FM13 Cut-Out Faces Megapack Thread

Mons

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anybody confirm this is the case on their game too?

Are you running the beta or the demo?

I'm running the demo and the packs workings fine, also my cousin was at my house last night and he downloaded the megapack for the beta game and there was no problem with his either.

Beta.

Its so weird as its completely perfect on the FMC but non-existent (along with logos/kits as well) in the actual game.

At the risk of sounding patronising, is this still the case when you restart FM13 and check the images on the actual game?

Can I have a screenshot of the same player (say, Wayne Rooney or Lionel Messi) in both versions of the game so I can find something out through it perhaps?

At the risk of sounding patronising, is this still the case when you restart FM13 and check the images on the actual game?

Can I have a screenshot of the same player (say, Wayne Rooney or Lionel Messi) in both versions of the game so I can find something out through it perhaps?

Im not sure what you mean in the first sentence. You mean re-start the computer once and see what happens?

Just FYI, I had created the folder "graphics" and put everything in there in the correct location. Im not sure if that could have anything to do with it cause Ive done this in every version + since the graphics load up on FMC but not the full version surely it cant be it.

Btw, the issue applies to faces/logos/kits. The whole lot.

I tried restarting obviously and that made no difference. Ill send you a screenshot which covers multiple aspects below. It encompasses all the graphics in one pic. Im dumbfounded. But I reckon it has to do with "reloading image data for skin" each time we switch over from FMC to actual game, could it be neglecting to load the graphics for the full game? I dont know really. I tried unticking load skin cache when I want to leave FMC in hope that same graphic are loaded in the actual game but once again it still occurs cause it "reloads image data for skin" nevertheless.

withpics.th.png

nopics.th.png

Babak G - are you sure that the main game is actually "pointed" at the correct folder structure? Check in preferences that it is still looking at "My Docs/SI/FM13" as sometimes that "link" goes wrong and the game doesn't know where to look for gfx, etc...

I'm thinking maybe FMC is pointed, but not the full version perhaps?

It's one of the few times in which I'm mystified. It's obviously not an issue with the graphics themselves, but it must be a problem with FM somehow. I've no idea why/what it is

Monsy,

Me again. Sorted the Facepack last year but having problems again this year :(

I downloaded and unzipped in the right place but when I play the Beta game im only getting the Face pics which are pre loaded. All others are blank. I am following all the instructions and not quite sure where im going wrong.

Any ideas.

Im using Mac 10.6.8

Still love you x

Hi guys,

Love your work. I seem to be getting an error, unsupported compression, with 7zip and extracting with win rat gives me a load of 0kb files? Any ideas? It's a pucks premium download from the sortitoutsi site, no apparent issues with metallic logos pack?

Thanks

Monsy,

Me again. Sorted the Facepack last year but having problems again this year :(

I downloaded and unzipped in the right place but when I play the Beta game im only getting the Face pics which are pre loaded. All others are blank. I am following all the instructions and not quite sure where im going wrong.

Any ideas.

Im using Mac 10.6.8

Still love you x

As mentioned earlier, you're probably best advised to post in the technical support thread on our forums, as the response time will be much quicker due to more people being on there :)

First of all, are you sure you followed all the instructions from here? Unticking skin cache and ticking the reloading skin on confirm in particular?

Secondly, what method did you use to get the whole megapack? What is the total zipped file size and how many images are contained therein? Do you have a file named config.xml in there?

Hi guys,

Love your work. I seem to be getting an error, unsupported compression, with 7zip and extracting with win rat gives me a load of 0kb files? Any ideas? It's a pucks premium download from the sortitoutsi site, no apparent issues with metallic logos pack?

Thanks

Similar to the above, what is the total zipped file size and how many images are contained therein? Seems to me like you got an incomplete or corrupted download, but that might not necessarily be the case.

RowRow78 made
on how to use the Resource Archiver. The version he's using is for the FM09 (or FM10, I forget) but the functions are broadly similar. Extract the images you want to replace.

In previous games, SI would name the files by the player's name, and not the UID as is our practice. You will then need to use fmXML to convert the filenames to UIDs. You would then replace the images in the MP folder with these new images.

Or you could save yourself the trouble and let us do it for you ;) Is there any particular team whose pics are considerably better than the MP's, so we can give them priority. As explained previously, that it is our policy that merely having the new kit does not necessarily mean that the image is an improvement. Although they have improved through the years, SI's images generally contain a lot of what we call snow, i.e. white pixels around the head. While these are not visible on the default skin, once a dark skin is released, they are very conspicuous and rather untidy. So unless the current image is poor or very old, we will not automatically add the new images.

I have extracted the player faces and now have those, just wondering whether I manually have to rename every photo or whether/how FM XML will do this for me?

RS links is down ?

Have a look at the announcement below from Rob, we are doing our best to solve the issue, but it was a little bit out of our hands.... :(

Just to let all users know that our Rapidshare account has been locked for an unknown reason. This means that many people will find that they are unable to get free mirrors for our files. We are currently trying to fix the problem however being late at night and a weekend it is hard to get anywhere with their support team so this may take until tomorrow or even Monday.

It's happened to us in the past and it's more likely being misinterpreted as cracks of the game.

The way its been explained to me in the past is that Sports Interactive hire a company to try and combat piracy for them. This company basically just uses automated bots (i.e. computers not humans) to find links such as "Football Manager 2013 Crack" that go to megaupload, rapidshare and the likes and then issue take down notices.

However their system is often over overenthusiastic and will find things like "Download Football Manager Facepack" see the words "Download Football Manager" and think "oh this is an illegal download of the game" and report it.

Then sites like Rapidshare can't be bothered to talk to little guy i.e. us and just ban anyone that they get a copyright notice for without really investigating.

It's for this reason that we force people to register to download, so that automated robots can't find the links and mistake them. But alas it still happens sometimes.

But don't worry, i'll be on the phone to Rapidshare and have begun re-mirroring some of the most popular files to http://depositfiles.com/ but it may take most of the night and into tomorrow to upload.

In the meantime I will be investigating what other options are available to get the files to you as quickly as possibly. But once again, being late at night here in the UK, I don't want to put a timeframe on it but I promise that i'm working as hard and quickly as possible to get it fixed and can only apologise for a problem that is beyond our control.

As some of you have noted already, the 5.01 update pack is out now.

It contains 3,498 images, roughly around half of which are new to the MP. It includes loads of persons newly-added to the FM database for FM13, as well as the usual improvements.

This pack takes the amount of images in the MP to 118,250 and is around 167MB in size.

The icons 5.01 update pack has also been released.

Both are available from here

I've just downloaded all 13 packs from the 5.01 update, do I still need to download more and if so where do I find them?

Also, I can't seem to get any of the faces that were in the packs in the game. Can you tell me what I need to do to see them in the game.

I've downloaded them to my graphics folder, and have done the things on the game for getting graphics. I also have other graphics, such as logos and kits, which work fine.

I've just downloaded all 13 packs from the 5.01 update, do I still need to download more and if so where do I find them?

Also, I can't seem to get any of the faces that were in the packs in the game. Can you tell me what I need to do to see them in the game.

I've downloaded them to my graphics folder, and have done the things on the game for getting graphics. I also have other graphics, such as logos and kits, which work fine.

have you win zip them?

I have extracted them but they are all in separate folders, I'm guessing the shouldn't be?

Also how do I count the number of faces that I have?

I don't seem to have that config.xml file what pack was it in that I downloaded?

Cheers

You should put all the images into one folder and one folder only. To find out how many images are contained therein, just right-click on an empty space in the folder and click properties. The total amount of files will be displayed.

I'm not sure how the download is set up and in which folder is the config.xml, but it's the file which maps the image to the person so it's fundamental in the running of the megapack. If it's not there, you can either create one with fmXML or download the latest update pack and use the config contained therein.

Hope this helps :thup:

fmXML can do it for you.

fml xml doesn't work on my computer because of a missing DLL. I know this quite cheeky to ask but as a 3 year premium member I'm going to ask anyway, is there any chance you create this file of the default game faces with names changed to UID and upload it for me :rolleyes:

fml xml doesn't work on my computer because of a missing DLL. I know this quite cheeky to ask but as a 3 year premium member I'm going to ask anyway, is there any chance you create this file of the default game faces with names changed to UID and upload it for me :rolleyes:

That would mean renaming each SI image as UID (a separate process for each team) moving them into a folder and creating a config of that folder and would literally take hours. We are swiftly checking and if needed fixing each SI image (see THIS thread) and as long as you keep up to date with the Megapack updates, you'll have all the newer cuts very soon, surly better to wait for us to make sure that a new SI image is actually an improvement?! By 5.03 at the latest I would have thought. Patience is a virtue and all that. :)

YellowKicks, in addition to what RowRow78 said, if there's a particular team whose SI default images you believe are far superior to the MP's, then by all means post in this thread, or the one linked to by RowRow78, and request accordingly.

The bulk of the Championship teams' images should be in 5.02, fwiw.

5.01 definitely included improved images for a good number of the current Leeds Utd squad, so it seems to me like you mucked up the download somehow.

As above, what download method did you use? What is the total size of the MP folder? How many images in all do you have in there?

I'm afraid I will only offer technical support for people who download the megapack from sortitoutsi links or from sites who link to us, as I've no idea nor control over the contents, or indeed the method, of the download from that site. Sorry to appear pedantic, but the logo displayed on that site is for MP3.0 from FM11 - so I've no faith that the contents of the download are correct...

where do i have to put the pictures of the players???

i have the original game and installed it with steam

Follow the instructions in the readme file, or those in the "how to install this" section of the download page on sortitoutsi.

Do I just copy the contents to 5.1 into the old 5.0 faces folder and replace the 5.0 config with the 5.1 config?

Yes - in the end you should have one folder, and one folder only, with 118,255 images plus a config file.

i have right amount of images but find it strange that pique puyol fabregas and vilonova dont have faces, even if i search for there id in the folder they dont show up have i done somethin wrong or have they been missed

Follow the instructions in the readme file, or those in the "how to install this" section of the download page on sortitoutsi.

Yes - in the end you should have one folder, and one folder only, with 118,255 images plus a config file.

Thanks. Having real trouble copying the 5.1 contents into the 5.0 folder. It's taking forever, just 54bites in 10 minutes. Given that it's a 150mb update, this is going to take a very long time. Any idea what might be causing this?

Archived