dafuge's FM13 challenge

WH%20logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2015/16 | Blue Square South (Predicted: 15th)

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Definite step up. We hit our points tally from last season with another 9 games to go, and at that point, automatic promotion seemed a possibility. However, my team let me down badly after that, getting just seven points from those last 9 games and the last three were in the final game when even the playoffs were realistically out of reach. Very disappointing as we were the best team in the league at times this year. The playoffs were the most ambitious target I set for this year but as it turned out I'm really disappointed we didn't make them.

Cup Runs . Disappointing to lose to two teams in our league.

Key Players

Alex Finney - possibly the best free agent I've ever signed. Awesome defender who for me should have the BSS player of the year award. He made 22 key tackles! To put that in perspective - no-one else made double figures! 11 player of the match awards, too - and only 2 mistakes in 42 games that led to a goal. The best bit? He's still only 19...

Joe Pigott* - his form tailed off at the end of the season and was a big part of the reason we'll still be in the BSS next year. If he'd stayed on form, automatic promotion was a shoo-in. I can't complain though - 23 goals is a good return, and he was the league's top goalscorer.

Michael Sant - I wasn't at all convinced when I signed him but he was a perfect foil for Pigott and picked up on the loose balls when Pigott didn't score. Only 18, I have high hopes that he will get 20 league goals at least next year which could be the difference for us.

Sam Argent - I don't know why he's good because his attributes are nothing special but he's done a great job this year.

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year

The historical best XI - five new players: Isaacs, Kayode, Sant and Stephens as well as Finney who is on his way to being a club legend already.

Key Records Broken - quite a few this year!

Highest league position

Highest attendance: 768 v Eastbourne, 12th March.

Highest gate receipts: £7.62k v Chelmsford, FA Cup 2nd Qual Rd, 3rd October.

Highest average attendance: 585

Biggest win: 4-0 v Farnborough, 15h December

Most games won in a row: 5 - 8th August to 29th August

Most goals in a season (league and overall): 23 - Joe Pigott

Most goals in a match: 3 by Michael Sant v Poole Town in the FA Trophy on 7th November - our very first hat-trick.

Most assists in a season: 9 - Joe Pigott

Highest average rating: 7.49 - Alex Finney - 41 appearances.

Most Player of the Match: 11 - Alex Finney

Worst Discipline: 9y 1r - Bradley Isaacs

Most League Apps: Billy Tsovolos - 111

Most League Goals: Joe Pigott - 34

Fastest Goal: 25 seconds - Joe Pigott v Sutton Utd on 3rd February.

Next season, we need to make sure that we don't capitulate again..

Targets for 2015/16

Have two strikers who score 30 goals between them (18 this year from my main two, eight more from Malcolm). SUCCESS - in fact, Pigott and Sant had 32 goals between them by January 1st!

At least one striker to gain an average rating over 7.25. SUCCESS - Pigott's was 7.34

Playoff place. FAILURE - which is really disappointing, as even automatic promotion seemed a possibility for so long.

Targets for 2016/17 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Get a playoff place with ease, hopefully push for automatic.

This year we had 7 players with an average rating of over 7: next year I want 11 (who play at least 20 games each).

Make a profit over the course of the season (my balance at time of posting on 2.7.16 is £157,234, but only because of a huge loan which will see us pay £2,500 a month for 25 years!).

Season      Division	          Position     Points    Achievements

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10012541&viewfull=1#post10012541]2014/15[/url]     Blue Square South         12th      59       None.
[url=]2015/16[/url]     Blue Square South          7th      66       None.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WH%20logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2016/17 | Blue Square South (Predicted: 7th)

Table | | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Such a frustrating season. Sorry for the lack of positions graph but I was in the playoffs for the first half and then dropped away badly. I'm sure this squad was better than my last squad. The defence had higher average ratings but conceded more. Similar (often identical) tactical set-up. But we went backwards. Although we were unlucky to concede a goal in the last minute of the season to drop two points against Newport, the fact remained that the last gasp equaliser for the Welshmen meant that we had fewer points at the end of the season than at the end of the first season. The real problem came between the end of January and the start of April when we gained just four points in eight games. Twenty points dropped - the gap between us and Maidenhead in second. I'm frustrated and very disappointed with this season.

Cup Runs. Just one win again. Really disappointing defeat to Kingstonian, a team I know I can beat...

Key Players

Alex Finney* - this guy is really special. Not sure why, his attributes are not standout. But I suppose there must be hidden ones that are amazing! Still only 20 too!

Joe Pigott - a little like Alexis at Arsenal at the moment, he must be wondering what the rest of the team are playing at. 20 goals in a season where we really struggled. 12 assists - the only player to get double figures in EITHER category. Good stuff.

Tony Dickinson - was available for nothing and I did try but he didn't want to join us. But he did help me to realise the potential of the loan market, although despite the high average ratings and a good partnership with Finney, we still conceded too many.

Brett Lucas - I'm pleased with this signing, I wanted someone to create more in midfield and he's good at it. Hoping he can kick on and be really key next year in a proper promotion push.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - just Callum Preston inducted.

Key Records Broken

Most Assists: 12 - Joe Pigott

Most Player of the Match: 13 - Alex Finney

Most League Apps: 140 - Billy Tsovolos - EXTENDED

Most League Goals: 53 - Joe Pigott

Lowest Attendance: 297 v Hampton & Richmond, BSS, 28th December

Biggest Win and Highest Scoring (League and Overall) Game: 5-1 v Margate (H), BSS, 24th September

Most games without losing: 7 - 27th August to 24th September

Most games without conceding: 4 - 3rd September to 20th September

Next season, I need to strengthen a few key positions and get some top quality loan players in. I've shut my youth academy down now too, so I need to start looking at poaching a few from elsewhere.

Targets for 2016/17

Get a playoff place with ease, hopefully push for automatic. EPIC FAIL

This year we had 7 players with an average rating of over 7: next year I want 11 (who play at least 20 games each). EPIC FAIL - only six, although Dickinson on 19 appearances nearly made it seven.

Make a profit over the course of the season (my balance at time of posting on 2.7.16 is £157,234, but only because of a huge loan which will see us pay £2,500 a month for 25 years!). EPIC FAIL - on 2.7.17, my balance is £-32,738

Targets for 2017/18 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Have to be the same again, really, after the abject failure that was 2016/17...

Playoff place

11 players with average ratings of 7+

Profitable season

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10012541&viewfull=1#post10012541]2014/15[/url]     Blue Square South         12th      59       None.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10014205&viewfull=1#post10014205]2015/16[/url]     Blue Square South          7th      66       None.
[url=]2016/17[/url]     Blue Square South         13th      58       None.

WH%20logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2017/18 | Blue Square South (Predicted: 7th)

So, we made it to the playoffs this year. That's great. But actually I was rather disappointed with this season. For a long time we were really pressing for an automatic promotion place and it was only the final 12 games, when we only won three games and got four draws, that cost us that. One draw turned into a win would have got us 3rd place, and it would only have taken another 8 points from those 12 games to get 2nd. 13 points from 36 was really disappointing. Nonetheless, it was clear improvement from our worst ever point haul last year.

The first leg of the Semi-Final against Dover, a team we had a 100% record against, was a real disappointment and gave us a lot to do in the second leg...

The second leg was always going to be tough but the tie was basically over after 10 minutes when they scored.

Disappointing to not even make it to the final having drawn a team we had never dropped a point against, but it's major progress nonetheless.

Cup Runs. Our first tie against a league side in the FA Cup - only Shrewsbury but it's a start. None of the three wins was particularly unexpected, though - and we should have been able to score in two games against Eastbourne, our local rivals.

Key Players

Alex Finney* - just an absolute rock, and I'm still shocked I managed to get him to sign a contract extension this year. But I would not expect to see him at the club this time next year.

Brett Lucas - huge improvement from Brett this season, he was good last year, but he was brilliant this time around.

Carl Fenton-Goss - I've been expecting this guy to come good for some time and this year he finally did. Looking really good and still only 21.

Soloman Sambou - finally, I've got a good partner for Finney. And it's the same partner he's had for four years. But he came good at last.

Dylan Richards - 11 goals and 14 assists makes him the 3rd top scorer and the second top creator. Key.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Lucas, Doyle and Fenton-Goss inducted.

Key Records Broken

Highest League Position

Highest Average Rating: 7.50 by Alex Finney (49 appearances).

Most League Appearances: 177 by Dylan Richards, overtaking Frederick Champion when he made his 155th, who had overtaken Tsovolos' record already this season when he made his 141st.

Most League Goals: 70 by Joe Pigott EXTENDED

Most Assists in a season: 16 by Brett Lucas, beating Pigott's 12 in 2015/16.

Record Attendance: 1,897 against Dover, BSS Playoff Semi Final First Leg on 8th May (beats 768 in March 2016)

Highest Gate Receipts: £18,080 in the same game, beating £9k in the FA Cup against Woking earlier in the year.

Highest Average Attendance: 638

Highest Scoring (League/Overall) Game: 3-6 v Hornchurch (A), 13th December

Most Games Without Losing: 9 - 23rd December to 3rd February

Most Games Without Winning: 7 - 7th November to 2nd December

Next season, the pressure will be on to go up.

Targets for 2017/18

Had to be the same again, really, after the abject failure that was 2016/17...

Playoff place SUCCESS - I pushed for an automatic place for a while but the traditional collapse, whilst not as bad as usual, from March onwards, cost us that chance. We certainly ought to have finished 2nd this year.

11 players with average ratings of 7+ FAIL - it was really close here - I noticed at the start of May that I had ten who had over 7, and Frederick Champion on 6.99 - and he didn't make it - but neither did Michael Sant who dipped under thanks to the playoffs.

Profitable season EPIC FAIL - totally never going to happen in this league!

Targets for 2018/19 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Promotion - I don't care how, but it has to happen.

Sell Pigott and ensure no-one is on more than £20,000 a year except Finney, who would be worth twice that (and is now on £21k).

At least 6 players with 7.10 or higher - I had four this year and we got close, so this should make the difference.

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10014205&viewfull=1#post10014205]2015/16[/url]     Blue Square South          7th      66       None.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10021040&viewfull=1#post10021040]2016/17[/url]     Blue Square South         13th      58       None.
[url=]2017/18[/url]     Blue Square South          4th      70       Lost in Playoff Semi Final.

WH%20logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2018/19 | Blue Square South (Predicted: 9th)

In mid-April, having been top since about January, a defeat away at Kingstonian seemed to have put the final nail in the coffin for the automatic promotion which we seemed nailed on for in February and March. But then we beat Woking, who had leapfrogged us into second after the Kingstonian defeat, which meant with three games left, we had secured a playoff place and were just two points behind Dartford for automatic promotion, albeit with a far inferior goal difference. It was going to be close...

Until this. Against a mid-table side, we contrived to hand the title to Dartford, who now realistically only needed a point from their final two games to win the league. Still, a second consecutive appearance in the playoffs was nothing to be sniffed at: as long as I could still fulfil my goal of promotion this season. But it would require three top performances. I summed up my season when Dartford lost their penultimate game, but I couldn't complete a comeback at Weston-Super-Mare, only drawing 1-1 to wrap up promotion for Dartford. We then drew the last game which cost me two places in the table, and the last 11 games yielded only 7 points: four more points; or two of the four draws turned into wins; and I would have been champions, but instead it was the lottery of the playoffs once again.

The Playoffs

Sutton United first up, a team I'd played ten times and won six of them - so hopes were high, although the team I played at that stage last year was one I did have a 100% record against so I was cautious...

Semi-Final First Leg:

An early disallowed goal for my local side, Sutton, gave us a scare, but after 12 minutes, Kayode put us ahead in one of his last games for the club. Sutton then had another goal disallowed. I should point out that both were clearly correct decisions: a big foul on our 'keeper and a massively offside goal. A dull second half ended with a speculative Sutton shot which Watts held on to well, and we held out for a good 1-0 victory.

Semi-Final Second Leg:

I decided to switch my usual attacking philosophy because, with Sutton having to come at us, I felt we could hit them on the break effectively. But they had yet another goal disallowed very early on which gave me a scare. Again - quite rightly, the goalkeeper having been badly fouled. But Fenton-Goss then made me feel a lot more relaxed with the goal to put us ahead. Sutton then had ANOTHER goal disallowed (again, totally correctly, I promise - Watts was clattered!), they must have some sort of record here! With 19 minutes left, however, a good cross resulted in Sutton finally getting a legitimate goal, and it was really tense. But with 10 to go, Fenton-Goss, who I so nearly lost faith in when he seemed to be developing slower than I wanted, was through and he slotted home to secure a place in the final. Cue pitch invasion at Sutton!

The Final:

Woking had played really well in the second leg, beating Kingstonian to secure their place in the final. I decided to play a little safe, on standard mentality instead of my usual "attacking". After a cagey first 40 minutes, in which Kayode got injured and was replaced by Sant, it was the substitute who opened the scoring, and before half-time, Chicksen, my right back, scored a wonder goal. It was his first for the club: a good time to get it! Kingstonian pulled one back 15 into the second half. We went into our shell. Half an hour to hold on for promotion. But no, immediately from the kick-off, Sant combined with Fenton-Goss and it was, surely, game over at 3-1? We got battered for 20 minutes, but in the last few moments, Brett Lucas scored and Fenton-Goss gave the result a convincing look that we hadn't really warranted. Who cares?

PROMOTION!

Cup Runs. Disappointing, I could do with some extra cash that a good cup run could generate. But I'd much rather get promoted!

Key Players

Nathaniel Judge* - wow. I didn't see that coming. So good that he displaced Sambou, who had been the revelation of last year. Becomes the first person to get a better Average Rating than Finney since he arrived.

Alex Finney - still awesome, and will always be remembered as the man who was most responsible for our rise through this division. Was looking at a move to a bigger club but I promised him that I'd get promoted again within 2 years. I don't know if that means to the BSP (which I'd already done) or to League Two, but if necessary I will sell him this time next year.

Carl Fenton-Goss - 20 goals, including final goal to put the cherry on the icing on the cake in the playoff final. What a season for him, and he is improving fast.

Dylan Richards - 15 assists, almost twice as many as anyone else.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Chickesen, Miller and Starkey all inducted at the end of our BSS days.

Key Records Broken

Most League Apps: 219 - Dylan Richards EXTENDED

Higest Average Rating: 7.57 - Nathaniel Judge (41 apps)

Valete (Or, key departures and their career stats)

LEE PIGOTT

His wages were not really justifiable - he was probably the fourth or fifth best player I had but was paid the same as Finney, which clearly wasn't justified. But what a player he was for us! He did go up a league (which was why he wanted to go), signing for BSP side Alfreton.

APPS: 174, GLS: 74, ASSTS: 32, MoM: 21, AvR: 7.14

FREDERICK CHAMPION

Wasn't my choice: he accepted a contract before I could offer him one. But actually, despite being one of our longest serving players and until recently, the appearance record holder, he wasn't a great player - he was just very good. Never averaged over 7 in the league so was probably right for him to leave now we're stepping up a level. A good player, but not a great.

APPS: 235, GLS: 8, ASSTS: 13, MoM: 3, AvR: 6.91

Next season, we will be getting a slightly bigger capacity. Can't hurt, although it means a new stadium will be further off than it might have been. My finances are a total mess, losing quarter of a million this year. But the step up might see the pace of the decline of our finances slow, at least.

Targets for 2018/19

Promotion - I don't care how, but it has to happen. SUCCESS - probably should have got automatic, but who cares?!

Sell Pigott and ensure no-one is on more than £20,000 a year except Finney, who would be worth twice that (and is now on £21k). SUCCESS - and yet I still made a huge loss. Annoying.

At least 6 players with 7.10 or higher - I had four this year and we got close, so this should make the difference. FAILURE - just four again, but having two central defenders on top of their games made the difference.

Targets for 2019/20 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Survival at all costs.

Cup run including a tie against a league side, preferably away.

At least two new signings averaging over 7.00 to show we're always improving.

Season      Division              Position     Points    Achievements

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10012541&viewfull=1#post10012541"]2014/15[/url]     Blue Square South         12th      59       None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10014205&viewfull=1#post10014205"]2015/16[/url]     Blue Square South          7th      66       None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10021040&viewfull=1#post10021040"]2016/17[/url]     Blue Square South         13th      58       None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10030455&viewfull=1#post10030455"]2017/18[/url]     Blue Square South          4th      70       Lost in Playoff Semi Final.
[url="http://2018/19"]2018/19[/url]     Blue Square South          4th      74       Promoted via playoffs.

WH logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2019/20 | Blue Square Premier (Predicted: 24th)

Two points from eight games leading into the last game of the season meant we were a point ahead of the teams in 20th, 21st and 22nd. Only one team behind us had a better goal difference, so at least one of the two below would have to win for us to be in danger. But of course, a win for us would put any doubts to bed. Dagenham and Redbridge, a team two places but eleven points ahead of us, were the final opponents. Cambridge's game was the first to get a goal - Southport taking the lead in the 14th minute. But Cambridge equalised 9 minutes later and with no goals in any other games (including ours), we were effectively back where we started. Joel Court had a wonderful chance on the half hour mark to make it more comfortable for us...but then Aldershot took the lead and suddenly we were potentially a goal from relegation. And on the stroke of half-time, Cambridge got that goal. At half-time, we were staring down the barrel of relegation. Gainsborough went behind at champions Porstmouth soon after the break, but we still needed a goal as things stood. But at Aldershot, the home side went down to ten men. Come on Dover! Get that goal to keep us safe! But would we need it?

Perhaps not, as just before the hour mark, Michael Sant, who despite his moaning about lack of first team football had played nine games before this without a goal, missed a chance but buried the rebound for his first goal of the season. Fifty points was definitely enough - could we hold on? We had dropped so many points in the last few minutes, a repeat today would be fatal. Portsmouth put the game beyond doubt at Gainsborough, so a goal for Dover at Aldershot or two for Southport at Cambridge (who had taken a 3-1 lead) would mean we were safe no matter what. But I wanted a win. And with half an hour left, a scrappy mess led the ball to fall at the feet of the teenager Joel Court. He blasted it from about 22 yards, right into the top corner. Surely, safety? And yes! Dylan Richards, my skipper and first-season signing, blasted a shot from well outside the area, right into the bottom corner. Two fabulous second half goals were keeping us up! At the final whistle, the feeling wasn't the elation of the playoff final last year but huge relief.

Cup Runs. Not a priority this year but I'm still a bit disappointed to have missed out on a couple of money-spinning cup ties.

Key Players

Nathaniel Judge* - incredible. Player of the match in close to half our games this year, his Average Rating was over 8 for about two thirds of the season and despite a slight drop-off at the end, this is amongst the highest average ratings I've seen in FM over a season - almost certain it's the highest from a defender.

Alex Finney - he may no longer be the star, but he's still pretty good!

Carl Fenton-Goss - fed on scraps this year as we played far more defensively but got some crucial goals.

Ricky Forbes - here mainly for his consistency in any circumstances - he was deployed at left back a few times and did a good job there.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Judge finally inducted, along with Lovell, Richardson and Watts - who won't stay in that for long.

Key Records Broken

Highest League Position: 19th in Blue Square Premier

Highest Gate Receipts: £19,320 v Dartford, FA Cup 4QR, 2nd November

Highest Average Attendance: 1,160

Most Defeats in a Row: 4 - 16th Novemeber to 7th December

Most Games Without Winning: 10 - 15th October to 7th December

Most Player of the Match: 19 - Nathaniel Judge

Most League Apps (extended): 256 - Dylan Richards

Highest Averange Rating: 7.89 in 43 appearances (Nathaniel Judge) - beating his own record.

DYLAN RICHARDS

Not by choice. Couldn't persuade him to sign a new contract so he left at the start of July.

APPS: 272, GLS: 38, ASSTS: 53, MoM: 7, AvR: 6.97

BRETT LUCAS

Made it a double blow as he's a similar player and I didn't want to lose him at all.

APPS: 151, GLS: 15, ASSTS: 33, MoM: 8, AvR: 7.10

Next season, we need to add to the squad to make sure that we have the quality to start moving up this league - I'm still playing with a squad that's BSS quality with the exception of the central defenders.

Targets for 2019/20

Survival at all costs. SUCCESS- JUST!

Cup run including a tie against a league side, preferably away. FAILURE - it's a shame, we need to start getting some of these for the finances.

At least two new signings averaging over 7.00 to show we're always improving. FAILURE - none, in fact. Forbes felt like a new signing this season but he's been at the club since 2014/15, making two appearances in that season and none since (until this season).

Targets for 2020/21 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Safety by the start of April.

At least two new signings on the "key players" roster - legitimately.

Closer to playoff place than relegation (very ambitious).

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10012541&viewfull=1#post10012541"]2014/15[/url]     Blue Square South         12th      59       None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10014205&viewfull=1#post10014205"]2015/16[/url]     Blue Square South          7th      66       None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10021040&viewfull=1#post10021040"]2016/17[/url]     Blue Square South         13th      58       None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10030455&viewfull=1#post10030455"]2017/18[/url]     Blue Square South          4th      70       Lost in Playoff Semi Final.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10033072&viewfull=1#post10033072"]2018/19[/url]     Blue Square South          4th      74       Promoted via playoffs.
[url="http://2019/20"]2019/20[/url]     Blue Square Premier       19th      50       None.

WH%20logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2020/21 | Blue Square Premier (Predicted: 23rd)

Two wins in three days at the start of April were desperately needed. A point against already-relegated Marine would almost certainly be enough to see us safe - and if Exeter couldn't win at Grimsby, we would be safe with a game remaining. It hadn't been a great season, but...

After half an hour, James Mulley, who had been largely disappointing since arriving from local rivals Eastbourne Boro, put us ahead. Mulley then put Mackenzie in to double the lead but he fluffed his lines, and it appeared that the game would remain tense through half-time. But in the 44th minute, up popped the man, the legend, Alex Finney, at the near post from a corner and it was 2-0. Fifty points secured (the same tally as last season) in the penultimate game and safety. Or was it?

The second half was tense. But largely uneventful. One or two Marine shots on goal of note, but never really looking threatening. We had survived. And we had a game left to try to make this a marginally better season than last year in terms of points tally, too! It turned out, in fact, that we didn't even need it - results elsewhere meant that even a defeat would have seen us safe for another year. But with the chance presented to us to ensure our number of seasons where progress was not made remained at just one, I wasn't going to complain!

We only got a point in the final game against Barrow, who themselves needed that point to secure promotion, but that still meant one point more than last year. Progress. Barely, but nonetheless definite progress. Next year, let's hope there's rather more.

Cup Runs. Nice to get a couple of wins at least.

Key Players

Nathaniel Judge* - not as good as last year, though - and that was probably the difference. To be fair, he was shunted out wide by a signing that didn't work out as well as I'd hoped...

Alex Finney - still a great player.

Simos Tsakiridis - pushed Judge out to right back mainly. He did well, but not as well as Judge did last year, so only a limited success. But his attributes are better than Finney's!

Ashley Lovell - completes the back four - and it is telling that the back four are the only key players this year. Did a good job.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - no new inductees.

Key Records Broken

Most Games Without Scoring: 5 - 5th December to 30th December

Youngest Player: 17y21d - Byron Ekoku v Grimsby, 1st September (goalscorer on 13.10.20 at 17y63d)

Oldest Player: 32y199d - James Mulley v Marine, 10th April (goalscorer on same day)

None this year. I managed to keep hold of everyone - although had it turned out differently, I might not even have held on to my job! Both Richards and Lucas (aged 27, the pair of them) retired rather than finding another club, having featured here last year against my wishes. Annoying.

Next season, having kept hold of our four best players in Judge, Finney, Lovell and Tsakiridis, it shouldn't be quite so tough to stay up. I'm hoping for a nice dull season where we finish slap bang in the middle of the table!

Targets for 2020/21

Safety by the start of April. FAILURE although the two wins in three days at the start of April made safety all but secure.

At least two new signings on the "key players" roster - legitimately. FAILURE - just the one (Tsakiridis). But luckily he is staying on.

Closer to playoff place than relegation (very ambitious). MASSIVE FAILURE - 6 clear of relegation, 26 from playoffs. Although, to be fair, I set this target before Richards and Lucas jumped ship. After that, it was never going to happen.

Targets for 2021/22 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Sixty points.

At least two new signings on "key players" roster.

Closer to playoff place than relegation (very ambitious).

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10033072&viewfull=1#post10033072"]2018/19[/url]     Blue Square South          4th      74       Promoted via playoffs.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10046905&viewfull=1#post10046905"]2019/20[/url]     Blue Square Premier       19th      50       None.
[url=""]2020/21[/url]     Blue Square Premier       20th      51       None.

WH%20logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2021/22 | Blue Square Premier (Predicted: 24th)

It wasn't always as smooth as the table suggests. Relegation was a real possibility a few times during the season. But the team pulled together, Fenton-Goss got some big goals for us, and we got over the line with room to breathe. A change in formation seems to have made a big difference.

Cup Runs. The York defeat was a lot better than it looks - I took the lead, had more possession and more shots, just conceded three goals in a shocking 10 minutes or so either side of half time. It was a game we probably should have won, in fact.

Key Players

Alex Finney* - back to his best and beyond. Totally dominated the league this year, the best player in the squad by a country mile.

Simos Tsakiridis - we've seen before that Finney alone isn't always enough - Simos' contribution is vital, too.

Carl Fenton-Goss - not consistent enough, but scores crucial goals, and 18 goals isn't a bad return.

William Miller - finally came good this season, double figures in assists and a contribution in goals too.

Adam Donovan Akhazzan - his natural wing-back attributes meant that the transition to a new formation relied on him hugely and he stepped up.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Richard, Mackenzie and Whitehouse inducted.

Key Records Broken

Highest League Finish: 13th in Blue Square Premier

Most League Apps for the Club: Salomon Sambou - 306, extending his record.

Most League Goals for the Club: Carl Fenton-Goss - 82, overtaking Joe Pigott with his 71st goal.

Biggest Defeat: 5-0 v Forest Green, 29th January

Highest Gate Receipts: £30k v York City, FA Cup 1st Round, 6th November (beating the previous high of £20k against Dartford in a 4th Qualifying Round game).

Oldest Player: 33y200d - James Mulley v Salisbury (H), 18th April

STEVE WHITEHOUSE

Never lived up to his attributes and was overpaid so was time to go.

APPS: 76, CONC: 107, CLN: 18, MoM: 1, AvR: 6.71

Targets for 2021/22

Sixty points. SUCCESS - a good run at the end of the season got us over theline.

At least two new signings on "key players" roster. FAILURE - only Liam Bryan was even vaguely regular and he wasn't as good as Miller who I thought he would replace.

Closer to playoff place than relegation (very ambitious). SUCCESS - although it was close, the last day decided it.

Targets for 2022/23 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

More points than last year.

Playoff place: only six points away this year so why not?

Improve goalkeeper and striker, two positions I've had issues with.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10046905&viewfull=1#post10046905"]2019/20[/url]     Blue Square Premier       19th      50       None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10049068&viewfull=1#post10049068"]2020/21[/url]     Blue Square Premier       20th      51       None.
[url=""]2021/22[/url]     Blue Square Premier       13th      65       None	.

WH%20logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2022/23 | Blue Square Premier (Predicted: 21st)

Probably my most disappointing season to date. I really thought we were on for a promotion place after an October that saw us win six out of seven games (if you include the last game in September too). But then from mid-November, we got five wins and four draws in 21 games: 19 points from a possible 63. So, although a good run at the end of the season saw us match last season's points tally, I am fairly disappointed. Seven points further off the playoffs than last year, and though we were closer to the playoffs than relegation, it should have been better.

Cup Runs. Not a prority, particularly, but I would like to get a big away tie at a large team and so I'm hoping for better first (and possibly second) round FA Cup draws so that I can get at least a Championship away tie soon.

Key Players

Alex Finney - decent but not as good as he has been.

Simos Tsakiridis* - seems to be taking it in turns with Finney to be the top defender. Super season.

Nathaniel Judge - become a genuine wing-back in our new formation now, doing a decent job bombing up and down the wings.

Soloman Sambou - much improved - twenty assists is superb from the club's all-time leading appearance-maker.

Danny Rice - a great loan signing from Luton who really stepped up. Might see if I can get him back next year. EDT: Won't be needed. I've just managed to get Danny Ings (only 31) as player-scout, and he's found Fraser Calder who is probably the best player I've ever signed for Whitehawk....

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Tsakiridis inducted. CFG now has over 100 goals in all competitions, a great achievement.

Key Records Broken

Biggest Win: 7-0 v Cambridge (A), 8th October

Most Assists: 20 - Soloman Sambou, beating Brett Lucas' 16 in 2017

Highest League Finish: 12th in Blue Square Premier

Worst Discipline: 12y2r - Adam Donovan Akhazzan

Most Apps for Club (extended): 350 - Soloman Sambou

Most Goals for Club (extended): 97 - Carl Fenton-Goss

Highest Average Attendance: 1,304

SOLOMAN SAMBOU

I didn't want him to leave, but I couldn't pay him enough to keep him. I might try to get him back if he doesn't find a new club by September. He got me 20 assists this season!

APPS: 379, GLS: 13, ASSTS: 53, MoM: 11, AvR: 6.97

Targets for 2022/23

More points than last year. FAILED - a poor run cost us that, although I got the exact same number.

Playoff place: only six points away this year so why not? FAILED, although with the 5th placed team getting seven points more this year, it would have been hard.

Improve goalkeeper and striker, two positions I've had issues with. QUALIFIED SUCCESS - Cheadle was the best keeper I've had this year, while my two strikers got 33 goals between them which compares to 30 last year. Marginally better although no new signings.

Targets for 2023/24 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Break the 70 point mark.

Be at least in the hunt for a playoff place in March.

Sign a new striker who scores at least 20 goals. (This would almost certainly get us promoted, I reckon: and in Danny Ings who is already in, I think I've found that striker)

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10049068&viewfull=1#post10049068"]2020/21[/url]     Blue Square Premier       20th      51       None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10062408&viewfull=1#post10062408"]2021/22[/url]     Blue Square Premier       13th      65       None.
[url=""]2022/23[/url]     Blue Square Premier       12th      65       None.

WH%20logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2023/24 | Blue Square Premier (Predicted: 16th)

We really threw it away in the league this season. We started really well but 14 points from the last 14 games and just four in the last six cost us the chance of at least improving this year. I really thought with the marquee signing of Danny Ings, I would be a real contender, but he was a disappointment.

Cup Runs. Whitehawk go to Wembley!

The Final:

WOW! What a game! It was horrific, but at the end...wow!

Key Players

Alex Finney - back to his best, more or less.

Simos Tsakiridis* - even better. Really hoping I can get him to sign a contract before the end of his contract.

Nathaniel Judge - impressive performances down the right. Although it's odd that despite such great performances from the defenders, we still have a fairly poor defensive record.

Fraser Calder - got better and better sthrough the season and I hope he can be even better next year. His attributes are sensational.

Carl Fenton-Goss - 31 goals! Oustanding from CFG who is close to becoming the second bona fide legend alongside Finney (though I would say all five of these players could be).

Danny Ings - involved in more goals (22, combining goals and assists) than anyone except CFG.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Cheadle inducted on the bench.

Key Records Broken

Most League Appearances: Alex Finney - 382, overtaking the recently-departed Sambou when he made his 351st. It was always likely to happen!

Most League Goals: (Extended) Carl Fenton-Goss - 119

Highest Attendance: 2,441 v Cheltenham (FA Trophy Semi-Final), 17th February. Beating 1,897 v Dover in 2018.

Highest Average Attendance: 1,357, overtaking 1,304 from two years ago.

Biggest Defeat: 7-2 v Crawley (A), FA Cup 1st Round, 11th November

Most Goals in a Season: 29 - Carl Fenton-Goss, beating Joe Pigott's 23 in 2015.

MICHAEL SANT

Did a good job in the BSS but was never BSP standard.

APPS: 175, GLS: 60, ASSTS: 24, MoM: 6, AvR: 7.04

Targets for 2023/24

Break the 70 point mark. FAILED

Be at least in the hunt for a playoff place in March. FAILED - although it was a remote possibility still.

Sign a new striker who scores at least 20 goals. PARTIAL SUCCESS - Fenton-Goss' improvement meant that the 12 goals Ings contributed was not as bad as it sounds but I needed a bit more really.

Targets for 2024/25 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Break the 70 points mark

Playoff place possible at the start of April

Reach the FA Cup 3rd Round

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10062408&viewfull=1#post10062408"]2021/22[/url]     Blue Square Premier       13th      65       None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10064465&viewfull=1#post10064465"]2022/23[/url]     Blue Square Premier       12th      65       None.
[url=""]2023/24[/url]     Blue Square Premier       15th      60       FA Trophy Winners.

WH logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2024/25 | Blue Square Premier (Predicted: 16th)

Wow. What a rollercoaster. We were coasting into the playoffs, and possible more, until mid-January. Then we went on a horror run of picking up just nine points in ten league games. Even then, a playoff place was well within our grasp, even if automatic promotion had gone. But consecutive home 1-0 defeats put paid to that - although a win on the final day WOULD have been enough. Gutted. Still, we have now turned professional. We have also increased the scouting range to the whole of the UK.

Cup Runs.Exciting news this year, as we had our first big giant-killing, beating Sheffield United 1-0. We were rewarded with an easy 3rd round tie and then a plum draw! Man City away! It was like Christmas come a little early! 700k bank balance boost from that game alone!

Key Players

Alex Finney - still getting better, and totally reliable.

Simos Tsakiridis* - now my best player by some distance. He's got a great partnership with Finney but is no longer the junior partner in it.

Nathaniel Judge - totally adapted to his new position as a right wing back now, but he is still capable of stepping into the shoes of a central defender when needed.

Fraser Calder - 17 assists and a massive 71 key passes. That's more than twice the second placed player (CFG).

Carl Fenton-Goss - a bit of a let down, 12 goals fewer than last season, but he's still the best striker I have.

Adam Donovan Akhazzan - contributes both defensively and going forward, and his versatility is useful, meaning that if either full back gets injured, I'm always covered.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Akhazzan inducted. Fenton-Goss passes the 150 goal mark.

Key Records Broken

Highest Attendance: 3,299 v Sheff Utd, FA Cup 2nd Round, 30th November.

Highest Gate Receipts: £65,000 v Sheff Utd, FA Cup 2nd Round, 30th November.

Highest Transfer Fee Paid: £50,000 for Dan Hewitt from Charlton, 1st January.

Highest League Finish: 7th in Blue Square Premier

Highest Average Attendance: 1,544, almost 200 more than in 2023.

None of significance this year.

Targets for 2024/25

Break the 70 points mark SUCCESS - JUST.

Playoff place possible at the start of April SUCCESS - and a win on the final day would have got us that playoff place.

Reach the FA Cup 3rd Round SUCCESS - including a stunning giantkilling - my first big one. And the City game will finance me for a long time.

Targets for 2025/26 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Playoff place.

Sign a new striker as good as Fenton-Goss or better.

Make a profit again.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10064465&viewfull=1#post10064465"]2022/23[/url]     Blue Square Premier       12th      65       None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10066608&viewfull=1#post10066608"]2023/24[/url]     Blue Square Premier       15th      60       FA Trophy Winners.
[url="http://2025/25"]2024/25[/url]     Blue Square Premier        7th      70       Giantkilling (FAC - Sheff Utd, L1).

WH logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2025/26 | Blue Square Premier (Predicted: 12th)

A change of formation at the start of the year intended to give us more firepower up front backfired, as I signed two expensive wingers who didn't perform and I soon reverted to my wingerless previous formation. They were a massive waste of money, but it was definitely a correct decision to revert, and it immediately arrested our nine match winless run, and replaced it with a record breaking unbeaten and winning run. But after that, we were so inconsistent that at one point a relegation fight looked possible. And then March hit. Six wins and a draw in seven games from 28th February and we set with three games left - two at home - just two points behind Morecambe and Dagenham & Redbridge in the final two playoff spots. Three games left and I figured seven points might be enough to get us a playoff spot.

It turned out that four from the first two gave us a chance of getting that spot. Both Barrow and Morecambe could only draw their games in hand. This meant that a win in our final game against Aldershot was guaranteed to see us finish fifth because Morecambe and Barrow were playing each other. There was no realistic scenario that would see us finish 4th - it would involve a draw in the other game and a nine goal win for us. But that didn't bother me.

Knowing that a win would get us a playoff place, I didn't bother checking the other score. Within half an hour, we had taken the lead. The promising Dan Ashmore getting the opener. Unfortunately, we were pegged back shortly before half-time and went into the final 45 minutes of the regular season knowing that we needed to score. We didn't play with the urgency that would usually lead to, though. And it wasn't until the 82nd minute that McCourt, the signing of the season without a shadow of a doubt, popped up at the far post to tuck the winner away. The rest of the game passed without a single incident (which was good for my nerves), and I was preparing for my first BSP playoffs!

Morecambe, it turned out, had got a last minute winner against Barrow and though I'm sure that settled their manager's nerves, it actually made no difference because it would have been them in 4th either way, albeit only on goal difference from Whitehawk.

THE PLAYOFFS

It was to be Rotherham in the semi. Because we finished 5th, it was the home leg first. And my decision to go with the in-form Ashmore alongside McCourt paid off. Both scored in the first half and we went in at half-time 2-0 up and cruising. We held our lead fairly easily for 40 minutes before Rotherham grabbed a goal in the final minute of normal time to make the second leg slightly more difficult for us.

In the second leg, Rotherham had a goal disallowed and saw a penalty saved in the first ten minutes. Somehow we withstood the barage and got to half-time with our lead intact. But it didn't last. With 20 minutes to go, Rotherham equalised on aggregate through Sinclair. But with away goals not counting double, I was happy to sit a bit and allow the game to unfold. McCourt missed a sitter on 78' to win the game for us, and within seconds, Sinclair did likewise. Neither chance was converted. McCourt had an even better chance on 83', and it felt like we were missing too many chances to get to the final. He did it again with just 2 and a half minutes to go. It was driving me nuts to see us create so many chances without converting. A free header from the resulting corner went wide.

Finally, in the second minute of extra time, the ball fell to Hewitt. He barely missed a chance all season - and he didn't miss this one. Could we hold on, with a 3-2 aggregate lead? Rotherham had two golden chances, one in each half of extra-time. But both went wide of Cheadle's far post. After 120 minutes, Whitehawk's players ran to the fans! We were going to Wembley again! We won the FA Trophy there 2 years before - could we make it two out of two at the famous ground?

Find out for yourself! Sorry - I was too excited to commentate!

Cup Runs. After a fabulous win in a replay against Wrexham - a solid mid-table side in league 1, Leeds away wasn't as good as City last year but it still gave us a windfall. Before the game, I convinced my board to use the money to improve our facilities. We then took the lead at Elland Road! It was never going to last, but it felt good at the time, and to take them back to the Enclosed Ground was a stunning achievement. £200k not £700k, but bringing them back for a replay can only have increased our reputation, and the replay was televised! We only lost it in the last ten minutes, too! It covered most of our huge losses from some disastrous big-money signings (totalling £170k in transfer fees alone) in the summer.

Key Players

Alex Finney - just starting to fall away, and I have my doubts about his ability to step up to League Two: I will be looking to sell him I think.

Simos Tsakiridis* - will forever be remembered as the skipper who led us to league status.

Nathaniel Judge - should be able to hold down a place in League Two at right back although he'll never be good enough as a DC again.

Greg McCourt - he was the difference. 26 goals and he's only 22. I have high hopes.

Dan Hewitt - second top-scorer AND leading assister. He and McCourt were the main reasons. Exactly 100 key passes. Second placed Guy Richmond made just 36 (although to Richmond's credit he did have less than half the time on the pitch than Hewitt did).

The team of the year

The historical best XI - No new inductees this year. But I'd expect there to be some changes in the coming years, looking at some of the players coming in.

Key Records Broken

Highest Transfer Fee Paid: £55,000 for Daniel Ashmore from Cambridge, 13th August (but watch this space - there might be more coming).

Highest Total Spending: £180,000

Most Games Won in a Row: 6 - 21st October to 11th November.

Most Games Without Losing: 12 - 4th October to 22nd November. (But we are now on a run of 13 games without defeat which will carry over into next season)

Highest Attendance: 3,876 in the FA Cup 3rd Round Replay against Leeds, beating the 3,299 set against Sheffield United last season. More Yorkshire-based teams, please!

Highest Attendance (broken again): 4,000 (capacity), Playoff Semi-Final First Leg, 22nd April.

Highest Average Attendance: 1,633 beating last season's 1544.

Highest Gate Receipts: £80,000 in the Leeds game, beating £65k in the same Sheffield United tie last year.

Highest League Position: 5th in BSP

Most League Appearances (extended): Alex Finney - 467

Most League Goals (extended): Carl Fenton-Goss - 143

WILLIAM MILLER

Was a good player for me but I've outgrown him.

APPS: 275, GLS: 40, ASSTS: 46, MoM: 11, AvR: 6.99

DANNY INGS

Never really did as much as I was hoping he would.

APPS: 79, GLS: 24, ASSTS: 11, MoM: 2, AvR: 6.85

Next season, we will be playing at Broadfield Stadium, home of Crawley, because the stadium will be made all-seater at a cost of £304k. A necessary evil, unfortunately. But the best news it that in six months (at a cost of £150k), we will have new training facilities.

Targets for 2025/26

Playoff place. SUCCESS - and we won them!

Sign a new striker as good as Fenton-Goss or better. SUCCESS - arguably two! McCourt for sure, but Ashmore isn't far off.

Make a profit again. FAILURE - but I'd take a small loss and promotion any day!

Targets for 2026/27 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Improve the DM position.

Get into a good position to avoid relegation by January.

Another big-money cup run.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10066608&viewfull=1#post10066608"]2023/24[/url]     Blue Square Premier       15th      60       FA Trophy Winners.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10080053&viewfull=1#post10080053"]2024/25[/url]     Blue Square Premier        7th      70       Giantkilling (FAC - Sheff Utd, L1).
[url="http://2025/26"]2025/26[/url]     Blue Square Premier        5th      76       Promoted via playoffs.

WH logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2026/27 | nPower Football League Two (Predicted: 23rd)

A season of runs, usually short-lived. Up to the end of December, it looked like we'd have a real fight on our hands to stay up, but then we won eight games out of twelve from the turn of the year, and suddenly we had an outside chance of promotion. It never looked lickely, and from mid-March, our form deserted us and though we were well clear of relegation, we ended up drifting, in terms of league position, only just above it. However, we were effectively safe in February and probably mathematically safe sometime in March, and that's impressive.

Cup Runs. Disappointing to go out to Accrington of our own league when Chelsea were waiting in round 5 - albeit at home. Still, I can't complain having got to the 4th round.

Key Players

Alex Finney - I didn't think he could do it but he proved me wrong. 29 key tackles and not at fault for a single goal all year.

Simos Tsakiridis - continues to be a rock in our defence, although some mistakes did creep into his game.

Nathaniel Judge* - made the step up with ease - not sure what my assistant is thinking having him at only 2.5 stars.

Greg McCourt - 26 goals got us promoted. 27 goals kept us up. What a season for McCourt - and he signed a five year deal, although he didn't then go on to win the golden boot (as he did in my first run-in which was lost when my PC shut down.

Mickey Naylor - my best new signing by miles - kept the likes of Fraser Calder out of the side. 97 key passes in just 39 starts!

The team of the year

The historical best XI - McCourt comes in. How he hasn't got ahead of Sant despite being just three goals behind him in barely half the number of appearances is beyond me.

Key Records Broken

Most Games Without Losing (started last year): 14 - 28th Feb last year to 5th August.

Highest League Position: 16th in League Two

Most League Appearances (extended): Alex Finney - 506

Most League Goals (extended): Carl Fenton-Goss - 147

Youngest Player: Ryan Roberts - 16y209d v Blackburn (H), 5th August

Highest Transfer Income: £1k - not sure how, because I still haven't sold a single player for cash, but somehow that happened (maybe a sell-on fee?).

A big one this year...

CARL FENTON-GOSS

It's sad, but he was asking for £80,000 a year, which for a player who managed just four goals in 18 starts, just wasn't going to happen. Leading scorer in my time so far at Whitehawk, his 147 league record extended to 168 overall.

APPS: 430, GLS: 168, ASSTS: 61, MoM: 24, AvR: 6.97

DAN CHEADLE

The best keeper I've had so far was poached by Morecambe at the end of the season. But I have a better replacement!

APPS: 264, CONC: 339, CLN: 77, MoM: 0, AvR: 6.92

Targets for 2026/27

Improve the DM position. FAILED - I bought Patrick Kelly who my assistant really rated, but he didn't fulfil that and Mark Richards is still the best DM we have - it needs improving.

Get into a good position to avoid relegation by January. SUCCESS - I was outside the relegation zone - although my form was promotion-worthy from February onwards! Had I beaten Port Vale at home in the penultimate game, I'd have ended up closer to the automatic promotion spots than relegation!

Another big-money cup run. FAILED - we got to the fourth round but we played teams in our league or below exclusively. We had drawn Chelsea in the fifth round as the Accrington game was postponed, but it was at home so it wasn't such a big miss to lose to Accrington.

Targets for 2027/28 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Aim to be closer (in terms of points) to automatic promotion than relegation (this year 21 above relegation, 25 below promotion).

Halve the gap to the playoffs to 7 points.

A player who plays at least 20 games at DM to get an average rating of 7 or above.

The board has also decided without prompting to expand the stadium now, which is a nice thing to see - although 1,000 seats isn't exactly a massive improvement.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10080053&viewfull=1#post10080053"]2024/25[/url]     Blue Square Premier        7th      70       Giantkilling (FAC - Sheff Utd, L1).
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10081623&viewfull=1#post10081623"]2025/26[/url]     Blue Square Premier        5th      76       Promoted via playoffs.
[url="http://2026/27"]2026/27[/url]     nPower League Two         18th      58       Closer to playoffs than relegation in first season!

WH logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2027/28 | nPower Football League Two (Predicted: 21st)

I surprised myself this season. I was thinking a mid-table finish would be progress, and I would have been happy with that. In the end there was a tinge of regret that I didn't get automatic promotion. 1 point from four games in February and the start of March was crucial - six points more would have got us promoted automatically. As it was, I just missed out, but to get to the playoffs in my second season as a league side was incredible.

THE PLAYOFFS

Semi-Final, First Leg - Southend United at Roots Hall

A wonder striker from Dan Hewitt got us off to a great start in the tie on the half-hour mark. We had, at that stage, 60% of the possession. It stayed that way until half-time. By the hour mark, we had ceded some possession, but Irishman Kieran Whelan popped up and we had a 2-0 lead with half an hour to go in the away leg! Fraser Calder got injured with 13 minutes to go and Dean Halls, the unsuccessful DM loanee, was forced onto the pitch. He was brought over in the box and it seemed he had won a penalty but the ref's arm pointed instead to the corner flag. Nothing came of it - but a 2-0 win in the away leg of the playoff semi-final was more than I expected and a great start.

Semi-Final, Second Leg - Southend United at The Enclosed Ground

Dreamland 13 minutes in. Kieran Whelan, the Irish Assassin, put the game more or less beyond doubt already. When Akhazzan scored on the stroke of half-time, the game really was over. The players were told to take a breather for the entire second half, and though Southend got a goal back n the hour mark, they were never going to score four, and although the two goals they got either side of the 90 minute mark were not ideal, the result was never really in doubt even after that, with just seconds remaining. I noticed afterwards that a mis-click had meant that Mark Richards, my long-serving defensive midfielder, had been in goal for the entire game! Oh well! No harm done.

WHITEHAWK GO TO WEMBLEY ONCE MORE

Final - Portsmouth at Wembley

It had to be Pompey. I was yet to beat them in seven previous meetings, although two of the three draws with them had come in the league this season, with the other in a friendly at the start of the year, so things had been going in the right direction. And of course, with a result necessary on the day, a draw would do and I would be happy to take my chances in a shoot-out if that's what it took. With Megras in goal, and NOT Richards, I led my team out at Wembley for the third time. The sun was (actually) shining, I felt fairly confident. Portsmouth got the ball in the back of our net in the 13th minute, but it was disallowed and I was just starting to think it COULD be my day. Then, five minutes before the break, Guy Richmond put a corner onto Simos Tsakiridis' head and we were 1-0 up at Wembley! He actually got injured five minutes into the second half, and in some way I was glad because it meant that fading stalwart, Alex Finney, could get onto the pitch at Wembley again. A lack of highlights in the rest of the game was great and after a minute more than the three allotted for stoppage time, WHITEHAWK WERE PROMOTED AGAIN!!! Portsmouth finally vanquished, and the timing was perfect. League Two ticked off after just TWO SEASONS!

Cup Runs. A fabulous win there over local rivals Brighton, who were a Premiership side for a couple of years and have consistently been told-half and in and around the playoff zone in the Championship. Then Orient in the FA Cup, leading eventually to a repeat of a couple of years ago and a 3rd round tie at the COMS. Half a million sorted my finances out for a while, even if the game wasn't much fun!

Key Players

Marcus Ball - the surprise of the season for me. He wasn't considered a first-team player and indeed didn't play even 3,000 minutes this year, but when he did he was superb - in under 75% of the time Tsakiridis spent on the pitch, he made 5 more key tackles..

Simos Tsakiridis* - Ball may have outdone him this year but he is still a key player for me and has been a stalwart in my rise through this division in just two years.

Kieran Whelan - versatility is a very big plus for him but he played more in the AMC position than up front and yet still got 16 goals, and the 18 assists he added to that made him among the biggest contributors to goals I've ever had.

Mickey Naylor - another great year for Naylor, with 16 assists and 72 key passes.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Fraser Calder inducted. Someone please explain how it is possible for Sant to be ahead of McCourt? Fewer appearances, more goals and a higher average rating!

Key Records Broken

Biggest Defeat: 8-0 v Man City (A), FA Cup 3rd Round, 5th January.

Highest Attendance: 5,000 v Southend, League Two Playoff Semi-Final Second Leg, 18th May.

Highest League Position: 5th in League Two

Most League Apps for the Club (extended): 521- Alex Finney

Highest Average Attendance: 3,083

MARK RICHARDS

Been a really good defensive midfielder for me and his final contribution was to get us through the second leg of the playoff semi final playing in goal. Legend.

APPS: 337, GLS: 4, ASSTS: 14, MoM: 4, AvR: 6.86

Targets for 2027/28

Aim to be closer (in terms of points) to automatic promotion than relegation (this year 21 above relegation, 25 below promotion). SUCCESS - by a country mile and just five points away from automatic promotion, I was actually disappointed not to get it. But who cares, I got promoted eventually!

Halve the gap to the playoffs to 7 points. EXCEEDED - got into the playoffs at least one year earlier than I anticipated and promoted at least two.

A player who plays at least 20 games at DM to get an average rating of 7 or above. FAILED - although I did have quite a large number of players who played 5-10 games getting over 7, I had no consistent DMs.

Targets for 2028/29 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Survival.

Stay in the black whilst improving the squad.

Make a profit.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10081623&viewfull=1#post10081623"]2025/26[/url]     Blue Square Premier        5th      76       Promoted via playoffs.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10086352&viewfull=1#post10086352"]2026/27[/url]     nPower League Two         18th      58       Closer to playoffs than relegation in first season!
[url="http://2027/28"]2027/28[/url]     nPower League Two          5th      74       Two giantkillings (C1C - Brighton, CH and FAC - Orient, L1), Promoted via playoffs.

WH logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2028/29 | nPower Football League One (Predicted: 24th)

This season really blew me away. If it weren't for a run of 2 points from four games in February and March, I would have been right up there fighting for automatic promotion. As it happened, an 83rd minute winner in the final game at home to Charlton was the margin by which I made the playoffs. In my first season, that was amazing - but the fact remains that automatic promotion was more than possible this year.

THE PLAYOFFS

Semi-Final, First Leg - Exeter at The Enclosed Ground

After 8 minutes, we were 1-0 down. By the 10 minute mark, it was level although both goals were scored by Exeter players. After half an hour, Dan Hewitt ran through the Exeter defence and we were 2-1 up. At half-time I told my team they could win this tie in the first leg, and seven minutes ito the second half, little Danny Desmond popped up at the near post from a free-kick, and we were 3-1 up. On the hour mark, Kieran Whelan made in 4-1 and Wembley filled our nostrils.

Semi-Final, Second Leg - Exeter at St James' Park

My second visit to St James' Park albeit a different one - this was perhaps less lucrative but as a game of football it was a million times more important. The 4-1 cushion was nice but we still needed to make sure as my team can blow hot and cold. And indeed, within the first ten minutes, we were a goal down.Exeter totally dominated the first half, and the goal that we had disallowed on the stroke of half-time would have been massively more than we deserved. Just after half-time, Calder was caught out and Exeter had a penalty. Our old nemesis Jeff Judge put it away and suddenly there was only a goal in it. And by the 66th minute, that had disappeared. 4-4 on aggregate. We had a good shout for a penalty with 20 minutes to go but only got a corner out of it. Then, with nine minutes to go, a wonderful ball by stalwart Nathan Judge put McCourt in, who found the far corner and sent the fans into raptures. Could we hold on? We definitely hadn't deserved it and 3-1 flattered us, but we held out!

WHITEHAWK GO TO WEMBLEY FOR A FOURTH TIME!

Final - Chester at Wembley

A fourth trip to Wembley was exactly what I wanted. To be honest, I felt promotion would be too soon after a single season in League One. I wasn't going to throw the game and of course I told my players to give their all, but deep down I really didn't mind if we screwed up the playoff final. We were massive underdogs, with Chester odds-on favourites. But my team was on such great form that I did feel that it was possible we could win and given that I didn't know how my squad would cope with Championship football, I toyed with the idea of playing a weakened side for fear of setting back our development by a year should we get relegated next year. But I decided that the cash we had taken from Newcastle (see below) combined with the Wembley money meant I could strengthen just about enough to stand a chance of Championship survival if we did win, so it was a full side. I knew that this would be the last game for several stalwarts. 28 minutes in, Kieran Whelan (him again!) put us 1-0 up! The championship was barely an hour away! Half-time came and went, and the team was holding their own. But within five minutes of the restart, it was 1-1. Back down to earth. And with 22 minutes to go, Chester scored from a volley outside the area. If you're going to lose a playoff final, I thought, that's the way to do so. We had a couple of chances, but it was Chester and not Whitehawk who were destined to move into the Championship this year. The £700k I bagged on playoff final day means I am now well-placed to sign some real quality for a bid for automatic promotion next year.

Cup Runs. The lucrative tie was Newcastle away this time - not quite as rich pickings as City, but not far off. Bring on United soon, please?! We didn't disgrace ourselves at St James' either - and we were in the game until the final whistle - indeed, we had a golden chance to take the Geordies back to Brighton for a replay, Whelan fluffing his lines in injury time.

Key Players

Nathaniel Judge* - the evergreen Nate Judge won almost twice as many player of the match awards as anyone else, had the highest rating by a country mile, and has overtaken Finney in terms of all time appearances, although not league yet.

Dan Hewitt - I have no excuse for playing him only 22 times this season. He was so much better than every other player used in his position, he should have played 40.

Marcus Ball - now the key defender in the side without a doubt.

Kieran Whelan - 21 goals and 42 key passes. Can feel hard-done-by not to have won player of the year.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - no new inductees, but I wish Michael Sant would fall down off this list!

Key Records Broken

Highest Gate Receipts: £90,000 v Altrincham, FA Cup First Round, 28th October.

Fastest Goal: 21 seconds by Fraser Calder v Blackpool, 31st October.

Highest League Position: 6th in League One

Most League Appearances (extended): Alex Finney - 530

Highest Average Attendance: 4,188, exceeding 3,083 in 2026/27

ADAM DONOVAN AKHAZZAN

Bizarre name, but a half-decent player although his attributes never suggested it.

APPS: 294, GLS: 16, ASSTS: 20, MoM: 5, AvR: 6.96

We've now had a board takeover, including some cash and upgrades to the training and youth systems at the club. This could be Whitehawk's time!

Targets for 2028/29

Survival. MASSIVE OVER-ACHIEVEMENT - we challenged for automatic promotion and ended up getting a massive windfall from a Wembley playoff final. Easily my biggest single-season achievement on FM.

Stay in the black whilst improving the squad. SUCCESS - fairly obviously.

Make a profit. SUCCESS - my biggest ever, it was over £1m immediately after Wembley.

Targets for 2029/30 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Promotion.

Automatic Promotion.

At least four new signings of Championship quality.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10086352&viewfull=1#post10086352"]2026/27[/url]     nPower League Two         18th      58       Closer to playoffs than relegation in first season!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10091252&viewfull=1#post10091252"]2027/28[/url]     nPower League Two          5th      74       Two giantkillings (C1C - Brighton, CH and FAC - Orient, L1), Promoted via playoffs.
[url=""]2028/29[/url]     nPower League One          6th      70       Playoff Finalists.

WH logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2029/30 | nPower Football League One (Predicted: 19th)

A terrible performance at home against Exeter three games before the end of the season really put paid to our automatic promotion chances despite being in second for roughly half of the season. Another abysmal performance at 18th-placed Hartlepool meant that we went into the last day needing a point to guarantee a playoff spot again. Two late goals against Altrincham combined with Peterborough's halving of the deficit against Charlton meant that we were just one Posh goal away from finishing 3rd and playing Luton and not Orient in the Semi-Final. Either way, it always looked like Charlton were the main threats to our promotion bid. Could I make it to Wembley again?

THE PLAYOFFS

Semi-Final, First Leg - Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road

Restrict opposition to just one shot on target all game, get a goal just after half-time. Perfect away performance, more or less.

Semi-Final, Second Leg - Leyton Orient at The Enclosed Ground

Although I felt the squad was now just about good enough to go up, I still felt that this game more than the Wembley match was our season-definer. The lucrative nature of the final meant that I really wanted to be there, but winning it was secondary to being there in the first place. This time, unlike last year, we were hot favourites. And we got to half-time with our goal still intact which was more or less what I had hoped for. It meant one goal in the second half ought to put the tie to bed. As it turned out it wasn't needed: this game was one of just two highlights from the FM "key" match engine: kick off and the final whistle.

WHITEHAWK GO TO WEMBLEY FOR A FIFTH TIME!

Final - Chester at Wembley

Yet another trip to Wembley. This was made extra special, though, before the game when Alex Finney confirmed his retirement. Having decided to retire at the start of the season, he was a bit-part player for much of the season but his form in the second half was so good that I ended up wishing I could have another couple of years from him. But I was determined his time at the club should end with triumph under the arch. It was indeed to be Charlton, who had overcome Luton 3-1 on aggregate to reach the final. It was, of course, a game to banish much of the debt that I had racked up this year (the board had injected £2m which made the finances look far better than they were), because I intentionally went for broke to try to get promotion this year, but it hadn't worked as well as it might have and with the board's cash injection, it wasn't absolutely essential either - I did feel that another year in League One wouldn't have hurt - but if only for Finney, I really wanted this.

Oh.

Finney did a strange one, retiring before the playoff final! And he totally retired too - meaning his exact stats will never be known. Which is really upsetting. He had said he was hoping to be a scout and I would certainly have given him that role. But it wasn't to be.

So I dedicated the final to his honour.

The Alex Finney Memorial Play-Off Final

The only change to the team was in defence - the small matter of Finney's retirement meant that Jon Almond played at his newly-acquired right wing back position with Nate Judge filling in for his retired best-mate Finney at centre-back. And it was, of course, inevitable that he would pop up in the box after less than six minutes to grab the first goal at Wembley. We sat back a bit and made it to half-time, but I wanted a cushion so I gave the boys an impassioned plea to tear Charlton apart, and sent them out with an attacking mentality to start the second half. It almost backfired, with Charlton having two golden chances in the first ten minutes of the half. It continued to be one-way traffic a way that worried me since we had definitely shaded the first period, so I switched to a defensive style and tried to shut the game out. With Charlton desperate for an equaliser, Fraser Calder broke away with ten to go and sealed our place in the Championship next year.

PROMOTED AGAIN! This football league malarkey is proving a right doddle. Four years, two promotions!

Cup Runs. Nothing special, really, although I went out of two competitions at the hands of teams in my division which was sad. And Burnley were a giant-killing waiting to happen!

Key Players

Jim McCrink* - signing centre-backs seems to be my forte in this game and this guy seems to be a real gem: possibly my best since Finney. An awesome debut season.

Nathaniel Judge - had he not retired before I could take a screenshot, I'm certain Finney would have been here. Judge was also outstanding so let his nomination serve for both these stalwarts.

Mickey Naylor - SEVENTY key passes from Naylor at the grand old age of 32. He'll be starting in the Championship, albeit probably just for one year.

Gareth Beeney - came in on loan in January and was an absolute revelation. Will be trying to sign him to a permanent deal as he is out of contract but I fear his wages will be out of our reach.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Hewitt and Megras inducted, with McCourt finally replacing Michael Sant in the first XI. Megras could well displace Cheadle soonish, and Hewitt is a far better player than Will Miller ever was. Should be in within 12 months. But it's starting to have a decent look about it now. Ash Lovell doesn't belong in that first XI but other than that, I'd say that's close to what I'd pick as my first XI. I'd probably put Judge at WBR instead of Akhazzan and Tsakiridis in the middle, but as Judge has played most of his career at centre-back, it's understandable that he's there ahead of the Greek.

Key Records Broken

Highest Gate Receipts: £110k v Cambridge, FA Cup 1st Round, 10th November.

Highest Gate Receipts - broken again: £130k v Burnley, FA Cup 3rd Round, 5th January.

Highest League Position: 4th in League One

Highest Average Attendance: 4,584

The big one...

ALEX FINNEY

His sudden retirement, not even allowing me to check his career stats with the club, made me so frustrated I almost reloaded - and would have done if it weren't for the fact I hadn't saved it for six months of game time. I really am frustrated to say that I don't have his full stats - he is, without a doubt, THE player of this game so far. So much so that I have gone back through every season since he arrived to give you his full stats UP TO THIS SEASON - the final 21 appearances will never be recorded, to my eternal frustration. I hope the hour or so I spent putting these stats together up to his final season go some way to making up for it, Alex (he is actually a real player, so I hope he does appreciate this!).

APART FROM FINAL SEASON: APPS: 589, GLS: 32, ASSTS: 11, MoM: 102, AvR: 7.40

Having spent quite a while doing that, I want to just draw this to your attention. This is a centre-back, in a team which has been doing fairly well, having only spend three seasons really battling relegation, and yet he has managed a stellar average rating. That's quite special.

I do know that his final tally of appearances is at least 610 as he made 21 league appearances this year. The full tally is 614 as he appeared in the later of the cup games this year.

SIMOS TSAKIRIDIS

That's right - two massive stalwarts in the same year. But whilst Finney retired without my blessing, Tsakiridis was just surplus to requirements. He's been a great player for us, but it was time, particularly once promotion was secured. But his best years were my toughest: he was instrumental in finally making us a league team after a long time in the BSP - and he continued that into our short-lived days in League Two. Even in L1, he started to be eclipsed by better players, but he will be remembered as a good player who, if he hadn't had the misfortune of being paired for his entire career with Finney, would have been a legend. I really like the fact they had the exact same average rating (maybe this is the silver lining to losing Finney's final season's stats!).

APPS: 396, GLS: 32, ASSTS: 8, MoM: 60, AvR: 7.40

KIERAN WHELAN

Not as long-serving but arguably as important. He scored the goal that got us promoted to League One and indeed his 15 goals that year were crucial in our charge to the playoffs, and then again when he got 18 in 2029 to get us to the League One playoffs at the first time of asking. But this year, he was not as effective and there's no way he is a Championship player so I won't renew his contract.

APPS: 135, GLS: 48, ASSTS: 35, MoM: 8, AvR: 7.11

Targets for 2029/30

Promotion. SUCCESS

Automatic Promotion. FAILED due solely to a horrific run of two wins in eight games in March and April. Four wins in those eight games - any four wins - would have seen success in this target.

At least four new signings of Championship quality. WE'LL SEE - my assistant, whose JA is pretty good - rates Joseph as potentially a good Championship right back and McCrink a good Championship centre-back. That's two. But in Luckett, I think I found a left-back who can hold his own, too, and Jordan Beardsley has the potential to be a top quality target man. He definitely is NOT a right back!

Targets for 2030/31 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Survival.

Sign another four players of Championship quality.

Cup run to boost finances for a push for promotion after two seasons once again.

Next season, we'll be at a reduced capacity as the board has spent £231k with a necessary terrace conversion. Shame it won't increase the capacity but it does have to be done. The scouting range has finally been expanded and European players are now available to me.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10091252&viewfull=1#post10091252"]2027/28[/url]     nPower League Two          5th      74       Two giantkillings (C1C - Brighton, CH and FAC - Orient, L1), Promoted via playoffs.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10092665&viewfull=1#post10092665"]2028/29[/url]     nPower League One          6th      70       Playoff Finalists.
[url=""]2029/30[/url]     nPower League One          4th      74       Promoted via playoffs.

WH logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2030/31 | nPower Football League Championship (Predicted: 24th)

We started really well in the Championship and going into the 3rd round of the FA Cup against local rivals Brighton, I felt really good about the season. We lost that game. And then we didn't win again. Literally. For THREE AND A HALF MONTHS. A run of three points from eleven games saw a change of formation: I dropped the problematic DMC and switched to three at the back. It worked a treat, and 2nd placed Sunderland were dispatched 2-0 at the Stadium of Light. I wondered whether four wins from four at the end of the season with a new formation mightn't be the springboard for a promotion push next year, but it wasn't to be as we lost to Brentford next up. It's frustrating because I was looking like challenging for a playoff spot before the FA Cup 3rd Round. I'm not ready for the Premiership yet, but it would have been a real achievement to have reached the playoffs four years running in three different leagues! I forgot to take the screenshot of my position graph this year - but it took a major nosedive after the first half of the season!

Cup Runs. Nothing special here, although beating Leeds was nice.

Key Players

Patrick Lynch* - the leading creator was a player who was a bit-part player last year in League One. Big surprise. But he was good.

Nathaniel Judge - the only player to have played in every division so far, Judge has been a star, belying his age in the Championship.

Jim McCrink - made the step up really well.

Mickey Naylor - proved himself to be equally useful in the Championship!

Arturo Morandi - ridiculously, I picked him up from Juventus on a FREE transfer! His wages aren't cheap, but by god he's good!

Jack Smith - our bad run more or less precisely coincided with his long injury. If he's this good at 17 (which he was for most of the season), imagine what he'll be in 5-6 years!

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Naylor and Ball inducted.

Key Records Broken

Highest Transfer Fee Paid: £1,500,000 for Jack Smith from Newcastle, 26th July.

Highest Transfer Fee Received: £300,000 for Dion Sayer to Exeter, 6th January.

Highest Transfer Spending: £2,600,000

Highest Transfer Income: £575,000

Most Games Without Winning: 13 - 8th January to 12th April.

Most Games Lost in a Row: 5 - 19th October to 2nd November.

Highest League Position: 17th in the Championship.

Oldest Goalscorer: Mickey Naylor - 33y166d, v Sunderland (A), Championship, 15th April.

MARCUS BALL

A key part of the League Two promotion season, never quite cut it as a defensive midfielder, though, and I got so many top quality centre backs in that he is now surplus to requirements.

APPS: 139, GLS: 4, ASSTS: 4, MoM: 13, AvR: 7.20

Targets for 2030/31

Survival. SUCCESS with consummate ease. As soon as I signed Smith, I knew this would be a doddle.

Sign another four players of Championship quality. SUCCESS - written before the season began. Jack Smith was already a beast at 17, Neil Green had the physicals to dominate the midfield, and the others all had the potential to be stars. Then my scouts pulled up Arturo Morandi! And then in came Salva Arredondo on a FREE TRANSFER! Christmas came late! I'd add Gerster and probably Roisland to that list, too - this is a big yes.

Cup run to boost finances for a push for promotion after two seasons once again. FAILURE - but the spending I did this season was, with one exception, successful, and though I spent a lot, I feel the quality I have in the side is good enough to make it worthwhile - and so does my board, who have seen fit to give me another bumper transfer budget, they're clearly happy with debt! I was in debt for most of the season!

Targets for 2031/32 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Within 10 points of a playoff place.

Two new signings in key player roster.

Get £300,000 a year off the wage bill in cash sales.

Next season will be our last at the Enclosed Ground, with a decent capacity of 17,430 in a new stadium. Oddly enough, it will be called the Tsakiridis Arena. I would have put good money on the Finney Stadium, myself...although Tsakiridis Arena has a pleasingly absurd sound to it!

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10092665&viewfull=1#post10092665"]2028/29[/url]     nPower League One          6th      70       Playoff Finalists.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10095210&viewfull=1#post10095210"]2029/30[/url]     nPower League One          4th      74       Promoted via playoffs.
[url="http://2030/31"]2030/31[/url]     nPower Championship       17th      56       New stadium planned.

WH logo_thumb.jpg

Whitehawk | Season 2031/32 | nPower Football League Championship (Predicted: 23rd)

I don't usually cover my coaching. However, getting Tsakiridis in as a coach was quite special, especially with the stadium, named in his honour, due to open at the end of the season. On the pitch, we did improve, although perhaps not as much as I would have liked. The ten games either side of New Year saw us exit the cup at Carlisle and pick up just five league points. Our good end to the season meant that was the time we surrendered a playoff place, realisitically. Just twelve more points would have seen us get a spot. But there was definitely progress this year and that is something (and this despite serious financial difficulties which the signing last year of Smith caused).

Cup Runs. Pretty poor this year.

Key Players

Fraser Calder - unexpected entry here - but definitely deserved it. But he's 31 and wanted a lucrative move elsewhere I reckon, so he'll be off now.

Nathaniel Judge - still as good as ever.

Jim McCrink - retains his place after a good year despite some stiff competition for his place.

David Powell - equal top scorer, did a good job this year after not really starting the season as an automatic first choice.

Arturo Morandi - looking like a pretty good bit of business.

Jack Smith* - fewer goals this year and fewer assists but a higher average rating. Named the Championship's Young Player of the Year. At only 18 during the season, he's definitely going to be a key player for years to come - IF I can afford him. I can't, at least until my new budgets arrive. May have to sell.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - no new inductees - but just look at my centre-back pairing. Tough to beat, that!

Key Records Broken

Most League Appearances: Nathaniel Judge - 575, overtaking Finney's 551.

Fastest Goal Scored: 14 seconds, David Powell v Birmingham City (H), 17th February.

Oldest Player: 34y51d - Nathaniel Judge v Burnley (A), 24th April.

Highest Transfer Fee Received: £525,000 for Johannes Gerster to Norwich, 8th January.

Highest League Position: 13th in the Championship

Highest Average Attendance: 4,829 - beating 4,584 in 2028/29. It will be significantly broken next year!

MILES DONALDSON

He was good, but he never managed to unseat Nate Judge permanently, and with money low, I wanted him off the wage bill and selling him freed up a couple of hundred thousand.

APPS: 92, GLS: 5, ASSTS: 11, MoM: 2, AvR: 7.17

MICKEY NAYLOR

Managed to get a healthy sum for him - a great player for me, but I had others coming in who were just as good.

APPS: 210, GLS: 19, ASSTS: 53, MoM: 16, AvR: 7.30

AHMED MEGRAS

He was my best 'keeper to date. But it was time for him to move on with others coming through.

APPS: 194, CONC: 252, ASSTS: 59, MoM: 0, AvR: 6.96

GUY RICHMOND

Has been in the shadow of Calder and others for most of his career but he was key in League Two and the first season of League One.

APPS: 168, GLS: 5, ASSTS: 25, MoM: 7, AvR: 7.03

GREG McCOURT

The main man in getting us finally promoted from the BSP and then surviving in league two. Gradually faded from there but still managed close to a century of goals for me.

APPS: 184, GLS: 92, ASSTS: 33, MoM: 17, AvR: 7.19

Targets for 2031/32

Within 10 points of a playoff place. FAILURE - just. 12 points away. One win would have swung it.

Two new signings in key player roster. FAILURE - none. But I do have faith that I've signed a few players who will be there soon.

Get £300,000 a year off the wage bill in cash sales. SUCCESS - Mickey Naylor £125,000, Jordan Beardsley £160,000, Matt Mahon £88,000, and then Arredondo and Gerster on top of that (the cash sales in themselves netted £1m there). £425k/yr added to wage budget with new signings but even with the single cash purchase, that's only 1/3 of the cash brought in with sales, let alone those savings in wages.

Targets for 2032/33 - my top one will be a fairly attainable one, then one tougher one, and one "ideally" target.

Within 5 points of the playoffs.

Two new signings in key player roster.

Get Smith signed onto a long term deal.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319243-dafuge-s-FM13-challenge?p=10095210&viewfull=1#post10095210"]2029/30[/url]     nPower League One          4th      74       Promoted via playoffs.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/415925-FM13-Whitehawk-Down?p=10096734&viewfull=1#post10096734"]2030/31[/url]     nPower Championship       17th      56       New stadium planned.
[url="http://2030/31"]2031/32[/url]     nPower Championship       13th      61       None.

Archived