Sports Interactive Community
Mike~

FM2013: Premier League table 6 months in

Here's the Premier League table on Jan 2nd 2013 on my FM 2013 beta game (I am an unattached manager on holiday):

RL1it.png

Not good reading for Liverpool fans! However, this is with fake players, but still.

pretty much sums up the FM experience. i know the prem table is pretty boring in reality, mostly the same every year, but there has to be some realism in there. chelsea 15th? everton 17th? norwich 6th? arsenal top? far too many teams in places they could only have dreams/nightmares about.

its only half a season though, maybe it will even out by the end of the season. or liverpool will be in trouble.

edit: wait, fake players? does that even make your table relevant? I take back everything I said.

I don't think you can have "fake players", rather the real player name is substituted for another name. It's still the same player, stats, etc. just a different name.

Admittedly that does look a bit odd, but the game does throw up the odd crazy season. If you were to run full seasons over and over, on most occasions teams would end up about where they should be.

Its because fake players were used, i can only guess on paper a chelsea,arsenal,liverpool are weak.

someone try it with real players.

Forgive me if I missed something, but why were fake players used. Is it because it's the beta version. I can't check for myself because I want to wait for the official release.

Jeff

Here's the Premier League table on Jan 2nd 2013 on my FM 2013 beta game (I am an unattached manager on holiday):

RL1it.png

Not good reading for Liverpool fans! However, this is with fake players, but still.

why did you use fake players

I used fake (generated) players because this is my genuine game. I always use fake players and always go on holiday for one year so I get some decent match stats etc and to give entropy a chance!

Just to confirm, Liverpool got relegated, in 18th place, along with West Brom and Wigan. Man U won the league.

I'm running a game now on manager holiday with real players. I'll report back later.

Weird things can happen in any season, would need to see a bigger sample before we conclude there might be an issue.

What he said.

I used fake (generated) players because this is my genuine game. I always use fake players and always go on holiday for one year so I get some decent match stats etc and to give entropy a chance!

Just to confirm, Liverpool got relegated, in 18th place, along with West Brom and Wigan. Man U won the league.

I'm running a game now on manager holiday with real players. I'll report back later.

Why dont you just use the real players, retire and then let the game just run for 20 or so seasons then all of todays player are replaced with new ones.

Why dont you just use the real players, retire and then let the game just run for 20 or so seasons then all of todays player are replaced with new ones.

I would if I saw any extra benefit in that. Plus, it would take longer to save and load games.

pretty much sums up the FM experience. i know the prem table is pretty boring in reality, mostly the same every year, but there has to be some realism in there. chelsea 15th? everton 17th? norwich 6th? arsenal top? far too many teams in places they could only have dreams/nightmares about.

its only half a season though, maybe it will even out by the end of the season. or liverpool will be in trouble.

edit: wait, fake players? does that even make your table relevant? I take back everything I said.

Look at the current table

WBA 6th

Liverpool 14th

West Ham 8th

These things happen in the real world too

Real player season is over. Liverpool finished 8th. The top 5 was:

Man City

Chelsea

Spurs

Fulham

Man U

Will post a screenshot later.

Well it seems using real/fake players makes a difference, as that table is far more realistic than the original post....

Originall posted bytjt65:

Well it seems using real/fake players makes a difference, as that table is far more realistic than the original post....

Not necessarily, this is just one season you're basing your decision on. Although he played with fake players all the fake players should be of a similar level to the real if real players found in the real teams. Unless of course if there is a bug, which is always a potential issue as this is a beta.

But, just as an example... On one of my previous FM (I think FM11) Arsenal got relegated in about 2015. They were relegated with the following great players in their squad, Fabregas, Nasri, Sanga, Diaby, Clichy, RVP and Bentdner (Ok, I put Bentder in as a joke). Still I remember it well as I went on a mission to sign all those players for my recently promoted Blackburn side.

So wierd things can happen with the real players too!

P.s. No I don't have evidence as this game was saved on my old laptop.