dafuge's FM13 challenge

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRUQc6malFe_kvtMpA2ElO2-a8cQp9EK-GWtycJ6G0vyyTqZBUKw

Whitehawk - Blue Square Bet South - 2013/14

Replaced most of squad and went on with a pretty small squad and replaced alot of players as season went on. Turned out pretty great!

League Table

League Positions Graph

Started decently and was within playoffs most of season. Really didnt expect to do so well and maybe keeping within playoffs was all i dared hope for but With great consistency i ended up top of the table before end of season. Got a bit worried loosing last 3 games but team behind me did equally poor so i got direct promotion afterall. Had a period about mid season where entire team was marked as in need of rest, but with pretty much having them rested from training all the time between games i somehow managed to get trough with barely any injuries. Funnily enough 3 players got injured when i finally got a break from games.

FA Trophy - Didnt care but nice to get some money atleast rotated squad.

FA Cup - Same as Trophy really didnt care and rotated got further then i expected.

Squad - Replaced most of what was there as season went on and only 3 of original players really used much.

Transfers - Huge overhaul as season went on. Just hopeing some will be useful next season too.

Finances - Finances looking pretty terrible. Wonder how this will pan out next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Hicham Abdellah - top scorer, 23 goals and best average rating

Andrea Zola - Assist king with 20 assists came with team

Tommy Fraser - Most played outfield player and captain came with team

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    1st         League Winner

Next Season

Season way over that was expected so i'm not sure how next season gonna turn out. Worried about finances. We'll see...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRUQc6malFe_kvtMpA2ElO2-a8cQp9EK-GWtycJ6G0vyyTqZBUKw

Whitehawk - Blue Square Bet South - 2013/14

Tried keeping with much of the original team but it didn't work! Brought in local players but they didn't seem to work but did stay up, roll on the new season!

League Table

League Positions Graph

We never really pushed up near the top during the season, a cup run really hampered our league form. We seemed to concede too many but I'm hoping over the course of Pre-Season I can bring in a brand new squad.

FA Trophy - Out at the first stage, wanted a small run in this.

FA Cup - We had a great run although making the 3rd round would've been good!.

Squad - Thought I had a good squad although they turned out not to be good enough, overhaul is coming!

Transfers - Some in, some out, you will see more next season!

Finances - Finances looking terrible. Plus now a increase in seats, hoping to get some money in soon.

Key Player Profiles:

Tommy Fraser - Played well, hoping to get him on a new contract

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    15th        F.A Cup 2nd Round

Next Season

Play-Offs will be nice

His demands seem abit excessive for a league 1 player. Maybe one reason why no other club is interested in him.

Massively excessive for a League 1 player. His reputation is Continental somehow which no doubt has something to do with his outrageous demands.

I'm going to stop playing until the release day patch. The goals from crosses are too frustrating, and they're ruining the fun for me. I'm going to play FM12 or Assassin's Creed (never played it before and got it really cheap).

I'm in the same boat. It seems to be ok for some people but I just haven't cracked the match engione yet. It seems far too unstable for any real consistency. There is a patch for the Beta coming out this weekend so I may give it another go then, but otherwise i'll wait for the release day.

Top of the league but losing my way abit, so i have question for you. Shall i risk my current team or spend the 3k i have in wages to basically secure promotion? I'm 4k in the red in balance.

I would personally spend your wage budget or at least some of it to guarantee promotion. As you might not do so well next season and miss out on the chance of promotion again if you dont strengthen your team.

I'm in the same boat. It seems to be ok for some people but I just haven't cracked the match engione yet. It seems far too unstable for any real consistency. There is a patch for the Beta coming out this weekend so I may give it another go then, but otherwise i'll wait for the release day.

I haven't seen any information saying they've going to patch up the Beta this weekend. Where did you read that?

A question to the guys who are doing well. What tactics are you using to get the best results?I am trying to start this with FC united and have got som good players. Most of my team are 4* ability for the bsn. But no matter what formation I play I just cannot win a game. It has to be due to this ME. Ive got to the point where there is no point playing the game. So I have been experimenting the last hour or so. I have been playing the same league game over and over. Trying different tactics and tweaking different things. And after playing the same game roughly 20 times against a team considered similar level to us. We won only once and drew once the rest we lost, with 90% of the goals coming from crosses. I've seen some people say they play basic 442 but I've tried this and get spanked. Every match I watch it seems as my team has no control what happens in the game what so ever. What is your secrets lol. I soooo wanna keep playing this game but it is impossible until the ME is fixed

A question to the guys who are doing well. What tactics are you using to get the best results?I am trying to start this with FC united and have got som good players. Most of my team are 4* ability for the bsn. But no matter what formation I play I just cannot win a game. It has to be due to this ME. Ive got to the point where there is no point playing the game. So I have been experimenting the last hour or so. I have been playing the same league game over and over. Trying different tactics and tweaking different things. And after playing the same game roughly 20 times against a team considered similar level to us. We won only once and drew once the rest we lost, with 90% of the goals coming from crosses. I've seen some people say they play basic 442 but I've tried this and get spanked. Every match I watch it seems as my team has no control what happens in the game what so ever. What is your secrets lol. I soooo wanna keep playing this game but it is impossible until the ME is fixed

I'd like to know these peoples secret as well.

I haven't seen any information saying they've going to patch up the Beta this weekend. Where did you read that?
I have seen In the bugs forum somewhere that the demo is due out tomorrow I think which will update the beta iirc. I do hope this is true and the ME is improved

In my first season I constantly tweaked my tactics and I finished 12th. second season I settled on a tactic and used it all the way through and got promoted. I've used that tactic ever since and im currently in league 1. I think it is about building a tactic around your players and sticking with it so the players get use to it.

For scouting all I've set is UK + Ireland and age under 23. My scouts are finding plenty of players.

In my first season I constantly tweaked my tactics and I finished 12th. second season I settled on a tactic and used it all the way through and got promoted. I've used that tactic ever since and im currently in league 1. I think it is about building a tactic around your players and sticking with it so the players get use to it.

For scouting all I've set is UK + Ireland and age under 23. My scouts are finding plenty of players.

I've built a new tactic around my players, which works off most of their strengths. These stupid far post crosses are still messing up my matches though. Losing matches I'd have won if it wasn't for flukey crossed goals.

A few things I do.

I play flat 4-4-2 with quick tempo short passing and high time wasting. Fluid and Control. 4-4-2 is already Rigid so thats why Fluid but I do limit it by being more disciplined with creative freedom. My FBs are on Def which I see helps with the crosses. One of my CMs joins the attack the other sits. ME is messed but ways to limit it affect untill a update.

Add the last club view to player search and scout players from the Championship/Prem. Add players to a shortlist or 6 as the will become interested throughout the season.

I have seen In the bugs forum somewhere that the demo is due out tomorrow I think which will update the beta iirc. I do hope this is true and the ME is improved

Apparently it was confirmed on twitter by miles. In the beta bugs forum there is a topic that outlines the changes they have already implemented for the patch.

very rigid 4-4-2/4-4-1-1/4-3-3 with adjustments on players base on their strenghts.. deep/high depending on opposition etc. feels like alot of stupidity by team got reduced when they got familiar to tactics and/or got higher moral

AFC Fylde 2013/14

League Table - http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/MasterT30/DafugesChallenge/BlueSquareBetNorth_Stages.png

Squad - http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/MasterT30/DafugesChallenge/AFCFylde_Players.png

Transfers http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/MasterT30/DafugesChallenge/AFCFylde_History.png

Sean O'Connor http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/MasterT30/DafugesChallenge/SeanOConnor_Profile.png

Started well and continued it until the back end of the season where he was used more from the subs bench.

Luke Ainscough http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/MasterT30/DafugesChallenge/LukeAinscough_Profile.png

Brought him on loan from Wigan and got 15 assists.

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North     13th

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - npower League 1- 2018/19

Wow. Almost a unreal ending. After I made a comment above about making sure we stay in the league we decided to go unbeaten from then until the end of the season winning 7 and drawing 2. Amazingly we snuck into the play-offs. We then knocked out Huddersfield with relative ease and next thing you know where up against Crewe at Wembley. We went on to lose 3-2 after extra time. In truth we never deserved to go up and we would of come straight back down so I'm happy to stay put for the time being.

League Table

Past Positions

Such a up and down season. We started very well and we were in the play-offs. We then dropped down the league but had 4 games in hand that could put us back up in the promotion hunt. Unfortunately we then decided to play very badly. At one point we looked in real danger of going down until I tweaked our tactics and after that we went unbeaten. Shame it ended how it did but it would not of been deserved if we went up.

Cups - FA Cup we finally made the 3rd round where we lost 2-0 at West Ham. JPT we were knocked out by Oxford in the Semi's. Capital one cup was our standard 1st round defeat.

Squad - Did surprisingly well. Will need to be strengthened in the summer.

Transfers - Mayer had a sold first season playing at left back. Lenighan played well as my holding midfielder and Robinson was the stand out signing. Joining in January he scored 13 in 14.

Finances - Big profit this season. Just under £3m in the bank. This was mainly due to selling out our brand new stadium most weeks.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - Amazing final season for the club. 49 in 56 will be sorely missed.

Abdulai Bell-Baggie - Speedy winger scoring 10 and setting up 18.

Callum Robinson - January signing who helped propel us up the league in the final 10 games.

Very pleased with our final position. Next season will be a struggle as I have to replace Paul Moran

Career Overview

2013/14         Blue Square North     12th               
2014/15         Blue Square North     2nd               Promoted Playoffs
2015/16         Blue Square Prem      1st               League Winners
2016/17         League 2              12th              Survived
2017/18         League 2              3rd               Automatic Promotion
2018/19         League 1              6th               Lost in playoff final

Promoted from BSS with Whitehawk at the fifth attempt via the playoffs. Play-of final was at my ground, which was wierd. Board has got carried away and taken out a 3m loan to build a stadium, despite only filling under 20% of our current capacity. Will be a long slog to balance the books now...

Thomas Lycett takes over Stafford Rangers

Squad

Looks quite poor to me.

Info and Facilities

The training facilities are poor, particularly the youth facilities.

Finances

Won't be in the black for long.

Staff

Assistant Manager is very determined (19).

Key Players

None stand out.

Promising Youth Players

None.

This Seasons Goal

Based on the current squad, avoid relegation.

HEDNESFORD TOWN

2014-15 - Blue Square North

Club Information l Manager Profile | Confidence | Finances |Squad (1) (2) | Transfers

The League

Semi Final Leg 1

Semi Final Leg 2

Final

League Table | Position Graph

Well at the end of the last season I said a push for the play offs would be great, well thats what we did and we left it late to secure our position in the play offs. Once there we met inform Gainsboro' who had won the previous 6 in a row but we got a draw at home and then went away and comprehensively beat them! Then we got drawn against Southport but we was given the tie at home, which was a real bonus as we are solid, we had a record crowd and I set my team out to attack and as you see it worked perfectly.

The Cups

FA Cup & FA Trophy Fixtures |

When the cups came about I was doing good in the league so I decided to prioritise the league and wasn't really that bothered about the cups.

Top Scorer

Ali Chaaban

Signed when I was in desperate need for a striker, and signed on a player/scout contract, Chaaban really surprised me he scored goals for fun at the start of the season but dried up after Feb so I fetched a few loanees in to take the burden off his ageing shoulders.

Aims For Next Season

Survival and a cup run would be nice.

Survival will be the No.1 priority, I will be looking to take advantage of the loan market again which helped when needed last season and like everyone else I want a cup run to bolster my finances.

Career Overview

2013/14         Blue Square North     17th            FA Cup 1st Round
2014/15         Blue Square North     5th            Promoted via the play offs.

How are you lot flying through the seasons! In march now and decided to take your advice and splash the wages on players, i went for experience in Nicholson who is a left back and played for torquay and notts county a few years back, Reilly who is a centre back from a blue square prem side, Westlake who was at Ipswich(?) and a young but decent keeper. We are top on 72 points so going on your screenshots of league tables it should get us first place.

Cafclogoforwiki.jpg

The start of something new

Sunday League Footballer Dillon Cathro has taken over Carshalton Atheltic F.C. as their new manager!

The current squad is a bit empty with only two players however Tom Bird is toted as a "Leading Star for Blue Square South sides" and Ashley Carew as a "Good Player for Blue Square Premier sides" so they will most likely contribute to my new side. That being said I will have to bring in about 16 new faces.

Unlucky on just missing out on another promotion Hpyanimz. Be interesting to see where Moran ends up at.

That's got to hurt Swinburn. Have you played the Man Utd game again yet?

Congrats on the promotion Champfan10. Chaaban did really well for you considering that his stats arent great. What nationally is he?

Archived