is going ahead with the £5m TV revenue funding the £4m building that will take place over the next 4 months.

Funding - After initially being rejected by the board, I have helped push through advancing our youth recruitment to an average level, to go along with our increased junior coaching budget which is now at a good level.

This pre-season has really put us in good stead, with the only rejected bid being to improve the stadium, which is still at a lowly 5500 seats. We are due to have some of the lowest turn outs in Serie A, which wont help the team much at home games.

The hope for this season is to get some better youth players through with the upgraded system and facilities and hopefully give them some national team experience. Survival will also be a key goal this season to help maintain high profits and larger crowd numbers which will in turn boost our chances of increasing facilities and the stadium over the next few years.

Season Goals

* Stay a float and avoid relegation

* Produce at least one quality youth for the national team

* Sign players to be competitive in Serie A, keeping wage bill below £70,000-£80,000 (Currently £61,000 though we have £112,000 for the budget)

Future Goals

* Push for lower to mid table after 4-5 seasons

* Improve facilities to be on par with Serie A standards

* Sign new core players to replace current ageing core.

* Get the stadium upgraded

Going into my 6th season with San marino but having a slight problem in pre-season there doesnt seem to be any youth players brought into the team at all. Is there any staff responsibilities I should be looking out for never really had this problem when playing english leagues.

Thanks

Going into my 6th season with San marino but having a slight problem in pre-season there doesnt seem to be any youth players brought into the team at all. Is there any staff responsibilities I should be looking out for never really had this problem when playing english leagues.

Thanks

You will find youth players are brought in on trials midway through the year and you may have it set for yourself instead of the under 19s manager or assistant to decide if they get youth contracts or not. This would mean that no youths are signed to contracts as you are no offering them.

I find though, even when you leave it to other staff as their responsibility, they either don't tie down the right players, or they are given short contracts that expire and they leave within a year or 2 without you even knowing. Its best to scour the youth prospects yourself, though not many decent youths have come through for me since Bertolini.

Esposito takes charge at San Marino

San Marino have hired Robi Esposito as their new manager.

The twenty-eight year old is reportedly delighted to be given the opportunity to hone his management skills at Olimpico and the Titani supporters will certainly be hoping that Esposito can take their team to new heights.

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u546/robi_84/sm1_zps1c8c9d9d.jpg

Only taken charge of club side. Hoping to earn opportunity to manage NT.

Nice work FGreve! Good to see another person in the mix of the Serie B. It is a tough battle, but you have some quality players who will hopefully help you maintain and then push on.

Any luck keeping some of the loanees to permanent deals?

Well Thank you. And serie b has certainly proved to be a very though challenge!

And no unfortunately i didn't have any luck keeping some of the loanees on permanent deals.. The financial situation made it differcult to sign proper players.. :/

To any seasoned Sammarinese veterans, is it possible to get a Sammarinese feeder club to send youngsters to, to get Sammarinese 2nd nationality?

Slightly disappointed that players for San Marino club gain italian rather than SM nationality.

Cheers, hopefully I can stick with it a few seasons. How do you export data like you have? (Your squad list etc)

Will report back with my end of season performsnce review!

I get the squad export within the game by going to the squad page, then selecting option > Print screen > Text format.

The others (eg 100+ apperances and awards) I make myself.

2015/16

and Serie B proved to be too much of a challenge, and after 40 matches San Marino was relegated... :/

despite being relegated, the board offered me a 2-year-extension. So in the summer transfer window, i got some cleaning up to do in the squad, and then hopefully i will see a quick return to serie B.

Bad luck! Serie B can be a big sep up, but hopefully the experience will help you get up again next season.

To any seasoned Sammarinese veterans, is it possible to get a Sammarinese feeder club to send youngsters to, to get Sammarinese 2nd nationality?

Slightly disappointed that players for San Marino club gain italian rather than SM nationality.

You should start off with some Sammarinese feeder clubs, and I do loan players here, however I have not noticed any of them having the ability to gain the nationality.

So starting my 5th season now and thought this was my only shot I was going to get at promotion due to an aging squad and lack of funds I hoped to sneak a play off place and try to get up from there. However...

I FINISHED 2!!!

"San Marino board praise 'unbelievable' promotion!"

I will post my team later on if i can get my screenshots working! As for the national job I have been getting humped right, left and centre. However got a couple of promosing youngsters and drawn in the World cup Qualifiers with Azerbaijan who are ranked 190th, so hope to finish above them.

International 2022

After a couple of bad seasons on the International scene, I decided it was time to change the plan around and start hosting friendlies we could be competative in, even if this meant challenging lesser opposition. This seamed to pay dividends as we made a move up the rankings for the first time in 3 years. We started with narrow 1-0 win over Guam, with Cogoni scoring the first of his 3 goals for the calendar year, but had no games until the Solomon Islands mid year. We held out to win 2-1 in a fairly even game which was followed 2 months later with a trip to the Maldives. Another 1-0 win and we felt confident coming in to our toughest game of the year agains Vietnam. Unfortunatley, despite playing decent, we lost 2-1 for our first loss of the calendar year. The loss hit us harder than I would of liked as we could not find the winner against a weaker Bhutan side who held out for a 1-1 draw.

We had our first competative match of the year against Ukraine, which showed that we are still nowhere near competing against the larger sides as we got a hiding, 4-0. Our choice to verse teams more in our region paid off though as we managed a reputable 1-1 draw with Cyprus in our second European Championship qualifier. This was then followed by our best win of the calendar year, a 3-0 thumping of Liberia, which saw Bertolini break his international duck, and Righi hit a double to get back on the score sheet since his hattrick a few seasons ago.

Righi has had a lot of injuires since breaking in to the national team, so despite the 6 goals, which is the second highest total in Sammarinese history, he has only played in 4 games over the past 3 seasons. He starred in 6 this calendar year to reach 11 caps for San Marino.

Our international ranking has risen, which is fantastic after our last 3 seasons, dropping from 114th to 175th. We had a huge rise, as at our lowest of 180, we strung together a couple of wins to move up to 163, and following good performances against Cyprus, Vietnam and Liberia, we rocketed to our current standing of 131st. With the facilities at Club level now being the best they have ever been (at average for our level of play) we are in the best position to generate decent enough players to come in to the team and help push on over the next 3-4 seasons. The most crucial aspect however, will be whether or not the club side can avoid relegation as this is also the key to the national team's future.

2022 Best XI

Fixtures

International Rankings

2012 – 209
2013 – 208
2014 – 209 
2015 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/826/ranking171.jpg/"]171[/url][/b]
2016 – 190
2017 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/855/163rd.jpg/"]163[/url][/b]
2018 – 180
2019 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/15/rank114.jpg/"]114[/url][/b]
2020 – 145
2021 – 175
2022 - 131

Overall Best XI

There are currently three San Marino Club players in the National team's overall best XI

International Awards & Achievements

[i]Most Caps[/i]  - Andy Selva             (74)
          - Damiano Vannucci       (67)
          - Maicol Berretti        (61)
          - Luigi Bertolini        (58)
          - Matteo Vitaioli        (56)
          - Cristian Bernardi      (55)
          - Manuel Marani          (55)
          - Aldo Junior Simoncini  (54)
          - Michele Cervellini     (53)

[i]Most Goals[/i] - Andy Selva             (10)
          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/547/righi.jpg/"]Mattia Righi[/url]            (6)
          - Matteo Vitaioli         (4)
          - [url="http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2515/25caps3goals.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge[/url]       (3)
          - Dimitri Cogoni          (3)
          - Mattia Stefanelli       (3)
          - Roberto Angelico        (2)

[i]Most Goals in a match[/i]   - Mattia Righi       (3)

[i]Most Assists in a match[/i] - Tiziano Colantonio (3)

Buongiornno!

Count me in. I played my own version of this sort of thing last year in Luxembourg. Trying to get Luxembourg up the rankings with Schifflange. I won the Champions League a few times (if memory serves correctly) but I never made great progress with the National Team.

Am I right in saying that you can't get San Marinese second nationality through residence? That'll suck, guess I'll be reliant on youth pulls in the longer term. First, let's get to Serie A...

My profile

PS: I really struggle to find motivation to update my forum posts in this sort of challenge. Hopefully I'll be better this year. Every day I log in and see Leonavich has posted in this thread, so I'm relying on you to drag me along with you ;)

PPS: I've just started reading Inverting the Pyramid, so I may settle on an abstract formation for a giggle. Bring the 2-3-5 back to life?

Right, let's roll.

Buongiornno!

Count me in. I played my own version of this sort of thing last year in Luxembourg. Trying to get Luxembourg up the rankings with Schifflange. I won the Champions League a few times (if memory serves correctly) but I never made great progress with the National Team.

Am I right in saying that you can't get San Marinese second nationality through residence? That'll suck, guess I'll be reliant on youth pulls in the longer term. First, let's get to Serie A...

My profile

PS: I really struggle to find motivation to update my forum posts in this sort of challenge. Hopefully I'll be better this year. Every day I log in and see Leonavich has posted in this thread, so I'm relying on you to drag me along with you ;)

PPS: I've just started reading Inverting the Pyramid, so I may settle on an abstract formation for a giggle. Bring the 2-3-5 back to life?

Right, let's roll.

Benvenuto! Benvenuto a tutti!

I quite sure you can't get Sammarinese nationality through residency, however I have not specifically tried. In saying that, I currently have a Cameroonian player who is getting an Italian nationality option[/b] while he is out at one of my feeder clubs, however he was not gaining Sammarinese nationality with me. I am in the attempt of securing a new partnership with Tre Fei from the Sammarinese league as my other Sammarinese affiliate is not actually one I can loan to as an affiliated club (thought I thought I could as I have loaned to them before). Will be sure to re-attempt and let you all know.

I try to update as often as I can! It is the first challenge or story that I have attempted online as I always felt I would not be able to sustain it for as long as what a lot of other people do. But the stories/updates are actually fun to write and motivate you to get through a season as quick and as best you can. Though, I still prefer reading other people's who do a much better and more detailed job than me :)

No this is me in Serie A! Going to struggle big time, got a transfer budget of £1.97m and a wage budget of 86k p/w. If I survive the drop I'd be amazed.

Oh sorry, I must of overlooked one of the updates! That looks like not much to work with. My budget in Serie A is currently just over £5m with a wage budget of around £110k p/w but I took 10 years (4 in Serie C and 6 in Serie B) to make the step up so had more time to settle my finances.

If you manage to stay up, watch your budgets increase quickly as you get a ton of money in to the club. In fact, I am half way though my first season in Serie A bu have already had enough money to to upgrade facilities 3 times in total and another huge surprise awaits in my mini update coming up soon as to what else we have done with our new found fortune.

I do not normally do mid season club updates, but being in the Serie A this year and having some huge news, I thought why not break the rule!

Club 2022-23

Key Transfers

Jose Manual Mendoza (Newell's) ST - Loan

Signed on loan with a lot of potential, however struggled to break ahead of the other strikers. His large £1,500 wage budget for a bit part player was too expensive to retain, and with Ruud Nieuwenhuis signing a permanent deal, his loan was terminated to keep our wage budget as low as possible.

League Stats

2(4) at 6.73

Italian Cup

1 with 1 goal at 7.40

Mauricio Ciminari (Newell's) DM/CM - Loan

Signed to provide competition to Borges in the anchor role as well as provide support in the central roles. has so far Featured highly.

Erwan Mace (Stade Rennais FC) LB - Loan

Providing extra coverage in the backline, but a lot of competition so will need to stand out to feature.

Luis Solari (River Plate) LB - Loan

Providing extra coverage in the backline, but a lot of competition so will need to stand out to feature.

Mychavier Rosina (AZ) ST - Loan

Signed to add depth to the frontline. A lot of signings brought in, and was not able to retain a place after the winter window. His loan was terminated after playing 3 games for the club.

League Stats

1(1) at 6.60

Italian Cup

1 at 6.90

Ruud Nieuwenhuis (AZ) ST - Loan

Main signing to bolster the frontline should N'Suki, Laurito or Leandro struggle with the step up to Serie A. Would be the first to get his chance out of the new loanee strikers and did so well with 7 goal in 8 games by January. Was signed to a permanent deal in the winter transfer window for a record £4m but all additional clauses were stripped, meaning any future sale will see all profits stay with San Marino. Was also happy to sign for a low £3,700 per week to keep our wage budget manageable.

Ronald Goosen (AZ) ST - Loan

Secondary signing to add depth to the frontline. struggled to break the partnership of N'Suki and Laurito early, but through some good form now has a rotational partnership with Ruud Nieuwenhuis upfront.

Nico Bochini (Lanus) CM/AM - Load

Brought in to cover the ageing Di Tacchio and bolster the middle for any players that struggle with the step up. Turning out to be a key member of the engine room and may have a permanent contract offered to him come the end of the season if it can be negotiated reasonably.

Braian Ferretti (Velez) MLC/ALM/ST - £250k

Signed by Poletti, the U20's Manager. He looks like he may have potential to feature in a year or two as a reserve if he can get some experience. Currently out on loan a Rimini

Alessio Luciani (Viareggio) DRLC - Free

Signed mainly for his backroom attributes, Luciani takes up the role of player/manager until his contract runs out, at which point he will move full time in to Reserve Manager role. Currently doing enough to get some game time as he can play anywhere across the back and shows that jump from Serie C1/A to Serie A is easier as you get older. He is currently 33 years of age.

There were a few other signings who where part of the U20's setup by Davide Poletti but do not feature in my immediate plans

Current Season Highlights

Without giving away too much of how the season is going, below is a current run down of key components throughout the season to date. I am well aware there are some screenshots that may give away our current standing, but remember it is only January so there is still a long way to go in the season.

- To begin the year and show how far my reputation has come as a manager, I was offered a contract by my childhood favourite club, Fiorentina. As excited as I was by the offer, I could not accept it due to what I like to call "Challenging commitments". Their board didn't seem to understand and I have not had any further approaches from Fiorentina or any other teams since.

- Another step forward but a big surprise was our season ticket holders soaring to "sold out" status. We sold 4455 tickets, which is almost 4000 tickets more than we sold the previous year, 536. Not only did we sell out of all our ticket holder tickets, we managed to also sell out the stadium early in the season, having 5,500 fans cheering us on verse Napoli. A game we went on to lose 4-3 but a tremendous effort at home by the team.

- We continue to add great experience to the backroom staff at both club and international level, with Sir Iker Casillas being brought in to help with either Tactics or shot stopping. Other experience players brought in to the staff include Oscar Ustari to help Flavio Roma with the Goalkeepers, Oscar Cardozo to help with attacking and ball control, and Alessio Luciani was brought back to the club as a player / manager after 3 years away. At the age of 33, he is still doing well for us as he is able to cover anywhere in the backline and also takes up the role of the Reserves Manager.

- We have managed to get our training facilities upgraded again, so this will soon hopefully put us above average and on to "good" for the Serie A level of facilities.

- Our biggest news at this point in the year, is that we are showing real intentions of staying a float by having the board agree to take out a £28.05m loan to finance a new 21, 760 seater stadium. Helping to finance is a £13.02m sponsorship deal once the stadium is completed, which is scheduled to be on June 30th 2024.

Made a small amount of progress yesterday, crikey we have a lot of players! I've not managed to sell anyone, but have at least kicked some out to work at San Marino McDonalds.

We have 2 points from 6 games, but gained our first win of the season in the Italian Cup. Albinoleffe being deducted 10 points may turn out to be a God-send...

Finances are going to be a nightmare. I'm still below my wage budget, but we're haemorrhaging cash. This may, quite literally, be Serie B or bust.

2016-17

Sails were set for a quick return to Serie B after winning the first 6 matches of the season, including a 8-0 slaughter of promoted Alessandria.. The team was unbeaten right until the 27th round, but the defeat didn't matter position-wise as i finished 1st 18 points ahead number 2.

I also won Serie-C super cup and the manager of year award

I also had some quite interesting youngsters coming up the ranks: Matteo Arzilli and Franco Conti. Together with Lupi, Conti was a part of a very dangerous teenage-duo, scoring a combined number of 47 goals in the league!(Conti 24, Lupi 23)

In Pre-season i think i probably broke the Serie-C transfer record, selling Defensive-superstar Biondi (who had one year left of his contract) to Serie A side Crotone for 20,000,000 DKK (2,500,00 Euros). Helping secure the economy the entire season.. ^^'

And while we are name-dropping signed staff.. i signed Pires and Dida in the 15-16 season ^^

Domestic

So first season finished in serie A and I, somehow, managed to finish 14th. Albeit only 2 points above the relegation zone but I'll take it!

I was constantly making a profit of around 400k each month as I was selling out the stadium each week so after seeing what you managed Leonavich I went with my best puppy dog eyes to my board and asked for a new stadium. They granted my wish and in a years time I shall be playing at a 18,000 seater stadium. Less seats than Leonavichs and Its costing me 26m! But I will be grateful for the extra fans.

Hopefully I can get a decent transfer budget as squad could do with a clear out as I am sitting about 12k p/w over wage budget but a bit of wheeling and dealing and hopefully i can get a couple of decent signings and push on to greater things next season.

International

So I wasnt expecting great things from this season as I had Spain in my World Cup Qualifiers but 2 games against a 190th ranked Azerbaijan I hoped to not finish bottom of the group. However losses against Cape Verde Islands and Palestine left me reeling. Coming up to the next round of games now I will let you know how I get on.

Brizza - Serie C is the toughest competition to be in in terms of cash. as long as you can keep the red to around £500k the board usually hops in to help with some injections. It actually gets tougher to maintain black in Serie B (I ended almost all of my 6 seasons at £1m+ in the red), however the TV rights really help out in getting out of debt by the post/pre season months. Hang in there, I think you will do well within the next few seasons.

FGreve - Monster season. It looks like your youth program is working wonders that none other has been able to achieve yet. Conti looks to be an absolute beast, and the fact you will be giving him game time shows that at the age of 19, he has a lot of room to grow. I think he can definitely be a Serie A potential player. Sign the right backroom staff to help develop those talents you have.

Frasersophie - Congratulations in staying up! The profits are truly massive if you can keep to a decent wage budget. I think you will also find that some games play quite oddly in Serie A, in that you pick up some points in the darnedest of games. Did you find this also? Lets hope you get some good results with the national team to help boost that profile as well.

FGreve - Monster season. It looks like your youth program is working wonders that none other has been able to achieve yet. Conti looks to be an absolute beast, and the fact you will be giving him game time shows that at the age of 19, he has a lot of room to grow. I think he can definitely be a Serie A potential player. Sign the right backroom staff to help develop those talents you have.

Well thank you, very flattering i must say.

Conti is from another planet. Unfortunately for San Marino he has italian citizenship..

He was loaned out in the 2015-16 season, without much succes (17 games/5 goals if i remember right), and also started the season on the bench. He was given the chance in some cup games, and when Coda became injured he didn't look back. He has the potential to become a leading serie a striker according to my coach reports.

And thanks for the advice, i have brought in some staff to the new season.

btw your current season highlights seems promising!

San Marino

Season 1 Roundup (2012/13)

Table

Table v2

Transfers

Team of the year

So, we did it! Just...

This was my least successful season in any iteration of Football Manager. Had Albinoleffe not been in bed with the Singaporean mafia and had 10 points deducted, I'd have been relegated. As it was, we scraped into a playoff and nearly blew that too. 4-1 up at half time in the first leg, we finished 4-3, but then went to Cuneo and ran out comfortable(ish) winners.

I bought too many players and overspent, although I was underbudget throughout. I'm killed a lot of my squad and I've terminated all the loans I can. I'm hoping to get rid of all the co-owned players too and keep a small squad of players that I actually want. We're supposedly one of the better squads in the league, but I've shown precious little sign of that in my stewardship.

We had a season of weird runs. I won 3 out of 4 games a couple of times, but also had 10 matches without a win around Christmas. Consistency is difficult to come by when I'm changing over the whole club.

I'm pretty confident about next season, we were better in the 2nd half of the season. A couple of new signings and we'll be around midtable, I hope. Just can't bear the thought of another season like last year!

Youth watch

I had Benedittini through, who I think is excellent and will be part of the squad next season (Good Serie B midfielder potential).

I also had Gualandi through, who neither myself nor my coaches fancy (Serie C potential), but was called up to become the youngest ever San Marinese international. So I'll keep an eye on that.

International watch

I've not really paid attention here. 2013 saw every match lost and zero goals scored. But, clicking back to 2012... imagine my surprise to see this! The other games were less successful, although at least two goals were scored both by Mattia Stefanelli.

New season update

I've managed to keep all of my wage budget, which is a relief.

My sponsorship deals have dropped fractionally.

My fans' player of the year has left for nothing to Atalanta as I didn't renew my half of his contract.

All of my staff just left because they're out of contract - admittedly, they were bobbins anyway.

Right, time to sign a new backroom!

Arrivaderci!

Club 2022-23

Season Review

Looking at the squad, I knew it would be difficult to say up. We had an ageing core, and our star striker and play maker were losing their sparkle in a lower division so would struggle with the step up in Serie A. Some new signings were brought in, mainly on loan to try and support those kept from the previous season. Nieuwenhuis being the most impressive, commanding a starting role up front after just a few months with the team.

The season did not kick off as I would have expected, with us beating Lazio in the italian Cup Qualifying 3rd Round 2-1, followed by winning out opening 2 games in the Serie A. Also 2-1 wins over both fellow promotioners Sorrento and Serie A stallwarts Palermo. We sold out the stadium in our second home game against Napoli, 5,500 fans packed for a good showing, which we ultimately lost 4-3, before getting back on track with a 2-0 win over Catania. We lost to front runners Inter and Roma before demolishing Parma 5-2 but then hit a poor run of form, losing 8 out of 10 league games and only picking up 4 points heading in to the new year. We did manage a 2-0 win in the Italian Cup over Como to enter the First round proper, where we once again lost narrowly to Napoli, 1-0. We hit good form for the new year with 4 wins in a row including 3 clean sheets, but our run was cut down, losing once again to Napoli for the third time this season. Our form became erratic with 3 draws, 3 wins and 3 losses over February to March, but by then we had already cemented our position in the League next year and were fighting for our final placing in the middle to lower half of the table. We dropped a few points that we should of won, such as the 4-4 over Cesena and the 3-2 loss to Como, however we picked up good results too, beating Udinese 3-0 and Juventus 3-1. The final game of the season was a 2-1 win over Pro Vercelli which saw us finish in 11th place. A very respectable position considering my concerns during the pre season, so it gives us a lot to aim for next year.

In what was a good first season in the Serie A, we did not really have anyone excel beyond what we have seen in previous seasons. However, we certainly had a key player in Nieuwenhuis who top scored for the season with a total of 16 goals, 9 of which came after signing on permanently from the loan deal. He also ended with an equal second 7 assists for the season to show that he could really be the player to lead from the front once N'Suki moves on, and now that Laurito has been eased of the "star power" burden. Speaking of N'Suki, he was next on the striking list with 12 goals and topped the assists charts with 8. This was all the more impressive as he lost his starting spot for part of the season to Goosen who managed 7 goals himself, but N'Suki one it back by the season's end.

In the middle Petrucci was able to hit 7 goals himself to prove a fantastic asset, but it was Legend, stalwart and Captain Di Tacchio who, after a slow start, helped dictate proceedings notching 6 assists. The key to the engine room it has to be said, was José Borges. Not only did he earn his first international cap, but he was the rock controlling things from the defensive midfielder role and rightly earned his Fans Player of the Year Award for the second time running. This also earned him the induction in to the San Marino Overall XI as a substitute.

The back line had some unheralded stars this season too, with Bianchi being the stand out, topping the appearances with 41 for the season, 40 being starts. He also managed a massive 7 assists from mainly out on the right of defence, equalling the second highest tally for the team. Left back was safe with Girolamo who played excellently, and was moved to the centre midway through the season as the left had decent cover in Solari and Mace, but Cabalceta and Bertolini had fairly shaky seasons surprisingly, in the middle of the defence.

Special mention will also go to Bernardi, our backup keeper who has never been given the chance to shine. In all his time at the club, he had just one start (since the Serie C) but has done enough to merit being second string despite the opportunities and level at which he has had previous experience. This season, Grilli endured a few niggling injuries that kept him out for 7 games, calling Bernardi to have his first taste of football at San Marino since his one run on 5 seasons ago in Serie B, where he conceded 3. He performed so admirably, that he kept the starting keeper out for another 2 games to reach 10 appearances for the club since coming through the youth ranks in my first season (2012-13). It was this final game that cost him the gloves as he conceded 3 to Como, however he was the keeper in the spectacular win over Juventus and made some great saves to bring the 3 points home.

Next season will require some enhancements in the back and middle, but the strikers I am quite happy with for one more season, at which point I will need a replacement for the ageing N'Suki and Laurito. A few of the expensive and dead wood players are looking to be shipped such as Leandro and Barbetti, but with another season on their contract, it may be unlikely.

What was also not a very good sign, after all the enhancements to he facilities, this was what came out of our youth for this season.

League Table

Squad

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                 | Apps    | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| GK   | Hol  | Alessandro Grilli    | 32      | 0    | 1    | 0    | 77%  | 0.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.95   | 
| DR   | Hol  | Marco Bianchi        | 40 (1)  | 1    | 7    | 2    | 65%  | 5.64 | 1.68 | 35%  | 3    | 0    | 7.03   | 
| DCR  | Hol  | Luigi Bertolini      | 38      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 76%  | 1.89 | 0.24 | -    | 4    | 0    | 6.76   | 
| DCL  | Hol  | Nicola Girolamo      | 33 (4)  | 2    | 5    | 4    | 65%  | 4.83 | 0.89 | 44%  | 1    | 0    | 7.30   | 
| DL   | Hol  | Luís Solari          | 13 (1)  | 0    | 2    | 0    | 77%  | 5.15 | 0.54 | 0%   | 1    | 0    | 6.87   | 
| DMC  | Hol  | José Borges          | 33 (2)  | 3    | 1    | 1    | 82%  | 6.75 | 0.68 | 52%  | 13   | 3    | 7.41   | 
| MCR  | Hol  | Luca Petrucci        | 21 (5)  | 7    | 2    | 0    | 82%  | 4.55 | 1.12 | 40%  | 5    | 0    | 7.18   | 
| MC   | Hol  | Francesco Di Tacchio | 22 (14) | 2    | 6    | 1    | 79%  | 3.85 | 0.95 | 29%  | 5    | 0    | 7.08   | 
| MCL  | Hol  | Mauricio Ciminari    | 35      | 3    | 2    | 0    | 78%  | 3.82 | 1.17 | 40%  | 7    | 0    | 6.99   | 
| STCR | Hol  | Givestin N'Suki      | 21 (11) | 12   | 8    | 3    | 79%  | 1.37 | 1.55 | 46%  | 5    | 0    | 7.17   | 
| STCL | Hol  | Ruud Nieuwenhuis     | 23 (2)  | 16   | 7    | 4    | 77%  | 1.05 | 1.65 | 42%  | 1    | 0    | 7.34   | 
| S1   | Hol  | Cristian Bernardi    | 9       | 0    | 0    | 0    | 74%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.90   | 
| S2   | Hol  | Ronald Goosen        | 21 (9)  | 7    | 2    | 2    | 74%  | 1.72 | 1.21 | 51%  | 2    | 0    | 7.16   | 
| S3   | Hol  | Dejan Danza          | 11 (10) | 0    | 2    | 0    | 80%  | 3.76 | 1.23 | 42%  | 2    | 0    | 6.88   | 
| S4   | Hol  | Denis Bellotto       | 7 (7)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 82%  | 2.97 | 1.04 | 43%  | 0    | 0    | 6.87   | 
| S5   |      | Erick Cabalceta      | 28      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 77%  | 2.55 | 0.26 | 0%   | 7    | 0    | 6.70   | 
| S6   | Hol  | Federico Laurito     | 11 (7)  | 4    | 0    | 0    | 80%  | 0.81 | 1.72 | 30%  | 4    | 0    | 6.78   | 
| S7   | Inj  | Giovanni Caruso      | 0 (5)   | 1    | 0    | 0    | 70%  | 0.00 | 0.00 | 67%  | 0    | 0    | 6.97   | 
| S8   | Hol  | Guido Barbetti       | 1 (1)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 80%  | 0.00 | -    | 0%   | 0    | 0    | 6.75   | 
| S9   | Hol  | Edoardo Pozzi        | 17 (9)  | 0    | 4    | 1    | 80%  | 3.88 | 1.16 | 29%  | 4    | 0    | 7.03   | 
| S10  | Hol  | Giacomo Tedesco      | 6 (10)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 73%  | 5.79 | 1.75 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.83   | 
| S11  | Hol  | Erwan Mace           | 2 (3)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 67%  | 9.13 | 0.65 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.70   | 
| S12  | Hol  | Nico Bochini         | 15 (10) | 1    | 1    | 0    | 80%  | 3.12 | 1.17 | 39%  | 4    | 0    | 6.79   | 
| -    | Hol  | Alessio Luciani      | 25 (4)  | 0    | 0    | 2    | 76%  | 4.70 | 0.18 | 33%  | 7    | 0    | 6.82   | 
| -    | Hol  | Mattia Censoni       | -       | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 
| -    | Hol  | Leandro              | 0 (5)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 73%  | 0.00 | 0.00 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.70   | 
| -    | Hol  | Giacomo Urbinati     | -       | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 

Player Awards

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i] 	- [url="http://imageshack.us/f/5/topgoalscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
[i]Player of the Season Serie C1/A[/i]	- [url="http://imageshack.us/f/819/playeroftheseason.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
                               - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/7/playeroftheyearm.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2015-16)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]     - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
                               - Francesco Di Tacchio ([b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2014-15[/url][/b], [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/685/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2015-16[/url][/b])
[i]Capocannoniere Serie B[/i]    	- [url="http://imageshack.us/f/255/topscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie B[/i]        - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/707/teamoftheyearh.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2019-20)[/url]
                               - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/713/teamoftheyearn.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2020-21)[/url]

Club Achievements

[i]Highest League Placing[/i]         - [url="http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6117/highb.jpg"]11th Serie A (2022-23)[/url]
[i]Most Club Appearances[/i]          - Frederico Laurito 383 (2022-23)
[i]Most Club Goals[/i]                - Frederico Laurito 234 (2022-23)
[i]Highest Transfer Fee Paid[/i]      - Luca Petrucci, ACF Fiorentina Co-Ownership, £1,300,000 (2021)
[i]Highest Sammarinese Transfer[/i]   - Luigi Bertolini, Pisa Co-Ownership, £90k (2016)
[i]Highest Attendance[/i] 	       - [url="http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5659/attendancel.jpg"]5,500 (2022-23)[/url]
[i]Highest Gate Receipts[/i] 	       - £157, 000 (2022-23)
[i]Fastest goal[/i] 	               - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/10/quickestgoal.jpg/"]14 seconds, Frederico Laurito (2016-17)[/url]
[i]Biggest Win[/i] 	               - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/201/biggestwin65.jpg/"]6-5 v Alto Adige (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Consecutive Wins[/i]               - [url="http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8365/consecutivewins.jpg"]6 (2022-23)[/url]
[i]Most Goals in Serie B Record[/i]   - 107 (2020-21)

100+ Appearances for San Marino Since 2012

| Name                 | Pos  | Apps |
| Frederico Laurito*   | ST   | 383  |
| Francesco Di Tacchio*| MC   | 366  |
| Alessandro Grilli*   | GK   | 282  |
| Luigi Bertolini*     | DC   | 267  |
| Dejan Danza*         | MC   | 266  |
| Alessio Luciani*     | DCLR | 250  |
| Erik Cabalceta*      | CB   | 241  |
| Luca Petrucci*       | MC   | 235  |
| Edoardo Pozzi*       | MCL  | 202  |
| Marco Bianchi*       | DRLC | 200  |
| Givestin N'Suki*     | ST   | 184  |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 180  |
| Giacomo Tedesco*     | DRC  | 155  |
| Vittorio Micolucci   | DLC  | 145  |
| Emanuele Allegra     | RB   | 144  |
| Giovanni Caruso*     | MC   | 142  |
| Matteo Paro          | DMC  | 134  |
| Pol Garcia           | DC   | 133  |
| Gabriele Pacciardi   | DMC  | 130  |
| Leandro*             | ST   | 129  |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  |
| Carlo Pelagatti      | DRC  | 123  |
| Francesco Lunardini  | DMC  | 118  |
| Francesco Signori    | DCM  | 117  |
| Mattia Minesso       | AMC  | 112  |
| Mattia Maggio        | ST   | 105  |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 100+

Fans Player of the Year awards

Name                   Year                Total
| Francesco Di Tacchio | 2015-18, 2019/20  | 4    |
| Jose Borges          | 2021-23           | 2    |
| Eric Cabalceta       | 2018/19           | 1    |
| Dejan Danza          | 2020/21           | 1    |
| Vittorio Ferrero     | 2013/14           | 1    |
| Federico Laurito     | 2014/15           | 1    |
| Davide Poletti       | 2012/13           | 1    |

Overall Best XI

Brizza - Wow! What a close call to end the season. You had luck on your side in some ways with the ending results and the points deduction, but I cant help but notice your First team formation selection of 3-4-3, with these positions being 3 defenders, 4 defensive midfielders and 3 attacking midfielders! Was this a true reflection of your formation, or did you use strikers and they gave you a funny end of year look based on the strongest performers?

Benedittini looks to be a decent youth prospect, so hopefully you can get the best out of him next season with a good run in the league. Looking forward to see how you progress next year! Hoping you get some more consistency and better luck in the league :)

Pre season 2023-24

Expectations

It seems our great start to life in the Serie A has led the board to quickly raise their expectations to a mid table position. I was not prepared for this and was hoping to select an option between battle relegation and a lower half position to give myself the time to build a squad without having to spend big so we could save money to continue to improve the facilities over the next 4-5 years. We have a £30m debt over the club due to the stadium, and whilst it will be subset after being built with sponsorship, the profits for the season based on low wages were going to help elviate the debt burden somewhat. Will not need to be tighter on the purse to control the wages.

Transfers

Won the co-ownership bid for Girolamo which is fantastic based on his past two seasons. Also signed a few players for a combined wage of £8,000 who can come straight into the first team (they will be outlined in the mid season review under transfers) and are due to arrive on July 1st on free transfers.

A few of the younger players signed for Serie B have been released and players no longer required in the first time such as Leandro have already been assigned new homes to lower the wages for the new recruits.

Facilities

The board agreed to enhance the youth facilities once the £25.37m TV revenue is injected in to the club so will be due to start in a few months time.

Funding

Our kit sponsorship raised substatially from £400k to £1.8m per annum, however despite this, my pleas for increase the Junior coaching budget were rejected.

The board also did not provide an option to increase our youth recruitment network.

We are currently in £30m debt due to the Stadium being erected this season, but the TV revenue of over £25m will help offset this somewhat this season, so we will still be expecting profits.

Previous Season Goals

* Stay a float and avoid relegation - ACHIEVED, over achieved really, hitting mid table and now having huge expectations put on our shoulders by the board for it

* Produce at least one quality youth for the national team - Abysmal as not one player was rated decently from our improved facilities, our worst youth produce ever

* Sign players to be competitive in Serie A, keeping wage bill below £70,000-£80,000 (Currently £61,000 though we have £112,000 for the budget) - ACHIEVED, to a point Nieuwenhuus and a few others were great signings, however our wage budget was increased mid year and we upped the bill from £72,000 mid year to £95,000 by seasons end. With wage hikes and end of year bonuses, it has elevated to £105,000

Season Goals

*Obtain a lower half finish. This is below board expectations, but I think is safer and more achieveable

*Produce atleast one quality youth player of Sammarinese nationality

*Release deadwood and lower the age of the squad

Previous Future Goals

* Push for lower to mid table after 4-5 seasons - ACHIEVED within 1 season and is now the board minimal expectation

* Improve facilities to be on par with Serie A standards - Progressive. Currently and average to good, this will be achieved within another season or two

* Sign new core players to replace current ageing core. - ACHIEVED, but will need to monitored in case player sales come in to play. Further players required also

* Get the stadium upgraded - Progressive as they stadium is currently being built. Will be completed by the end of the current season

Future Goals

* Improve facilities to be on par with Serie A standards

* Get the stadium upgraded

* sustain longterm mid table positioning

* Increase youth recruitment network to enhance player potential for youth contracts

* Make it past the first round proper of the Italian Cup within the next few seasons

Archived