dafuge's FM13 challenge

There are three qualifications.

Continental Pro

Continental A

Continental B

Most people in the non leagues will either not have any qualifications at all or have the Continental B qualification.

However, the ones who don't have qualifications will probably study for the Continental B and get the qualification.

Basically, the least qualifications someone has, the more possible potential they have to improve.

Ah right Thanks! Yeah it was Continental B.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after almost 24 hours of trying to get Stourbridge, I decided to plum for =64962749&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1"]Concord Rangers.

They have a=64962749&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"] large squad that I'm going to have to sieve through, but Im ready to become a born again Essex boy and bring glory to to the Rangers!

Bognorregistownfc.png

XaW - Blue Square South - Season 2014/15

Table | Past positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

Since out "score more than the opposition"-mentality worked out pretty good last season, I continued on the same track this season. As you would assume it sometimes backfires and causes matches like this or this. Though other times it works and let me have matches like this and this. The season, however, progressed pretty well at first and we were comfortable mid-table. Just around new years we suddenly hit form and went 10 matches without losing while winning 9 of them. This rocketed us up the table and suddenly we found ourselves in the battle for promotion. We even had a brief stint at the top, but had to see us beat by 2 points by AFC Hornchurch. Still, we reached the playoffs, a great achievement for a club of our stature. We knocked out Bath quite easily winning both matches and progressed to the final. Our final opponent turned out to be Kingstonian, a club we beat in both matches during the season so far. It started as a fairly even game up until Kingstonian knocked in two quick goals to go into the break with a 2-0 lead. The second half started as the first ended, Kingstonian ruled everything and scored their 3rd goal in the 66th minute. I decided to go all out and made all 3 changes just after the goal, including putting on loanee winger Jack Mackreth. The next 10 minutes were just amazing as we scored 4 goals and held on to win it. I was just dumbfounded, and actually cheered out in my living room while the missus once again confirmed her suspicion that I'm ready for the looney bin. So it's the Blue Squad Premier for us next season.

In our second attempt at the FA Cup we did very good as we knocked out Frome, Chelmsford, Welling and AFC Telford before getting hammered 1-6 away to Shrewsbury in the 2nd round. Our almost-success in the FA Trophy last season gave me hope, but we didn't get further than the 1st round after beating Lewes before Ebbsfleet knocked us out.

Financially we are still losing some money, and we didn't have the cup run of last season to support us. There are still talks about takeover, but since the tycoon consortium stopped I've tried to ignore it until something materializes. We are going to have another expansion to the stadium. This time it's 900 seats.

Of the players who stood out this season I once again have to mention our top scorer Hicham Abdellah who scored 30 goals for us this season. I managed to get a hold of another great striker towards the end of the season in Adam Birchall who are way too good for this level. Lewis Stockford had another good season in midfield and we finally have a solid keeper in James Shea. Even though he conceded quite a lot of goals, and my tactic should take the blame for that, he rarely played poorly.

Season		Division	Position	FA Cup		Achievments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14		Blue Square S	10th		4th Q		FA Trophy runner-up, mid-table
2014/15		Blue Square S	2nd		2nd rnd		Promoted through play-off

Think I'm going back down this season. 5 matches in, 5 losses. Granted, most of them are close calls, but we still have 0 points after 5 matches and we sit rock bottom. Hopefully we can turn it around soon.

Edit: Who says complaining doesn't help?!? We won the 6th game just after posting this! Finally a win! We didn't deserve it, but I don't care, a win is a win is a win.

Hey, I know this is the wrong forum, but you guys seem to answer questions quickly enough...

Is there a way to send scouts to scout an entire club? To have all the players in a certain club scouted? Or do I have to get a scout report for every single one of the players?

That's good in the short term, but not great in the long term unless you can get promoted quickly.

Yeah, we're gonna pay £1k p/m from now on. We were losing money before and I don't see that change any time soon as I struggle for survival this season.

Hey, I know this is the wrong forum, but you guys seem to answer questions quickly enough...

Is there a way to send scouts to scout an entire club? To have all the players in a certain club scouted? Or do I have to get a scout report for every single one of the players?

I think you can do that by selecting the club and press the "Team report" button over the squad list.

Or you could use the multi select tool. View all of their players at once, highlight the first player then hold shift and highlight the last. Then get scout report.

Great, thanks! cmd/ctrl+A works as well, I discovered :D

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2075/76

Last season we won back the Champions League, but lost out in the domestic cups. Could this be the year it all comes together?

League Table

We didn't finish well, but we had opened up a big enough lead to afford a few losses.

Community Shield - the scoreline flattered them.

UEFA Super Cup - an easy win.

FIFA Club World Cup - completely one sided.

Capital One Cup - no problems, although we needed extra time in the final.

FA Cup - the sending off made it hard work, but once again we won in extra time in the final.

UEFA Champions League - after six straight wins in the group stage, we had the shakes in the knockout rounds. Three big wins saw us through, although we made a mess of the final.

Transfers - one out, one in.

Squad - we could do with the older players retiring, to allow the youngsters to come through.

Finances - a profit, but I'm struggling to find the finances for a new stadium.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - he's a legend, but he really needs to retire.

Reinhold Braun - top scorer, but missed the end of the season through injury.

Robert Ozimec - a great goal return for a second striker.

Stephen Howard - a stunning season for the winger.

Joe fuge - I'm keeping him here, but he's not good enough.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         NextGen series and CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, NextGen Series, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2063/64   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2070/71   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2071/72   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2072/73   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2073/74   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2074/75   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2075/76   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists

Next Season

It was looking like a clean sweep, but Man City ruined that. Next season we need to win the Champions League again.

Bognorregistownfc.png

XaW - Blue Square Premier - Season 2015/16

The season started horribly as we lost the first 5 matches before getting our first win. At that point it looked like we were going down again, but little by little we started getting in some win and draws. Slowly we climbed up the table and about half way into the season we found ourselves comfortably mid-table. We stayed there for the remained of the season not fearing relegation while too far away to compete for play-off. This season far surpassed my expectations for this season, as I thought we were going to fight hard for survival. During the season we actually had a 9 game streak without losing, but most of them were draws. As usual we continued our attacking tactic and scored quite the number of goals, and we also conceded a lot in some mathes. The highlight of the season was the amazing 2-0 win at home against Mansfield who ran away with the title early on.

We had another go at the FA Cup and managed to beat Braintree before losing away at Bury in the 1st round. In the FA Trophy we got a bit further beating Eastbourne Boro and Woking before losing to Gateshead in the 3rd round.

We made some money this season, but unfortunately most of it came from the loan the new board took during the takeover. I managed to increase the youth coaching while we had some money, but we are in dire need of some better youth and training facilities to get the most out of our players.

No player stood out as much as Abdellah have done the previous seasons, but the main one this season have been Akwasi Asante, out new striker, who seem to be quite injury prone unfortunately. Other notable players are Steve Diggin, who had another good season on the right wing, and Lewis Stockford who once again bossed the midfield.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16		Blue Square P	12th		1st rnd		Mid-table

Striker has a drought of goals for more than 500 minutes :(

Scores a hat trick and adds a 4th in an away game !

He then gets injured...

The person who replaced him scored a goal too !

Amazingly we only just won 5-4.

Blue square north has been madness ! :D

Kettering Town - Blue Square Bet North - 2013/14

I came in and the aims were mid table. I thought this was a good place to start and started putting ads for my coaching team

League Table

League Positions

First half of the season we maintained a long unbeaten record in the October to December period. However, once we got into the second half the losses kept coming and I thought the chance of promotion was completely gone. We got thumped 5-1 by Chester at one point so didn't fancy my chances against them in the playoffs. Luckily a narrow two legged win over Gainsborough in the semis gave us a final tie against Altrincham. It was here that I learnt that as I was the higher seeded team, I could play the final at home. This was important as our away form was a disaster. Whilst our home form saw us only losing twice the entire season. We beat Altrincham 1-0 and sealed the unexpected promotion.

FA Trophy - Shortwood were no problem to get past. We somehow managed to hold on to a draw against Hereford but lost eventually in extra time in the away leg.

FA Cup - Gateshead, dashing dreams of winning the league and qualifying for the FA Cup. I don't think I like this team.

Squad - A few with potential for the BSP. This includes the youth candidates that came in last year. Will not be offering some of the team new contracts though

Finances - Not the best financial situation but I've seen worse in this challenge. Hoping we can qualify for the FA Cup next year and get some league opposition to get the money flowing in.

Transfers - Didn't want to get rid of too much people. The wage budget may have been high but I still filled it up without having much depth. So I made the free transfers out a gradual process.

Key Player Profiles:

Charlie Collins - An extremely talented striker for this level. Had a spell of injury but came back to rack over 20 goals for the club. Has potential to be BSP Standard so I'll definitely offer a new contract. So he'll at least be backup if not first choice next season.

Remy Clerima - One of the few foreign players you can sign with the scouting restrictions. Remy was already BSP standard and made some crucial interceptions that may have saved us several points throughout the season. He did have a habit of switching off during team talks though !

Dane Griffiths - Had a good enough season. Like Collins did have his injuries but didn't score quite as much. He did set up most of Collin's goals though so his overall contribution may have been even higher.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet North     2nd         Promoted via playoffs

Next Season

A fantastic season which I expected to be mid table in. Next season survival is a must though you never know, I may surprise myself yet again !

160px-Wittonalbionfc.png

Witton Albion - 2013/14 - Blue Square North

Manager Profile

Club Info

Facilities

After recent failures on both Gundo's and LLR challenges I have decided to give this one a go for the first time ever.

I managed to get a club I actually used to play for come through the save.

Witton Albion

I used to play for them a few years ago before injury curtailed my career. I have decided to give this a go with them as I have a genuine passion and feeling for this club. I am hoping to give them some fantastic success

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2076/77

The possibility of a new stadium had got me concentrating on the finances, but we can't afford to lose out on the trophies by doing that. This season we wanted to win back the Champions League after losing to Manchester City in the final last year.

League Table

We weren't great, but we still managed to maintain a gap to second place.

Community Shield - it was a repeat of the Champions League final from last season.

Capital One Cup - we were looking good, until the final.

FA Cup - dominant in the early rounds, then struggled to a penalties win in the final.

UEFA Champions League - a really mixed set of results, which ended in defeat to Bayern.

Transfers - we made a big profit, but the squad suffered for it.

Squad - a number of injuries to key players meant our squad depth was really tested and ultimately cost us.

Finances - a decent profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - the legend bows out after 808 games for the clubs and 805 goals. Adding on his England goals means he scored a total of 1006 goals!

Sami El Taourghi - the youngster looks set to replace Braun as our number one striker.

Martin Nunez - another young striker making an impression.

Stephen Howard - he missed three months through injury which really cost us.

Joe fuge - filled in at left back a few times, I've not disowned him just yet.

Career Overview

2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, NextGen Series, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2063/64   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2072/73   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2073/74   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2074/75   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2075/76   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2076/77   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Capital One Cup finalists

Next Season

This season simply wasn't good enough. We need to keep our players fit so we don't have a repeat of this.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2077/78

With the new stadium announced, it was down to me to make sure we had a winning team worthy of playing in it. As we didn't even make the final last year, the Champions League was once again the priority.

League Table

We hit 100 points for the first time in a while, hopefully this is the start of another push towards an unbeaten season next time.

Community Shield - the scoreline flattered them.

Capital One Cup - we struggled against Grimsby, but we made it through to win in the final.

FA Cup - we were looking great, but had a shocker in the semi final.

UEFA Champions League - Barcelona gave us a scare in the semi final, but we made our way through to a comfortable win in the final.

Transfers - I took a gamble and sold our star striker in the hope of bringing someone younger through.

Squad - there are a few improvements I would like to make, but the players just aren't there to do it.

Finances - the financing for the new stadium is going to make things interesting for the next year before it is opened.

Key Player Profiles:

Sami El Taourghi - top scorer and still only 19.

Martin Nunez - another great striker.

Robert Ozimec - a superb season for the supporting striker.

Stephen Howard - brilliant as always.

Joe fuge - he's been asking for a transfer to play first team football, which leaves me a difficult decision to make. Do I sell him?

Career Overview

2076/77   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Capital One Cup finalists
2077/78   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

Hopefully some of the younger members of the squad will improve so I can start to move on some of the older players. I'm going to have to do something to keep the finances at a reasonable level.

dafuge, could you please explain the reason why international management is not allowed? Is it to do with it affecting your reputation? If I was to take the England job, would my achievement, should I complete the challenge, be rendered null and void? Really enjoying this challenge by the way. It is the first time I've ever attempted it, currently in my 4th season in the Premier League with Kettering - sorry for the lack of input to the thread (I'm more of a lurker, and read your updates with interest/jealousy!) but I shall post some updates of my progress soon.

It was originally added to the rules to prevent people from using a national team to boost the reputation of their players, along with gaining a bit of extra scouting knowledge. It has become more like a privilege for the people who have completed the challenge.

I thought that would be the reason why. Personally, as long as people don't just pick their own players for the international side, regardless of ability, and are sensible with scouting, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I think the two jobs could be kept seperate without one interfering the other.

Matlock Town - Blue Square Premier - 2020/21

Dc7TaeS.jpg

A very surprising season in which we managed to win the league at the first attempt. However, we did come top with the lowest points total ever and if we had the same season two years ago we would not have even made the playoffs

League Table - Very up and down but managed to get some consistency going into the final 10 games or so. Promotion was finally secured on the final day with a superb away win.

FA Cup - Out at the first attempt but the league took priority this year as we did not have a squad to cope with two competitions.

FA Trophy - A good run to the semi-finals but Cheltenham were just too good over the two legs.

Transfers - A few players through to suppliment the squad but loans took priority as no strikers wanted to sign for me at a decent quality.

Squad - A squad that vastly overachieved - will need to strengthen in the summer but the clubs reputation is not helping.

Finances - A profit from our promotion season but still in the red.

Key Players Profile:

Joe Gorman - (FPOTY) Fourth season in a row in which Joe took our FPOTY. The first time i have had such a consistent central defender - hopefully he will cope with the step up.

Mensah Beard - Another good year from Mensah - may be our best centre midfielder now above Henry Jones.

Henry Jones - A good season yet again but coming in as our second best midfielder this year.

Ross Guppy - A loanee from Kidderminster who provided the goals to get us promoted.

Next Season - Consolidation yet again but it could be tough going.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2078/79

This was going to be our last season in Dafuge Arena, so we wanted to go out with a bang before relocating to Dafuge Stadium.

League Table

It was a strange season as we went unbeaten but got our lowest points total for a few years.

Community Shield - very one sided.

UEFA Super Cup - we should have lost this, but turned on the style in extra time.

FIFA Club World Cup - a bit closer than usual.

Capital One Cup - there were a few close matches, but no one could beat us. The final was fairly one sided.

FA Cup - straight wins, including a close final.

UEFA Champions League - we were scoring for fun in the group stage, but that was nothing compared to the final.

Transfers - a few changes, but nothing major.

Squad - Rofe and Robinson are due to leave the club (instead of retiring), so the younger players will need to shine.

Finances - this was always going to be a tough year as we paid for the new stadium.

Key Player Profiles:

Sami El Taourghi - top scorer again.

Martin Nunez - a stunning season.

Robert Ozimec - such a dependable player.

Aaron Davies - a star in the making.

Joe fuge - he's been moaning, but he's signed a new long term contract.

Career Overview

2077/78   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners
2078/79   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

We are due to move into the new stadium, so it seems like as good a time as any to freshen up the squad a bit. Some of the older players will be moved on with a view to bringing through the next generation. This season we didn't lose a single match, I don't think there's much chance of a repeat of that.

Bognorregistownfc.png

XaW - Blue Square Premier - Season 2015/17

We started out second season in Blue Square Premier as candidates for relegation once again, but this time determined to not start as horribly as last season. As we won the first match of the season we proved we could still survive. We soon established ourselves as low mid-table while slowly trying to get a string of wins together. We got our run towards the end of the season and after 38 matches we were very close to the playoff spots, but then we hit the bad form as we lost 4 in a row. This plummeted us back into mid-table again, and we stayed there until the end. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied, but I almost had higher hopes as we got very close to the playoff. Maybe we can push for it next season, at least of I manage to get in some better players.

Another go in the FA Cup, but we lost in the first hurdle against Woking in the 4th qualifying round. It went a little better in the FA Trophy as we beat Gloucester and Leamington before losing to Aldershot in the 3rd round.

Financially we lost money again, and we are falling deeper into the red. We need a good cup run if we want the finances improved. A promotion could also help out, but that's less likely.

The pick of the season is our striker Akwasi Asante, who scored 28 league goals to become top scorer. Other notable players have been Macauley King, Steven Page and Aris Christopherou.

2015/16		Blue Square P	12th		1st rnd		Mid-table
2016/17		Blue Square P	11th		4th Q 		Mid-table

Whitby Town

Season 2020/21 - Championship - 13th

utvb.png

A solid if unspectacular first season in the Championship. A dual Jamaican strike force of Carlos Brown and Damani Beech hit 34 goals between them which was a passable return but better will be needed for next season. Beech has now departed for fellow Championship side Chesterfield for £750k. Finances have significantly improved from Championship revenues and a number of post season player sales. Hopefully this will allow me to push on the quality of the team. The board has announced that a new stadium will be built which will be ready for the 2023/24 season.

Competitions

League Table

League Position

FA Cup

League Cup

Club Overview

Finances A healthy bank balance of £5.5m now should allow significant strengthening.

Club Reputation 1.5 stars is actually lower than a BSP team...

Facilities We returned to the Turnbull Ground at the end of the season but the board announced that it will only be for two seasons as we will re-locate to the 13,715 capacity Whitby Stadium.

Key Players

Alan Roden The England u21 Goalkeeper had a great season.

Carlos Brown Hoping for more than 12 goals next season from the Jamaican international striker.

John Hughes Now in his sixth season at Whitby, Hughes has consistently averaged over 7.3 every season.

Kris Smolka Tenacious midfielder Smolka is still only 21 having been a member of the first team for 4 seasons now. He gained his first cap for Wales this season.

Matlock Town - League 2 - 2021/22

Dc7TaeS.jpg

Another very surprising season in which we sneaked into the final promotion spot. Back to back promotions sees our squad very low in quality.

League Table - Finished 3rd after a final day win - before then we were in and around the playoffs.

FA Cup - Out at the first attempt again but to a good Preston side - told myself i was concentrating on the league.

Johnstones Paint Trophy - Out in the second round to Rotherham after a good solid win against Doncaster in the first round.

Transfers - Finally signed my first player for a fee, £18,000 for Danny Guy from FC United. My scout told me he was potential Premier League quality but once he had signed appeared to be potential League One quality - my first foray into the market was not a success. The two foreign signings at the end of the season were quality from my DoF which sort of made up for it.

Squad - The squad has improved this year but another step up in division means i will not really see the benefits. More improvement needed.

Finances - Finally we are in the black and have some money to spend over the summer. Will have to be careful as i don't want to over-extend the budgets.

Key Players Profile:

Joe Gorman - (FPOTY) Fifth season as Player of the Year and continues to surprise me. I think i will keep him all the way till he retires and hopefully keep him as a non-playing member of staff.

Mensah Beard - In my view again was the pick of our midfielders. According to my coaches he is my third best but i just can't drop him.

Ashley Grayson - A loan signing from Middlesbrough who was key in scoring the goals which got us promoted.

Next Season - Consolidation yet again but it could be tough going.

Hi guys,

Just a quick question but how do you add your history to the bottom of the posts in the table?

Thanks

The easiest way is to press the "reply with quote" on someone who has it and then copy theirs and edit in your own. Bad explanation, I'm tired. :confused:

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2079/80

With the move into the 135004 capacity 'Dafuge Stadium' and a number of older players being offloaded, this was the start of a new era at the club.

League Table

It wasn't a great season for us as we drew far too many games.

Community Shield - one of our recently sold players nearly came back to haunt us.

UEFA Super Cup - the goals came late, but it was a comfortable win.

FIFA Club World Cup - we were taken completely by surprise by this.

Capital One Cup - I rotated the squad but they came up short.

FA Cup - just one slip up in Doncaster on our way to the final.

UEFA Champions League - we were a bit shaky, but made our way to the final once again.

Transfers - a number of big name players were sold to give the younger players a chance.

Squad - we had a terrible time with injuries, which put a lot of pressure on the younger players.

Finances - the transfers helped us make this profit, but the gate receipts had an increase of £30m thanks to the new stadium.

Key Player Profiles:

Sami El Taourghi - a brilliant season from our top scorer.

Martin Nunez - a quiet season by his standards.

Eddie Lomas - a solid season for the left back.

Dahi Matthews - the rock in our midfield.

Joe fuge - he's been given a bigger role this season to keep him happy.

Career Overview

2078/79   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2079/80   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

Hopefully now some of the younger players will improve enough to provide good enough backup to the first team in order for us to dominate once again.

Whitby Town

Season 2021/22 - Championship - 5th

utvb.png

A positive season ended in disappointment with defeat in the play-off final. A couple of England U-21s signed in January for £750k each, Currie and Crane have improved the level of the team. Hopefully we can push for promotion next season and see the first season at the Whitby season be in the Premier League.

Competitions

League Table

Playoff Final So near and yet so far

League Position

FA Cup A good away win over Cardiff followed by a spanking from Newcastle.

League Cup

Club Overview

Finances A healthy bank balance despite spending £1.6 million on players in January.

Club Reputation Still 1.5 stars

Facilities Still another season until we move to the Whitby Stadium

Key Players

Ricky Currie Young midfielder joined from Arsenal for £750k in January. Currently I'm converting him to a striker.

Damien Crane Promising centre-back, also cost £750k from Man U in January.

Kris Smolka Welsh international midfielder, has been a mainstay of the team since League Two.

Daniel Bobal Class Hungarian midfielder upped the quality level in the midfield after joining on a free in March.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2080/81

Our first season in the new stadium was solid yet unspectacular, so we were looking for an improvement this year.

League Table

Much better, but still too many draws for us to hit the 100 point mark.

Community Shield - the early goal set up the win.

UEFA Super Cup - a fairly comfortable win.

FIFA Club World Cup - normal service resumes.

Capital One Cup - the semi final was our first defeat of the season, but it was irrelevant as we made the final.

FA Cup - we came up short in the quarter final.

UEFA Champions League - we had a scare in Madrid, but other than that it was an easy route to the final.

Transfers - a series of injuries persuaded me to cash in on Juan Diego.

Squad - it's proving close to impossible to improve the squad, the players just aren't there to be bought.

Finances - a small profit, but we are being held back by the loans.

Key Player Profiles:

Sami El Taourghi - a stunning goal tally once again.

Robert Ozimec - he was the second best striker this season.

Tommy Hay - he is going to be hard to replace as he gets older.

Jimmy Byrne - a youth product who is being turned into a winger.

Joe fuge - he's still moaning, but he's getting a few games.

Career Overview

2079/80   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2080/81   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

I'd like the improve the squad, but it is proving to be difficult. A clean sweep is the only aim for next season.

Whitby Town

Season 2022/23 - Championship - 1st

utvb.png

Premier League here we come! We were always good enough for promotion but injuries towards the end of the season almost looked likely to send us crashing into the playoffs. As it proved we recovered enough to secure top spot. Some serious strengthening will be required if we are to stay up though.

Competitions

League Table

League Position

FA Cup

League Cup

Club Overview

Finances Finances have been depleted due to an increased wage bill.

Club Reputation

Facilities

Key Players

Ricky Currie England u21 midfielder converted to a striker. Joint top scored with 18 championship goals.

Damien Crane Young centre-back averaged 7.43.

Branko Markovic Croatian right winger scored 18 goals from midfield. Will be key next season.

Agostino D'Aniello Italian striker joined in January but appearances were limited by injury.

Pending Transfers

Emanuel Saucedo The Argentine Striker will join from Red Star Belgrade at the end of his contract.

Whitby Town

Season 2023/24 - Premiership - 13th

utvb.png

It looked like we might struggle this season and relegation was still a possibility right into the final third of the season. The board released very little in the way of transfer funds so I had to make do mainly with the previous seasons squad and free transfers initially. Last seasons strikers Ricky Currie and Agostino D'Aniello started well and had scored 15 goals between them by January, I took advantage and sold them both for £7m to Rangers and Newcastle respectively in January. This was a gamble but I already had Emanuel Saucedo who was doing well and finished the season with 16 goals. He was joined by ex-Chelsea striker Rory Quaye from Southampton for £2.4m who added 8 goals by the end of the season. Due to our low wage bill we turned a healthy profit for the season and ended the season with £37m in the bank which hopefully I will be able to put into the team. Aston Villa and Everton have been relegated and they have a handful of players I have my eye on.

Competitions

League Table

League Position

FA Cup

League Cup A good run to the semis until a collapse against West Ham partially due to a January injury crisis.

Club Overview

Finances As the board didn't give me much to spend this season we now have £37m in the bank. Hopefully will be given a good slice of this for next season.

Club Reputation Up to 2.5 stars now.

Facilities First season in the new Whitby stadium. The board are redeveloping both the training and youth facilities.

Key Players

Jan Schouten Signed 18 months ago from Ajax. Scored 14 goals from the left wing.

Emanuel Saucedo Argentine striker signed on a free at the start of the season. Scored 16 goals.

Rory Quaye Signed from Southampton in January for £2.4m, he had been on the transfer list.

Branko Markovic Only scored 2 goals following his 18 goals in the previous promotion season. A solid season though.

Javier Talented young Brazilian right back. Signed for £4.3m from Corinthians at the start of the season.

Pending Transfers

Wendell

Bernardo Moron

Ashton United

The Robins!

ClubLogo.jpg

2028-29 - Barclays Premier League

Another clean sweep which was more comfortable than last season. At the end of last season I was contemplating the possible sales of some of the older players who've been the corner stones of our rise to dominance and who're on large contracts but I decided to keep them as they were still better than what I could get elsewhere and for sentimental reasons too.

League Table | Progress Chart

Capital One Cup - Fairly comfortable really after the first two rounds when I was more sensible in using the fringe players.

The FA Cup - Comfortable all the way.

Champions League - Comfortable apart from the games we played our fringe players...probably shouldn't have used them in the 2nd leg against Barcelona and first leg against Atletico Madrid...ah well, no harm done.

World Club Cup Our mid-winter holiday in the sun.

A good solid year all round.

Finances | Transfers | 1st Team Squad

Key Players

Sergio Nadiradze Again our main creative force, played a few games from the middle of the park this season. Will be very difficult to part with when I bite the bullet and sell him on.

Gil He's a quality player and was our leading goalscorer again.

Sebastián Belforti The replacement for the rock at the back.

History

Season          League                    League Finish     Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North         2nd               Promoted via Playoffs 
2014/15         Blue Square Premier       15th              Survival
2015/16         Blue Square Premier       5th               Promoted via Playoffs
2016/17         Npower League Two         4th               Promoted via Playoffs
2017/18         Npower League One         4th               Promoted via Playoffs, FA Cup Finalists
2018/19         Npower Championsip        3rd               Promoted via Playoffs
2019/20         Barclays Premier League   14th              Survival
2020/21         Barclays Premier League   11th
2021/22         Barclays Premier League   5th               FA Cup Finalists
2022/23         Barclays Premier League   1st               FA Cup Finalists
2023/24         Barclays Premier League   1st               FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners
2024/25         Barclays Premier League   1st               Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2025/26         Barclays Premier League   1st               Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2026/27         Barclays Premier League   1st               FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2027/28         Barclays Premier League   1st               FA Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2028/29        Barclays Premier League   1st               FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2029/30        Barclays Premier League   1st               FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners

Our younger players are starting to take over the first team mainstays so again I may look at selling some of the older players to make way for them and to reduce the wage bill and bring in some cash.

*edt - a mini update*

I've finally bit the bullet and decided to sell off some of the aging stars and fringe player to bring in some cash and to trim the wage bill. So far, and I think this will be it for this season, I've sold 8 players for £211 million.

The hardest to let go was Joaquin Beccera, my midfield leader and anchor (dm/cm) for the last 9 seasons.

Hi guys. Not too sure that there will be many of the old names still around but I though I would come in and have a looksy. Brilliant to see this challenge goes on and on and on, (and the Gundo one too). Hope you are all well. My laptop blew up the other night, and with it my 2049 FM09 save, so it looks like this old dinosaur will be eventually be dragged kicking and screaming, (well how would you feel if you lost the game you have been playing since just about Christmas 2009), into the modern FM World. lolps. Any hints on what laptop I should get?

Archived