dafuge's FM13 challenge

00315453.jpg

XaW - Blue Square Premier - Season 2016/17

Table | Past positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

During pre-season my only goal was to get rid of all the dead weight we still had. I got rid of most of them and this opened up the wage budget enough to get some quality replacements. When the season started I were pretty happy with the squad, but saw a number of players who would improve the squad. Still, our wage budget didn't allow me to completely revamp the squad. The first couple of matches were good and we were close to the top of the table, but then a horrible run saw us drop down. After another tactical adjustment we started getting the wins in again and at the same time started climbing up the table. By Christmas we were very close to the top. Even though our place was barely top 10 we were only 1 point behind 1st place. This has been one of the closest league I've played since 23 matches in the difference between 1st and 15th were only 3 points. We managed to get a good run and went 9 matches unbeaten. This lead us to the top of the table, but only by a point. It stayed this close until the end of the season, but in the end we held on and claimed the Championship. Next season we are in the Football League!

After our great cup runs last season I had high hopes for both cups, but it wasn't meant to be. In the FA Cup we beat Bishop's Stortford and Oldham before losing out to Sheffield Wednesday in the 2nd round. We didn't get much further in the FA Trophy were we knocked out St. Albans, Grimsby and Cambridge Utd before Port Vale got the better of us in the 4th round.

Financially we lost a bit of money this season, but that's mainly down to the increased wage budget as well as some changes to the stadium in order to comply with regulations after the promotion. Next season we should have an increase in attendances and hopefully go further in the cups.

Our best player this season, the second time in a row, is our top scorer Dan Williams. Other notable players have been Jamie McCormack and Jake Gosling.

Season		Division	Position	FA Cup		Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14		Blue Square N	10th		1st rnd		Mid table
2014/15		Blue Square N	1st		2nd rnd		Promotion!
2015/16		Blue Square P	16th		4th rnd		FA Trophy winner
2016/17		Blue Square P	1st		2nd rnd		Promotion!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2042/43

Last season we won our first league title with a squad of youth products, the challenge this season was to defend it.

League Table

League Positions Graph

The gap at the top really flattered us as both Arsenal and Man City looked more like champions during the season.

Community Shield - we really didn't deserve this win.

Capital One Cup - unlike usual, we had a good run in this competition beating Championship Hull in the final.

FA Cup - another great cup run, finishing with a one sided final.

UEFA Champions League - our home form took us through a number of tricky matches but we made surprisingly easy work of the final.

Squad - still weak on the left side, but elsewhere the squad is in excellent shape.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - top scorer yet again.

Léopold Agbodossinji - another solid season, despite the red cards.

Ian Penney - the old man of the squad, who just won't give up his place in the team.

Adriatik Bytyqi - with some good defenders coming through, he's stepped his game up.

Ashley Amos - not really rated by my coaches, but he's still doing well.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

Winning the quadruple was completely unexpected, I honestly think we will struggle to retain the league title next season.

Matlock_Town_FC_logo_zps656b0331.png

Matlock Town F.C. - Blue Square Premier - 2017/2018

Blue Square Premier

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Emmit Delfouneso

Tosan Popo

Pat Sheridan

A season which saw us improve a lot on the last two seasons in the league, the majority of the season i sat occupying the play offs spots. A stronger squad with my signings and a new found consistency kept me challenging, although it was never going to be for the title. Along the way came two good cups runs, especially in the FA Cup where both ties against Preston North End were shown on the TV gaining us most of our profits for the season. When it all came down to it though i wasn't in the playoff spots at the end when it mattered. With a few games left i slipped out and then failed to get back into 5th place or higher, finishing in 6th ONE goal from a playoff place. Tosan Popo a player who has been with me through the entirety of my journey so far finished my top goal scorer although his stats show that he perhaps shouldn't be allowed to grab 18 league goals. A big signing towards the end of the season in ex Liverpool striker Armin Hodzic hopefully will help me push forward for next season, where i hope to try and compete for the FA Trophy.

Career Overview

Season League League Finish Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 Blue Square North      16th                                   FA Cup First Round
2014/15 Blue Square North      3rd   Promoted via Playoffs.           FA Cup Second Round
2015/16 Blue Square Premier    12th  Survived                         FA Cup First Round
2016/17 Blue Square Premier    14th  Survived                         FA Cup First Round
2017/18 Blue Square Premier    6th   Improvement                      FA Cup Second Round

Matlock_Town_FC_logo_zps656b0331.png

Matlock Town F.C. - Blue Square Premier - 2018/19

Blue Square Premier

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Pat Sheridan

Jordan Williams

Dominic Wyatt

After missing out on the playoffs on goal difference last season, this season was where i thought we could really push on and make the playoffs a certainty. A poor start to the season saw us lingering around mid table and the playoffs looked like a long shot. Poor runs in both cups saw us exit early and my most realistic chance of winning a first piece of silverware in the form of the FA Trophy was gone. The footballing gods were not kind to me when they drew us away at League One Chesterfield in the first round of the FA Cup either. A steady pick up of form and lack of results from other teams slowly saw us rise into contention for the playoffs again, and come the end of the season thats where we ended up. 5th place was always in doubt as once again we made hard work of securing it in the last 4 games. A two legged semi final against Southend was first on the agenda, a 1-1 draw at home saw them take a slight advantage when they took us back to Roots Hall, but that was no problem as we made no mistake in grabbing our chance to shine at Wembley. The final saw us up against Chester City, my game plan looked good and i felt confident that we could make the football league, however this turned out not to be the case. They outplayed us in every department, scoring two quick goals early on in the first half to slash are hopes. They went onto to get a third in the second half before a late consolation goal saw us try and give the fans something to cheer about.

Another season passes where we were so close, this time to playing in the football league. Next season looks promising though, the bank balance is good and so is the squad. Maybe just Maybe..

Career Overview

2013/14 Blue Square North      16th                                   FA Cup First Round
2014/15 Blue Square North      3rd   Promoted via Playoffs.           FA Cup Second Round
2015/16 Blue Square Premier    12th  Survived                         FA Cup First Round
2016/17 Blue Square Premier    14th  Survived                         FA Cup First Round
2017/18 Blue Square Premier    6th   Improvement                      FA Cup Second Round
2018/19 Blue Square Premier    5th   Lost in Playoff Final.           FA Cup First Round

XaW u really do have a brilliant goalie :)

ok, i had a bit of a break recently (2 series of Game of Thrones, 5 series of Breaking Bad, 1st series of boardwalk empire... oh, and work), had to rest from my managerial experience (over 800h of gameplay), but now i'm ready for my fight for Premier League

00315453.jpg

XaW - League Two - Season 2017/18

Table | Past positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

Once again the pre-season started out with getting rid of all the deadweight we've been dragging along the past season. This seems to be a trend I'm gonna have to continue. We also managed to get in some players to boost our squad depth, but still continued the core of our team from last season. As the season went on we got some great players on loan to bolster the squad further. Our goal this season was survival, but as the season progressed it seemed we had the quality to compete as well. Since there was such a small amount of points between the teams we found ourselves gaining 5-7 spots just by winning a single match and the dropping the same after a loss. As evident from the graph we rose and dropped several times along the season. Towards the end of the season we really hit our form and went on a run of 10 matches unbeaten. This led us right up to the promotion spots and suddenly we were a player in the battle for promotion. We managed to hold on and surprisingly ended 2nd and got promoted! I'm really baffled by this promotion, and I do think we are going to struggle in League One next season. I'm just hoping we can hold on and keep our spot.

We disappointed ourselves in the cups last season and I had hope we could improve this season, but we didn't get far this year either. Our first try at the Capital One Cup we lost at the first obstacle against Southend in the first round. We also had our first go at the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and we beat MK Dons before losing out to Crawley in the quarter final. In the FA Cup we did our best, and after beating Cheltenham and Macclesfield we lost a tough away tie against Premiership outfit Aston Villa.

Financially we made a small profit this season, but we are still in the red. While our attendances increased quite a bit, we also needed to increase our wage budget to attract players. I had hopes of getting further in the cups this season, but it wasn't meant to be. Next season will probably be much the same, except I hope we get further in the cups.

Our best player this season is, for the third time in a row, Dan Williams. Other notable player have been Stan Marshall and James Loveridge.

Season		Division	Position	FA Cup		Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14		Blue Square N	10th		1st rnd		Mid table
2014/15		Blue Square N	1st		2nd rnd		Promotion!
2015/16		Blue Square P	16th		4th rnd		FA Trophy winner
2016/17		Blue Square P	1st		2nd rnd		Promotion!
2017/18		League Two	2nd		3rd rnd		Promotion!

Just starting this challenge. I am the new manager of Hampton & Richmond aka The Beavers.

Completed this with Dover in Fm2010 or 11 can't remember, so hopefully can do it again.

good luck and welcome to da challenge

Matlock Town F.C. - Blue Square Premier - 2019/20

Blue Square Premier

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Gavin Horsley

Jack Ryan

Pat Sheridan

Another season which ends with another disappointment at Wembley, loosing in a second consecutive play off final, this time to the hands of Exeter. The season as a whole went really well, for the majority of it we were in contention for the title. Poor results let Luton grab a few wins and pull away but non the less 3rd place was a major achievement. Once again neither the trophy or the FA Cup were very good, only lasting a couple of games, this just made for a better league form. Loosing only 12 over the course of the 46 games in the league wasn't ideal but luckily the teams around me lost andrew a lot aswell. Vital goals that were spread mainly between two strikers in Pat Sheridan and Jack Ryan, the latter brought in during pre season and ended the season the top goalscorer for us. What turned out to be another disappointing end to the season can only help me in the next, being consistently up around the top of the table increases the clubs reputation. The only hope i have is that the board don't get impatient with my failed play off attempts and start to look elsewhere..

Career Overview

2018/19 Blue Square Premier    5th   Lost in Playoff Final.           FA Cup First Round
2019/20 Blue Square Premier    3rd   Lost In Playoff Final.           FA Cup First Round

Luck I suppose! He wanted 1,200k a week, but after a bit of negotiating I locked it in at £450 and he accepted it! scored from centre mid on debut as well.

I never had any luck singing big name players when i first started, i couldn't even manage to get Joe Mckee in!! Should be a big player for you in your first season, is he your captain?

I never had any luck singing big name players when i first started, i couldn't even manage to get Joe Mckee in!! Should be a big player for you in your first season, is he your captain?

Got some other good signings in too, although, delap was the pick of the bunch. I only got him 5 games in so I had one of the original players as skipper but he starts on bench so delap is matchday skipper but not club captain. I guess you need to have a team with good rep, but the lock feature on wages is very useful after a bit of negotiations. All my signings have said they are not interested in signing but are prepared for you to offer them a deal, most negotiate at over 1k a week but using the lock feature I have managed to get 5 or 6 on wages between 275 and 500 which is my limit.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2043/44

Last season we completed an incredible quadruple, I'd be happy with a quarter of that this season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had already conceded the title and settled for a Champions League spot, but as our form improved the form of the top sides declined. I still don't think we are the best team in the league, so this run surely cannot go on.

Community Shield - a stunningly flattering scoreline.

UEFA Super Cup - this one was a bit more predictable.

FIFA World Club Cup - another one sided final.

Capital One Cup - we had a good run but our second string were knocked out in the semi finals.

FA Cup - our reserves didn't get so far in this competition.

UEFA Champions League - we blasted our way through the early rounds but came up short in the final.

Squad - we are looking great now, we can only get better.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - top scorer yet again.

Léopold Agbodossinji - another solid season.

Ken Darlington - he started scoring again now he has some competition.

Ian Penney - brilliant again from the veteran.

Barry Miles - maybe not a first teamer, but had a great season.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists

Next Season

Winning the title again was a surprise, I really can't see that happening again.

England - UEFA European Championship - Switzerland & Austria 2044

Qualification - we won our first eight games to secure qualification before managing to draw with Moldova!

Tournament squad - everyone was fit, this was my first choice 23. This is the third major tournament for my squad made up entirely of W&F youth products.

Group draw - we got lucky as second seeds in drawing one of the hosts. We really should top this group.

Pre tournament friendlies - a mixed bunch, with a shock in Israel.

Wales v England (group stage)

It was completely one sided as we finally put on a show on the big stage.

England v Poland (group stage)

A first half Mulready hat-trick settled the match.

Austria v England (group stage)

I didn't mind finishing second so I rotated the squad. The second string put in a great performance anyway.

Group Table

We convincingly topped the table, but got a horrible draw in the next round.

Spain v England (2nd round)

This was a superb result, but we will miss Mayo after his red card. Our next match was going to be another tough one.

England v Italy (quarter final)

It looked like we were on our way out, but a superb second half has seen us reach the semi finals.

England v France (semi final)

After two early goals it looked like we were going to cruise to victory, but France battled back. France did score a 90th minute equaliser, but the referee controversially disallowed it for offside. After three high profile matches, we meet surprise package Bulgaria in the final, without the injured Mulready and suspended Amos.

Bulgaria v England (final)

We were huge favourites so the early goal was a big relief. Stepping in for Mulready, Duxbury stole the show with a Geoff Hurst-like hat-trick. This win represents the first major international trophy my locally produced squad has managed to win, it is a huge moment for the club.

Congratulations DaFuge massive achievement!! Do Bulgaria have a decent side then??

Just a quick update about Matlock Town F.C. with two games left of the season i have eventually managed to get out of the Blue Square Premier, winning the league and therefore my first piece of silverware!! Full season update will be up later on today or tomorrow.

Congratulations DaFuge massive achievement!! Do Bulgaria have a decent side then??

Not really :D

They fluked their way to the final, winning every match by a single goal other than the semi which they won on penalties.

Quick and dirty update for stafford :-0 Thought we wouldn't get that far since I was gonna focus on my youth development this season but as it turned out..those young boys turned into major match winners..I have a full update on my blog...just massively tired had a long week at work..

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]STAFFORD RANGERS [/TD]
[TD]Honor Roll[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Season[/TD]
[TD]League Pos[/TD]
[TD]FA Cup[/TD]
[TD]League Cup[/TD]
[TD]Europe[/TD]
[TD]Stage[/TD]
[TD]Notables[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2027/28[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]Champs[/TD]
[TD]Champs[/TD]
[TD]Champs[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]GRAND SLAM & INVINCIBLE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2025/26[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]6th Rd[/TD]
[TD]1st Rd[/TD]
[TD]Champs[/TD]
[TD]BPL[/TD]
[TD]Appointed England Manager[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2024/25[/TD]
[TD]2nd[/TD]
[TD]6th Rd[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]QF[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2023/24[/TD]
[TD]4th[/TD]
[TD]Semis[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]SF[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2022/23[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]QF[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2021/22[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2020/21[/TD]
[TD]10th[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2019/20[/TD]
[TD]8th[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2018/19[/TD]
[TD]13th[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017/18[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Championship[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016/17[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]League 1[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015/16[/TD]
[TD]2nd[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]League 2[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2014/15[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]BSP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2013/14[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]BSN[/TD]
[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

To be honest with you Drucey I have never used the lock in feature on the wage demands, I am a sucker for keeping the wage budget as low as I possibly can, cutting costs at all times. The way I have been going about getting bigger players in for less wage is offering them a decent signing on fee. Pat Sheridan is a prime example, he was my first player to get a full time contract, he wanted way more than what I could offer him in wages but I manged to sign him up for a decent length of time and a decent wage by giving him something stupid like a £10k signing on bonus.

Hey all, love the idea of a challenge so going to give it a go, currently trying to reload my way to finding Bedworth (which appears to be a complete longshot!) but if there's any teams that folks want me to keep an eye out for whilst I'm reloading, then give me a shout by PM and If I see them come up, I'll be happy to share the save.

With them having such a low reputation (1100 - the lowest!) is it even possible they pop up in Season 1 from just reloading from Jun 24th?

KETTERING TOWN

2017/2018 - npower Championship

1313591030Kettering%20Town%20badge.jpg aka 668_zpsadd3b422.png

Manager Profile | Finances | Squad | Transfers 1, 2

League Table | Position Graph

Fixtures 1 , 2 , 3

Key Players

Jonas Lossl - good keeper, had his share of mistakes, but i'll stick with him at least through the first season. I have 18yo Brazilian coming, pretty talented, so hopefully he will be able to step in in the future

Niklas Hoheneder - The rock! and scores as well. He beat the record of FA Cup of most man of the match award

Fabrice Campos - talent in the midfield, my deep lying playmaker

Leo Itaperuna - my star striker, but i'm afraid he won't keep his 1st team spot for much longer because of next guy

Roberto Valentini - he's had a promising start with his attributes rising nice, so i wonder how he turns out after next season

Star of the future

Mario Antolovic - bought for £180k in January

Summary and Aims For Next Season

First half of the season i was sure i will spend one more year in championship, but boys raised their game significantly since december and the automatic promotion spot really came by surprise, if i'm honest. Had a decent run in cups as well, QF of Capital Cup (eliminated Chelsea @stamford bridge, just to lose to Sunderland in next round), and SF of FA Cup. But after my championship campaign ended in success, my tycoon chariman decided to pull the plug... basta*d... still, i managed to do 50-ish mln pounds shopping for new season and i'm raring to go... mid-table finish would be brilliant... bring it on Premier League!

Career Overview

2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    1st         FA Cup 3rd rnd, FAT 1st rnd
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Fa Cup 3rd rnd, FAT 1st rnd
2015/16   npower League 2          1st         Fa Cup 2nd rnd, CC 1st rnd, JPT 1st rnd
2016/17   npower League 1          2nd         FA Cup 4th rnd, CC 1st rnd, JPT 1st rnd, taken over by a tycoon at the end of the season
2017/18   npower Championship      2nd         FA Cup Semi-Final, CC Quarter Final

I had a warm Welcome-to-the-Premier-League party prepared by Man City... 0-6 loss at home... this season gonna be fun! I'm amazed i can still play @ Nene Park (6,441 capacity). My new stadium is already past the planning stage and it should be built after this season. Although i have to admit i was expecting more than planned 16,500...

But after my championship campaign ended in success, my tycoon chariman decided to pull the plug... basta*d... still, i managed to do 50-ish mln pounds shopping for new season and i'm raring to go... mid-table finish would be brilliant... bring it on Premier League!

I've never noticed a tycoon pull out like that, ouch! How do you reckon the club will do financially without his backing?

i have no idea, have to wait and see. Thankfully there's more money in premier league from TV, and position finish, so for me still "glass is half full". I dont need to challenge for europe this season, so we'll see how it will all go in next one. I tried to ask for bigger transfer/wage budget, but if earlier i could wind the chairman up with "your lack of ambition blah blah blah" and he was agreeing to everything, now he's acting like a scrooge. Needless to say i have 0 transfer budget and around 60k of wage left, so no more players for me, at least until january, when maybe i can change season expectations and get more dough...

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2042/43

Next Season

Winning the quadruple was completely unexpected, I honestly think we will struggle to retain the league title next season.

Well done, I doubt it, unless you clear your side. The season after we did the Slam, I thought we would tank it. Instead, we continued our unbeaten run for 61 matches. With 28 matches played we are 6 points clear with a game in hand. I reckon you'll experience the same thing if you don't clear out your side. I on the other hand feel like I need to keep selling players in order to raise the cash to get a bigger stadia. Still bleeding like 20m a year.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2044/45

Last season we achieved another title with our youth only squad, but I wasn't so confident this season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We finally got caught out for the quality we really had. Far too many draws and not enough wins cost us the title.

Community Shield - no problems in this one sided match.

Capital One Cup - another early exit.

FA Cup - other than the Swansea win we made had work of an easy route to the final, which we surprisingly dominated.

UEFA Champions League - the two games against Bayern were crazy as made yet another final, which this time we won in style.

Squad - we are badly in need of a decent keeper, and some wingers.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - he top scored, but had a tough season.

Léopold Agbodossinji - another superb season.

Ousseynou N'Diaye - the youngster pushed Darlington for a place in the first team.

Tom Mayo - our only great winger.

Adam Thompson - a brilliant left back.

Career Overview

2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

Winning the two major cups was great but we really need to challenge for the title next season.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2045/46

Last season we completed a cup double in winning the FA Cup and the Champions League, but we failed to retain our league title. This season was all about winning back the league.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We reclaimed our title in style as previous champions Arsenal failed to even challenge for the top four.

Community Shield - this was our early revenge over the team that beat us to the league last season.

UEFA Super Cup - the sending off helped, but it was very one sided.

FIFA Club World Cup - complete dominance, against ten men again.

Capital One Cup - I let the youngsters play in this competition, but they came unstuck in the semi final.

FA Cup - this was a shock as a fairly strong team was put out early.

UEFA Champions League - we were looking solid until we completely threw it away against Inter. Arsenal had a chance to snatch the last Champions League spot from Man City, but then lost 1-0 to Lyon in the final.

Squad - some of the older players are starting to decline now, so it is time for the new generation to come through.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - a three month injury ruined his season, it looks like his career won't have long left.

Léopold Agbodossinji - started the season in his usual form but a two month injury saw him struggle. Another one who's career looks like it is near its end.

Ousseynou N'Diaye - he took full advantage of the injury to Mulready and made a case to become our main striker.

Spencer Rush - was nothing more than a backup player before, but has really forced his way into the team

Tom Mayo - rated as our best player by the coaches, but doesn't seem to quite live up to it.

Career Overview

2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         NextGen series and CWC winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners

Next Season

Winning the title back was massive, so next season we need to build on that and look to repeat it while adding a cup.

The big hope for next season is the chance of a new stadium, which will be about 15 year overdue.

The World Cup is up next, which gives me another shot at my ultimate goal.

KETTERING TOWN

2018/2019 - Premier League

Manager Profile | Finances | Squad | Transfers

Fixtures 1 , 2 ,Cups

Key Players

Biro-Biro - he pushed Lossl out of the squad, he's developing nice, very often i get messages about how my HoY is pleased with his progress, so i will give him a chance next season

Moussa Kone - worthy disciple of Niklas Hoheneder, solid in defence

Michal Milan - one of two "wonderkids" in my squad

Mauro Mendoza - second of the "wonderkids", get's injured a lot, hopefully i will sort this out before next season

Mahamoud Sangare - i plan for him to be my winger for years to come

Star of the future

Mario Antolovic

before 18/19 season

after 18/19 season

Brilliant season, considering the squad i had. Highlight have to be CC semi-final vs. Man City, which i won 4:3 on aggregate. I'm really proud of my boys. For the next season i dont plan to make big changes, apart from buying right winger and a really good poacher. I will sell Itaperuna, he was good for me, but i dont like forward players over 30yo. Also i will try to sell Pajvot, he was a transfer miss, and i will promote Antolovic for my 3rd striker, with Valentini as my 2nd. For the midfield i already signed my favourite player from previous save - Moussa Dembele, who i hope will rule my midfield. Also for free will come one of the biggest midfield talents from Greece. Thanks to them i'm calm about those positions. Left wing is sorted, defence is as well (maybe left-back, but i will have to see how much money i will have left). We will move to the new stadium soon, and considering that we will play in EURO Cup, future is looking good for Kettering Town FC. For the next season i would love to get at least to QF of Euro Cup. I know that it will be still impossible to break to Champions Cup, but i do believe we will be able to get 5th-6th place...

Career Overview

2015/16   npower League 2          1st         Fa Cup 2nd rnd, CC 1st rnd, JPT 1st rnd
2016/17   npower League 1          2nd         FA Cup 4th rnd, CC 1st rnd, JPT 1st rnd, taken over by a tycoon at the end of the season
2017/18   npower Championship      2nd         FA Cup Semi-Final, CC Quarter Final
2018/19   Premier League           7th         FA Cup 3rd Rnd, CC Final lost on penalties

8325134-1.png

2045/46 Season Review

Premier League / Champions League / FA Cup / Capital One Cup / Community Shield / UEFA Supercup / Club World Cup

Stats / Finances / Transfers / Board Confidence

This season was a good season overall, though it did end sourly, with defeat in both the FA Cup final and in the Champions League final. We actually won the FA Cup, beating United 3-2, but a crash dump upon exiting the match day meant a replay. We lost 3-0. I was gutted. I think the hangover from that loss is what cost us in the CL final, unfortunately. We won our 11th consecutive Premier League title, to make it 20 overall.

I played my 2000th game as a manager during this season. An epic achievement, even if I say so myself!

Nolan Davenport was one of ELEVEN players called up by England manager Lionel Messi for the 2046 World Cup, where he has achieved his 200th cap during the warm-up friendlies. He also reached 1000 apps for the club during this season too. He is just exceptional. A true legend. And still only 32!

Youth intake:

YP46a / YP46b

Field has the makings of an excellent AML inside forward, who can also be used as a Winger on the right. Abbey is better than our current 3rd choice GK, with the potential to at least become 2nd choice in the near future.

Aims for Next Season:

Continue to attempt to win everything with players from our youth academy only.

Enfield Town first choice eleven, 4-2-3-1 formation, as of October 2045:

Enfield Town second choice eleven:

All of the above players are from the Enfield Town Youth Academy.

Enfield Town first choice eleven, 4-2-3-1 formation, as of October 2045:

Game got the names wrong... Owen Hargreaves, Burt Reynolds, Jordan Henderson, Lindsay Davenport, Jay Kay, Horton hears a who, Friar Tuck, Brendan Ro(d)gers, David Beckham, Tom Daly, Lleyton Hewitt :D

@hashassin: I LOL'ed!

Won with Youth Products so far: Premier League (x2), Champions League, League Cup, Club World Cup, Community Shield. (And Euro 2044 with England)

Still to win with Youth Products: FA Cup, UEFA Supercup (and if I get another shot at England manager job, World Cup and Confederations Cup)

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2046/47

Last season we won the league, so our aim for this season was to defend our title.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We stormed ahead and then nearly threw it away with some poor form at the end of the season due to injuries.

Community Shield - completely one sided.

Capital One Cup - we had a good run but fell just short of making the final.

FA Cup - I rotated the squad a bit, but this was a shock.

UEFA Champions League - we were great in the group stage and lucky in the knockout rounds. The final wasn't great, but we deserved the win.

Squad - the first generation of youth products are getting old now, so I'm having to bring through new players.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - he struggled last season but was nearly back to his best this time.

Ousseynou N'Diaye - he had to play AMC to cover for injuries but still did well.

Gu Gaohang - he's knocked Agbo out of the team now.

Matt Ashe - Archer was sold to give this kid a chance in the first team.

Adam Thompson - amazing that he's only 25, it feels like he's been here forever.

Career Overview

2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         NextGen series and CWC winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners

Next Season

Winning the double was unexpected, especially with the way we were playing at times as we kept throwing away silly points.

After a 20 year wait, I finally had the chance to request a new stadium. They turned it down!

Congrats on the double, dafuge! I know how hard it is with Youth Products only!

It took me a further year or two to get a new stadium once the 20 years were up, the board kept refusing as there was 'no sign of fanbase increasing' despite the fact we were in a 17k capacity stadium. It's telling that when it was finally granted, we got a 74,000 seater that we sold out practically all season, until an expansion was granted, which brought us to our current capacity of 92,799 (fully expanded).

At least you had the luxury of 37,000 seats... We went from 2018 until 2041 (iirc) with 17k. Only through selling many players for massive fees did we still make a profit. Now thanks to the new stadium, and the lack of need for player purchases, we have a bank balance of nearly £1b.

At least you had the luxury of 37,000 seats... We went from 2018 until 2041 (iirc) with 17k. Only through selling many players for massive fees did we still make a profit. Now thanks to the new stadium, and the lack of need for player purchases, we have a bank balance of nearly £1b.

i'm afraid that this is my future as well... moved in to my new 18k stadium half a season ago, but i will be able to expand it...

KETTERING TOWN

2019/2020 - Premier League

Manager Profile | Finances | Squad | Transfers

League + Capital Cup Fixtures 1 , 2 ,Euro + FA Cups

Key Players

Mousa Dembele -Like i predicted, key player, perfect for my team, though the age is starting to show, unfortunately next season will be his last as far as Kettering Town is concerned...

Moussa Kone - Absoloute legend when it comes to defence, i think i may have problems keeping him...

Makis Vogiatzopoulos - Another bright talent, i'm playing him as box to box, and i'm hoping no-one will bid big for him...

Mario Antolovic - he earned his place here, my star striker got injured for 3 months in the beginning and 2 months in the end of the season, so he stepped up with 22 goals in 41 apps...

As for the summary - YAY! Started off so-so usually, i got to the Euro group stage by goal difference against aberdeen, and group was what i thought tough with Valencia, Wolfsburg and Lokomotiv Moskva, which i ended up with 5 wins 1 loss. In knockouts, it was basically a walk in the park. I was surprised how easy this competition felt. But to be honest, i didnt play any really solid team in my opinion, apart form Arsenal. And i was lucky with them, cause they fired Stuart "The Psycho" Pearce after a season when he got them double (League, FA or CC - cant remember which now, sorry, and he got to the final of Champions League), so i played them in the intermission. FA Cup was easy to, very lucky draws, until i got to the final vs Man Utd and i was of course owned. In the league however things werent going so smooth in the beginning, although i cant really say that someone was bad throughout the season, everyone stepped up and performed. Great midfield, great talents, i will change my right winger, cause he isnt exactly what im looking for. Buy a central defender, young prodigy left-back is on his way already. I will think whether to keep the guy that i bought as a main striker, cause he was out for 5 months in total, but im willing to give him one more chance... Next season... hmm, if i will be able to get to a good start, maybe i will have a shot at 4th spot...

Career Overview

2018/19   Premier League           7th         FA Cup 3rd Rnd, CC Final lost on penalties
2019/20   Premier League           5th         FA Cup Final, CC QF, Europa League Winners

FCUnited- League 1 - 2017/18

League Table

League Positions Graph

A nail biting but welcome finish to the season aswe gained promotion to the Championship via the playoffs. The first half of the season was up &down with away form fantastic but struggling to hold on to leads or concedingearly at home, had to introduce a new tactic which went some way to haltingthis form with a good run to the end of the season assuring our playoff place. First up came Leeds Utd over two legs whichwe eventually won on penalties giving us a Wembley final against Barnsley, ateam that had beaten us home & away in the normal season. We raced into a 2 goal lead but let this slipin the 2nd half even against 10 men, but then held our nerve inanother penalty shoot out. Dunn the herobetween the posts with 3 saves.

Capital One Cup –Crashed out in the 1st round away to Hartlepool.

FACup - 2nd round exit to Swindon in a replay.

Johnstone Paint Trophy Made it to the Northern Semi Final before beingthrashed by Bolton, won’t have the distraction of this competition next season.

Squad - Plenty ofchanges as I cleared out the many of the players that had taken us to League 1. Strength in depth was the key we decent backup in all positions, most of the squad should cope with Championship football.

TransfersYet again utilized theloan market & free transfers. OllyKenney from Arsenal on loan was a star early in the season but faded away, willtry to get him back next season. Raheen Hanley from Blackburn was almost anever present at left back.

FinancesKept on top of this with the wage bill a few granda week under budget, the day out at Wembley boosted the bank balance & anew 7 year sponsorship deal has helped even further. Next seasons budget is pretty tight at themoment but maybe pick some bargains abroad now the board have agreed to widenour scouting range. Facilities are indire need of improvement & hopefully better attendances may see a newstadium on the horizon.

Key Player Profiles:

Kieren Kennedy– Steady as ever again at the back.

Liam McAlinden – Lived up to his potentialboth as finisher & creator, just need to keep him injury free.

Chris Atkinson– Gets better each season, still the main man inmidfield.

Joe McKee – 17 goals & 7 assists, dead ball specialistthat proved crucial in many 1 goal wins.

Player of the Season

RaheenHanley – Chipped in with acouple of important goals, but his consistency at full back was key.

Oneto watch

Ross Davison – Defensive Midfielder, only 20 but made several 1stteam appearances and looks assured.

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShading]

[TR]

[TD=width: 81, bgcolor: transparent] Season

[/TD]

[TD=width: 71, bgcolor: transparent] League

[/TD]

[TD=width: 83, bgcolor: transparent] Position

[/TD]

[TD=width: 336, bgcolor: transparent] Achievements

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 81] 2013/14

[/TD]

[TD=width: 71] BSN

[/TD]

[TD=width: 83] 7th [/TD]

[TD=width: 336] Manager of Year Runner up [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 81, bgcolor: transparent] 2014/15

[/TD]

[TD=width: 71, bgcolor: transparent] BSN

[/TD]

[TD=width: 83, bgcolor: transparent] 1st

[/TD]

[TD=width: 336, bgcolor: transparent] Manager of Year, FA Trophy Winners

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 81] 2015/16

[/TD]

[TD=width: 71] BSP

[/TD]

[TD=width: 83] 1st

[/TD]

[TD=width: 336] Manager Of Year

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 81, bgcolor: transparent] 2016/17

[/TD]

[TD=width: 71, bgcolor: transparent] L2

[/TD]

[TD=width: 83, bgcolor: transparent] 1st

[/TD]

[TD=width: 336, bgcolor: transparent] Manager of Year

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 81] 2017/18

[/TD]

[TD=width: 71] L1

[/TD]

[TD=width: 83] 5th

[/TD]

[TD=width: 336] Promoted via playoffs

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Next Season

Scouting range extended into Europe but think mid table has to be the aim nowfor a couple of seasons until the club better the facilities ready for thePremier League.

MajorCompetitions

Premier League Arsenal, Man Utd,Chelsea.

Championship – Burnely, Watford, QPR

League 1 – Doncaster, Notts County, FC United.

FA Cup – Man Utd bt Newcastle

Capital One Cup – Tottenham bt Man Utd

Champions League – Man Utd bt Bayern Munich

I'm thinking of beginning a new save, and might try this challenge. I still haven't managed in England in FM13 - mainly because of the huge number of matches there. Now with instant result skin I'm ready to give it a shot. :)

I have one question though. Can I take over a club who were at the lowest playable level in 12/13, if they first were to relegate and then promote back to BSN/S?

Archived